Nioh Thread

Devotion edition
Alternatively, tfw I never noticed there was a second page of prestige rewards until yesterday

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your shit loot grind is dead Jim.

People are watching the cancer no game show right now.

Reminder that Ginchiyo dies after the battle of Sekigahara

2 years after Sekigahara. But yeah, she's kill by the time the DLC roll out.
Since we're talking girls, here's the final boss of the DLC portrayed as a little girl.

Just got the complete edtion 2 days ago, started playing through the first expansion packā€¦ I fucking hate the new stun kappa. Anybody else think so?

The new enemies of dragon of the north are pretty annoying, yeah. Just wait until you see the boss.

Damn that sucks, because I happen to like Date Masamune quite a lot (aside from his attempt to use christianity to take over Japan). Date's fashion, architecture, and arts are all very stylish.

Masamune as a boss is brutal but good, sort of Lady Maria on steroids. He also turns into a bro after the fight and for the two other DLC. As a matter of fact I'm not too certain if I understood the finisher sequence on Nine tails right Seemed to me Masamune shows up to save William and Yukimura, but he fucked off immediately afterwards

Can anyone post that explanation from last thread on how to get a Yaranaika Magatama?

It's Yanasaika user.

Link to the cheat engine guide for transform unlocks?

Right. The Yosuke Magatama

It's not the Yamcha Magatama?

I just want you to tell me if you know where can I find a Yukari Magatama you little faggot. I remember it had something to do with the Trail of the Master mission.

I found a Yu-Yu Magmatama once in the level where you first fight the Ten Bravados.

You get 3 chances to get a Yamanaka Magatama if you open the door to the right of the shirne, check the Amrita point, use the shrine for the first time, check the point again and loot the other thing, and then use the shrine and check it a third time.

I just unlocked Way of the Wise, ran a quick Ginchiyo and got an orange hiyazori that's not a set but is a set. And it's a fucking good set, but its pieces are all "???".
This is that Ethereal shit I've been hearing about, right?
Please tell me my eyes aren't making shit up here. If I get an Ethereal piece of a set like Tatenashi, will it also have an Ethereal set in addition to its original set? Double set time?

Is this game going Deepest Loot?

You can't get double sets, and yes that is an ethereal item.
Once you find other pieces those will reveal, you can also reroll what ethereal pieces are but that's an entirely other discussion.

Oh, damn. That's fine, this is a fun new rabbit hole to go down anyway.
I could have sworn I read a post in the previous thread where someone was saying "if you wear the 4 piece so-and-so set together with the 6-piece that-set you'll have a pretty good build going". Not sure what that was about, but I probably misread and it was just related to the yamatama.

It's possible they could have mentioned ethereal sets, there's 20+ of them to go across all the items that were not part of sets before. Though if you are mixing sets the req-1 from an ethereal accessory or that magatama would be necessary.

So we're clear, the ethereal -1 set accessory effect does NOT stack with the magatama's inherent -1 bonus, correct?

Wow user-kun how can you be such a retard? It's literally impossible to miss the LB RB prompts.

Those are Graces.

Graces are like randomized sets. Every ethereal equipment item (other than accessories) will have a random Grace if it does not already belong to a set. Because Graces are randomized the pieces can potentially be any kind of non-set item in the game, so that's why they have ??? as their part list. When you equip items from a grace the ones you have equipped will show up in place of those ???s

Okay, okay, jokes aside, the Yasakani no Magatama exists in the Japanese Imperial Palace.

They do not stack, if they did the builds that could be done would be absurd. I hope they patch it so they do add one day for the sake of fun.

It knows
I'm just going to play the game and see if it ever shows up

You're not going to get me to break and enter into some emperor's residence to try to get a videogame item user, I already know that trick

It does end up showing up user, from experience you're going to end up with more than you'll know what to do with.

Does this game have any "events" with rewards that go away?

It has dailies that are recycled versions of missions you completed. But those cycle.

Wait, what the fuck is that? I never put points in any of that shit.

You may have noticed that you were getting titles while you played, those level up your reputation which awards you points that you can put in to increase certain aspects of William.

They are largely inconsequential

They're shit if you don't maximize them. Pick 5 and only 5 of each of the two trees.

I really fucking hate the loot system on this game, holy shit.
Its really a pain to sell all of my inventory because its all garbage aside from maybe 2 or 3 items with special conditions actually worth a dick.

You can lock those items and sell the rest

or better yet, send them to the storehouse.

That's what I do, I scroll through, send what I like to the item storehouse and then go to the blacksmith and disassemble all

I know, but its still a pain to autosell everytime and check if something has better or unique stats than your current shit.

Honestly, how is the game? I really liked Dark Souls and Demon Souls but got burnt out by them. Is it too similar to those games or does it do enough to make it feel unique that someone who couldn't finish DS3 out of boredom would enjoy this?

Thousands of divine weapons to sort, and no subfunctions to select by specific properties, weapon types, armor types, weights, etc. The sorting and selection needs much more customization.

This is not memelike game.

You won't get even close to those numbers.

Yes you will. Those are the maximums, which you get long before you've achieved every title.

It looks similar but plays completely different from Souls games.

Is not like Dark Souls at all in terms of gameplay despite the obvious influences.
The lack of jumping altogether really irks me.

Post a screenshot of your stats then

It's worse than the Souls games because there's WAY more focus on RNG loot and equipment stats so the grind basically never ends. The combat is different too, but in a way that's needlessly complex and unenjoyable. Magic and ninjutsu feel tacked on, and weapons all have skill trees you have to unlock to get more moves, but a lot of the moves are basically the same thing across different weapons. This move unlocking also adds more grinding. You have "honor" which is yet another thing you have to grind to get points in and spend on tiny upgrades like 0.5% resist elemental damage.

The levels are all quite small, and enemy variety is low for a large portion of the game. Truthfully you could just casually walk away from almost all enemies and head straight for the boss on most of these levels. Then you get level repetition where you play the same map again except this time the lighting is different and they blocked off half of the already small maps to make them tiny.

Happy now dumbass?

Anyone know of a full list of the armors in Nioh with pictures of the models? I need it for refashioning purposes.
fextralife wiki is as shit as always and is missing DLC armor.

How do you respec them?

You can buy the koan manual from the blacksmith.

Not from the blacksmith, from the teahouse

Right, it is the teahouse. I was thinking that the blacksmith sold both books for some reason.

