Most retarded problems

What are the most retarded problems you have ever had with a game

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_2#Saints_Row_2_running_too_fast_at_1.5x_speed
archive.is/rILZb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Having to install Internet explorer for the game to work.

You need to delete music and sound effects to stop the game from lagging.

DMC3 PC was done by Ubisoft but still Capcom again
Hopefully DMC HD collection on PC won't turn out shit.

That's what you deserve for paying for ROMs

I did pay
I love challenge missions though.

I don't understand how some games can manage to fuck up turning off.

Fuck, I should have searched sooner.

thats what you get for not emulating

That fucking glitch in dark souls 2 where a door that's suppose to open in response to killing something doesn work, completely killing any chance of progression on that save even after they patched it, was rather stupid.
I did accidentally find a way past it though, by killing something then immediately exiting and reloading the game. For whatever reason this triggers the flag to open the door.

That was DaS you mongol

Already said I'm playing for the challenge missions.
Tell me this webm isn't cool. You need to be able to quickly tell what Mega Man game you swtich to, in order to take advantage of that games tools.

It was DaS2, even after people told them about the bug in DaS1. They're response was "it's working as intended", but lo and behold when the 60fps remaster came out for consoles the bug was magically fixed.
Guess it wasn't working as intended after all…

Best feature they added in the remake, I love having my only weapon break mid smelter demon fight. It goes so well with getting stuck in the wall of his arena.

You might be mixing it up with the bug where if you pumped the game to 60fps you would go twice as fast during invasions, and when jumping for some reason.

Terraria sort of

I guess that's what I get when using wine

>Skyrim with mods
Had no fucking idea what the problem was for the longest time since I couldn't even repeat the crash with any level of regularity.

Gee, you ever get the feeling that japs don't give a fuck about PC because they're all autistic cunts? Of course it's working by design, they want you to kill yourself and die for playing on the PC instead of their inferior system.

Fuck I remember the game not working and thinking that installing IE was a retarded solution, I did it after running out of ideas and it fucking worked. What the fuck.

didnt the same people who made the mega man legacy collecton also release a street fighter 4 on modern consoles half finished at launch? Other ocean? Theres your problem there.

fuckin a

>it exists

I remember back in days almost every single MMOs from Gookland requires you to install Active X through IE. And nothing have changed still today.

published |= done

Fucking Blood Dragon

It was dark souls 3 having no hitboxes for me.
Turns out it was a problem with certain AMD cpu where your hitbox remains at the last bonfire you were at and for enemies at the place where they spawn, so if any one of you moves from those positions you just end up ghosting through one another, only way to kill enemies being to "drag" them to their original position.
Surprising no one, this problem has been present since launch and still hasn't been fixed.

Saw this on my friend's Xbone. What?

Stop using an xbone.

The first game also broke if you tried to slide down a ladder while running the game at 60fps. The longer the ladder, the greater the chance that you'd get off a fair distance below the ground and subsequently die.

Early access garbage is more deserving of a place on Steam.

trying to run mechwarrior last week

How about uninstalling IE to make world in conflict work?

Ah man I forgot about that, which reminds me of another one from DS1.
The buffer system for inputs is really wonky in the first game, raising or lowering your shield at the same time as preforming another action can cause said input to "buffer" causing it to trigger with the next action you take.
Say you try to use an eastus and you lower your guard at the same time, it will "buffer" that chug and trigger it on your next input so long as said input isnt a roll, start, or an item switch. so say if you go up and try to attack, it'll cause a chug instead.
This retarded glitch has gotten me killed alot in retrospect and was much more noticeable when I went through the game recently.

How about this

I've tried all kinds of fixes and shit and nothing works. I've given up on it.

Dark Messiah suddenly started doing this.

Also, this game does not even start for me despite me installing nvidia physics.
At least i got it as a gift.

Also
You usually see the second one a lot with jap devs that can't code for shit.

And again

As someone who mainly plays Jap games this thread is really starting to make me scared of PC gaming.

The more popular the platform is and the more games are on said platform, the more likely you are to run into problems

PC is by far the most popular gaming platform because its legacy spans multiple console generations, so the probability that you're going to encounter retarded issues approaches 100

That was fixed by incrementing a single value by 1. Of course the guy who fixed it was banned for sharing how to do it.

The advantage consoles have other PC is fiability and ease of use. It used to be a gamble whether you'd be able to run a game at all, especially if you didn't have a very powerful PC.
This has smoothed over considerably over the recent decade though. Consoles now require installing, and the hardware requirement have mostly peaked. If you have 8gb RAM and a good-ish graphics card, you can reasonably be expected to run anything barring some cases of abysmal optimization like Arkham Knight. It's telling the main points of contention for PC users as of late are denuvo, steam, and 60 fps. We have nothing else left to bitch about.

