Rainbow Six Siege Thread: Tell me about Vigil, why does he wear the mask?

RAINBOW SIX THREAD: OPERATION WHITE NOISE EDITION
Three new operators were added. Featuring the Masked Man from the DC Cinematic Universe, Hanekawa Tsubasa from the Monogatari series, and Ela's big sister.

Cat can deploy a Logic Bomb twice per round which causes the phones of all defenders to vibrate loudly and need to be shut down by holding 5, on top of disabling the camera feed for the defenders. If Cat finds a phone on a defender body which hasn't been destroyed by a fellow defender, then all attackers can gain permanent access to the defenders' camera feed.

Bane has a mask which lets him turn invisible for drones, though drones will know he's nearby due to a visual static effect. Also his shotgun fires beanbags and is pretty effective at medium ranges.

Ela's sister has a double-barreled grenade launcher which can fire two impact grenades or four concussion grenades, both of which can bounce around walls. She can also pull herself out of DBNO once per round with 1 HP left because she's that stronk.

Also Echo is magically invulnerable against Dokki's Logic Bomb because lore. Also Ela and Zofia are magically 50% more resistant against eachothers concussion grenades because lore. Also you gain +10 more points for killing Zofia as Ela or vice versa because lore.

There's also the new Tower map. People say that although it looks cool, it plays gay. Pistols have next to no recoil now, or at least don't obscure your center of the screen whenever they are fired because of their recoil animation. Shields ops and Caveira rejoice.

Anons fled the game faster than Vietnamese children do from napalm bombings. Did you rike it?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1049995/68176e40e2/
wrongnhoka.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like a fun RPG

Can I play any operator and max persuasion only?

Ela is overpowered. Her sister is overpowered. (Both of their mines fuck with mouse sensitivity, if that were fixed it would be fine.)
Dokki is terribly annoying to play against and her camera hack makes it even worse.
Nerfs when?

based on how Blood Orchid went, we'll get nerfs during midseason and they'll completely miss the mark. since instead of reducing Elas magsize or tweaking the effect of her mines they just "increased' her recoil

Didn't they revert the nerf when they released this new season?

they don't disable them, they just gives attackers access to them and defenders will see dokis logo on their camera screens but you can still use it and scan with it

because he didn't have a phone animation like the rest of the operators*

not to my knowledge but i didn't check all the patch notes

Oh fuck, I though I just hasn't used a pistol in a while and had gone insane.

What did he mean by this?

Ela and Zofia are sisters but on opposite play sides int he game, and they are both polish goblins

New ops didn't break the meta as much as I thought (aside from THEIR FUCKING GUNS). Dok' s ability is pretty annoying and i wish you could throw your phone in exchange for not being able to use cams and giving Dok a chance to grab it. Vigil isn't so bad either and kinda forced me to play more Jackal whom I used to not be a fan of. Haven't really come across Zoe. Is she really a complete Ash replacement? Tower is a clusterfuck of a map though.

agreed, i thought the same thing when they revealed the phone grabs. The camera hack in general is overkill when logic bomb was enough, I would even go as far to say give it more uses but a smaller radius for exposing lurkers instead of bugging everyone on the map

2 impact grenades that work almost exactly like ash's breach round, except its harder to track because its launching noise is relatively quiet compared to the sound ashes makes, along with it being instant and ash's takes a moment to detonate, on top of having breach rounds AND 4 of her nonsense concussion grenades the only advantage ash has in comparison is speed and maybe gun preference, but i like Zofias rifle a lot, it has a nice sound to its firing and of course is deadly accurate because they didn't give these new ops good recoil

I'm only still playing this because me and my friends are trying to find a different FPS to play.

I never really notice Dokki being Dokki all that much. At most she makes my phone buzz, but usually I'm in a safe position either inside the obj or far away from my allies and attackers that it barely gets me killed. Nor does our cameras being hacked seem to matter too much. I haven't encountered a single situation either where I droned out a room and then got fucked over by a Vigil who turned himself invisible. Though his shotgun seems rather ridiculous. Against Zofia I have more reason to play as Jager, so that's nice.

The new map is pretty interesting in the way it uses verticality, it's just that some of the inner layouts are rather convoluted at first.

thanks

All I know, is that my friends invited me to play at the start of the patch, but by the time I got on, they had rage quit.

I just received my 144hz monitor. Bottom right is my face. I thought resolution was more important but now I know having a high refresh rate is fucking incredible. If any of you want to buy a new monitor, keep being able to play at a high FPS a priority.

his gadget should be used for concealing movement not hiding, if he's hiding with his gadget on people will know he's in the room anyway

You got a sauce m8?

That's the biggest problem about his gadget, the fact people can tell you're in the area makes his gadget almost completely useless. They should've made him completely invisible to drones but make it a short duration so it forces the attacking team to waste more time being thorough or else risk being ambushed. But then again this whole patch is pretty poorly thought out.

again, concealing movement. They know where you were but they don't know where you're going which is actually a really important piece of knowledge in this game. I ended up liking him, he does feel more classic than other ops because he only has one task, he's just another roamer really

The artist looks like Mokuzou Zabuton, but I'm not sure.

I focused on the ports so I could play every console I have or might have in the future and didn't pay attention to anything else why did I buy the 50 Hz piece of shit?

Go away Ubicocksuckers.

I want to beat up doki and cum on her glasses.

I felt dirty afterwards.

Ela is in like my bottom 5 used defenders but i have my best KD with her because her ass is so busted

I just find her so un-fun. I don't know why.

cuz she doesn't bring much risk/reward to the table or do much for the team, other popular roamer picks like cav or bandit can provide something for the whole gang

My biggest problem with Dokki is the fact her ability has absolutely no risk to use. Why can she ring the phone of all the defenders from across the fucking map? There should be a risk to using it, like having it be based on radius.
Also all the new ops have no fucking recoil and there was absolutely no reason to change the pistol recoil.

tuning up the pistol animation was a good change IMO

I agree, give it a few more uses or a cooldown but a shorter radius, just for flushing out lurkers, a lot of the time now it feels like shitty doki players just waste their 2 charges too early while half the enemy team is still chilling in obj

Not sure if I like the new pistols. On the one hand it makes them worth anything, but it also just feels weird and the cs:go patterns makes it so much more unpredictable ironically.

