Legend of salt mining

Holy shit. PUBG fags are ass blasted over losing game of the year award to to Zelda.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/LJYSg
hooktube.com/watch?v=0j10Hr-EakE
steamcommunity.com/app/578080/discussions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sony fans are just as salty

Super Mario should have won. BoTW is easily one of the worst 3D Zelda games and suffers from all the major problems every game that jumped on the open world meme has

Just that fucking name sounds like some awful shit from 2007. Who the hell thought "Yeah, this is a good name"?

Which game of the year awards? There are about six gorillion entities giving out GOTY awards, one less meaningful than the next, so you gotta be more specific.
Also
2017 truly has been shit if that shit show and Pubg are even nominated

inb4 Phaggot Unknown sues the TGAs

Post some actual screencaps of PUBfag salt, you fucks. That's what salt mining threads are for.

This one.

BotW or PUBG?

Look at how genuine and happy Aonuma looks to win the award

Looking at PUBG, it looks like it was made by soulless Koreans and a nameless Chink. Aonuma deserves to win

They'd probably would feel even saltier if they lost Best Multiplayer, but it turns out
THE GAME AWARDS FORGOT THE CATEGORY
archive.is/LJYSg

B-but EA and a bajillion game journalists told me single player games were dead and multiplayer is the future!

I unironically think Fortinte would've taken that one from PUBG, Fortnite is the fastest growing free to play game of all time or some shit. I mean, shit, Destiny would've probably taken it, seeing as Activision has enough money to pay them off to just put it on the list.

Wanna bet Fortnite won it and the chinks behind PUBG paid off the hosts to not announce it?

Why is there even a best Chinese game award?

i have no love for BOTW but its a better choice than PUBG that's for sure

They wanted to be inclusive to not piss off SJWs, but then they realized that niggers can't make video games so they chose Chinks as the next best thing

I mean, if there going to have an award for video games of different regions, why pick just China instead of multiple countries?
Also Chinese people aren't dark enough for sjws so they're still white to most of them.

Of those six, CoD and Mario Kart don't stand a chance, Spla2n is a long shot and a half, and Destiny 2 bombed almost as hard as Horizon: Zero Awards; I don't think that any of them stand a chance.
And when it comes down to PUBG vs Fortnite, PUBG is a lot bigger, even if Fortnite is growing fast.

Really skeptical of that honestly. If they're paying the hosts, why not just pay them to crown them winners? Paying them to ignore a category would already put them pretty deep, but they have mad stacks of cash, so what would stop them from going the whole hog?

Because they're sucking up real hard to Tencent.

Classic.

None of the other GOTY nominees were direct PUBG contenders, so I don't think they'd mind losing that too much. But Fortnite is a direct threat and rival to PUBG, and they probably got that award.

lol sonyggers and lootboxfags

hooktube.com/watch?v=0j10Hr-EakE
even looking at footage of the chinese game's class selection, the game looks like some shovelware MMO that would've been designed with pay2win shit and an auto-battle button in mind.

Oh boy, it's another pseudo-martial arts Chink MMO? Can you see the excitement in my text?

The mental gymnatistic on cuckchan Holla Forums is beautiful. They think bayonetta 3 will come on Xbox one x

The only chinese game that I enjoyed, was the recent remake, called Tale of Wuxia, and I enjoyed it, even with it's questionable translation. It's a blend of RPG, spreadshit simulator(the type that you need a guide in order to know what to do and when to do so that you don't get the worst ending), and a romance VN. Ironically it's sequel pre-sequel came out this year, I haven't played it, but I think it should have received a nomination, if it's like the first one.

They so wanted to give rpg to mass effect. If EA hadn't of already buried it they would have.

Mario is boring as fuck, its a shit collectathon with zero challenge

well yeah, skyrim won a goty or ten

SJWs? Are you fucking retarded,, sjws don't care about China.

It's because of money you morons, this whole gameshow is about money.

Go look up what Tencent is and then no one will ever need to explain to you again why China is suddenly becoming a thing in Western markets

Didn't the chinks cheap out on it, not just with the translation, but by refusing to translate to English a huge update with a lot of added content?

We can all look forward to gaming becoming even more cancerous and soulless thanks to the chink incursion. If people think EA is bad they have to see how the chinks Jew it up in games.

