Xonotic

News

New CTS map on the Holla Forums server, runhall. Currently with 3 records on the leaderboard.

SJW spergs out about easter eggs and dissenting opinions on the forums. Claimed equality of opportunity and having to find easter eggs is too hard and ableist.

New CTF map on the Holla Forums server, antares-ctf1_b2. This map is in beta for map layout feedback and item placements.

lovet-neiT CTS leaderboard to be reset due to patched exploit.

The following maps on the Holla Forums server have been made by anons.
antares-ctf1_b2
antares-dm1_b1
bmn1_b3
graphite-b1
They are all in a beta version as indicated by b#, and need matches played to assess balance and design.

Game Servers
Holla Forums Xonotic 0.8.2 Server Status (Region: Western North America)
dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic&server=98.176.141.71:26000

Unofficial EU lainchan.org Xonotic 0.8.2 Server Status
dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic&server=188.165.212.152:2600

Server(s) send match notifications to this IRC channel.
irc.quakenet.org #xonotic.na

Holla Forums Server Config
>>>/radcorp/129
(An east coast or midwest server would be nice.)

Newbie Guide
gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Halogenes_Newbie_Corner

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7590*
archive.fo/http://stats.xonotic.org/
stats.xonotic.org/server/6459
archive.fo/llRbn
forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7605&pid=82436#pid82436
archive.fo/5HpRG#selection-2921.0-2921.20
aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=xonotic-autobuild
github.com/divVerent/d0_blind_id
xonotic.org/posts/2010/xonotic-0-1-preview-released/
gitlab.com/xonotic/d0_blind_id
gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Repository_Access
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsUJan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The examples of ableism and elitism that has been brought forth.

archive.fo/https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7590*

To throw it out there, I think adding random chance to this kind of game is a terrible idea and the people thinking it will help newbies have no idea what they are doing.

Isn't this that game that is exactly Quake 3 Arena (my favourite game of all time) but also bad for some reason? :^)

Play Team Fortress 2 Vintage with the lads instead. This one's just a blatant Quake ripoff, but open source because of some linuxfags.

Shit taste bruv

TF2 is the most casual garbage ever created

What do you guys think about locked doors and keys on maps?

Persistent keys (dropped after death)?
vs
One-use keys?

Keys that spawn on a timer like every other item?
vs
Keys that are always there?

Generic keys
vs
Specialized keys

Server doesn't have any maps with lock & keys, but it shouldn't take long to make one aside from never making a map with keys yet.

Persistent and on a timer for the most part, but one use keys could be good for certain pickups

I would say just play UT99 retard but you're not like those other girls are you?

Fooling around on newly discovered map that is surprisingly good.

Dec 08 21:43:47 good gameDec 08 21:43:48 Good game!Dec 08 21:43:49 ggDec 08 21:43:52 good gameDec 08 21:43:59 yeah I think this either needs organized teams or more people or somethingDec 08 21:44:05 because that was all stalemates all the timeDec 08 21:44:08 i thought it was okDec 08 21:44:17 ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻Dec 08 21:44:21 CTS NEEDS TO BE EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDec 08 21:44:21 we didnt have space elevator tier stalematesDec 08 21:44:37 no but space elevator is shiteDec 08 21:44:51 i hear people like the musicDec 08 21:44:52 your map isnt, it just needs tweaking :^)
Post map feedback.

Dec 08 21:25:39 keys in xonotic don't work like that :(Dec 08 21:25:45 ctf_antares-ctf1_b2 has begun (10 free slots); join now: xonotic +connect 98.176.141.71:26000Dec 08 21:25:46 they couldDec 08 21:26:00 once you unlock the door the door is permanently unlockedDec 08 21:26:02 like in q1Dec 08 21:26:56 couldnt you set a door to close after x seconds?Dec 08 21:27:12 so as long as the key aint there, it'll closeDec 08 21:27:24 + join: VOLNONDec 08 21:35:59 mg is just as annoying as vort when there's 0 cover whatsoeverDec 08 21:37:46 was afk. no the doors only work with either the key or a triggerDec 08 21:38:07 as far as i know that system won't work without some code changes
Couldn't a step-trigger after the doorway just close the door?