Holy fuck, I love Ying's gun so fucking much.

There, i fixed this game. Four really simple steps. Also bring back Yacht pls.

that would give her 1/3 ammo, 2/2 would be better

I want to only give her one explosive so she doesn´t make Ash´s gadget completely pointless. Her explosion grenade is already better anyway. It explodes instantly and is surprisingly silent as well.

you're right about that, ash's is is very easy to identify and get away from before it goes off

You can also instantly kill 3 speeds with it around corners and small cover, because it fires stupidly fast, and you just doubletap someone with the splash. At this point, Zoe is a better Crapitao in literally every way.

blease stob

does it break deployable shields too? I know ash's round does which actually fucks up those hard to flush out guys on OBJ

don't all explosive destroy them? I don't see why it would be any different.

I just haven't tested it yet. When i play zofia i'll usually place one breach charge on a surface and use the grenade launcher to make two entry points at about the same time to fuck with people

50% sure the recycled part of elas model onto dok

if it wasn't for her stupid hair and glasses i'd probably kinda like her, and no stupid overdone bio too.

TH-THEY CAN STILL BALANCE IT. IT WILL BE JUST LIKE BEFORE JUST YOU WATCH.

I'm pretty pissed that Zoe gets 4 fucking concussion grenades that magically explode when near somebody. Honestly besides the bullshit weapons, it's not that bad. Why doesn't Ubi ever learn from the past? Weapon buffs have been a complaint many times before. Fuck, its probably kikery to get people to actually buy the ops with physical money.

This never ceases to annoy me. Give them trigger hair dye whatever but please can we still pretend that this game is grounded in reality and not some chick at HQ's mary sue fantasy?

I'm not crazy right? Ever new op has straight up better weapons than the original cast. Bigger magazines, more ammo, more damage. With the hesitancy to reduce the ammo capacity for Ela its blatantly obvious they are tying to suck out more shekels.

I assume you've already seen the Ela pics, right?

I agree. These are supposed to be elite special op soldiers, not people who just came from yoga class.

Now that I actually look at her model, DokiDoki is literally wearing some kind of gimp suit, with a flak vest over it.

It's not even that i hate adding a little personal flair to certain characters, like the tape on mutes mask or thermites fucked up hands but ela and dokki don't fit in within their own units. especially when their counterparts zof/vigil look much more professional

wtf i love dokkebai now

Some user a while back guessed that the original design team got sacked because there is such a difference between the base ops and the new ones. I really wish they would stick with the original template of real world uniform with minor flares based on team role. Oh and stop showing their fucking faces. I want more mask ops.

agreed, and its funny that they throw all these cosmetics at the game but haven't added simple balaclavas or generic swat helmet/mask combos yet

let's go 100% tactical waifus instead.

Uh… So far that is a pretty bad choice. I don't want to see whatever garbage they shit out.

considering their best designs so far are full-mask wearing men and their worst designs are trying to be waifu bait i think we can take a big pass on that.

n-no thanks.

some one sent me this from halfchan, i wouldn't trust it but recent leaks were very accurate so i'm sure its some fucking dev leaking it out on purpose. I don't like the sound of these abilties at all

Wait, wait, wait, they're adding the cruise liner?
In today's episode, we cover Base Game Operators, and their slip to obscurity
In other news, a balding man dressed in all black, wearing glasses was found dead in his home today, cause of death, suicide by gunshot, no note left.

Oh, and I completely missed that one
Jesus fucking Christ, just pull the plug on the game.

Oh shit niggers, forgive me dearly for triple posting, but

First one sounds like bullshit.
I can see an attacker which heals, but speedboost? Come on. I'd be so fucking mad if they added something like that.
AND HERE I THOUGHT ELA WAS BAD ENOUGH

Remember when abilities were about giving unique options to attackers and defenders?

Well if there's one thing that the attackers need it's MORE speed.

I hope they're both bullshit because the first one is overwatch tier shit and the second is just another version of echo/pulse

Honestly I'm guessing they probably are. I doubt they would get that cancerous so quickly.

It's ubisoft. I'm just wondering where the fuck they're getting feedback from because lots of popular faggots on youtube and the like don't seem to like recent changes either

I'm not seeing that one. I'm only seeing a spring of bandwaggoning bullshit after the raycevick guy made a video about how shitty the game's monetization is. All of the big siege ecelebs are shilling as much as they always did.

The game is in a position of growth right now, right? I doubt that Ubi gives a shit and will keep pushing power creep in the new ops like other shitty hero games. The defense from shills going forward is is going to be that you need to play the new ops to not get shit on because muh-meta.

Actually, the defence is "you don't need to buy the extremely overpriced operators to have fun!", because people don't see, or intentionally ignore how broken the newer operators are. Even while Blackbeard was absolutely ruining the whole game, not many people actually took a stand, or stopped playing, all they did was meekly complain on Reddit, until ubi took months to shit out a fix that could've been done in two weeks.

Ash also brings Flashbangs, and it's not inconsequential that she makes holes that can be sprinted through.

Plus her breaching rounds fire straight, rather than in a short arc like Zofias.

The instant detonation of Zofia's breaches aren't actually as much of a benefit as you'd think, not when you're alone anyway. the delay lets you bring your weapon to bear before the hole is opened.

I do think Zofia is a little strong right now, but not for those reasons precisely.

