Do japanese games ever take use of the PS4 Pro's "extra power" or is it only the case for the (((western games)))...

Do japanese games ever take use of the PS4 Pro's "extra power" or is it only the case for the (((western games))) actually?

Been wondering because of recent releases like EDF5, Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2, Sen no Kiseki 3, Nioh, and Hack

I know nier automata does, has improved res and uses pc max settings, 60fps as opposed to 60 with some drops. Kingdom hearts 2.5 does as well. Games which don't support it directly may benefit from boost mode.

Anyway, this thread is going to result in plenty of console wars because anything not pc gaming related causes many users here to shit the bed.

PS4 is a more interesting choice due of being able to play the original versions of japanese console games, without any of localization fuckery. Rarely an option on PC from my experience.

Also I heard the Pro model is quite prone in overheating/sound issues, but I dunno the extent of it.

Are future generations doomed to have a 'slightly upgraded version' with an insane price mark up?

There are options for pc games, not always in english and not often legal. Frankly if you don't support small Japanese devs you are a piece of shit, but that's how it goes for a lot of people here.

It's not a big price difference.

Was the price difference not ~$150? Or was I a retard and opened my mouth too soon?

Where is my 4.05 cfw?

I've seen PS4's around 175 and pros around 275-300. It's not hard to find these things and the actual engineering of the ps4 is very nice. I do not believe the used status matters, the hardware is underclocked compared to its intended stock speed and the cooling is sufficient so I can see them lasting plenty long.

I got the original second hand to save money. I have zero problems with it (other than the paid online, fuck that).

You don't need much power to display two pngs, a background and a text box.

it's a 4k machine that can't output at 4k 90% of the time. make of that what you will.

God damn, I want 2014 back fuck this shit board

Yeah, I dunno what's up with all these PC ports of Japanese games not having a Japanese language option. Unless it's region locked?

But most do?
Shit, several of them even have text or fan patches.

You want niGGers, redditors and site problems back?

How about actual pc games

That was 2015

The fuck are you on about? If they fuck shit up on the PS4 with shitty translation and no dual audio, you either learn Nip and import or you play a shitty version of the game. If they do the same on PC, consumers can at least fix that shit.

Wish more nip games came out on Xbox. With the One X, their performance issues are no longer relevant, plus Microsoft has the best global storefront, meaning I wouldn't have to open wide for shitty localizations and could just play the original version after paying once without having to shovel out for marked-up imports. Damn shame.

Yeah they upscale to 4k. You also get less texture pop in and increased draw distance. Minor quality stuff. Japanese games generally don't push hardware to the limit.

Not worth upgrading for but if you don't have a PS4 might as well. I was spending the first few years of this gen playing my PS3 backlog of weebshit so by then we were already mid gen.

Have they fixed the potential shit-the-bed issue with the power supply? And the damn thing sounding like a jet engine?

I heard the PS4 pro doesn't offer much performance boosts at al and ends up breaking some games entirely

Sony is cancer but so is Micro$oft and Nintendo

Blade pls go

Japan's economy is in the shitter, so the games that are really pushing the graphics envelope for consoles are either western AAA shit, or Japanese games created specifically for a world-wide market thus necessitating they keep parity with western AAA shit.

Nothing that's actually worth playing actually pushes the PS4 Pro's hardware, and most of them barely push the PS4 original's potato specs.

My PS4 Pro sounds like a fucking jet engine at times. It hasn't overheated but it's definitely not fucking quiet.

There is some fuckery with Japanese VA unions or something, and unless it's specifically in the contract they can't have the Jap VA released outside Japan or something.

I'm not talking about voices. They have the voices most of the time, just not the text.

Dont forget the infinity next shilling

Can be fixed by buying PS4 Pro 2.0 :^)

I keep hearing people talk about how loud their Pros are, and I have to wonder what they're playing because mine is whisper quiet even in the middle of summer. I was expecting EDF5 to cause these "jet engine" sounds everyone describes, but still nothing.

Yeah, I don't know where this myth of Japanese text in almost all PC ports of JP games is coming from. In my experience, the only games I've noticed that actually did that are the Senran games, Yomawari, and EDF 4.1. The rest is culturalization only, even adding western censorship to the Japanese version like in Criminal Girls.

They could just have it stuffed into some cabinet with no airflow, that would make it need to work harder to cool down.

Based on what I've seen (and heard) I don't think there are "quiet" Pro's even though some people claim they managed to get one. It just depends on the games you are playing and whether or not you're upscaling to 4k. Uncharted 4 for instance seems to make any model PS4 sound like a jet engine.

Some people also just don't register noise near as much as others.