This game is garbage, holy shit

This game is garbage, holy shit.
How can anyone enjoy this?

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/andrew.rothley
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not talk about thinks you do like instead of focusing on things you don't.

B-BUT IT HAS GENERIC MOESHIT GIRLS!!11!1 HOW CAN ONE DISLIKE IT!
YOU MUST BE A SJW!
SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE

This, but unironically.

I don't like anything about it, it doesn't even have a proper soundtrack to speak of.

For fuck's sake we don't need this thread again. I'm sick of posting the same comment about it.

The Japanese game industry has transitioned from video games to interactive media that is designed to distribute "character based entertainment". In other words, the games don't matter as much to Japanese people as the characters in them. There was a big interview with a developer in Japan a long time ago but I lost the link. All the video game stores are called character stores in akihabara.
It's a cautionary tale.

Ok?

That sounds awful, the last thing I want in my videogames is story over gameplay.

Story isn't even important. They want cute girls doing cute things and the gameplay is minimum viable product to support that.

Japan is doomed vidya-wise. So, do we look to the slavs for vidya?

I fucking hate otaku for allowing this. Time for me to get back to Western gaming.

It's not like western gaming isn't plagued with problems of its own or anything.

At least they still remember to include gameplay.

the lack thereof?

Sure they do.

Like Detroit, or nuGod of War?

Bad example, since walking sims have more "gameplay" than VNs.

do they? I don't think you can argue that gal gun doesn't have game play.

Does that mean videogames are dead in Japan?

Gal Gun looks stupid fun. I may get it.

I mean, they still pump out some big budget stuff but that's mostly bought by westerners.

Pirate it.

They don't though. The average VN has far more choices and endings than the average walking simulator.

It really isn't fun unless you have some very low standards and high tolerance for repetitive gameplay along with generic VN cutscenes.

VNs are pic related in paperback form.

Suddenly the Nip industry makes much more sense.

Yeah, and those have more interactivity than common books, just like VN have more interactivity than walking simulators. I don't think any of those can be considered a game, but to go as far as to defend the cancer of the industry shows how much of a goon faggot you are.

It's not the jap industry the one made of Hollywood rejects mate. Just watch how much gameplay is shown at e3.

That's awesome.

They don't. In a walking sim, the player is interacting with the game world and piecing the story together. In a VN, you're reading a choose your own adventure novel and picking from 1-4 responses. VN vs walking sim is trading interactivity (walking sim) for story variance (VN). They're both shit, but walking sims still have more gameplay than VNs.
Pointing out that the shitty, cherrypicked example you used was a shitty, cherrypicked example is "defending the cancer of the industry"?

Neither VNs nor walking simulators are games.
For some reason, defensive weebs call people goons when someone points out (rightly) that the Nip industry is mostly animu trash that sells cute girls first and foremost. As seen in this thread, they then try to imply that the Western industry is mostly walking simulators. Even if this were true (it's not), it wouldn't make the Nip industry any less shit. They just view it as a culture war (it's not) that they want to "win." It's a schoolyard mentality.

I find it enjoyable to play one mission in Gal Gun when the mood strikes me. More than that and it gets repetitive. It's not great, but it's fun enough in small bursts. Probably a symptom of having been developed as a handheld title.

I wouldn't call "walk from point A to B to read/hear the next chapter" interactivity, but as long as we agree neither of those are games and shouldn't be used as examples for any argument about the video game industry it's ok for me.
Just like you jumped to use VNs as your example. Doesn't change the fact that this "games should be narrative experiences" trend comes from western developers and Japan is the one producing most good games of the most "gameplay heavy" genres, like fighters, shmups, rhythm games or dungeon crawlers.
No. Only a goon would defend western garbage just because it's western. But I think I made a understanding there.

No shit. What the fuck were you expecting?

I remember some anons praising it so my expectations were a bit higher than usual.

Its made by the fags that shat out Mighty Number 9
No surprise its shit

VNs cover a large margin of things and aren't just kinetic novels. It's mainly just how a story is told with static (or sightly animated) images of characters talking back and fourth over a dialogue box. Which is why something like Evenicle and Kamidori Alchemy Meister are considered VNs while having tons of gameplay. Meanwhile, Symphonic Rain and Umineko are considered VNs too.

