Yet another new vegas thread

alright, niggers, let me give you some perspective on this game.

having worked for ups, one thing i've learned is that your personal politics should never interfere with your job. as a courier, your task is to deliver the package, and nothing else. it's not for them to know what's in the package, just that a customer who paid for your company to ship it is waiting for it to arrive and you are obligated to do so.

so what i'm getting at is A) fuck ulysses for trying to shit on the courier for doing his job B) the courier had no part in the conflict beyond getting revenge on benny and retrieving the chip to finish the delivery and C) because of this, House is the only choice you can go with.

except fuck you, courier is not just his job, he's his own man

hence the quest for benny. i get that. all i'm saying that in regards to delivering the chip, the courier was wrong to take it anywhere but House.

NCRfags BTFO

Isn't Mojave Express basically fucked if you choose to not help Primm?

Following your logic, you don't have any responsibility in helping the people of Primm, therefore if Mojave Express stopped working you are technically not a employee anymore. Hence, your only necessity is to find Benny and get your revenge, after that, you are free to do whatever you want. Hence, No Gods, No Masters best ending.

So basically if I have you transport some drugs for me but don't tell you they're drugs and you get shot for it by one of my underlings who wants the drugs for himself, we're cool right? I mean you were just doing your job. Legit question OP, please reply.

This user speaks the truth. The ideal behavior would be to not "play the game" at all. The mere fact that you are still alive after being literally buried would give you an ideal incognito status, nobody would go after you. And a easy life in goodsprings doesn't sound bad.

nv threads on Holla Forums are always so good

So what are you saying? Are BASED UPS/FEDEX or something?

I'm always in favor of not playing New Reddit.

Another bit of logic OP is missing is that it's a game, so really any ending is the "right" ending if it's the one you worked towards. Theoretically with someone as strong and unstoppable as the player character on their side ANY faction could work. The point is to give the player a world they can interact with and decide the fate of, it's not about right and wrong choices: it's about empowering the player.

And yes, in real life you'd absolutely just say "fuck all this retarded crazy shit, I'm going to spend the rest of my days fucking Sunny Smiles every which way from Sunday".

you seem to imply that House purposely let benny do what he did. the courier is just a middle man, he shouldn't be gunned down for completing a task.

I have never played New Vegas but I did play FO3 back in the day and thoroughly enjoyed it

I didn't imply anything like that. I'm well aware Benny was acting of his own will without Houses (limited) knowledge. Doesn't change any part of my statement.

so why would i be mad at House for one of his employees getting out of hand?

Shit taste is common here.

Because, as I said, he knowingly lied to you about what you were carrying. You were shot in the face because he didn't send guards to protect you or even inform you that you maybe hunted so you could take precautions. You were just walking along assuming you had some mundane knick-knack that no one was going to hassle you for. House used you like a puppet. It's not like Benny shot you because he hates you, he shot you because you had the chip, House gave you the chip and didn't protect or warn you about it.

And you didn't answer my question: if I have you transport drugs for me, without telling you and in fact making you assume the package is mundane, and then a member of my organization hunts you down and basically kills you (mind you I had no idea he would do this, but I still gave you the package and didn't warn you to protect yourself or that what you were carrying might be dangerous), then are we cool? You'll do my bidding, get me my package, and not be sour at all?

You could certainly spin it that way, but that's really putting the cart before the horse. The pretend circumstance of the game doesn't respect whether or not the circumstance is actually a game. It's assumed to be real, and so is the morality within it. Trying to play meta with it just invalidates the choices, and even bothering to answer them, entirely.
I wish. In real life, I go mad if I don't interact with a big city, or at least a town I've never been to before, once in a while. Bonus points if I feel like I changed something or was changed by it. With how small and sleepy the area is, I'd wind up wandering sooner or later.

correct me if i'm wrong, but the chip was sent out at the same time as several other packages, so as to throw the trail off, no? or was that the pre-war delivery?

but besides that, being a courier is akin to being a pack mule, so again, why be mad at someone who gave you a job to do?

on top of that, what part of no personal politics didn't you get the first time? it wasn't for the courier to know what the chip was, hence the lack of information.

