Killing children in vidya

Let's talk about killing children in videogames and how much fun it is.

It's a very rare detail that is absent from most videogames. Killing children is what separates the wheat from the chaff when it comes to vidya.
Despite my best attempts to massacre the first child I came across in Fallout 4, it quickly became apparent that it wasn't going to happen, and I realized right away it's going to be a shit game. Same thing happened in MGS V where they force you to not kill those little nigger faggots. It's bad enough that you can't kill children, but they had to go and make them nigger children as well!
Deus Ex though, now that's a game! A game where not only can you kill children but you can also gib their bodies. And to top it all off, they have the best death screams.

What games do you know where the devs didn't cave to moralfaggotry when it comes to this detail?

Most famous has to be Fallout 1/2, if only because if you don't use the patch where children are re-added, the game is kinda fucked at parts.

While ultimately I do think it's a weird concept to have all children in games be effectively invulnerable.
OP you're a edgelord faggot.

Seriously user, what wrong with you?

Is there any law that makes killing little brats in vidya illegal? Because it's something that has great potential in both story-telling and fun, but always is absent.
Are devs just massive pussies afraid of losing the irrelevant percentage of potential costumers?

I'm not in a state of arrested development post my kid brother taking my Gameboy.

Moralfaggotry and AO ratings.

In fallout 3 I specifically downloaded the killable kids mod so I could mininuke this faggot. What an annoying cunt. I melted his dog too. That's what you get for being a pathblocking bitch.

They made that child actor record screams of pain, think about that.

No, I just don't like my freedom and fun being restricted because a board of faggots got their panties in a bunch.
Having children be invincible is my most massive pet peeve. Especially in those games that are being marketed based on how much freedom they give you in their open-world cuntbox.

You already know the answer to that question user. And the answer is infuriating.

That guy was a real fucking asshole. In fact, that entire village deserved death.

As long as moralfags aren't told about it (since they don't actually play games), it's not a big deal. Deus Ex: Invisible War allowed it but you never hear anyone mention that.

Just another parasite

I'd be surprised if it wasn't straight up illegal in Germany

Germany is essentially a dystopia at this point, it doesn't count.

If they're in the game they shouldn't be invulnerable. Dunno why Bethesda tried to have it both ways. Just leave them out if you don't want people killing them.

Of course not.

You being wrong doesn't mean it doesn't count. It means you're wrong.

that pic is so fucking hot

Kids are obnoxious retarded little shits that know exactly what they can get away with.

OP talked like a retarded edge faggot and I should know what edgy is, but it isn't wrong to want to kill the worst faggots we've seen in games and other media over the years. The little shits literally leave people to die or would kill them just for selfishness.

Just fucking mod it.

You'd think all this controversy baiting developers would be more than happy to cross this line for free publicity.

You’re trying too hard.

Flash games from 2005 did child killing better than all the games post 2010+

That only line developers aren't willing to cross is the ESRB's. Believe me, if EA thought they could make more dosh from child killing, that's what they would do.

This post I can actually agree with

I want my fucking flash back.

What I specifically hate about not being able to kill children, is that the developer will then go out of their way to fucking rub it in your face like in fallout 3. If you're going to do that, don't put them in at all or else make them kill-able.

It isn't so much of a detail that I think games lack but a detail that makes the games it's in better. It shows that the dev and publisher want the player to have more freedom. When the crosshairs go dim or pull away and disable your gun while aiming at children it feels very restrictive. There should be a setting in more games to toggle killing children on or off. It isn't something that's missing, but it also doesn't need to be present.

I am a Higurashi fanboy, so now that I think about it I guess I must be OK with children being killed in video games.

I really don't like kids myself so I would really like a game that has a setting where kids are viewed by the general population as being repugnant so bystanders will praise you if you were to grab kids by the ankles, thrash them around on the pavement, break their elbows, and snap their necks. I would also appreciate it if this hypothetical setting had giant wasps that were attracted to slutty women in heat wearing belly dancer outfits so they would abduct them, take them back to their lairs where they would inject their stomachs with their offspring to use as incubators and they'd kick and scream as the wasps bore their way out of their bodies.

I agree

good shit

Back in Skyrim, back when the devs were so adamant about adding child murdering to their new Elder Scrolls game, I think I remembered that Bethesda backed off on the concept because a US court and judge told them that they legally couldn't add such a thing. At least, not without obtaining the M-rating necessary to be legally sold on Valve, Sony, Microsoft platforms. (Which usually avoid AO-rated games like the plague.)
I can't seem to find the article regarding this judicial action taken against Bethesda, but I do remember that that's the reason they backed off on the idea.

In games where children and minors get visibly killed:
Final Fantasy VI, where Kefka poisons a Cyan's wife and child, which he then discovers their cold lifeless bodies. The ironic thing is that NES/SNES era Nintendo were huge censorship freaks during this time, but THIS somehow made it past the censors? lol
Bioshock, where you can "absorb" the children instead. But honestly, this is just pussyfooting around delivering an actual, gruesome death.
Pico's School, the flagship flash game of Newgrounds' creator, Tom Fulp, where it cartoonishly depicts a graphic murder spree at happening at an elementary/middle school.
Yandere Simulator, if it ever gets released, will feature teenagers get killed. Hitman style.

Pretty sure you can kill pretty much everyone, including children in most Ultima games.

I remember there being this huge controversy over Newgrounds, partly over Pico's School. Several groups tried to get it shut down or censored. But back then, Newgrounds content creators just mocked them with flash movies/games. And all that happened was that Newgrounds became even more popular.

