WoW's class balance lead -who designed based on his own experiences using a graphics tablet instead of mouse and...

WoW's class balance lead -who designed based on his own experiences using a graphics tablet instead of mouse and keyboard- has been fired

I haven't played in a longtime but it still feels good man.

Sauce? Also, was it stated why? Usually they also let them "quit" to keep some self respect. If he was outright fired, he mustve really done something.

nice source faggot

SOURCE

Sure is cuckchan in here

He wasn't fired, he was moved to the hearthstone team apparently. It's as good an indication as any he was doing a shit job tho, considering they consigned him to a mobile game.

You'll fit right in then polesmoker.

Might as well cap the top part too actually.

Who fucking cares, the games already dead and buried years ago.

It's funny how Celestacommie's apologists are claiming he wasn't in charge of classes design, when he was bullshiting people on warrior's feedback forum during Gaylords of Draenor beta back in 2014 and was one of the idiots behind the massive abilities pruning back then.

and was shit all along. god let it die, and wipe that shit out of your teeth.

I wouldn't know about that user. I havent played wow since wrath.

Still won't save WoW.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN

I actually like that thair color

what a cunt.
good god how do these useless faggots keep getting into these positions.

XD

Human relation departments look for people who will fit in, not people with skill.

Too bad Jeff and Geoff won't be fired from Blizzard which would mean OW could have a chance to get a real balance rework.

I got into the game recently and dps classes are the most braindead shit ever.

Cuckchan has the same thread, fuck off with your retarded fake as shit circlejerk you faggot, he moved from WoW to the Hearthstone team.

Modern WoW is a terrible MMO.

It's not fun, it's graphics are horridly dated (but that isn't the main problem), the classes feel wonky lore is dead and gets rewritten every expansion. Seriously wonder who even keeps up with the lore at this point it's obvious somewhere at the end of wrath they didn't know what to do at all anymore and lacked creative writing (maybe due to implementation decisions or just overall I'm not sure, the top at Blizzard who makes these big decisions is to blame).

Blue hair is the mark of SJW. Just stay away from unnatural hair colors they are honorary niggers.

I think your company is pretty fucked if fitting in means having unnatural hair colors. Blizzard should just hire guys with Msc's. They actually do require that, but it seems mostly for the senior software engineer guys where it is an aboslute must that they have someone competent (otherwise it simply doesn't work).

I think they went wrong when they hired incompetent designers, probably the software engineer guys would do a better job at overall design since they're more intelligent and capable.

So it's not worth getting into Wow at all?
As for the lore, i've been trying to grasp it and I'm under impression they fucked it up as early as Burning Crusade. And the whole story around Illidan is kinda funny, how he was able to betray the Legion after swearing allegiance to them a few times.

No it hasn't. Now check 'em!

He appeared once on warrior's beta forum and said he "wanted to hear every feedback and have a meaningful discussion" about the class current design, then when he was rightfully trashed he disappeared and warriors were stuck with a AoE skill as a single target filler for the remainder of the xpac.

You need to spin around all the time in wow

WoW is basically held with duct tape and bubblegum. It has serious design problems, and they're going to introduce more with that scalling bullshit they're planning for the next xpac.

Dumbfuck hiring managers who hire people who die their hair unnatural colors?
Then again we don't know if he died his hair before or after the job.

It's a question of how long he'd been in San Francisco beforehand. If he'd been there for at least a year, Moloch would have already devoured his soul and left him a shambling corpse with tie-dye hair complaining about "internalized misogyny" and "institutionalized racism".
t. former Kingdom of Loathing player

wait what happened to KoL?

What scaling bullshit?
I though they had that in legion already.

Right now that scaling only applies to Legion zones. They're expanding it to ALL zones in the next patch/expac.

It's not any one developer's fault for the state of WoW right now. You'd need to completely gut that entire fucking team in order to even hope for that game to be anything but a diablo slot machine autism simulator.

Are there any mmos worth playing out there?

A while after they moved to San Francisco, Jick added multiple anti-GamerGate things (also an ascension path where enemies can have colors; that's the one where "INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM!" can show up as a combat message), the joke "collect 15 pages" quest thing was made into an actual "collect 15 pages" quest thing, and Mr. Skullhead was unceremoniously fired.
I quit when Jick added an ascension path where the classes have skills that require an IOTM to unlock. Too "Korean MMO" for me. (I could've just left KOLMafia autofarming, but the disco gold mine got nerfed a third time and I couldn't be bothered to set up something else.)

