PS2 Exclusives

Which are your favorite PS2 exclusives?

You mean remaster of a remastered?

Everblue 2 by Arika

Obligatory chart.

Color me surprised.

Also nostalgia,

Ahhh…good times?

So what is your definition of a good game?

the only game he likes is collecting (you)s

Armored Core series

yakuza 1 and 2
various ace combats
god hand
onimusha series
god of war 1 and 2
mgs 1 and 3

ps2 was solid, man

PS4 with Kiwami
1 is on Xbox, 3 on PC.
lol

A lot of those aren't PS2 exclusive you dumb nigger

i genuinely did not know that.

1 is on PC too actually, making it run at all is an interesting experience.

is it one of those games that's riddled with third party patches to make it work on modern rigs?

You mean almost every single japanese port prior to Steam?

Kiwami should be considered a different game from one. one didn’t have references to Zero and the annoying “Memejima Everywhere” shit.

the PS2 is the washed up whore of its respective generation. Every developer used it during its gen, then as soon as that console gen was over, all of its "exclusives" found their ways onto every other platform

In fact, it would probably be easier to list what PS2 exclusives truly have not been ported to other systems

Tons of them, especially if you list Japan only games.

Well apparently now there's a patch to fix most issues, way back it had many bugs and limitations

Why the fuck do you post like a total fucking faggot?
Go back to the other shit websites you frequent.

Kek, sure there are.

Why are you so fucking stupid?

Most of the PS2's ports were to the PS3. It's a reflection of how poor the PS3's library was, if anything.

:->
Ace Combat 4
Klonoa 2
ZoE 2
Xenosaga 1
Yakuza 2

Cuckchan is pretty fucking stupid.

Super Robot Wars Z and Another Century's Episode 3 are probably the two best games to come out on the PS2

Steambot Chronicles is probably my favorite PS2 game. Real shame we'll never get a proper sequel.

Actually if Disaster Report 4 sells well enough it just might get uncanceled

You still haven't given an example of good vidya

Play King's Field IV and Drakan The Ancients' Gates.

That's because he has shit taste.

Ratchet and clank were the shit.
My favorite is going commando. It was nearly perfect.

The Jak series.

I went back to play a bunch of third person PS2 action games expecting them to be bad but was pleasantly surprised.
Removed from all the hype and marketing(and the price tag) games like Chaos Legion and Nanobreaker are pretty neat.

Mario, Pokemon and Zelda. If you play literally anything but /r/gaming's top 10 favorite games you are playing shovelware.

wow

It's weird that this list has Champions of Norrath but not the sequel that's basically the same thing but slightly better.

twisted metal black

This never got a rerelease, right? I'm honestly surprised given how (in)famous it is at this point.
They would spin it as "The REAL Dark Souls of SMT games

It got two rereleases, but they were both on the PS2 itself, so not to any other platform.

Ah yes, Maniax and "FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DMC SERIES". I just wonder why it was never ported to something else. Too difficult for casuls or maybe because of the plot.
Someone detain the guy with the monkey paw before we get a port on the Switch

Maniax was the Dante version, Maniax Chronicle was the Raidou one. And the Switch might get a portable revision someday, so that wouldn't be so bad.

It was released on PSN as well for PS3.

So, custom firmwares on PS3 allow you to mount and play PS2 isos. But how the fuck would I manage the games that come on multiple discs, like i.e. Onimusha 4?

Jak and Daxter series
Dark Cloud 2
Final Fantasy X wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. just mute the cut scenes
Okage: Shadow King
Kingdom Hearts 1 is great, 2 less so.
Rogue Galaxy haven't finished it so maybe it turns to ass, can't say.
Never played it but I've heard good things about SkyGunner
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Same as above.
Zone of the Enders. Same as above

Return to Arms has better mechanics but it's basically a hubworld with portals.
The first game had a better adventure.

sounds like a waste of time. The Onimusha games are all best on the PS2.

yeah, kiwami is its own thing. Very different game play too.

My favorite game that's not in this provided chart (>>13948862) has got to be Makai Kingdom.

The Disgaea series hasn't introduced a new weapon since Disgaea 2 (blue monster weapons and they're only there out of sheer necessity) but MK not only had a fuckton of different weapons to choose from (like miniguns, IED's, shovels, drills, pies and, if you really wanted to, you could use anything else like grass or armor as a weapon) but it also had vehicles and buildings that you could summon and garrison your units in.

My favorite weapon is probably .gif related. It's a big demonic gun that grasps enemies with its claws and shoots them in the face at point blank range.

Sony's PS1/PS2 emulator has a "Switch disc" function.

The one that isnt taken from a clickbait video

Most PS2 Exclusives are available on other consoles now. Even Metal Gear Solid is available on two lines of Xbox's.