I'm around level 280, and the only time I spent grinding was when I was trying to get the Flame Dragon and Izuna Drop from Jin Hayabusa. That itself only took a few hours. The RNG is also largely offset by the fact that you get so much damn loot. The only time you might have to grind is if you want to optimise the fuck out of your build (getting entire divine sets, smithing texts, etc.) which isn't really that necessary, especially considering how easy the early difficulties are.
The combat isn't that complex. As for how enjoyable it is, that largely depends on how you play it. You're expected to use everything you have at your disposal in the game and if you don't you're gimping yourself. If you try to play it like dark souls for example, you're going to have a shit time.
I disagree. They're pretty well implemented and everything has its use. I'm playing a ninja build at the moment and the myriad of items effectively supplements the lack of health and damage reduction, the same can be said for onmyo mages.
No problem here
Again, not a problem. A lot of the skills apply to the same weapons, like ki pulsing with a dodge, and it would be stupid if you had to buy that shit multiple times for different weapons.
Never needed to grind for samurai points, you get a fuckton from simply levelling up and playing the game.
Confirmed for barely playing the game. Honor is spent on entirely optional shit like gestures and transformation, and on top of that, you get so much of that shit in coop it's not funny. I had a great time with a mate playing coop missions last night and ended up with 40k glory in the span of a couple of hours. Those minor bonuses you mentioned are bought with points earned by getting titles, which again, you will get just by playing the game normally.
The rest I agree with, the main problem I found with the game was level design, it's very hit and miss. I didn't enjoy doing the side missions that were just smaller main missions with different enemy placement. The fun missions were fighting multiple bosses, waves of enemies in an arena, a boss you've already fought but tougher. The gameplay was enjoyable enough to make these missions fun.

Thanks user, I was just going through the game hoping I'd pick up one eventually, and I never bothered looking at the teahouse for items since I want to spend my glory on glorious Maria.

lol @ retarded fanboy in denial of reality.

TBH its really not like Dark Souls. Its more like Bloodborne in terms of movement and overall combat which for me is an immediate pass despite the circlejerk BB gets. I'm still slogging through the game, like I did BB, but I doubt it will ever get a replay. Its not a bad game, just not remotely as good as Dark Souls was to me, and I really doubt anything will ever scratch that itch.

The universe isn't quite as appealing as souls was to me. The whole concept of "amrita" just feels too convoluted and isn't explained well enough. The idea of a "soul" kind of comes with it's own explanation, and it follows easily for things like

The JRPG style cutscenes and story also don't help. Like, they're nice, but they don't really fit in with the type of game that Nioh is.

Don't ever "replay" Nioh, just respec. It takes way too long to collect smithing texts to replay from scratch. Although the abyss did help immensely in that regard.

Fun fact: Nioh didn't invent amrita it's a concept from India and it's related to the Greek concept of ambrosia.
In Nioh's case see "hitodama", which is also the inspiration for the pryefly effect in Final Fantasy.

I've heard this or lines similar to it a few times regarding this game. Things probably get better once I've leveled up some more and fully understand whats going on.

The long and the short of it is that the game doesn't punish you for respecing beyond the cost in gold or glory points for the two types of respec books. Additionally any skill points you earn via locks of hair are yours permanently.

The other user said pretty much everything else I wanted to but
This in particular I don't get. The routine of fluxing and ki pulsing after every attack becomes second nature after a while, how long did you play it for?
This only happens in optional missions and not even all of them, I haven't played the game in months and I remember quite a few unique areas that don't appear in story missions. I'm not excusing reuse of level assets, because it's clear it wasn't for lack of budget or anything, but I don't think it's that much of an issue.

That bathhouse is beautiful.

Gotta add the fox mission from the DLC to that.

God yes.

When do I get the ability to forge divine stuff?

holy fuck i suck so much at this game
what do all the things do
What do I put points in
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The end of Way of the Samurai or any time in Way of the Strong. You need to get divine drops and disassemble them into divine fragments to use as material.

Alright, so I keep dissassembling divines and eventually the Muramasa and his dumb granddaughter will learn how to forge divines?

jus b urself :)
Learn to ki pulse and flux, you can check what everything does by pressing start at the menus; spend your points in whatever, you can respec easily if you fuck up too hard

I made a wall of text to serve as pasta but I forgot where I saved it, so here's the summary.

There's no option for it on the menus.
You choose a thing to forge, choose the materials (exotic or whatever) and then hilight the "FORGE" button, and on the bottom of the screen you'll see an option to press a button to add "Divine Fragments"
They give your gear a chance to be forged as a divine, and you can use up to 10 at a time.

Goddammit, never saw that prompt before. Thanks.
Nice

Most Yokai will just generate more ki in the middle of combos for me all the time. I break their ki, they can get stunned for like a second, and then they just use their ability to get moire ki again while I'm kicking their shit in. It seems almost pointless to do.

I don't get how ki work for enemies in general in this fucking game. The red spirits are especially bad. There have been many times they've been out of ki and I've hit them to stun them, but they just keep attacking/guarding/dodging like it doesn't even matter and just never go into the red.

Human enemies are deceptive because you think they play by the same rules that you do. Their ki just restores faster than yours does, so times where YOU might get staggered because you're out of ki, they would be able to recover enough. You really have to push their shit in with power attacks and not pause to get it to break.

Youkais and humans work differently:
If you deplete a youkai's ki bar he'll become vulnerable to a final blow, and afterwards you get to stunlock his ass for a few seconds. You have to stop hitting him after his ki goes to zero for a second otherwise no final blow for you, you get just the stunlock.
As for humans just getting them into red is not enough, you need to hit them while the ki bar is flashing red, then you get a grapple chance. If you hit them with a regular attack instead, they'll fall down and you get to do a final blow on them while they're on the floor, which does less damage than a grapple. Kunais and shurikens get them to final blow state too, in fact kunais can seriously fuck up an enemy's ki.

It does give you time to get behind them for the damage bonus, as well as getting a free combo or power hit in as they stand. It's also sometimes a safety consideration to go for the knockdown rather than the grapple, since many boss humans and a lot of higher level trash humans have Rapid Recovery that cuts their "winded" animation from 4 seconds to 1 second.

Consider using kekkai talismans since they dispel the miasma fields. So does LW mode.
Another good way to break anyone's ki is to build up two different elemental statuses at once. If you do that their ki breaks like glass. This is how you offensive mage in this game.

My rage fuels my journey forward.

Way of the Wise Onryoki is making me feel like it's my first day playing the game all over again. I'm so fucking bothered right now.
This is true suffering.
There's nothing hard about this guy other than his huge HP and Defense, and his monstrous attack power. He's slow moving, he's predictable, he telegraphs like he's Samuel Morse, and I can block or dodge every one of his very few attacks.
Yet I just can't get through the fight without fucking up somewhere. Holy shit I'm mad at myself right now.

what did I do to deserve this?

Social behavior beyond shitposting anonymously is disgusting and deserves punishment. Why don't you know this by now?

pls play nioh w/ me

I wonder what exactly the translators were thinking when they translated "shinobi" to "dexterity". Wouldn't that make it less obvious that it was for Ninjutsu? If anything it should have been translated to "stealth".

You must be pretty good to survive without putting much into Body.

Indeed, the bathhouse was one of the most comfiest levels. I wish there were more of those.

