Meme resolutions like this are going to be the downfall of gaming...

Meme resolutions like this are going to be the downfall of gaming. There is absolutely no need for anything beyond 1080p with current technology.

I think we've got bigger problems than stupid resolutions user.

.t poorfag

Found the user who bought the overpriced graphics card.

1440p is absolutelly perfect and so was 16:10. That's the best combo.

What the shit?

HD is a meme tbh. 480p 60 fps is the most that gaming needs.

Water is wet.

fortunately, PC fads and gimmicks never really dictated long term adoption and trends. 4K will become the standard in 5 years, but for now its nice to see 10-bit finally going mainstream. I've been using 10-bit color depth for a very long time and having HDR be the mainstream adaptation of it is great. One of the biggest issues with any sort of content is the color depth, compression or signal type. HDR is a big step over this, and is going to be more beneficial than the jump from 480i to 1080p for consumer television.

There's problems with it but all it is is more pixels on a screen. This is autism

Make up your mind, Holla Forums, for fuck's sake.

1440p is a god-tier resolution but I agree, 4k is a meme. I really like 1440p for not only browsing/multi-tasking but also gaming and movies. I can actually read shit on my screen and also watch media at a great quality and resolution. 1080p is of course great as well if you can't afford 1440.

There was never a need for anything beyond 4:3. Widescreen was and still is an example of planned obsolescence–a needless change in format to part the gullible with their money.

No, Holla Forums is one person, and you know it.

5:4 was and always will be the best aspect ratio

wew lad

My screen is real crowded at 1080p. How does it feel doing random shit on a higher resolution monitor? Could I just get a bigger 1080p monitor and zoom out?

4:3 and 5:4 should be able to coexist with 16:10, but 16:9 and any of its bastard children need to be fucking lynched. 4:3 and 5:4 are the ideal resolutions for gaming, as creating content for the periphery is of no benefit to playing video games.

Oh don't worry 32:10 and 8k monitors are right around the corner and there will still be retard who buy them and complain when it doesn't work well and the panels are predictably shit.

i'd buy 1:1 if i could find it, fortunately there are still good 5:4 monitors being produced.

Are you a cyclops?

Amazing.

The worst part is marketers decided to start referring to resolutions by the first number and not the second.

user that pics shows w10, it's obviously a bait.

It gets harder to tell. I don't know if the baiters are getting better or if the retards are becoming more abundant.

Ya 4k is a really difficult resolution to achieve decent frame rates so it really doesn't make sense to get one currently only for vidya when even a top of the line rig can barely achieve 60 fps. 1440p seems to be a decent sweet spot for vidya right now. The only reason to get a 21:9 monitor is if you are a content creator because of the increased screen space, I have a buddy who just got one of those for gaming and half of the games he tries do not work in that resolution or they have various graphical glitches. But you can't stop idiots with too much money that buy PS4 Pros for 4k even though it's just upscaled 1080p at horrible framerates and buying 4k TV's even though most of the "4K Movies" out there are just fake 4K that's just upscaled resolutions.

4K is a great resolution and removes the need for most Anti Aliasing, its till howeer too performance heavy.
Even 20 year old games look great with it and if standartized even low res assets will look good so graphicsfagging will no longer be an excuse but will still be standart for AAA garbage and normalfags of course

Posts and threads like these really reminds me of the consolefaggots at the beginning of this gen saying 1080p and 60fps doesn't matter, the difference is night and day just like 720p is from 1080p.

The first thing I noticed about that image was the lack of grass blades in the CEMU pic. The minor texture differences are fuck-all compared to that.

Probably the latter.

Old Cemu build, theres grass now
Who gives a fuck about that texture
Look at that blurry fucking mess on the left.

You are the same kind of faggot who doesn't give a hoot about optimization because "lel like just buy 2 GTX 1080 poorfag" aren't you?

the CEMU pic looks way better than the other two despite the fact it's missing grass

I have a little Samsung LCD TV that I was going to use as a secondary monitor for menial tasks but it has a resolution of 1440X900, and although I have tried a billion times to create a custom resolution for it in the GOYvidia settings it still comes up on the TV screen as "Incorrect input resolution".

Funnily enough, it does work when you select 720P as the digital video output, but cuts off part of the screen edges.

Is 1440X900 considered a Meme resolution?

Who gives a shit about graphics?
I just want my resolution and performance goddamnit.

Except it doesn't

4k is a good upper limit for PC gaymen as it eliminates the need for anti-aliasing, if that same pixel count is placed in a different aspect ratio I would need to try it before forming an opinion.
Personally I'm glad I shifted from 1080p @ 60hz to 1440p @ 144hz, the difference is clear.

What the fuck is even a meme resolution?
Stop using "Meme" for anytjing you dislike you goddamned memespouting redditors.

And hat first screen better have an 16:10 ratio as well nigger, else you're going to have to jump through some hops to get those mixed displays fixed.

Did anyone else see goatse?

the should be aiming for faster refresh rates because it actually makes it easier to aim in FPSs.

21:9 will always be a mistake
4k is too many pickles for current hardware
1080p is for poorfags who haven't upgraded since 2007
1440p is a pretty good compromise as a single 1080 Ti (SLI is a mistake) can keep it in the 120+fps range for everything today.

Don't be poor. PCs have never been cheaper.

Yeah, it is 16:10, but it's a tiny display.

The “problem” is entirely in your mind, OP. There’s no link between the advances in display technology and the production of content to fully power those displays, nor is there any reason to think that content is any worse or less worthy because it isn’t native 4K on a 4K screen.

It’s just an upgrade in display tech that packs 4x the resolution and allows for a much wide and brighter color gamut. It doesn’t downgrade or make any content look worse on it because it isn’t FULL 4K HDR. Games like Mario Odyssey look just as impressive on a 4K screen as anywhere else.

It’s not like people are adopting these displays because they are CRAVING that native 4K HDR content and won’t accept any substitutes, because there’s barely any of that content out there. Yet, people are buying these displays at a rapid rate. People are getting these because they’re a straight upgrade with every kind of content they already use, with the addition of being able to look fantastic when using certain equipment that enables HDR.

Don’t get it in you head that everything you like is somehow worse that it was before 4K. That’s not the case at all.

t. user that’s totally fine with 720p

1080p 144 hz > anything higher at 60 hz

naturally

800x600 and 1024x768 were always enough for me.

Lol no, 4kfags are always bitching about shit not working in meme resolution and consoles and graphics cards failing to deliver. Fools and their money are soon parted.

what the fuck does this even mean

It means hes from cuckchan

Checking watch

Eat shit, faggot. 2560x1440 is my workspace.

middle resolution makes me think of goatsel

What did he mean by this?

4K is worthless unless you're into modern TV shows