I've definitely seen a door close on its own in the game, just that keys haven't been involved.

As far as I know doors currently can't be made to require a key to open again. Unlock it once, and it is unlocked for the entire match acting as if it was a normal door (i.e. allowing players that have never held the key to go through).

UT sucks though

News
This game is as dead as it can possibly be.

Wear headphones for the positional audio.

It actually has gradual growth in player count starting from last year.
archive.fo/http://stats.xonotic.org/

I'm back, I guess, after at least 6 months of falling of the face of the earth. Looking forward to dueling people and all.

The webms are just here to make it look like this post has substance

Regarding the map graphite: It's good, I don't like the teleporters that lead directly to a mega if that mega is in a non-trappy position, and I was so rusty when I was playing on it I couldn't hit with anything other than nex and mg. Also nex sightlines are pretty strong, and nex is in an easy-to-sneak through spot. Kinda like fuse but without the ability to electro combo the entire area.

We should make more fresh webms.
Bonus points for duel comebacks, 1 hp left, flag caps, cts personal bests, and alone in clan arena type of moments.

Fresh off of ffmpeg.

Hey, if we can continue that for another year or so, game will be officially better than QLive in every way :^)

r e p o r t e d

Antares_CTF
I feel like I need to play this in 4on4, maybe with coordinated teams. The ease of flag grabs actually turns this into either a turtle map or rabbit, depending on where everyone's positioned. I still maintain that mega along a prime flag grab path is a bad idea. I like the flow and lack of vort though

Graphite
I find it's really easy to track people down. Its nice and open, and the few little side paths are deathtraps, so there's a lot of bullying available despite the map's overall size. I usually hang out somewhere near MH so bullying the vort pickup is pretty easy for me. Not a huge fan of having to always blaster to MA but that's just personal preference

This is amazing.

Do you consider this a good or bad thing?

I've gotten some mixed reactions to this. The addition of a rampjump of some sort is a very common suggestion.

I shilled the map to some of the European players over the weekend and was given the suggestion to make the teleporter to the 50a a 2-way. What does Holla Forums think?
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Isn't this running on a modified ver of the Q3 engine?

Modified OG Quake engine, actually.

Fucking hell.

Isn't TF2v based on TF2v's open-sourced code? By your logic it's just a rip-off of a rip-off.

TF2c's

For graphite, generally what I think of the MA is that it's elevated in a way it's tough to ambush/harass. Typically when I'm the second one in the room, it's generally not too tough for the other guy to defend standing from the MA platform because the entrances tend to be small and prone to splash damage and the elevation almost necessitates going in the room in order to contest.

My speculation with a 2 way teleporter is that if you're being chased you can pull the "stand back and go back in" trick and escape. I haven't put much thought on that 50a yet.

Now, let's analyze what makes this post so absolutely abhorrent.
The two games have little in common, so chances are not many people who want to play Xonotic would care about TF2
That's like saying every PC keyboard is a ripoff of the IBM Model M. And the engine is based on Quake so that makes it more like a mod than a clone.
Quake is already open source, and it has been for 18 years.
The Quake engine is licensed under the GNU GPL, so they didn't even have a choice. You can play Quake on Linux, so it's not that kind of clone either.

holy shit i'm autistic when its 3am

oh wow i didn't even reply to the right post. At least he won't get another (you)

Wouldn't mind a way out of that 50a ledge. It kinda feels like a death sentence going back there

The ease of flag grabs being one of the routes not having speedbumps?
For instance,
Curved Stairs -> flag -> either side of the room
is generally too sharp or too narrow to preserve 800+ qu/s in most cases.

Top Floor -> jump through hole -> land on flag -> ramp jump back to top floor …
will sacrifice velocity on the ramp jump.

