DCS

CHRISTIAN BIRD EDITION

So Leatherneck just announced their latest plane for DCS.

THE FUCKING CHRISTEN EAGLE 3

Is this shit the best troll of the century? 8CH SQUADRON WHEN. WE NEED AN EMBLEM.

gb2microsoft plane sims

You could mess around with the Harrier instead

brings up some heavy feels, childhood airshows, oh man

I hope someone mods webm related into the game once the F-14, F-4 and Harrier are flyable.

That dumb anime hair blocking the pilot's binocular vision bothers me more than it should.

which of these planes is actually accurately repoduced like the KA-50 and A-10? i dropped out around flaming cliffs when they added a bunch of shit but none of it was an actual simulation they were arcade planes with dumbed down versions of the cockpits and flight characteristics.

Aside from the flaming cliff planes, the others seem to be pretty accurate with working systems. Except for the BAE HAWK whose dev is a piece of shit that abandoned any work on the plane.

VEAO > CURRENT LEATHERNECK
THIS IS HOW BAD THE SITUATION IS

Sad!

I'll never stop being pissed off about Leatherneck using Starforce DRM.

They are flying at night. The scene is clearer simply for our viewing pleasure.

It's not like they couldn't make up shit about the cockpit, the controls or anything they can't get their hands on.
Rouge System did that quite well.

FC3's planes on release were essentially placeholders ported over from LOMAC. Since then they've updated the flight models for the SU-33, SU-27, F-15C, SU-25, and A-10A; that's why they're now selling them separately as well as in FC3 (they still have simplified systems and are missing a clickable cockpit).

That's what really rustles my jimmies. They are claiming to be building the most accurate simulation to date, and they hold true with that on only two of the vehicles in their game, yet those two get the most marketing outside of their niche audience.
Seen a comment section to any modern simulator, or any discussion thread on any gaming forum in the past three years?
It always goes:"Yeah, but can you click all the buttons?" or "Not as deep as DCS."
Which is bullshit, since you can't even click any buttons in most of the planes. Sure, the buttons are animated, but you can't really work with the MFDs or the radios like you can in the A10c or the Ka50.

tbh I much prefer Falcon BMS for this reason. I'd rather have depth of systems and a top tier dynamic campaign over eye candy and muh flight models.

FC3 is a minority by now

To be honest I am tempted to pick up a VR headset just for the feeling of flying a Su-25t SEAD in the mountains. Seated VR with actual joysticks is the only way VR should have gone.

I enjoy BMS, but it is not the same as DCS, where you can have an Su-25 rape an A-10a, only to get it's shit kicked in by a Mirage, and every plane was controlled by a player who had to spend at least 10 minutes reading the fucking manual to be able to take off and use all the weapons.
On top of that, BMS may not have aged badly, but it certainly doesn't look like DCS.

Yeah, but it is still a large part of their planes, and their marketing relies heavily on "muh 100% realism, you gotta have a degree in aerospace engineering to take off, lol push a wrong button, everything explodes". It would probably be fucking easy to at least make some buttons clickable. The autopilot on the Su-25 for example is literally just four buttons, each with different autopilot modes. It is harder to memorize what the keyboard buttons are than memorizing which button needs to light up for what nav mode.
To be honest, at this point I would rather want them to implement fewer planes and get all the modules they have (besides ground crews) on a level that is at least similar to that of the Ka50.
I won't really hurt them to push out more simpler modules, but it hurts mu fee fees.

Why are USSR airplanes so comfy. Just flying around through the valleys in the SU-25 is worth playing this game alone.

They were designed to be simple to operate like most soviet tech due to the fact that the army (not the airforce) was mostly conscripts. These design ideas carried over to soviet aviation, which makes them comfy as fuck.
Despite this the planes are oftentimes marvels of technology.
They also don't feature a lot of display tech, focusing more on meters and indicator lights.
The standard green/blue that is supposed to be easy on the eyes is also actually very easy on the eyes, just as the red display lights and yellow/red HUD.
They are also less fuel efficient, which mean that you have to constantly have an eye on your fuel. Unlike the A-10 for example, which can loiter for hours on end, the Su-25 can barely stay in the air for more than three, which means that when you fly around for fun you have to pick an actual target location if you want to be able to land.
Also: Грач best plane.

Yeah, I've only used my vive for sitting VR so far and it works great. Though in DCS you'll notice some screendoor effect so you might want to bump your VR supersampling to 1.5.

Because they were build to survive.

Most of the planes now are clickable cockpits with working buttons. Only FC3 planes are non-clickable which is annoying. I now just stay in cold-war servers, until the F-18 comes.

I can't into Webums

>I can't into Webums
Download OBS
Set up to record fullscreen webm once F7 is hit, start playing the game, hit f7 once you want to start recording, hit f7 again once you are done.
Then refer to the howtowebm.webm.

is the mission setup in DCS still shit? how hard is it to beat modded Falcon 4 dynamic campaigns.

Tried that, but ran into an error trying to record fullscreen to webm using OBS.

From what I know, it's about the same as it was back in 2015. Then again, I barely use it so someone who's a heavy user of it could give a better answer. But yeah, when compared, BMS takes the cake.

You can try MP4, or run the game in borderless window mode.

it's a shame. they have the best autistic nuts and knobs simulation, and not a lot to do with it. also their missile simulation is shit, unless they've changed it.

There's been some tweaks. But they're just that. Tweaks. Not much has changed I'm afraid.

That's not a game user. That's from ED's facebook page where they show off the new F-18 in development.

The last time I flew a Harrier in a sim, I still used MSDOS.

You should be well versed in it then user. Give it a go.

Not much has changed. You will feel right at home.

Nothing's as good as Falcon's campaign. When someone gets VR working with BMS, I see no point in playing DCS anymore.

Is also a miles better game for a user squad imo