If there is anything in this whole universe that I want to be fake, it's that.

unfortunately the concussion bombs are an obscenely good alternative to flashbangs, especially since you can't tell if a flashbang affected an enemy but you do get an idea if the concussion bomb went off depending on how fast it detonates

At least he's fun as fuck and doesn't make me feel guilty for using him, running shotty/auto pistol is a fucking grand time

also with his and doks shotgun if you hit ADS after the shells are inserted in the reload animation you can cancel out the last part of the animation but keep the ammo

Hmmm….
I'll argue against your points regardless.
Shit compared to Zofia's concussion shots. 1: Flash bangs are buggy in the type of results you get. Verses prox detonation where you know you hit someone.
That hardly matters when usually you're pretty close to the wall you want to breach. On favela I can see how it could be an issue, but at least you got two of them.
Ehhh. Honestly I don't think it matters a ton. Its pretty simple to shoot a grenade from cover and switch out your weapon. Anyone with half a brain could avoid getting killed like that.
Overall, Zofia is far better then an Ash.
1: Quickly and effectively open up a wall. No need for reload. (Useful if you have teammates in the area.)
2: Not loud at all verses Ash's
3: Prox detonation that slows enemy mouse speed. Actually worth something then a buggy Flash Bang.
4: Great weapons of course.
5: Quickly opening a wall allows teammates to get easy shots on anyone stupid enough to sit there.
6: Can pick herself up because STRONG WOMAN.
Fuck Zofia, she is pure shit.

He is a monster now

Yes, this game was a thousand times better when it was about realistic, real-world, grounded-in-reality things like a Spaniard who can connect to the Adidas Global Positioning Satellite to track people's coordinates based off of a single footprint, a Doctor that shoots people with medicine that can heal a sucking chest wound instantly, a 60 year old man throwing around nuclear grenades, and only one man wearing a full NBC suit when everyone else on his team knows full well he's bringing chemical weapons to the field. These were all very realistic and also incredibly normal things I expect from my serious game based on a series of novels written by a US postal worker-turned-insurance salesman who's only military experience consisted of being told "you're too blind to join".

Too bad she looks like a typical chink femidyke.

Too bad her in game model looks like shit, I get Hideo Kojima vibes when I look at her face.

Did you rike her?

I don't think the newest made the game unbalanced to the point of being broken, I barely find myself thinking when I die that it's because my killer picked the right OP, the only time I ever feel myself thinking that is when facing against Blackbeard despite all his nerfs. I've played a decent amount of rounds on Ranked and I've not found myself getting killed by Vigil after droning out a room I thought was safe or because of Dokki setting off my phone or seeing me on my own camera. I've not yet seen that shit happen in practice. Usually when a Logic Bomb goes off I'm roaming far away from any attackers or safely inside the base, so it's more of a minor annoyance. Zofia doesn't seem to get picked that often either, and most Zofia players tend to unload all their concs in one burst like a scrub Glaz who pops both of his smokes at once. I guess that theoretically shit's unbalanced, but most of it doesn't come true in practice. For that I'd suggest:

Sure, if you can't suspend your disbelief for the original ops you won't care much about day spa outfits. For me things start getting silly when characters start running around in battle spandex while simultaneously being a part of irl military organizations.

One other suggestion I want to make.
As it stands now, running into one while your phone's going off makes Mute's jammers essentially useless for countering that unless you want to spare one for every camping spot.

wew

I think a lot of these are pretty good, but I do have some objections.

Honestly, I don't think this is necessary, being able to spam 'nades is more a detriment to Zofia, because you have so few
I'd go farther, 2 concs and 2 impact, bring her down to capitaos level of ammo
Her kit is already good as is, her launcher is fast and easy to use and her guns are good, just remove this extra ability crap
I think this would be overkill, most players already get shaken when they walk into it

I have a better solution, make kapkan's EDD's do more than fucking getting sneezed on. Maybe get this, make them kill so they're an alternative to frost, but have a limited area they can be put

I miss the old Kapkan too, user.

That is the thing, they already have a limited area they can be put. I'd say just give Kap he previous amount of EDDs and up damage to lethal. Keep the laser removed. Only 3 mines that can be found in specific locations aren't that bad. Unless its something like the stupid vault over shield BS. But Frost's are just as painful in that situation.

that was the joke user

No bully I'm just autistic.

Ideally we would have three old EDDs with no laser, unfortunately Ubi seems deadset on sticking with this new direction. As a shield op I can literally just waltz through and take minimal damage if I keep my shield pointed towards the EDD without the risk of someone peeking out and shooting me in the head when I'm trying to shoot the EDD. Most of the times EDDs are obvious enough to spot without the old laser as opposed to welcome mats placed in blind spots, conc mines being glued on top of doorways you can't peek at, and invisible fucking gu's. EDDs damn well deserve to be lethal for being so comparatively easy to spot. It's mostly scrubs who would complain about getting instakilled for shit they can't see.

I remember before the change a round ending when a last-standing recruit of ours managed to lure the last-standing Monty into an EDD I placed. Now they just shrug it off. I also remember recently facing off against a Kapkan holding a doorway boobytrapped by an EDD, but me being Montagne I could just walk through with my shield extended and only take 17 HP damage. If that doesn't send a message that your gadget is fucking useless, I don't know what does.

I think that's a bit much, unless you want to spend time combing literally every corner of a room. Vigil is a bit of a weird character, since he's in direct conflict with the whole attacker philosophy of "recon before making your move". If you make his static range that small, he'd almost entirely negate proper clearing methods, which I don't think an op's ability should do.
Honestly, my change would be to make it so that she needs to capture a phone to get access to Logic Bomb. It's an incredibly powerful ability with no risk and no counterplay, while also complementing her secondary ability by fucking roamers over. As of now you can have your Doki stay at spawn and still be highly useful.
Either make it kick, or give it standard capacity mags.
Honestly, I have no idea what Ubisoft is gonna do with her. The last few seasons have tried to make her viable, but it seems that once people learn the common spots for traps she's forced back into the shed again.

forgot to link post

Also, another idea I need to pitch. Drones deal 1 damage when jumping into someone, unable to destroy gadgets. This change needs to be in solely so I can recreate the Compy scene from Jurassic Park II.