Teenagers aren't the same thing as kids and you fucking know this. It's also nothing special with teen characters dying. It happens in JRPGs and tons of fucking anime.

Maybe post the true version next time faggot homo op.

Making them so fucking smug and invulnerable in the base game was really annoying. Glad mods and consoles can fix it.

OP i know you want to kill yourself but this is getting out of hand

yet

Didn't Invisible War let you kill little girls then look up their skirts?

This, i wouldn't mind not being able to kill children in games if they didn't make them be such assholes, heck, most of the times i wouldn't even realize you can't kill children if they wheren't annoying little pricks

So? Plenty of movies do the same.

Didn't kikethesda remove the ability to kill kids in later digital releases of Fallout 1 & 2?

I don't think Valve cares about rating.

Drakengard 1. Whole levels devoted to hunting down child soldiers (who have annoying movesets that just make you want to kill them even more, especially while Leonard is watching).

Too lazy to Webm but this is the only thing that makes Skyrim fun.

kek

Yeah man, i really loved when i was 14 too.

I suspect it's only a matter of time before big studios start flipping the bird to the ESRB and just start releasing "unrated" games. Only Nintendo primarily sells to ACTUAL children anymore, so they have nothing to gain by abiding by their restrictions. Also, physical copies of games are on their way out. It's just like every comic publisher has dropped following the CCA in the last couple of decades.

If it makes no sense for a game to have no children, and for them not to be killable, the game should have children, and they should be killable. Simple as. It's always weird as fuck when open world games have no kids, and weirder still when they can't be hurt. It doesn't even have to be a big deal, if you don't make a big deal of it. I don't think anyone blinked back when Deus Ex came out. The squeamishness over this is incredibly strange, especially in an age where Game of Thrones is the most popular thing on TV.

Let this happen more to Australia than anywhere else.

Try suicide.

That's the thing; It's not supposed to be a big deal. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it but it's just a small thing. It's the asshole devs who have made a big deal out of it by pretending they are shining examples of morality and that they will take a stand against implementing such vile features by robbing games of their realism and the player of their freedom.

That was the worst. Not only are the kids unkillable, but the characters clearly act like they know they are immortal.

People always forget this scene, surprised it got through ratings boards

hopefully not, all the griefing in GMod and Minecraft would go to waste

brings back fond memories of that game

RWS devs were asked about the lack of children in Postal games. They explained that Vince Desi made it clear from the beginning that their games can mock and defile just about anything, but children are to be left out of this mess. Mike J and few other guys really wouldn't mind adding kids to the game.

TV is a passive medium, you just watch other people do the bad things. In games you're given the agency and you have to make an active decision to kill or harm anyone. That's why they freak out. If somebody made a proper CP simulator where you have full control over the kids, you'd see normalfags completely forget about regular CP.

I think Kindergarten made it clear that killing children was basically the entire premise, making a fool of anyone trying to attack it with a morality mob. It'd be like trying to burn Tetris because falling bricks can hurt people.

For all I hate about Fallout 3 - children being unkillable in what is meant to be a murderous nightmare and all - getting child enslavement past the censor boards was a fucking delight.

It's good to see the proof pile up, year on year, that they really only exist as a layer of appeasement bureaucracy. To me it means there's going to be a point where their actions are continually indefensible for so long the whole thing becomes as intolerable as age ratings and bans on the written word.

Then the floodgates are opened, and no amount of hysteria will make enough people care enough to demand regression.

Fuck off jew

Was that the meaning of the scene? The shitty graphics make it hard to tell.

The meaning is that the protagonist always felt he was the good guy the whole game. He's just killing people possessed by demons. By the end level, he's killing kids who don't aren't dangerous and he can't deal with that. They fuck it up in the Redux by having him hallucinating about his coffin being lowered into a grave.

I like where this is going.

Get help.

You could kill a classroom full of little girls and drape their bodies on the stage at the front of the class in Invisible War.

Dark Days Ahead lets you kill kiddie zombies and gives you a morale penalty unless you're sociopathic.

Really makes u think.

god i wish that were me

Im sure we can assist with the gutting part, not so much the fucking part though.

I'd love a game about being a white mercenary in some African shithole and killing niglet "soldiers".

Guts and Glory comes to mind. Screams and everything.

It is really fucking annoying when I'm playing some freeroam game and you come across an unkillable NPC, and they are almost always children.

HURRRRR CAN I RAPE YOUR DOG AND YOUR SISTER? WHAT ARE YOU A MORALFAG????

/thread
check em

You could make some war games brutal by having children in different factions murdered by soldiers of opposing forces.

FTFY.

Stop reading Berserk, user

What the hell is going on in the manga?

Trolls kidnap girls to rape them and have babies who are birth in a Alien-like way.
After the birth, the trolls just throw the bodies down a ravine.

Go read Berserk.

Thats just hentai at this point

Eh, it's just one scene. The doujins are better.

The entire point of setting up the ESRB was to avoid government regulation, dummy.

SCM RPG was pretty cool

now instead we have corporate regulation, much better :^)

That whole village was pure shit.

You get rid of the ESRB and Sony, MS and Nintendo are just going to come up with their own shit systems, which will probably just be rigged to give them a financial advantage somehow and probably screw over small publishers even more than the ESRB. It's corporations all the way down.

did you really think this through

They're not going to allow unrated or AO level games. Console makers are already the ones who keep those games off consoles, not the ESRB. Do you really think a ratings system run by MS or Sony would be better than the current one?