Nu-Civ continues to be shit

Is anybody really surprised? Probably not.

First they gave us Gook Queen that nobody liked, not even the gooks themselves and now they once again shit on the legacy of an important European culture by picking a historically irrelevant leader AND making her look ugly as fuck.

No good looking White people allowed here.

Civilization was always shit

Who the fuck is that supposed to be.

Civ4 proves you wrong.

Queen Wilhelmina. Pic related is how she actually looked.

Oranje boven!

Germany should have Hitler though.

She put on some weight.

Is that Louis C.K. in the top left corner?

Every fucking time.

4th row from the top on the right side is a cutie tho.

>it's a (((situation)))
You're wearing a fedora as we speak, aren't you?

It's not enough they can't help but shill for their shitty ideology but CIV VI is also no fun at all. Seriously worst 60 dollarydoos ever spent. I put 500 hours into V and a good bit in IV but I can't even bother to break 10 on VI.

I heard they oversimplified it and cartoonified everything even worse than before.

L-lewd

The cartoon part is true

Every European nation needs to be represented by a woman goy! The gun is good, the penis is evil for the European man!

You just know they hired someone directly off tumblr.

You need to spoiler that shit. Some of us are eating.

I said from the top,stupid!

I hate when they do that shit. Why ruin an aesthetic with that crap. It also lessens the seriousness of the situations that pop up in game.

It's not really simplified because that implies a logical reduction. It's dumber than even Civ5 because the things the removed and added don't make much sense.

It took me a while to figure out it's supposed to be a drawing of Kill La Kill. Really fascinating.

This is what trigger fans really want

Tough shit, Trigger wants to draw hot, scantly clad women and they could care less what the mentally ill wastage of post-modern Western society want.

Is that supposed to be a parody of tumblr style drawings or a real thing?

Let me guess the coloured hair ones are the art designers.

Tumblr is incapable of parody.

So, a classic case of the new generation of SJW devs trying to reinvent the wheel and failing catastrophically?

you haven't since little witch academia which from the word go has evaded panty shots with ugly shadows? It's was designed to appeal to western sensibilities.

Why didn't the otakus declare jihad on them?

I'm not sure, actually. They at least had SOME experience from the Civ5 debacle that took multiple expansions to make it remotely playable yet for some reason they threw all that experience over board. And yet the most crucial system, 1UPT remains untouched and the AI is still incapable of fighting wars. Less capable than even in Civ5.

Thats just confusing. What were they thinking?

Not much thinking was involved. These aren't the kind of "people" that enjoy designing gameplay mechanics and systems to promote strategic thinking and creative strategies, their main, and likely only concern, was to rewrite history by shoving every insignificant minority and cunt they could find as the leader of their respective civilization (or "civilization" when niggers are featured).

because nobody likes studio trigger in japan

It's the real thing.

It's garbage.

Really? Any particular reason for it?

What a disappointing end to the civ series.

are they releasing all those leaders as dlc or did they release an unfinished game?

btw Hatshepsut is best girl

are they releasing all those leaders as dlc or did they release an unfinished game?

btw Hatshepsut is best civ girl

Waddaya think nigger?

Something baffles me about tumblr artwork:

They know their art is ugly, right?
I mean, it has to be done on purpose. There is no way someone puts effort into making that and thinks "this is done and it looks good", right?
How does one copes with the doublethink necessary to go through the proces of making something intentionally flawed and artistically ugly for the sake of it.
I understand depicting something that's ugly to begin with, in which case the artistical talent has to shine to make up for the subject's lack of pleasant features. But Tooru is hot and cute, and Kobayashi isn't a tranny.
Does the artist at least feels a little bit disheartened after finishing this piece, made intentionally ugly and displeasing to the eyes? He can't possibly be 100% proud of it, can he?
It must be a sad life in itself to spread uglyness in to this world, when art is instead supposed to elevate mankind.
Maybe it's because they know, deep down, that since they produce ugly things they don't fit in what society considers "normal", and since the effort to produce garbage is intentional and conscientious, they understand that tehre is no one to blame but themselves for their inadequancy. The burden of responsibility for one's own shortcomings is heavy to bear, and root of anxiety, anger and depression.
Thus is the reason why SJWs are so obnoxious and permanently offended. They can't stop it, as they feed it themselves.

Come on now.

