anyone around enjoys it?
inb4 Holla Forums hates on it and I'm a faggot/shill

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/1499000547474278938/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hate it you're a faggot and a shill.

That's what they call me.

That's a good post.

Isn't it a survival game where you're basically out in the woods looking for food and fending off bears? Haven't played it but it looked interesting. I doubt anyone else here has played it either though because it's not weeb bait

It's pretty _fun.
Although, there's little beyond survival in the game. Once you set yourself up it's a game about hoarding, boredom, and not much else. If food was more scarce but you could stay outside longer, it'd be better, I think. There's a real lack of incentive for fucking off once you set yourself up, and there was actually a point where I had cleared pretty much all the maps for resources and was just generally fucked. Kind of annoying, since saplings for bowyery and shit don't respawn. Everything else is farmable, for the meat and arrows and wood, since wood breaks off after a storm and as long as you've got your hands you can break shit up.

The problems you describe remind me a lot of dont starve. Once you get a setup you basically won and theres little point afterwards. I guess in don't starve they tried to mix it up by adding a ton of boss fights, but it doesn't seem nearly as fun as just trying to survive.

Aight bitches I was sleeping but I'm back to shill

I've played this game for a long as while, on its early days survival was way brutal and harder,
due to demand and to realism, they made it more reasonable to survive if you know what you're doing
in old days people would literally scavenge everything and then die by the lack of loot, now you Bear Grills that shit up
but inevitably it will get boring, since you have no objective besides surviving, the only other point is to explore find other things

this is why story mode gave the game a new breath of life on release (it was planned),
so now you follow a progression from getting crashed and fucked up, to getting your shit together and being a survivalist
you follow a goal to finding your lost partner and finding out is happening with the world, meeting a few npc's along the way
you expend a lot of time in the regions and can fool around exploring and doing side quest
one of the major positive points is that your gear will get progressively better, but you can't carry all the shit that you want
so its a question of making the best of it, and some of the consumables are easy to find,
for example you don't need the carry tons of firewood since you can reasonably find enough firewood to last the whole in some areas

still you have to fend off the environment, one of the highlights in my playthrough was traversing through the bog
the area is wide open with a train track traversing in the middle and several frozen lakes with thin ice around it,
you can go the middle but there was lots of wolfs in the way, and I decide to explore the POI nearby,
but a fog came down, making it extremely hard to orient myself, considering I had to circumvent weak ice all the time
still I ended up falling in the water and getting attacked by a wolf, in bad shape having to stop by a broken shack for the time

in the same point as the above, in don't starve you actually have a goal to accomplish,
to explore, find the artifacts and eventually leave the place

Will this fucking fad ever die? It's a genre with absolutely 0 good games.

check the date you faggot, this is was one of the first and best games on the genre

Oh wow, the creator of one of the worst genres in vidya?

i hate it too and op is a faggot shill

I never bothered with the story and thought they should have just added more challenges and did a few more things for environment interaction.

I don't need to call you a fag, you've done that yourself

I don't know why, but I always feels like getting down to undies when inside comfy places and by the fire

Stop shilling for games in a fucking awful genre.

They should've made the sandbox the full game. They could have told the story through npc's and finding clues and various stories and such around the the locations, giving even more incentive to explore. But alas they went with the horribly clunky episodic format they went with.

Any one have a link for it? Checked the share thread and couldn't find anything.

Why do people even go on Holla Forums?

Yeah, that would have made wandering around a lot more interesting than only running across the random skull, some dumb stone tower things and mostly really badly written stuff by backers or whatever.

#%QGBymapA%Xy3gQB9rdwLyLjLmRAwqOB6iJcC7PpKeY9Ep7qemWtg
Looks like the latest version. I assume you know how this works.

For the casual sodomy.

Pretty sure I do but end up fucking it up. I will figure it out though. Thank you very much.

How exciting yet another crafting survival game. Please tell me it's still in beta and I can pay for the privilege of testing the game for them.

go back

And the devs dragged their feet and did fuck all with their initial successes. I see nothing but very minor cosmetic changes after all this time. Looks like story mode is finally a thing two years after the teaser trailer came out so I'll give them a point for at least trying.

Rust and the forest are great user.