This isn't what I would do but I think its a reasonable change. If I were to change her I would just get rid of camera access and keep the phone buzzing. Just being able to hear where defenders are twice a match is powerful enough already.
Is the low kick even the problem right now? I always though it was op because she can shoot forever and not have to worry about reloading.

It's the low kick in addition to the massive magazine, and obscene fire rate

Mira's SMG has a capacity of 26, which is gone in roughly 2 seconds of continuous fire. Now imagine that packed into a deadly accurate SMG with no recoil and 51 rounds.

Ela's SMG has recoil, too bad it kicks straight up for a split second, and then starts shaking left to right, at 1300 RPM, so you can't miss the fucker's head, even if you went for his chest.

OK. At this point any nerfing would be welcome i'm too _new to play her.

That´s because masks on women are a top tier fetish.

Shit fixing tbh fam
is solid, but we are talking about ubishit user, now they got the focus on siege and it will just kill the game

Look I tried to be optimistic about this update but what is the actual fucking point of playing Valk now when literally every team has a doki?

really if doki had to do something camera related, make her able to loop 1 camera so that it wouldn't see anything for like 20 seconds. 1 camera at a time and 2 total or something

I never really thought that Dokkaebis camera hacking ability was too powerful, to be honest. It sounds really strong on paper but in practice most cameras will get taken out in the very first minute and valk throws her cameras mostly in positions which don´t really profit the other team anyway.
The really annoying and op thing about her though is her constant phone ringing. I can´t count how many times i died while being phoned and then immediately taken out by a rusher, who knew exactly where i were.

Twitch is probably one of the best female tactical operators, that isn't muh waifu bait or an ugly monstrosity.

That would solve the problem. You think you are watching a normal cam but it's the same shit over and over for 10 sec….allows for def to be careful, but isn't unbalance like now

Make her ability like cav. the defender have to be downed to grab the phone otherwise self destruct or something like that…basically you risk getting close in an alive enemy like cav to spot a pingterogation of all enemy

Winning matches with kap was a true benis enlarger thing to do

Its just infuriating since they know exactly where to smash them after they have acess

Keep your baguette in your pants faggot.

I'm guessing you haven't seen what she looks like without the mask.

my nigger

And at the same time, kek.

Then again I guess she's considered pretty by Frog standards

Face it, you're desperately pulling at straws here.

Actually, they exist. Israel, Poland, and SK have mandatory policies that require women to be in the special forces.

Italy have to meet a female quota too
mostly they stay in office because can't pass physical

Not biased at all user. The valk is still an ogre and Mira a tranny

The only one of those that surprises me is the Poles. I thought they had some measure of sense.

So is Vigil from North Korea officially or do they never specify?

I mean the fact that it's [Redacted] is a dead give away

He's clearly from the land of edgy fan fiction.

M8, that's her face on all models, what are you talking about? Look, we get it, you like trannies. And we also understand that you take defending your waifu very seriously. You're right about the models in the game not being good, but unfortunately, most modern games can't do textures right.

It's intentional you dumbasses, kids buy the season passes so they can feel overpowered for half a season with their "exclusive" "new" "characters"

And then Ubisoft "comes to their senses" and realizes the blindlingly obvious design flaw of high power + high fire rate + low recoil = overpowered gun

Did anyone else get a massive fps drop to unplayable levels? My card is a 960 and it ran the game at a stable 60 fps on high quality but now my shit dropped extremely bad jumping around from 12 to like 45 fps after this update.

I run a middle-of-the-line setup with a NVidia 1050 on low settings but nothing in particular has changed for me performance-wise. Aside from frequently getting 1000ms lag spikes, though that has been occurring before the update and I think has more to do with my ISP shitting itself.

They should do a redesign of tachanka. He's prettt much non-existent in game. It sucks because the idea of a stationary MG is cool as fuck and that head shield is useless imo since I've been headshotted in a frontal assault a few times before

Also for a stationary MG, his MG has ALOT of kick. Fuze's has less kick than that stationary one.

How much fun is this game if you never use voice chat and mute your whole team?

Still fairly tense and enjoyable, ping, marking and text chat usually get the message across for the most part.

Shit, if you don't want to talk that's one thing, but don't instantly mute everyone. Half of the fun in this game for me is the crazy banter. If you can't handle the idea of team work, than maybe don't play a team based game.

Yikes.

It is a current year +2 western AAA game user. They ALL look like trannies.

The other half of the fun is uninstalling it.

Pic related
But really, if you can't handle the idea of human interaction, you probably won't find this game, or any multiplayer game fun. The game relies on teamwork, and if you aren't listening to your teammates, than you aren't going to have fun

i would scrapped the tripod and the shield and went with a bipod and faster deployment so you could put it on knee/chest high surfaces or go prone with it to set up better chokepoints or ambushes

i solo que a lot in casual and you can play just fine in silence but with just a little bit of communication between teammates you'll win a lot more. If you're really well coordinated you'll kick the shit out of most people

They changed Frost's face in the last update. She actually looks decent now.

Hopefully you're not referring to this?

it's certainly an improvement.

Here's how I made playing Tachanka fun.
Don't.
No but seriously, spawn peeking with Tachanka is fucking hilarious and beautiful. Just be more mobile with Tachanka and get ready to pack up that bipod and move after every burst.

I know nothing about thise gamea and I'm just passing by, but the new one is way better dude.

I forgot how much fun this is

You can be my girl :3

Anything you say is automatically invalid.

the only unmasked hat she has is the "vacation' one which is indeed terrible

If you had a few spare hours I would love to share why Twitch's face is a masterpiece of design.

