Mechwarrior 5

Mechcon just happened and with it more Mech 5 news
-Release date likely to get delayed though is December 2018
-Mod support was confirmed
-4 player coop was confirmed
-Test demo had A.I issues and they've states that they're prioritizing that over the rest due to the complaints
archive.is/xkFiK

Is there any hope?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?tv=r8WoNTHMoLc
tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations
tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations#vars!panel=2475109!
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, and there never was. This is the PIG we're dealing with here.

Fuck. MWO is a shitshow, I don't have high hopes for this one.

odds are they are going to implement some way worst than bethesta to control mods

This shit has a con?

So, I found a video from the faggots at Polygon. It's 9 minutes and recorded by the devs, not by the retard journos. Have a look if you want, I don't give a shit. It looks ok. There are helicopters and tanks and shit in the game, and all the sounds are recycled MWO sounds.

Its Steam Workshop

Yes, its called MWO
its a one day convention for Mech and Battletech fans

You braindead fucking idiot go back to >>>/cuckchan/
hooktube.com/watch?tv=r8WoNTHMoLc

>You braindead fucking idiot go back to >>>/cuckchan/
>hooktube.com/watch?tv=r8WoNTHMoLc
Well shit, sorry that you're too fucking braindead to install an adblocker that deprives them of their shekels.

You fucking retard

Google won't pay them for your view if you have adblock. They can detect it and it appears on the uploaders' graph or whatever analytics page they have over there. It's why some vid makers complain about adblock telling their subscribers to turn it off.

Warframe supports steam workshop, and guess what it's paid mods.
So yeah, it's gonna be paid mods.

Trailer just came out

Simply put, Piranha is not competent enough to develop a good Mechwarrior game. The only reason their damnable company is still alive is because they are leeching off of Canadian taxpayer dollars.

Oh, and if you are not aware of the seemingly never ending ride of fuck-ups that was Mechwarrior Online, you ought to check this out. It will probably give you a fairly good taste of what is to come;

tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations

Sage for doubleposting.

I'm glad it didn't take off but humanity never truly learns.

I hope Garth is killed by a drunk driver on Christmas Eve.

Surprisingly, they fired his stupid ass a year and a half later. I guess his faggotry was too much to contain.
tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations#vars!panel=2475109!

Also, that particular user was permanently banned. I wonder why.

I was wondering why I felt a massive disturbance in my bowels, this explains it. The chronic shits I just took will be a better product than whatever (((PGI))) shovels out.

its ads views, not video views. Why do you think e-celeb complaint about adblock

There is no hope. It's dead. Give up.

Fuck

There's not a lot of games where you can stomp around with a mech so a beggar can't really be a chooser in these times. Sometimes I want to do the right thing and just whip up my own game. I have the time and the skills (0 art and music skill though) to pull off a mech game I've always wanted, perhaps with hookers and blackjack to boot.

I've actually had the honor recently of being in a model of a mech that these dudes made, it was actually surprisingly well equiped and super realistic. Well equipped as in like the butt warmer, full metal encasing, light up buttons, that kind of thing; it also came with a fully functional and fully loaded minigun, so don't expect development to get too much further, because I killed literally everyone in the studio. My season pass is now completely worthless and I feel so ashamed, however, they did let me take the mech home since I was such a good boy, so I think I might just sell it and buy a few season passes, I suppose that's a net positive HAHA; I might be giving away a few later to some lucky anons~~
In short, the main reason I did it was because of this cunt named Jerry, who thought he could get away grabbing my ass just because I'm a transexual. "I just wanted to experience it!" he said, well now he's experiencing both my full male and female anatomy because with my spare good boy points I took him home as well. The moral of the story is: 'go fuck yourself'.

(double checked)
what is this pasta again?

it is doubles

it is doubles

Just let it die with dignity.

is this spite? malice? idiocy?

Considering the lead developers of the CryEngine 3 were the ones who were working on MWLL, i.e. the game engine PGI decided to use for MWO do you really have to ask?

That's actually pretty fucken cool.

Living Legends thread?

Yeah but it stands to reason if you are going to use the Cryengine for your game they are the last people on Earth you piss off.

The Mechwarrior Community deserved to die to be honest.

I will play this game now.

Link it you fucking nigger.

PIG are too incompetent to compete with a few autists on a budget of three packs of cheetos and a bottle of Mountain Dew, so they nuked all the fangames.

also pretty fucken untrue. PGI got a few MWLL devs, and i dont think they even work there any more. i don't know where you get this "CryEngine lead developer" or what you're replying to in general. I was marveling at how PGI took a giant shit on every Battletech fan project, MWLL wasnt the only one, and now expects "the community" to mod for them.