Hino-Enma without the ability to actually block attacks was a special kind of hell

I found that boss rather easy, but then again I initially put balanced stats (other than ninjutsu and magic), and were able to barely survive her umbrella attacks

I use the lightest armor I can find with adequate skills, so Shinobi. Every single one of her attacks could one hit me if I got hit by the full brunt of it, and if I got so much as slightly grazed by a bit of her ice that was 4/5 of my health fucking done.

Yikes. I remember her hits only taking about a third of my health, but then again I don't really remember.

underrated item

I finally did it, and without a scrap of ethereal gear or a yasakani magatama. I can finally ignore everything that isn't a direct physical melee attack.
Now that ethereals and yasakanis are dropping for me, I'm interested to see how I can enhance this going forward. Getting that physical damage reduction up higher would be pretty sweet.

Impressive.

I usually stack up drop and money bonuses, but perhaps I should consider stacking defense bonuses moreā€¦

DSP dropped the game after dying to Masamune Date ~30 times.

overrated game

So it probably goes without saying, but rolling a Change to stat C+ attribute is useless on a weapon that already has C+ to said stat natively, right?

At least he beat Shigezane. More than I would expect.

wasted trips

You say this game is worse than the souls games, but that is not the case for everybody. For me personally, the game is far more enjoyable than any souls game. I couldn't stop playing Nioh, playing hours per day until I finally finished vanilla (100 hours or so), while I spent years to force myself to almost beat demon's souls because it was somewhat boring for me.

He ended up giving me my first Yamaxanadu Magatama when I beat his ass in one of the later missions too

wew lad
Do the DLC on way of the strong now, or better yet, do it on way of the demon underlevelled, then you'll get the proper experience.

Because of the way the difficulties are laid out, and how easily you can skip ahead and gear up, the game's difficulty really does feel very uneven after a while.
I'm currently playing through Way of the Wise with gear entirely from Way of the Strong. I skipped Way of the Demon entirely barring the few sub-missions I was required to clear to unlock The Queen's Eyes.

I'm noticing that the difficulty is extremely spiky for me now, especially with all of the new attacks they added to every enemy. Getting hit is either pure death, or close to it, for example getting grabbed by a normal small dweller zombie with the "hold you down and beat you with a rock" attack was enough to 1-shot me from full health. On the other hand, killing things isn't nearly as difficult as I would expect, and even the new "red" enemies go down relatively quickly.
Jumping back down to Strong, or even Demon, is laughably easy by comparison.

Alright, do I have to beat all main missions on WotStrong before I can unlock the next difficulty, or just do enough random missions?

Beat enough missions until you unlock "the queen's eyes".

Just random missions. At a guess I'd say you have to clear 10 of them, but it may be fewer.

17. Exactly the same number of total missions as there are main missions.

Alternatively, if you complete the DLC in way of the Samurai (and/or maybe a large number of side missions) Way of the Strong queen's eyes will unlock even if you haven't done a single WotStrong mission. This probably continues in the other difficulties.

You'll notice a progress bar at the bottom when you are on the region-select screen for anything other than Way of the Samurai. That bar has several small segments and then one large unsegmented part. Every time you fill up a small segment you unlock the next region, and when you fill the last small segment you unlock the queens eyes. I never tried, but I think filling up the full bar unlocks everything in the next difficulty.

wew

Are you on right now user?

Source?

Energy Kyo-ka!! ~Bakunyuu JK. Gachi Zeme Hatsujou Chuu!~

God bless.

Is skill life drain and wind damage worth keeping? Wind adds a decent chunk of damage, but maybe I'd rather get something like increased skill damage instead of skill life drain.
And generally speaking is life worth keeping on armor as a defensive stat? Feels like it doesn't add much survivability.

The reason for this is that you are not limited in what you can do in a save file in any shape or form. Ending the game just unlocks the next difficulty, all the map is still there and you can replay any mission you please. The only reasons you'd ever want to start from scratch would be

Don't actually add this guy. He's a legitimate homosexual that attempts to ERP with you for no reason, asks you constantly if X is sexy men generally and then gets offended at you when you merely talk to him normally.

Just beat shigezane. A very enjoyable boss. I thought he was impossible to beat at first, but as I got used to his moveset, he turned out to be not that difficult at all.

Life drain is utterly worthless. The only reason I use it (and even then, get close combat life drain which works on all attacks) is because I wear Izanagi's set which grants a damage bonus on healing, so life drain constantly gives me damage bonuses. The amount of life you get per hit is just too small and doesn't even scale with the life you have.

I think that auto-recovery is much more viable. You gain a lot more over time than you do with an on-hit type of life gain, which ends up being enough to keep yourself topped off without using too many elixers. You have to trade some kind of damage bonus to get it though, and once you settle into a critical LW build (the strongest type of build) it becomes a detriment in itself.

Get close combat damage. Again, it affects all attacks with the weapon instead of just skills. "Skills" are all of the abilities you learn from Samurai points and are distinct from quick and strong attacks which you have at level 1. Strong or quick attacks are almost always going to be your bread and butter, so getting skill anything is a waste of space, and remember that it's impossible to have both.

As for life on armor, I would only ever bother with that in a full non-LW tank build. If you are focusing everything you can into damage reduction then you might find extra life is worthwhile. Even then, LW builds make better tanks anyway because they can have reduced damage (critical) at all times and the amount of life you have doesn't matter in LW.

Right now I'm playing a ninjutso throwing build, but I hear it scales poorly so I'm enjoying it while it's still strong. Trying to hunt down some gloves with inherited 2x throwing weapon damage, only got it on an accessory so far.

After a bunch of reforges I got close combat ki damage, is that a decent choice as well? It helps me guard break a bit more I think, which I have trouble with. Maybe the Kusarigama just isn't great at it, but when some mobs/bosses constantly block I feel like I get nowhere at all. I don't know how to punish that.

Gama is just terrible at that. Either find a way to hit them when they aren't guarding or just have a second weapon type. Odachi is incredible for guardbreak.

No parry (kusarigama) on your weapon would help a little. At least your attacks wouldn't bounce off, but you still aren't going to get through their Ki and increase ki damage won't help much with that either.

Also, Temper if you can. You'll never get what you need just reforging all day.

Also known as what you have to do to earn the Orochi crusher title. You're wearing Tatenashi right?

Once you are strong enough to have a rifle that can 1-shot the heads, it's not that hard. I only got hit once when I was speedrunning the thing, so focusing on not getting hit shouldn't take more than a few attempts.

Yessir, Tatenashi with a couple of charms and Genbu thrown on top for good measure.

*teleports to the next chapter*

The frustrating thing about Orochi is that it spawns you in the buttfuck nook where you can potentially be hit from the breath attacks of all the heads but you can't really move around until you beat the first 2 or 3 heads. It's funny, that battle is front heavy. If you can survive the first two waves then the rest is a cakewalk.

That's not how it works. Fight starts with only 1 head, kill that and you fight 2 heads, kill one of those and half the platform opens, kill one more head and it's all 5 remaining heads.

If you do a lot of damage to multiple heads without killing them it might open up and make you fight more at once.

