Collector/Buyfag Thread

It's time again niggers, what have you picked up since the last thread and want to show off? What are considering getting yourself this holiday season? You are playing the things you collect, right?

What are you

Have you bought anything for the express purpose of dumping the ROM/ISO/etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/community/Lando
gamefaqs.com/community/Kayama
theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/ar-tonelico---melody-of-elemia-usa-undub-video-fix/
ebay.com/itm/171031347951/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got some new toys.

Might have been better to wait until 404s, but that's become more of a discussion of general good finds over time and debate over whether OP is lying on the internet or not.

Slowly but surely working through them. Don't want to just rush through games I've been interested in playing simply to get through them, which I don't think does right by the game.

Picked up Master of the Monster Lair and Gravity Rush PS4 while out of town recently (the latter a family member decided to fund as a birthday present), and with birthday money picked up Devil May Cry 4 ($8 complete; they had copies in far worse condition on the main shelf, so I don't quite get why this one was the one that got put in the clearance bin), Metal Gear Rising ($9 complete), Dragon Warrior VII ($35 complete; previous owner apparently took really good care of his games, because this looks practically new), and the complete series of Heat Guy J for $12 (not vidya) thus far. Friend also gave me a $50 Amazon card and the first volume of Trigun. Currently waiting on a complete set of GXS in the mail, but that's also not vidya (aside from being in SRWJ). Also going to buy a 320gb HDD for said friend's PS3 for Christmas so he can have more than 60gb of games on his system at once.

The recent PS3 exploit was also a nice gift to come back home and discover, since I can now play Tales of Vesperia and Berseria on it in English (and uncensored too, in the case of the latter) on mine.

Nothing, but I need to figure out what's wrong with my current DS flashcart. Shit stopped working while I was out of town. It's kind of a shitty cart anyhow, so maybe I ought to just replace it instead.
Samurai Western, but apparently nowhere local has it and the one place that did get it recently saw it come in and leave while I was still out of town. Also some replacement 7mm two disc DVD cases as the prongs in HGJ's cases are sadly fucked. Found a site stocking them cheap, to the point shipping is liable to be much more expensive than the cases themselves.

Oh, and I might as well ask while I'm at it: Is Nano Breaker for the PS2 any good? Seen a number of really cheap copies around lately and it's piqued my interest.

There's a hardcover of that trigun volume you know. Barns & nobel exclusive.

Some day this person is going to wake up and realize the fuck up they made, and I hope they will do the right thing and kill themselves because of it. It won't be today, it won't be tomorrow, but it will be some day.

Yeah, well, a friend specifically picked up this one so I can see if it's a series I'd like to get more of, rather than having bought it myself. If so, I might look into that down the line. Still need to figure out how many volumes there actually were first though, as to whether or not that's going to be something worth picking the whole thing up for in the end. It does seem to have twelve chapters over 300+ pages in there, so that doesn't seem too bad for a single volume.

I wouldn't be so sure they will.

Whoops, still had do not bump on.

Didn't notice that thread, my mistake.
Still meaning to do that, but been fixing up shit instead in the meantime. Need to throw baking soda/IPA over 1.0 Xbox eventually, fucking batteries.

But user, they made a shit tier PC in a cool case, they're pretty happy with themselves. That entire fucking thread was a spectacle.

Make sure you run minverchk before hand and confirm that your PS3 is even compatible.

It's a Slim I've had for years that I originally got for shitposting on PS Home. It's good. Shame about the PS2 compat though, and PS1 apparently isn't that good either.

just gonna repost since I frequently contribute to these threads:

managed to pick up a copy of the art of Moebius for 62 dollars. Moebius was a famous comic book artist who worked on films like the empire strikes back, alien, and most importantly was the main inspiration for the artwork behind panzer dragoon and even painted the iconic japanese cover.

His artwork is fantastic and the price of the book is extraordinary, you can usually get copies on ebay for about 200-350, and on amazon for 250-400. Mine is a little worn but little in the way of a crease or smoothed edge, everything inside is perfect and it was a pleasant read.

also if anyone is interested in RGB pro monitors I do have a few more I'm looking to get out there.