For a sec there I thought you were being serious.

she's come a long way

memes aside shes my fave grill op

She's pretty fun. Good guns, great gadget, no fuckery, balanced stats.

Hib is definitely my favorite female op, type 89 is really fun and theres a lotta neato tricks you can do with the xkairos, plus you always need a hard breacher but i need a break from always being thermite

This patch is fucking trash and it's only going to get worse from here, I'm done with this trash fire.

A Ubisoft AMA about R6S states that Ubisoft is not happy with how Echo has been turning out. Apparently while he's the anchor they wanted, they do not like how inactive he is during gameplay.

Also it seems that Ubisoft is openly considering never reintroducing Favela and Yacht back into ranked matches, but also possibly not even back into casual.

Jesus fuck

i really don't think echo needs tweaking, especially since a vocal echo player warrants his camping because he can't scan with his drone and should be relaying what he sees and when he blasts for maximum efficiency

Playing Thermite most of the time is great. I'm always useful, and almost no one gets mad at me for taking him
Also Hib is really fun to cock block as Mute. Seeing the notifications for each pellet I block is so rewarding.

I agree.

That said, they're talking about reworking Echo to force him to play a more active role as an anchor. God only knows how they might do this, like maybe marking the people he blasts with Yokai or maybe letting other players use the camera on Yokai, but apparently Ubisoft is intent on "fixing" him.

really sucks, i really didn't like favela but i miss playing on yacht, pretty fun map and much better than many of the current maps(Pres. Plane)

thermite is my most played attacker so i like taking a break to play some one with more fun guns, despite him being still one of the most valuable choices

they need to stop overthinking operators, many of the "good" ones just do one job, which mostly boils down to advancing or denying movement

I personally enjoy Plane, but then again I don't really roll my eyes to any map that has been introduced.

Do people play Echo like retards or something? Are they just blasting random people then running away? I always follow a Cav or similar roamer for easier kills.

The current meta behind Echo is to find a corner, plop down, deploy Yokai, and guard the objective with Yokai. Echo, the operator, is never really tossed into the fight unless Yokai is destroyed, generally speaking. Yokai is good for stopping plants, slowing down the hostage runner, and disorienting anyong securing the container, though the latter one still requires Echo to get up and shoot something.

the only map i've really disliked is bartlett because its obj points are shit, attacking the trophy room fucking sucks dick and the first floor objectives have tons of spots you can peep or window hop like a madman

God damnit

I've seen my fair share of Echo 1v5 clutch wins. That old chart referring to that definitely wasn't memeing.

I thought she was eating some ramen from the thumbnail.

I'd be sad to see them rework Echo. I've started playing him more with the new patch, especially with the constant Dokkis.

He's a niche character and he requires you to be more active on mic, but he can really lock down a chokepoint.

Sauce? image searches turn up empty.

Good fucking dogshit.

That really sounds like hot fucking garbage. Though the usual naming convention for new Operations tends to be stuff like Blood Orchid, Velvet Shell and White Noise with the first adjective being a reference to the color indicator of the new ops (velvet/purple for GEO, blood/dark red for SAT), so unless Ubisoft decided to stray from this convention for some reason or decide to make the color indicators for new ops multi-colored, this seems like a whole buncha fake shit to me, we already had a convincing attempt for Ukrainian ops in the past.

They're straying from the color naming scheme, because the new operators firstly, aren't from the same CTUs, and secondly, they're more American and Russian operators, so they might just jam them under FBI and Spetsnaz, if they're really that dumb.

quads here

That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

we already know the new op is called "chimera' and features new american/russian ops, maybe the seasons with new countries will go back to the old naming style. something like "operation yellow pasta" for italy and "operation brown shithole" for morroco

So now that I've had a chance to play the new ops, zofia is really the only bad one. Vigil I kinda want to see buffed, like make him immune to the phone hack when his thing is one or seomthing. Just give him a portable mute jammer, that would be cool and useful. Dokkeabi seemed really OP but is kind of a sidegrade to jackal. And the camera hack isn't actually too good as most cams are destroyed anyway, and getting a phone isn't actually as easy as I thought it'd be. Her M14 is kinda weird though. Zofia however is just fucking stupid. She has too many gadgets, a passive that is incredibly strong, even though I haven't even had to use it yet cause I haven't died with her. Her guns just fuck shit up and she's fast and can conc fuckers all day. They really need to get rid of the mouse slow because no one can touch you as a 3 speed with lessened sensitivity, it's just not gonna happen. And most of the passive just need to be removed, having immunities for no real logical reason is just stupid. But on the whole they are not as bad as I thought.

dokk isn't as annoying as i expected, most attackers don't seem to have the time to juggle extra camera by the time a phone got hacked unless some idiot died window hopping too early. I'm seeing her get picked less and less but zof is becoming a popular staple, even without her gadget her rifle is powerful as fuck. Jackal probably does doks job better too since his footstep tracker is still active even after he uses his scans. A lot of dokis don't use their phonecall at good times either but that will improve with time. I wouldn't change vigil too much, i actually like using him a lot and if you use his jammer for hiding movement instead of actually camping its really effective. The shotguns fun as fuck too

I like Doki quite a bit. I like her Mk14 and her side arm. Also her Logic Bomb can be quite useful, but more than once I've had to tell my team to STFU when I used it because they would otherwise nearly shout over it, eliminating the purpose of it entirely.

I like the autopistol and her m14 but i wouldn't pick her if some one already put jackal on the team, and he's better for spooking roamers AND flushing out the obj campers. I think i would still axe the camera hack altogether and change logic bomb to have more uses but smaller radius

Yeah, 3 or 4 uses but maybe a 10-20 meter radius. It's not like it's even effective on people outside of that range.

Am i supposed to buy the starter edition?

Do not.