Daily reminder that the only bro-tier companions are ED-E and Boone.

Nah. Pretending fantasy worlds are real is autism, and pretending the stories we tell in them don't matter just because they're fictional is missing the point entirely. Again: The player character, with their potentially endless might and wisdom through various possible builds could certainly make just about any ending work. And to back up what I'm saying: That's how it works. Just because some faggot comes along and says "NCR R DA BEST" doesn't mean everyone is going to play NCR runs or that the game is going to suddenly stop people from running it however they want.

I'm well aware of the precaution House took, but it wasn't a very considerate one for the lucky courier with the package and he had no warning what might be coming his way. It wasn't a very good one either as his chip ended up getting jacked.

Why do you not directly answer the question I keep posing to you?

If I had you transport drugs and you got shot for transporting them are we cool?
PLEASE REPLY

I already answered it, you retard. You chose the job, you were then responsible for your own well-being.

Even if I just told you it was a regular package and you had no idea what it was?

again, being a courier, it's not your job to question the package, only to deliver it.

Okay, well when you get blown up shipping a bomb this holiday season remember to pay those medical bills yourself. You took on the job.

Yeah, but some of the endings don't make sense with the world we are given. For example, legion ending with a female character. There is no way in hell Caesar/Lanius would let a fine specimen like her get away without marriage, forced or not. Caesar would need an intelligent and strong heir and who else but the Courier is able to give him that heir. Lanius would keep her a nice fucktoy to break. I understand why they didn't do that, but it doesn't fit the Legion's idea that no woman is capable of herself and should be confined to a tent to breed more legionaries.

Housefags everyone. Reminder that House endings should only be explored with 1 Int characters.

seems to me that you have the issues here, lad.

Jesus Christ you're absolutely retarded.

That's not what I'm saying, though. A game's moral choices are literally hypothetical questions posed by the devs. It's about answering which is the most moral choice if it were real.
I get that, but that's not the point. If every ending is equally successful, then the point of answering the question isn't about determining which one will work, but about which one was the most rational or moral choice, which is up to individual interpretation, based on personal ideals.

Wow rude, tell me which games you like then.

Sad. Low energy.

No it's not. It's about playing a video game and having Fun™. Not everyone needs to insert themselves as a Mary Sue and make the right choices. This is why people do 1 int runs, this is why people make characters that go totally against what they believe is the best outcome. By the way pic related isn't for you, it's for the other fag I'm replying to.

Who are you quoting? I never said those things. Mind you you're the retarded delivery boy who thinks that being a drug mule is super cool, so I guess I'm not shocked at your confusion.

Ulysses is a boring character anyway. I always found Elijah to be far more interesting as a character. He was also far more capable and nuanced.

Pretty sure it's contractual or something, since we ever deliver one thing and then just use the boxes for convenience. It's actually kinda surprising there are no mojave express quests. Also, the primm mojave express is just a branch of the greater mojave express.

I like cass and veronica tbh. Arcade is alright as well. Although Cass holy than thou attitude often gets her some shotgun shells from me when I accidentally fall into neg karma territory.

isn't there a mod that does something like that?

How can you think youre a super cool drug mule if you don't know what's in the always anonymous package? Checkmate.

I didn't say he thought he was cool because he's a drug mule, I said he thought "being a drug mule is super cool" as in he's fine with it (mind you, I did state it horribly, I should have said "You're the delivery boy who thinks being a drug mule is perfectly okay"). My bad on that one.

Not all my companions need to be ideologically identical to me. I like veronica because she's only slightly annoying when she tries to be funny and she makes for a great meatshield for bullets. I like cass because she reminds me of a western styled character, most of which the companions arent. I almost always end up killing her tho.