Might want to double check the sticker on the bottom for the production date anyhow (2011 is where it gets spotty), along with the model number on the back. Minverchk is still the most accurate way to know, and running it won't harm your system from what I know. Regardless, if it is a system that is going to work, just be sure to keep it on 4.82 until you get around to exploiting it.

With BWC fats (like the one at my dad's I set up with CFW a while back), mounting PS2 games works fine due to the internal PS2 chip. I actually haven't looked much into what the slim's options are; as they don't have the chip, I'd expect whatever options there might be would be software based, and homebrew at that (as only the 80gb had emulation-based BWC, and only partial, buggy compatibility at that). Brewology lists a few PS2 related applications, namely PS2 Classics Manager (apparently converts PS2 games to PS2 Classic encrypted format), PS2 ISO Launcher (claims to work on slims). That said, I'm not sure how useful either are, and with the Thanksgiving exploit still having been so recent, even if those work on the former models CFW was restricted to, whether they work with the new generation of CFWable systems might not have been explored just yet.

it just uses the official Sony emulator which is very good. Some games have issues but you're generally gonna be getting a better than pcsx2 experience there. Personally I'll just stick with the old fat PS2.

Yeah, I don't really need to worry much since I do have a PS2 where I am, and a fat set up with loaders for games too expensive/out of region at that, but knowing what the options are is useful, and having a fat CFW PS3 at my dad's place is nice when I go there to visit since I won't need to bring any discs.

I'd hope that ability to mount PS1 games is generally fine on the slims though, given all PS3s had PS1 disc compatibility even after the PS2 compatibility was phased out.

I'm fucking jealous user. I've been wanting some physical artbooks for a while now and Moebius was high on the list. That being said a few other books that I've had my eye on were American McGee's Alice, Grimoire Nier, and Ace Combat. Are there any other recommendations from anons who've enjoyed their artbooks?

Most artbooks I've had have just been ones that came with various games, as opposed to official releases. Beyond those (and a copy of the Tales of Symphonia artbook I found cheap a store here), I mainly just have a folder of artbook scans others have uploaded. Unfortunately, while some Japanese ones do see the occasional English release, those can be a lot harder to find scans for than the Japanese original (Breath of Fire and Okami English artbooks, for instance), and translation quality can be iffy if whoever it's been sent to for the English version is unfamiliar with the terminology and names in the English versions.

Speaking of artbooks, you want a bizarre case of one, look into Valkyrie Profile 3, where for some reason the artbook got an official English release but the game itself was left overseas.

Meant Valkyria Chronicles 3. Not sure how I screwed that one up.

I bought off ebay a SNES mini pre-hacked with a total of 205 games in it. I know you could do the same with a PC and emulator, but we have a few spots in the town were we meet to smoke weed and play vidya, (mostly FIFA, which I hate) so now I'll be able to show some real vidya to my normalfag friends

Tried asking in a thread before and didn't see an answer, but if you can hack an SNES mini, can you put roms on their regardless of region or patching status, or is doing so locked to games coded for the region the mini was made for?

According to the Hackchi2 toolkit, roms are recommended to be from the same region to avoid problems with the 50 to 60 Hz difference.

Cobra cfw notmally allow you to use ps2 emulation with backup managers like multiman

I see how that could be a problem, and I know that at least a few popular games with PAL English releases but no NA ones, like Terranigma, have refresh rate patches.

Cobra comes with Rebug, right?

Yes

Ron bon i can forgive.
Megaman Legends 2 i can forgive.
Put for suikoden i would have killed.

How good is Cobra-based emulation compared to the actual chip based backwards compatibility of the 20/60GB fats?

I sometimes visit the local dump shop, usually you'll get a few controllers if you're lucky and some generic ps2/wii games but I manged to find falcon 3.0 in the box complete which was a shock. Picked it up for $3.00.

I must say I am not a retro guy, but I must say after watching this guy using Arcade Stick as pretty much full arcade cabinet I kinda want to build one myself.
Build and not get one because I am also thinking about getting just an arcade stick and using Raspberry for emulation. Other option being buying Arcade Stick with Arcade on board and Nintendo Mini series. I am 100% sure Nintendo will eventually produce enough of them for it to get to 60$ prize tag, so it all boils down to how much worse Raspberry emulators are.

the VGA out for a 4:3 CRT is really appealing. I'm not into emulation but for arcades there's not exactly a load of options for original hardware.