They don't do as well in the higher difficulties, but there is a certain armor set that I don't want to spoil that grants unlimited shurikens that just use up your ki. It can be a fun set to use.

I've had problems when the battle moves to the 2 head phase that the other heads can sometimes zap me. I don't now if it was a glitch probably since that battle can be a bit glitchy or if it has been fixed, but it was annoying as shit.

I already played around with the Dragon Ninja set, that set bonus also makes your shurikens hit like wet paper balls. I just need another item or two with 2x throwing damage (anyone know easiest way to get this inherited on gloves?) to really pump up the damage.

Make sense, given that Shurikens in Ninja Gaiden may as well not do damage at all and exist only for ranged hitstun and combo potential.

Yeah but it's really lame in the game even though it fits thematically. If I want to use throwing weapons as combo fillers and stuff, I already carry 21 x 21 x 15 kunais/shurikens/storm which with unlimited ninjutso and the restore with LW they might as well be infinite for most fights. Also shinobi boxes.

You're talking about that, right? I heard there was an easter egg fight in Bloodshed's end well into WotD, attempted in on Samurai and still got my ass kicked. I guess it's Nioh's equivalent of a true last boss.

FYI, that Master Ninja fight has a chance of dropping two special skills. One of them unlocks an alternative grapple attack for swords, the other unlocks a special Ninjutsu. The grapple has to be set in the skill settings

Yeah I got the ninjutsu. I don't have much ninjutsu power but I'm sure I can make some use out of it.

Is it possible to craft weapons above 150 or are those drops only? I'm assuming the smithing perk to increase level on forged items means the (+1) etc levels.

Smithing perk is actual levels. It won't go over the "cap" for a difficulty.

Blacksmith crafting level depends on the highest mission you've completed. To go over 150 you have to do a mission in Way of the Demon. The missions in the third region should take it to about 180 with the perks.

It's actually a pretty great as part of an elemental onmyo build as long as you have plenty of dex as well as magic. You can completely replace the fire shot and fireball spells.

The grapple is even better. Unlike normal grapples it sets the enemy up for a final blow afterward.

Does the steam version still always crash at some spot? Some user a few threads ago said that was an issue.

I had random crashes upon killing enemies, fixed by disabling the steam overlay. I put it back and it doesn't seem to crash anymore. The biggest issue was with Hundred Eyes, which has a pretty widely reported crash, but I have not tackled this boss for a while.

So a Merciless Barrage for swords then. Neat.

Finally got to way of the wise. Thank god the kelley's AI is retarded.

Straight up Sen to Chihiro tier.

High Stance on kusarigamas is pretty good at breaking guard. It's good in general, especially for building up elemental ailments.

Hello yes I am on right now

it's not nice to lie, user-kun

Holy shit, this game is pretty tough. Dark Souls 1-3 Gave me like no trouble at all aside from maybe 1 or 2 bosses. Have died like 6 times to the first boss in the ship. Any tips? I am using sword and have been putting all my points into Heart. What stance should I be using?
inb4 git gud

We should just put a pastebin with this in the OP next thread

namahage
Everything is my fault.

On the bright side, if you can finish a WotW twilight mission you will earn a Divine Umbracite, which also means that you will be able to upgrade any umbracite you have to Divine quality. Not that I recommend upgrading all of it, low tiers are still very useful to have and upgrading is inefficient, but it gives you access to all tiers of tempering as needed.

That said, your item level shouldn't be much of a problem. The problem is your itemization

You mean my tools? I don't use everything I should, and both Dex and Magic are dump stats for me so neither onmyo nor ninjutsu does damage.
I mainly just use damas for slimes and caltrop bombs on bosses like muneshige that stagger every time they touch a spike. If I could actually go through an entire stage killing everything with just ninjutsu, I'd probably have paid closer attention to it.

No, I mean the stats you have ON your equipment, rather than the equipment's level.

I'm usually the one who posts the new threads, so I'll keep that in mind.

Oh, well they're the reason I haven't upgraded to current-level gear. My stats on my equipment are pretty much perfect for now, until I can farm up a Grace set or something maybe.
If I get an Ethereal Odachi to drop, I'll switch to that and start reforging, but Ethereal drops are so rare that it'll probably take a week or two to get one.

On the bright side, I've gained about 120 levels in two hours.

I'm being punished.

Why are almost all the revenants I summon either wearing the warrior of the west set or the red demon set? They're usually purple or green rarity at these levels I'm at now but stillā€¦ is there some sort of build that involves these sets that everyone loves?

They're the people who die constantly. The reason they're wearing those sets is because they're shit. If you want good gear, don't look for players who die.

Makes sense I suppose. Also is there any way of knowing if your own revenant has killed someone?

Pretty sure it's just some sort of snowball effect.
I mean, the Kuroda family sets are available at this level, but Muneshige's strikes an attractive balance between availability, defense and weight.

Not that I know of, but that'd be pretty sweet. I'd love to see a daily kill sheet, maybe get some small token amrita or elixers for the storehouse from it. Nothing major, just like a gold star for shitter-crushing.

That's not the reason. Even at revenant trading sites you still end up finding large number of people wearing those armors. More over there are other armor sets that are claerly underpowered like Gallantry and Legendary Strategist and you still rarely if ever see revenants with those armor sets.
This user has it figured out.

Damn, can you wear heavy armor sets at that point and still get medium armor agility?

I have a good deal of stamina, but I'm also fairly certain I have weight reducing attributes on my heaviest pieces. My armor is pretty much just shit slapped together to get some spear-relevant set bonuses and whatever had the best defense to make it through Way of the Demon though. Don't look at me for sensible build design.

Warrior of the west I understand. Red demon doesn't make sense. Red demon set isn't available until the end of the third region, I would really expect Iga Ninja to be much more popular.

How much does Ninetails' "Ethereal Item Drop Rate: C" help?
Is it better to take Daiba Washi's +33.4% Equipment Drop Rate or Itokuri's +78 Luck instead?

I have no idea, but generally speaking a C rank perk is less than 5%, so I doubt it helps much.

I hate to state the obvious but the gimmick to the boss area is that you are in a constrained space and forced to face him in close combat, which I think is neat because it is essentially a test to see if you truly understand how to face the basic yokai in the mission. His moveset mainly involves you knowing where to dodge. Which spirit did you choose? Living weapon is a great trump card and can be what you need to finish him.
All of them preferably since they all have certain traits, I tend to stay in high stance and switch to mid and sometimes low depending on the flow of the battle.

The trick to the Onryoki is to block his ball spin, and dodge through him for his ball-less spin.

Is poison damage hard capped at 999 ?

How do I git good? I've gotten to the end of the first play through where whats left is the sub missions of dual bosses and what not. How do you deal with the two bosses? I'm also likeā€¦lvl 110 and all these are 145-150. Do I just grind previous levels for the amrita or what

Ignore recommended level entirely.
And don't type like you're a fucking stuttering teenager.