No. If you're desperate just go play some private servers. But you're better off just waiting for classic WoW and hoping they don't completely fuck it up (unlikely).

I got Wow like 2 weeks ago, I've been trying it out, I used to play ff14. Been bouncing around classes to find an interesting one but no luck so far.

The only possible way you'd know this is if you go to cuckchan too.

You won't find a class that you enjoy. There is no real differences between the classes. I fell into the trap of trying to find the right class as well and the reality is that the game is fundamentally flawed due to reward dilution being at an all time high. Even WoD wasn't this plagued by reward dilution and player fatigue.

Imagine how much time they spend layering those cancerous chemicals in their hair to get the right signalling effect.

Imagine the thought process behind that.

I keep thinking I'm desensitized to the kind of insane behavior we can expect from these folks, but then I try to imagine it from their perspective and it becomes even more unbelievable, because from a third person perspective it becomes more distanced and surreal.

Just try to imagine their thought process. Good grief…

>Wow this guy on the WoW dev team sounds really smart xD! He doesn't need the limitations of a mouse to enjoy the greatest game of all time, WoW. I bet he ingeniously developed a method to play on a tablet, hello sir I am curious as to how you pulled this off. I too will experiment with it too because I am a lazy sloth that sits on the couch all day with a tablet device who wishes to play WoW on the couch, toilet, bar, and other soyboy venues XD! Also give me tips on obtaining a blue pilled/haired womyn. Maybe my social status will rise and I will be a WoW dev too. One day.

I don't think there's a "thought process" per se, just pure social pressure.
Although I am curious as to the specifics. I know the sales pitch for clothes that don't actually exist ("the cloth is invisible to incompetent men"), but I can't imagine a sales pitch for the "clown wig" hairdo.

>2010<
Fucking kill yourself.

I think he was kidding. I've tried to play WoW on a tablet since it doesn't take any skills however using a tablet just makes your camera spin constantly at really high speeds. It's NOT POSSIBLE.

Jesus Christ does SanFran need a nuke. If KoL is this fucked how bad is West of Loathing?

even 8 years ago it was like this, every class had a stupid roration that consisted of 4 or 5 skills, the only difference was your skill icons and names. you were pressing the same 1-2-3-4-5 keyboard buttons anyway

source?

I wonder if he's the reason click to move is still in the game.

In the very pic you responded to he had to set his sensitivity to almost the absolute lowest it would go to reduce spinning.

you funny motherfucker

Obviously rotations have always been relatively the same if you pull this "le press 1-4 buttons" meme shit. The reason Legion class design feels like garbage is because of how unbelievably pruned everything is. You don't have some weird obscure ability that makes you feel useful in a random situation in a dungeon or in world PvP in some weird encounter that you never could have imagined like distracting someone while they jump down into MC so they hit the pavement instead of landing in the lava or other stupid hilarious shit.

Now the game just boils down to flying into a dungeon or 1 shotting entire raids with fan of knives because legendaries and gear scaling is in the single worst state it has ever been.

Did you just teleport to present day from 5+ years ago with your stale meme game?

Perfect.

Truth. I checked the state of the game a few weeks ago and they have completely lost control. Classes are boring as shit and numbers that would make Zimbabwe jealous. There gets to a point in an MMO when the numbers get so high that your eyes start glossing over and not giving a shit. Players not giving a shit about numbers in an MMO is death.

Funny enough the faggots that ENJOY this shit are on the classic wow forum 24/7 unironically demanding blizzard add shit like artefacts and shit like RDF/LFR into classic.

[CAUTION]
[CAUTION]
[CAUTION]

Those are the downcscaled numbers too.

drop in a bucket user and that's one of the best AP tokens

This is cuckchan now and Mark is ok with it.

How about you stop marginalizing an innocent sexual fetish?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

(checked)
That's even more retarded than I expected.
Also I can't tell if either is male or female.

I'd love that. It would mean their brand of classic would would be dead at birth.

He was moved to the hearthstone team.

But yes. WoW is saved.

1.- The picture you posted is a one-time bonus of huge proportions for defeating the end-expansion boss, not the usual AP item, which is 3, not 50.
2.- The game boils down to doing the same raid over and over again until you get your tier set/trinkets, then get all your gear slots upgraded, then get titanforged, then get AOTC, then get season limited things
a good dps will do 1.5million dps and above.
A geared dps will do 2million dps.

Reported for being too mentally defective to be considered human.

It doesn't matter what it was, it's a stupid number.