Flag -> jump pad…
will reset velocity to the one granted by the jump pad.

Warpzone -> MH -> curved hall -> MA-Hagar zone …
essentially the fastest path so far and all velocity can be preserved on this route currently.

I was thinking the ground floor on the bases can be adjusted such that entering the MA-Hagar area is preceded by an upward ramp.

I think it might honestly be a function of the map being so open. You can blaster around pretty easily, including to other floors, and the only real option at that point is to lay on the MG and chase people down Tribes style. That plus the more open flag rooms means you need a coordinated defense or it just becomes Rabbit: Xonotic Edition. Always worth remembering that, even if your goal is more caps, the ease of flag grabs can just cause its own form of turtling

Would you say Spider Crossings has the same issue? That map is more open and is larger, but there are some general changes in elevation that can soak some speed (not too much for Xonotic because of the stairs).

I think Spider Crossings has the advantage (in CPM) of having those stairs yes, and at higher speeds you have to decel to take some of those corners. It's at least a little harder to line up a flag run though and you can't just blaster your way through. It's also easier to deal with the entrances to the base, since they're more narrow

Think it's a good idea to have this around.

Friendly reminder that TF2 was never good.

I'm almost a little sure someone is just trying to false flag or start shit between TF2V and Xonotic. I still remember a lot of AFPS threads last year getting derailed by Overwatch discussion-which Xonotic thread was completely clear of thankfully- and in turn AFPS arguments stirring up in Overwatch threads.

I almost never come to 8/v/ I just wanted to shitpost about TF2.

Then you need to go back.

too late

Whats the best Capture the flag fps game right now?

No 5 man moba bullshit. Proper, old school capture the flag.

Quake 2 is the only one I can think of where people play proper CTF every week on Sundays. Aside from that people do CTF pickups for CPMA and I know Tribes 2 has PUGs.

It's definitely someone trying to split up Holla Forums's few remaining game generals on each other. Won't happen though, since Xonotic anons have multiple servers and developed content for the game while the TF2V anons are the developers of the game Coincidentally, both games are open source shooters.

day of the rope when?

i play with weapon models off and picmip anyways

Seems suspicious but why?

you guise have any good webms?

I have a bunch of old ones.

I can probably look through the demos and find some cool moments to webm later.

I've gotta start uploading some of my demos as well. Got a metric fuckton of em

I worked on my map a little more.

Changes:
- Added elevation changes in the base.
This speedbumps incoming ground floor attackers. Exiting flag carriers from the top floor could use the downward ramp as a speed boost.

- Swapped position of MH and Mortar
Slightly nerfs a flag run route.

- Re-adjusted the surfaces bordering the base's glass prism
The small ramps were almost never used before because of meticulous positioning required and the general pace of the match. It also didn't look as great. It still probably won't be used often, but it has a better chance of filling a niche flag run situation.

- Cleaned up & simplified geometry
More of a convenience with editing the map. This also cleans up the seams present on areas neighboring a block turned 45 degrees.

- Started making a general theme and added trims to areas in the bases.
Required cleaned up and simplified geometry.

Other than that I think the middle's 2nd floor could be used more often. It's currently visited only because of item pickups. I might change that up in the second version depending whether or not it gets more use (from people jumping off of the top floor).

do people still play this game?
i hosted a server a looooong time ago…

These are the server stats for Holla Forums. Every 2-3 days there are some people playing on it. Most of the people who stuck around are in the mid/west, which might be because the longest running server is in the west, so the games tend to start later in the evening.
stats.xonotic.org/server/6459

no, thats OpenArena, which is bad because its full of weebshit player models and gay voiceacting.
Xonotic is made by autists that amplified the e-sports appeal of quake but, like openarena, dont understand aesthetics.
Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament make you feel like a man. Xonitic and OpenArena feel like youre playing lasertag with little kids.

