10/10

Find a flaw. You can't.
This is the quintessential Zelda game at its finest.

Sorry but Skyrim of the Wild is not MY Zelda, it is a fraud and goes against the essence of the game

It is a remake of a superior title.

Instead of finding an item in the first half of a dungeon that opens up the second half, you buy the item before you go in.
The game is good, but not flawless. Don't be a faggot an make threads like this.

He is absolutely right. The extra shit feels forced as fuck when compared to the original.

Not an argument.

This is better than the original, which was clunky and Link was overweight.

3DS

FPBP

It's easy, all the items available at the start offering little surprise or sense of advancement through dungeons

Great game op, I found the overall game very smooth, responsive, loved the challenge dungeon.

It was fun but holy shit you're a fucking faggot, OP.

Fucking 10/10 tastes.

Open world and being able to do a dungeon in any order at the expense of being horribly dumbed down and easy. At least it's pretty to look at. It's basically the skyrim of zeldas.

The fact it's a partial remake will at the very least make me wonder how much better it could have been if they had simply had an original overworld.

But I can't shake the feeling that if it hadn't done that we'd get another toon-link touchscreen game.

Alright faggot you want a serious response? Here's one for you.

The game is inferior in a number of ways. It removes a lot of the cool shit from the original for no perceivable reason. Where the fuck are the bombos, ether and quake medallions? The game as a whole is extremely casualized in its puzzles and its combat. If you've ever played a Zelda you will not have a game-over in it as fairies are plentiful as all fuck. You will never struggle for more than a 3-7 minutes max with a puzzle. The sense of exploration is reduced from the original as well due to how much of its identity is based off it, and the rewards are lessened as well. The additions also make it feel more "gamified" as opposed to a full experience (the survival minigame at the tower and the fucking baseball minigame, which was arguably the most challenging part about the game at all).
The game is too lighthearted. It feels like its for children, especially when compared to the original. The Dark World actually feels dark in Link to the Past. My heart was twisted when I found out about what happened to the flute kid after talking to his father. Lorule feels like a meme for the most part. Its decent, but only because it takes so much from the original, basically the entire world. You can tell how much care and effort went into crafting each screen of that fucking game. In this one it feels like they ported it to 3D, removed anything that might make it feel uncomfortable or lonely for kiddoes (you never feel alone in this game like you did in Link to the Past) and it just disappoints. The painting mechanic is okay but for the last boss it feels like a cheap sort of
"Hey look at this new mechanic we've added, pretty cool eh?!". It makes a 2.5D game feel one-dimensional in a manner of speaking when its overused in certain dungeons, which it is. They also changed much of the dungeon design for the worse precisely because of this "dynamic" design change you mentioned which ends up making it feel like easy as fuck shit to play through with nothing rewarding to it. Heart containers aren't fucking rewarding when I could get them in the original in much the same way, usually with tougher puzzles behind them and tougher enemies as well that actually made them rewarding.
Now don't get me wrong, I actually liked the game but these are all glaring flaws present inside of it.

I agree with you except for that last part. That title still belongs to breath of the wild.

>>>/todd/

The Skyrim of 2d Zeldas then.

Reasonable

π•³π–Šπ–Žπ–‘ π–π–Žπ–ˆπ–™π–”π–—π–Žπ–†!

Suffering

That witch, Irene, was hella cute though. And her theme was pretty nice too.

Who the fuck do you think you are?
She's basically just Maple.

It's a Zelda game. Zelda is a lame IP.

The essence of Zelda is and always have been having a grand adventure and saving the world from the ultimate evil. A Link Between Worlds takes as much liberty in the formula as BotW while still conserving the essence of it as well. Sounds more like you don't like BotW because it's popular, or more popular than ALBW. I give you that BotW doesn't have as much content as it should, but comparing it with Skyrim is retardad.
Comparing it with GTA is probably a lot more accurate, and then BotW manage to have enough mechanics of itself to be it's own thing.

The only thing I don't like is that I can't 100% it. That chicken minigame to unlock the big cucco will always be the TOUGHEST shit to unlock in ANY Zelda title.
A cucco that can show up in the ending credits, mind you, whose absence mocks my inability to do so without cheating.