Dunno, maybe. I'm just focused on finding christmas quests mods for christmas. Tis the season.

This conversation is getting dumber by the second.

My mailman is a drug mule and he thinks he's just doing his job :^)

watch this, please.

So taking a job working on a DEATH STAR is the same thing as taking what you assume is a mundane package but is actually a key that could change the face of the war for the region? I wish I knew you in person so I could take advantage of your stupidity.

user, why have Veronica as a meatshield when Boone can just eliminate all opposition?
Fuck.
I want to bully you so much.

I'm not sure you watched the whole thing.
The roofer at the end talk about not shingling a house for a mobster and the guy who took the job got shot when another mobster tore up the house.
The whole video is about the difference between being ignorant about your employee as someone who provides a service and being knowledgeable about the risk.
The video is in your favor, faggot.

Oh yeah, I forget about her. She's pretty good, too.
But Boone is my main bro. Killan lejun fags and lootan savages.

What fucking country do you live in where they don't bother searching the mail for fucking contraband and weapons.

But those contractors knew the fucking risks, they were building a new base for an empire that got it's super death base already blown up by seemingly powerless and irrelevant guerillas (don't make this a Star Wars argument), the courier wasn't aware of any politics going on in the strip at the time and thought it was some dumb knick-knack. There are no good endings in New Vegas, only the least shittiest option and between anarchy, an incompetent republic, LARPers, and a huge pre-war figure who knows what he's doing I'd take House, revenge is fucking petty for something this consequential and life-changing.

Because Veronica looks like Ellen Page and she's very attractive bro.

I saw Clerks fucking decades ago. I know the video is in my favor. Tell that to the dumb delivery boy who posted it.

Boone doesn't like me cause i'm friendly with the legion and I accidentally blew up a few ncr soldiers in a big battle with all my bombs I like my explosions and now i'm enemy #1 on the NCRs hitlist. I keep half expecting him to snipe me in the head when I walk into novac.

Oh yeah, man. I love that 12 year old boy aesthetic.
Really gets the blood flowing

Explosives are for the weak, since it takes no skill to just throw them around and hit something.
Your taste is borderline acceptable, and then you just pull this out.
I'M GOING TO BULLY YOU, NERD

It hasn't been more than two decade sinc-

Motherfucker, I will throw my bombs at you.

You can't even begin to comprehend how fucked you are.
Do you know how powerful my meat cleaver is?

What in the actual fuck…

Yeah I love women who look like they're 12

Ugh

Do you faggots need that a :^) to denote sarcastic and snide remarks.

You're the one who's into a lesbian.

wew lad

She's a carpet muncher tho

you'll see her switch again within the next decade

Nigger I plan for being dead by next week let alone next decade.

Oh, this oughta be good. You don't even know about my 25mm grenade round anti material rifle

Getting close enough to me to use it.
Enjoy having your brains splatted all over the ground after a .50 cal skullfucks you.

Bitch, please.
I'll zip-zoom right on over in a coke-addled rush and rape you for your insolence.
If you're not ready, you better get there soon. I go in dry.

Truly the worst of fates.

Doubt you even have the strength reqs to manage to shoot straight

But user, I got increased splash damage

At least you're not gay I guess?

That's why you need to always be ready for banter, user.
Always.
If you like 12 year old boys, that's on you, user.

How ironic, because my dick has the same effect.

My in-game persona can bench 30 reps of 900lbs 10 times an hour!

You keep talking about how you're gonna fuck me in my butt and you're giving someone else shit for being gay?

I bet you're one of those 4 strength fags.

I go by the Roman rules, user.
It ain't gay if it's for the sake of conquest and domination.
To defeat an enemy in pitched combat is great, but to humiliate them further in rape, now that's victory.

NO

Pretty gay, user.

I'm still going to rape you.