Looks like it's finally "finished" after having been in early access for 3 years. They're still adding things so early access should be considered a conveniently discarded label at this point.

whats the context of that image

Can you gimme some context on that pic?

steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/1499000547474278938/

Here you are. I didn't actually read the thread, I just skipped to the end and snipped that completely out of context post.

Thanks user.

I played this years ago. It was a great experience but the devs dragged their feet and nothing happened for years on it.

has it changed from:
?

There's a hard mode where you get almost 0 loot from scavenging, instead you'll have to use natural resources and such to survive. My biggest problem with this mode is that there's no real way to go forever, since you'll probably eventually run out of finite resources (like fire starters)

I think they added a campaign/story mode.

Doesn't help that it's being promoted as part of a humble monthly package. Shilling for Quantum Break would be a bit too obvious, since everybody already knows that game is shit.

I loved it before the leftist “story” elements, but I’m glad they’re still improving the sandbox (even if there’s no purpose to it and the goal is “you die eventually ha ha you suck”).

What’s to explain?

and who the fuck mentioned anything about humble whatever, if anything you're the shilling humble….

oh boy here we go Holla Forums
what the fuck is lefty about it?

oh well, in game you can actually stun the rabbits with rocks and broke their necks with your hand alone, so I don't get whats the deal here

I have to agree that the devs dragged forever, but to say that the game has barely changed is big fucking understatement
they are bad devs, but the game is good and at least they add what people want to the game
pic related is a single example (fishing is pretty good btw), the smaller fish has nearly double the weight and calories than the other one, small details like that

I've got ya long dark right here.

Pass.

Inferior to 7 Days to Die in every possible way.

Love the sandbox mode though I've only put about 30 hours into it so far. Story is boring as fuck and retarded.

But zombies are so fucking boring and played out these days.

Kill yourself, you fucking yid. You can’t hide your shit.

Fuck off back to reddit you goddamn faggot.

THATS RITE

How about you go back first faggot.

thoughts on clothing, I feel now that I can just wear the heavier stuff without double layering
though for the innards it may be best to keep two lighter ones
info: the windshield and protective stat only counts for the outermost layers

comfyest place on the game, wished they did all internals like that

I played a little during 2014-2016 but still haven't even checked out the story mode. I did see the video on the new update and if the video is correct the atmosphere has gotten a lot more comfier and i think i'll download it since it seems like i could enjoy the new stuff. The 32€ price tag is stupid though.

I tried it on PS4 and while its okay it would bug out in cutscenes including the opening the first time. I hit start and after two minutes of black screen was standing in the middle of a plain wreck in alaska or something.

Tried so far in and got to a point where it autosaved in a blizzard and after 5 attempts i was fucked no matter what. Wolves on every side. About to catch hypothermia. My options were freeze in my sleep in a car by the road or get eaten by wolves.
When i realised i had to do the long, slow, mandatory tutorial again i just had no drive to do so.

Tried survival mode and it was neat. Followed some tracks to a train crash and stole a dead guys pants and tools. Went up to a collapsed lookout for supplies and ran from wolves into a huge powerstation down to a frozen river and some caves. Came out at another logging camp and just quit out of boredom.

Its a nice looking game and the ideas good. Its like if firewatch was an actual videogame. But the execution is pretty dull and thats my honest opinion not the current goon hive mind thought exercise going around.

what else is new

Careful, mustards are easily triggered.

console is dead jim,
they're literary porting every shit game around, might as well just paint a PS/Xbox on a PC case

in all honesty though, how is the aiming with a controller?
I tried playing it, and the interface works pretty well, but even though there isn't that much shooting in game, the little shooting we do is very important

rottenredditor, get out

5 stars post user

I wish niggers would be more like the black gentleman

Things to add to the game

rust and seven days to die are already games user, we don't need another one of those

just a review summary for whom might interest:

game is pretty good is invokes one of the best comfy feelings in the survival genre, that being said, it has been of development for forever, even though its stated "released" it still has some ways to go
its pretty clear the dev team is small and took a way bigger bite that it could chew at the time, and it feels now that they are burned out barely able to finish the thing up, but at least they are still on it and introducing changes players do want

