Mega Man XI's long wait was because of Con Man

archive.is/tFn0e

So do you believe it was Inafune is the reason why Capcom has gone to shit?

I don't care about megamongs.
I want another Lost Planet 2-like or another Dino Crisis game.

Didn't Inafune say that Lost Planet 2 was too Japanese?

It's amazing how quickly this guy went from hipster darling to the fucking Voldmort of video game developers.

HEH

How the mighty has fallen.
We all know that shitshow MN9 bombed, we haven't heard from Inafune since besides the BETTER THAN NOTHING excuse.

And so was the cancellation of MegaMan Online, so what?

Quick question. Has any one sued Con Man?

Not surprising. It happened to Schafer as well. Kickstarter exposes the ineptitude of certain people to manage money. Though, there has hardly been many good games that were entirely produced with only kickstarter money. A handful are good, most end up mediocre, and rest are plain disasters. I don't think kickstarter is good, at least for games with how long they take and how quickly it snowballs with one little mistake.

Schaefer is still put on the pedestal by third rage rags and SJW faggots while Inafune was abandoned by literally everybody. Even the chinks would rather work with Cliffy than him.

Shit, i found the pic.
Its a very long pic, but he's responsible why Capcom was westernizing their games.

Too bad he's still shit.

Didn't this faggot have his wife tattoo his name on her ass?

Have you seen his wife? I think the whore in question has a brain to thing logically about anything.

doesn't have*

I'm so tired.

If Inafune was the creative motor for Mega Man he lost that spark decades ago.

If designers on Capcom are less creative than Inafune then Mega Man XI is going to be the most bland in the series yet.

It couldn't possibly be more forgettable than 7.

I just hope they finish all the other spin-off they left in the air.

also remember Breath of Fire? Another brands Capcom left to dry for no reason.

You realize that "better than nothing" thing was a translation error, right?

I do too.
I miss the Mega waifus

Okay.

Judging by how Megaman looks, despite being their fucking flagship, I doubt any new Rival Schools game will do justice to how beautiful the Dreamcast game looked like. It better stays dead, user. Just replay the dreamcast one.

I guess he never considered that maybe Japanese gamers like Japanese games for their Japanese traits and Japanese game creators are accomodating them because they don't give a fuck about stupid internationalist assholes like Inafune?

What happened with Red Ash? You can say what you like about Con Man, but he knew how to design charming characters, proof being all the fucking characters in MN9 that are not Beck.

It wasn't. He was just an artist. It's evident that he wasn't when the series went straight to the shitter when Capcom gave him more control during the Playstation era.

Which ones were bad? X6 onwards were made without his input. He wanted to move onto the Zero series instead, which for the first few games were very good. Much as I dislike him for pompousness he deserves credit where it is due.

Also, X6 was done against his will, since he wanted to end the X series with X5, which was also rushed. I mean, the guy seems like an slacker in the first place.

Funny thing, people get on his side and the whole argument boils down to "he is right because he is Japanese."

The biggest problem with kickstarter is that, even with successful games, you end up with too many cooks in the kitchen. Because you're begging people to invest their money, as a gesture you kind of have to offer them concessions in the form of content contests, stretch goals, etc… but you're already starting pre-production (Because you need something to show off) with an indefinite budget. So you end up with a rather paltry core experience that has mechanics and features that feel like they're just tacked on to pad things out - without integrating them fully into either the game or the other stretch goals. You don't know what you have the budget to design for, so everything has to be modular.

Shantae is a good example of a successful kickstarter that delivered on it's promises - but was still a bit of a shitshow exactly because of the limitations of being a kickstarter project.

Yes

Given the Lost Planet 2 sentiment, I imagine him to be the direct reason EX Troopers was kept in Japan in favor of LP3 being brought over.

No. Inafune couldn't even make a decent game with 4 million dollars. Him leaving should therefore have increased their quality, but here we are with the Capcom of today.

They're both shit.

They dug that corpse up almost two years back and made a zombie with it.

No one asked for Mega Man XI.
Everyone asked for Mega Man Legends 3.
Capcom will continue to fail.

And then buried it again quietly a year later.

This

Inafune is a fucking cunt who ruined a bunch of good franchises trying to catch the unicorn that is or was the CoD audience, however this comment from Capcom looks like excuses leaving the IP for dead for so long.

