Tfw Capcapom has ruined the storytelling of RE7 with its last DLC

Tfw Capcapom has ruined the storytelling of RE7 with its last DLC

What a fucking lame 180.

*also yes it IS Chris and Umbrella is now a PMC working for the BSAA to clean up their leftovers. Lucas was working for a new group called "The Collective" who have a connection to the story of fucking Umbrella Corps.

Other urls found in this thread:

img.rule34.xxx//images/1924/9dcbfd5bbca9b97e8082fb538bf8be0db8b2be42.png
funnyjunk.com/channel/resident-evil/Resident evil 7 ending explained/wyLoLjl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

7 is actually a really good game. It does fps better than dead aim or revalatons and it goes back to the 'i need the snake key to solve this horseshit, obtus puzzle' stuff that made the series good.
This DLC just slightly makes the story worse.

stop it

Thats kind of my point, they finally had a real character with an arc and went back to bullshit.

Missed the golden age nigguh.

They always seem to do that. It's like they just make up stuff on the go. From the very first games.

i still can't get used to new chris. crapcom, why did you shit all over my bara baby boy?

This.
I really don't understand why people gush over RE7 so much. It's dumb and it's not even a proper RE game.

Is it actually supposed to be the same guy or is this a Donte situation?

Apparently the change in appearance is to fit with the "photo-realistic" look RE7 was going for, but he looks fucking hideous compared to RE6 Chris.

Chris only got swole to fight Wesker. With Albert dead, he lost all his gains.

How exactly does this ruin his character? By the end of RE, the Jack we've been fighting is a monster corrupted entirely by the E-series. If he were to survive, he probably wouldn't get a sudden change of heart. Not after his whole family was mutated and destroyed. What we see inside the collective or whatever is the psychic remnant of the man he used to be, pleading for MC to end his suffering.

Unless there's something in the DLC that shits over this interpretation?

As an addition, wasn't the other DLC contradictory bullshit as well?

In the Zoe ending of the original game, Evie kills Zoe with her thoughts despite being cured. The cure is basically worthless.

Besides, the story was already ruined when the Daughters story shows everyone gets infected instantly, despite there being documents in the original game that shows Margret had the presence of mind to go to the doctor to have a brain examination.

Isn't the DLC set before/during the events of the main game? Because by the end of it both the couple and the daughter are dead.

After 3 what else there was about RE with the constant changes of fucking gameplay? If you ever follow the serie is because of the retarded story, which is why I stopped after 4.

Seeing how Tyrants, BOW and E series are relevant, all the previous autism seems to be important, so…

I agree. RE isn't exactly the best planned video game serie ever. They barely nailed it with the first one, and the story of the first one is plain retarded in the first place.

I want faggots to leave.

What are you, gay?

nigger, leave

Yes, he's a huge fag.
I prefer Chris to Leon tbh

>buying any video game that isn't fallout 4

woah now nigga, i watched it on youtube from a none lets play doing a 'the movie' supercut. lets not be crazy here.

OP are you some kind of imbecile?
Just because the evil BOW loli doesn't control the monsters anymore, doesn't automatically mean the monsters get their humanity back.
Besides the whole DLC is awesome, you play some roid rage exsolider who just beats everything to death with his bare fists.
Chris "punch the boulder" Redfield can safely grow old and go in retirement, for he has found a worthy student that will follow his legacy.

The last DLC isn't that bad if you pretend you're playing as Mike Haggar's distant cousin.

wtf is a proper RE game
The fucking garbage ones they made on the playstation
or the good one they made on the gamecube?

You're aware that this entire franchise is known for having the most retarded lore and stories in the history of vidya, right?

Even shit like Marvel VS Capcom has a better story than ANY Resident Evil.

come on man

A THIRD PERSON SURVIVAL HORROR with STATIC CAMERAS, puzzle solving and item management.
That's what a proper RE should be.

Not a Hero felt meh
but End of Zoe was pretty decent
and I think the point is that Jack was just a "rabid dog" at that point as Joe puts it
the only shred of humanity left was the love for his daughter, which is why he just mindlessly wanted Zoe throughout the campaign
hell Joe even mentions that at the end

RE7 seems to be exactly like that except in first person from what I've seen of it. Haven't actually played it, but some gameplay footage I saw reminded me a shit ton of RE1. Pretty sure that's on purpose too, as they even brought back the broken shotgun puzzle.

fuck off

RE7 is a game of 2 halves. The first half is a bad jump scare walking simulator. The second is classic RE with a new camera angle. An angle that works well considering how often you're being chased or trying to avoid someone who you have no way of seeing without turning towards them and slowing down.

It crates tension like RE1's camera did but differently.