Maybe, not likely. They know it looks like a nu-Cartoon Network cartoon, so they think it's good.

I thought OP's pic was a fatter and uglier version of Marry Poppins.

God knows. You have to realize that most of them, if not all, are mentally ill. When you're crazy to being with and fed the brain melting bullshit leftist academics peddle to the crowds you are not likely to have a firm grasp of reality.

Done right in their vocabulary translate to "I made it so white, heterosexual men can't enjoy it". That's about the only variable something needs to have for them to say it's good.

Welcome to Marxism, we hope you will enjoy your stay.

They are incapable of conceiving of the thought they are to blame for their own fuckups. It's the fault of Western society, the patriarchy, their parents, Christianity and anything else they can come up with that they aren't the super special snowflake everyone kept telling them they were back in school.

Or, you know, they are just bitter subhumans programmed to seek out and destroy anything that would make humans happy.

both cuz shekels

Cool dudes who like vidya and want to create them, usually programers
Corporate drones, hipsters and women, most of them probably thrown into art department, have no idea how to advance tech behind games or develop more complex ones because lack of programmers, shaping games up to their agenda instead of making them just fun

What the fuck happened?

It's all about the "deconstruction" of the values so everything we know or like is now bad. Good is now bad, ugly is beautiful, being normal is bad, being slim means you're anorexic but being morbidly obese means you're fine, etc.

if they lower the standards of beauty, they can look "prettier" without actually having to look less ugly

a woman will not a climb a mountain; she would prefer to declare her house below sea level to be the top of the mountain, and she will do just that too

Game devs have always been left-leaning, they just didn't focus on their political leanings while working on something. It's the feminization of work in general, where feelz are more important than results.

The red tumblr nose is most likely because of excessive blackheads on their nose, makes you look like Rudolph.

Jesus fuck they really have to shit on everything don't they. I fucking thought it was Mary Poppins in the fucking OP.

Agreed
"by making it ugly". My point is that at some point they must realise that they have the capacity to draw something good and pleasing, but have instead to make a decition to tarnish it on purpose. They tell themselves it's "good", but I'm sure in the back of their heads a voice tells them it isn't and it's their own fault.
And I also agree that some people simply can't take responsibility for their own situation. This ties with our first point, actually. It IS a deficiency that needs professional assistance to be treated. Good luck convincing them of that though.

Postmodernism was never good, became worse after marxism took it and introduced identity politics. It's all abou t opressorXopressed, there can't be a smidget of personal responsibility anymore.

Again, to lower the standards beauty is an oximoron in itself. Producing something less beautiful on purpose proves their own point, they can tell themselves and everyone that hte garbage they produce is beautifull, but only sponsored "academics" will agree. The general public, i.e. the very notion of beauty, can't be coopted. It takes a child to point out the king is naked.

Traditionalism is, at it's core, about beauty. It follows that modernists in their effort to stamp out traditionalism would try to stamp out beauty.
I think it's subconscious though. They're just so accustomed to telling themselves lies because of their worldview that they don't even notice it anymore.

Meant "proves our point". The moment you say "X is beautifull, therefore I'll draw the oposite, Y" elevates X regardless

It's not Postmodernism. It's postsemitism.

Why would you bother with CIV after they hobbled V from not just an expansion matter but Naval being broken?

Looks like they put all the toxic masculinity in the back row. Second image, front row from left to right:
second row:

SJWs exist to spite white men, so they make ugly art because they think they are "subverting" white male constructs. They believe that beauty standards were literally invented by white men to subjugate women and minorities.

She might have looked good in Civ5 at least

That doesn't make any sense, it's just regular semitism

Incorrect, they exist because white men forgot where to apply their natural altruism. And, that's gone and took a turn, buddy boy.

Not to sound like a faggot but do you think paintings of royalty are realistic depictions of their appearance? I'm not saying that Wilhelmina was a fat goblin piece of shit like in Civ VI but I don't think paintings of people in high positions of society from that era are an accurate representation of their appearance.

I really enjoyed the naval stuff in 5.

I think 4 is a better game overall but I think the way units could provide their own sea transport based on the current technology level makes sense.

Good thing we have photos of her then!
I mean, yea, she became a typical grandma later in life but her model in Civ6 clearly makes her look around 30, not 60, so they either were too retarded to do a simple image search or they made her ugly on purpose. Looking at the dev team, which is more likely?

Both, actually.

