Okami HD is 30fps locked

Okami HD is 30fps locked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TKv8P9r_nNw?t=1303
svp-team.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not like I was ever going to pay for it or anything. The real question is, how much did they inflate the file size?

It didn't even need an HD re-release to begin with so this isn't really big news tbh.

Translation:

But it was a PS2 game you idiots.

They are working with code from the shitty PS3 port that guts the ending.

you're talking about a game that has had its logic built for FBR. Please shut the fuck up you idiot.

Well then why wouldn't I just emulate the PS2 game in high resolution?

Then what's the fucking point of this release
Some random bedroom programmer will most likely put out a fan fix and get it running properly on 60 fps before these hired clowns can do anything about it.

Working off a broken port instead of porting it using the more accurate Wii/PS2 sourcecode? I can't be bothered to shell out my bucks for a product they can't be bothered to put some good fucking effort in. At this point there's no reason why I couldn't just emulate the Wii version using Dolphin.

No you fuck off; I'm right.

Doubt it, since DaS which was infinitely more popular, still doesn't have a proper 60FPS fix that doesn't break certain things.

Another case of putting business logic in the render loop.

Okay Capcom.

DaS was such a shitty port, jesus.

Are there any advantages to doing that, or is the nip devs can't into programming meme correct?

Agreed but I still love it as a shiteating, shameless soulsfag

Yeah fuck off you retard.

Performance by the cycle

But emulation is illegal user!
Why wouldn't you emulate the wii game in high resolution so you don't have to deal with pcxs2?

Wii version is inferior

The advantage is that all the logic runs separately from the rendering. It's a difference between "can I render a frame right now?" and "must I render a frame right now?" in regards to performance.

With the business logic separate from that it's actually hard to fuck up your physics and collision detection since they aren't being directly tied to each frame.

yet doesn't take advantage of something that is designed implicitly for enhance performance by the cycle
seriously go fuck yourself

You can emulate if you own the game and the system.

B-but 60fps is so nice ;_;
Good programmers could do 60fps without a "hurculean" effort.

Yeah the console if you prefer but emulation isn't limited to consoles.

I think his point was, why emulate if you have both the game and the system. The point of emulation is getting around not having the system, and a lot of the time, the game either

b-but japanese games are superior

That's not how it works.

D2 and the xpack are locked to 25 fps
numerous game mechanics are tied to the frames

for example, many of the sorceress' fire spells deal damage per frame

now of course they shouldn't have designed okami around having 30 FPS, but how much stuff in the game do you think may be tied to the FPS in okami?

ok

Okami is an old game. That was not a decision made in current year +2.

i dont mind 30fps games as long as they are stable

Well I guess I can accept this. Its a better excuse than cinematic bullshit.

Even Hyper Light Drifter, a game made with the babby tier game maker "engine", was eventually patched for 60fps. Boycott this lazy piece of shit port. It's not even about being a framerate whore, it's about the fact that they're not putting a modicum of effort into it.

Well, oka-

Okay then, I'll just emulate the vastly superior PS2 version of the game and have it run both better and at higher framerate than the shitty "HD" release.

That breaks the game too.

The video showed the logo of the developer, which Capcom had shut down.

Wow! It's fucking nothing.

Yeah so what Clover's gone. It's Platinum Games now, and it's out of the grubby hands of Capcom. Grow up and eat a dick.

why did they bother with this "remaster" if it isn' going to be 60fps?

Watch modders make it work in like a week

They removed THE WHOLE VIDEO because they couldn't edit Clover out.

Yeah just like dark souls. Oh wait.

youtu.be/TKv8P9r_nNw?t=1303

I can emulate if I fucking want to, kike.

Whoa hey this totally goes against yhe accepted narrative, you shill!

The hell did I do?

Word your shit better, I can't tell if you meant they did or they didn't unlock 60fps

are they doing a fucking beamdog shit?!

Oh wait, he was just a lying piece of shit. the OG credits are still in there and the Clover studio logo is gone. Never mind.

I honestly couldn't care less if it isn't 60fps. What I want to know is if the framerate is actually stable and consistent this time around. I found the Wii version in particular to suffer massive drops whenever I ran too fast. (Never played the PS3 version.)

It runs at 720p and is rendered internally at a fixed resolution, comes with absolutely zero graphical settings without mods, LOCKED 30FPS to the game's physics and absolutely terrible optimization for a game from its time when it wasnt even that good looking for its time nor did it use any fancy lightning effects or anything of that ilk. Oh yeah, the horrible KB+M controls, GFWL shit and so on.