It's like poetry

Dec 15 19:03:09 + join: ToxDec 15 19:03:16 v-pacific, heyoDec 15 19:04:32 + join: >ableismDec 15 19:04:33 - part: Tox
I guess people connect to the server just to check whatever for a minute and leave.

If I was riding dick I wouldnt feel like a man, so you must be wrong.

Just in case someone needs it.

Progress.

Try again :^)

Something is bothering me about middle's 2nd floor in how it's not used all that often unless someone wants to pick up the 50a, and it's area isn't very connected or integrated to the rest of the map.

Late reply, but there are two theories going on with why.

The changes look good. I think you should add some more health near the flag for the defender.

I almost want to entirely redesign the 2nd and bottom floor of middle.

Why do you want to redo it?

It seems clunky considering second floor and ground floor. The former needs more incentives to go there, the latter gets picked over the other floors for convenience and speed.

why tf2 when ut exists

accurate tbh

You might as well say the realism makes you feel more mature.

We have people on the server.

I've gone ahead and added a small ramp jump to the mega armor and a teleporter at the upper 50a.

Another webm from my visit to European servers.
Featuring getting hit by a grenade that would've ended the round with +1 to the enemy team if not for a Vortex shot registering first.

Server activity

There "will probably" be a tournament in January featuring some of the new duel maps. Tuhma, Graphite, and bmn1 were listed. At the very least we can expect them to be in the poll that'll be taken if the tournament is going to happen.

Where?
For the latter two, I figured they would be picking maps that are out of beta and visually complete.

shiiiiiiieeeet

This was said in-game.

Off the top of my head I know of at least one map that doesn't fit that descripiton that was included in the poll before (C-Note).

I just checked and bmn1 is actually hosted outside of Holla Forums now.

No 9.
But this is worse.

Maybe one day I will be secure enough in my maculinity to sit on pink dildos like you.

I'd bet those matches were complete chaos.

If you like Q3 and UT so much, why aren't you spending your time playing them? :^)

wew

Japanese, British, German, and American owls playing.

Here, have a test webm. Always fun when you get launched into the perfect firing angle

The only two good frags I had in a match I lost

You can probably bump up the bitrate some more.
I use this to encode webms.
ffmpeg -i %1 -c:v libvpx-vp9 -pass 1 -b:v 1750K -threads 8 -speed 4 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 -an -f webm NULffmpeg -i %1 -c:v libvpx-vp9 -pass 2 -b:v 1750K -threads 8 -speed 1 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 -auto-alt-ref 1 -lag-in-frames 25 -c:a libopus -b:a 64k -f webm out.webm
where the value after -b:v is the bitrate. You can generally get close to the file size limit by dividing 15.9 by the duration in seconds, but depending on the file it's still possible to overshoot by some hundreds of kilobytes (just subtract a little more to be on the safe side).

This way is slower, but you can get in a lot of quality for the file size.

Here's a full description of parameters that's used.
archive.fo/llRbn

A good start however.

this is what i imagine a prototype barely-functional holodeck would look like
unless that's the vibe they're going for

Which webm are you talking about?

b2 version of map is inbound.

Geometry Changes:
- Minor styling and trims to certain areas.
- Added staircase from atrium to the area above MA.
- Adjusted draw/nodraw faces on water in the fish tank (it should improve frame rate slightly).
- Changed warp plane on fish tank warpzones to be wavy to indicate players will be entering an aqueous region.
- Scrapped ramp jump @ MA ground entrance.
- Shortened the elevated platform at 50a room so the area is a bit roomier on the floor.
- Added skybox
- Changed dimension of 50a-MA warpzone to imply it is not a doorway.
- Snapped all geometry to a grid so there are hopefully less visibility problems with certain warpzones.

Item Changes:
- Adjusted playerspawn at Vortex to be bots only.
- Pruned some item spawns, explosive ammos and a 25h.
- Repositioned Machine gun to be near the top of the red strip as opposed to after the warpzone.

forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7605&pid=82436#pid82436
IT'S HAPPENING

the only map there i know is phrantic but i'm tempted to sign up anyways

The map roster is new maps mainly, phrantic being a recent remake. So I don't think it's a bad thing to not know them in-depth, with the exception of Tuhma because a top duelist made it and probably plays it with his clan often.