Nice meme.

tl dr

tl;dr it's shit because it's made for casuals who want to say "I beat LttP too! XD"

druly ebig

Breath of the Wild is this game's gimmick but better.
This game is dramatically improved by making essentially, ALL ITEMS disposable. With the Meter system it doesn't matter IF you rent everything since, Everything will effectively work optimally forever.
And the item upgrades are totally negligible except for the streetpass feature, which is ridiculously shit with the highest end shadow links GENUINELY CHEATING as a challenge.

This is fucking minigame was some Touhou motherfucking bullshit right here. The eternal bane of my completionist existence.
FUCK YOU, GIANT CUCCO

In addition Breath of The Wild was built from the ground up with the pickup/drop weapon system instead of just hoping you would at least get bumped off once per dungeon to lose your rental gear and follow the Dungeon Money curve cleanly which, if you are to make the comparison WAY BACK to the handheld Zeldas did not account for the player dying repeatedly into the money curve for the game.

The amount of nintentards on this board is horrifying.

Cry about it faggot, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Remake of ALTTP without any sense of difficulty or item progression

Until their dad takes their gameboys away.

The disposable items are mostly just for attacking/crafting though. The actual important stuff… (the runes you get during the beginning of the game.) Those are the same kind of items you'd rent from ravio or just find normally in any other Zelda dungeon. You're practically given everything you need within 30 minutes so it's not really done any better in my eyes. In fact it's a huge waste.

The one thing the game truly needed was having more important things to find in the overworld and actual dungeons to find them in. I don't care if it took them another year to get it done, it would have resulted in a much better game.

I really want to best it now.

You would be right, but, there are several better ways to solve puzzles than the provided items, it doesn't exactly spell it out but there is a ridiculous amount of use you can get out of the boomerangs/hammers/Deku leaves/Chu Jellies.

making nearly every tool available in a shop made every chest either dosh or reagents for potions that you'll never need if you're any kind of decent
dungeons overfocus on their themed tool
most secret chambers on the overworld just lead to puzzles whose only reward is more dosh

good thing the gameplay is actually good or it'd be PH tier

autism

It's entirely fair, considering making the game less complicated for casuals came at the expense of the utility of items.

it's just more intuitive and fun

Maybe, but I don't really see how that would get in the way with putting those runes to better use and making a better game overall… instead of just handing them to you.

It's by definition less intuitive.
It tells you what to do. Do you not know what intuition means?

Honestly, they REALLY shouldn't have given you all the runes at the start. If I could have made a change it would have been only putting the magnesis shrine on the Plateau.

What's the right answer to item progression then?

Do what LBW did but instead of a store, hide the shit away. If you explore and do things correctly, you can go in any order

so, do what breath of the wild did

Go full breath of the wild or do traditional item progression.
Don't try to do both at the same time because they are contradictatory systems.

That's what I thought. It just seems like people are going to bitch no matter which way it goes. Too bad Nintendo can't just have an A and B series of Zelda, where one is 2D and has smaller, more frequent releases to please traditional fans. It always ends up as some puzzle gauntlet hybrid.

Also, just curious.
Anyone else think it's weird how Bombs were a rune in breath of the wild? Honestly a more sensible option to me seems to be having Bomb Flowers in the environment and harvestable. Especially when you consider that they bothered to put bomb arrows in.

it's because bombs are incredibly useful in that game and they didn't want you to spam them
making them a rune instead of a bomb flower allows more freedom of gameplay without allowing too much cheese
i'd go kill the gold lynel in the coliseum with three hearts right fucking now if i could just cheese the shit out of him with bombs

You can effectively have no cooldown if you upgraded your bombs and switch between the two, how exactly would having bombs as an item make them cheesable.

They need an A, B, and C branch of Zelda games.
3D open-world overworld with linear dungeons (that can be done out of order if you're good enough)
2D top-down games that are more traditional and
2D side-scrollers Zelda 2 style because it's a travesty there aren't more games like that and Battle of Olympus and that other one I always forget the name of.

Pretty good bait. Link between worlds is as much of a non-zelda game as BotW, but the latter is at least good at doing its own thing. Worlds is just
If you like this abortion, you have no right of speaking like you like Zelda. Fuck off.