If Inafune was so brilliant as some claim, how did they fuck up Mighty Nr.9?
Idea people are nothing without ways to execute their vision and someone telling them no when they come up with terrible ideas sometimes.
Every idea person needs another whos good at deconstructing the bullshit.

balance that

I kinda doubt Inafune is even an ideas guy really. His behavior these last few years rubs me as the sort of person that just steals credit from others.

How much input does he actually give? From what I've seen he uses is fame to Kickstart games he lets other companies make. Red Ash for instance was supposed to be developed by some Chinese mobile company.

He designed the worst Call

/thread

And he snuck it into the ending despite it losing. I'm sure that'll pay off for the sequel :^))))

That's not what stagnation is user.

As someone who's looked into Capcom, for the most part the games that they don't develop in Japan are the ones that end up crappy.

Capcom is awful with their third party support. Capcom Vancouver gets to do whatever the fuck they want with the Dead Rising series, without any objection. GRIN also suffered a lot from a total lack of communication during Bionic Commando 2009's development–something that notably caused development of the game to be virtually restarted in fact. Not to mention Capcom had to fly out members of their own dev teams to Ninja Theory to patch up the mess that was DmC: Devil May Cry at one point.

I think I can break that one down. First, Comcept came up with the ideas and gameplay concepts in their own spare time. Those are the early development videos that have, like, checkerboard stages. But the majority of the game development beyond whatever was deemed essential was instead given to Inti Creates.

A dev team who had build upon and flesh out this prototype in an unfamiliar engine (Unreal Engine 3) that midway through development had it's support cut, leaving Inti to solve engine issues that normally would've been handled with support from Epic Games. Which caused the numerous delays, and held up the game so much that I'm not surprised it ended up being Microsoft to push out an improvement patch for the Xbox One version.

Inafune could not give a single fuck if what he wanted to do with a thing was unreasonable, hence why the Vita and 3DS versions of Mighty No. 9 are never coming out. Hence the animated series we're not getting. Hence the goddamn live action movie he wanted. Inafune had set up his company so that it'd never have to do the heavy legwork for any of it's projects.

The funny part is that Comcept was originally founded alongside their own developer arm named "Intercept". Intercept built one game… *And then cancelled it*. I have to figure that the only reason Comcept's library of games was so varied was because it was more to do with Inafune having industry friends. In fact, the entire reason Level-5 acquired Comcept seems to be because Akihiro Hino is a friend of Inafune's.

That makes sense in princable but execution is what's important. Bionic Commando was moved forward in both good and bad ways at the same time. where DmC was only bad.

Ninja Theory is staffed with edgelord manchildren so it's no surprise they can only churn out garbage. I don't know if I agree with his sentiment considering how many beloved IPs get necromanced only to be raped for no apparent reason. Thief is a prime example of this.

Bionic Commando is indicative of all that was wrong with Inafune's approach and philosophy when it came to producing videogames. Apparently originally what GRIN presented to Capcom was similar in tone to REARMED, being over the top goofy fun, but Inafune made them rework it into the grimdark edgy shit to appeal to western audiences even though it already had mass appeal as was proven by Rearmed being one of the biggest downloadable title releases when it came out.
And you can see all of this with all the other outsourced generic titles during that period at Capcom(DmC:DMC, Dark Void, Dead Rising 3 and 4, large parts of RE6, Lost Planet 3, and the fortunately cancelled Maverick Hunter(a fucking Megaman X generic sci-fi FPS, I shit you not)). He actively encouraged westernizing franchises that didn't need westernizing. Only Monster Hunter got spared that treatment purely because that series producer is the son of the CEO and abuses his nepotism powers to keep MonHun the way he likes it.

Of course one of the most disturbing things I've heard is that Inafune is the one that shitcanned Legends 3. The game still got reworked into EX Troopers aka the real LP3, but that was a nippon exclusive.

Best Call is only pic related.

pic related

I prefer Call E.

please tell me there is more of third pic.

that's exactly where i was heading to user

Why do you hate money Capcom?

didn't they made a BoF mobile game a while ago?

Given Inafune's tendency to suck off Gook and Chink companies I'd be willing to bet the guy was actively sabotaging Capcom back then.

