RS2 'NAM : SHITPOST UPDATE

Looks like they finally did it, took them long enough, it's almost like the entire game is a shitpost. They added the FAL and Hi-Power, new faction, new maps, new kiwi VA's. bretty good IMO

they added a few new weapons in addition to the two mentioned too

Reported

I dont know if its supposed to be IMMERSION or something but I hate that map

What year is it?

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

Started playing Rising Storm again while it's has flaws it's clunky and shit hit detection I've been somewhat enjoying it. Not really crazy about the Vietnam setting but is it worse than the first? It's still running on UE3 for fucks sake, what were they thinking?

Its pretty alright, i enjoy it

t. 37h played

what map? Forrest?

Is that guy fucking retarded? Even the fucking /r9k/ wizards know that this is not the case at all. Girls nowadays are sluts and they couldn't care less if their favorite video game had half-naked chicks.
I wish he was right and that you could easily make your game roastie-free just by adding a single whore character but that's not how it works.

The Tripjew is fucking retarded and his games are garbage.

At least game is fun so i dont really care

I bet you would buy a Ubisoft game too, faggot.
Their games are absolute trash.

If i can pirate it i wont buy it. Also i dont think i played any ubisoft since like Ass creed 1

Tripwire is a joke. Operation Forrest is a shit map and the new weapons with the exception of the car 15 are all shit. Darkest Hour and Real Panzer did more for Red Orchestra than nu-tripwire could have ever done.

RO1 to RO2/RS2 is the perfect example of a company stripping away what made their game great to begin with to achieve more sales. They turned the series into another generic shooter.

What gets me about the change from RO to RO2 and especially RS2 is the flow changed DRAMATICALLY of how the game feels.

In RO, you're punished for dying with a hefty respawn time and being pushed back to a respawn point, leaving you out of the frontline for up to a minute depending on the map. As such fighting had risk to it, and movement was often times slow with bouts of fast intense combat. Red Orchestra 2 shits all over it with having 10 second respawn points that place you on your SL, meaning you're always at the frontline and dying isn't punished. Battles in RO2 boil down to whoever can throw more bodies at the objective faster, leading to no need for being tactical since running and shooting at the enemy is more effective. I get that Stalingrad was the bloodiest conflict and 10,000 soldiers were dying daily during it, but that shouldn't be an excuse for making the gameplay fucking shit.
Best part is that all my stats are fucked, meaning despite playing for a dozen hours I have no weapon skills or anything to make me competitive with high ranked players. In the two hours I played Rising Storm 2 I was downright angry at the fact that the cosmetics are locked behind a level counter while I only made one level of playing worth jack shit. Every time you would spawn some asshole in the brush would peg you off before you got a chance to move, and it reminded me more of Call of Duty than Red Orchestra. I went and installed Bad Company 2 Vietnam and had more fun with that game.

I would request a refund since I have exactly 119 minutes of playtime, but unfortunately I got some Vietnam War memorabilia this year for Christmas that I'd feel guilty about it.

I like Vietnam games and was going to buy this until I read all of that. Not going to happen.

Not going to support a shit company like that.

The head of TWI wanted the CoD crowd and boasted that Ro2 would beat the aforementioned in sales. Unfortunately it drove the vets of the game away and never attracted the CoD fucks either. The only thing RS2 did that made any fucking sense was going back to RoOst's not having any bonus's to your weapon leveling the playing field.

Which is the only thing that makes any sense of RS2. They made leveling up even HARDER than RO2, and the problem I had with RO2 and RS1 was that I never got XP for playing meaning I never leveled up so it put me at a disadvantage when I did play paradoxically. I wouldn't even have minded the meat grinder as much in RO2 if it felt balanced out. I'm earning XP for RS2, but it's such a pathetically small amount that I'd have to play a year straight to unlock everything.
I'm probably in the wrong genre now, but what made RO was that it was a simcade in a period of arcade shooters, while RS2 feels like an arcade shooter pretending to be a realistic shooter. If you saw me play RO2, RS1 or RS2 you would think I never touched an FPS game in my life with how poorly I end up doing on those titles specifically.

Long Tan

I made 30 levels in an hour.

You still have to be tactical, team coordination is key for victory. If your team just rushes one obj after another they will lose, or at least waste tickets. I agree about spawning, but it's not that big of a deal.

Same
Thank you for helping me dodge a bullet, Holla Forums

I'll buy two copies for you fucking virgins,

Does it still only have like 4 maps?

Git gud
I just got 900 points for one 30m match.
Add double xp weekends and you have lvl 50 in 10 hours

Tripwire, as devs, are fucking Mr. Shitface SJW tier faggots.

However, I do have RS2, which I got cheap as fuck on g2a.
….and it's fun

But yeah, dont support these devs

fucking flag

Except the teams running at each other is literally all that happens it seems. There's no coordination when you can just respawn on the guy next to you.

I know XP boosting is a thing, but Tripwire flipped shit about it lately going YOU'RE RUINING THE EXPERIENCE even with RO2 and RS1 having leveled weapon bullshit.

That leads me to the part where I said "If you saw me play RO2, RS1 or RS2 you'd think I never played an FPS title before" since the points spread is massive. In a game like Arma or Squad I'm often the top of the match in points compared to everyone else, while with the points in RS2 you'd think I took a nap halfway through the match followed by waking up and playing drunk.

I saw Australia a few times, so here it goes.

A clone of a game not drawing away the established playerbase that already has the original? What a fucking surprise.

Looks like a great game

its pretty much the same rules as tripwire interactives EULA. All the more reason to never support them.

the game is bad but the atmosphere around the game is worse

game is ok and the atmosphere depends on the server

are you done shilling yet?

No, why would i be?

I will buy additional copy of RS2 just in spite of you

I have bought THREE right now with five extra copies of Killing Floor 2 tbh

A shill is still a shill even if they do it for free