Is there any trace of that fix anywhere?

Can't find shit on it anymore because of internet cocksuckers. You need to hex edit the ISO and play it on a CFW PS3.

I was actually one of the first users on Holla Forums to post it here, only problem is the fix for CFW was uploaded as a patch on a few websites which have since died and disappeared into the nether, it was a 1kb package that was installed on CFW that fixed install data, but as stated earlier a hex edit on the game file itself can fix it.

NISA really didnt want this fix out for whatever reason, and 100 knights may have helped the CFW scene get a lot bigger.

>Have to turn my keyboard setting from FIN to ENG
Possibly the weirdest one I ever had.

You have to do something similar for Japanese games, so it's not that odd.

Any details at all on what you're supposed to edit, I can't seem to find shit.

I had to use a cheat engine and give myself super sanic speed

The spell that causes PS3s to overheat is a goddamn fire spell. a fucking fire spell.

Its one of the starter spells apparently, it just would keep running commands and overheat.

This is some in-house meme magic level shit

Suuuuuure

I keep wanting to play the new(er) version of Kerbal Space Program, but there's some weird shit going on with the config file.

Every single time I start the game, it reloads the config file in the user files by overwriting it with the one in the install files. This reverts all the custom controls and graphics options I put in the last time I played, which takes me like ten minutes to redo. It kills most of my desire to play, because I hate redoing shit.

I've looked everywhere, and can't figure out why the fuck this keeps happening. The only thing I found on google was some kind of error caused by using a game controller, which I am not doing (just kb+m).

Try setting the config file to read-only after setting it up. Alternatively, overwrite the one in the install files with your own.

I understand in this acronym that the D stands for Dark and the S stands for Souls. What does the A stand for fellow redditor?

Since you acknowledge where you are from I will spoonfeed your stupid ass.

The game feels way easier because of an indescribable solidity to the mechanics, but that shit get's infuriating, especially during boss fights.

Why are you playing that shit when the games run just fine on emulators? (and probably better than whatever that Capcom hackjob is)

Have to reduce my computer down to something equivalent to a single core Pentium at 300MHz for Saints Row 2 to not run at sanic speeds.

The CPU speed patch worked well when I played it a while back, if I remember right. Would you be up for co-op at all?

If there is a patch i didnt know about it because i stopped playing shortly after release. Didnt know multi still worked, didnt it use GFWL?

>Had to copy a speedrun video and beat the dungeon and bosses in one visit

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_2#Saints_Row_2_running_too_fast_at_1.5x_speed
It is gamespy according to most sources. There a unofficial rework of it however lan is thankfully another option. Shame that the first is stuck as a xbox exclusive and violation has moved onto the more outlandish side.

The euro version doesn't have the bug iirc

REEVALUATE YOUR FUCKING LIFE: YOU BOUGHT AN XBOX

then a couple of months later

is this a ploy to get me to buy Civ VI?

Civ 5 is a buggy mess, but civ 6 is just a garbage game.

i'll wait for a sale and pick up civ vi eventually, but i fucking hope they don't start shoving in female leaders just to appease nu-males and """women""".

nigger i just told you not to pick up that game because it's trash and you still want to do it

Thank god I'm always using a VM when i play
fangames.

nigger i said i would for a sale that way i could judge the game for myself and not have to spend as much money to make that judgment

Bad news on the women/SJW front.

archive.is/rILZb

how are people this retarded
just pirate it you inbred retard
is it really so fucking hard

Also
I love I of the Dragon to death but that issue is just fucking bullshit because everything else in the game works flawlessly.

i mean i understand why some prefer to pirate their games. sometimes the asking price for a game is ridiculious. sometimes the game itself is obscure af and you don't feel like shelling out hundreds for a single game. i buy games most of the time when i can get a really good deal and also because of the convience.

Don't. Get CIV4 instead. Best game in the series with the best mods too. Check out Caveman2Cosmos.

You forgot the part where hitting a corpse bled durability like crazy.

Recently? I think they fucked something up when they did something to the servers about a year ago. The last time I tried replaying it only (nine months ago?) I had awful problems in Stonefang, there were a few times I'd run into a room and the wall and floor textures wouldn't load at all, or the weapon models wouldn't load when I switched weapons. It should be fixed by just playing offline.

Yeah I've been playing it offline and none of this lagging has happened again so far. It only happens when there is too much shit on the screen as of now. I got it a few days ago because I wanted to see if I could get into Dark Souls after beating Demon's Souls. I like it and it seems to be easier than the other games. Although I have defeated only the giant metal fucker, the mecha spider thing and Phalanx. I did fuck around in the other worlds for a bit and the enemies seem to telegraph their moves in an exaggerated way and they actually stagger when I smack their shit around.