Please leave.

Holy shit what fucking bullcrap have you been smoking? Do you not know who Dan and Sean Tracy are? The fags that developed MWLL and then got hired by Crytek to work on the Cryengine 3 and then proceeded to literally write the book on Cryengine?
This is why old MWfags hate you Holla Forumsedditor hipsters, you know absolutely fuck all about the history of Mechwarrior.

i misread, thought you were saying PGI hired the Cryengine 3 leads.

Go to fucking specsavers mate if you somehow got from MWLL devs working on the CryEngine to working for PGI.

I actually agree.
If this is the state of Mechwarriorfags then I agree it deserves to die if they are going to shit on the superior game for no valid reason.

MW4 built as the stardard LL map (objectives, respawns and all that) would be the superior choice, but you can only play arcade deathmatches and that's pretty boring
Also, LL has tanks and vtol

Did you actually show up to MW4 Gamenight or have you played MW4 before? There was fucktons of gamemodes beside deathmatch.
MW4 has a massive selection of Mechs and Battlearmor, I think that trumps Tanks and VTOL.

I only liked Mechcommander anyway and the battletech game looks like piss

Yes, there was deathmatch or koth deathmatch (or fucking BA deathmatch for some reason). Not that LL is much better, but it is usually better than a bunch of mechs running in circles killing each other. I mean, I played for 3 non consecutive hours, did I miss the parts where we played capture points (points being real bases with walls, turrets, etc) on decent maps where you had to plan your movements because you cant just do a straight line to the enemy team?
No it does not. More mechs is good but more vehicle classes is probably better

And I just noticed
I didnt look much into that, but this advanced radar system is basically line of sight iirc (I might be wrong). Which isnt how battletech radars work at all, you cant hide behind a rock 100m from the enemy and become invisible. Disappearing from the radar with no ecm, passive radar or anything like that happens over larger distances, and even then one mech or other is supposed to have a decent radar to pick up mechs from a distance. In fact, this is exactly how MWO radar works iirc, line of sight
fair enough but coop isnt the same as pvp if that's what you mean
Arguable, and it's not like LL's mechs have strict usage tiers or something
How, exactly. You can make your own autistically minmaxed mechlab loadout, but LL has 8 different loadouts per mech if you want to use a mech with lbx for example there's gonna be one option for that, it's not ideal but you cant say LL doesnt have loadout variety

MW4 modders focused really hard on adding as many mechs as possible, which is great, but just putting them on one big square to shoot each other in circles inst fun. MW4 can be better than LL in theory, but it needs more work

Yes. Especially the ones where you could call in armies and fight dropships. I think you missed out.

friendly reminder >>>/m/ exists and is not entirely dead, come say hi.

all this being a prick on the internet for no reason.
are you saying that PGI e-begging for mods now isn't a douche move after they killed AT1, MWLL, Mekpak?

you were playing the mekpack, vanilla MW4 isn't as good. it's still better than MWO, but it has a funky taste compared to MW2/3

i guess there will be no drm free release.

Projecting much? user you fucked up and got slaughtered for it. Did you really expect not to get bullied for fucking up? If so you may want to re-evaluate whether you belong ont his site or not.
And that isn't even the tip off the iceberg of what PGI tried to kill off. Hell they even tried to go after MegaMek
Who needs to be killed most though are the fags that will enable PGI by making mods for them

Why don't the mechs in MWO ever explode? How come they just fall over? I've never played the game, just seen videos of it.

does the mw2 remake have tonks?
More importantly, does anyone actually play it?

the thing about steam workshops, satan-kun, is that it doesnt let other stores to sell it, like gog and shit, and devs get turned into steam bitches forever.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I want a Mount and Blade: Mechwarrior. I want it so bad.

You stepped into another timeline, user. People can sell their steam workshop enabled multiplayer wherever, they just need to be upfront to people that they'll need to install Steam for them to play online.

Fusion engines rarely if ever explode.

It was killed while they were still working on the engine. The dev was in the process of introducing stuff like alternate munition types, TAG lasers and AI Turrets.

So MW2:Mercs?

Only Mechwarrior games I've ever played were Bettletech on Genesis, Mech Commander 2 and Mechwarrior Online.
What mainline game should I play to get into this franchise?

Mechwarrior 3 is the best in the series, although it takes a bit of effort to get it working on anything past Windows 98.