These tournaments always take place in Europe only otherwise I'd probably join in for fun as well.

A couple visual changes
- The mega health is a lot more visible now.
- Warpzone item visibility bug fixed on the 100a-50a window.
Overall it turned out better than I expected.

You should move all the warpzones into the wall so they have a bit of a border like you had on the blue warpzones in b1. Are the colored grids on the warpzones intentional?

No, but it turned out that way on the compiled map and was better. How the MH blends in slightly with the orange lights on the MA ceiling always bothered me.

Take old pincer webm (or re-record because it looks worse) from

combine with your new cam angle one. Or re-record that with slowmo so the non-fast people can easier see whats going on.
Webm related.

totally different games

Not saying that Quake and Xonitic are bad games, but they feel strange. I think UT feels "heavier" and more brutal compared to this.

It was more of assessing a game by how it [makes you] feel or illicits an emotional response is a poor way of doing it (compared to looking at it objectively i.e game mechanics, system, player (dis)incentives).

:^)

Honestly, I think Unreal Engine feels heavier, but in a clunky, shitty way. I'm not a huge fan of how the camera heaves itself in a direction and then abruptly stops. "We can't have you going TOO fast, just fast enough to make every attempt at a direct hit a coin flip"
Also the guns are spammy as fuck, so you die faster, but that's because your window for hitting people is so fucking huge (or it's more lolhitscan)

What's the plan for this? Are some of the more central servers coming back online?

We'd probably need someone from /radcorp/ to host the extra servers. We don't have an east coast server anymore, and even if it was online again it wasn't very capable of handling the kind of high traffic game nights bring. Now that it's the second time around, it's pretty clear east coast servers are what's needed and the Europeans (outside of Xonotic) are fine with that.

I am not sure about Australia though. If we get a server up for them, we probably need to shill on >>>/aus/ since there weren't many of them last time.

In-game wise, I think we need to see if Key Hunt would work on the server. I remember I took it off because for whatever reason the matches would never start and the keys were in some limbo of spawning & it largely became a 3-team team deathmatch. The /radcorp/ servers hypothetically can take off Duel from the mode vote menu and replace it with Key Hunt.

Best to post on /radcorp/, there are EST hostfags available.

Please make sure to explain any non-standard gamemodes for new anons.

We have players on the server.

There's an in-game description of each mode on the vote menu.

Well, is it inbound or not? Also, what's happening with b3 of your ctf map?

I was going to add the borders to the warpzones just before the new release. That definitely needs a map recompile.
I still haven't decided on a new design for the ctf map's middle.

For those of you out there frustrated by stack disadvantage, here's a few tips:
1. Your opponent will come back for megas, hit them then and take out as much stack as you can before bailing out
2. Don't ignore 50's, 25's and shards. I see a lot of this
3. Try to only take hits when you can +back onto some more health/armor (your opponent will try to do this one too)
4. Focus on getting powerups to spawn simultaneously if you can't gain full control, this will even out stack
5. Try to take shots from a position where you can make a clean escape or get some clean one-sided hits. Don't just commit to fights all the time

Since we have the /radcorp/ game night coming up, I think we should start filtering out and adding new maps to put on those servers. It's not exactly ideal to have an 18 player match on Fuse like last time.

Every CTF map should be fine to remain on the map list. This mainly leaves FFA/DM maps. For Race CTS, it largely wouldn't matter how many people are on the server, but for the matches that do happen we'd have to leave out the maps that contain speed milestones, difficult obstacles, etc.

tl;dr find some new maps. I personally don't want to rely too much on Quake Live or other ports for the massive maps that would fit many players, but we might not have many options since Xonotic mapmakers are mainly focused on 1v1s.