The dual bosses were meant as post-game challenges before the DLC was released. They're super hard fights. If you don't go into the DLCs and gear up, your best bet is to make builds catered to each fight specifically.
Whatever your plan, just figure out which boss is the least threatening and take out the other one first. For example, in the Sakon+Muneshige fight, you can easily kite Muneshige around while ignoring Sakon because he just walks slowly after the two of you.

Get fucking wrecked

Focus all your damage on one opponent at a time. Go after the one that is the most dangerous to you.

Turning debuffs into buffs is what I live for. YOUR POISON ONLY MAKES ME STRONGER

Doesn't one of the grace set bonuses require you to set yourself on fire to use it?

OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

You're not allowed to post until you get to at least the end of Raoh's arc. I have already contacted the mods, you will be banned shortly.

Gas yourself subhuman :^)

SERIOUS QUESTION

What jutsu in particular do the Magic/Onmyo Magic Power stats directly affect?

Am I going to be able to use the buff talismans to their full capacity without dumping points into Magic?

I'm not sure if or how much the magic stat affects how long buffs or debuffs last. There is a mystic art for onmyo that makes status effects last longer and you can get bonuses on armor to lengthen the time for individual spells.

Anything that does damage directly. Buffs aren't affected.

How do you get that massive sloth debuff that Flying Bolts and Onmyo Magi cast on you?
That shit can sometimes be so powerful that it takes me 5 seconds to take a single step. It's like they have a supercharged version of it that they bust out sometimes.

I'm not talking about when they stack it on you with lightning debuff or confusion, either, that's a whole other world of ass.

You have too become a youkai.

Carnage, not Leeching. Leeching kills my living weapon meter.

You mean Honda right? Fighting Sakon and Muneshige at the same time would be a real bitch since both are fast.

Otani is a joke everyone would just focus him down and then kill Sanada.

Is there any way to get a triple boss without someone helping you?

Thanks, I finished a few of the beginning ones like Oda and his wench. Goddamn is it stressful when the second one is out of camera casting spells at you.

I apologize.

Otani is pretty dangerous, he just dies easily.

Imagine fighting Ishida Mitsunari and Date Masamune together

Oh, he was a fat spear guy so I just assumed it was Sakon. I don't know who Honda is. All these Japanese people in beetle-inspired helmets kind of blend together into one Omninip to me.
Except Nobunaga. That dude's so flamboyant I'd swear he was italian.

Honda Tadakatsu was the big spear guy in black armor that you fought before taking on Okatsu and also in that one rematch side mission.

pls no

The dude who lives in the castle of poo monsters? I haven't fought him on WotW yet, but every time before then, he's basically don't nothing but stand there and die.
He telegraphs so hard his fighting style is morse code.

Yep. You'd think a guy that was basically the japanese equivalent to Lu Bu would be more threatening but no.

His heal is annoying if you don't see it coming but for the most part he is lower on the difficulty in terms of bosses.

The difficulty of bosses is sort of all over the place. Did they add or tweak bosses to the base game regions when they added the DLC?
Some of them are just so "fuck you" hard, but then the supposed final boss Hundred Eyes is the least threatening giant yokai in the game.

Maria is hard as hell, but you only get to fight her the one time and then after teasing another fight for hours and hours she fucks off from the story without even sucking your dick.
Then comes Jin Hayabusa who's so fucking fast I'm still convinced his three people. I blocked that motherfucker's attack and I swear to god, he paused for a second and just glared at me, and then hacked at my block like he was chopping wood and cut right the fuck through my ki and then through me. That dude at least teaches you his wizard magic when you beat him, but Maria didn't even teach me her phone number.

No he's always been that way. The main difficulty with him is that he can instantly cause confusion with his eye lasers and you're stuck in a dungeon where you cant switch your spirit.
3 Kelleys fucked me up multiple times though.

I panicked when that happened and immediately LW'd but then I say how little ki they had and just got bummed over my wasted LW.
Also can the smith learn more recipes by just going through the higher difficulties or does she really need more smithing texts?

I didn't even know that. All I've seen them do is miss a lot, and be free LW fuel. I think I've also seen them heal him for massive numbers, but I honestly couldn't tell where the healing numbers were coming from so I just doubled down my damage and killed him before he did some other weird shit.

She needs the texts, but she learns most of the non-special shit just by you picking up a piece of it in the field.
Many missions in WotStrong and up offer smithing texts as rewards, but there's a ton that you have to farm, and farming for them is the worst kind of punishment.

Damn, I was hoping she'd just magically learn how to craft Nagayoshi's stuff since that set bonus looks appealing. Welp, time to stack luck and item drop rate.

There are also a bunch of smithing texts only found in the Abyss.

Speaking of texts, I really wish Maria's sword was a thing. I'd love to have my weapon refashioned into a rapier.

Yeah basically just keep fighting Hanzo in the Abyss to get a lot of nice stuff.

Is it only Hanzo? I've seen people saying that it's any of the Dojo masters that appear there.

Any masters.

I think there are a few schematics that are basically rewards for completing certain floors. Most of them are for items, not equipment. I also remember getting one for swordsmith's hammer (soul match +value inherit) but I'm not sure if that was a floor drop or a random.

It's anybody. I think Hanzo is just the easiest to get to if you want to farm.

So I'm in NG+ and I have several armor sets I would like to use however the weight for them is ridicolous I'm using a strength build and even with 50 stamina and 50 strength+ I'm at 76% encumbrance.

Is it normal to have a heavy armor build with high ass stamina?

You needn't limit your imagination to conventional bosses.
Nine tails and Yamata no Orochi

Reroll some armor slots to get equipment weight reduction.

Both are trivialized by 100% projectile and elemental damage immunity, otherwise I'd agree with you. That'd make the game into a bullet hell.

The swordsmith's hammer and the cats kabuto are rewards for clearing floors.

You could try meshing some medium armour with your heavy armour. My old build had 3 pieces of tatenashi and 2 general of keigetsu with 50 stamina and strength, and weight reduction on the torso.

How good is Enemies Defeated Damage Bonus? I know it increases your damage the more enemies you kill before dying or using a shrine, how is it compared to a slight close combat attack bonus or something like that?

At its maximum, Enemies Defeated bonus is the same as Equipment Weight Damage bonus or Agility Damage bonus (with A agility). It's also the same percentage as Familiarity with a maxed Divine weapon, but familiarity only affects the weapon its on while all other bonuses affect all damage as long as they are in your active melee/ranged slot.

Since EWDB, Agility, and Familiarity are always at their maximum, wheras Enemies Defeated and Consecutive hits fluctuate between 0 and max, those two are always considered inferior bonuses.

I already dread those goddamn gauntlet planes.

Anyone know where I can get a smithing text for the frontline armor? I want a slightly tougher light armor to craft.

Are they nuke-maru and kogarasu-maru still a drop only or did the new DLC add the smithing text?

I don't think that one's actually craftable.
There are several nice light armors though. What armor are you currently wearing?