Coming from XIV to WoW is hilarious, considering that even at its worst, XIV's class design is objectively better than WoW's

I mean, just try to picture their average day and imagine the thoughts going through their heads leading them to do all the insane shit they do. Step by step. Imagine the social interactions and what prompts them to react in the way they do. Picture the situation that made them decide to dye their hair in multiple shades of blue, and imagine their inner monologue.

If you try to imagine the thoughts as if they were yours and put yourself in their shoes the disgust is increased a hundred fold.

The insanity becomes even more clear.

In a short moment after that, I get a sinking feeling, because I realize in a deeper and more profound way just how FUCKED that generation is. It tooks some real grooming and brainwash to turn them into that.

If those people are the future, then we're all fucked.

Class-balance in an RPG is just stupid. They keep painting themselves into the corner because faggots can't play to their own class' strengths and instead turns to forums to nag about how shitty the game is because they can't win.

The whole purpose of ROLE PLAYING is that you fill different ROLES and purposes in the game itself, especially in groups. You're not supposed to beat everyone, you're supposed to have weaknesses against some other classes while your teammates will have it easier against those opponents etc.

Keep "balancing" classes is just stupid.

Also WoW stinks, it's not a role-playing game. It's some shitty game where you follow internet-instructions of what spells to cast in what order like a goddam mongoloid. Everyone plays the exact same way and it's boring.

Left WoW when they destroyed hunter and paladin and never looked back. It's obvious the game was and is dying and is now just a tool for nostalgia.

Sage due to WoW being a rotting dead horse not worth a second look.

Lazy PvP focused balancing kills so many games that it's maddening to see.

Should a healer have a chance against an assassin in a 1 on 1 fight? Should an assassin have any chance at all against a fully armored soldier? No. But because 'muh pvp' they have to.

This is on top of lazy progression and game design. Why should a priest be asked to go out and kill 10 boars for a town when functionally it would make more sense to have a separate questline for them to go and heal 10 citizens.

Frankly it's disgusting at this point that such lazy design continues to exist. As you could easily change it so that 1v1 match ups are based more on a spread 'ie: How long can you stay alive as a healer with the combat class attacking you' rather than who can out damage one another forcing all classes to adhere to generally the same damage output.

It's almost as bad as having any kind of RPG game design where there's a best 'damage rotation' for skills for a class. You should never so many scenarios that are so similar in their execution, or have resources so meaningless that this becomes a thing.

WoW classes were the best because they all had utility in addition to their main purpose, saying this is bad just makes you look like you're a final destination fag who hates fun.

who the fuck would take 1 look at this guy and think "he certainly looks competent" i wouldn't fucking hire this guy to clean my god damn pool

The moment they add that shit they're going to lose and if the underlying mechanics ARE still vanilla it'll be a massive boon to private servers because they'll have all that sweet documentation possible.

It's not even PvP. it's fucking ARENA which is the most stale PvP out there next to BGs.

This is why vanilla is the best state of the game and also why spastics claim its unbalanced.

Someone similarly stupid looking I'm sure.
You don't think there's just this one retarded SJW looking asshole and everyone else is totally normal, do you? These fuckers are like cockroaches.

How is it stupid? because it is a large number?
You can just say 50B , which is no different than 50.
What matters is that the percentage earnings are fair in progression. The number in itself doesn't matter unless it is is damage done. I can understand damage being 9881390743817389 just dumb and not really feeling a power increase, but the Artifact Power doesn't matter. And by the way, it's getting removed next expansion, that's at high as it gets.
Funilly enough Legion has the most power creep of any expansion, you start doing 100k dps and end up doing 2million dps at the end of the expansion. There's a lot of room for gear increase, power increase, and sense of progression. It never reaches a moment where you feel it gets silly.
Again, you're just dismissing it because "baww its a big number". fucking mongoloid. What matters is the big picture. If the numbers are balanced with the boss HP, what matters is that there's a balance.

Does anybody in the world still give a shit about WoW?

I've playing it until I save up enough money for a new pc so I can play ff14

I would put my money in nepotism. He is probably related to one of the company top marketers.

Perfect balance is a meme.

Just look at totally symmetrical maps like in Starcraft. All matches become the same. Cookie cutter strategy recipes are developed and autism'd to the max.

It's unbalanced in terms of the most braindead classes having the best dps. The game doesn't reward skilled players. Go look where WW monk and feral druid are the dps list. Then look where warriors, paladins and hunters are. People feel more satisfied getting clears quickly with braindead classes instead of putting in some work and clearing with classes which require some thought.

