Why aren't there more games with customizable mecha girls

You'd think that'd be an easy sell,
Maybe devs think it'd be too weird to control an anime girl with a traditional mecha control scheme or something.

There was a game called Spider or something like that for the PS1. Basic platformer garbage but it had the ability to swap parts of your legs for weapons. Metabots also comes to mind. Would be neat to have something like that for a of futuristic armour.

I wouldn't mind a moe Front Mission. Then again, the brutal Front Mission setting also contributes to why it's good. Just don't have it tied to gacha or have the depth of Kantai Collection. Shit actually needs some depth and lots of customization to make it work.

Because
1 - western hates it
2 - japan already has PSO2 - the god of robot girl
3 - fuck you

dubs thread? dubs thread.

Cosmic Break has Gatcha and it was pretty ok in the beginning
I don't know how it's been recently.

I miss Cosmic Break 2

That used to be fun in beta, before all the microtransaction shit.

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Anime is a disease and also a mistake

Fuck off goon. Cute girls are the future. Why contain it?

Fuck off with this weebshit, give me muscle girls

Kill yourself, weebcuck.

Not even going to look at the rest of the image. 0/10

Your taste is fucking disgusting and so are you.

Nice bait

looks like its time to kill you're self fag.

Can anyone recommend me any games that let you play as a mecha girl to begin with?

You tell me, OP.

let me fix your pic, user-kun.

Stop giving muscle girls a bad reputation here, faggot.

Polite sage for off topic shit.

Let me fix your pic.

There is a sequel to it, but it's jap onry.

FTFY

they tried it on english too, for a while, but it went to shit

Any good?

Hold on, it's perfect now.

Cosmic Break went to shit quick. Early on it was a fun Mecha game with a few anime girls and simple Gacha. Now 90% of the robots are anime girls and there are like 15 different cash gachas, i think the free gacha was either removed or is so shit its not even worth the time.

if i remember right, they just started shutting down servers shortly after release for no apparent reason until only the jap servers were left. Low population maybe? which is to be expected considering the game had ZERO advertisement beyond the official site of the previous game.

And? Better than them being rare, and having to settle with boring robots unless you pay money.

Wait, wait, almost

Maybe it's a anime girl inside a mech suit that looks like a CGI woman and she reached one of her hands out of the suit while in that position.

Before, normal robots WERE viable. Now ONLY anime girls are worth shit because they are all OP as shit, there is a huge gap in power between anime girls and normal robots so its you are just wasting your time without using them.
Also, the main selling point of the game was customization. You could change body parts, weapons, and even edit the model for head parts and textures of your entire robot.
Anime girls? Most of them have many restrictions as to which parts you can change but a great majority of them only lets you change 1 of their weapons, and there are many that wont let you change anything beyond adding glasses or hats on them. They ditched everything to go entirely after the weeb audience, and then people just stopped playing so they tried to make up for it by getting more and more agressive with the gacha until it became just disgusting.

Shit got so bad that the leaders of the 3 factions were turned into humans for no reason.

I remember in beta pretty much the only anime girl was Ouka, and everyone wanted her. I don't see how having more anime girls to choose from is a bad thing.

They wanted her because she was a rarity. When the game adds new anime girls every week and maybe one new set of robot parts a year, guess what stops being special.
Specially since a lot of them are just the same character but a "different" version aka just copy paste their head on the same bikini model with a different colored swimsuit.

Yeah both cosmic breaks are shit.
That's why PSO2 is god. It has shitloads of everything - regular anime girls, mecha anime girls, and huma-sized gendums parts.

WAIT THE JAP SEVERS ARE STILL AROUND.

Wow that actually really pisses me off.
It's probably the anime girls, but I got a lot of fun out of CB2. Now I guess I hope in vain for someone to set up a unofficial server or something.

This is typical of most gacha games: The easiest to get and most common characters are always plain, weak, and absolutely do not measure up no matter what you do. Even if there's an upgrade system where you could turn a 1 star peon into a 5 star warrior, it will always be inherently weaker to the more rare, less likely to drop special cute animu girl character, which exists as the carrot on a stick to get you to keep playing and eventually to drop money into the game to increase your chances.

yeah, i loved the tiny ones, like the crab, the turtle or the hedgehog.
But in the end only grills or Not-Gundams were OP

Because it's a shit fetish.