Did you know they remade it for Steam?

You just have awful standards

It's a PS2 game from 2006, so I'm willing to forgive it. Still disappointing, but not a dealbreaker. It's not like Tales of Symphonia where a 60fps version already existed but they opted not to use it.

I played through DaS with the framerate unlocked to 60. I don't know what you're on about.

It was removed from the American Wii version.

We were talking about the PS3 port though.

They just removed the GFWL shit, everything else bad about it is stiññ there.

It's old PS2 game almost a decade ago. As long as it supports mouse and keyboard I have no problem.

I like how "ps2 game" for some people means it was developed in technological dark ages.

I think you're missing the point. The PS2 was weak as shit hardware, even for its time. Tying everything to framerate on PS2 is forgiveable to get the most out of that hardware.

user, the engine is old and probably they must spend alot of money to re-code the shit for current standard. It sucks but at least it's not the worst, there are alot of worse porting this gen.

Not really a dealbreaker, but what I'm getting out of this isn't so much that it was a major problem but more that they didn't want to put in any remote effort into a porting job. The writing was on the wall for this since they hadn't mentioned it ever since the announcement, considering the FPS is something devs would jerk off to death with usually while Capcom quietly dropped the "60 fps" thing from their marketing.Glad they at least got the brush working with the mouse at least.

Because there's flickering throughout the game and that looks like shit?
Now the better question is why would you just emulate the PS3 version.

These two statements are mutually exclusive.

How can anyone find 30fps acceptable? The jitteryness for any game involving camera movement drives me fucking insane, it's unplayable.

I just ran it at 60 fps on PCSX2, animations looked fine to me (my first time playing)

When you have to play vidya on a subpar laptop, you learn to adapt.

That's just the render resolution, not the internal resolution.

The PS2 was not weak for the time. But it was hell to code for. Programmers had to be dragged kicked and screaming away from their Dreamcast devkits

resolution=fps

No, it was weak. Both GameCube and Xbox were more powerful.

Yes, but they came later.

Only by one year.

Of course it was fucking weak. Every console ever made has been.

I have shit eyes and brains, is this 30 or 60 fps?

Ok even I know that's retarded

30fps

that's 30fps

ps3 they removed the clover studio. i dont understand why they wouldnt just port it from the ps2 version and just edit it out again if the ps3 code is so ass backwards.

im guessing whatever publisher owns this IP is paying this dev company for an HD release and wanted to do it as cheaply as possible. told them to work with the "already kinda remastered ps3 version" and told them not to fix the framerate since that amount of work would deserve more $$$.

Goddamn you're new

This was always a lazy solution, even consoles aren't guaranteed to maintain a steady FPS (overheating etc).

that must've been after you looked it up since theres no way you were around at this time. 1 year back then in pc or any hardware was a big deal. back when new video card releases meant something.

Diablo 2 is 2D with sprites, it's completely different. Okami is 3D.

Who said a thing about Diablo?

Going by the 60 fps patch for PCSX2, a whole fucking lot.

Was it ever good? It seems like one of those games "gamers" recommend because it's not Zelda so it's okay to recommend it and call it "underrated". Kinda like Beyond Good&Evil and Kingdoms of Amalur.

I played the first two dungeons and I don't know what it is that people like about this game, it's a really boring Zelda clone.

Yes nigger, it's good.

it is to be expected man.
its a really old game that was never intended to be on pc, so the game logic is probably tied to the frame rate

Just kill yourself my dude.

wew get fucked nerds

old PC games have this issue too, truth is it's really not an issue and only spergs (total biscuit) get assblasted about it

BUT IT'S SUPER OLD
PS2 IS WHEN VIDEO GAMES WERE BARELY INVENTED

well, that's very disappointing. I'm glad I didn't pre-purchase

I will still be buying the game, but not at full price. okami is the game that saved my life when I was at my lowest point and I'll never forget that. nothing else before or since has made me weep as deeply as the end of this game.

it ran at 30 FPS on PS2, so it'll be OK. still disappointing though, and comment from dev that the game is "not an action game" is insane. combat is CUHRAZY in a way very similar to DMC or bayonetta games, if a bit easier than those on the whole.

ah well, I can accept it. it's not good, I'm not happy, but it's OK. it's at least not worse than the original game… hopefully

All the other versions had pretty noticeable slowdown at various points, so there's always that.

I wondered what it'd feel like for them to live in a society based around meritocracy without jobs.

