FF7

So I want to replay FF7 is it better to emulate the PSX version or pirate the newer PC version?

Is the music ok in this PC version ( in the older version even with the right soundcard it was hit or miss), is it the original PSX music or some shitty remix?

Are graphics ok or does it look horrible like the FFIX PC version?

Not really interested in mods as most of them are made by complete faggots and Advent Children cucks (character model mod for example looks like trash and just makes characters stand out like a sore thumb on those cartoonish backgrounds,).

Is the fan translation good( the fact that they let some XXXSasuke_ValentineXXX original the character faggot anywhere near the project kinda raised some red flags for me)?

Lamenting how Squeenix is gonna rape the remake is also allowed in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/2340/
archive.is/1PMgx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ebinly

spaced

fellow

meemlord

xDD

Was Chrono is Final Fantasy 7?

How hard would it be to just emulate the original Playstation version? Might as well just do that.

whats wrong with the FFIX port? did they fuck it up somehow?

If mods aren't your bag, there's almost no reason to play the PC version. The music was only fixed in an update, so if you do go for the modern PC release, mind what version you download. Graphics look kind of ass because it's all just upscaled PSX assets, but with smooth menus and text boxes.
The easiest thing to do is emulate the PSX release. No mods, no complications, just werks, upscale if you want.

Are the load times improved with emulation?

Reminder that this shit only began recently, up until now no one typed like this. Now it happens on every fucking thread.

Their is nothing inherently wrong with FF9 PC port but it still never fixed the battle load times so the game is still ultimately garbage. Personally I suggest saving your money and playing it on Emulator with upscaled resolution.

The PC version of FF7 is capped at 30 FPS garbage but it can be "fix" with mods. So it depends on how invested you are in playing the game. Personally I suggest saving your money and playing it on Emulator with upscaled resolution.

If you want mods, use the PC version, update the music, update the models smooth textures out, add optional shit too.

Play the PS1 version of VII, if not on a CRT then in Mednafen. The PC version of IX is fine.

This goes without saying, but make sure you play the english version. This is one of the few games out there where the english version is undoubtedly superior to the japanese original. And all because they redid the animation for Sephiroth's Supernova attack.

mednafen

Are you saying they changed the menus/ui to something modern or just talking about the result of upscaling? The former would look terrible. Does any version of the game actually recognize your custom configuration for controls in minigames and such? I liked to put confirm on the square button but it's a pain to have to switch back and forth.

the english loc was made by the cuck who works now at treehouse, who also fucked up fire emblem fe with his sjw agenda. This is also the reason why squall in ff8 says so often 'whatever' because he was to lazy to translate it correctly.

there is a new re-translation out, but it is a hell to patch it. Keep this in mind when playing ff7.

Pretty sure 7 was translated by Jap interns and not any actual professional translators.

dig into gamer gate and the fire emblem happenings, you will see

meanwhile, here is the retranslation
romhacking.net/translations/2340/

Any specific things you know of that they fucked up? It's obvious that the translation is low quality and some things the game says are outright wrong (like some of the instructions Cid gives you when defusing the bomb) but I don't know if there's anything more subtle or censored.

You mean over 2 years ago when our little freddit breddit swung the gates wide open?

FF7 didn't really have noticeable load times.

Replacement models look like shit, and I don't know what textures you're referring to. The only texture on the field models is eyes. And no amount of filtering is going to save backgrounds exported for 640x480 display at 1920x1080 or above. Same issue applies to the copious FMVs.
Some people like graphical mods. For this particular game, I think they create an unbalanced appearance.

Note I haven't played the updated release from 2013 or whenever. The screenshots I saw looked like they at least replaced the font bitmaps for a sharper appearance, rather than upscaling. Pic related is off the Steam store page.

I didn't need this boner on my evening commute.

I find that emulation always has some kinda of issues, framerate, glitchy audio and etc,
I played it originally on a emulator and to this day I still think the battle start was actually glitchy like that
the only exception to that was mednafen, which I've tried recently and nearly had a shock to see that the game is not actually laggy like that

I just want to bang on Tifa's giant tits like a pair of bongo drums using my dick as the sticks, then I can die happy, is that really so much to ask ?

there was PCSX and ePSXe…. so pretty much all of them…

user even ePSXe runs FF7 flawlessly but to act like there are no other viable options in cy+++ is ludicrous.