There's another issue where the zoom reticule (0 key on Numpad) keeps activating but someone out there made a patch that stops it from flickering- also there's a massive issue with ground vehicle physics that makes them and stationary turrets bounce and spaz out.

Still the best game by far.

You talking about Assault Tech 1? That got canned years ago.

They're full of ammo and explosives and are in a universe with heat weapons. At a minimum they should be cooking off and exploding even from lasers.

There's a con for Mechs?

Only retarded boomers give a shit about MechWarrior.

MWO wanted to be seen as e-sports so they tried to make it look like people cared.

I have a shitty laptop, any news on xbone support?

Fuck off, Child.

"MWO is a piece of shit therefore all Mechwarrior games are shit"

-Some childish faggot, 2017

my grandkids are going to love this game

Are you really so retarded you can't realize it's bait and just not take it?

Oh. I'd ask how well that went for them but no results show up on my search for 'mechcon' that connected to mechwarrior so I guess it's not going well.

You know i'm right and that scares you, Jimbo.

Implying I'm not just biting to keep the thread alive.

Kill yourself, you pathetic little faggot.

That just makes you even worse than before. Filtered, trashboy.

You don't even know how, NeoFaggot.

Everyone in this thread needs spanked!

OH GOOOOOOD
PUNISH MEE

Good girl. Assume the position user.

Thanks for bumping

Are you saying you want spanked next?

Just a reminder that a lot of the problems that MWO faces (technical-wise) were the result of CryEngine 3 being fucking awful.

MW5 uses Unreal 4, I think.

I think he is

I could care less if MW5:Merc turns out to be moderately successful or a fucking disaster. What I do care about are the atrocious"canon" mechs that PGI are releasing to make their "mark" on the franchise. Like, what the fuck is this abomination? Jordan really cucked out by letting any mech that this company makes (that are literally just reused assets from other in game models) to become canonized. It's just as bad as the SJW multicultural shit stain bio's on the HBS characters with the new Battletech game.

Someone please uncuck this franchise. It still has potential but it's getting ruined by Canadians.

So you do care.

What's wrong with it?

It looks as generic as it gets. It could be any mech game. Just compare these two (and the jenner is one of the most unique mechs)

Yeah I believe it.

Fuck man, play the original MechCommander. MC2 is a joke compared to that game.

Each of the MechWarrior games has some crippling issue that makes it not very fulfilling. With MW2, it's the lack of any sense of progression. With MW2:Mercs it's the ubiquitous technical issues and randomly generated missions. With MW3, it's the shitty AI, cumbersome salvage management interface and lack of variety in mission design. With MW4, it's the awful weapon balance. With MW4:Mercs, it's the tedious mission design. The original MechCommander is the closest Battletech videogames have come to perfection, none of the other games will give you such great satisfaction in accomplishing a mission and salvaging cool mechs.

About the franchise and where it's going yes. I want some competent developers to take over since Battletech fans always get shafted no matter what. To the cease and desists on projects, to Harmony Gold(berg) fucking up everything because FASA/Jordan Weisman didn't respond in court I can say that Battletech fans have not had much luck in the previous decades.

PGI is literally going full lazy and grabbing assets from their other mechs in game to make canonized shitty frankenmechs. That's what's wrong with it. The sad thing is that there are retarded potatoes out that are willing to dish out $20 or more for it.

IMO, Mechwarrior 2 and Ghost Bear's Legacy was the most solid out of them all. If it wasn't for the bugs and glitches that it had during it's final release (that were later fixed by fan contributed patches) I would say that MW:2 and GBL were the two best in the franchise for a first person mech simulator.

Also, check out MechCommander Omnitech. It's free and IMO it feels the closest thing to a proper Battletech simulator. I just wish that the guy developing will hopefully add proper variations to the lasers, and that pulse lasers actually pulsate in burst duration's in future builds.

Never change Holla Forums

That image would have been better if Vivian got spanked in the end.

They both look like shit, fam. Is that your point? The old ass designs looked liked something out of a 70's cartoon too, no amount of style can fix those.

MechCommander Omnitech is still a piece of shit. MC2 has a bunch of problems compared to MC1, boring mission design, drastically dumbed down resource management, but the biggest problem of all is the enemy AI. The enemy AI in MC2 only targets the first unit that it sees which makes it very exploitable. The game becomes very boring and repetitive when you can just send a fast mech to bait the enemy and have it run around in circles while the rest of your mechs whittle it down unchallenged. Omnitech doesn't fix this problem.