We have a good handful of new players and some variety in starting skills- some tactical, some decent shooters. We still need more people to post in the thread and do in-thread announcements whenever matches occur.

Some tdm maps that might be nice to have: monstrosity_a6, ospdm5_nex_r2, rush_b1. They're commonly played in pickup matches and can be downloaded from xonotic.co.
This time we should play on bmn1.

Jan 09 22:02:46 ctf_spatium-a4 has begun (10 free slots); join now: xonotic +connect 98.176.85.10:26000Jan 09 22:14:33 press drop flag at the botJan 09 22:14:37 to have it give the flag to youJan 09 22:15:50 who's the bot?

Dec 08 20:30:58 user witnessing 144Hz for the first times is everyone else a bot?Dec 08 20:31:10 they identify as humanDec 08 20:31:16 excuse youDec 08 20:31:22 okay just a weird clan

We need to make the bots talk. Until they play CTF or something.
Now I just wonder if it's normal for people to not to realize there are bots in CS or other games.

I see the UT fags still posting here have yet to learn the basics.

I'm making quick adjustments to the map before publishing it for real considering we didn't actually get a match registered on xonstats for just jumping around on it.

I fixed up the small geometry issues. The problem that remains is that there's too much light here and I don't know how to tone it down. Changing the numbers for q3map_surfacelight in the shaders doesn't seem to make a difference.

What date is it?

27th & 28th

More than enough time to add some vote calls to the server and touch up the config. Think we'd need separate maplists for small and large maps that way anyone on there can adjust the map pool depending on how many are on the server at a given moment.

The other concern is Australian players and getting an Australian server. I don't know how many /radcorp/ players are from Australia and if we can pull some players from /aus/. Our event is the day right after Australia day as well.

So after reviewing quick cup videos, antibody's map walkthrough and chatting about it in game, I'm gonna try making the following changes to bmn1

1. Lift the ceiling on 2f in the 50a area and shift the wall back. I may adjust a few other things there as well
2. Shift the 2nd floor wall to mid-room over to the other side, cutting off LOS from mortar to MA and making the jump to 2f easier
3. Plug up part of the staircase to the 2 25s and the grate near MA
4. Widen the room behind the MH room 25a so it offers actual cover
5. Widen the 1f room below 50a
6. Widen the electro teleporter hallway

I may also start experimenting with THAT PILLAR again

If you do this you should remove the bars above the doorway in the mid-room.

Maybe you could change the textures from flat colors to colored concrete to better fit the artstyle of the game.
You already have the brushes decoratively clipped.

I assume you mainly need to take the concrete textures and then overlay color onto them in whatever image editor.

Possibly. I could also just double window it. I like that you can shimmy through that window as well. We'll see

Could do, but is there really a huge gain from doing so? Like the plan is obviously to eventually have it properly textured, and nobody seems to appreciate the base concrete stuff anyway. Lighting, on the other hand, seems like a high priority given how dark default appears to be

Some form of texture is at least customary to the game, but if its still not final visuals that's fine.
As for base concrete, I think people are generally neutral to it and recognize those are placeholder visuals.

Dark Souls players will actually look for similar games. Quake players will just go back to Quake Live.

I think the main issue is that the Quake players we get are largely from 3 categories
People who have invested a lot of time into Quake and are reluctant to break their hard coded habits for another game. Some of them have even played Xon prior and have decided they don't like it. 100% understandable
People who are the "muh difficulty" types, where the most difficult game (tm) is always their preferred game. They'll usually understand how [insert quake here] works, they just don't know how Xonotic does, at all. Possible converts, but huge fags
OWfag tier dickriders, who don't actually understand the mechanics of either game, but have latched on to muh Quake, possibly even because of the difficultyfags playing up how hard it is to get into. Need to be reassigned as fuel for the mars colony rockets

Don't worry you can still have a good laugh at Quake's (Champions) expense

I think that thread is like 200 posts arguing what an arena shooter is.
If any of our fags are in that clusterfuck please come home and meet our new QW friends.