But did you ask them if it was good? I could have told you to not buy it for many reasons. I did have fun with it, but I don't think it's good.

It was mainly Comcept that did MN9, but co-developed with Inti Creates. Inti Creates also did the Megaman Zero games, ZX, and Megaman 9 & 10 as well as Gunvolt. If anything, they should have just let Inti Creates make MN9 from the beginning.

I'm pretty sure he meant digital form.

OP I don't know what you expected. Everything about the game screams shallow anime tiddy kusoge. If anime tits are not enough to carry an entire game for you, which I'm glad they aren't, why bother trying a game where that is the fucking USP?

Can't apply to every walking sim, but for the most I think that's objectively untrue. At least ina walking sim you have some sort of agency when moving and looking around, picking up objects, doing a few puzzles here and there probably, having some sort of objectives. In visual novels it's just reading text and looking at (usually) still images, with a few choices here and there, and a skip text fast button so you can skip to the next choice and path on re-play sessions.

>look for rance pic
>find my shitty edit in kym
>dont know what to feel
I though this was a myth chan and nobody knew it exists

Reddit and cuckchan always steal shit from this site, I saw one of my gondolas in a fucking YT compilation video. I wanted to kill myself.

Not the biggest boards, and there's way more cuck crossover going on these days, painstakingly obvious looking at the amount of template and bait threads.

Yeah, the game is pretty terrible. I yearn for the return of light gun games, but sadly they died after the Wii. I think it'd make a decent Arcade game tho.

Not true, usually in a VN it's more of a puzzle story narrative, where there's a bunch of wrong choices with multiple endings. With walking simulators you CAN walk around, but it's usually linear with no branching narratives or errors one can make

Those are good points as well, maybe I'm more talking about the dating sim style VNs.

I've been deleting more threads recently, other than that the template and bait threads are usually taken care of. Mind you template and bait threads don't mean "threads I don't like".

We had 15.5 million who lurked the site last month, a good portion of which probably lurks Holla Forums. I do think there is crossover, but I usually deal with the faggots swiftly either through deletions, bans or bumplocks.

What's with these halfchan memes? You don't belong.

Yeah, but even then the dating style VN has just as much choices if not more so than say Gone Home.

Call me a hipster but that's just too much for me. I might jump ship to an obscurer board soon.

Dating sim is actually a genre of game based around planing and time management where you choose what to do every day, like work, study, go on dates, etc in order to increase your stats, gain money and gain affinity with the heroines. For example you usually can't get with the smart girl without high int or with the athletic girl without enough athleticism, and you need money for dates. With low int you can fail your tests and lose a valuable chunk of summer, among other valuable events. Also the girls have relationships with each other than affect you (you lose affinity with a girl if you help a girl she hates). If you balanced everything right you will get the girl you want, but if you fuck up there is multiple failure states.
It doesn't have anything to do with VNs with romance, you are probably talking about those.

Gal Gun is light hearted and heterosexual, so take your estrogen pills and leave

I want to believe that this post is bait

Gal Gun double peace is obviously not even close to the best light gun games out there, but it was fun to play through, it did exactly what it set out to do. I'm not going to pretend it was a masterpiece but acting like it's total garbage isn't right either.

Nobody said it wasn't. Those things don't make it a good game, they make it good for upsetting SJWs. Essentially, this is a game goons and actual gamers can agree to hate for different reasons. Goons hate it becuase they're racist against Japanese people and, have an intense hatred of anything sexual, and find animu shit problematic. Gamers hate it because it's gameplay is mediocre shit. Essentially, it's the rail shooter equivalent of Neptunia games.

BEWARE

Do they float?

If your gonna play it on PC, play it with a controller. Playing with a mouse is a snooze fest due to how easy it is to aim with (Most on rail shooters aren't designed with such an easy aiming device in mind). Although the game is pretty damn easy regardless

You're meant to play it with your dick in your hand and put your dick and the game away after a short session, goon-kun.