Newfags pls go, Rappchan should be up in a few hours

RE7 Chris is supposed to look like RE1 Chris. As opposed RE5 Chris where he looks like a wannabe John Cena

go back to Call of Duty, underage faggots.

shit fucking games

I'm honestly really happy that RE7 did away with the retarded "MORE ACTION, MORE CO OP, MORE CHARACTERS" approach that RE6 went with. The story too managed to make me feel for the Bakers as they were just collateral damage in this endless BOW business while the First person perspective made it feel fresh and exciting.

Capcom did something good for once.

Did you miss the new DLC where you're 1 hit killing monsters with your fists?

It's fucking insane how many times they change Chris. The guy is practically a mutant shapeshifter at this point.

yes but re5 chris, for better or for worst, is the most memorable version

Well it fits the original version of Chris who was a stronk tuff boi but then in remake they twinkified him. RE5 Chris is the perfect incarnation.

Although I find it hilarious how many games Chris is in compared to Jill who I always thought was the more popular RE character.

There a decent torrent for the gold version yet?

No fucking chin, looks like some nerd's poor attempt at cosplaying

Between this, MHWorld, the Mega Man announcement and the DMC collection announcement, I'm convinced Capcom is paying marketers.
All of a sudden everyone has done a 180 and loves their recent shitshow games.

He’s right, Silent Hill was the series with the dynamic camera.

He's trying to say static cameras are a bad thing
Because he has downs

Fuck this twitch bait walking simulator, give me back japanese zombie blasting.

yea but the FPS with limited resources shit doesn't really lend itself well to well resident evil. I liked all the games I saw 4 as a radical but good departure 5 took away the limited sandbox that the other games had(4 already started this but it worked out well in 4)
then the rest of the games came out
Played 6 for like 15 minutes at a friends house and didn't like it
Played through 7 and felt underwhelmed nothing really happened tbh I just chased around a bunch of goo monsters and had that endgame flashback scenario(which I thought was like a midgame thing but nope this is the end)
RE7 felt unfinished, I didn't like the FPS mechanics I thought they were shit(for example Condemned 1 did FPS survival horror better than this game honestly I think Condemned the fucking xbox 360 launch title is better and more memorable than RE7)

All I want is my old school RE1 RE0 Remake RE3 RE2 style "Kill em with handgun ammo and shotgun shells then pound the shit out of the tyrant with all your magnum rounds"

In those games you felt vulnerable you felt very human and you couldn't just avoid damage like you can in every modern game. If you walk into an area full of hunters with the wrong equipment well, either you are going to take a huge hit in terms of health or die.

Anyone think Zoe looks fuckable in that state?

I see you too are a man of culture as well.
I swear it looks like she's wearing lingerie or something which adds to the tomboyish look of hers

One was just a poker game Saw style
One was a survive against wave of enemy
One was a escape room type
One was a story of seeing how the ebil kid corrupted the hillbilly
All DLC are just outsider I think. This is the first one to connect with the main plot

And the winner iiiiiiiiiiiissssss…CLANCY!

img.rule34.xxx//images/1924/9dcbfd5bbca9b97e8082fb538bf8be0db8b2be42.png

You mean when Capcom panders with their 3 most popular games people like them more?

Yup

I only played 4 on my Wii since it was a present from my mother. It was OK.

Did you even play the same game as me?

RE7 doesn't feel unfinished, it feels over extended. You have this twitch bait opening until you get to the main house.

Then you have a solid RE FPS where you start weak and running from everything to getting a shotgun and pissing on everything that tries to stop you.

We reach the RE second location part with the bug cunt woman's area and we get another spooky tape. It's one of the few times RE had effectively brought back horror once you've equipped to deal with the situation (shotgun for travel, grenade launcher for boss).

Lucas' arc starts here where you have a break from the action to solve some puzzles. A classic RE trend where they use a difficult puzzle to break up the action and let you lose a lot of tension ready for a ramp up in difficulty.

After that we end up in the escape section, which feels like the end of the game is coming.

OH SHIP!! Now we have another 2-3 hours of the game left when it was clearly wrapping up and we just fought a final boss tier monster. Ship isn't bad it's the lab replacement. It works story wise but gameplay wise you're wanting things to wrap up not to reset.

Then you have the mine which is a pure slog. The ship was already over extended by an hour or 2 when fatigue is setting in. Now you have a huge mine section that doesn't even wrap the story up as Lucas escapes.

If we then add the No Hero DLC to wrap up the Lucas story (I don't know if it does or not) it becomes even longer. At which point it's just ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with long games that suit it, RE7 doesn't suit being a long game. It feels like it was padded to be the same length as the original titles while having a very different feel that doesn't work for that length of time.

RE7 took the Nemesis concept and implemented it in a different way. Having a Nemesis you can't kill who taunts you the entire time he chases you is an interesting idea. Even more so when you take the camera into account which gives you much less vision than the fixed camera did. A fixed camera rarely hid anything, you know what was there or had time to react to it. RE7 doesn't give you this option. You have to run and yet your least visual feedback is given when running away. You can't hide behind a wall and know what is huninting you's actions.