Some feedback for antares-dm1_b2: From the couple games I've played on it, it isn't nearly as isolated as I thought. I very quickly came to hate the 50a room as it was the only place I spawned. Removing the bot-only restriction on the spawn near the vortex and adding a spawnpoint near the Mega Health might fix that.
I need to play on it more before I consider the rest of my opinions valid since I'm not sure if they are caused by the spawnpoint issue or my relatively poor map knowledge.

it's not about me
it's about the game

Try again :^)

Someone rage quit against a bot. His connection really sucked however.

hey, that shitty v-eastern us server is back up again
be aware that this server will probably never be used for /radcorp/ as it's laggy as shit

Players on the server.
we wuz Mark an shiet.

You just need to put the maps on the server using whichever way you see fit. Mainly the requirement for curl is for clients, so they can download map files while in-game.

archive.fo/5HpRG#selection-2921.0-2921.20
Here are a good chunk of the maps on the server.
You can then download the specific extras that were recently added.

We playing this weekend?
Is everything read?

ask the irc, i think we are good to go

This user is hosting the east coast /radcorp/ server and as far as I can tell he's not on the irc (which is fine).
>>>/radcorp/4468
In addition to the map dump here

he should also get the maps listed here

Any further updates to the server config shortly before the game night is a matter of a git pull command.

What we don't have sorted out currently is the matter of Australian servers.

"this user" is ebin, and i am usually on irc
i think the eastern server can host radcorp, let me just download those extra maps

Are you sure? Bandwidth would be the main concern. Last year's /radcorp/ server needed to have player capacity bumped to 32.
Not to mention that eastern server is on the southeast as opposed to northeast. European pings are around 150 ms which were cause for complaints.

So that post on /radcorp/ is ebin's - to dispel any ambiguity?

yeah we still need to see how mamy players the server can handle
the post on radcorp isn't mine, it's the other user's

If I recall correctly, the average player requires 40 Kb/s up and 80 Kb/s down from the server.

We need one (main) server for /radcorp/ however. The servers that are normally around are for backup or in case anything bad happens.

Assume you'll need to handle 32 players just in case.

Jan 23 16:09:34 now when i check the properties of a server i get "Requested (not supported)"Jan 23 16:09:49 is there anyway to do something about that? or did i mess up compilingJan 23 16:12:04 using fedora's compilation of xonotic gives me "N/A (auth library missing)"Jan 23 16:12:11 and i dont think there is a way to change thatJan 23 16:12:22 unless i am missing a library for my system
I haven't figured this out myself either. I had a fresh Debian install and basically any self compilation of the game resulted in encryption not being supported.
As far as I could tell it was something that probably comes with Arch, but doesn't for Debian and Fedora.
aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=xonotic-autobuild

i think this is the library that's needed? i'll look into it later today
github.com/divVerent/d0_blind_id

additionally the xonotic 0.1 release page says that xonotic includes "optional AES encryption support", not sure how to enable that
xonotic.org/posts/2010/xonotic-0-1-preview-released/

That comes with Xonotic's main repo.
gitlab.com/xonotic/d0_blind_id
That would mean compiling Xonotic would already take that into account.

Also Xonotic is on 0.8.2.
0.1 is way old by now.

perhaps, but it doesn't seem that way for how fedora and debian compile xonotic.
and i also mentioned "optional AES encryption support", so maybe it requires a library or something? or maybe it needs to be compiled with a certain flag

Have you gone through this for compiling?
gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Repository_Access

I used the script just fine except for the part about encryption support.

Ok going through the custom maps for better curated experience on /radcorp/.

62 newb friendly CTS maps
31 "big DM" maps
25 ctf maps that can be used as big DM maps
58 "small dm" or duel maps

The category for big and small is a indistinct, but I'd pin a small map as designed for "2 - 5 players, getting crowded at 6". Not 100% perfect, but we can avoid another 18 player fuse like last time.