I feel like if they didn't do the dumb ass item rental thing, it would have been a much better game. It completely sapped any form of accomplishment and progression.

feels like im alone, playing a dead, offline mmorpg. Already had that experience in skyrim.

Link between Worlds is actually a zelda game, it just gives you a bunch of items to play with at the start, way more fun and dymanic that way. Also the 2D painting mechanic is clever

The world did feel dead, but it kind of fit the narrative. It definitely should have had actual villages and farmlets instead of the stables though, and real indoor areas to explore. Although I'm loathe to mention it, being able to upgrade the little settlements so they could defend themselves at night would have been cool if it made more options available later, such as blacksmiths that can repair damaged weapons, or craft entirely new ones out of materials.
Instead we got what feels like a production test for a new Zelda game, and not the finished product.

Breat of the Wilderness has no items.

How about no. It's bad enough having to break half your inventory from stasis mechanics.

No, it's shit.

By allowing you to visit dungeons in any order, they made another, big, mistake: the game doesn't get harder as you go, but rather easier. Each dungeon in a tier is roughly the same difficulty level. As much as I love the idea of a game with almost no progression blockers aside from skill and a whole bunch of secrets, the game doesn't really use it to its advantage.

It's not Link's Awakening.

Yea..that one is definitely up there. I still cry. =(

LBW biggest flaw is that it is just LttP with item rental and a painting gimmick. Not that either a game with the gimmick or a straight remake of LttP would have been bad on their own but combined they dilute each other.

This could have been a port of a great game with expanded content and secrets, rewarding players of the original while still having surprises, or at least a challenge mode to spice things up.

This could have been a new world with a more original setting with areas or dungeons based on real world painters (Claude Monet river basin area, Picasso color based abstract dungeon etc). Factions of artist wizards must be united to stop Ganon from binding the good of the world into paintings could have been a cool plot to justify the theme. The paint sections could have been extended into rooms like the sidescrolling sections of the Oracle games. Item rental could have been more important like limiting the number of items or having more quests to get items/upgrades.

Instead we got LttP made easier with some interesting but flawed ideas. Item rental is cool but it ends up being less impactful when all of the dungeons are made the same difficulty. Incentive to explore the world is lessened do to fewer rewards in the same map as LttP. The painting mechanic is only for exploring and some puzzles and doesn't live up to its full potential.

Overall it is a good game and I do like the item rental but the lack of difficulty towards the end as well as the copying of the LttP map make this game seem more of an experiment with concepts than a game that can stand on its own.

8.5/10

The buying dungeon items mechanic seemed neat in concept since it allowed you do do them in any order you wanted, but it actually holds the game back because the game needs to assume any dungeon could be the players first which removes any difficulty curve and dungeons have to be designed with puzzles that only ever use the associated item, resulting in them being really bland.

>if the 999.99 second limit is reached, the Cucco Girl will stop Link and comment about how he managed to dodge all the Cuccos for such an amount of time, giving him the title of the Cucco Master and 3,000 Rupees. A large Cucco will then appear outside the ranch which only comes out in a blue moon, throwing hearts at Link if he gets close and talks to it. This [giant cucco] is also shown in the end credits.
It only appears for like 2 seconds in the credits. I know that something so insignificant shouldn't matter so much to me. BUT GODAMMIT, IT DOES! I loved this game and it pains me that I haven't 100 percented it yet.

Still though. The more I think about this game, the more fond memories come to mind. Like when Ravio revealed himself at the end, I found myself laughing a little because the reveal caught me way off guard. Or like the moment how I fully didn't trust Thief Girl at first (ALttP players should know why), only to have my expectations toyed with yet again.

The game simply just didn't feel like your typical, usual cash grab. It felt like a nostalgic love letter to anyone who loved A Link to the Past, all the way through to the end.

haha

I bet you also believe that Battlefront II dindu nuffin wrong.

How old are you, OP?

Do you think she ever farts while link is riding behind her? Haha what do you think the farts smell like haha?

why does that matter

Why are you afraid to say?

Enjoy your ban.

why are you afraid to explain why that matters

20? Too high or too low?

I love pretty much every Zelda game, but this one kind of disappointed me.

fucking newfags, thats why!

no u

fair points but compared to other zeldas its still probably the best, or top 3
3D zeldas are gay

shine!