Good, the worse it gets the better.

steamcommunity.com/app/578080/discussions/
The fuck is this?

hilarious.

I begin to see the wisdom in the Chinese government's plans to keep their citizens almost completely isolated from the rest of the internet.

I wouldn't describe those that play PUBG as people.

I didn't think that was a real thing until I saw streamers who legitimately think that.

I have a hard time believing that, but if it's real it's amazing.

I wouldn't even have noticed if you didn't mention it.

You could say the same about the event organizers

Just wait until Breath of the Shekel gets all of its DLC, maybe it'll get decent not really

But it is. More people have bought it and enjoyed it than any other game that has come out in years. Plus when you don't want to play it anymore you can just watch streamers play on twitch.tv and still have fun. Can you say the same about the other contenders? I thought not.

user was right people don't play pubg, people like you are clearly subterra sub humans

WTF I love PUBG now! Thank you for your amazing insight, fellow gamer!

You have no idea how much salt Bayonetta 2 & 3 being switch exclusives. Hell Nintendo fans are the only ones who brought Bayonetta in large numbers before the PC port of 1.

Clearly Gravity Rush 2 should have won game of the year.

Or at least got a nomination on outstanding soundtrack

I called PUBG a fad. I said PUBG was an early access scam. I said the devs are only out for your cash. They laughed.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

you get what you deserve fag

Salt mining is made possible by going to shitty places user.

Not everything is about sjws, goober. Chi a has massive stakes in the industry. Stick to your containment thread.

I don't give a shit about the mainstream industry but objectively PUBG should have won.

It is a phenomenon.

Guess Cod should have won it for multiple years in a row when it was a phenomenon.

I assume this is your first fad. Don't worry, you'll be tricked by another one soon

It's early access, fuck that shit. I don't want incomplete games getting god damn awards. It invites the developers to then sit on their fucking asses and not complete it.

Put the game out officially if you want your shit to be recognized for accolades.

It doesn't get more mainstream industry than PUBG you silly git.

You roll in here from cuckchan pal?

You're right but not because of anything related to this shitty awards show
They had a literal corner of nintendrones all wearing bright red Nintendo hats, of course a Nintendo game was going to win GOTY.

Literally the only game worse than PUBG that got nominated for GOTY was Horizon: Zero Awards.

I can at least swallow BOTW winning since PUBG is early access shooter 500mil.

How out of touch are you goober redditer?

yeah,just keep making up excuses for your fecalphilliac tendencies

I love how after each gaming event cuckchan and other spergs infest out board for whatever reasons.

It is just Skyrim with link.

But then PUBg is just Counter Strike deathmatch with an open world map.

That I can agree with.
Lesser cancer winning is better than greater cancer winning.
Not saying much though

Pretty much.

Every year some of these SJW shit win some shit thanks to a very "fair" judgement.

At least it was best than Gone Home

Who cares about quality? Or personal taste?

PUBG has 20 million active players. I'm just being honest. PUBG is this industry flagship. So it needed to win.

Every game is a fad user. Nobody talks about something that came out 2 months ago.

I know how this industry works, I know what gamers are like.

fixed that just for (you)

With Zelda? Fuck no. I'd rather see a Nintendo game take it over a propaganda piece like Horizon Zero Awards.
My GOTY is Yakuza 0 but no fuckin' way it would even get a nomination. I'm just somewhat glad P5 won the RPG award so the faggots assblasted they didn't get to pozz it have another thing to kvetch.

Poor Kat had a hard life.

Glad that piece of shit with so much marketing behind it won nothing

You are objectively incorrect. There are plenty of game series or standalone games that have had long lived fan bases and were good for reasons other than "It's new and my friends are playing it".

2/10 for getting my response

pretty much
nuzelda doesn't play and doesn't feel as a zelda game, and doesn't have the charm of the saga (lackluster ost, sfx, sad excuse of dungeons)
mario plays and feels like a mario game, it has all the elements to make it fit with previous games (even though i hate some elements, like the "totally not rabbits" or the humans on dong city)

Nuzelda is Aonuma Zelda you literal retard.

Daily reminder Cisquisition, Overwatch won the VGA GOTY award and now you can stand along with these… wonderful games! Congratulations!