Nah man, I'll tell you what's gay.
Having a woman force you into servicing her orally. Now that's fucking emasculating.
Besides, raping the dude would only be gay if you cuddled or held hands afterwards.

I'm not gay or in love with Ellen Page.

It's not gay, it's funny as hell for the loser to get mercilessly buttfucked by the winner.

why would anyone need more than that?
+1 from clinic
+2 from OWB perk
You're already at 7 which is if I'm not mistaken enough for all non-heavy Guns and Energy Weapons as well as every 1 handed melee that matters. If you desperately need to go to 8, put on some power armor
Also post non-Project Nevada overhauls that mod sucks cock worse than

emasculating =/= homosexual

It's funny for the viewer, it's gay for the fucker and fuckee.

WHAT'S NEXT, "TRAPS AREN'T GAY"?

It's gay if you make it gay and enjoy it.

Did you not read, user? I play by the Roman rules.

user, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
NOW YOU'LL BRING THAT FUCKING DEBACLE IN HERE

NOOOO WAIT I'M SORRYYYYYYyyyyyyy-

traps are gay, but futas aren't gay

Excuse me, what?

Traps are NOT fucking gay you dunce.
Liking traps as futa doesn't make you gay; as long as the boy is cute, it's not gay. The dick only makes it better as long as it's feminine.

What have I done?

This shit is partially my fault.
Jesus. Maybe raping my opponents isn't the best solution.

I told you, man.
I TOLD YOU DOG.

Traps are gay

YOU HEARD ME, BITCH

THE NON-EXISTENT SPECIES CALLED "A GIRL BUT WITH A DICK" IS NOT HOMOSEXUAL IF YOU FUCK THE GIRL INSTEAD OF SUCKING HER OFF OR LETTING HER PUT HER PONOS IN YOUR ANUS

I want Slaaneshi cultists to leave.

I can't deal with this fucking thread as I am right now.
I'll be back in 5 minutes after getting prepared for this.

Fuck what,fag? HIS asshole? HE doesn’t have a pussy.

Futa have pussies. That's your fault for focusing on the dick faggot

You know, I ain't even mad.
I have the biggest shit-eating grin on my face right now.
Job well done, everyone. 10/10 thread.

Great thread. Any good farming mods for NV?

Pandora's Box has been opened. The only thing to do now is sit back and watch as the corruption seeps in.

I can recommend some sex mods.

This thread is shit.

Not what I asked for boyo

And now the slow descent begins.
It was a pleasure, gentlemen.

Reported

I was expecting DoubleDeck's doujin.

LOL

JEJ

AAJ

Be the change you wabt to see in the world, user.

Reported

Trapfags are notorious for being stubborn.

May the Emperor preserve us.

It all started with the magic words

"Traps aren't gay"

Cause of you two. I just wanted to talk about explosions. . . . .

Technically "futa".

mods = gods
futafaggots BTFO

This thread deserved it since there's way too much NV threads lately.

I'm a would-be first timer. What mods would you suggest I download for NV? From essentials to just potentially nifty additions. Pls no bully.

I haven't played it myself but i'd saying that going vanilla for your first run would be the best experience.

>perk-every-level
That's it. That's essential. Everything else is fanfic trash ever.

It must be so awful for you, seeing other people enjoy something.

What the fuck I am tired of all these NCR, House and Legion of Gay shitters in here refusing to admit the powder gangers are the most fucking superior faction in New Vegas.

They exist for no reason other than to show off the faction system in a tutorial-esque way, same with all the other things that happen in goodsprings.

HOL UP

AYY YO

Fuck you guys. I'd rather rule over a bunch of dumb niggers to go and die for me instead of rubbing my asshole against a tv-screen because it told me too.

LOL

The Powder Gangers are pretty much Legion, they just don't know it yet. In other words they're currently just Legion by a different name in line to become subjugated like every other minor tribal faction

dubs of filthy fucking nig nog lies

I like punching them and making them explode into gore in every direction along with all other enemy badguys and monsters.