Why does she haven antlers.

Christmas?

She's jewish.

That's what I thought. It must be a "lore" thing but the reality is it's just another thing holding back the game. None of the weapons seem to have a feel of power and the lack of explosions adds to that whole impression of it being more of a paintball game.

I'd rather see a mech game that isn't based on the license. That way all the stupid shit could be removed. And not some garbage like Hawken. Looking at videos and posts analyzing the MW5 footage released so far I have to say it looks like bugged shit.

Engines shouldnt explode unless you hit them directly, but it happens. Weapons themselves dont really have a reason to explode, but (on the boardgame at least) ammo can explode easily. Mechs dont go full anime death every time that's for sure, they're not full of fucking dynamite or anything. What they should work on is the weapon effects, gauss, lasers and missiles should definitely make a decent explosion on impact (and on lauch/trail depending on the case)

Gauss rifles explode when destroyed.
Not gauss ammo tho.

Sauce pls

Are you that pidgeon crap guy?

I don't play War Thunder either but watching a few videos that game has a good effect where the ammo cooks off. I haven't seen that happen in MWO. I have to say I don't give a fuck about realism or the board game but there's a balance to be struck and they clearly messed up.

Like War Thunder it seems like the dead husks don't have any impact on the game. They should provide cover and be real objects. I suppose the more you look at it the shittier it gets. Pretty much every element is a missed opportunity.

You do know that C.A.S.E. exists in the Battletech Universe right?

Not all mechs have CASEs tho.

To be fair the vast majority of Mechs I'd wager in MWO would have CASE, Clan Mechs come with it as standard for example.

This was my experience too, I tried out LL after the MW4 gamenight and it felt dumbed down as shit.

Yes but like I said, I don't care. The more high tech and safe it is the more boring it becomes. It's like how Formula One went to shit after it was neutered. Though you could still have an impressive jet of fire and roaring sound effect to show the burn off but it's not there in MWO unless I missed it somehow.

I've played almost all the other MW games and they were satisfying enough in terms of weapon power and explosions (for the time). MWO simply isn't and it looks like MW5 will also be disappointing. I don't see the point of big robots without big guns and big explosions.

You're right. There is no helping these fags if all they are going to do is bitch.

so picked up mechwarrior 3 mercenaries after game night.

>go thew the missions find some top tier clanner wifu and conquer her in combat for free top tier pilot

so is there something i missed or should i just go grind infinite money and rep from the gladiator world? and buy 8 salt mechs and lose money on every mission?

That mission is a trap. You're not supposed to stay and fight, but if you want stay and to crush everyone, invest in some heavy+assault mechs. You're going to be facing enemies of similar strength in the mid to late game anyway. The operating costs will be easily offset by salvaging, repairing, and selling enemy mechs on the free market.
Also, that's Mechwarrior 4 Mercs you're playing, not 3.

so i'm just supposed to withdraw?

That's the idea but if you have the money, you could upgrade to some heavier mechs and curbstomp the ambushers. I did the latter and made out like a bandit on the salvage.

well i think i know what your talking about ended up losing some 4 loaded mechs fleeing that one and didn't want to scum save but i'm on Wernke and you tube walk thews say that i need 8 salt mechs for this mission

This post will never not crack me up

Bump

Shit, I don't remember MW4 Mercs all that well. Are missions dynamically generated ala Titan of Steel: Warring Suns?

i hope theres robots in this one

no they are not rng missions and i did figure out how to win everything (go buy 6 salt mechs and fuck shit up) so in otherwords i think ima just going to drop it.

Does their kikery know no bounds? It's not like they have a share in the CBT player market, good fucking God. Not to mention that application is an overwrought piece of aging Java shit that uses Swing for fuck's sake. I actually had to fix a major bug involving adding jump jets to a custom chassis because I was GMing a CBT Mercs campaign and one of my players couldn't make his Mech in the editor properly. It was a bog fucking simple mistake too, not updating UI elements in the update loop. Good thing I happen to be a professional programmer.

I thought that Mercs' missions were a step down from Vengance's and Black Knight's. The missions in those games involved more caution and discretion whereas the missions in Mercs are almost all straightforward head-on battles where victory is dictated only by how well you configure your squad, not through the tactical decisions you make during the mission. In Vengance and Black Knight there are missions where you can go out of your way to climb surrounding mountains to gain an advantage on the enemy and there's a lot more moments where you have to pull back and use cover (buildings or terrain) to survive.

Russians made a patch or crack that somehow, magically, fixes most of those problems.

New gameplay