I'm not sure that's right. The main problem with RPG video games is that you don't have a DM who can design each encounter to be fun for your party composition. You get one encounter for everyone. So you also need a certain balance between all classes. It's shit, but what can you do?

How can you sell a new class to idiots when that class won't be able to solo the entire game?

Silly goyim

What are you even defining utility as, because WoW has never had it.

I think Balance Druid is probably the best example of a braindead spec being unfairly powerful

I mean, it's funny. Raiders mostly play retard classes, have a shitload of addons which notify them of every mechanic and every dot and every cooldown. And when they clear everything, they feel happy regardless. I watched a very prominent Wow streamer recently complain how he 'can't pay attention to that many things' playing as an outlaw rogue.

He'd likely piss, jerk off and spill blood in it to pozz it so you'd get HIV.

That's how things work at Blizzkike. That's how that disgusting jew (((Jeff Kaplan))) got his job there.

I hope resetera gets burned to ashes just like neofag.

WoW never had mages to CC humanoids and beasts, druids to CC dragons and beasts, mages to supply the group with regen, shamans to give w/e the fuck you need with totems, portals, healthstones, soulstones, mind control, banish, fear undead, FUCKaton of utility spread in all the classes. Now everyone can just make anything stop for 2 minutes with a button.

I imagine it's something like this:
"I'M SO OFFENDED AT EVERYTHING I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MY BOWELS JGAHGAGHAG DESTROY ALL HUMANS AND EVERYTHING GOOD BLAHGLAHBLAHGH! POOR IMMIGRANTS PLEASE COME MURDER ALL THE EVIL WHITE PEOPLE (EXCEPT ME YOUR LOYAL ((ALLY))) GGJHAHGHAHGHAJ"

imagine trying so hard to fit in

Coming from classic to ffxiv, that's pitiful considering ffxiv has the single most homogenous class design I've ever encountered.

shower shitter get out

Wolfbane is that you?

And I thought vols on this shit-hole site were ban happy bastards.

There's the problem I'm having. The only things there that count as utility for me are portals and soulstones.

Everything else is just combat.

I might be a little biased coming from a tabletop background. But if a game doesn't have at least one encounter that relies on skill checks rather than just murdering people then it isn't very good.

The only raid I can remember from Vanilla that required anything other than combat was the rogue disarm trap ability for one boss fight where it was required to silence people saying that there wasn't any utility in raids.

But, we are getting away from my original point. Which was that those differentiated skillsets are what the game should have focused on and expanded upon rather than removed or made into a bland, flavorless paste. If that's what you're talking about then I think we just got confused with wording. I actually very much agree that these aspects of the game should have stayed in and been made more relevant.

I would have much rather had questlines as a restoration druid that dealt with replanting forests and saving creatures than the generic 'kill da opposite faction!' bullshit. It might have also helped a lot using quests to teach healing classes how to use their spells via the leveling quests instead of having them go with the DPS spec to level up/pvp then switch over once they cap to raid.

Yes I'm sure this caricature is accurate.

Only is a shit MMO.
In a good MMO, numbers shouldn't be the beginning and end of all things to begin with.

I see your point, but that would mean druids couldn't group with mages to level. That's a hard concept to achieve.

What in the fuck?

The fact that this blue haired freak was hired and allowed to do this shit in the first place shows you how bad things really are.

Where are those fuckers now who parroted this shit for years? I want to find them and shit in their mouths. Fucking fence sitting, apathy peddling retards.

Blizzard already had issues. Go look up Ji firepaw. in MoP you had a NPC that was a lech towards female players. Can't have a character whose interesting oh no.

Numales and Landwhales complained and he got lobotmized and became quest giver #454645u0589

Then you have people who bitched over the name of a boat, which was named "Tyrande's Silence". That supposedly enables rape culture.

How does a boat named "Tyrande's Silence" enable rape culture? What's the reasoning behind that?

I'm only being objective and logical.
You cannot solo world quest bosses unless you're a Blood DK who has 100 more ilvl and you're doing a year-old content world boss, which drops nothing of value.
I encourage you to try again with actual debate or proper counter-argument instead of shitposting.
Blizzard is shit, but no need to make up stories. It's like you're trying to concoct whatever bullshit possible to incite a circlejerk of disliking something instead of judging it with an open mind.

If you want to play real vanilla, play it NOW, because Blizzard is only going to fuck it up

I remember that one. It was Perculia from WoWhead who complained abput the boat's name. That disgusting semite whore has a hard-on for night elves and you can't tell a stronk female night elf to be silent, because that's sexism.