Look pal, if you want to keep believing that skyrim has 10 gameplay-related, not stat-driven solutions to any given problem due to a wealth of mechanics and insane interactivity between them, it's cancer your brain is going to have to deal with. But I'd advise you find another easy buzzword to shit on the game because "it's skyrim" is the laziest and most incorrect crap you can possibly come up with. You might as well say "it's halo".

Hzd and Ashly Burch should have won

How does one acquire such bad taste. Are you born with it?

I laughed harder than I should have

As ps4 fag who played and finished HZD i'm glad it didn't won anything.
Also i'm happy for P5 winning rpg of the year although Nier would have been good choice as well

Wait, are people really calling BOTW the worst Zelda ever made? The cycle is in full swing.

Doesn't mean much and people are just exaggerating. But it's so flawed on many levels. It's barely even a Zelda game too. Too easy (even for Zelda), damage sponge enemies, boring bosses, barely any story worth caring about, combat has plenty of cool tricks but is hideously broken thanks to witch time dodging, and the world is pretty empty. Shrines are baby tier puzzles 80% of the time and aren't good alternatives for well thought out dungeons, of which are too short. It's like others have said. It can be compared to MGSV and Skyrim.

Darksiders 1&2 are better Zelda games then BOTW.

Did you watch the nominees? Fucking NITW was there, it's the art category where the games don't matter but rather how much cock the developer sucked

According to whom exactly? Some Hollywood fuckface trying to make a spectacle out of the game industry? Stop legitimizing this crap.

Never expected this to happen years ago.

Definitely didn't watch it. I didn't feel like swallowing bleach a few hours straight. I knew it was going to be a ton of shilling and garbage. I just wanted to know what exactly.

Honestly, anyone with half a mind could see that.

BotW isn't as good as people make it out to be, but boy am I fucking glad it won over PUBG.

Most people in this thread are calling it shitty, mostly because it won the award

Normalfags treat it like it's the second coming of Christ much like Skyrim 6 years ago
That's what I meant.

At least there is something right on that list.

yeah it's japanese skyrim

….what does pubg stand for again? I've been out of the loop lately. But given from the negative reactions from some anons here, it almost sounds like a gaming std spreading around or something.

Not a bad choice, actually. Could have been worse. Could have been an sjw game that solely won because of its sjw politics and disgusting nepotism.

Look it up, user. It takes 10 seconds.

Unsurprisingly most of the award winners are shit and should have gone to a more deserving game.
But something I find funny is that RE7 won best VR game when it's not entirely a VR game and can be play normally, if that isn't proof that VR is a fucking meme then I don't know what is.

Player Unknown Battle Ground; a shitty, unfinished, streamer pandering, battle royale meme game that will probably win best multiplayer game because "muh popularity" and because TGA are massive shills for tencent who are the ones who are running the Chinese servers for that game.

Streamerbait is killing the industry. Friendly reminder that the generation that were 360 kids are the ones buying into shitty "games" like PUBG and Rocket League, and don't understand proper video games on a fundamental level. For them gaming has always been online multiplayer cawadoody-tier bullshit. They're also the pieces of shit buying lootboxes and don't blink an eye at DLC.

Thanks Microsoft, it's going to take a decade to undo the damage you've done. At least the Xbox is failing.

Why does user keep using this phrase? Do you really think there was any sort of meaningful input from qualified judges on this phony spectacle?

God damnit, OP

This board is full of sonyggers, it was the switch seller, and it's open world. Guess how much of an incentive there is to call it shit. If Odyssey came first it'd be called Skyrim too. It's just how things work.

has anyone modded 3d mario into skyrim yet

Neither deserve an award.

Come the fuck on.

I hoped Persona 5 would win.

Enjoy it a lot but an unfinished game shouldn't even be eligible for an award
Imagine if this happened in any other industry

Tencent owns 25% of Activision Blizzard and pretty much bought the entire TGA show, judging by the amount of Tencent shilling. So it's no wonder that they would crypto-shill themselves thru Blizzard as well. In the last few years they've been investing like hell in gaming and IT in general, meaning that they probably intend to clash with the big guys (EA, Valve, Zenimax) and potentially take over the entire industry. Either way, we're fucked.

If you want to see the salt. Go on Cuckchan

Oh no faggot, you made the thread with the name "salt-mining".
You can't tell people to go to a different site when you do shit like this.