even though with the slow dev team, there is no doubt the game has come a huge long way, from someone who played in its early days, having bad black dogwolf, surviving being literally just click and wait, it is now much more detailed and satisfying
story mode is good, could have been better, the story is alright, npcs are a good addition but could have been more dynamic, like having them grant you part of their house, or going to sleep, stuff like that
on its default difficulty, wildlife is still very aggressive and way too plentiful for the desolate winter feeling the game deserves, with story the game gives objectives to look for, which is good, but again could be done better,
on the other hand sandbox survival is still pretty good, and with the last update you can now customize several parameters, tailoring the game to your perfect survival scenario (like for me, having still aggressive but scarce wildlife)

overall its a bretty gud/10, and don't go comparing it with the other common games of the survival trope, instead give it a shot and build your own opinion
but don't go in expecting it to be winter rust, minecraft or seven days to die, because this one game is more focused on the feeling of desolation and struggle against the environment

lmao

LMOA you didn't even start to fix it. This is one of those "have to eat and drink 10x your weight per day" games, it's never gonna be good.
keke
fuck this game

also now that I think about it, this game makes perfect sense when you roleplay an obese retarded burger.

Comfy is a buzzword that means boring and unengaging.

Even the blackest most obese nigger from the Detroit ghetto would fucking learn how to get a branch without completely exhausting themselves in less than forty-five fucking minutes.

nice blogpost
the game is still shit though

The kinds of posts that just sage and put stuff like that are so useless and boring, stop raping my eyes by forcing me to read this borderline shitposting garbage.

You fucked it up right from the beginning you fucking idiot, go back to where you came from.

thanks like and subscribe

you play as a leaf though…
I won't disagree that it is kind bullshit how they did it early in the game
however now after heavy popular demand they balanced it way better,
but if you think 45 minutes is too much for chopping wood, you obviously never done it in real life
anyway, at least now they added very customizable options to sandbox,
so you can have wood that lasts more than a lunch a don't have to eat 5 kgs of wolf each day

alright, just reached about the part where you face "the old bear" in story mode, about the same as video related
and I have to say its kinda bullshit scripted boss battle that you have to go through phases,
it begs to question that the developer is both a bad programmer and bad gamer

starting with, the bear right there outside the cabin as soon as you take the quest out, like wtf?
did he get the memo that part had just begun?
second, the encounters are super bullshit, you can hit him multiple times and still he got to me,
and by which, having the plan of making yourself as bait where as the bear ends up mauling you each time,
who the fuck though that was a good idea?
I can even understand getting by after a tumble with a wolfs, you get a few scratches but you survive, but a literal bear gnawing on your stomach?

Yep, that's an incredibly bullshit part of the story and completely breaks immersion as a bear somehow tanks more than a dozen .308's on top already being injured. To make matters worse I left my rifle in the cabin by the lake, so I ended up having to scum like crazy and run away the first time, which I manaaged by cheesing the fuck out of the bear by jumping down the cliff and fucking with its pathing.

really? I played it recently, but if what you're saying is true it must have been an older version. I don't recall any customizing, just some difficulty settings.

yeah its pretty bad, I haven't managed to make him run away yet

it was a somewhat recent update, maybe a couple of months, at least seems to be the good part of the game due to the above

What is even the fucking point of these games anymore? There are thousands of them out by now, none of them are particularly high quality and they are all about 4 years too fucking late anyway. The glut of early access crafting survival has run its course already precisely because they splurged early by releasing it as EA.

(you) and done

You still get parasites for eating cooked wolf meat? that makes cooking the meat pointless

no

It only took them fucking years to add what people were screaming for from day one.

you get them from eating too much carnivore meat, its increasing chance, I have eaten tons of wolf meat and still haven't got them
you just need to escalate with other stuff for a while

can't deny that

finally got the fucker, it wasn't as bad as I thought
shooting him is not enough, you also have to evade his charge, even then I'm pretty sure it took more than 6 shots
it was pretty satisfying though, after I've managed to evade him, had to some real tracking, despite his bonkers pathing
I was able to get a sneak shot, he didn't noticed and just ran away, and after all that, a real bounty on meat, about 20 or more kg that I dragged back via railway

Everything about the game seem comfy but all that kept me from looking into it since it was announced back then.

Is there a girl who I can snuggle with in my bunker? game devs are fags btw pirate it

only a pillow