Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHW BETA: Day 2

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
twitter.com/bk2128/status/940060116602175489
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your other thread isn't even on page 10 yet, fuck off.

There's already a thread at

Lets delete that Soul Calibur thread then since we already have /fgg/ thread up

Mods tend to tell people to stuff it all in one thread at a time it's actually kind of a miracle the other thread went by undeleted, which just goes to show how much they're doing their jobs these days.

Where my hammerbros at?

Yes, we know you posted this thread before even that thread hit page 13, and while the other thread is not even at bump limit, you don't need to remind us.

It does now :)

Anyone else noticing how often monsters stagger and flinch? It's a little bit ridiculous. I was actually looking forward to it and thought people were blowing things out of proportion, but it almost feels like the monster can't even fight back sometimes.

You fags got any criticisms or cool things to discuss about the beta?
I personally fucking hate fighting the Rathalos on a 20 minute timer.

How about we have just one nintendo general then?

Seeing as the mods don't seem to feel like enforcing their own rules, might as well make this the current MonHun thread.

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Also the QR code for Double Cross, since OP (((forgot))) to include that too.

isn't it like 3:00 AM in japan right now?

Nobody gives a shit about double cross anymore.
World is already a better game from what we've seen from the demo.

Generals are the cancer of this board

Is the little trail for retards leading to the monster only for the tutorial?

kek no wonder they told us mhw was designed for the west.

Nope, can't be turned off either from what we've seen

Well shit. Back to P3rd and 4 then.

How are the scoutflies more casual than knowing where the monster is by waving at the balloon man or having the psychic skill?

I trust the devs not to fuck this up. You niggas are acting like this shit is being done by Team Ninja or EA and not the team that delivered the first 4 gens of monster hunter in the first place. I played the fuck out of the demo and had a blast.
The combat still feels like good old Monster Hunter. Every single weapon has been improved, mounting is actually fun to do now and requires thought, the environmental stuff doesn't effect much to the degree people were freaking out about all that much, even with 4 players it takes roughly the entire span of the quest to find and kill the Ajanath. The Great Jagras is the first big monster in the game it was never going to pose a challenge to anyone.
The only thing that deeply concerns me about this game is the framerate. You get two big monsters and screen with 4 people and it tanks to the low 20s. Absolutely unacceptable considering the 3ds and psp games never so much as stuttered.

Also they look obnoxious as fuck and clutter the screen

But you need to build scoutfly skills too user, otherwise it cant guide you to any monster.

Since when they make diablos this big?

>balloon man who briefly shows you a monster's location once during random hunts is the same as persistent fireflies
I can always tell how shit a game is by the amount of shilling is done for it.

You don't always have the scoutfly trail though, they don't start pointing at the monster or it's tracks until you've found enough clues or whatever.

They are fucking obnoxious though, they need to tone the brightness way down.

Remember how we had 4 vga threads up at the same time? Remember how one of them was made and stickied by mark?

Because the monster spawns in the same zone every single time and the monsters in world move around and don't follow a scripted sequence when it's time for it to run. The only time a monster in world will behave predictably is when it's limping and returns to its nest.

So you're basically saying that trimming the fat from the skill trees and turning them into actual gameplay is a bad thing for monster hunter? And if I was a shill would I call you a faggot?

I've been enjoying the demo and aren't ridiculously pessimistic about World, but from what we've seen don't monsters in World spawn in the same place every time as well?
Their running away behavior does seem to have some more variety, though.

there isn't' really any point to that aside from habit in this demo right?

naw it's incredibly scripted there too. The alganoth or whatever it's dumbass name is will always run to the rathian nest so you can see the EPIC TURF WAR if it gets the chance

they are different places when you play online, me and a friend we tried to take the last boss and that one I've seen at 2 different places online and sleeping offline.

I see you're coming straight out of business school. OK, we'll call taking an armor/item specific feature and give it to everyone. Hell, why stop there? Why not trim some more fat? Lets just detach the entire skill system from armor and just let people choose skill load out? Why not rid of that pesky material grind too? Fighting a monster over and over just to get it horn is awfully boring. Instead, just make a system where you get points for killing monsters and you can spend these points on skills and armor. They should get rid of stats from armor all together and just let you get stronger from gaining points. That way you won't have to stop after ever hunt to worry about gear. You can just go from hunt to hunt getting stronger with every hunt and unlocking skills to use for your hunts.

The answer to your question is yes, faggot.

I don't know, I've fought Anjanath quite a few times and have only had that happen twice.

it's a demo, you probably have to material grind and other grinds in the final game.

How the fuck is GPS tracking on a monster comparable to a random event where a balloon appears during a mission that you can use once to reveal the monster's location on the map temporarily? And stop confusing Ninja Theory with Team Ninja, one of them knows how to make games.

I had anja fight with rathalos and great jagra on two different fights or no other monsters at all so it can't be too scripted

Yeah, its just tradition user.

>The alganoth or whatever it's dumbass name is will always run to the rathian nest
No it wont. I fought the anjanath recently and it never ran to there. The anjanath can also do this during a fight which I looked down under instead of up there when it happened to me.

Isnt the paintball apparently a GPS too mechanically?

MHW looks so fucking good, now I want switch. How qt can you make your qt? or just the same options as all the other games?

demo only gives you preset faces but they seem alright, I hope they bring the pompadour back

So how often do those grapel hook points come up if ever?

Anybody else hardly able to read shit? It's so tiny I can't tell what I'm fucking looking at.

I meant GPS in the sense that it tells you what path to take to reach the monster, my bad for not being specific.

So how is the gameplay?
Is it as sloppy as God Eater or plain old Monhun?

Paintballs tell you where a monster you already found is, it doesn't lead you to it

Dude MHW ain't coming on the Switch it's coming to the ps4 and xbawx one 26 of January and an unknown date on the PC

Man this really is the Darksouls of monster games. It's like I'm really playing Darksouls 2.

I have fought the Ajanath at least 6 times and I have only seen him fight Rathalos twice. He usually goes to his nest where the springy vine canopy is. Which like I said happens regularly. And the Rathalos nest is at the very top of the map near the water fall.

I have never seen him do that. That looks cool.

The problem in world is that in this case the maps arent simple and flat like in the previous games. When I was hunting down the rathalos in the ancient forest I got lost because that place is damn near mazelike both vertically and horizontally when you are new to the place. The map was almost useless in that case, I then found out how to set the scoutflies to track the monster.The scoutflies actually helped me take down the Rathalos in that case, but the map is still kinda screwy because it dosent show the area that is Rathalos's nest.

Monhun but a lot faster, no loading screen and a bunch of unnecessary but useful shit added in. So its still pretty fun as long as you can accept the changes. I had an absolute blast with the demo.

Ouchie ouch! If you stand to close behind its leg when it hipchecks, even if the anjanath is facing the opposite direction you are, it can hit you like that too.

Yea dude. Definitely. Let's take a skill no one ever used and then turn it into functional gameplay where you have to track the monster using clues instead of nothing at all. Lets take out all of the refinements the series has gotten while we're at it and attack using the right stick.

So far I'm enjoying the game.
things I liked:
the added verticality makes things a bit interesting and also really weird though.
The only thing about this I don't like is that I wont be able to solo multiplayer versions of monsters for the challenge. Also if the time limit is 20min for gathering quests I will be pissed.
>cool new weapons new for me I haven't played since tri

Things I hate:

i hope the 20minute timer is for the demo only because in full game that would be really annoying especially since i mostly solo

Worse than any of the other casualizations is the rate that monsters flinch and stagger now. It's just plain ridiculous and makes any hunt a cakewalk if you use sns, bowgun, or dual blades

I am digging the environmental stuff so far. The monsters can also use the poison and flash bombs and shock frog things to stun you as well. The only environment thing specifically designed to hurt just the monsters is the vines from trees and you still have to properly bar the monster using cooldowns.

We can't know if there will be negative skills but the UI tells me no.

The FPS dips into the low teens.

According to interviews there will he a time limit to hunt the target, and once the target is dealt with you will have all of the time you need to play around and since all of the gathering and fishing quests are now side quests you can use that time to finish those. Egg quests are still timed I believe.

The timer in the actual game is always about 50 minutes, but I think with certain elder dragons it becomes 30 minutes.

Really? Got any sauce on that?

It has never done that once. Low teens is literally unplayable, you chucklehead. The game has frame rate issues for sure, but stop lying

But I'm not. The demo is barely playable at times, it's not very frequen it but happens. I never fucking said it was consistent but it does have low dips.

Didn't know that. I suppose that makes it more balanced then.

I noticed that too but it looked like it was tied to their stamina or health. It seemed to get stunned more when I got it limping granted I was double teaming it with another monster during that.

I also forgot to mention but anyone have connection issues because I had to play everything solo since I kept getting kicked out of sessions or not connecting at all. At least they switch to single player mode if you're kicked in game though.

No sauce. Just stuff I experienced while playing the demo. The Jagras ran back to his nest and swiped at one of the flash bugs there and it stunnedthereThe Ajanath did the same thing to the poison pods in the first area and broke it too. The Rathalos also managed to break the dammed up waterfall at the top of the map with his fire and knocked me off.

Is that a picture of the actual list of quests in the game??
Theres not that many

Show us proof then faggot.

The demo is proof enough faggot.

It was the press demo from game shows.

If this game had anything other than the Monster Hunter name to it, would you consider it a good game by itself?

I have been playing the demo since it came out and nothing else. The frame rates never get below the low twenties and that is with max happening tier shit like two large monsters and all of the particle effects going off at once. Teens tier FPS is literally PS3 Dragon's Dogma Archwizard spells spazzing at full tilt unplayable. The demo performed much better than that in normal conditions. You're simply lying m8.

And you're just fucking blind.

Yes. It's like Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma put into one game.

Just a question since you seem to be having the problem too, are you on ps4 or ps4pro?

It shouldn't matter which PS4 I'm on. I have a slim.

I'm on a regular ps4 and haven't had any fps problems, maybe slight drops when anja and great jaggy are slapping dicks but nothing that really impaired me.

Except it already was, you shit eater.

You mean the monster info, design, cinematics, and area design weren't enough?

The skill that "nobody used" wasn't just a skill. There are items tied to this as well. The psychoserum, paintballs, balloon man, and the skill are there to aid you when you aren't very familiar with monster habitats and behaviors. The more familar you are with them and the landscape, the less you need these crutchs. That's why "nobody used" them. After a while, they stopped needing them. You'd know that if you actually played the game.

ps4pro is a scam, and has nearly no hardware difference with the ps4, but is horribly unoptimized and single digit frame drops on the ps4 become drops into the low teens on ps4pro

that's gay

Capcom can't make a good demo to save their lives

Nobody used them because the monsters always spawn in the same fucking zone. But let's pretend they weren't there to begin with, sure. Until the game is in the wild and we have a better understanding of the new systems let's just act like a pessimistic shit eater instead if actually discussing the new game mechanics.

Boy, it's almost as if you didn't read my post.

Not as bad as I thought it'd be.

I did read your post. Did you even read the original one you replied to? Do you have any reading comprehension at all? They took stuff no one bothered with and turned it into gameplay. That counts as a plus in the game's favor in my opinion.

The real problem with the scoutflies is that the same mechanic could've been done absurdly better than with a fucking glowing stream of bugs.
Something like you find the clues, and they show you the direction of the monster clue and so on until you find the monster, it's the same fucking steps, but with less handholding and less graphical noise on the screen.
Scoutflies is a fucking lazy cop-out that just signals the devs being lazy idiots.

Having to find the monster added nothing to the game, just a couple minutes of walking until you memorize the spawn locations, and from what the demo has shown, those are randomized to an extent. I can understand being worried by the deliberate casualization of healing, weak damage vfx (why is everything dust), tech problems, etc, but this is unreasonable. It’s a chore, and I’m honestly surprised to see people defending it like any quality of life change or streamlining is “handholding”. It’s a cancer akin to RNG items, unmarked key quests, and everything else worthlessly padded.

Or how about not having something shitting up the middle of my screen and make it a minimap marker or something. It worked perfectly well in Mad Max where the minimap had green GPS highlights showing you the path to your objective.

Obviously, you don't. You keep claiming nobody used these features, but they did. You claim they "turned into gameplay" even though those it already was. People new to the games and are, otherwise, unfamiliar with certain monsters used them to find and track monsters. When monsters spawn, they roam between zones. People who are unfamiliar with the land used the armor or items to find the monsters. They also used paintballs to track monsters when they weren't familiar with the monster's behavior. The reason these items/skills aren't given to you permenantly is because it would reduce player agency. You'd have less reason to learn about the monsters you are fighting and thus, would be less immersed in the hunter experience. The monster important part of being a hunter is knowing how to find your prey.

You can fuck right off, faggot. You started this by making a shit comparison that you couldn't even defend, you fucking rat. You only rejoined when someone else already defended and all you did was regurgitate the same shit, because that's all your arguments amount to: regurgitated shit.

That's "wait a minute, that card" tier hand holding.

It's not random

A streamer looking to speedrun anjanaf reset over and over between runs because they were looking for optimal spawning. It has to be.

This. What is the point of even playing this game if you can't even properly hunt the fucking things. I've seen plenty of lowbies using the armor skill and paintbombs. It was clear it's because they didn't know what the hell they were doing. No one used it when they got to a higher level because they already knew the monsters behavior from killing it hundreds of times.

speedrunners deserve rope. It was already bad enough when I played with autists that would refuse to start a hunt if you weren't using the most optimal gear so they can jerk off to their new clear time record.

that's shit but at least most of the people I played with on Holla Forums were great and didn't care if you were fashion hunter as long as you had at least 1 or 2 useful skills

I don't know exacly where Anja spawns but he always passes close to camp 8 after about a minute, every time I fought him he would show up there.
I know for a fact that Rathalos Diablos and G.Jagra always spawn in the same place.

Spawns around the north I believe.

I agree that speedrunning with retarded timing rules is abhorrent, especially when monster movement can be either really random. Just used it for example.

well color me dumb

Monster spawn at ga eneral area, but not at a specific spot. Not sure if its dependent on the in-game time because theres a day/night cycle and monsters doing something at any given time, like sometime you can spot G.Jagras hunting other animal but sometimes you dont and have have to find him in the forest.. Even Rathalos sometimes isn't on its. nest and you have to wait until it came back

God I hate our administration so much.

The problem is that that's not gameplay, that's just needless bloat of touching a few points on the map before fighting the monster that doesn't add anything to the game.

Not all changes are automatically good and honestly, I'd rather go back to four page item boxes and stick attacking than deal with the bullshit of World

Source please

And now they're dragging it out further by making you waste a few minutes walking to the "clue" locations until your magic glowing thing tells you exactly what route to take to get to the actual game.

Damn, user. I know MonHun fags have shit taste in controls because of years and years of having shit controls, but you take the cake.

No its not, the difference is player participation. In that bioshock puzzle, they literally pop the clue right in your face, in MHW, it doesn't work unless you find the clue yourself up until a certain point until you dont need to find clues anymore when you maxed out your scoutflies level

You're missing the point of that statement then. I despise the stick to attack controls, but for the quality of the game it's something I'm willing to put up with, as opposed to World which looks to be just… nothing.

Everything I have played and seen so far points to this being a vastly improved sequel to literally all of the handheld bullshit we had to endure for ages. Some same faggots that whinge about scoutflies being handholding bullshit will in the same breath ask for XX a fucking easymode spin off with a bunch more hand holdy bullshit like styles and hunter arts that make the game piss easy. They will in the same breath bash monster hunter world for tutorialising the playear while in the same breath defend mh4 for doing the exact same thing with the village quests, even going so far as to ping the location of herbs mushrooms and honey for first time players. These same people will then breathlessly call low rank quests in a fucking demo too easy.

What I meant is that it, at best, tries to make you feel involved while not actually being involved. Having an arrow pointing to clues removes the entire point of having clues similarly to how having a solution pop up in your face removes the point to even having a puzzle to begin with. The only purpose either serves to give an illusion of agency and it feels like you're playing Dora the Explorer or Blue's Clues assuming you're smart enough to recognize when you are being patronized.

Literally nobody does this. I've never seen so many Monster Hunter complaints until XX and most of them were about hunter styles and how they were casual bullshit. You are making your agenda more and more obvious with each post.

Monsters can't actively use it against the players but the effect work both way. If you try to stun barroth by hitting the shock frog with your hammer, you gonna get stun too.

My only agenda was to come in this thread and talk about the beta. Autistic fucks like you make that nearly impossible.

With every post, schlomo.

Eh, some things are good and some things are bad, its a mixed bag for me but still a good game, much better than that half assed piece of shit called gen/x/xx.

The things that bother me are
Trust me, I stood right in the way of the anjanath choke slamming the G.Jagras down and nothing happened to me.

But you are involved, it doesn't give you the clues on a silver platter, you need to find it, the scoutfly only highlight the footprint when you are in the vicinity.

Now, i want you to stop your shitposting and go back the thread and find to me where anyone said anything about arrows pointing anywhere.
Are you retarded? Did your dropped you when you were a baby or something?

Other way around there though - other people are discussing the demo just fine, it's (((people))) like you who make it impossible because you keep trying to drown out the discussion with vague platitudes and insistences that it's "just like Monster Hunter but faster/better"

He was talking about the glowy bugs

You should also go and read the reply line too, cause he is talking about my idea of changing the scoutflies to the camera panning in the direction the monster was going and to the next clue.
I'm starting to think you people are pretending to be retarded just to shitpost.

Monster infighting can damage you too though if you're too close, and they can retaliate if you accidentally it

Ah, read it as him replying to the other poster. My bad, carry on.

Did I offend you? You're right, but already corrected me so your post is just redundant shit posting.
I misread the post. Kill me faggot, because I'm not going to stop shitposting because of it.

I'm having fun, I lament the loss of a lot of the usual mechanics but I think that I can slam a lot of hours into the game. Any word on pc release date?

Nope nothing. Nioh took about 6-7 months to be released for pc if thats any consolation. Also remember that were dealing with modern capcom too, and they are no doubt retarded when it comes to videogames.

To be fair, even if it were a competent company and not Capcom, releasing things on the PC isn't really that big outside of the doujin and Western scenes.

I don't know if that is a fair comparison. Nioh wasn't originally announced for the PC, so I imagine the decision wasn't made until much later

With Monster Hunter World it was announced for PC alongside PS4 so here's hoping it doesn't take 6 months

The lack of negative skills in unfortunate. Not even going to justify that bullshit. There were decorations and mixed sets and it's the one thing mechanically that bugs the fuck out of me. Some negative skills were super useful, like taunt. Hopefully and I do mean a slim hope is that the sets we have seen so far are just beginner friendly stuff. If you paid attention you could see that all of the armor pieces have 16 defense. This to me says that it is just Capcom making another shitty uninformative monhun demo that reflects almost nothing about the legitimate experience. This also might be the same case with negative skills. I hope.

I can deal with the skill changes as they currently exist. Each armor piece giving you a level in the skill and then each additional skill adding to a cumulative total instead of a 10 point threshold could lead to some interesting combinations if they handle it intelligently add in negative skills and you have a whole bunch of potential mixed sets you can try without shoveling all of your points into one or two overpowered skills you can run with a high number of relatively weak skills or specialize into the ones you really want. It ultimately comes down to how difficult the actual game ends up being. The developers have said in interviews that this is a main series game, and it's not an "easy" monster hunter for westerners. If that is true I believe the defense numbers on the armor in the demo is evidence that the dAndy's difficulty is not a reflection if the full game, and is certainly the one beacon we have that the entire game won't be casualized shit.

I like the demo, I like a lot of the changes, but also take note that Capcom has never released a demo for monster hunter that felt anything like the final release. The only thing we can realistically do is wait for reviews and gameplay footage of the actual game.

I haven't played MonHun since the first one was released on PS2, but I'm looking forward to get MH:W just because it's not handheld. The thing is though, I don't own a console and I'm starting to question if PC version will ever actually be released. There's no word on a beta or release date for PC at all. Should I bite the bullet and get a console, or hold out hope for a port?

The fact that there was no Minus Skill for Attack makes it seem very likely there aren't any at all, but we'll have to wait and see.

They've also said that it's being built from the ground up for Westerners who refused to play Monster Hunter because it required you to commit to actions and think about when it's safe to attack or use an item.

PPSSPP can run the PSP MonHuns just fine, so go ahead and download 2G and play that instead.

I noticed that and I believe that is negative skills are in the game they will behave just like the normal skills in that it's a skill simply on the armor like attack boost. There would be an attack decrease skill that also has seven levels. For example. That is my hope.

Is there an active netplay community for that? I never thought about emulating PSP monhun

That'd be the only way for it to happen, but considering the design philosophy guiding World I sincerely doubt that will be a thing.

N E W M O N S T E R S

E

W

M

O

N

S

T

E

R

S

Is this from the most recent Famitsu? I'd love to read the full interview

Better than XX? Sure. Better than any mainline game? Not even close.

You're a faggot

What would be the point of negative skills in this new design? The whole point of skills in MHW is that they stack in neat steps instead of thresholds, but in smaller increments. In the end, it'll probably work out exactly the same: the same level of gear that would've had enough skill points to give you Attack Up Large in the old system will more than likely do the same in this game.

Plus, in the old system, having less than -10 in something had zero effect. In the new system, having even a single negative point would immediately be a loss. But the game doesn't seem like it'll have them.

To balance out Armors that give too many other Skills, same as in Monster Hunter games?

Considering that point for point Attack Up in World seems to be three times as effective as in Monster Hunter, I somehow doubt that.

Even with all of the environmental traps and the Rathalos getting in a fight and doing over 1000 damage to the Ajanath by throwing it off of a cliff it still took me around 18 minutes to kill solo on my first try. It might get one or two environmental things to happen to the monster, and even still I was actively trying to goad the monster into these things to see their effect on the fight. In the end it doesn't make up for the lost time you would have saved just beating the monster to death without them. The monsters don't just trip all over this shit, you still have to bait them into it. It's extra flavor if anything.

I never actually tried to see the effect on the actual attack rating of the hunter's stats the skill points had, but I managed to get +4 attack skill using a mixed set and the attack talisman. I wonder how it differs from the classic games, like how does +7 attack up stay up to an attack XL in say mh4u

So is there a verdict yet? How casualized is it exactly?

Because in the demo you have mediocre weapons and a smaller timeframe. 18 minutes to do it even in low rank in the main game is quick. And that's not even mentioning that though it might take 18 minutes, it's not a difficult 18 minutes.

Very. It's decent fun, and going to be better than XX, but worse than any of the prior main titles.

Attack Up in the previous games always gave 1 point of true raw for every point the skill had, so Attack Up S was +10 true raw. World's version of Attack Up gives +3 true raw for every point, so at 7 points it's a +21 to true raw, plus a critical bonus.

Not 100% since it's "just a demo" but all indications are that it's very dumbed down and at best enjoyable as a more generic action game, but nothing like Monster Hunter.

where should one start in the series if they were limited to emulators?

Emulating the PS2 ones so you can see where we started from, then moving on to Portable 2nd G and Portable 3rd on the PSP.

Portable 3rd tbh. It's shorter than the other titles because there's no G-rank, but for a first title, that's not the worst.

We will have to see how the final game handles numbers differently from the demo to be absolutely sure. We know that they deliberately gave each demo armor set the same defense values. We'll see how skills end up working out.

See above. We simply do not know what the final values on these armor sets will be in the final release. Maybe the equips in the demo were bloated to give new player a chance to finish the combat, maybe the monsters were overall weaker. Maybe the game is casual trash.

I still had fun

alright. is there a general good beginner weapon? i was thinking greatsword

True, but given that streamers were bitching and moaning about how hard the game was, even with it being easier than most previous installments by several orders of magnitude, I can't imagine them making it any more difficult in the final release.
This IS Capcom after all, people seem to have forgotten what they do ever since they announced the new MegaMan.

I strongly recommend experimenting with each weapon to get a feel for them, since they each play very differently, and different players take to different ones. If you like being big heavy and hitting hard but being slow to make up for it and thus having to plan and time your attacks accordingly, the Greatsword is great, and it's good to get used to that pacing. That said, keep in mind that in early quests you'll generally be going up against smaller, faster monsters early on, and thus you might have a harder time with slower weapons like the Greatsword or Lance.

While not surprising, it's inexorably frustrating to hear, because that is the exact audience they're aiming for, and so they're definitely going to cater to them.

This has been my point all along. People kept saying pandering to the West might not be so bad, but they forgot who represents the West to these people. Streamers and lets-players - And they are the worst gamers there fucking are (bar a few exceptions)

You were preaching to the choir, really. The only (((people))) who would defend pandering to the West are not from around here.

twitter.com/bk2128/status/940060116602175489

Cool

Well that's a disappointment

i think they did well with pandering to the west. mudslimes burning everything down cant come soon enough

aside from blurry as fuck visuals in the demo, game seems to be good old monster hunter, minus the retarded styles shit gen brought. the environmental shit was way less of an affect than i expected from the prior footage too.
stay mad tho that the game isn't a carbon copy of 4u but on the big screen

Aside from stupid shit like healing while running, game is fun enough to me, especially with monsters gradually getting patched in.

If you notice their posting times, nearly all of them are during American business hours

Honestly, I've been a huge fan of the sword and shield. Not every game is balanced the same way, but it was a little beast in both 4U and Generations, and it looks like it'll still be a solid choice in World.

We don't know how easy the game will be because the only quests the demo offered were low rank. If anyone here had trouble with low rank quests before they would still have problems here. Shitters were fainting left and right in my lobbies.

Sword and Shield is a really good beginner weapon and just good in general

can you run while healing? I can walk extremely slowly and dodge out of it but it cancels the heal.

keep spouting that meme word without understanding that the game can be just as challenging and interesting as a mainline game despite having some changes. most of them have little to no impact on you playing the game but it's trendy to hate literally every new thing here
the only change that actually makes a difference is the op rocksteady mantle. the environmental traps aren't reliable enough to bother with and the little scout fuckers don't get you to the monster any faster than just running to where it spawns, like any other title.

what actually is cancer are the styles from cross/generations that made that game even easier than 4u, which wasn't particularly hard to begin with.

Oh no they made whetstones you almost always had max of an infinite use item, made gathering honey less of a chore, and made the environment a part of the hunts. Monster Hunter is assuredly dead guys.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Whoops.

Like pottery

people aren't really complaining about honey are they? you never had to gather that manually at all in the previous games. you just farmed it

You can sprint while healing too but it is basically as fast as normal walking. Considering how aggro the Rathalos in the demo was you'd have a hard time with the old way of doing things. He is fucking aggressive as fuck in this game. One time I aggroed him while fighting the Ajanath and he basically chased me all over the map when I thought I lost him he would keep popping up and cutting me off. It left me with no time to kill Anja because the scoutflies fuck off while in combat and no matter how far I ran he kept popping back up.

Yes

Personally I take bigger issue with the fact that Armor Skills all activate with even a single point, there are no more Minus Skills, that you can easily teleport freely and infinitely to multiple base camps for full healing and a restock on all items as well as being able to swap out gear, all in the context of making a game that is specifically designed to target people who never liked Monster Hunter in the first place.

They aren't, it's their attempt to "white hair"

I like new great sword, the tackle is noice and charge slide is too good

First, none of what you said is true. Monsters don't chase that way and the Rath AI is just as docile as ever. But second, you sound really fucking shit dude if you seriously ran out of time

I have video, fam. He relentlessly hounded me for at least 5 minutes. He wasn't doing much damage because I kept running away but monsters definitely take umbrage with you and will chase you over multiple zones.

post it then

I will pull it off of my ps4 tomorrow and turn it into a .webm so you can see for yourself. I am in bed right now. Be patient.

and like that, your credibility is gone.

Sure thing lad

Implying anyone here has credibility. Do you expect upvotes?

I expect people to stop speaking ebonics and polluting my eyes

test

I don't mind the armor skill changes because nobody ever actually came up with mixed sets on their own, they either copied a popular set or used athenas to come up with the combination they needed for whatever skills they wanted. as for the lack of minus armor skills, that's interesting and i'd agree it's a negative to lose them but we've only seen a limited number of armor sets so far so i've still got a little hope.

my biggest gripe with the game is how ridiculously blurry the game gets in fights and fps seems to chug on my original ps4.

Part of the idea of being Anonymous is that everyone has credibility until you lose it by sticking your foot in your mouth.

I've done just that multiple times in the games though, it's a lot of fun, and World is completely trashing it.

Oh fuck right off you faggot

They changed the skill system but it's hard to say if it's a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand the game director said it's still monster hunter and will still be hard, and on the other hand he mentions "getting the western audience which is industry speak for dumping everything the fuck down then he goes on to say it's a main series game, and not the "western" monster hunter but the real deal again. I don't know. I had fun with the demo.

sorry, taking a template set and changing one or two pieces doesn't count.

My expectation is this is just Capcom demo shittery and the negative skills will be like normal skill but they give debuffs, or cancel out positive skills. Like +4 attack boost skills can be canceled out by +4 attack nerf or whatever they want to call it.

Nah fuck off, your opinions are full of shit

it's amazing. it's only casualized if you think having a 5 seconds long animation for picking anything off the ground is HARDCORE. It's monster hunter, but you get to the fighting faster and have less tedious shit to do.

I loved making mixed sets. That is half the fucking game, and so.e negative skills were actually really useful like having taunt and being a guard lancer which was fun as fuck. I hope they keep negative skills in the game.

See? Full white hair

you can still make your mixed sets, it's just easier now

Wtf is white hair, that is not an idiom in English.

I take umbrage with removing negative skill. It made each set have a unique drawback even if the negative skill was something extremely stupid like -whim it still made mixing sets more interesting. The only thing I can see as a net gain from the new system is the autistic min maxing that will go on for speed running g rank hunts.

There better fucking be negative skill in this game. At the very least some detrimental skills on each armor piece.

I suppose another net gain will be fashion sets will become more viable too.

I can't remember negative skills even activating on the sets i had, or if they did, it was inconsequential.

That's just it, there's no satisfaction in it anymore, since any combination will have functioning Armor Skills. There's a special kind of satisfaction in poring over the points and slots of each piece of Armor you could craft, scribbling out the results of different combinations until you find one that does just what you want. World's shallowness denies that.

New here, huh?

When Capcom killed Devil May Cry by handing it off to some Western studio a few years back, the fans pointed out again and again all the flaws and problems with the reboot, both before and after release. In response, the journos and shills went above and beyond trying to portray all the criticism as "just a few loud nerds getting mad that Dante doesn't have white hair anymore" and claim that it was still Devil May Cry, in much the same way they're attempting to trivialize the fanbase's criticism of World as "just a few loud nerds getting mad that you gather items faster" and claim it's still Monster Hunter.

I didn't think people actually did that, and instead resorted to athenas for any serious mixed set crafting.

They didn't hand World off to Ninja Theory though. The same people that made every great Monster Hunter is involved in this one. I played the demo and had a lot of fun with it. Maybe they were just tired of making the exact same game for 13 years and wanted to try something different and new and play with new hardware and ideas. You call people who say faster gathering is good shills, but maybe you have not considered that faster gathering, an open and more interactive world are in fact not the end of the world? If the game comes out, and it sucks that's fine. If it comes out and it sucks, but ends up selling a bejillion copies then I would start to worry.

These people made a series that sold 40 million games in literally one country. Give them the benefit of the doubt, user.

I have literally never seen anything like this with World so far.
The thing with DMC was that it was a reboot that scrapped literally everything from previous games and only kept names, and had a "Shakespearean" script that was awful to everyone except journalists who are still trying to defend that travesty to this day. It was an absolute disaster for one of their best selling franchises because they got rid of everything that made it a top seller in the first place, and the outcry was on a global scale.

I've seen no outcry against World except on Holla Forums, and I've seen no articles bashing the "old fanbase" for hating the new changes and if there are, nobody is posting them. Everything I've seen outside of Holla Forums has been positives and sceptics turning positive when they've got their hands on the game, which has been in effect here for the majority of people who have actually played the beta. What's been changed is nothing even close to what happened with DMC, and I'm insulted that you'd try to compare the two.

I've seen it constantly what are you talking about.
First it was "ALL HATERS ARE JUST MAD IT'S NOT NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE"
Then it was "LOL THEY JUST HATE CHANGE"

I don't think there were articles on that, those are just idiots from all over the internet.
Right now, at this very moment however, is where what I'm saying rings true. Everyone is past that shit now because everyone, including monhun fans with access to the game, think it's looks great at the moment.
That's not meant to be an endorsement of the game, I'm just trying to make a point.

What are you talking about, tons of people already are pointing out how bad world is.

This is a shill post. Take note of how it is laid out.

Jesus fucking Christ. Why would Capcom pay people to shill on a slow as fuck image board that you can't even find with google? There are like 4 people actively posting in this thread. If I was an actual shill you think I'd be here at 4am shitposting or on a vastly faster community like Reddit? Or hell even Youtube comments would be fertile ground. I just want to talk about the fucking demo.

spot the nintendo baby

This is where he denies the very existence of shills, something which has already been confirmed before.

That's retarded kikes for you.

I want both.

Yup user-kun. Capcom pays to maximum shekels just to shill exclusively for you and 3 other people, you definitely caught me. The jig is up. My entire job is riding on the line here. If I don't convince exactly 3 people on here to buy world Ono said he would repossess my house.

Keep diggin that hole deeper schlomo

lmao

"LOL THEY JUST HATE CHANGE" is an apt description of most of the complaints

This guy honestly believes the team that created monster hunter, the team that created a game series so culturally ubiquitous in its home country that it has its own fucking theme park would purposefully fuck up the latest entry in the series for the shot at least a couple million sales in the west?

If this reasoning in any way sounds flawed to you it's because you're autistic.

Yeah capcom has never destroyed a super iconic series befo…. oh wait that's exactly what they've done to every franchise they have

And they did fuck up X/XX. They just called them spinoffs.
And then they decided to use the same justification that they've used to fuck up Megaman, DMC and Dead Rising, to justify the changes in World. Dead Rising is my favorite game of all time, and Dead Rising 4 was supposed to "bring back what Western fans love!". Only it didn't. It never does.
Suck my ass shill

faggot

Not at all - I'm saying that the people who try to characterize all criticism of World as if it were something that basic and inconsequential are very clearly shills.

Read the thread you're posting in, user: >>13962753 and are some good examples.

I've heard tons of people pointing out that the demo is godawful, and I've yet to hear from any IRL MonHun fans who had anything positive to say about it.

And yet here they are.

If you're talking about the Universal Studios Japan promotions, those are just crossover promotions - there are limited time attractions at the park themed around Monster Hunter, but they're not permanent, and hardly the entire park.

unless you're soloing/duoing online quests, there is no risk/reward. 3+ competent players steamrolls nearly everything, even in the good mainline titles. you can probably still get taunt, though part of me feels like they put it on the challenger mantle and called it a day. i also never said I didn't want negative skills. at least read first before you reply

Why would you ever be doing multiplayer at all?

SFV and MVCI

I never used any tools for armor building. I always do it by manually searching every armor page to find the best pieces for what I needed, and writing out the armor/charms/decorations to keep track of points/slots. This is a very time consuming process, but I enjoy it.

I am pretty sure they made more than enough Shekels on SFV considering they are still dropping DLC characters for it two years later and people are still buying them. If they weren't they would have moved on to something else by now. In my opinion the track they set, making new characters each year the game is out, and allowing the fans to purchase only the characters they are interested in playing was on paper a decent idea, but they fucked up opening up with a season pass when the game was incomplete as fuck. They didn't even launch with an arcade mode. When I heard they were doing this I liked the idea a lot because jet meant we wouldn't have to deal with super turbo champion the new warriors V Turbo HD REMIX. But they went ahead and did it anyway.

You're never getting XX

No they didn't actually, the DLC is a desperate attempt to make their money back after a disastrous launch, adding in a rootkit to your system in the PC version, losing money trying to fund tournaments and players to "hype" up the game

I'm not saying what you're doing with armor is wrong or you should stop, but you have to be aware that you have autism and other people do not do this when Athena's ASS is literally the same process but better in every way, shape, and form.

what are friends

a single point doesn't give you what +10 of a skill in previous games would, it's more incremental. or i'm assuming so, otherwise it'd be retarded for low rank armor in the demo to give you atk up L the only think you're missing out on is the requirement to reach certain tiers to activate.
don't even meme about risk vs reward in armor sets. the only risk was taking a set with negative elemental resist into a fight with a monster that did a lot of said element, but was still not really an issue.

I understand the kneejerk reaction to hating the scout bugs, but they're not any faster than running to where the monster typically spawns. you're bad if you consider the "limited" paintball duration an issue since they died faster than that half the time, and the other half you just toss another. what else did we have to track the monsters before? at least we get some form of tracks for those who haven't memorized the spawn locations yet.

Not the point of Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter is and always has been a singleplayer game where you OCCASIONALLY dick around with friends and faceroll for kicks. Playing with multiple people 100% of the time is wrong.

No, you don't understand it. You called it "kneejerk" which means you don't understand shit, you just want more legitimacy to dismiss it with

What are you talking about? It's been out for almost 9 months now, and anyone who wants it has long since grabbed it off the FreeShop.

So what?

Things that have nothing to do with video games.

Sales flat lined despite all the money they sunk into shilling with esports, and the DLC wasn't enough to keep the game afloat. That's why they rushed MvCI out so quickly, capcom was losing presence in the scene and need something to light the fire again. MvCI bombed hard and now they're stuck putting all their eggs back into SFV's hole filled basket with AE.

Is that a physical rerelease with extra content? The thing they swore in that one investor conference call they weren't going to do with SF5? The same conference call where they said the same thing about MHX?

The scout flies are not as hand holding as I imagined they would be. I imagined a literal glowing trail to the foot prints and shit but you still have to actually find them.

I am pretty sure I 100% play Monster Hunter with my room mate with randoms online who the fuck are you to say that I can't?

I have autism for spending hours autistically flipping through menus and calculating the most efficient armor point distribution and slots amount while also taking the appearance of the armor into consideration to create something that is both very functional and visually appealing? No fucking way.

when there's nothing to devalue by the addition of the new system, yes it's quite literally a kneejerk i-hate-it-because-it's-new situation. it changes nearly nothing about how you would previously play.

AE is SFV just bundled with S1 and S2 characters. It's their last ditch effort to win back casuals and people that dropped the game during the beta.
They didn't technically lie when they said you'd only need the base SFV copy since everyone gets the AE update free, you just don't get the DLC characters like the physical release does.

Except for the part where it changes how the maps are designed in tandem you dense faggot. You're doing the same shit apologists of waypoints in open-world RPGs do.

Fair enough, still hilarious though.

No, user. If you play a game with multiplayer capabilities with scaling that accommodates multiple players you're literally doing to wrong, our super social thread austist has decreed that only OCCASIONALLY should you play the game with your friends.

Only World scales, actual MonHun games just have Gathering Hall quests set to full stats regardless of if you're solo or multi.

That would explain why you're utterly incapable of understanding the problems with World, actually, since it's basically built entirely for people like you at the cost of people who liked soloing MonHun.

I guess I'm now considered "nobody" since I made my own fucking sets in every MH game I played, some people are capable of looking at numbers across several armor pieces and doing simple math.

I don't whether it's worse to think that this is actually what nu-8/v/ has become or that shills are seriously this desperate to push their dialogue into every nook and cranny of the web. Either way I look forward to next exodus into whatever other shithole is too obscure for these kinds of people to bother with.

they fuck off when in combat

what part of the new map design do you think is because of the scout flies? open world quest markers are a totally different situation. in those games, you had quest text and other stuff to point you where you need to go, but monster hunter had basically nothing, and now we have something.

you mustve linked the wrong image because that looks awfully like a full set to me. you merely gemmed in sharpness +1/razor sharp and got mushromancer with the help of a talisman

cry more, neganigger

Yes and those gathering hall quests are designed and scaled for multiple players. The same hunts solo are much easier in village because you can only fight them by yourself. I understand that, but that does not mean they aren't scaled designed and balanced for more than one player. I play gathering hall high rank solo as well, user. I actually didn't know World had actual diablo-essque scaling that added more toughness the more people you had in game. I feel confident there will be a way to adjust the difficulty of hunts without the need for additional players if we make a lot of noise about it.

Listen here, fag. I'll play the game the way I want.

A lot of it, the map itself is fucking awful and does a horrible job of expressing verticality so the first few times through a map you're gonna have to rely on the scoutflies to tell you "oh yeah there's like 4 layers to this fucking one arena, don't worry, I'm gonna lock onto useless shit instead of the monster

Yup talking about the new monster hunter is harm, but let's not bother with the fucking phone game general on page 1.

that's more an issue with the map than the area design then eh? I agree it's confusing though.

no it wouldn't be an issue if the area design wasn't bad as well. There's a lot of looping around you have to do to get to higher/lower areas

Good job putting words in my mouth, I never said I was super skilled at this shit, but at least I had the decency to work around with my own sets, like the handicraft sets I made for low rank.

Yeah that was the only picture I had on hand since that's the set I made for end game by grinding Savage Jho in the Everwoods before his quest released to complement the handicraft talisman I had.

If the people that frequent this site are so different to your social interests, where having a large group of friends is of the utmost importance, why don't you use a place like facebook? It's specifically designed for social interaction on a identity-based group coherence level instead of anonymous discussion. You might as well go to a hardware store and complain that they don't sell ice-cream.
Maybe you're just doing it for fun though, MH threads are easy to extract salt for sure.

Mis-direction implies the latter, sorry for bothering your salt mine you IRC chucklefucks, have fun.

Pontlessly large maps, huge verticality and lack of distinctive landmarks.
Look at the transition from Morrowind to Oblivion.
Monster hunter NEEDED nothing, now it needs handholding.

If that is actually the case, it's pretty pathetic considering multiplayer trivializes them entirely and removes any fun from the game.

Wait, is someone else posting on your LAN or something? Because you have the same ID as this guy:

Can they even make any more adjustments at this point? It's going to be shipping to retailers in a little over a month most likely.

I'm not saying you can't play multiplayer, I'm saying that if that's your sole and only focus, you're not going to understand what makes people so upset about World.

Oh god.
It really is like Oblivion.

I am pretty sure the game will be patched. They already confirmed there will be continuous free updates, and not just even quests but whole new monsters.

My PC is between seven barracks routers and has at least 3 of their passwords and all of them have shitty connections that's why my ID is behaving oddly.

Why would you think that? Why would you expect Capcom to do a thing they don't now, nor have ever done?
They promise that every new game lad. They never fucking deliver.

stop projecting your wishes on me. I've only played monhan with 2-3 friends and the rest were from steam group for here (Holla Forums monster hunter iirc?) or just randoms.

wouldn't call the size or verticality pointless. it certainly didn't need this, but it still doesn't. finding monsters on your own still works and I prefer it.

you nigger, the variety could have only gotten larger since you're no longer required to meet a certain threshold to activate, which lets people use whatever retarded combination they like, but it's still more, not less, variety.
it's incorrect to compare the scout flies to quest markers of other games.

You mean adding extra space purely for the sake of slogging through more terrain and padding out fights doesn't seem pointless to you?
You've yet to give a reason why that would be the case. It's the exact fucking same, they did the classic "it's open world" schtick.

No, YOU nigger, you completely forgot that they REMOVED gunner armor completely.

I forgot that too! Wouldn't even mind it much since grinding for gunner armor makes a pain to switch between blademaster and gunner but the way it's done in World comes at a cost of armor design since as far as I know gunners don't get unique armor designs anymore. It also takes away the uniqueness in blademaster and gunner helmets being interchangable compared to every other armor slot so you could mix and match gunner armor with blade master helmet and vice-versa, adding an extra layer of customization.

Can't wait for the game to be good and for MH autists to still complain about it because its not exactly the same as the games they're used to play on the same outdated engine from 2005.

in other games, take morrowind vs oblivion for example, the predecessor had all you needed to find the monster without markers in the quest text and other indicators and the addition of markers in the new game meant the removal of the other, more preferential form of guidance.

you got me there actually. it's certainly retarded that gunners have the same defense and no new look than the blademaster armor.

As did the other MH games. You didn't even need to use paintballs, you could tell based on the direction the monster fucked off in.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The addition of markers is to compensate for poorly designed maps, and it is not as simple as "just turn them off" because the game is designed with having them on in mind. Turning off markers in Oblivion doesn't make the game better, it makes it impossible to fucking find anything because the game isn't designed as a cohesive map.

As long as it didn't fly. Goddamn those fuckers in second gen were wily shits

I was under the impression that the flies were just for the initial finding of the monster which I still only really need to do once since they're usually in the same general area

It's semi-random. They seem to have a few spawns where they can start

Nah from what I've seen the flies tell you where the monster is on the map at all times once you get them to level 3 from gathering clues and give you a blinding trail of light to navigate like you're using a GPS to get the fastest route to your destination. Maybe in the sequel they can have the scoutflies talk and give you directions at least it would be funny for the first few minutes

They have released new monsters as DLC before, but now they they claim we won't have to pay for a new game to get them.

The scout flies do not give you the most direct route. Only the route the monster actually takes. You can take alternate routes to get ahead of the monster. So there are new wrinkles to the system. I found all kinds of hidden routes there are even some clever environmental details too. There are very small monsters now like rabbits and such that will run into small crawl spaces that aren't visible on the map but can be entered by the player to take shortcuts.

hmm that would explain the anjanath being in a little different spots but the rathalos has always been in the same place for me.

They've never charged for DLC before though. The closest would be the USJ shit, and that was just for entering the park itself, and all that went free over the Internet later anyway.

Why would anyone believe Capcom when they say "you won't have to pay for X"?

I was being facetious. I was making a reference to the ultimate/G versions of each game. Capcom has been hewing the japs with that shit and World might be the first time a lot of westerners experience it.

i'm impressed, what's next it'll cook my dinner and spit on me as well?
yea but max potions are instant. i only bring max potions on hunts since who gets hit enough to chug and bring mega potions anyway

im pretty sure you still have to sheathe to sharpen but ill try again to make sure

Thats not true, I tried out all of the bowguns and you actually take more damage when you are using those, more than with the melee weapons, no matter what armorset you're wearing.

Those aren't really the same though, since you just need to skip the vanilla release and get the G version at less than half price once retailers start trying to sell out the leftover product once saturation hits.

Doesn't actually take that long, only about two seconds.

oh, that's not as bad as I thought then.

just tried and you for sure cannot sharpen with your weapon out

It takes about the same amount of time for a mega potion to fully heal you as the classic games but if you do any rolling before it finishes you lose the rest of the heal.

The most bewildering change to me is the infinite whetstone. Did anyone except dual blade fags ever run out if tmaybe sharpen maybe twice a hunt.

Sharpening still works the exact same as it always has. Where did you even read this? The only change to sharpening is the whetstone is infinite now. Although the strangest thing is I found whetfish while fishing? It's stuff like this that makes me believe that this demo is the press demo from way back before Tokyo game show and dies not at all reflect the final product, for good or ill.

Is it infinite, or was that just for the beta.

The tooltip says the whetfish has less uses than the whetstone so maybe. Another bewildering detail about the whetstone is it has an infinite symbol much like the fishing rod from oat games. This demo is full of contradictory bullshit about the final state of the game it is going to be impossible to determine what the final game will actually look like without actually playing it or watching a letsplay or something. Capcom always does stupid stuff like this.

use the radial menu to select whetstone to sharpen
only reason i found out about it is because my friend told me about it and i'm still using the oldschool style

So is Pukei-Pukei in the beta or not? I've only seen one clip of it and I was wondering if someone else got him to show up.

I didn't see it. I saw a rathalos, diablos, barroth, some mouth lizard, something that looked like a mud plesioth, and a vampire bat t-rex.

This is the clip I was talking about, monsters usually follow the same pattern every hunt so I'm going to try to see if I can get him around the same time and place and look for him, I was just wondering if someone else managed to find him.

I think I've finally hit on what bugs me the most about those magic glowy bugs - they replace actual learning with a simulation of it. They track the monster for you, to the point that after doing it a few times they'll always automatically locate the monster for you from the very start of the quest. The in-game databank that gives you rough ideas of hitzones and part drops builds up as you hunt a monster more is based on the same principle. These are things players ended up either memorizing or making notes of themselves as they learned from playing, but now that process of learning has been automated so that players no longer are required to think.

Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can and can't do nigger?

Let's be honest user. You would have hated it no matter what.

How did they manage to spawn pukei pukei? I remember in an interview they said there are only 3 main monster at any given time, we got great jagras, rathalos and anjanath, how did pukei pukei manage to slip in?

Apparently Pukei and the egg bird have a chance to show up

Maybe it has a 5% intruder chance, like all the other games with a rare intruder chance. I wonder if it replaces the los or jagras.

What does that even mean? You're not actually saying anything meaningful or insightful, just a vague and general attempt to dismiss any actual thought or discussion on this game.

it's shill language that tries to devolve every complaint into "you just hate change"

Does it replace any monster you kill? For example if you kill G.Jagras when you try to hunt for Anjanath, it automatically replace the empty spot with another monster

It would be more meaningful or insightful if you actually have first hand experience with the game. Not to mention you dont even have the ability to play the game so all your complaints came off as fox and the grapes tier.

I don't know, I'm gonna try killing G.Jagras and then looking around the same area that's in the video. He's the only monster I haven't killed yet.

No it wouldn't.

Nah, I own a PS4, I just would have no desire to play this even if it were free, and I'm certainly not paying for a demo.

Tried and tested shill lines, going back to ancient egyptian shill posters

Lying on the internet, nipanon? tsk tsk tsk

At this point I almost think you're just a shitposter pretending to be a shill except you forgot your line about how World is "shaping up to be the best Monster Hunter ever"

Yeah, lets blindly believe what other said instead of experience it for yourself

I spent most of the beta wearing mixed sets to get the right mix of skills, so what you complaining about, nigger?

The point is you weren't making a point either. You just came here to talk shit, which is fine, but let's not pretend that post was anything other than shitposting. Everything you said could be applied to opening the web browser on your ps4 while playing. It is much more interesting and "engaging" to actually unlock stuff in a colorful in game wiki that slowly fills in infornation about the specific monster the more you hunt it.

The scout flies are no more intrusive than literally navigating by looking at the mini map in any other monster hunter game. I have played the beta nonstop. In almost every area MHW outclasses the other games in the series, purely on a combat mechanics level alone. Every weapon feels better than ever, mounting is more interesting, actually finding the monster is more interesting.

The only thing that feels iffy at this stage is how well mixed sets will work, and how much more difficult the monsters will actually be in the retail version and not this press demo from August they Jerry rigged into a demo.

There are glaring mechanical inconsistencies such as the existence of whetfish, when your sharpening stone is infinite. All of your armor having the same level of defense. Being able to access your item box at camp when the developers said this wasn't possible in interviews. No one at this stage knows how difficult the actual game will or will not be, because the demo presents this fucky weird image of the game that we know isn't consistent with the stuff we already know. Such as the demo having 9 carts when newer press demos have only 3.

The only thing that I can say with some degree of certainty is the combat has never felt slicker and more fun in general, I have been playing these games off and on for at least 7 years, and I fucking love the combat in this game. I like being able to pick up materials Dragon's Dogma style, I like how interactive the environment is now. If you asked me what the perfect sequel to FU felt like it would probably be this game, at least on the combat mechanics front. The monsters themselves in the demo were way too easy, you plant traps and bombs way too fast, alI had a problem with walking and drinking when I first read about it, but after having played the game it's obvious they put more thought into it than initially imagined. After playing the beta I am legitimately hype as fuck for this game. I am not going to run out and pre order it. I am going to wait for gameplay, and see a bunch of impressions, but it's obvious a lot of stuff was messed with to make the demo more accessible. There is evidence in the demo itself. I feel at least 90% confident this will be the best Monster Hunter ever. Screencap this post and I will eat my foot if I'm wrong.

I-is this a pasta?

You don't need to pretend, isn't it midnight in japan now, go to sleep nipanon.

Nope and I meant every word of it. What the fuck are you going to do about it? Someone likes a game you don't like in your secret monster hunter club.

This is some incredible bait or you are the worst shill ever.

I'm going to laugh at your shit taste and how much of a casual you are.

It's far more likely the post was curated by his employer.

Notice how he speaks in shillspeak. "Hype as fuck", "more fun", "more interesting", he speaks of nothing relating to actual combat mechanics such as how mounting has gone from a momentary break from chaos into a whole event in-and-of itself, or how the increased movement options for the player have not been compensated with increased movement options for monsters rendering the player as the one with advantage in combat, he speaks only in nebulous terms which you will be unable to pin down and argue him on, and this is intentional. The objective is to paint a picture of "hype" that can't be challenged because there is nothing to challenge in the first place, and he can claim you didn't understand him no matter what angle you approach him from.

Notice also the images he uses with his posts. Have you seen them before? Do they seem like humour that fits around here? Look at low quality of the text on the second image and the complete non-sequitur of the first. This is how shills post on imageboards, that vague feeling of unease you get when you read his post if your sub-conscious telling you this is an outsider.

kek

When they claimed the scout flies are no more intrusive then opening a map in a menu I knew they were not from around here.

No one cares. By February there will probably be tons of people on this board eating crow and discussing the merits of this game. I on the other hand will be happy to admit I was wrong if this game does indeed suck ass. But at this point I trust the main series devs to deliver.

You are wrong. It does suck ass already.

Like we ate crow when Lawbreakers was a massive success? Like we ate crow when Destiny 2 turned out to be a good videogame? Do they at least pay well?

How was I not?

You mean the existence of things like strategy guides or Kiranico? The key difference here is that those aren't being put in by the developer, nor are they an intended part of the game.

Compared to using a strategy guide? Yes. Compared to learning it for yourself by observation? Not even close.

I'd love a source on this, first I've heard of any claim that this wasn't possible.

Nah, all the people defending it now will have moved on to the next job.

It is inconceivable to you that someone here actually enjoyed the game? For fuck's sake.

Notice how he, again, returns to "I just enjoy it". He cannot discuss its merits or qualities/flaws, he goes straight for inarguable shillspeak.

No, it's conceivable, what's not is your blind cocksucking without stating any actual positives other than "it's slick", "it's fun".

WHY do you enjoy it? Why do you think it's better than previous entries?

After X, I don't want XX.

Paintballs forced you to get good and get fast and to get you used to memorizing where the monster went and what it did. When you FAILED to take that into account, you lose time. When you FAIL to track your hunt, you are penalized.

Here? Lol, just push a button, here is your monster you filthy casual.

Bingo.

There is an old saying: "If it's not broke, don't fix it." This is referring to a cornerstone or incredibly well established aspect of an entire series that functions well. Adding the scoutflies yanks out the rug from the player. Why not make the environment less muddy and add colorful flourishes to interactive objects? This was done in the prior games with vibrant blue mushrooms, obvious hives for honey, brightly color rocks you could mine, and so on. Why not show a tree that's been there every single mission, but now it's burnt red with cinders to show a big, mean, nasty monster is here? Why not make it so these clues are vibrant and make the player actually look for them? The scoutflies just point right to them, there is no effort; you just mash a button over and over again until you get a ping and "press x here" a couple times and then they perma track the monster. How about judging herbivore reactions? In prior games, Aptonoth, slagtoth, and other herbivores would get agitated if a big monster was in a nearby area. That's a pretty big hint and a half experienced hunter could use that instead of a paintball to locate a monster, but again, why bother with the "press button to find monster" that never runs out?

MHW isn't "we want the call of duty audience" or "we want the casual audience". It's "we want the mentally handicapped vegetable audience".

Just cracked my EU N3DSXL, got this downloaded but i cant actually patch the game. Is this normal? It says the update was successful, and then prompts to patch the game again.

I tested out if theres a penalty for dying, it still in the game, you got decrease reward if you die too much.

Paintballs won't tell you where the monster is at the start of the quest, and have a limited duration, they only tell you where a monster is if you have already found it, used it, and it leaves that area.

Instead of randomly walking around and guessing where the monster is at the start of a hunt now you actually track down the monster with scoutflies.
Zones are removed.
Seeing as monsters aren't always in the same location at the start of every hunt and move randomly the removal of paintballs with something that more actively tracked the monster was necessitated.
I think what a lot of people here don't appear to understand is that they're thinking about paintballs and scoutflies from a veterans perspective being a case in point.
New players wouldn't know to look for any of that shit, nor would they want to do so every single hunt. In addition, it would become tedious fast. Scoutflies streamlines the tracking of the monster whilst allowing the monster to fuck off to anywhere on the map. It's just decent game design.
The only downside as far as I can see is they're a bit too much of a clusterfuck on the screen.

Some needless inventory management like whetstones is removed, in all honesty I don't recall a single time I ever didn't have whetstones, so I don't care that setting 5 of them to be in my inventory each hunt has gone.
Autocrafting midhunt is now a thing that you can set up.
New additions for every weapon that feel good rather than just being broken e.g. adding a bonus damage mode in sword mode for SA with an awesome looking element discharge, over just giving SA infinite sword gauge + 30% affinity.
Potions moved back to restoring health over time rather an instant health recovery, flex being removed and replaced with being limited to sneaking speed or walking speed at the cost of stamina.
A home console Monster Hunter that can utilise the extra power of home consoles rather than a portable one that's limited in so many ways, e.g. 3 monsters in combat, improved graphical fidelity, smoother framerate.
New monsters to fight.
Environment traps to manipulate the fight with the monster.
Actual monster vs monster interaction rather than just monsters just flying past each other as if the monsters are on two separate dimensions.
Monster ecology actually evident in game rather just mostly cutscene only.
Training room to practise with weapons with bombs set up to practice blowing them up.
Probably some other stuff too but I only got to try two hunts with the demo so I didn't really get to play around as much as I'd like.

it doesn't heal over time, it's a slow animation

I just want dragons dogma 2, capcom

Yeah I worded that poorly, but meaning was it's more similar to older monster hunter games in that the heal is gradual instead of instant.
I wasn't here for the change from fu to tri but I presume there was endless bitching about the instant heal instead of the gradual one.

There is no mechanical difference, the game registers 100% of the heal at the start, it just shows the health bar restoring slowly. It doesn't matter if it shows your health bar restored the frame it happens or if it takes 3 seconds because in the game it's registered immediately.

Oh okay I hadn't noticed that behaviour when playing I'd just assumed it was a gradual heal, then worlds is actually a completely new heal then because it can be interrupted?

Are you fucking retarded or illiterate? There is no fucking difference mechanically between old monster hunter healing and world, only the fucking animation.

I think you're the one whom is retarded.
The heal animation can be cancelled in worlds and you'll stop recovering health at the point where the animation was cancelled.
You can see it in the embed video at around 18:30
Hunter begins to heal and it shows that the potion would heal the hunter to full, however the anjanath hits the hunter and cancels the rest of the heal.

Hey, vol here. People want cocksuckers like you outright removed, but I don't act on it because you don't deserve the martyr effect. But as a rule of thumb, if someone argues that anons are autists for criticizing a (((streamlined))) game, there really isn't any way they are actually part of this community. So no, actual MonHun fans, I won't ban any dissenting opinion, because I don't want you to be the pussy side. Win your battles.

But there is an autist in /mhg/, if you don't know who it is then you probably didn't post here often.

Thats like wanting to ban people for liking MGSV because they personally like the game despite the critisism.
Its still a good game and simply saying positive things about it makes you as much of a cocksucker as someone who talks about how good MHFU is.

People have different tastes and like different things, practically all of the people here are long time fans just like the ones criticizing the game, myself included, so you cant just say were not part of the community. I just like the game.

Also did you screen cap the cocksucker anons post? He said he'll eat his foot if hes wrong.

What is it with the eternal normalfag's obsession with change? They act as if change is always some 100% good thing, free of criticism. You can see this pattern of thought literally everywhere normalfags post, an almost cultish worship of the concept of change, and different for the sake of being different and not improvement. I almost feel like the emphasis on change was what won obongo the presidency due to this.

Then how did we do it? We were all new players once.

Running speed, and you make it sound like any of that is somehow a limitation compared to how the game worked before.

That is literally every Monster Hunter game, that's not an argument.

Those are both arguments against World, not for it. They dumb the game down intensely.

This is pointless and adds nothing to the game.

This is a fair point. Thanks for speaking up on it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pretty much this. A lot of people feel the term "status quo" has a negative connotation.

You wanted positives. New monsters to fight is a positive.

We guess where the monster was going to be or wander around aimlessly until was happen across it, it was kinda shit tbh.

Holding R1 without drinking a potion is not the same as holding R1 whilst drinking a potion, furthermore why does it appear you're under the impression that health recovering gradually instead of instantly is worse?

Using the environment plays up the idea of humans not being as strong as monsters but being smarter than the monsters which is what I thought the point of stuff like the dragonator, the entire Lao Shan Lung fight and the fights in dundorma was?
The monster vs. monster interaction is something I've said in the past I'd like to see and I'm glad they're adding it. I didn't like the monsters would just ignore each others presence, it felt really dumb to watch.

That's your opinion and a really dumb one at that.

Not what I said dumbass.

You listed the monsters fighting each other as a positive. I feel like I'm arguing with a bot or something, jesus fuck.

To an idiot that doesn't even understand the mechanics of monster hunter this is the same thing.

Either you're a stanry roo tier shill, or your iq is so low autonomous breathing is impossible for you. Whichever it is, do the world a favor and tie a rope into a noose, or have someone assist since you're probably too stupid to know how, toss it over the nearest rafter, and hang yourself.

What in the fuck is that?

It's some cringy ass donation or follower thing by the looks of it.

I'd bet money that the reason crapcuck changed it from 50 minutes to 20 minutes is because that very thing happened

That is the subhuman cretin known as a streamer, a subspecies of normalfag

Oh okay so the shit in the middle of the screen isn't part of the game?

I heard the pukei-pukei spawns if you kill the G.Jagras and wait a little while.
Has anyone tried that out and found it yet?
I would be searching right now but Im currently busy.

Fair enough.

Hence why we learned and got better at the game. World seeks to remove that.

It's slightly slower, yes, but still far faster than the shills keep trying to make it sound with "walking"

It's being used as a justification for a change that makes the game easier.

The way it was done in the past, where you took advantage of the arrangement of an area to weave around them, or for things like getting a -blos stuck in a rock? Sure. Shit where they just randomly get trapped freely just because? That doesn't make the human seem smarter, that makes it seem like the world is out to fuck over the monsters.

This just makes it sound like you were watching other people play instead of playing yourself, since you'd be too busy trying to not get killed otherwise.

How? How does that shit make the game itself any better? It's purely window dressing.

Jesus christ for a second I was horrified that they put in some kind of Line integration that let you post those stupid pictures in the game.

It's almost like, despite all your accusations that others are arguing in bad faith, you're doing the exact same thing.

nipanon on suicide watch

whoa buddy don't hold your breath, they can still do that even though they have no reason to do so

Nah it's not part of the game

But what did we learn? Where the monster spawns? Where the monster nest is?
It's not exactly learning anything complex, I'm not even sure if that consists of getting better at the game.
Not to mention that the scoutflies don't take away from learning about the monster ecosystem, for example Great Jagras has a place where it feeds on aptanoth, a place where it feeds its young and a place where it just likes to chill by the water, the scoutflies don't show you anything of that because the monster behaviour changes when you engage it combat, you still have to watch the monster and learn about it, and if you do that, then you don't need the scoutflies.

Well as far as I'm concerned there's three movement speeds that are relevant.
Holding R to run
Pushing the control stick all the way to walk, but I guess we can call it jogging if you like.
Then sneaking speed by tilting the control stick a little.
Now the fastest you can get whilst downing a potion is jogging and that costs stamina which isn't viable if your positioning is bad you've still gotta be as aware of your positioning as in previous games, you can get away with some shit in worlds that you couldn't do in previous games but it's no where near game breaking and seems fairly balanced to me.

I think as an additional counter balance antidotes etc. also got nerfed hard as you have to wait the full length of the animation for the antidote to take effect and if you dodge out of it you waste the antidote without it taking effect unlike with the mega potion you at least get partial healing. I dunno if someone would like to do a side by side on 4u flex and worlds chugging animations. I don't have any videos available to do it with.

But they don't get trapped freely, the hunter positions themselves in such a way to make the monster fuck itself over, I assume you're on about that one tree that was in at least 5 different gameplay videos. That isn't the norm with what I can tell from playing the demo. The monster gets trapped on its own no more than it does on canopy's in 4U.

If you're asking me to throw some credentials out there of me playing the game, I've got just under 600 hours on 4U. 4 man quests really leave you with a lot of free to time look at what the monsters are doing even in G rank, never really got too deep into GQ though. Fuck relics.

Monster ecology is what makes the game, learning about the monsters habits, what they eat, what kind of trap they're weak to, elements they're weak and strong against, and so on.
Like this is all monster ecology that was in the game, they've just taken it a step further in this game.

I wouldn't put it past Capcom.

No more g rank
This is being aimed at people who still think it's OMG, HARDER THAN DARK SOULS even after all the casualization

Port to different platforms doesn't count. I wonder if its free considering they did say patch instead of DLC and theres no season pass for the game too

Also, this is fucking capcom, if you think all of these monsters aren't on disc to be activated at a later time, even if they're free, you're a mongoloid with an iq below room temperature.

I said no more G rank (((re-release))), not no more G rank. They probably add it in the patches

I am going to commit a murder-suicide if there are paid DLC monsters and areas

They already confirmed in interviews, no more g rank. Granted, it's capcom, they lie about literally everything, but I doubt they'd lie about something that's a negative to the game.

You got problem with free contents user? Now you're just bitching for the sake of bitching

They're not adding anything though, if I'm correct, they're locking things behind a timer to artificially increase the length of the game.

They never explicitly said no g rank. Just there would be free patches with new monsters. Those new monsters could very well extend into g rank or g rank could be an expansion DLC coming later like every monster hunter. Personally I hope it's the former.

Is this the height of signaling?

Pretty sure they said this in regards to events like most games. There will still be normal event quests and free DLC. But there will also be Halloween, Christmas style events as well.

You could fight a buffed up rathian and rathalos in Christmas hats or something silly like that, and make Santa armor, stuff like that is the impression I got from the wording.

I don't like them putting content behind a timewall in other monster hunter games either, but at least they don't start you off with only a dozen monsters and trickle 6 more over the coming months.

If it's goofy holiday event stuff why not? Are you really going to care if you miss out on the Valentine's day costumes or whatever they have planned?

Oh yeah, it's so much slower, I didn't notice it until I rewatched the webm, twice.

When did you post that? Wasn't in the last thread. Looking over it though, you're right that it's not as fast as normal running, but that's still a good bit faster than just walking. Also, pretty clearly shows that potion healing isn't as slow as people try to make out.

You're right, it's not complex, which begs the question of why it needed to be removed. The point here is that the design philosophy behind World is all about removing thought or learning on the part of the player.

They show you where the monster is at all times regardless after you've hunted it a few times, what are you talking about? Do you just mean that they don't tell you that that's what the monster is doing at those points? Because none of that matters, all that matters is is where the target is located.

That's a fair argument

That's an outright lie though. Being aware at all doesn't mean being "as aware as in previous games"

I wasn't, just wondering how you could even do that when playing MonHun

And there's the answer.

No, it isn't. Fighting challenging monsters is what makes the game.

The bits that are related to the actual fighting of the monster, like you just said, was already in the game, and that's fine. What more is there to add? Nothing that is relevant to the game.

Accidentally deleted a link I think, most of should be targeting

Don't put words in my mouth, where did I say much? And a few seconds is the difference between getting hit by a Diablos charge or not.

I think it was the thread before last, but I know you saw it, nigger. You responded to my original post of it, and you have the exact same writing style in every thread I've been in and always have 40+ posts.

I wouldn't say it's a good bit faster than walking, but I suppose that's a matter of perspective.

If you watch the item icon in the lower right, you can see that I hit square at about 7.5 seconds in, and the heal finishes at around 12 seconds in - so 4.5 seconds to heal around half a health bar. I've honestly never timed potion use in the older games, so I'm not sure how that compares off the top of my head.

Actually, now that I look at it more closely I think the 'holding R1 while drinking' speed might be the exact same as the regular walking speed. I wish I'd made the video longer now, but if you look you can see that, at the point right after the heal finishes and my stamina starts going up (I stopped holding R1), my speed doesn't seem to increase at all.

You say that like as if its a good thing.
Its MH tradition to re-release a game with a G-rank version.

They should have another dlc featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series. & Knuckles

You say that as if its a good thing

Paranoid much? Anyway, I don't think I still have the thread before last open, so can't speak on that. Last thread it definitely wasn't in though.

The item counter drops from 5 to 4 at 0:09 and the healing finishes at 0:11. At best that's three seconds.

Its probably going to be a DLC. At worst costing half the price of the game.
I wouldnt put it beyond capcom to fuck up and actually re-release the entire game though, they already did it before with dragons dogma with dark arisen.

Was DLC even a thing back then? Or could the consoles from back then not handle them? Otherwise there was no excuse.

There is no point in playing dumb my dude, it's blindingly obvious to anyone that's been in more than two of these threads.

The item count doesn't drop immediately, there's a brief window between hitting the button and the point where the game decreases your item count. The flash of the item icon is when I hit square.

The start of 12 seconds. 4.5~ total.

Stop lying nigger, it drop at 0:08

MT frameworks is pretty fucked in Dragon's Dogma, they probably actually did need a rerelease

It was definitely at 0:11

Guess my eyes are slow. Fair enough then on the start.

Theres no season pass for the game, so future DLC isn't what they are planning but we do have a confirmation that new monsters will be added in futures patches for free

The very end of 11, closer to 12.
And I won't let you ignore it nignog, the point at which the item count decreases is irrelevant as we're talking about the entire time it takes for the heal to apply.

That IS the entire time it takes the heal to apply though, the healing doesn't start until then. Before the decrease you can cancel out of it with no penalty whatsoever.

Nip user is possessed by his hatred of world. I want XX too but god damn.

We were never talking about penalties. Your original response to my post was
which prompted me to time it. I'd bitch at you for changing the subject, but I'll be a good sport.
What does it matter if there's no penalty? You haven't gained anything either - the only thing you've done is waste time and briefly slow yourself down, increasing your chances of getting hit again. Meanwhile, in the older games' potion system which I admittedly prefer, from my experience with the beta you can chug a mega potion, have it apply right before the monster hits you, and since it's instant still come out ahead healthwise.

(((You people))) are really desperate, huh?

It's not changing the subject though. The time it takes from the start of the heal to the end is not nearly as long as people have been trying to claim.

You've gained not getting hit by the monster whose attack you just dodged.

That, of course, being if you trigger the healing before getting hit, and if the hit in question does less than 50 damage.

Please stop trying to convince people making yourself easier to hit and not getting to heal isn't a negative.

It is though. Making the game easier by reworking the core mechanics is not a good thing.

Talking about penalties was changing the subject, though, as you like you just said we were talking about the time it takes from the start of the heal to the end. And while I'm not sure how long other people have claimed it takes, it does take a significant amount of time, especially counting from the moment you hit the item button - and not the point at which the item count decreases - to the end of the heal.

Speaking as a former extreme jobber, this is in no way difficult.

This does matter, but in Low Rank where most of the potion abuse takes place, it also isn't that hard.

I won't argue that it is easier, because it is, but I think the casualization is overstated. I didn't feel the beta was significantly easier because of the change, and from what I saw in multiplayer, retards trying to heal at the wrong time were still getting punished for it.

The real issue, I think, are Max Potions, which are way too fucking good even if you get a very limited amount of them. The change to Potions and Mega Potions didn't seem too bad.

That should say 'isn't easier'

shut the fuck up you fucking faggot

Where the fuck is that damn pukei pukei!??!
Does it/can it spawn after I kill the G.Jagras or the anjanath? Is it true that its only a 5% chance for it to spawn?? I seen those streamers find that damn lizard, i know its in there.

I want to get bragging rights anons, help me.

I think we need a distinction in terms here. The button press starts the action as a whole, but the actual healing itself only takes place once the item count is used up. Prior to that, you are able to move and dodge without any penalty whatsoever, as opposed to in Monster Hunter games, where once you initiate the action by pressing the button, you are locked in place and vulnerable.

That is entirely dependent on the fight in question.

If anything I would say I find myself using healing items LESS in the lower ranks due to not having a good supply of them secured at that point. G Rank quests, on the other hand, can easily deplete the default 10 and work into your extra combines for an extra 10 unless of course you're talking about X/XX where you Bushido or Brave through everything

That, if anything, worries me more, since those are the audience they're targeting with World, and it means if anything they'll dumb the game down even further to appease them.

Which would also be a moot penalty considering you can restock on them at the base camps anytime.

Remember when capcom dumped down monster hunter 4u with a patch because people found it too hard?

You can cancel the heal without losing the potion, but you experience the slowdown the moment you press the button so it's not without any penalty whatsoever.

I just have to disagree here, even against monsters like Tigrex I never found it hard to sneak in a heal before getting hit.

The problem here is that you're coming from the perspective of someone thinking things through a bit, and not the perspective of a new player that's godawful and getting hit by every other attack.

I think even with Capcom being staffed entirely by crazy people, they know better than to piss off their core fanbase in nipland too much. And it's not like MH's never had it's share of shit-tier Frenchmen trying to play.

This is another thing that's blown out of proportion. If someone is seriously bad enough to blow through that many healing items, they're probably going to use all their carts or time out anyways.

I suppose the wording was a bit strong. It's still nothing compared to how it works in MonHun though.

Maybe I'm just bad at the game then, because I will get heal interrupted from time to time.

And why should I? I've BEEN the new player before, and the games' difficulty forced me to improve, something I'm still working on. The games work as is, they always have.

Legends 3.

They've never built the game around trying to sell specifically to them though.

The game is being designed with that capability in mind though, and it's indicative of the philosophy guiding the entire design of the game. I don't see how this doesn't ring a million alarm bells in your head.

I tried to avoid World news and go into the game blind after it became clear there was both shilling from Capcom and a lot of negativity here about it. I had fun with the beta, and it didn't feel too different from the MH I know. That's pretty much it.

I'm not even talking about outside news or influence. If I were going into a MonHun blind and saw that I could restock my items infinitely, I would immediately recoil in horror.

MHW hurts me in many ways too user.

No o e is forcing you at gunpoint to play like a casual though.

That's the same as saying you can play XX in Guild Style without using Hunting Skills - you can, but the game isn't balanced around that. Plus, in the case of World, there's plenty of shit you can't just turn off, like the monsters attacking each other instead of you, or the environmental crap, so that's even less of a defense here than in XX's case.

World is balanced around it though you can free hunt as long as you want after quests.

Try leaving the camp you start in.