Hotline Miami 2

Decided to play hotline miami 2 for the second time.
I tried hard mode once and then upon realizing the only real change was inverted maps and weird enemies with body armor I switched back to normal.
I also focused a bit more on guns this time and, I gotta say, maybe I was wrong about this game playing through it the first time because not only is it harder, the characters and stories more interesting, but the game is… fun? The level design is still cheap but its fun.

I can't believe I'm enjoying this game after trashing it so much. HM2 thread?
Also the level editor is pretty gud.

To clarify, I don't know if it's the second playthrough or the fact that I know how to use guns fast that's making me enjoy it more.
But, it's more likely the latter since it's been a couple years since i played this game.

Biker is the best mc. His ending is also canon.

I really enjoyed playing the first Hotline Miami, I didn't pick it up until this past summer but was glad I did. However, the sequel… just doesn't have the same appeal. Its not a corridor shooter. The maps are so open that you have to worry about getting shot by enemies you can't see. I just wish it was more fluid like the first. Easy to pick up hard to master etc… I can't imagine a melee only run is remotely possible in the second.

I love listening to the soundtrack on night walks. Really gets the blood going.

Yet another reminder that this is the only good song in the game. Enjoy your glass houses.

global reported

Found the pleb

It's a decent game on it's own, however when it came out everyone was expecting something better than the first one. When it didn't live up to the expectations everyone got pretty pissed about it, specially since they fucked up in stuff like game design and storytelling, both which the first game had done in an excellent way.

*level design

To say they fucked up the level design is an understatement. In 1, once you got the hang of things, you could blitz your way through the levels relying on sheer instinct. You get a glimpse of an area and you can instantly formulate and execute your plan of attack. In 2, the only way you're going to go fast in most levels is with foreknowledge of the layout and enemy placement. That shift from raw reaction speed to trial and error (or even worse, door baiting and slowly scanning off-screen) ruins the gameplay.

I bet you like roller mobster, faggot.

Thanks for the laughs again user

god, the level design in 2 sucked. i was blown the fuck away by HM1, and having 2 be that forced and shitty was such a shock. i seem to remember reading that they didn't actually want to make HM2 but the fans wanted one so bad they felt obliged to do it, and i believe it

Autists raging about this game has brought me so much joy, I can't even remember whether or not I liked the actual game.

You are either blind, retarded or both.
The difference is changed maps, halved ammo for a weapon that is dropped and faster enemy reaction

where do I paste workshop levels? I downloaded a bunch from here a while back.

Get over it, Hotline 2 was shit and killed the franchise.

i dont understand, someone mind explaining?

Can you really say it “killed the franchise” when the devs never had any intention for it to be one in the first place.

I am now playing through 2 and while I try to like the games, it doesn't feel fun. It feels like I'm playing the games wrong. Cheesing levels is boring, running through levels rarely works because you get sniped the second you get in the view of a gunman and I play with shift constantly held down. My main qualms so far are how the camera "jumps" when you are facing one way and then turn around. The aiming reticle also feels a little useless since you can't see it anyway and fuck trying to use it for anything.

This is weird considering how I used to play the fuck out of a proto-HM multiplayer browser game, where you run around as a stickman killing other stickmen and picking up weapons. That had some good kinaesthetic feedback, HM just feels off every time I try it.

git gud

This is true, the majority of people walked into Hotline Miami playing it like a top-down peak-a-boo-shooty from behind a corner. It's not till you get fed up and rush through a level and turn the place into a slurry of mobster do you really know how the game is meant to be played. You can see this in most jewtubers first playthroughs. Hell, the only exceptions are the hospital level, the russian mob boss, the fight against Biker and the hotel level. The hotel level even has Cactusquid snickering at the player for trying to play it like a stealth game and not gunning down those 2 mobsters at the end of the hall.

Nigger, it was meant to be the last one.