Vidya Music Thread

Post your favorite tracks, post remixes, post licensed music from vidya. Post music.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=wxFWgilSyAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Undertale

I don't know why everyone hates on the sonic CD US boss music. It's good and really atmospheric.

Sounds like shit to me.

Today i found out that metal sonics theme in forces was a remix of stardust speedway bad future US instead of eur/jp and thought that was cool

Sega uploaded Metal Sonic's theme to Youtube months ago, user.

Yeah, that's actually cool as hell.

I quite like the Rainbow Road themes from the Mario Kart series, this one in particular.

Let me elevate that for you…

Can't find this song on YouTube for some reason, which is bullshit because this track is one of the only good ones in this game.

Good shit user.

My nigger.

It's too ominous plus nothing will beat those Bootsy Collins samples

Plus there are better US songs anyway

Some games see tracks blocked from jewtube at seemingly random. For example, this one also suffers from being blocked there while the rest of the OST is apparently just fine to have up there

Here's another tune that takes advantage of the sampling channel. Tel is really good with the SID.
I wonder if he browses here…

I don't know if this goes with everything, but it's a kickass tune anyway

Ah love that one. Can't really think of any character themes in that game I don't like.

I'll say

I've provided pretty pictures to help set the mood

I think the broken english lyrics are really perfect

8chanmania-user, I know you are here, show your jabroni candy-ass right the fuck now

2000AD used to be great, but now the old guard can barely keep it together

Already posted with oscilloscope view.

Ah, I didn't see it in the thread so I just assumed it hadn't been posted.

Savage had a great soundtrack on just about every platform in its day.

X7 had redeeming qualities.

I lied. It had only one. This was it.

Good taste.

And I guess pretty much every song from Thunder Force IV

Sega during the 80s and 90s were unstoppable with their music, especially with their OutRun games.

Ninjas?
Dragons.

AM2 in particular were god tier at their compositions

Possible small spoiler for Xenoblade 2 if you're /m/ savvy.

Wrong link.

Bad idea for a lot of reasons. This is nice, but it could just as easily have been Puddle of Mudd or worse.

this is nice

I can play this one on the piano, which took me a few months. God damn good music.

what the fuck?

Post remixes you say?

Right down to its name, this game really stimulates one's imagination.

Nani?

I'm guessing it's some old DICE mod tool?

Thanks, mate! Here's the only festive one I can remember at the top of my head.

Theres barely anything outside the same Xmas carols bullshit which is a shame.

Its also shamefuk that I somehow missed this thread on the catalog.

Get on my level.

Fuck man, I thought I was the only person who even knew this guy's work existed. Shame he doesn't really upload much.

As good as this one:
hooktube.com/watch?v=wxFWgilSyAE

Quake 2 has a great soundtrack

TWEWY probably has to have one of the best video game soundtracks I've ever heard. It's hard to pick just one song.

52:28 is my shit

This compilation mix is a mix between vidya and animu songs. Mad props to the pianist who managed to pull this off.

I fucking love this song

Where are my LISA: The Painful niggas at?

This is my favorite from LISA, make sure to wear headphones when you listen.

You're a man of taste I see.

You can't ever talk about LISA's OST without talking about some motherfucking Summer Love.

this is awesome what the fuck

This track is from a canceled fan game.

I'd easily put this in my top 50 favorite songs of all time.

Which one? The video mentions three cancelled? fangames.

;_;

Undertale is mediocre, but a lot of the music is pretty damn good

is it wrong that I liked the pacifist route but I thought the genocide route was a 2edgy5me shitfest

Nah. The genocide route is supposed to feel like that and the game lampshades pretty much all "choice" based RPGs in general.

No, because the pacifist route is the actual planned game with the most content. The neutral route is just the pacifist route minus things. The genocide route is absolutely nothing but bland grinding and edge. There's some stuff to be enjoyed with the genocide route, but for the most part, it's really fucking boring.
I know that's the point, and it's not "supposed to be fun", but it's still stupid, and not worth doing unless you've really got time to burn.

I'm not a big fan of the "It's supposed to be shit!" argument. I get it, the combat is grindy and boring, much like in some of those jrpgs. It's still grindy and boring.

The story of the genocide route was just a edgy and only deep to people who think anime is deep and teenagers, which is the reason why it was so popular with tumblr I guess.

I also think LISA did the whole "feel like shit" theme much, much better. In LISA you are being a piece of fucking shit but not because of an awful meta story where a skeleton tells you it's just a video game.

I never said it was deep, just a lampshade and helps fill in a few cracks to the overall story.

On another note, The Desolate Hope has a bitching soundtrack.

Good taste.

thankya

WELL HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

Brad didn't truly deserve his fate. Sure, he was a shitty junkie, and an alcoholic piece of shit, but he never wanted to hurt anyone. He was just kind of forced into a world of shit beyond his control. He wanted to make up for his inaction during childhood, not trying to save himself and Lisa from Marty, only to make things bad for Buddy. Undertale is a faggotty "moral choice" thing going on, but LIS teaches you that you never really had any choice to begin with.

Thank you so much

I meant Lisa god damn it. Polite off-topic sage.

The NES Ninja Gaiden games had some of the best music.

Some great cinematics for the time as well. Really one of the best git gud franchises out there as they really did a good job at feeling like a reward for beating.

Nostalgia feels good. Speaking of which…