I'm already sick of all these fucking faggots reactionarily baselessly accusing people of being goons or femishit retards just for claiming a game is bad.

Talk about an actual good anime tiddy game and prove your innocence to these arrogant niggers.

And again, until motherfuckers learn to do research instead of picking up random crap from this board and come back crying and luring all the faggots we haven't asked when we left cuck moot.

Go to the Catalog and look for the Vita thread then. That system is full of them and most of them have ports. If you are still insisting on being gay as fuck, you can look up the actual terms for these or any japan only system they were on and make a thread about these.

No. :^)

Which part was bait?

Gal gun 2 aka GOTY soon fellow stalker.

If you act like a goon then expect to be called a goon.

Yes, they all float down there.

Oh wow, didn't see that one coming.

Yeah, nah, you havent seen shit yet.

This game is best experienced in VR.

No, I'm literally telling OP to stop being stupid and prove he's not a goon by describing a better titty game.

OP didn't even go "hurr weeb shit", they criticized it in terms of gameplay and unsatisfying fanservice and even environments.

I still don't know why everyone was talking about GalGun, even though it was shit, but nobody ever talks about Bullet Girls 1 & 2 - which is also shit, but is a hell of a lot better than GalGun.

This shit ain't fair.

Because both are bad? Largely for the same reasons actually: Cute lewd ideas executed horribly. They're also at least 3 games in now with no sign of doing it properly. It depresses me.

Schizo much?

what happens if you go with them? also, what's with all the rock CDs? why rock CDs specifically?

It's a pedophilia joke.

Post some good rail shooters Holla Forums.

Both RE games for the Wii.

What were you expecting?

I don't see how that excuses the gameplay being bad, bland and repetitive. Rail shooters are supposed to have variety and feel like a rollercoaster or something like that.

Why do you fucking think it's rock CDs? You're a human, you know.

I was expecting a good lewd game. Because it's not out of the realm of possibility with the concept. I'm personally more disappointed with Akiba's Trip though.

Your denseness knows no bounds.

i don't fuckin' get it

What kind of rock CDs specifically?

It's a simple reversed FREE CANDY tasteless joke based on the assumption that an adult enjoys ROCK CDs and would want to get some for free when in fact he is going to get raped by the girl (which is impossible)

Holy shit that takes me back.

oh. i dunno why i thought there was somethin' more to it than that

You want to be raped by a pack of lolis, dont you. Beaten over the head with ROCK CDs then gagged and raped, foreverial tiedup

Bumbling but pure hearted "evil" demon girl remains one of my favorite types of characters.
DEATH DEATH DEATH

all over from full permanent ham head to full permanent ham feet and enjoying it, foreverially tied up and loving it?

facebook.com/andrew.rothley

Goon tactic #1. Fuck off back to your dying site

I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS, I'M JUST SAYING THE GAME IS SHIT FOR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT REASONS

So go complain on metacritic, dude.

Dungeon Travelers 2.

Personal tastes, motherfuckers. Do you have it?

Senran Kagura is even worse. It's fucking repetitive as hell. It's a game for people who would sacrifice everything, provided it has anime aesthetics.

Ignore and report goon posters

both games are just huge waste of potential, still good lewds

i guess nips dont give a fuck and still buy them

Haha what? Wouldn't that apply to pretty much almost every game discussed on this site then, dude?

i must learn moonrunes

Not nearly as often as your implying but hey keep crying and maybe someone will actually care.

So there aren't daily threads complaining about and criticizing games here? And you cared enough to reply so yeah.

Those aren't very accessible (yet?).

Okay.

that's exactly what it fucking means. you care enough to post, good or bad. that why you get so many shit threads because it always goes

quit trying to argue semantics you dumb pajeets, care can mean concern it doesnt automatically mean you like something

Yeah right! You are more interested in wasting our time in a endless debate about whether we give a shit or not then in the Galgun itself.

Shut the fuck up. Holy shit, you're acting like a retard over criticizing it.

Now that's bullshit and I see right through it. It's an old-fashioned beat em up designed to be one with comboing thrown in.