If you look at chan archives, you'll see that people have been typing like this since the inception of this site. The thing is that text looks cluttered inside the input box so people choose to break it up. What might look like a paragraph ends up being a single line when posted. There are all sorts of ways to find reddit, but this isn't it. Also, this sort of talk manages to derail threads that are good content because autism speaks. Please kill yourself.

How can that be problem, when you can resize the reply box?

so entertain-me ebin, what else is there to use?

This is a screenshot from when I played the original PC version modded, in 2012. My fonts look sharper than that.

No, I just hate it when the thread is derailed by this, when there's nothing reddit about the post. I came here with GG, so it's whatever. Take care of your autism.

Because people are lazy. I've never resized the text box, and I was on 4chan back in '08. Seriously, let's drop this topic, because I really don't want to derail this thread, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite.

If you really didn't want there to be a reddit spacing derail you'd either post about FF7 or not at all. Fuck off permanently.

so you where from reddit

The load times are noticeable once you see how fast the battle transitions are on PC.

not sure if it was nich or ramtower who made the LOC for the psx FF's but doesn't matter. They both sucks. I guess ramtower was the one, since (image related) betafag wrote an article about the bad translation itself. archive.is/1PMgx

Yeah, now back to Kotaku In Action.

Yeah, even moot "reddit spaced" a lot. Though, given his behavior in recent years, it wouldn't entirely be incorrect to call him a redditor.

Recently Pixiv went apeshit with Milf Tifa posts.

Read the fucking wiki.

Isn't it midi on PC? It effectively is on the playstation, they just have a special soundfont.

Does it even matter here? It's a JRPG playing pre-canned very basic animations 95% in static 2D cameras.

I just got here from reddit about a week ago.

MAGA friends

I really love some of this boards traditions :DDD and im quickly becoming the best poster here

you

sure

showed

him

:

^

)

Unironically leave. You couldn't make it more obvious you're from cuckchan.

It was her characters birthday or something. They do this on birthdays of any character that starts getting old.

Make america great again and get anons like this meds for their schizophrenia. You unironically leave cuck.

ah wait this for you cuck

I dont how eveyone knows what reddit spacing is if they dont browse reddit.

Like pottery

Tifa's tits will be forever young and fuckable(shame the remake will reduce her breasts and every girl will have Lightning/Cloud face).

reddits pretty great they told me to check out this fullchan never use half chan they said.

they were right we're gonna make america great again its about ethics in video game journalism

Unless they decide not to have them appear at all.

excuse me but im a redditor k?!

hot post moar

I'm disappointed someone never commissioned a shitty mainstream smut artist to do a work on this. Sounds right up sparrow or modeseven's respective alleys.

masturbating to this right now

reddit is great you just arent using the right sub reddits if you dont like it

Not quite but it does take place in the same world as Chrono Trigger. The "BC" for time periods that take place in the distant past actually means "Before Cloud" and Jenova is really Lavos.

I know, it's stupid. I would much prefer it if FFX is really a prequel of FFVII and Kimahri Ronso was Red XIII's forty-seventh great grandfather or something while Rosemary's baby was his forty-sixth because, in my headcanon and since we don't actually ever get to see Rosemary's baby: I like to think that the baby was a half-human half-ronso hybrid who was conceived when Kimahri had to impregnate Rosemary while masquerading as Satan because he needed his own son to fix his space ship so he could return to Spira because he was surveying mako deposits on distant planets to find a suitable location for Shinra's (that little kid with the gas mask in FFX-2) dream project, Midgar.

Perhaps so, though pic related was a funny case of it not being so smart.

Just emulate the PS1 version.

Your attacks don't even connect during that exchange so the complaint never made sense. It's not like the attack even hurts you much anyway, so if anything you want it for more limit breaks.

I thought I'd give it the PC version a chance but after reading through the thread I think I'll emulate or just play it on a PS2 if I get a CRT soon.

looking for anything in particular as far as CRTs go?

Just emulate it on epsxe FFS. Any old craptop can get max upscaling settings with zero loss in speed or framerates. The PC version is only a mediocre port and the fanmods are fucking cancer.

How do people keep making this mistake? It shouldn't be this hard.

I'll most likely get a Sony Trinitron somewhere in the range of 21"-25" for cheap.

can't go wrong, but I'd advise you not to turn up on other brands like JVC. JVC made some really great consumer stuff and usually had the options you'd want like component, s-video, and numerous composite inputs. Silver trinitrons are easy too. I'd suggest craigslist, facebook market, and the let go app and check locally, you'll probably find some easy scores for cheap/free.