Well it's older than you, at least.

This is why the mustard race is nu-nerd tier. You don't know shit about gaming, to you it's just nerd signaling.

"so instead of making a port that doesn't blow ass, we'll just give you this one."

Who are you quoting?

I'm going to assume this is bait, so here's your (You)

You anons need to be at least 18-years old to post on this image board.

Nope.

it aint that hard, moron. Vanquish had this issue too and they fixed it with a patch. okami runs at 60fps on the pcsx2 with no issues whatsoever.

learn the difference between FPS and VPS

If you're not seeing that this is a 60fps hack and that pretty much everything looks sped up you need to get you eyes checked.

How petty…. CAPCOOOOOOMMMMMMMM

t. autism

It's running too fast. I recall the brush moving way slower than that.

Vanquish was a 360/Ps3 game, user.

Explain.

what? I always thought that PS3 port was 60 fps…

Nope 30fps with dips

D2 is a common abbreviation for Diablo II. In single player, the frame rate is capped to 25 fps, but if you create a multiplayer session, either Battle.net or LAN, the frame cap increases to 60 fps.

Jumping distance is shorter when framerate is above 30.

that's nice, user, but you can just pirate it, it's not like the original devs are going to see a penny from this
i know this is port is being done on the cheap, but it's still fucking disgusting to see a port of a port rather than them porting the ps2 version. now the pc version is hamstrung by hacks that were made to get this to run on two separate non-pc architectures.

One year was a lot for electronics back then.

I wanna fuck that tranny in the Jewish fanny

30fps is absolutely okay if the game was built around it gameplay-wise and especially if it was coded as such.
Making an original 30fps game into a 60fps game by force just becuase of the Holla Forums 60fps meme would be the retarded decision.
Building a new 60fps game from scratch now is one thing, but forcibly changing the framerate is something else. Sadly, Holla Forums retards will continue to parrot their '60fps foverever' schtick without knowing what the fuck they're talking about.
And yet you complain about emulation filters and HD texture packs.

Doesn't that usually happen to japanese ports since for some reason they tie framerates to the gamespeed?

It's a problem in a lot of PS2 games have with the 60fps patch in pcsx2.

all versions of okami run at 30fps

That's an exaggeration at best. Removing a dead studio's logo isn't what I'd called "gutting the ending."

The wii version cuts more than just the logo.

Such as?

No ending credits or song

So they removed credits, not the ending itself. Still an exaggeration at best, though can't say I'm happy to hear about that. Then again, didn't the PAL Wii version have the Secret theater that was removed in the PAL PS2 release?

it's a common, very transparent tactic.

Maybe I'm a brainlet but why don't games with 30FPS limitations due to logic use frame interpolation to smooth it out? In Myth projectiles trajectories only updates 30 times per second max so don't fly smoothly, but the fans maintaining the engine allowed their movement to be interpolated and it looks perfect. Does it not work as well when interpolating an entire scene?

Also come to think of it modern Quake source ports interpolate monster movement since the original models only had animation frames modeled for 12(?) FPS I think, this also looks great.

I thought the ps3 version runs at 60FPS.

What fucking planet are you from?

You're a retard.

I play Perfect Dark and Way of the Samurai 4 with a mouse, bite me.

De facto you are correct, but we are talking about word of the law here. Emulation is technically illegal, so long as it's in the unrealistically defined circumstances of owning all the software and hardware that you are trying to emulate. It's a way for people to weasel out of legal responsibility when talking about emulation - "but I have the system and the game, I just want higher framerate/resolution/to stream it!" And thank god this legal hole hasn't been plugged up.

*technically legal

So
Is there any DRM confirmed besides Steamworks?I just want this to be something not tainted by Denuvo…

Nobody care about wii version that run worse than the ps2 version

There’s nothing illegal about emulation and there’s no requirement to own the original hardware. Owning the original game doesn’t make it legal for you to download a ROM, but it’s legal to rip your own. Stop mixing issues up.

Aren't PS2 ISO's actually considered Illegal?

"HD" remakes, ladies and gentlemen.

You only need to jump far in Dark Souls three times if I recall. Once to clear the bridge gap in the Fortress and again to get the Katana in Blighttown and finally the last one is in the DLC forest to get a chunk of armor for strength builds. I may have forgot some but I'de call rebooting the game twice for 3 optional moments a fair trade for 60 FPS. Either way modders certainly pulled it off fairly well. And the jumps aren't actually impossible last I checked because I know for a fact I made the Fortress one with 59FPS cap.