Fuck you, faggot. I'm on nofap

In argument the NCR and Legion are just the same.

fuck you thank you

You sound like a strength faggot go and fap to your gay bara dragon folder ugly.

What the fuck are you talking about, nigger?

Starting to think there's an HD rerelease or something like that shitty sawyer mod coming out and these threads are shilling for attention.

>>>/reddit/

Real talk though, the only thing missing from F:NV is The Tunnel Snakes. If they were there it would replace Chrono Trigger as my GOAT.

It was the same with Crash Bandicoot.

Tod Howard tried to bring them back desperately into Fallabout 4 as a side quest where you take a GOAT and nothing happens afterwards.

But anons will just pirate it anyway, right? We don't usually play into the hands of shills.

You're not fooling anyone cumbucket.

user, I'm pretty sure November is over~

S-shut up

Almost never is it a good idea to not go vanilla for the first time. Get kill children, YUP, NVAC, and New Vegas Stutter Remover. That's it.

Bumping this thread with tits, since faggots never seem to realise they're not welcome in these threads

I side with mr. House and the institute. I have no problem in blowing up the citadel, hidden valley or the prydwen.
That said, the brotherhood of steel is the faction the fallout universe needs the most. Before the war, both government and corporation made pretty nasty experiments on unwilling citizens. Of course, such unethical and terrifying approach to science had it's results (very alluring results, i can't turn them down), but still, the brotherhood of steel is the only righteous faction in america, and they are the ones that have to win to achieve the "good ending" of the whole franchise.

Hello Holla Forums!

My name is Mike and i just stumbled upon this website and was very pleased to see MY favourite game on here.
In fact, it's not only my favourite game but also the one of my friends, i even brought them here only to show them how dedicated
the Fallout: New Vegas ™ fan base is!

But we didn't only come here to show our gratitude towards this website but also to inform you that Fallout: New Vegas ™ has a sequel!

Yes, you heard right, a brand new Fallout ™ game.
Here is the link to that game:
store.steampowered.com/app/377160

Have fun, dear Fallout™ Friends!

*Todd
fucking kike

Wow. Q.E. fucking D. ∎

What are you talking about fellow anonymous user? He clearly is showing interest in the latest Fallout™ Title. Available now!

Well they're pretty dismissive in NV honestly. They seem more focused on gathering technology in some kind of arms race against other factions rather than making any effort to actually make anything better. I'm not necessarily brilliant with Fallout Faction lore though so maybe there's something I'm missing. They definitely left a bad taste in my mouth in New Vegas from my limited interactions with them though.

It always bothered me that in the Crimson Caravan quest you do for McLafferty, giving her the Gun Runner's manufacturing schematics is considered a bad karma action.

The Crimson Caravan entering the gun trade is only a good thing since it means the Gun Runners will finally have some competition. Competition lowers prices and people will have an easier time acquiring high quality weapons.

Aka they will be absorbed by CC because CC has higher potential, backing of the NCR gov and did that offten in the past. Basically you doomed GR to bankruptcy if you stolen their schematics because CC will do anything they can to fuck them up.
top fucking lel
Is that a good think in a lawless post apocaliptic scenario where said weapons can be used by roaming gangs of narcos and/or NCR mafia and their brahmin barons?

I don't think you actually did the brotherhood quests if that is your perception of them.

It's been half a decade since I last did that quest. All they did though was strap a boom collar on me and tell me to do their dirty work. I don't recall there being a lot of room for diplomacy but I probably wasn't to high in Charisma since I'm usually a deadshot cowboy or a retarded brawler.

