Robots in Vidya Thread

Post your favorite ones. What makes robot characters so likable?

/clang/ makes the character

AEGIS, 2B, MARINA!!!
Robot Waifus Assemble!

A'ight.

Best robot waifu coming through!

This thread is off to a great start.

Labrys is mai waifu.

Robots have a purity to them.

They are made with their lives dedicated to usually a single purpose. They can make that Purpose seem like the greatest thing in the world. Then at the times when a robot becomes aware enough to show true emotion it's more impactful since a robot has nothing to gain from deviating from it's purpose. A robot unless designed for it, has no reason to lie So you know everything they say and do is pure.

wanted to link to OP

Rhetorical question: Are you meatbags finally learning the superiority of circuits and steel?

Your autism makes you relate better to inanimate objects than real people.
Or maybe that's just me.

What? No Kos-Mos or Emerl/Gemerl yet?

They also often have simplified or limited social interaction, which is reassuring.

Darkstalkers is probably my favourite fighting series, since the characters are mostly all cool things, and not boring ass humans.

INITIATING RECOVERY MODE

When somebody desires information, they come to me.
Based on their posts, it appear you are correct.

I do now.

They can also be interesting in that, if they're self-aware but weren't built for a specific purpose, or their purpose isn't easily definable, they'll have to face the problem of their own existence. Mankind creating intelligent life forces us to face the realities of our own existence, which is always relatable.

I found some really intimate POV lewds where one of the HK droids were drilling the viewer in the missionary position.

You should post them.
At least in /clang/.

This. Fucking all of this.

Post 90s anime-style robots in vidya

In terms of getting an audience to care about a character, robots are basically cheating
They're like hyper-intelligent dogs

I prefer G0-T0 tbh
Though he doesn't have a whole lot of dialog and his visual design leaves a hell of a lot to be desired

Cum again?

aww shit nigga

this shit is my jam

The worst part of Fallout 4 to me is all the wasted potential
Bethesda takes the few creative people that work for them and turns their good work into garbage

Remember Monster Rancher?

Niggers, all of you.

mp4 1:19

I am no programmer or animator but this is some trash right here.

People always seem to forget bomberman's an android

What potential?

First, they are distinguishable from a human after being killed
Second, what part of those pictures are indistinguishable from humans?

If they would have just stuck with these clankers it would have been cool. However they wanted to be blade runner with almost human androids. Then posing the question on if it is right to use them as slaves. Like blade runner did. Again, however. Bethesda is not skilled enough to write a convincing moral dilemma. Its literally just, "WE R PEOPLE 2! LOOK ITS YOUR SON! JUST LIKE HIM! WHY DONT U LOVE HIM U EVIL RACIST?!" Completely disregarding the fact that your child is dead, (an incredibly damaging event for a parent.) and here you have this weird fake robot version of your son. This robot version does not even see you as a parent until they try and guilt you into taking him home, where he serves no purpose, might I add. So you are this parent, who lost a child. Now this sick synthetic puppet that looks and sounds like your dead child is sitting here guilt tripping you, like you are supposed to care. The fucker got like 10 seconds of screen time. 8 of those were screaming at you then getting shut down. Not to mention, WHY THE FUCK are they building fake humans when, with that tech they can just unfuck the entire wasteland? Don't get me fucking started on the coursers or whatever, they are supposed to be super synths, but all they do is pop a stealthboy and crouch. My fucking FNV daughter of ares can sprint, CQC, turn invisible, do some static overcharge that paralyzes in close range, short range ballistic teleportation that knocks down enemies. I still have not even started hunting androids to get more powers either. (The mod is called Bionic Augmentation by Devilswish182 by the way.) So, naturally I have high expectations on cool ass androids. I want kill droids. Not fucking discount blade the vampire hunter. That is how I pictured these ""super scary"" coursers. Especially after they show them ripping up that gunner tower.

It all just feels like some ham-fisted morality shit, basically along the lines of, "You aren't some wayciss are you..?" Since in this world there is no ethnic tensions. Leaving this shitty blade runner story to play up the "be a good guy not a racist sole goyi- survivor." In a game where you cant actually be evil, just smarmy and annoying. Much like Bethesda's target audience circa 2011. Nobody wants to be a villian, but all us soyboys are basically dashing sarcastic rouges like han solo.

tl;dr cool concept. But at what fucking point did fallout become cyberpunk? Also bethshit writers are not philip k. dick.

So, he's capable of feeling lust?

Sure, bomberman has emotions. He jumps up in a victory pose in bomberman hero and looks happy.
But, then, why do you ask?

I'm gonna marry him~!

Don't make me do this user. Don't make me put you down.

Come on, user. You can't act like he's not cute.

Mischief Makers 2 Never Ever

It's over an hour too late but I meant to reply to

This thread could use some more Mega Man.
Sorry for being to lazy to crop

Joe is the best Mega Man character

You'd like Zakus.

Zakus wear skirts. That's probably gay.

Nobody mentions they are based on roman attire.

The Romans were probably gay.

FUCK YOU

this post taught me less about how romans like mouthfucking men and more about the origin word of a tag i use on boorus to see anime women getting mouthfucked

You're hyped for SRW X huh?

Damn right!

why is there no spider robots in video games? they're just called spider but have six or four legs

im glad to be of service

robots are breddy good

Reminder that Curly Brace will always be the best girl.

Well, he doesn't have a sex, as he is a robot.

I like Curly, but I like Polar Star more. Yeah ur cute but I'm never gonna give up my gun

you poor man

Roll is the best robot loli. Barring a non-canon vagina replacement and breast augments for other robot masters.

bump

A man can still dream albeit naively

That makes no fucking sense

Kos-mos is my waifu, fuck you leatherhead.

Would you get crushed by 2B's 300 lbs body?

wow, he's a pretty likable guy

Robots are generally genderless, but they can have masculine or feminine programming to emulate having one.

What the fuck am I looking at.

faggot.

trash tier, barely even a robot.
3/10

saging because this is an old thread and I don't want to necro bump, but still wanted to reply.