I'd say for the games that remain exclusive:
Echo Night Beyond
Rule of Rose
Ridge Racer V
Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2
Gungrave

MGS 4 is a PS3 exclusive which, as far as I know, hasn't been ported to anything.

Why are these charts always such shit?

Because it's chart of games available on a certain platform.

Oh look, it's the retarded chart autist.

>he thinks it's one person

You may as well be the same person since you sound about as much of a retarded shitflinger as him.

To be honest I have no idea who you're talking about considering the only other time I've ever shit on a chart was in a Doom thread a few weeks ago

Sly cooper, Rachet and clank, Jak and Daxter, and until it gets re released on steam God Hand

I don't know then what you're trying to say then, I haven't seen anyone bitch about the charts for years.

ZoE is mediocre but the sequel is great.

At first I was going along with it thinking you were shitposting, then I realized you weren't shitposting.

Kill yourself.

Aren't all the games except for the first garbage?

Wasn't A.C.E. a clone of ZoE?
I've never played either but I've heard that from some anons here.

You can thank the original PS1 controller for that.

At this point you seem to be derailing the thread more than he is. You just seem asshurt over nothing.

Are you attempting to consolewar about a console that's nearly 20 fucking years old?

Never played ZoE, so can't speak on that for sure. ACE is a fast-paced mech action game featuring mechs from different anime - mostly Real types like Gundams and Dragonar and the Aestivalis machines from Nadesico, but 3 also featured Getters. ACE 2 and 3 are masterpieces, but R and P are garbage and should be avoided at all costs.

A.C.E. and ZoE are kinda similar, but they're different games ultimately.
If you like either game you'll absolutely like the other.

And you sound like a virtue-signaling nigger.

Of the seven posts you've made in this thread, only one has been directly related to the topic at hand.

Definitive version is on the PSP.

What are some titles that emulate well on PCSX2?
So far I tried DQ8,Romancing Saga, Unlimited Saga,Shadow Hearts, Persona 4, Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear 2.
The RPGs seemed to do perfectly well for the most part, Shadow Hearts had the FMVs and the backgrounds fucked, Silent Hill had its FMVs fucked too along with the fog and MGS2 ran slow when I went first person mode.

I should check out what kind of tweaking I should do for each game to see how much its just caused by the fact Im running this on a laptop

Monster Hunter 2 works fine, as does SRW Z and ACE 2, but not ACE 3 or either of the OG SRW games.

Just get a cheap PS2. PCSX2 is ZSNES-tier.

It's sad how pretty much all emulation of home consoles post 4th gen (with PS1 being the exception) is shit.

Modded consoles are the way to go.

And both of yours are shitposts.

ACE 3 is still broken? As far as I can tell OG works. ACE 3 looked damn nice even on the original hardware when I played a backup of it years ago as a teen.

The laptop CPU will fuck it up every single time since the cores aren't strong enough, even a cheap desktop dual-core jewtel would work better, at least in hardware more.

The original Way of the Samurai is my absolute favorite. Fucking great game and to this day it's only on PS2.

I just found my brothers PS2. Is there way to modify it to play ISO's? Is there an "Everdrive" type device for PS2?

If it's a fat PS2 you can just mod it to run games off a HDD, that's about as close as the PS2 gets to an Everdrive at the moment.

No, they're just different. 1 is a classic happy go lucky platformer collectathon with some combat. 2 is a darker, combat and vehicle oriented game with a lesser focus on platforming. Both games are good, but they're pretty apples and oranges, and you could tell that naughty dog wanted to aim for a slightly older/edgier teen audience.

Tried it a couple weeks ago, it runs the first stage fine but freezes upon deploying for the second stage.

It might work if you turn off battle sequences, but it freezes anytime you try to run a battle. IMPACT had the same problem.

thanks

MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM

But what are you?

The GOD HAND

No, I'm trying to consolewar about a console that's nearly 30 fucking years old.
GENESIS > SNES

Burnout 2 was shit and the series wasn't good until 3. I literally played it too and dropped it in less than an hour because of bad controls, no music and bland as fucking environments.

Why is this on here?

PCSX2 really is awful. It works on a handful of games decent enough but it isn't even close to playable on most games. I don't understand how people accept such low quality. BRO WHO CARE IF ITS FARTING IN MY EARS AND THE INVENTORY DISAPPEARS SOMETIMES STOP BEING AUTISTIC JESUS.

Just get a PS2 and a hard drive, or run the iso's off your network, or hell even just burn CDs if you want to go old school. Its not that I'm against piracy, but I am definitely pro playing games in something resembling a pleasant way.

This, really. When it works it works, but I wish they'd try to make something that actually plays PS2 games instead of just "works on a case by case basis" because then they inevitably focus on making crap like Kingdom Hearts run better than perfect while actually good games get left unplayable forever.