I'm still using a divine scout armor set I got through drops and I could craft Naomasa's set but the bonus doesn't really appeal to me.

There's still several other light armor sets you can make
Legendary Strategist's Garb
Iga Jonin Apparel
Yatagarasu Set
Justice Ministry Set
Yagyu Set
plus there are a few other generic armors that you can forge.

No they have a text now.

I'm gonna need to kill Otani over and over again for that one aren't I? Ah well, a little grind never hurt.

I'm not sure which one's better to do the regular mission or the side mission where you fight him and then Mitsunari right after. The side mission is faster to get through but it's at a little higher level.
Here's a couple of other light armors that are forgable. I like the orange ninja armor in particular. Of course you can also forge Sarutobi's ninja armor too.

is that fucking naruto armor

Where do you get the text?

The abyss from dojo masters. It might drop from a revenant in Where Dark Forces Gather too.

Any suggestions on how I should reforge this Odachi? My hammer feels pretty solid the way it is, but the odachi needs some work.
I think I want to change Final Blow Damage and maybe Pierce Guard, but I don't know what I should aim for. Lightning? Fire?
Also not sure what I should inherit in to fill that currently garbage slot.

The inherit slot is largely garbage accross the board in my experience. I'd replace grapple/final blow by weaken melee weapons and pierce guard by parry disabled.

Done, thanks. I'll test it out and see how it feels. I'll also find something to toss into that inherit slot real quick because I barely ever use high stance anyway.

I feel like I'm wasting all my good luck on pre-DLC shit

You gotta put luck in to get luck out, and it always feels good to get an upgrade. You'll be swimming in crafting resources by the time you're in late game, so don't sweat it.

I just used Cheat Engine to put 3 Body Scaling A on an Axe (level 90 or so) and it STILL didn't do as much damage as this spear.

THIS GAME NEEDS BETTER MYSTIC ARTS

The move cancel? Or is the consecutive damage bonus that good?

Ishida was way more generous in dropping his smithing texts but at least I got a couple other texts for some dual swords. Totally worth it.

How does anyone even live on Oshu? I've spent the whole base game avoiding two on one fights like the plague and now Dragon of the North has a three on one around every other corner.

Just got jumped by two umbrellas and a Flying Bolt and I only survived that by a combination of blind luck and my eternal rage at umbrellas. Fuck umbrellas so hard. The first thing I do when I see an umbrella is slice it up six ways to Sunday, I swear to God.

What a delightful guy.
I gave him all the dungballs I had gathered up to WotW and he gave me a helm with AAA+ attack increase when surrounded. Too bad it's purple.

Only if this also nullifies all damage when it triggers and has a cooldown - a user-replenished cooldown not a time-based one. Like it restores every time you quick-sheath your axe on a perfect ki-pulse.
In WotN, practically everything is a one-shot kill no matter how high you stack your damage resistance and defense. You may as well be naked for all the good armor does, so having an attack that's based on eating a face-full of yokai dick isn't going to be too much fun.

And while we're on the subject of fixing Axes, that parry move is kind of shit. Provided it's timed properly, it should completely nullify all incoming damage and deal its full damage as expected. On a non-timely parry, it should double or triple the ki-damage taken from the block, but still nullify all damage provided your ki can withstand the hit, and then whiff the swing with a stumble and longer recovery animation.

They could have done much more interesting and involved abilities for many of the weapons, honestly.

Janomecho is way better and more convenient.

meant for

What do you mean? 60% of that is Jano-mecho.

Can I use Purging Talismans against those super buffed mobs in WotD (and beyond I assume)? Haven't learned it yet because I lack the points but it should work. Might replace sloth, rarely feels worth the time it takes to cast, I'd rather spend it casting Weakness.

I stopped using quick-change and suzaku because they stopped being reliable. So many enemies can now just whack me and instantly take away all of my buffs as well as suck out the top of my amrita gauge.

I'm not using Suzaku, I'm using Jano-mecho. She passively prevents death (60%, +10% from Saoirse, +30% from the clan I forget the name of) and if I do happen to have my living weapon ready (I usually do) I can activate it and get massive critical damage on top of not dying immediately.
I didn't like Suzaku for a few reasons.
Unreliable is a good word. Quick change is a last resort, since I'll often get attacked as I fall out of the air, although the touch-me-not does occasionally kill an enemy for me, so I don't have to worry about dying as I fall.

Suzaku got nerfed really hard after people made literally invincible builds with it

I read that before, but how did it work, exactly?

you could do a setup where you were always at max'd amrita using some talismans and suzaku's passive on full amrita preventing your death.
It was boring as hell to play with

So what clans are you guys with right now? Used to be in Date because I initially thought those LW bonuses would be really useful but I've since moved to Gamo for the consecutive attack bonus and luck.

Money's my primary concern currently, so Furuta.

Speaking of dosh, is there a good way to grind some? I'm at a point where I can almost unlock the next difficulty after WotD.

Personally I run a LW build with Paired Raiken. The reason that I use paired raiken is mainly for their LW stats, they have the second best Gague rate, the highest duration and great other stats as well. Combined with the two omnyo talismans and a bit of +gauge on my accessories I can get Living Weapon off of almost any single enemy. So I kill one thing or use a spirit stone, activate Living Weapon, and deactivate it whenever I have a chance to kill something easy like a Dweller.

I still use quick change and they still work, but I spend so much time in LW that it's rare anything really threatens me.

The best way to grind is to go to the battle of the bridge in Way of the Strong and kill revenants (must be online). Jump off the bridge when you run out of revenants to kill before the boss and that should reset them to kill them again. Then you sell the Divines. I think it's because of my equipment drop rate but they dropped like 3+ items per kill

You can sell Ranjatai Fragments from that Disappearing Ranjatai mission for 10 million a pop. I believe they're one-time rewards for completing the mission on each difficulty.
They're also worth a big whack of amrita, but the money is much more precious.

You could try that Otani and Ishida double boss fight side mission. They're pretty easy to kill and it gives you around 200k in Way of the Samurai so I imagine it gives way more in the higher difficulties.

The game doesn't really explain it, but it does show you which ones can break your buffs, it is typically the red shaded enemies (I forgot what they are called) with their own buff that shows a cracked status symbol. No boss I've seen can break buffs but they almost always have the amrita steal ability.

You can get it later in green. There's also a text in the abyss.

>

Is Muneshige's set the only way to make Tiger Sprint not shit? I kinda wanted to switch to it from Iai Quickdraw but it didn't do much damage and it doesn't even auto-track my targets.

Tiger sprint is pretty shit regardless. If you want a ranged chargeup attack try Odachi Devastating Rush. There are a couple of other decent ones but none of them have the reach.

I just farmed Sekigahara for the Justice set and I got it after like the 5th kill you must have some bad luck my dude.

Still can't reforge accessories or even forge them.

Quick question: how can I get lots of glory points?
I wanted to try PvP but the queues are long as fuck and the one battle I fought was worse than DaS in terms of lag.