Didn't this game have pretty mediocre sales figures anyway? Why the constant remasters?

It's not even a remake

user, do you hate yourself?

It's illegal to "share" the ISO, its completely legal for you to rip it from the original disc and keep it as personal backup. Copyright law is there to prevent you from distributing your video game copy.

So basically the primary way anybody plays these games anymore? I mean if there's people who go through that legally they're definitely in the minority.

How you play your game is none of my concern, I'm just saying ISO and emulation are not illegal unless you distributed them.

Unless you're talking about DOS era games or shittu console ports you're completely wrong

Old PC games are not tied to framerate, but CPU speed. That's why they used to have the turbo button, it slowed down the whole machine to run old programs correctly.

Okami is one of the easiest, most shallow video games ever made. The game is wonderful in spite of its combat, not because of it.

It's literally just running at twice the speed. Amaterasu's movement speed is way too high, and the brush moves much faster rather than moving more smoothly. This looks unplayable.

Have a look at vid related (no hooktube since it doesn't do 60FPS). Interpolation isn't too noticeable when you're only going from 50 to 60, or when the art style is very clean like in modern and contemporary anime. However, if you interpolate from 30 to 60, then the game becomes cluttered with visual noise and looks blurrier than it otherwise would.

The act of play also worsens, because the game is "showing" you 60FPs, but your inputs are still locked to 30 since you can't interpolate those.

60 fps is a nice cherry on top. All you faggots implying it's absolutely necessary should fuck off back to school.

No hooktube since LGR's good

today in revisionist history

also unreal engine 3 games do it, unreal engine 2, 1 as well.

Wooooooow.

If they put a "slow down" button there, people would take it as negatively.

That was understandably a limitation of the hardware. We have much better hardware now, so we can be pickier.

It makes sense for consoleshit to run like garbage. Here on PC, we have actual standards, and framerate dependance is amateurish and inexcusable.

At this point, DOS is VERY old history.

As usual.

I don't know about this game in particular, but comparing games to trains is pretty fucking stupid. They're more like films (wait, keep reading, don't assume I'm retarded) in regards to Frames-Per-Second. Films shot at 24 FPS don't become suddenly more smooth when you run them at 60FPS, they just run faster (as in, fast-forward). If the game was designed by old (nip) standards, I'm sure it would be a serious pain in the ass to get it running above the 30 it runs at.
That being said, I don't think you guys are totally retarded, but this is an "HD" release which implies they went into the graphics (the textures and models) and made them more expensive, and nicer. It doesn't imply that they went into the engine and made it better, though they theoretically could and perhaps even should.

in the case of ps2 im pretty sure you need the bios. So at least in that case it is illegal to emulate ps2 games when you don't own the console as it is illegal to be shared online.
not like I care either way

and that's an even more stupid comparison. a film at 60fps that wasn't designed as such would either have repeating frames or play faster, you can't just get frames out of your ass, that is not the case with videogames that have real time graphics.

Is there Denuvo?

And it's console's fault!

Are you retarded?
And the cap and physics tie in can be removed with no issues.

Whats with the board fucking up my text again after all this time?
Fucking hell

You can use interpolation and make a movie actually play smoother.

svp-team.com

like chunky gravy rolling down on mashed potatoes kinda smooth, sure.

fuck no, it looks awful.

You are visually impaired if you think that looks anywhere near as good as the original.

Now compare that one with the "new and improved 60FPS" version, which is in actuality only a computer trick to deceive the eye and crowd the image with visual garbage.

Now compare both of them with a cutscene actually designed to run at 60FPS.

I only play console ports if they will get 60 FPS+ (hopefully 120)
If it's locked then what the fuck is the point of porting it?

It seems the result is not so good for anime, but it's fantastic for live action.

Jesus fuck, stop complaining, the human eye can't see beyond PS2 graphics anyway, if they made the game run at 4K or HDR instead of 30fps you wouldn't even tell the difference.

Boy I sure do love the fucking halos of visual aberration around the soldiers' helmets whenever they move around. Boy I sure do love no action having any weight because everything has enough computer bullshit frames for it to slide into place.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

This. I bet you guys think you can hear the difference between mp3 and ssd.

So what's the deal with this bone hurting juice meme?

physically uncomfortable watching that.

its fucking awful for everything. These things are made to a certain spec. Stop upping numbers because you think bigger = better. Fucking idiots.

You don't even have to reboot the game. You can change the framerate cap while the game is running with a hotkey.