You can queue them. The complaint is justified.

Check dumpsters for people throwing out CRTs, happens all the time. They're always beside the dumpster and never inside it.

There are a lot of offers for CRTs in my area that range from free-15$. Transporting it and getting a stand that will fit it and my old consoles will be the most expensive part.

I like those "Better Homes" brand 4-cube organizers from wal-mart. Manages to hold my saturn, ps2, wii, and 90lb CRT on it pretty well. It's made out of particle board but held it together pretty well. Stylish and minimalist too.

the pc version has several things like retranslation and graphic mods if you want that sort of thing.

Fuck. Thank goodness I still have another back up but I really liked that one.

This is what the game looks like heavily modded on PC.

PC version has fucky soundtracks but you can fix it. I still suggest the original hardware though because it just feels right (that and the game looks much better with scanlines).

Yeah, could have installed SFX and music. But didn't.

FF7 modding community is pure cancer.

it really does help.

Just saying but emulators (and PC shader mods) do have scanline filters.

it's really not the same

That's interesting, I had no idea the PC version had a scanline shader mod.

It's especially noticeable with the FMV to gameplay transitions; many are meant to be seamless transitions but if you're not playing on a CRT there's a small but jarring jitter.

Off you fuck

yeah, it really brings out the jpg compression artifacting in the fmvs. CRTs blur it just enough for it to be passable.

I have typed similar to this for around 7 years. To identify reddit just keep an eye out for certain lingo

does the filter look any better on a 4k monitor?

I'm sorry, this was my fault. I should have ignored it.

Sure shows that you've never played it. It's press O to attack.

Reminder that you are literally retarded and will believe anything I tell you and will never actually fact check a single thing.

No go suck a dick you fucking puppet.

Neither, new "PC version" has DRM. Pirate the old PC version and enjoy your comfy mods.

Anyone else, when first playing the game, thought Marlene was the daughter of Barrett and Tifa?

I thought they were sisters.

Vid explains my preference for english.
The Supernova in the japanese original isn't as great as this.

Nah

Are you so retarded that you can't read a block of text without it being broken up into easily digested chunks? Are you that fucking stupid that sentences must be fed to you one at a time, or else your brain will be overwhelmed? Go the fuck back.

You mean shadman?

Looks like Royale+Svideo, tbh.

What's wrong with you?

Looks like a poor imitation

Shadman doesn't do commissions.

That's the one giant dick, though. Tifa should have at least two dicks but three is the magic number which slap against user's tits until they're blue and lactating

Finally someone who gets that turning on the color slider on the tv remote doesnt make the graphics better

So you tried like 10 years ago?

Small tits are morally wrong, user.

Stop

Coming

Here

Go

Home

Sometimes Reddit spacing happens naturally. Maybe the formatting dictates it; if you're giving two spaces, you're separating paragraphs with different ideas or themes, or trying to give extra emphasis to something.

But OP is not. His formatting is trash, he should be ridiculed, and sent back from whence he came.

Threads that open like this should be deleted.

Who's the third girl supposed to be? It's clearly not Yuffie, the hair is completely different.

It's called double-spacing MLA style. You damn dirty apes.

It's a rule of typography: use a double line between paragraphs, or indent each paragraph. One or the other, never both at once.

>>>/freech/

No matter, let's sperg out and derail the thread anyway.

>>>/reddit/

not really.

I know, it sucks that you've got a low-tier TV that's worse than a shitty shader at 1080p, and can't even figure out how to take pictures without shitting up your image with moire patterns.

not my photos, but it's really obvious they aren't similar.
not visible if you're viewing the photos at their full resolution, inherent to the arrangement of detail in the image when scaled (and pretty much all CRT) but you just aren't particularly bright and just like to talk about things with no real knowledge of them.

Open them in a new window and maximize them. If you can't see the moire patterns clear as day, to the left of cloud in the first image, and to the right of cloud in the second, I think you seriously need glasses. You sure are one smug kid for someone who doesn't know their ass from their elbow. Sorry you fell for the CRT meme, lad.

I see what you mean in the first photo (likely scaling artifacts), but these things are not visible in person. You should know this if you grew up with these things, but I remember people born in the late 90s have been posting here for some time.

Hey, still looks better than emulation. Sorry you're too poor or live in a box and can't afford a real setup, have to have everything consolidated to a single $400 budget "console killer" PC.

nice turbo tits.

I wasn't saying they were visible in person you sperg. Re-read my post again. The rest of your post is just autistic rambling.