If he was so important to the MM franchise, and was the only person in Capcom who could have continued it, why did he leave?

Reminder one of the designers in Dogma's development created Breath of Fire.

Oh boy, that sounds familiar.

We don't talk about that.

where's her puss puss?

Reminder that Red Ass got it's funding from the chinks when the kickstarter was going to fail.

It's there, beneath the fur.

I don't believe you.

Would an anonymous shitposter lie to you?

You know it's going to get the [CURRENT YEAR] treatment & a microtransaction crafting system. Let it rest in peace.

yes

Most of the modern Holla Forums consensus approved games have microtransactions though, with few exceptions, its only when a non approved game does it when its wrong

Shit, I'd believe it.

It makes sense when you consider it was right around the time SF4 came out and revitalized fighting game popularity as well as the same time Starcraft 2 was revealed. I'd imagine there was some apprehension involved with the gook overlords and they wanted any sort of "e-sport" competition, however small, to be stamped out and since Inafune had nothing to do with Street Fighter, he went after every other facet of Capcom instead.

He didn't create Megaman, he just did the artwork.

incorrect

ugly

I still don't want a [CURRENT YEAR] treatment. Edward Falcon would make people split hairs.

Fucking what?

Fuck you for reminding me

BEST GIRL!

Did you downvote me faggot? No one downvotes me, im the guy with most Karma in 8chin

A man of taste, I see.

Not likely from the girl that canonically refuses to cuck you even with the continuation of her species on the line.

What is she from anyway, I only know from the saturn game dragondorce where she was just a cameo

Breath of Fire II

Was this chart ever finished, by the way?

Even without Inafune, Capcom dug their own grave. Yes, Inafune is a piece of shit. But he's not responsible for SFV or MVCI, those show that Capcom themselves are just as retarded and out of touch.

Capcom is all marketing now. Look at how when the new Megaman was revealed everyone was "so hyped" and "couldn't wait to get it" but that this sentiment is gone on all websites where it's currently discussed. It's because they stopped paying the marketers.

I think SFV and MVC:I were just royally stupid fuck ups. SFV the rushed out for tournaments that capcom thought would be great advertising but really the majority of people don't care about, and MVCI was rushed out because Marvel wanted a game for their movies and they thought the MvC brand would guarantee sales regardless of quality.

If you look at RE7 and Monster Hunter world you can see that Capcom is still capable of putting out a polished product. or at least a far more polished product then SFV and MVC:I

But both of those show Capcom is still fucking up their beloved franchises. RE7 was fine as a game, but trash a Resident Evil game, and the same for MH World which they wanted to "appeal to Western audiences".

To be fair anything that makes Monster Hunter less shit is a welcome change regardless of its source.

Honestly I'm not super knowledgeable about RE or MH. I'm judging it in a "this doesn't look like hot garbage" way.

I'm mostly just trying to be hopeful about DMC5.

Well, if 11 does well then do you think we can have an X9? Also a new Legends game would have to be remade from the ground up with its controls and interactions. I always thought shifting between an over the shoulder camera for gunning and a free camera for movement. Probably a similar free movement camera to Monster Hunter could work if levels are designed well.

Or just make Volt transparent while aiming. There's no reason to actually shift the camera like that.

**Volnutt you know what I mean.

If they end up Re-releasing the Legends games, I think that would be a big hint since I don't think anyone would want to re-release a story that ends on a cliffhanger and cause even more people to want to see the story continue. without having the continuation to sell them.

I don't know how technically difficult it would be to port Legends to other systems without a PSX emulator, something I know Sony will object porting to other systems.

holy god i just want to bury my face and dick in all of rouges sexual parts. fucking delicious

I can't really bring myself to play BoF games. Combat usually feels pretty boring and I didn't really care for the stories any time I played them. Saying that, 5 was the most interesting one to me despite being disliked for not being like the other games.

Since when was Megaman an innovative series?
Christ their biggest innovations were to add a slide and wall jumps

Why can't they just recycle whatever they had done with The Legends 3 they cancelled? That should belong to them, not Inafune, and no one would be mad now that it's obvious Inafune is a hack.
I just want ZX3 for fucks sake.

The camera being dynamic sounds like a good idea if done correctly. Shift to one of the shoulders depending on the direction. Better than making Volnutt transparent, in my opinion.

