Sonic Adventure

What's the best version of SA1?

the non japanese dreamcast version of the game, it looks better than dx and it has less glitches, the only benefit dx has is its framerate

Dreamcast, because no plastic.

It also has the most hilariously exaggerated dislocating jaw to talk animations ever.

tbh i rather have those than the super shiny models all characters have in DX

Unless you really care about the cutscenes, the pc re-release of sonic adventure dx.

dont do that

Play any version, the game is shit regardless.

I will do that sonic heroes is a good game

Yes, ignore autists.

>sonic heroes is a good game
the joke's on you, i like that game

Might as well not even go to the board if you're going to ignore the entire userbase.

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing.

The PC version has some mods that fix the character textures and the lighting engine, and that restore the Chao Garden.

Demul runs on almost anything

Go for original Dreamcast version if it's possible. If it isn't, then go for SADX PC with mods that brings back the many exlusive elements of the Dreamcast version.

In case you feel like experiencing SADX at its own thing, then go for the Gamecube version.

For the rest, don't bother the rest. The consecutive ports after Gamecube only ruined the game further.

Whichever one I don't have to play.

the only correct answer
sonic remakes on android/iOS the best

Dreamcast original only.
The physics are fucked in DX.
It was slow, and I kept getting stuck on shit, and I dropped it as soon as I saw that it was slowed down so much that certain sequences of windy valley didn't play out right.

I've played both the Dreamcast and the DX version and this is pretty accurate.
Even the original release is chock full of obvious collision bugs.

But dreamcast emulator doesn't exist

The one you grew up with back then.

For a slightly less shit experience, a moded version of steam DX is the best way to go. Allows you to restore most of the Dreamcast content and graphics as well as tacking on a bug fixing mod so you have less of what>>13958354 describes.

>Go to Wind Vally nonetheless Emerald coast is still my favorite stage, though
Then I dropped it and emulated the dreamcast version.
Also, I hate that in both Wind Valley and Emerald coast the intro songs for the first half of the stage are 10/10 and the second half are 5/10 at best. Jesus, just leave me with the first theme through the whole stage.

PC with mods