Yes, definitely. Your time is worth the price.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I want to ask for sauce, but it seems like it's some stupid rape shit. I will just read Tomoko's cuddling with his newfound soulmate and call it a day.

It's neet incest.

A-alright then. Bring it.

exhentai.org/g/1049995/68176e40e2/

no, unless you want to grind 5 as many times or something like that

w-which one is that

WARNING INCREDIBLY RETARDED IDEA INCOMING, STAND CLEAR
A defender who's 'gadget' is a pair of AI operators who can be given simple orders.

That was retarded.

nah, too complex and would add to much shit to the field, programing the AI would result in them being useless shit or complete aimbots too. I'd like a new 3armor attacker that isn't a shield user though.

SHIT
less shit, but needs refining

Also
>>>/cuckchan/

you saw nothing, boyo

Yup, you have to go back.

Try playing Caveira without being given away all the time.

To be fair, that's kinda the point

I shiggy diggy. This isn't TF2, ops shouldn't be a hard counter, they should have niches.

it's less dangerous to cav than jackal is, especially if she wastes her phonecalls while you're far away from her which she doesn't have many means of gauging

Cav can completely negate Jackal with SS though.

No, not true, that's why you keep moving. You know, Caveria's specialty.

true, a lot of cav players still don't realize this too. I'm not necessarily defending dokks phonecall but i think its deceptively underpowered because having full-map range just feels like it gets wasted a lot, especially against roamers. If anything it feels more useful for use on final push

Not that I disagree with you on principle but Bandit hardcounters Thermite unless you have a Thatcher.

Fucking why?

Is there an MMR system for casual?

you can remap it you know

You can throw grenades back?

Ye, except for some reason your character doesn't do a good throw, but he wimpily flops it back.

Yeah. But despite every thrown grenade, gadget and drone working on the "half A-press to ready, complete A-press to throw", throwing grenades seems to require, at minimum, a press and a half.

I have almost 500hrs in this game and did not know that.

While I'm not certain, I think you can technically throw impacts back, but between the timing required and the animation speed, I doubt it's actually possible.

I only know because of some shit I saw on youtube, and I managed to successfully use it once, because the enemy was a dipshit and didn't cook the nade. Basically managed to throw it out of my corner, in the general direction of the enemy, but returned grenades have a completely different trajectory, speed and physics than regular grenades.

If you're quick enough to can try to catch a cooked nade so that if you're holding it, it will only down you instead of killing you.

user you know she's a chink right.

Yes but she was born in Canada and wears the standard of the syrup-lickers.

wrongnhoka.tumblr.com/

How about a operator with a A-10 Warthog

That is the most ass backwards thing I've ever heard, after y'know ubisoft making a fun game

This is from the zootopia abortion furry comic isnt it? I saw like 10 different reaction pics from that thing already, it must be a gold mine. I need to read this.

>tfw Korean operators are literal shitposters and /k/ommandos and they browses halfchan
Shitposting operators are the best kind of operators

Enjoy more UDT designed patches
These are actually official UDT patches

wow these are the only cool things SK has ever done

very likely, apparently the only good place to get porn in SK is on 4chan because they block all porn sites out there

Isn't there a gay shota gook enclave here on redchan.it?

I've seen that board, I wondered what the hell was up with that.

From what I've seen there are a lot of military folks who use imageboards.

I've played with Vigil a bit, and his huge static range is actually quite helpful because it can also affect the floor above you. I could hear a drone above me going nuts because it was checking every room on the top floor, so Vigil's cloak can be used to give off a false positive. At least if you don't stick around too long and get Fuzed once Fuze figures out you're below him.

Is the double barrel somehow weaker at close range? I swear I impregnated Zoe with it from 5 feet and she did not die.

You sure? Because I've one tapped gook bitch with it and she has the same armor.

Nope. You probably got a taste of that Quality Ubisoft Hit Detection™.

I don't think that's how that works, oni-chan.

She looks better here.

according to her bio she already has a kid so every time you shoot her dead remember those orphans

By that I meant I literally shot her in the cunt twice and she didn't die.

If it's a 2 or 3 armor operator with Rook's armor, you wont one shot injure them. One shot kills also only apply to 1 armor operators.

The weapon does 125 damage. Players have 120 (100 base + 20 injure) health.
1 armor operators get 0% reduction, so it does 125 damage, killing them instantly.
2 armor operators get 10% reduction, so it does 112.5 damage, injuring them.
3 armor operators get 20% reduction, so it does 100 damage, injuring them.
Rook's armor adds an additional 20% reduction (multiplicative, not additive), turning a 1 armor operators into 3 armor. 2 and 3 armor operators push the damage below 100, meaning you need more than one shot to kill.
There's also a 25% reduction when you hit the legs (again, multiplicative). This means that shooting the person's legs also wont get you the one shot injure or kill.

Long story short if you're playing against Rook the weapon is shit. And if you aim at the legs, you're shit.

So you shot the legs. Good job, you're shit.

Rook being present is a moot point since both Vigil and Rook are defenders

The attacker of Vigil's faction also has the same shotgun, so no, it is not.

Rude. I was crouched and she surprised the shit out of me.

I keep forgetting to change the chat to game volume.

It's France and Russia.

I played alot against vigil since he came out and I have to say I don't think he is an unfair character

I think the fucking korean girl though is cancer and as a defender you should be able to destroy your phone thereby you will destroy your access to cameras aswell. That should be the countermeasure against it because as it stands when that fucking character is alive and you are outnumbered you are pretty much fucked because they will always find you and you will be running around trying to avoid getting killed whilst your fucking phone is ringing over and over again. I don't know how they can fix this character design it's not really as bad as I said but it's probably the most annoying thing in the game.

I'm not laughing at you but this post is unintentional comedic gold.

Yep my bad, y3s3 is new american and UK ops

CIA?!
CIA SAD/SOG when?