I just want them to add fucking subtitles.

There was Megaman 64, which is, presumably, a port of Megaman Legends 1 to N64.

Apparently not that hard since the games were ported to the PC when they came out.

Before mvc3 I was hoping they'd add a BOF character and maybe bring the series back,fast forward a few years and after the mobile game and mvci i'm glad the series is dead.

The fuck is this?

Speedrunning/charity fundraising marathon some problem hairs held last year. We had a thread or two about it, but it wasn't the kind of long-lasting autism you'd really remember.

stream had an average of 2k viewers but they somehow managed to raise 1 million in a few days.

DO NOT BULLY B!

I liked A personally. It's amazing that the best part of the game was during development. Also, there was a lot of wasted ideas.

I miss Power Stone.

I'd bully her with my dick if you know what I mean.

Hidden puss puss is high-tier puss puss at the minimum. Having an excuse to walk around outside without any pants sounds pretty hot.

I've been saying for a while that the problem with doing more classic Megaman now is it's been done to death. Ten main games (two in fairly recent memory), several handheld spinoffs, shitloads of fangames and "inspired by" games like Shovel Knight.
They should have done X9, returning to the 16-bit style of the earlier games. The Sonic Mania of Megaman.

After X7 and X8 I'm convinced they have 0 idea how to make an X game.

Well it's been 13 years since X8, and 2 years after X8 they made both Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X. a potential X9 could could go in allot of different directions.

Like the garbage pile.
Honestly at this point I'd rather Capcom make a new 2D platformer IP instead of shackling themselves to what they've been rehashing for over 20 games now. I honestly doubt MM11 will be any better than a rom hack.

Not really. X series was dead after the PS1, X7 killed it even when X8 is decent and any fan knows that canonically X6 an onwards are shit and doesn't make sense. I guess you can warrant another X game gameplay-wise, but then you could have just done Maverick Hunter X2 with a more competent art style.
The reason the classic Megaman makes sense is because it was never bound by story, so you can do a hundred about the same thing if you like, whereas X ended with X5 and X6 is only "good" because of gameplay and that's debatable.

Pretty much this.

Jesus.

The reason there are so many romhacks and really good ones at that is how simple Megaman is on design, specially if you consider it's 8-bit. I don't know if it's harder to translate that to 16-bit, let alone the PSX ones, but the truth is there are not good X games romhacks at all, so yes, I really want more.

All the more reason to bring it back. People have been waiting a long time for another good X game.

Inafune seems like he was the business and ideas guy. He had no problem raising a ton of money, he's good at business. MN9 had a ton of potential with cool ideas. But when it came to implementing everything, it was fucking awful.
Now look at Japanese Capcom games, they are devoid of good ideas and they keep making horrible business choices, but they are at least well put together from a presentation standpoint.

The two complimented each other. Capcom needed Inafune to be a businessman and an ideas guy. Inafune needed Capcom to actually make a decent game. The two split, Capcom went to shit, and Inafune made steaming piles of shit that raked in tons of money before everyone realized he was full of shit.

But, I think Inafune is in the worse position. It's a lot easier to find people with ideas and aren't bad at business than it is to find competent game developers. Capcom seems to be on the right track again, MonHunWorld, though it's sort of a slap in the face to MonHun fans, will end up selling a lot more than regular Monster Hunter games have, at least outside of Japan.

I don't think Inafune was a con, I think he was overly optimistic and took the talented developers in Capcom Japan for granted. After he built up the business side for MN9, he realized the development side wasn't there. He tried to salvage what he could with UE, but it didn't work. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stand up and say Inafune is a good guy, he's not, all of this is his fault for leaving Capcom and not realizing what he had. He got too greedy and threw away a lot.

Let's not pretend Inafune was good for Capcom. Remember he is responsible for them westernizing games.

And I'm sure that people actually one the PSX games more than the 16-bits one, including me. I don't know if it's different for you, but I think that's more iconic than the 16-bits one, and even if not, they look better, particularly Zero's animations.