Ye've exceedingly refined taste, sir.

Techmoan is great. I was considering building an arcade stick for use with compatible classic computers, such as the C64, Atari 8 bit systems, and the like. It's absurdly simple in terms of design, but I don't have a workbench or the tools necessary for making a proper enclosure. If I'm going to make an enclosure, it has to be nice, and not some foot-tall piece of shit full of right angles and sharp edges.

On the side, I've been dicking around with softmodding systems (won't do my PS3 just yet, may buy another for that purpose), and trying to repair and/or refurbish old computers, but work is killing my drive to do anything but literally sit in the dark in silence, waiting until I'm able to sleep again.

Also I slapped together this collage of crap because I bought this abomination when Redbox was selling it for $5. Gave up on getting the exact right font for the ESRB bullshit, and didn't care to find the right UPC code, copyright text, or icons for features and whatnot. Also the front M rating was removed because it blocked up the art.

Have this coming in the mail. The price fo an RGB modded NES + Flash cart & a few other things was basically the same so I figured why not & bought on on eBay (not paying full price, fuck that). Really hoping the cords from monoprice come in before the system.

Nothing amazing but I came across a gameboy micro at a goodwill and bought it.

Also, a few months ago found a gameboy light labeled as a gameboy pocket for 20 bucks…so I bought that too.

How do you stumble across extra RGB monitors? any tips for someone looking locally?

I'm wondering if I should save some money for a hard drive and load the games from pic related into my ps2 because I want to clear up some space for my shelf, should I do it or no?

Most of those are pretty cheap, so it's not like they hold much collector's value. I say load them all onto a PS2 hard drive. I've done it myself & not only does it make playing games more convenient, but it makes you laser last much much longer. Load times get cut down by 50% too which is fantastic.

Getting a GBA:SP in phenomenal condition for Christmas. Really excited about a Fusion and Emerald run again, and having something for my GB and GBC games, which have sadly only been collecting dust.
Also getting a Raspberry Pi to get Lakka on for my long-term emulation (final) solution.
I've got a USB controller that was cheap as balls, works like shit and has already been replaced. Button feel was just miserable. I'm gutting it to see what I can do with the insides, since the contacts themselves are very responsive, its just the outside plastic shell that sucks. Maybe a custom controller one day, more than likely it will stay a mess until I bin it.
Also got some new NES games in the collection that need the usual love.
Seriously considering an old school computer binge after watching too much LGR on JewTube. A Commodore 64 or 486 project would be fun as shit.
No pics of anything since I am not at home.

The best option is the the most popular option in terms of software. This is one giant plus of Raspberry Pi.
Unless we are actually talking about emulation box specifically. I know that Raspberry Pi has very popular emulator scene, but you can also just get PC on stick or something.
And you know enjoy everything that you can do on regular PC. Having decent micro PC is a blessing for doing anything.
Besides obvious 5V Raspberry Pi power usage. It is actually good for torrents.

Isn't there some clone board of the RPi?

See

I believe the "no" image was posted because raspi company was anti-GG faggots.

correct

He could also get an Intel Atom board that also does the same thing as the Pi except be significantly better in pretty much every single way. But I suppose it's not as easy to find an Atom board for the same price. There are plenty for just under 100 bucks though. And they're good enough for light gaming nowadays as well

Why the fuck would anyone spend money on emulation, just buy the original hardware for fuck sakes.

The Pi does more than emulation, but you're right. Original hardware is your best bet as long as emulation stays shit or nonexistent for certain consoles.

lol

I have no problems with emulation for testing games and research purposes. But come on dude, you can get an original Japanese console/Japanese carts for pretty cheap. Unless ur like som rpg fag

I'm guessing the ginger is trans. This picture isn't diverse enough.

lol @ ur life

No it is the black man that is trans. The kids are adopted not xirs.

Go back to your thread spic, real white men play on original hardware.

you collectorfags are the worst.

I bet you my house is cleaner then your house. Oh wait, you don't own a house.