Your best bet is coop. Random Encounters, but it's tied to your progress in solo.

Co-op.

Random encounters give glory based primarily on how far YOU have progressed in the story. Once you've completed WotN a single random encounter will grant 5-15k glory depending mainly on the size of the mission, regardless of how long it actually takes to complete or what difficulty level the host is in.

Never did co-op before, but I guess this is a good chance to try it, then.
Thanks.

You could wear the Gallantry set and switch to Night Rain.

By the way, this crest has a really uncertain translation, but the most accepted one is "one for all, all for one, and heaven bless the land".

This game looks pretty cool but I have to ask something; Is this game's main attraction the PvP or is the PvE solid enough to buy/pirate it?

The game is built entirely around single player PvE with Co-op PvE as a bonus.
PvP was tacked on after the fact. It's basically a fighting game mode. It seems fun enough, I've never played it since I won't buy PS+, but it's not at all the focus of the game.

Nice thanks for the info, i was just looking for a game like this

Sounds pretty useful to me

I just always pop Suzaku as soon as I get the chance and then ride out the duration until I hit a bunch of easy enemies. With the justice set and the talismans that give amrita on hit and extra amrita you only have to kill like a single Oni to charge your bar and either repop or keep going. Boss fights are the only time I pull out Raikan. Oh and Suzaku's talisman is also not too bad since it stuns/pushes back and drains ki.

I don't see the appeal of Suzaku to be honest. Everything about it is awful. With that low base duration even the recovery A+ won't keep it on very long, and the Action C and Gauge Rate D both ensure that it goes down and stays down.

After that, there's the fact that it basically doesn't have any usable perks. It has the prevents death thing, but that's what Quick Change scrolls are for and if you have LW ready you should just use it. +15% fire damage is negligible even in LW mode. Auto-charge gauge only works outside of LW and it takes forever, so there's no point in relying on it.

I use Paired Raiken and Kato. Mostly Raiken, Kato is just there so I can get a damage bonus vs non-yokai, but I really don't use skill damage enough for it to be worth the effort usually.

Suzaku last almost as long as Kato from my experience.

What exactly Spear Fluidity does? The descriptionā€¦ is fucking awful and I have no idea what it does. I can already change to any stance anytime without the Fluidity.

In other words, you find Suzaku noticably shorter in duration. That pretty much means it's worse in every way.

There's a specific skill called "spear stance change". Normally it only activates in high stance (not sure if it's coming or going) and does a special skill attack when you change stances. Basically the mystic art turns your stance change into an attack

Can I use that skill in any stance by just changing to High Stance and hit ki-pulse?

I don't use spears, so I really have no idea how it works. I'm just going by the description

exactly how am I supposed to make a build that doesn't do shit physical damage? Just get 70 heart for 1kat?

Not really since Suzaku has that amrita earned using living weapon bonus not to even mention that I'm usually wearing a couple of accessories with amrita during LW and am under the effect of Extraction and Pleiades. I also like Suzaku's attack better than Kato's; It's almost impossible to miss with Suzaku and the attack has a long duration.
The auto charge is great too. There's been plenty of times that I've hid over in a corner for a minute and then I'll have LW back.
The real great thing though is that Suzaku's auto life is safer than a Quick Change in many situations. You don't go into a death animation like you do with QC and you get that knock back effect when LW activates.
Of course by the time you get to WotD you're better off using Yukimura's final armor with a spirit of your choosing

Why does she looks more realistic than most other characters?
Why are some characters anime-looking and others realistic?

Having 100% prevent death while not in a critical state is much more reliable, unless you tank so much damage that you rarely die while not critical. Using that to avoid death and then activating LW with CCD (Critical) +19% (at minimum) is far more powerful. Quick-Change still helps.

(^: Ki-pulsing is what activates the skill, and you can't change stance without ki-pulsing first, after a combo. If you want to do a mid-stance combo and then use SpearSC, then you need the mystic art.

Since I run around in heavy armor a lot that ends up being an issue for me but I'll keep that in mind for my light armor builds.
In all honesty I've been using Suzaku+Quick Change for a while now for doubly safe combat. One will trigger if the other fails. The only time it fails is when I for get to put recurrent damage safety on my armor.

Been using Kusarigama for most of my playthrough, just got to Way of the Wise and I've been thinking about changing my build.
As a general rule of thumb, it's always worth maximizing your weapons primary stat to 99?
Should I keep dexterity and magic at a minimum 30-40 and solely focus on buffs/debuffs and utility?

Can I viably use other weapons in a more ninjutso focused build that has 99 dexterity? I'm mostly interested in using Spears or Odachi's
I'm thinking that since I just got to WotW I'll play through it a bit until I find an Ethereal Spear or Odachi to give a spin.
Lastly I wonder, is there a reason to use anything other than Warrior of the West Bow and Ravenwing Rifle for the 2 slot bonuses (with yasakani)? I feel stuck on these two weapons.

Yes, until you get to WotN, where it's 200.
If you're not going for a magic/ninjutsu themed build sure. In which case 30 is the cap for slots, anymore is for skill points.
You can. It will be sub-optimal, but optimal builds aren't necessarily the most fun. Just use whatever you want. I use a sword and kusarigama at the moment, since they both mesh with Jin Hayabusa's set.
Ninjutsu and onmyo builds can be very good at inflicting confusion, which you can abuse the fuck out of with the Odachi's ki damage and break. I don't know about the spear, it's more technical but fast enough that you could get away with being a Ninja.
Personally I use the Raishodo, because it looks cool and has good effects that compliment ninjutsu throwing weapons. The other slot is the Lightning Cannon, because again, it complements ninjutsu throwing weapons. You'll be getting ethereals soon, which all have graces if the weapon doesn't have its own set bonus, so fear not.

I love Rebecca but Ada is still my favorite.

Oh I actually have a Lightning Gun lying around, didn't pay much attention to the text and assumed it only counted towards the gun itself. That bow looks neat as well though sadly I haven't got one yet.
Maybe I'll stick to my throwing build for a bit, turns out I can improve it more than I thought.
Got tips on how to farm for a glove or two with 2x throwing damage as inherited?

Since I'm already using the Oninamida Muramasa for the Ida ninja set bonus maybe I should start using that instead to mix it up a bit. I hear the sword art that the Hayabusa ninja drops (only thing I'm missing) is good as well.

I forgot to ask, how would you suggest I easiest apply confusion? Didn't know about this but looked it up just now.
Fire seems obvious, either from bombs, fire shuriken or flame dragon. But other status effects from ninjutso such as poison and paralyze have a slow and tedious buildup. Any omnyo magic that instantly applies status effects? I've mostly used it for buffs and not touched the offensive spells.

All guardian talisman attacks. Some are better at inflicting status and easier to hit than others. Also I don't think confusion can proc stacking a ninjutsu status and an elemental status. Has to be two elements.