That's pretty stupid, user, he just used his name that apparently didn't have a lot of weight or meaning to empty people wallets based on nostalgia. He is not good at business, proof being how he blowed the entire budget and ended up with a mediocre looking product with a lot of problems with the physical rewards.
Capcom and Inafune are both on the same boat, but the difference is that Inafune is a sad individual while Capcom is a company, and as so a change of staff can mean the difference, but you can replace your own incompetency.
Yes you can, meme man. In fact, that's the main attraction to the spin-off games. You seriously think people gave a shit about Legends 3 because of the gameplay and not to close the cliff-hanger? That's exactly why I said

I'm convinced there are no original X game romhacks in the first place. They're minor mods here and there.

You know no matter how you look at it; the dude rip people off bottom line. His whole argument for taking people hard earn money, "least it's better than nothing." What a fucking chink; I hope people don't buy into anything this fuck say's or what capcom says, because at the end of the day their both massive piles of shit I hope this shit head gets hit by a truck, and capcom get's fucking bombed.

It's still worth noting that a majority of Capcom's crappy titles… Are ones that were also outsourced or the equivalent of being outsourced. Capcom Vancouver, despite being "part of Capcom", was originally a third party dev who pretty much immediately after doing Dead Rising 2 were acquired by Capcom. They're the ones who're making a mess of Dead Rising now.

And it fits into the "Inafune is a market westaboo" narrative.

If Nintendo can get an N64 emulator working I can see Megaman64 over Legends for it was the technically superior port. Though I don't know how badly it was censored.

I'm not sure if Capcom is willing to put the effort into remastering PC ports of Legends onbthe Switch. How were the PC ports anyway?

As for X9, truth be told I want hand drawn sprites in HD anime with SNES X's movement. Get an autist to tie the story as the last X game before Zero series. Perhaps the twist why X lost his power is because he's a copy of the original.

As for Breath of Fire, I like the AP strategy sim battle system. It's the D-meter that ruined the game for me. Remove D-meter, mix elements from the other series, have more monster waifus, and Breath of Fire can be great again.

who told you this lie? It's worse in every way. Uglier textures, lower resolution textures, poorer audio quality, shorter draw distance.

Makes a lot of sense, though. If Capcom announced a MM game during MN9's hype train they would have been unfairly treated by fans. Not that you can really treat Crapcom unfairly these days.It just wouldn't have been smart.

K, I haven't slept in 30 hours. So how about no Legends 3 on Nintendo and just make it a PS4 exclusive.

I want to…

You're ugly.

I truly have a feeling so complicated

My nigga

I'm glad Capcom is FINALLY starting to (barely) unfuck themselves but all I want is DMC5, Lost Planet 4 and Ex-Troopers 2
as long as Capcom doesn't lose Hideaki Itsuno I have at least some semblance of hope until otherwise

I wouldn't mind this, especially if it took advantage of all the options the platform would present.

Megaman 11 is going to be a pixel shit mediocre videogame whitout love prepare for be buying for fanboys of the blue manlet.

It's dead because dragon quarter was so fucking bad nobody bought it.

How did he even come to that conclusion. The game is a third person shooter with a futuristic dystopian look and customization weapons, sure it has monster hunter looking bosses, but you'd have to be hard pressed to try and imply that the game alienates western audiences.

Hell, fucking Mega man is more japanese than fucking lost planet 2, how does he not see that.

Wow.

See

I want the first ex troopers in the first place.

Inafune has been gone for longer than you think. He's not the reason for their fighting game debacles and their other failures, it's square on Capcom. They're on no right track at all.

How are they even remotely doing that though?

I see literally no difference between those images.

Pretty sure Legend's artstyle with higher poly count can work for a multiplatform release at 60fps, including Nintendo Switch. But Legends has been a Sony franchise so it'd make sense to keep it on Playstation if Legends 1&2 and MAoTB don't see multiplatform remakes.

I'll take BoF5 for 1000$, Alex.

You can see the end of the hallway in the PS1 version, in N64 version, its just a blank space.

What does it take to expand the field of vision in games like Megaman Zero or Shantae? Firstly, it'd fuck up some things since the games were designed around tiny screens. With a bigger field of visions, things like hidden Cyber Elves wouldn't be as hidden.
I'm thinking Shantae and the Pirate Curse had a pretty dynamic approach with resolution.

I wouldn't mind that as long as they release the other franchises in their respective platforms. However, it's not like legends is exclusive, MM64 exists.