Additional note, we should get the heads up thread up on Thursday.

I forgot about this game. Thank you for reminding me.

I'd like to have some people to play against but honestly just fragging bots has been so satisfying. Takes me back to my childhood when I found a copy of UT99 at a thrift store for 5$ and it consumed all my free time for six months, even though I never touched the online. So much fun.

Quick question though: what the hell is the use of the Crylink's secondary? It's really hard to hit and doesn't do as much damage as the primary.

It has a pull force which will knock flag carriers off their rhythm or slow them to a near halt.

It has a negative force, so it pulls players instead of bouncing them away like the other splash damage weapons. It can also be shot at the ground in front of your feet to get you moving fast. The primary fire does the same thing, but it isn't as strong.

You're in luck, we're playing it this weekend. Look for the sticky on friday.

/radcorp/ thread for Xonotic will be coming up. Conversations will be moved there.

nice, i'll include a guide on how to enable encryption on linux

what is going on in that thread

/radcorp/ has a notorious shitposter that will show up in game night threads.

Australia.

so, was radcorp a success?

We were just waiting for the thread to 404 so we can then make a fresh thread later. If you want to see how it went you can go to >>>/radcorp/ and see the reflection thread.

I don't know if we should bother waiting out the thread anymore though.

I'd say yes though the state of the thread was not comparable to the fun I had ingame.

Jan 29 14:44:18 + join: stretchJan 29 14:44:29 hi boys :)Jan 29 14:44:31 oh gay bots :(Jan 29 14:44:34 v-pacific, helloJan 29 14:44:37 hi antares :)Jan 29 14:44:45 suck my short fat penis gay bots :(Jan 29 14:44:52 antares go playJan 29 14:44:55 DONT GAY GO PLAYJan 29 14:45:02 v-pacific, its the weekdayJan 29 14:45:13 niggar EVERDAY IS WEEKEND FOR me DOPE DOPE SLING BANGJan 29 14:45:20 u know wat im saying lolJan 29 14:45:32 v-pacific: man's not hotJan 29 14:45:33 >>/radcorp/4739

Jan 29 14:48:04 busy playing PWNTING SOM NOOPS my niggar lolJan 29 14:48:36 :PJan 29 14:49:46 youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsUJan 29 14:49:58 Shaq is legit pissed at this guyJan 29 14:49:59 com play bro mo u seem coolJan 29 14:50:07 v-pacific: can't rnJan 29 14:50:15 cmon bro uv got CLASS u can do it :)

People playing on the server.

5 players, 1 splat spectating

For anything not mentioned in /radcorp/ threads, we should find a way to designate player capacities without manual sorting and vcalls. The maplist set by those is reset on mode change which leaves at least one xonotic user needed on the server to call out maps appropriate for current number of players.

One of the devs says there's a proper way to do it, but information on it is stuck on an offline forum for the pre-forked game which is guarded out of spite by a tranny that has been ignoring him for 7 years.

Ok we're back on page 12, I'm going to assume we're going to wait out the thread again.

playing

This guy is going to be a daily occurence.

It is really going to take a long time to get a fresh OP at this rate.

wew

Feb 02 19:54:55 pls be nic rmmber i hav cronic auntism

no

This has got to be some reverse psychology shit.

But its fun

Fuck this we should just get to bump limit at this point.

The developers are updating their 10 year old weapon models to something higher poly. What they have left is the Shotgun, Machine gun, and the Blaster now.

Not sure how they'd handle the Machine gun. They did want to replace it at some point, but it's proposed replacement is some years old by now.

Another duel tournament is being held this Saturday. The maps in the pool are: Aerowalk, Blood Run, Boil, Final Rage, Fuse, Quark, Stormkeep. There is currently 40 EUR in the prize pool.

They always hold one in Europe and no user joins it anyways.

You know you could just report one of these posts with a message like 'please read this faggot' and ask that way right?

Anything I can do to help?