Wizardz.io

I made a thread about this 2 days ago but everyone was complaining that the game freezes.

Hopefully I've fixed it now so maybe people can actually play it and tell me what they think.

The game is wizardz.io

It's an online chess type game with different creatures.

Any feedback/comments/suggestions about the game?

Why should I play your game?

Because I spent a month coding it and it takes 5 minutes to play?

can i be the little girl?

I predict not.

Sounds like you’re shit at code.

A chat option would be sick, a tutorial would be helpful aswell, other than that, seems like a neat little game. good job user, im proud of you

oh yeah, and a player timer to prevent stalling

so you think you're special and you deserve to have people play your game?

Here's the deal, send me 5 dollars on paypal and then I'll play your game for exactly 30 minutes.

That's 10 dollars an hour for playtesting.

Good game.

Im going to play it twice now just to spite you

Criticisms:
the guide doesn't explain ghosts properly, I have no idea what their attack range is or how they move through enemies without attacking them
timer isn't shown
no chat feature that lets me call the opponent an faggot

Seriously, why do modern game developers not include chat in their online games? It's such a humongous missed opportunity. I suspect not being able to call my opponent an faggot is the only reason I can't get into games like Gwent

I wish some of my employees were this fucking stupid.

I'd kill myself if I worked for someone on Holla Forums. What a nightmare.

user why don't you go off to the gamedev thread? You'd probably get more attention rather than the shitshow you're putting on.

Genius.

and now it refuses to let me or my opponent make any moves

Nigga come on.

Is OP dare I say it /ourguy/?

lol, do you even ssl?

You have to attack them first.

Put it in the fucking guide then you plum.

how do I acquire penis gold?

he's getting plenty of attention here tbh.

Okay so overall it's a neat little game, I take it you're going to be designing it with tablets and phones in mind?

The following posts are good:

I just beat up some fuccboi so I guess it's alright.

this

Alright nigga, I'm going to waste ten minutes writing this feedback up.

1) Make it much more obvious who's turn it is and show the remaining time for their turn. Don't use the fucking log for this. Highlight one of the player's boxes and add a proper timer display. Add a countdown until game over too, since you mention games time out at 10 minutes.

2) In general you're showing fuck all information in the UI. Add costs under monsters. Show how many out of the maximum you have summoned. Highlight when the player earns gold for a move or a kill.

3) Show the grid.

4) When you select a monster you should be able to see it's movement range and highlight enemy monsters it can attack.

5) Succubus is worthless while Demon is stupid strong.

6) Show tiles you can summon to when you click on a monster icon.

7) Add a health display for towers, since they seem to require multiple hits. (But I had a demon one shot a tower in one game?)

8) If you're going to have different damage types then put that information somewhere in game. Is a succubus attack physical? Is a slugg's explosion physical? These shouldn't be trial and error questions. In short: if you're going to have these types of mechanics you need tool tips or something so people can see the information in game. And run with it more. Make sluggs immune to magic or something, so you can threaten sorceresses dead zones, things like that.

10) You mentioned last thread it was meant to feel like chess but right now, against an opponent that knows how to play, you're just setting up a no man's land until you can get demons out. The game would benefit from having secondary objectives, like tiles you can capture for an income bonus or are required to summon certain monster types or increase a monster cap limit or whatever else you can dream up.

11) Fix the blurry text and images.

12) Add a chat so we can have some banter.

>12) Add a chat so we can have some banter.

I told him half this shit in the first thread