Doubtful. Gun Runners aren't going anywhere just because someone else now has the ability to create guns. There is always demand for product from skilled craftsman. CC has so much other product to deal in that they simply wont be able to afford specializing in guns the way Gun Runners do.
Huh? This is business 101 nigger. People shop at the store with the lowest prices, therefore to stay competitive with your competition your prices need to at least be comparable. CC will burst out onto the gun scene with weapons at a lower price, and if the GR don't want to get rolled over they'll have to respond in kind.
In a world where Geckos can breath fire, there are 10 foot lizards with 5 foot claws and even common house flies are deadly, yes, it's a very good thing.

Just don't voice opinions on parts of the game you didn't play user, its a simple concept.

I feel like i'm the only person in the world that hasn't played this. However I did got a chance at playing Fallout 3 to completion and abhorred every second of it and this doesn't look much different.

Jumping the gun a bit aren't we? I never voiced an opinion. I stated what I heard they acted like. I even acknowledged what I was saying wasn't factual.

Why exactly? The story and writing are dogshit but the least that can be said about the game is that the exploration is fun.
It's very different and a very good game. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have regular threads discussing every aspect of its story after seven years. Give it a try.

If you were only regurgitating other peoples words you should probably put some sort of qualifier to avoid this very same situation. Your post doesn't read that way at all.

No you just can't read. You should probably take a break from these threads. It sounds like all you do is argue about what faction is better.

They will, just to fuck over GR, and when it happens they will switch back to their normal production.
Again, CC are much bigger so they will be able to produce cheap guns, so cheap that GR wont be able to compete on the market and will just go bankrupt. Secondly, CC can use bribes and NCR to get rid of GR.
And what if they cant respond? Its like saying that local shop should compete with
chain supermarket build exacly next to it. Its just not possible
Well in legion lands those things are not a problem

That shit gets put a stop to if you do Cass' personal quest in a way that severely cripples CC's influence over the NCR. They don't have the weight to throw around anymore.
chain supermarket build exacly next to it.
GG isn't some mom and pop store like Mick and Ralph's, they're a large chain of weapons manufacturers in their own right. You can't talking about them like they're a house of cards waiting to be blown over, that isn't the case.
They also have dealings of their own with the NCR, meaning they have their own measure of influence. CC entering the gun manufacturing business does not spell the end for them user.
No, those dangers are instead replaced by faggots in skirts and football pads who will kill you if they get in the mood.
Also, I highly doubt Caesar's Legions is capable of clearing out Death Claw populations.

Except "I'm not necessarily brilliant with Fallout Faction lore though so maybe there's something I'm missing" isn't "what I heard they acted like". Take your own advice, then realize that making mistakes on an anonymous image board isn't a big deal and you don't have to act so defensive about it. That you call me argumentative while making this series of posts is the definition of irony.

*keep

What I heard is what I stated. Seriously fag you jumped the gun now simmer down your autism because your only argument here is grammatical at this point.
Stay spazzed spaz.

i loved doing this in middle school lmao

So has anyone tried a non-violence run? I’m thinking of trying a build with low str and end, high charisma, int, agility, and luck. Is jt possible to talk or sneak your way through most of the story or will i need to use companions as my bodyguards? On my two playthroughs i just killed most things that got in my way, so i’m not really sure if this is feasible.

I am OP and I regret nothing.

companions doing the work is the easiest way

Well if it were a dildo sure, but this Chip is changing the course of history. I doubt anybody Would not act on the opportunity

I want socialist parasites to get off my board

Don't mind me, just salivating over fallout 4 new vegas

So much good stuff.

hope it comes out sooner than later.

I just hope it comes out, the jump isn't the same as Morroblivion or Skywind so there does exist hope.

Looks awesome, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to file this under "shit that will never be completed."

Recreating NV in FO4's engine is a massive undertaking that I just don't think someone doing it for free will complete.

Well if you're smart you would never never be hype over anything so if it fails then there's no disappointment. Honestly if the modding community weren't so shit today then it would likely get done through several contributions of several dozens of people.

that alaska mod comes out soon iirc