Ubicucks not welcome.

I don't know who the new unit is but apparently the new Uk ops are Scotland Yard based. If they're based off the C-men that would be cool but knowing ubisoft and UK it might just be a brown lady with a bobby hat

yea I started playing the game this year and my honest opinion is that they don't give a fuck about base game operators and most year 1 operators or game balance. Everything that gets released seems to be more powerful but I've only played casually for a couple months now on and and off all the new operators though seem OP or really annoying in ways that year 1 and base game operators aren't.

Well now that they added a masked man they need to add this guy as an interrogation expert. If ubisoft was smart they would make CIA an operator but I don't think they are smart.

We need an edit where bane is ubi.

year 1 were mostly spins on existing gadgets which worked well, hibana/thermite, frost/kapkan buck/sledge. Valks gadget worked well and still works well if dokkeb isn't around. The only year1 op i would say isn't very well thought out is capitao and EVEN THEN i've found smart moves you can make with him.

Hell jackal/mira were good additions too, it was post health were it went wild

the only year one operator that I think is imbalanced is Caveira but I don't know because I haven't purchased or played her so I have no idea about the amount of skill it takes to pull off the things I've seen people do with her.

I wish that they'd organize the operators into Nationality groups. I mean we already have 6 burger ops.

Caveira has a high skill ceiling. She isn't OP, in the hands of a good player, she can make shit rounds into an upset round.

good cav players can wreak fucking havok but being a 1armor means if she fucks up her sneak she's dead and a lot of players still don't know you need to use silent step so jackal can't track you

by played that means I haven't played as her at all not even on any of my friends setups or anything

So I have no idea how hard it is to do the shit she's done to me or I've just seen people do strafing runs with her pistol and take down like 2 people.

I don't know if it's hard to do I don't know the stats for her pistol I just know that once she has me in her sights I usually end up dead.

doing what caveira does isn't much harder than sneaking up on people as other operators except she gets to sprint quietly, it's a lot about not being overconfident and going for an interrogation too quickly. Map knowledge is crucial as well especially if you can use impact grenades wisely

What old chart? Post it.

blitz needs to be changed to "believes himself to be fucking invincible and is"

memes aside, I wanted to try and make something useful for the players here. Something like a combo-chart™ of ops that go well together. Here's what I got so far:

until you encounter someone who isn't a retard and pops you in the legs, exposed hands/arms, or if you're a retard and still try to ADS when pistols are perfectly accurate

>

and any traps against monty are basically useless. Kapkan traps pose actually 0 threat to monty, and if he positions correctly not even Ela's matter

Thanks Ubisoft. Go fuck yourself for your shitty fucking service. Your shitty service ruined the last multiplayer game I liked. I sincerely hope you go bankrupt.

I thought this game was doomed from the start because it made you unlock things that affect gameplay. People are too accepting. It seems ubisoft knows the maps are important for gameplay but apparently not the operators. I would play it if it was like dota 2 where everything that affects gameplay is available for free and only cosmetics are charged. I don't think ubisoft would ever be willing to do that though.

Eat shit.

Did you contact support?

Waiting on that now. Expecting them to be like "well you see you cheated so just buy the game again goyim". I'm going to give them a week and if they don't contact me after that, I'm uninstalling it.

Can you at least play the single player campaign still?

Pretty sure they do that for For Honor or at least the base characters. Haven't looked into that since it's launch.

My best guess is yes but why the fuck would I?

you should have contacted them the moment you lost access to your acount since it shows your just a victim and not a hacker.

have fun playing the waiting game.

They should make all characters/guns/attachments free. The game can't give everyone the same skill but it can at least create a level playing field.
There might be a loophole where you can play article 5 with other people at least.

Is Tachanka still useless

I got the account back. I have no idea what triggered the cheat accusation unless that got back access to the account and started cheating like a massive faggot. I've told them what happened and mentioned what country the IP came from to give an idea of who was the original owner. I'm really not expecting to get anything back from them. At the very least I hope they tell me what the fuck laid the ban in the first place.

Is there no two-factor authentication for u-play?

When is the next season with the zombie shit coming out supposedly?

yeet

I didn't like the direction things were going when they introduced Ela, and I feared for the worst. But Zofia is actually a good and non-obnoxious character design, nothing like her sister.

surprised to say I'm really enjoying white noise so far. tower is a cool map, the new ops feel spicy and actually pretty balanced. Nothing sticks out to me as being super broken at the moment.

you don't need attachments to outplay, Play SAS or GIGN recruit for a good amount of games and you'll see

It's not the end of the world as most anons who have uninstalled the game put it, most of the new ops turned out to be quite balanced. I guess Zofia is more versatile than Ash but Ash makes up for that by having no hitbox. Every new season do people pull their hairs out about how OP the new ops will be, but it's only rarely ever the case. At first everyone thought that Jackal would put an end to roaming permanently while Mira would be useless, though it turned out to be the other way around.

The only worrying things here are the moronic lore passives, especially if they're going to add more of them in the future. Literally the only reason Echo is invulnerable to Dokki's Logic Bomb is because Ubisoft would have to make a special ringing phone animation for him given that he has a special armwrist computer for watching cameras and drones as opposed to everyone else (except Twitch who is an attacker) having smartphones. Hopefully someone at Ubisoft tells the writers to knock it the fuck off with the lore. It's fun when it concerns character interactions based on their in-game playstyles, like how Ying, being a non-lethal Fuze, thinks Fuze is a murderous psychopath with no regard for hostage lives (which is true). The Ela/Zofia rivalry shouldn't translate to concussion resistance and bonus points for no fucking reason other than lore. There are already some recorded lines for when Zofia kills Ela, though they haven't been implemented yet, and I'd rather they stick to vocal call-outs like in TF2.