Maybe Jin Hayabasu isn't the right target dummy for my experiments, but the fire effect buildup from my bombs vanishes by the time I'm readying a second throw and my guardian talisman barely tickles him with Gyokuto even when standing in the effect. And I can at most hit him with 1-2 fire shurikens before the block spam starts.

Maybe confusion is only viable on a few bosses.

This is correct, it is only when you hit an enemy with elemental debuffs.

Ha ha, fuck no he isn't. I run a very elemental-focused build and I could only proc wind on him once after absolutely wailing on him. Even on Samurai he is very resistant. Try Giant Toad, he's fairly easy to confuse.

The Flame Dragon you get from Jin is great at scorching, second best ninjutsu item for that is fire shuriken. I use janomecho and her talisman is pretty good at blustering most opponents. Each GS talisman has varying degrees of effectiveness. For a ninjutsu build, aya-komori is probably the best. I'd say try out a few guardian spirits to see which works best for you.

Ah good another reason to slot it, Flame Dragon is pretty cool. I'm using Nekomata as well, and that one seems to have decent targeting and range. Do Gyokuto and Nekomata have the same effect when equipped as secondary (ninjutso lifesteal) or am I looking at something the wrong way? Not seen any other duplicate secondary GS effects.

Also trying to get that sword art, luckily I found his cheese spot. Only takes a few seconds on WotD

Anyone got tips on which sword skills are worth playing around with? Never really touched the thing outside the tutorial.

Also a question related to skills, I realized far too late that most weapons have passive skills that appear to be universal such as the axe granting raw HP, sword Ki, spear thrust damage (kunais n do thurst?). I just wanted to make sure that my assumption is correct and that they're only weapon specific if the text says so, like on all the Tonfa passives.

Your assumption is indeed correct. I rarely play sword but iai quickdraws and parries are often mentioned.

Maybe it's because I have about 100 hours worth of muscle memory practice with the Kusariguma, but basic swords feel like trash.

Obviously I'm talking without extensive experience, but swords seem to me like they ask for more skill, or perhaps more accurately precision, to be effective against humans. You have to rely on iai, parries and timely guard. The break and range are too low to use as a conventional weapon. Against yokai, however, it's fine.

Finally dropped a tonfa good enough to itemize into something I could use (lightning, boost lightning damage, various damage bonuses, weaken melee weapons), and it turns out this shit can be very handy on Way of the Wise. Especially against the red-boosted fuckers.
Now granted, I only tried it out on the regular red aura enemies and not on bosses, but it trivalized those normally daunting encounters completely.

Why is the Crashing Waves skill for Odachi so good? It absolutely bulldozes through blockfagging revenants/human enemies and does a good amount of physical and ki damage too. Are there any sets that focus on Odachis? I wanna main these bad boys now.

Just get all of the skills and play around with them, find out what you like. This is my setup:
(from the top of the skill customisation list)

Rabbit main, neko off for ninjutsu damage on spirits

Oh shit, that's a heavy armor set isn't it? I don't really wanna say goodbye to my A agility but I do remember the set bonus had a wicked damage increase. Guess I'll try for its smithing text later.

A agility isn't worth it. Just try to maintain B.

What did he mean by this?

Boost lighnting damage is a pretty bad stat. It might not be completely terrible if you spend all of your time in a lightning-based living weapon mode, but even then it's not a very strong damage boost most of the time. It does NOT improve status buildup, and weapon elemental damage is usually too small to get much out of that bonus.

WotW or WotN?

The damage isn't bad, but then I can do 10k with quick-high stance attacks and almost 30k with a back attack from LW. I've seen final blows on abyss bosses for over 80k, but the stars have to fucking align for that.

I use an odachi. That's 10k from the front. Usually I sit in mid stance though and just swing for about 5k until I get LW up, then I use LW and spam quick attacks until everything dies.

I play a throwing build too. Did you know that the Shadowround Talisman counts towards ninjutso stuff like kunais? It's amazing.

That's on WotW. Sitting at 101% throwing weapon damage plus around 30-40% on shuriken and kunai damage. I can get thrown weapon damage x2 but it never fucking drops in an inheritable slot.

No I wasn't aware. I guess you could say I fell into a throwing build strangely enough.

I think WotN cuts thrown damage in half just for the difficulty level, but I could be wrong.

What? Why not?
It's the inherit slot anyway, better that than fucking boost against nurikabe

I got a throwing only kill on Onryoki. Still viable it seems but minmaxing it at the mercy of getting inheritable TWDx2 pieces to drop is a big put off. At the end of the day I still like to smash shit with tonfa so when I do run out of shuriken and kunai it's no big deal really.

Because there's already an attribute that specifically improves elemental buildup, and it comes in much smaller increments. +50% buildup AND some damage would be OP by comparison.

pls

anyone

Here a small but if autism not often talked about; you can cancel your sheath animation by just moving a little bit (preferably forward since it's the quickest). Why would I do this you may ask? If you play katana or dual katanas you can do Iai quick draws much faster. While the later upgrade it's more efficient for doing this mid-combo, this is useful for being able to Iai quick draw out of a dodge.

rate my willy

Could use some nicer pants but that headband works well with that look. Too bad it only comes in one color.

Confusion builds are the shit.

Is there even a point in trying to make your divine gear last by leveling them up instead of switching over for ethereal gear? The soul matching cost is fucking ridiculous. My armor is 160-170 with about +13 average. Weapon is 200 +14.
I just hit Way of the Nioh and not sure how to improve my gear, trying to get them up nearly 100 lvls feels like a lost cause.

I just forged new gear that was the proper level when I got to a new difficulty and then upped it to + whatever was droppin.

On an unrelated note quick change scrolls seem to be useless as shit if the animation itself doesn't give you iframes. I've had many deaths where I would get slapped by a big skelly bro doing a whirlwind and I would just die instantly or I would drop attack on a regular skelly and he would just up slash and kill me in one hit because the animation locks you in place.

How do you get patronage points?

Spend your gold at the smith. Buying/forging/soul matching, etc.

There are a few other headbands. Genius Strategist has a white headband with black writing,Bandit armor has a brown headband and Kojuro's armor has a sort of Naruto looking headband. Kaido has a twisted leather rope for a headpiece.
And then there's this one.

If you talk to them they'll sometimes give you unique dialogue. If you pick the right option they'll give you patronage points.

The main damage increase will come from the equipment weight damage bonus, you'll also get a little CCD which is nice. The main draw is its massive damage reduction which'll let you smash through shit more recklessly with your slower attacks. It's a good set for getting Received Firearms Damage 100%, and Received Elemental Attack Damage 100%.

any good guides for how to do not shit combos? i saw a youtube vid of a guy that used the spear like it was an extension of his fucking body, true nioh reincarnate. he switched stances every second and did weapon change combos and did attacks that increased his speed and got him across the map faster. it was intense. how do i learn to do that as a retarded man? i have been using the same weapons the entire campaign and still feel like i barely know them.

Link the vid