Quakespasm still has physics affected by framerate. I can't set the framerate to 144fps without elevators being fucked. Thankfully ezQuake and Q2PRO don't have this issue but they're both meant for MP.

WHERE
IS
THE
FOX
LEWDS

It's right here you double nigger

Straight into the trash

The nips may make good aesthetic decisions, but are actually pretty shitty programmers. not that the west is filled with geniuses, but still

.>>13950834
You know how when Banjo Kazooie got re-released Microsoft edited out the Rare logo and put their logo in instead? It's kinda like that.

She's a wolf you, you DOUBLE NIGGER

Thanks for the warning fam. I was considering PAYING for this game.

I swear to god if you dont post the full version i will chimp out

do it

Eww, too human.

Got the game by pic related but can`t make it work with a controller using x360ce, word of mouth say it doesn`t have native xinput support so only works with steam native controller support

If you're going to rice you could at least do it properly. Or run linux instead of being a windows babby.

only difference between jap programmers is that they aren't held to the same scrutiny than western programmers because they never release any code.

Meanwhile quake has no problems running at any framerate, I can download the original binaries from 1996 and run it however I want. The age of the game isn't an excuse, this has been a solved problem since 3d games were invented.

>being a webdev trash ((((programmer))))

Maybe it's just the recognition of incompetence? The way you fix it isn't by remaking the code, you just find every single constant velocity value and then change the code to multiply it by the current timestep before it's used, each time it's needed. Then, since the constant is actually scaled to a 1/30 timestep, you multiply it by 30. This makes it scale with the framerate. It's actually not very complicated, just annoying to read all the code and find every single constant value not tied to the framerate.

its fucking pain to play it in 30

It wasn't enough to take the creator's credit from them, now the grave is being desecrated. Capcom why

I told my mate who is really into Dota 2 about it and he bought the game instantly, I'm certain it will sell many more copies because of this kind of bullshit and Capcom will think "who gives a shit about the port being low effort lol".

What the fuck? He bought a good $20 game just for some model in a shit game?

fucking hell I feel like it even dips below 30 fps WTF.

Man, you don't even know. People used to buy shit 50 dollar games for TF2 in-game items.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but muh 30fps lock

Companies do this all the time though.

Fucking SEGA released an update for all relic games to remove the THQ introduction and replace it with SEGA.

I imagine it has less to do with outright malice and more to do with (((copyright law))).

Games like Myth use ticks which are constrained to FPS. If you'd change the 30 ticks to 60 without messing with other shit you'll get bugs and double speed instead of just a smoother frame rate.

That's why sources ports or ports in general are handy, they can fix that shit and remove the tick based shit.

Why the fuck is my 360 controller not working for this gay shit? I might as well go back to the PS2 version.

I'll wait for some Slav to fix the port and allow 1080+ 60FPS then pirate this, fuck Capcom.

its ok, some autist will fix it for free anyways

i preordered CS:GO to get the genuine AWPer hand
i also preordered Disgaea on PC to get the Prinny Knife/Hat/Pouch

Finished the thing
right now the issues I encountered are
Can' really fix unless you like doublespeed
Solved by killing desktop composition Win10fags can get fucked
Solved by completing the thing in 2 sitting
solved by not playing vidya for 24ht straight
Can't truly fix as one fix makes the framedip way worse or involves using cuckdaienware.

tl;dr
could be worse

See above, two layer of Vsync make the thing look way closer to 20fps than 30fps

and you're a pleb defending sub-optimal frame rate

None of the original team that made Okami in the first place has worked on these ports and re-releases. Their studio was shut down shortly after the release of Okami because Capcom is run by retards. Only after they kicked out all that talent did they realize the game had a following, so they started milking it, putting Ammy in MvC and making that mediocre DS sequel… But my point is that there's no way these niggers would know how to tear apart the game and make it run better after they've been dragging its corpse through the dirty for the past 11 years.

What the fuck are you going on about?

one really good point is that mouse is superior in calligraphy parts.

I wish there was a mod to turn off the cel shading and make it realistic like this early prototype.

So it's been on PC for a few days now, where the fuck's my mod for a Shiranui skin? Not the bullshit Karmic Transformer without the energy shit, I need the full thing

gay

repent your sins
right now

You have only yourself to blame for being such a cuck.

I'm going to kill you.

that would be fucking stupid. kill yourself

Master Race!

What's the verdict? Is this port worth the money or is it better to emulate it through Dolphin?

also testing webm i made