What the fuck is this, Sidposting? I assume you must not have gotten to it until they """""""""""""""""fixed""""""""""""""""""""""" it with expansions.

It's not like this is the first time they hamfistedly inserted female rulers either. Catherine de Medici is a terrible choice for France as well, for example.

If you're making a game about historically important civilizations and nations, you ought to pick rulers and a design for them that is flattering to that nation.

That is correct.

I got the game when it first came out but it was very shallow so I went back to playing 4.
Then picked 5 up again with the expansions.

I wanted to say Boudicca…but wish she's more..filled in.

Civ6 is shit, but not because of its pozziness or artstyle, if you really think that disturbs your gaming experience you're major reddit/4cuck tier faggot shitposter non-gamer scum

you're to blame for this
I rest my case

Glad I stopped buying new games in this series after the fifth game got its expansions desu.

And it's totally impossible that the pozzed art direction, pozzed tech quotes and the bad game design have anything to do with each other huh?

Wrote it straight off, wouldn't even pleasantly pirate the cocksucking piece of shit. It was an interesting time to see what a bunch of pushover faggots everyone were.

They set those shitbags up for us nicely, call the firing squad or the ballista.

In fact, the more I think about, we've reached a point where one can judge the quality of a game's gameplay purely by its art direction.

least we still have Crusader Kings 2 (the last game before Paradox gets pozzed), Total War and Dominions series.

Crazy part is it isn't original, its seemingly based heavily on the older disney art style from their cartoons. They are so juvenile they can't even get past a fucking children's cartoon.

oh boy

If you want to get into that mud, there's always Viccy. Total War is total goose shit at this point. Dominions is the same run over bullshit it has always been but it's vaguely sexual acceptable because of the dev's situation. Really, bless the fellow for not getting hooked by any particular publisher. If you're going to dig back and put your heels in, at least have some real taste.

Total War is still the whitest strategy game. Dunno why so many contrarians are on its ass.

It's a fat fetishist totally pushing his shit into the game too, you can't deny it

No fucking way. Is that thing on the bottom right supposed to be Nonon? It literally looks nothing like her other than having pink hair.

This makes me fucking angry.

What's the historical basis behind this?

Old Disney never looked that bad.

no.

>Of all the leaders for Poland they picked King (female) Jadwiga linguistically title of queen means "king's wife" and doesn't have any legal power. whose greatest achievement was being married of really fast at 12 (^: so the doesn't fuck up the country

muh vageena moffuga we wuz queefs and shieeet

To be fair, Paradox games are made to be pirated.

I dunno if they notice since they never bother with Denuvo.

I just realized that she could pass off as a he, and not in a trap/reverse trap way. Good lord.

While you are right, the dragon maid anime is still pozzed to hell with their lesbian family model

Is this the beginning of the end for Firaxis? Look at how many people got jew'd by "the spiritual successor to SMAC".

Can't die fast enough.

Too bad Age of Wonders 3 did not catch on.

Those are really good sales

That's because it sucked

Explain how it sucks then?

It's pretty much the classic game but with more options (class that affects race).

yes

What was the last good Civ game?

God above reading those reviews for VI is almost depressing. One guy noted how someone declared war on him out of nowhere, 45 turns later this AI sends a few spearmen and an archer to a guy well within the iron age, and then offers two cities after those units are soundly destroyed. That feeling is probably something similar to having a pro chess player play against a person who has just started learning checkers. He doesn't even have a clue as to what pieces do.

Compared to the fifth game, it really isn't. It's also dead on Twitch. I'd be surprised if it winds up selling half as well as the previous game.

See
It's not entirely off base, the issue is that she looks fat and fairly young, and she didn't actually get fat until she was older.

Kid, you gotta whiten up your eyes if that's your definition of whiteness. Hell, may as well start talking about Battle Brothers. There hasn't been a good Total War game since Rome. I know most casuals talk a big game about Medieval 2 but they're wrong. They just were born wrong.

Numbers don't lie.

Those aren't numbers, that is payola. Imagine the real clean overhead without that.

Has anyone ever actually gotten an answer out of Firaxis about their grossly inaccurate representations of these leaders? I doubt it's just pure incompetence.

JFD made a ton of mods for Civ V and VI, including Hiter/Nazi Germany mods for both.

That's NSDAP Germany, you fucking kike. Watch your goddamn tongue.