For ARM boards instead of , there is actually quite a lot. Just like with Arduino clones you get a lot of them. There is even one competitor that tries to have x86 processor but really just get micro PC at this point.

Ok, stupid solution that this time actually might work, you actually could buy nothing.
You already own phone capable of running all these emulators. Just buy USB dongle and connect it to TV and controller. Each time you want to play just connect your phone to it.

I just wanted an Arcade Stick that will allow me to finally finish metal slug and be fun at parties.

The only console worth keeping was the Super Nintendo and if you are lucky a Sega Saturn. I have a snes jr and the games I need for it. Keep your third world country emulator mentality to yourself.

go to cities, film studios, video production studios, colleges with AV rooms, and hospitals. always ask to speak to a technician, ask about back stock, and understand you're on borrowed time - they don't owe you anything. Lots of these places want to get rid of this stuff and know its a lot of trouble to do it, so they want to get rid of everything, including spare test equipment or things that aren't just monitors.

Call everything up, and be patient. Also be prepared to buy everything. Last time I went to an AV studio I offered 1000 in cash for 4000 dollars worth of monitors alone and they were happy to take it. They expunged old stock that's a nightmare to dispose of legally, and they got a bit of money they thought they wouldn't see again.

I will but Snes mini just to spite you.

Yeah, there's that, but I don't usually go after rare games. If I could moon runes I'd definitely go for it however.

What about old computers? Those are fun to fuck around with.

As long as the console has decent games, I'd keep it. There's also consoles with shit or non-existent emulation.

Learn to English you fucking sub human shit.

Too each their own, only other console I might pick up is a Sega Genesis for Kid Chameleon, ECCO, Beyond Oasis and Chakan.

I collect night terrors. Does that count?

I have an original xbox with a fucky disc drive. the laser doesn't read the disc 99% of the time, so i'd have to get it replaced. Problem is, they want more than it costs to buy one in perfect condition to replace the disc drive. I just bought another one. Works fine but sometimes you have to lift the disc holder up to make sure it goes in properly.

Make sure to get the genesis 6 pack too. It'll save you money on buying those games seperately.

first one probably just has an out of focus laser, adjust the pots on it. Second one getting stuck how? It could just be a belt in need of lubrication. the systems still mostly have good lubrication in them so just ejecting it 12 times should do the trick.

probably a belt. takes a couple pushes to get it to come out, and then to get it to go in sometimes you have to lightly push from underneath where it holds the disc just to lift it enough to go back in. And the first one was the weirdest thing. it would only read a scratched to shit disc of Prince of Persia, but wouldn't read pristine discs. It would label them as dirty.

Well this was a mistake. I knew the audio being slightly off was an issue but I didn't think that it was so bad in person. I compared it to real nes audio & the only word that describes it is "harsh". Like the highs are really sharp. I noticed it immediately in games that have that "ocean" sound effect, or when mega man hits something & it bounces off. Everything else is perfect which is really pissing me off. Does the Famicom disk system output it's own audio by any chance? I wonder if having a ram adapter plugged in would fix it.

fuck now I wanna draw a diagram.

Well, I won't, but that's an out of focus laser. Imagine your perfect disc. The laser isn't pointed directly at the surface, its out of focus, and can't quite get a good, clean read on the data. So it'll send some data over, fragmented and useless.

Now imagine your fucked up disc. The laser is refracting off of all those little scratches, so much so that it could be coincidentally negating the out of focus laser and causing a positive read. Not to say it's going to work all the way through, but just enough to get it sending the necessary data to get the game started.

Like I said, just eject it 12 times, don't worry about manually inserting/ejecting it with your hand, its just poor lubrication.

Make sure you know whether the SP is an AGS-001 or an AGS-101 before buying it. 001 is a sidelit model while the later 101 is properly backlit.

I was hanging around my local game shop, and trying to decide whether to get a DS Lite or an SP for GBA carts, and if I should pay the extra for a 101 SP instead of the older frontlit models. Haven't come to a decision yet, but I remember the DS Lite buttons and triggers being kinda mushy.

Also is an EA Sports black Dreamcast REALLY worth more than a white one? They have a black one for 99 bucks, but I see white ones on eBay for as low as 60. I'll pay more for the convenience of its notably rarer, but otherwise I'll just wait a few weeks for shipping.

sega sports dreamcast, and yeah, it's just a little more uncommon. I wish we got more special dreamcast consoles.