CB2 seemed like a step up from the previous game and a fresh start, adding destructible enviroments. They just started isolating themselves, almost is if they didnt want people to play. A real shame. I was very surprised and confused because i played it for a while and then stopped for some reason, and 2 months later i checked it out and found out that so many servers had been closed entirely and ip restrictions had been added to prevent people with high ping from playing on other servers. Bizarre considering its not a game that has a lot of lag even with high ping and it handles connection so well.

Thats the thing that hurts the most. When the game came out it was advertised entirely as a mecha game with really good customization. It was always amazing seeing what kind of things people made by retexturing their robots and using the right body parts. Digimons, gundams, pokemons, medabots, etc. It was perfectly balanced too, animu girl were never OP back then, just cooler because they had more voice clips. Then it just went downhill hard and changed its focus entirely and pushing those that played for the mechas away.
I remember walking through the common area back then and it was always full of many cool creative designs and so much variety. Last year i got nostalgic and wanted to check it out, it was all anime girls that looked more or less the same beyond color palettes all over. No more Prinnies holding animu signs and recreations of other characters

Figures, the only thing those claw machine prizes of a suit can do is turn on manchildren. These children have no protection on the chest, legs, and head yet this is some how suitable for combat situations. Half the crap looks like it would break as soon as it was dropped on the floor like a bargain big action figure.

Anime is garbage

Mech suits are garbage

Your opinion is garbage

And filtered.

What about ZAKUs?

Don't feed the troll.
He's probably pirhanna's employee too.

Only in your dreams would nobody dare detest oriental girl suit circlejerks you subhuman trash.

The shield and Ammunition just clipped onto it throws it off, they have presumably incredible depth within their bodies yet they dont choose to use it to store ammo. First pic i can respect due to low tide battle, i like water fights.

I always found it retarded that the game advertized as a robot girls game and when you got into the game you only had one robot girl and the rest of normal units were gundam knock-offs.
Nothing against pure mechas, in fact I think they're even cooler, but the game should only have one or the other.

I really hate Mechwarrior designs. Half of them have huge glass cockpits and at least 90% of their arms don't look like they're articulated at all, like they're just bolted onto the sides. The designs are all over the place and you can really tell that it came from a tabletop game where they had to have a bunch of different artists shit out a new mech every once in a while to get more sales. Like you have ones that look normal with their cockpit and legs with hardpoints for weapons, then you have the ones that kind of look like people, ones that have a whole gun with a magazine for no reason, then there's godzilla and shit.

Controls were shit though and second game never came out in English.

I dislike lame and gay people who call anything that's not filled with ugliness, murder and gore "weebshit". Yet they fap to stuff like fire emblem/Dark souls for some reason. Normalfags are just so boring.

That's not low tide though, That's a canyon with a river running through it. the second pic is from a AU Gundam called SEED Destiny. SEED is a shit series and the ZAKUs are bastardized version of the Zaku II from First Gundam

The main reason there is such large variation in what units look like is indeed due to lots of designs being licensed from different artists.
Unfortunately some of the designs they licensed that were shared with macross got them in deep shit for many years due to some other company (who also only licensed them) alleging they own the copyright for those designs.

There is also shit like this abomination, which breaks a lot of the "Rules" of the battletech universe
The primary loadout has a fucking handheld PPC it can discard if it needs to use both hands, and other variants of it just have weapons mounted on the hands.
There are a large number of people who have contributed to the universe, and especially early on, everyone had their own ideas about how things should look/work.

way to ruin the Combat Armors from Dougram americans.

But Fire Emblem is weeb as fuck, user.

I don't think I've ever become disappointed so quickly after hearing about a game as I have just now.

This is why people bully you.

what a fucking shame

Because moeshit is cancer and Frame Arm Girls are garbage

It's a beam rifle, you dumbfuck, and why would you store ammo in your body where it could blow up?

Why would you stoer ANY ammo inside your body where it could blow up?
Western mechs everyone.