But it's a shit game, are people not allowed to criticize something because it has anime tits now?

Communists ruin everything, even critique. That's just how they work.

present your argument then

There's been plenty of valid criticism, including from the OP, you disingenuous prick.

Never really got into that style of game personally, but no it's an exception from what I have played of it.

It's quite possible to acknowledge something as bad but still like it. That's basically my stance on this and Bullet Girls. For whatever reason I can't stand playing Senran Kagura though.s

Countersage.

yeah yeah thats nice now show me some anime titties

What more is there to say that hasn't already been said?

Go to catalog, throw dart.

SA is to weeaboos, what gamergate is to SJWs: the eternal boogeyman, lurking behind every corner to pop up and hurt their feefees.

Everyone knows goons are fucking cancer and it doesn't matter who says it because it's fact.

If you like goons so much, why don't you just stay on SA? It fits you, just leave this weeb place. They will just ask you to drink the koolaid a bit further: and if the goons are better than weebs, you should do that too.

See how goons work? They're here to shit the place up. Only thing that matters, is leaving western gaming to rot like it's doing.

Countersage.

Well, that and making sure we don't get any of those bigoted foreign games, unless they're translated to espouse their political ideology.

Another great thread, guys.

OP here since i'm posting from my phone. I honestly don't know what happened here and why "goon" is being thrown around so much. This game simply didn't click with me and I made a thread explaining why.

Sorry user but you comitted the ultimate crime: making weeaboos butthurt by daring to criticize a japanese game. You'll be sentenced to death by shitposting I'm afraid.

stfu u evil racist goon i hate u
gb2 evil racist goon place

No, fuck off. I pointed you to valid criticism in the thread, you don't get to ignore them just because it's not me saying it.

Countersage.

I agree, it was garbage.
Did not stop me from 100% it.
Ghostgirl a best.

this many posts and no mention of the $100 panty-shot dlc? excellently crafted b8 thread op, you've got them booty blasted

Kill yourself, KIKE.

Oh boy, it seems like we got a good goy over here.

"y-y-you must disagree with me, schlomo"

you didn't but still played it LOL, and I didn't, but your grorious nipponese did, and they bought the panty shots

My thread isn't bait and I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

It's the existence of it and what it does, not that it's easy to pirate. Like, big whoop, 75% transparency is now 100%, and their underclothes are still 0% transparent. How amazing.

You aren't the only one. Also shit gamer girl and masochist VP best girls.

Shush child.

OP why come in bitching about some weebshit that's obviously going to be trash? You didn't need to look past the title image there to know it's gonna be abysmal cookie-cutter copy/pasted crap.

A decent rule of thumb is: If the promo image looks like some airheaded slice of life with tits anime, then find something else to engage your mind.

It's a low budget lewd rail shooter VN for handhelds, are you pretending you expected something House of the Dead tier or are you genuinely retarded?

Why are you so upset?

I found my girlfriend getting DPd by two black guys when I got back home yesterday and I just sat there and watched while she laughed at me and called me a creepy loser, I think I may be a feminist.

No one is defending this shit.

You were called disingenuous because you fucking are for ignoring what people have already said just to blindly talk shit, you faggot.

RIP

His waifu's son will take revenge on the tsunami.

Is disingenous the new mysoginist?

Disingenous = racism against goons?

*disingenuism
It sounds pretty much like something socjus loves to say: that whenever you state something they don't like, you're 'arguing in bad faith'

Wait, how many times has thread actually popped up?

Also Op, what were honestly expecting? Stop thinking with your dick and think with your wallet, because we know you don't have a brain.

I didn't know Brock Sampson was into anime tiddies.

Not what I said at all, you fucking faggot. I said it's not being given innocence of anti-consumer greedy shit.

How desperate are you to force this retarded shit you're trying to turn being called a fucking lying dismissive faggot into somehow a goon label? Fuck off.

It's a shitty form of pattern recognition.

A few times. Too much for what it is.

Not OP but as I've said a couple of times before, it's a disappointing game because the core ideas could be worked as a good game. They are not the ones to do so though.