I use a Lite. Works well for GBA games, and gets an absurdly long battery in single screen mode with them (the Lite having an improved battery over the phat). Only real complaint is that the smaller design makes the the GBA carts stick out a bit. The system also has no GB/GBC cartridge support, so you might want to weigh if that's a factor as well.

As for the Lite itself, I'll admit I'm on my second. Original one I had was a preowned one, and in addition to the shoulder buttons wearing down within a few years, the hinge eventually broke. Currently one I have was one I bought new some years back and I haven't had any issues thus far. You do need to be a bit more gentle with a Lite than a phat model, and as I suspect that keeping it directly in your pocket wears down the shoulder buttons, I use a mesh carrying case with mine if I have to take it anywhere.

Right, before EA had the uncontested stranglehold over the market. I miss those days.

I'd also kill for that clear red DC, it was a Japanese resident evil model, right? I wonder how much they'd go for.

code veronica model, yeah. and as for EA, they never had a presence on the dreamcast, they refused to support it for a few reasons.

Just spend the $40 on ebay to buy any other disc drive. They're interchangeable, unlike most other consoles. Then get off your ass and softmod that fucking thing and never have to use the DVD drive ever again, unless you'd rather dump your games to the hard drive (that you replaced with a bigger one, right?) instead of downloading them from TIZ.

I'd pity you, but it's more cathartic to laugh.

Now I feel like a fool for string the Japanese version

I recently bought myself a Sakura Taisen Dreamcast. I just realised that it's a model 3000, it's going to be an interesting experience modding it to play CD-Rs. That Aside I'm looking cowards to play my signed copy of Sakura Taisen 3.

That thing was slammed together by hipsters pretending they reverse engineered the Famicom, I was skeptical as fuck about it. Looks like I was right to be wary.

The guy who designed the fpga is far from a hipster and has remarkably intricate knowledge of those old consoles. He's been doing fpga emulators for over a decade.

Fuck, I want one. Translations for the games never ever.

From my research it looks like there's no low pass filter applied to any of the audio. If that's not what I'm hearing then there's something being lost when going from an analogue sound chip to a digital one that's driving me nuts. welp, guess it's going to eBay where someone even dumber than me can buy it. If it weren't for the audio being off I would love this thing.

Does it have analog out?

Yup, that's what I've been using it for. Crystal clear RGB image & everything. I even hooked up a nintendo & the nt mini to the same tv & swapped between the two so I could see if the difference was in my head & it's not.

Be cautious of using CD-R. I hear that can put a strain on the laser due to reading CD-R instead of the intended GD-R. There are mods that can bypass the laser; disc drive SD or USB replacement (good luck buying one) or an SD Card reader. But if you were to get the ROMs, make sure to seek the GD or MIL format instead of the crude CD rip. The only way to properly rip a Dreamcast game was the use of the Broadband Adapter over the Modem Adapter. Most older rips will be incomplete, but there are newer ones out there. Haven't done any of this myself, but the MIL format opened the world of Dreamcast homebrew. Good luck in modding.

There're been translation guides for the series released, though I'm unsure of their quality.

Sakura 1
gamefaqs.com/community/Lando

Sakura 2-4
gamefaqs.com/community/Kayama

I'd heard that it was more because of the ordering of the data, and a burned CDR just put files wherever, causing the system to seek constantly. Either way, only use CDRs for games that cost a mint until you can get an SD or IDE solution.

Too late, already bought and paid for. Good to know though, I won't recommend it to anyone. I'll leave a txt of Mein Kampff on there for good measure.

Is there a Raspberry Pi type device, but for Atom processors? Is Intel any less SJW these days?

Cause NES. I love my NES, I have two. I love my old cartridges. I love original controllers (well, ok, fuck the NES Max and I wish I had dogbones, but that's neither here nor there). But sometimes I just want to have my entire 8/16 bit collection available on 1 TV without much hassle. Also, my kids.

Bad assumption there, user. I don't own a smart phone.

Good to know, user, I almost picked one of those up before deciding on the Pi.

Shit, did not know this. