Bayonetta, good?

Was thinking about starting the Bayonetta series. Is it any good? Anything I should watch or do before I start?
Also, is the main character a tranny?

Also can you change her costume in game, or customize her avatar a little?

Just play the game
You’re a fucking retard.

Yes it's fucking great, get the PC port and play it. Bayo has a bunch of different costumes too. You'll like her by the end of the game

Yes but only in the Nintendo ports, and you need amiibos
As far as I know

Shuraba and durga are the best combo. Once you unlock those other weapons need not apply.

Ive got a few dozen amiibos, including the Bayoneta amiibo, so I should be set.

And a fine ooga booga to you too.

What makes it great?

It's blatant lefty propaganda and anyone shilling for it is pantyfa

good series, 2 is weaker than 1, I recommend playing devil may cry 1 and 3 beforehand.

ITS A JAPANESE GAME, SHUT UP GOOOOOON

You don't actually need them, but you do have to unlock and buy em in game if you don't.

Ask here

Id rather spend real money on amiibo so I dont need to grind in game.

Good base gameplay, tons of replayability, good atmosphere, good soundtrack, decent enemy and weapon variation, a shitton of unlockables and likeable characters.
Only thing I didn't like is how some cutscenes kind of play in this slideshow form, but it makes up for that and some.

I'd say play this game first. If you really are a newcomer to the genre you can use witch time as a crutch as you git gud.

Don't play it on a console if you want a decent experience, as the frame drops are abysmal. 20fps consistent boss fights ruined any enjoyment I was having, so much that I still haven't moved on to the second game.

Did you play the PS3 ver?

What makes the gameplay good?
What makes the atmosphere good?
What makes the characters likable?

Wii U.

That port has lower framerate than the 360 one somehow

I didn't really like it, but then I had never played a "Platinum" game before like Devil May Cry so I never really "got" it either. Just felt really grindy to get enough things to unlock new weapons and attacks, and I never got a lot of things because I didn't beat the missions "the right way".

Please use this thread for Bayonetta, so not to clutter the catalog.