Long games need to be approached adequately. If you absorb it all, fast and furious, you will end up bored midway through when nothing novel happens anymore. Like binging a game and its sequels (or several campaigns in a MMO): the latter seem samey and boring, because you just can't stand doing the same things anymore.

Simply put, the game was developed to be played over a longer period of time: to enable cooldown. Imagine, we've gotten to the point where we resent games for being too long: I blame the 360 generation.

how can you ruin something thats already utter shit

easy there, reddit.

The 360 was the era where this problem started to kick off because people started judging games based on length the way they did JRPGs in the PS1 era.

A games length has to be balanced with pacing. When a game has bad pacing then even a 6 hour game is going to feel tiring because of it.

RE7 is a good example for this because it has a false ending. All game you're working towards this cure and escape, you get it and this huge monster appears. It's trying to stop you escaping so you kill it and you're ready for the game to be over. Suddenly you're set back from 95% done to 75% done when the ship happens. You're denied the ending you have been getting this entire time.

RE2 drags slightly in the middle but then picks up again near the end so the lab doesn't feel firing. But by the end of the lab you're about ready for the game to be over. If instead of the ending playing when you beat the boss inside the train it took you to another facility with another couple of hours gameplay RE2 would have become a slog as well.

Games need pacing more than any other medium. You have to keep introducing new content people care about without giving them a false sense of their progression. The end of act 2 of a story shouldn't feel like the end of act 3 or people will end up fatigued from it. There is a difference between a plot twist and killing the main antagonist after he takes on a horrific giant form that dwarves everything else in the game right as you achieve your goal.

its pretty shit that through all the Clancy DLC the man goes through absolute hell trying to escape, just to be burned alive in a rigged game
narrative-wise it just feels like its all for nothing since you already know the outcome
though getting to play an HD escape the room game was pretty fucking rad

i was kinda mad that the game didn't end with an rpg.

Well, atleast it was a samurai's edge and not a random gun.

You can't be serious mate?

RE1 chris was buff, but normal buff, not a roidmonkey.

DLC looks fun as fuck too bad it's short, I wish they expanded on the punch combat and gave you a swayback dodge or something of that sort.

Admit it, you contrarian faggots only hate it because it's first person.

The molded are probably the worst enemies in all of RE. They're so fucking boring and not scary.

Also the Chris free DLC was a let down. Mechanically it was still good but its focus was on the weakest part of the game which was the salt mine.

Ignore those fucks. Every Res is almost its own thing. All of them where fun even 6. Most of the faggots posting here weren't even alive when the first game came out. People that complain about Res VII should play an actual bad game from Capcom like MvCi.

Chris.. had a hard life….

Can't forget

Well at least he can be happy that he and the other protagonists of Resident Evil games haven't been quarantined like Typhoid Mary, because at this point they have been contaminated by every time of BOW that was every invented.

Molded are creepy as fuck when you first encounter them but they offer no challenge if you can headshot at all.

It's likely they were an after thought when they realized they couldn't carry the game on just the family.

Nah its a problem caused by the attempted realism.
The molded are a product of a serialized bio weapon, so its logical that they are all looking the same. After all the people who made it want to sell it.
The reason why the Baker family doesn't look the same is that they are protected by Eve or other means from changing too much, they only change when heavily wounded or Eve is dead.

I meant game design wise. They didn't know how the mold effected people infected, it turns out long term they become molded. The insanity was the only thing they knew for sure due to containment problems.

At least if I recall the ship properly.

Can you post a webm of the DLC?

The Wesker retardation started in CV.

Originally "Chris" was going to be the character from Umbrella Corps using a codename. They changed the story to coincide with one of the devs BSing about it.
funnyjunk.com/channel/resident-evil/Resident evil 7 ending explained/wyLoLjl/

See, this is why chris is the male character i like the most in RE.

Lmao what a fucking retard

Tech limitations lead to interesting design choices. Some of the best features in games were due to limitations having to be worked around

Underageb& please leave.

I'm pretty sure Piers dies at the end of RE6

Its only memorable because of retarded boulder punching shit

abso-fucken-lutely i'd be surprised if it even can be improved

The DLC was pretty shitty in its delivery and I didn't like the fact that the DLC was just "guess who's back faggots?", but he was always going to just be a generic Type-T without Eveline controling him. The mold shit that Eveline spreads is basically cordyceps and destroys your brain. I actually think it is sadder that he gets turned into a regular monster, because his dying wish couldn't be carried out because now he is just a husk of a man who'd good nature led to the deaths of himself and his family.

Pathetic

You knew he was just posting for attention and yet you gave it to him anyway. Why?

Because ive seen lots of people actually believe that.