"HURR DURR I WANT THIS CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE TO BE A DIFFERENT CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE! FUCKING NINTENDO, WHY DO YOU KEEPING FUNDING THESE GAMES THAT NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO FUND!? RRRRRREEEEEEEE!
Jesus Christ the state of cuckchan.
Those other anons are right, OP is faggot for not backing up his claim with proof.

He may be a faggot but I do feel Bayo should be on a platform that has the tendency to chug whenever anything moderately tasking happens. Hopefully they'll make this game with the idea that a high, consistent framerate is fine.

Monster Hunter's non console games would have been much better off on the Vita due to two sticks and decent resolution than the horrible 3DS one.

People already pay to beta test games. It's already set into motion. Hype is more important than quality.

Makes sense. Like come on, best chinese game? They could at least had a category for best JP, US, and EU game as well.

What did he mean by this?

Meant shouldn't. Also I was mainly arguing for it to also have a PC port or just something stronger than the Switch.

I'd like a PC port too, but maybe when you beg for a port in the future you should make sure your post actually says that you want a port and doesn't say that you don't want a port.

I dont like how nintendo has to keep a stanglehold on the franchise and force it to be on one console.
I feel like Nintendrones are going to buy that game on the switch just the same as if it was on the ps4/xbone too.
But then I remember that sony and microsoft take part in that console exlusive faggottry too.
Fuck em all.

honestly its a toss up between nier automata and gravity rush 2. nier had really fun combat with a nice amount of variety that kept it interesting, and gr2 had really fun movement and a ton of variety and challenge to play around with.
persona 5 was cool but something about it just kept me from having as much fun as nier or gr2.

i cant really think of any other great games that released this year. but then again i dont keep track of time and thought some games that came out in 2015 and 2016 came out this year. what were the other contendies?

I'm a little assblasted that games like Fortnite and PUBG apparently have tens of millions of players. Shit like that should not have a playerbase. Even though BotW is a deeply flawed game, at least it's a fucking game and not a hamfisted meme.

WHERE'S THE SALT?

Read through this whole thread and disappointed to find neither salt, nor an explanation of what the hell PUBG is.

Seriously, what is it and why would anyone think it could contest Zelda for GOTY? (Admittedly, Zelda probably ISN'T the best game of the year, but I've honestly never even heard of "PUBG". It sounds like a drunk twelve year old trying to type the dirtiest word he can think of.

If someone plays PUBG that's a red flag they're manchildren or people not worth associating with
Typically the "I'm doing it because it's popular" mindless crowd

no, you have clearly not played it. it's not super tough, but 100%ing it requires you to play through some challenging sections.
still shouldn't have won goty

It's a battle royal shooter that's made by a former ARMA modder. It's super popular because it' 'high stakes' and 'tactical'.

Gas the sapiens race war now.

While we're on subject, who the fuck is Player Unknown and what did he do to guarantee a game with his name on it?

The guy who made PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
He made a game and put his name on it. What did American McGee do to get his name on Alice: Madness Returns? What did Sid Meier do to get his name on Civilization? What did Tom Clancy do to get his name on Rainbow Six?

Did someone say salt?

Thanks for that. I googled "what the hell is PUBG" and encountered a thread claiming it was "Player Unknown's Battlegrounds", but that was such a stupid name for a game I wasn't sure it was a troll or not.

It is. PUBG is also shit but so is the new Zelda.
Divinity Original Sin 2, Nier or Mario should have won but the retards who vote for this shit are casuals.

Tom Clancy didn't make the games.

He didn't make the games, he wrote the story franchise that was adapted into the game franchise. He still created the original thing.

Boyhood: the game didnt won because fuck the oscars

PUBG is like the emperor's new clothes. People who play it want to play the popular game even though it sucks.
Even though the source of the popularity is majority chink.

Nier is trash

Mario's casual too. BotW is a rushed mess in comparison so I have no idea why it was chosen.

Have you been in a coma? It has 3 million concurrent players.

I must purchase PUBG™ immediately.

The guy made a mod for a mod of ArmA or something, which pretty much was Battlegrounds and was popular. He then made PUBG because of technical limitations of modding the game and totally not because of the shekels, goy.
PlayerUnknown is the username he was known as when he made the mod.