PURPLE +3 XXXD xxDDXXD XXXXD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR THE WINZ!!!1 LOL!!!

well, its has its conveniences, few as they are
so does auto-run

jesus christ, that
hair
looks absolutely putrid on both of them. looks worse on the woman tho.

It's ファックユー。

Perculia is also responsible for the text of Jaina's coin changing from "taken before she went crazy" to "taken in happier times". She went batshit over it and threatened them with bad press until Blizzard relented and changed it because "You can't call a strong empowered womyn like Jaina crazy"

Long story short, Perculia is fucking cancer. As is Tradechat, who is only relevant because of Wowhead shilling her shit.

Is that a bandname?

At this point a Metal band that did nothing but shout "biotruths" and "mansplaining" would be more transgressive than Cannibal Corpse.

I haven't really listened to metal since I was a teenager(except for the occasional black metal album). Anything good these days?

Depends on what you are looking for. As far as transgressiveness goes, they are all pleb-tier shit.

Cannabis Corpse is fun.
Mgla are very good on a technical level.

The right one in the pic is a girl? I saw guys that have the same face without the hair…

Of course she is. What are you implying, bigot?

From these types that I've had real life contact with, a bunch of them actually go and have these hair things done at salons and stuff. So if you ever hear about them complaining about wage disparity or what have you, keep in mind they're spending 50 dollars weekly just on hair. More than that if they change more than weekly/biweekly

Just get into Warhammer Fantasy, it's what Warcraft ripped off anyway. Ignore anything related to Age of Sigmar though, that's when they decided to jump the shark completely much like WoW has done. But the lore before that is actually entertaining, like Dwarves going to total war over a few missed pennies on a loan. Much of it makes subtle and not-so-subtle but amusing references to history.

She's a girl. She was involved in hardcore raiding and was a source of guild drama some years ago.

oh, in this pic she doens't look like a guy…not pretty but definitely not a guy…

Didn't gaylords already have the roblem that the numbers wet too high to be properly processed?

I'm not surprised.

I think you mean

I see youre new to this crazy whole thing called "real life"

from the Wowpedia article on Firepaw

During the Mists of Pandaria beta a forum post on the Mists of Pandaria Beta Feedback forum sought to highlight what some saw as a form of sexism. Ji Firepaw greeted female characters saying "Hello, friend! You're some kind of gorgeous, aren't you? I bet you can't keep the men off of you! Join me! You and I are going to be good friends!" To men, he instead said "Hello, friend! You've got a strong look to you! I bet you're all the rage with the ladies! Join me! You and I are going to be good friends!" This form was followed by a very long discussion.[6]

As a result, this interaction was changed during beta. Ji now simply greets characters of either gender by saying, "You seem poised and ready. I can tell we are going to be good friends."

why? what sexism is there in this? he basically says the same thing to both sexes but its tailored to each one. isnt that the opposite of sexism? he doesnt treat either gender differently, he compliments both of them. it adds a bit of character to him. makes him seem like an eccentric old chinaman grandpa. what the fuck is wrong with these blue-haired Slaaneshi freaks

WOW WAS NEVER GOOD

and this is why we lost all the cool shit we had in MoP.
i fucking hate blizzard.

is this their actual hair color? Or is this shopped?

did you get fucked by pshero? lol

everyone who works at blizzard looks like this, there are a tons of LGBTQXY people working there now.

These are the trendy pussies that make your games Holla Forums. I hope you're proud of what you've done.

Oh yes, it's all my fault for not buying Blizzard games. If only I was a good goy none of this would have happened.

Other than EVE?
No.

The only other worthwhile stuff is shit like Path of Exile.

WoW was cool when it came out because it was new, MMOs weren't a genre that were done to death and you had to actually interact with the community and there was this sense of exploration to it.
That is long gone though, the writing has been utterly trash for a very long time because Metzen is a complete retard. He also supposedly was fired for fucking up the script for the Warcraft movie.

Sounds like they tried to do Asian frankness in the dialog of their character and it didn't work out. I can tell you that frankness has always fell flat in western societies because people watching you grow fatter aren't supposed to call you fat and that you need to stop eating so much but in an Asian community, everyone and their 3 year old toddlers will point at you and call you fat.

TL:DR, modern westerners are probably pussies who can't even look in a mirror.

WEW
Hownew.ru

What the fuck

a $200+ dollar Wacom Intuos is not what I was suspecting when you said tablet. I assumed you where talking about a Samsung Galaxy with touch screen.