The old backstories were rather boring and generic (John Jackson joined the army at the age of 20 and then enlisted under Special Task Force /end), but these new drawn out ones are just painful to read. They're trying to make the new ops too damn special and it's like reading a Navy SEALs copypasta. Which is doubly stupid given that the Navy SEALs are already in the game.

detected the lie, you won't hear footsteps if you listen to music while playing

Australian special forces when? The new Rising Storm Vietnam update got my wanting some Ozzy shitposting in more games and media.

Never but enjoy the Moroccans.

Attackers gadget is a boomerang that starts yelling obscenities, but otherwise does nothing.

smoke break makes him immune to spawn peeks but that's all he does.

You're retarded. An DMR that has no recoil.
Makes ash fucking useless as a pick. Why pick her when you can take zofia instead?

I don’t think that I can’t win without them but why would I want the game to be affected by it when there have been games before that don’t make me unlock equipment. All of the things needed to unlock are just there to incentivize you to pay money for characters and fun bucks. It doesn’t even help you learn or make the game better. I always see people say they are okay with it but why does the game need to merely be ok?

when midseason comes and they revoke zofias breaching charges, calling it.Ash having breaches is great because combined with her speed and gadget she can clear a path through soft walls very quickly, Zofia has that same level of ability when she should probably just get smokes or something. Actually now that i think about it, deciding Zofias sub gadgets is a nightmare, giving her flashbangs instead of breaching round would mean she'd have even more shit to throw into a hole ontop of her grenades, giving her frags would have the same effect, giving her smokes would allow her to work in tandem with glaz even more effectively. I would really like it if they thought up some more universal gadgets, the introduction of impact grenades and claymores came out very well but i dunno what a good new attacking one could be.

What happens is people who have been playing awhile get the attachments they want and forget about renown. I often forget about the games initial grind completely because its so far behind me now. I would also argue that attachment/operator grind was just a way to hook new players in a bit, so your first hours of the game every few rounds you would get something new to play with, kinda like how COD/BF keeps gradually giving you new guns to keep you engaged

I've seen finnish police use shields made of pretty much kevlar, so how about an operator who has a kevlar shield with a breaching charge and can ram through walls swiftly, downside being he loses the shield after 1-2 walls.
Could also make it so he doesnt use sidearm with the shield but has a smg or something to switch to quickly after busting through a wall.

Every time people talk about new gadget ideas theres a "breaching shield" brought up because it looks cool on the cover art, and i agree. breaching and entering in one action

defenders deploy a emu drone.

Agreed, I wish they would add some gimmick like that to other shield ops too, like charge a short distance really fast downside being you lose much of your directional control for the charge and cant move right after it.
But have it break down fortified doors n shit, something like that.

That would be unfair, the attacking shitposters would never win if it was deployed.

No one's talking about the "report toxic behavior" option? How Orwellian tbvqh.

Why is that a minus?

What are you talking about, dokidoki is obscenely overpowered along with zofia invalidating another op.
The kapkan changes making him actually useless in his intended role because "60, what do you mean 30 damage, in my day we had 20 damage EDDs and we loved it." Seriously you're lucky to get a single shot's worth of damage off of them now

Kapkans EDD is more like stacking a bunch of cans behinda swinging door now. dokis gadget isn't as powerful as it seems especially since it rings the entire map and half the time she can't even hear who's phone is ringing, her laser accurate M14 is what makes her OP. Zofia just has too many fucking tools ON TOP of her really good rifle

look, all you need to do is realize that she's a strong woman and can pick herself up from a down because she's so empowered

i don't even find her design or concept that offensive, remove the passive and make her an alternative to ash rather than just a better ash, like how hibana is an alternative thermite, or frost to kapkan or buck to sledge.

i bought the starter edition
but the game turned out to be fun
how fucked am i?

very

that's pretty shit
which ops should I work for?
planning to get y3 season pass, have fuze, twitch, and smoke with 20k renown banked

My suggestion is to get the full (non starter) version ASAP. You'll burn out way too quick otherwise.

How do you upgrade versions?

No idea, since I bought the correct version myself.
Try returning the starter and buying the correct one

You don't upgrade. All you can do is buy year passes to get the dlc ops. Otherwise just make a new account for rainbow six. The started edition is basically a scam.

You need to remove the Starter Edition from your Steam library and then buy the full version again.

This stuff is actually tastefully done. Reminds me of shit like:

see, that's the kind of lore I like. It's cute, it has to do with the gameplay, and it can be ignored by people who don't give a shit.
The "sister rivalry" shit feels really DONUT STEEL to me and it worries me deeply.

In theory you're kind of right? But you said it yourself kapkan's EDDs are so useless right now it's basically just stacking tin cans behind a door

As a kapkan main the kill rate has been roughly the same. I'm getting more assists and roughly the same amount of kills, they're just not instant. I assumed at first that his EDDs would become water balloons but they actually seem to be taking about half their health, so they're almost guaranteed to lose the next firefight.

It's all about being smart with your placements.

Beslan school siege, a real event i'm surprised they namedropped, but i agree that's just the right amount of fluff, I also liked Hibanas trailer where she says in japanese "as my good friend would say. 'big fucking hole comin' up" that got a nice laugh out of me. Mira and Ash are noted to dislike on another as well

I don't -hate- that echo gets a free pass because it makes him a little more valuable but when you know its just because they didn't want to make an animation for his wristband its more annoying

garunteed to be shit then, i was hoping for something akin to the fun i had with nazi zombies

Only if they walk through the doors, or don't have a shield, and hug the doorframe, and are 1 armors.
It only does 30 max to monty or a blitz who're generally the people taking point. Even less if someone sprints through the door, generally averaging about 20 or less damage if it's a 3 speed.

one leak i saw had an objective screen like "Evacuate civilians" so at the very least it might be more than just shooter dumber version of the thunt enemies but i'm still not looking forward to this at all, really just want more maps and gadgets because they're tapped out on operator ideas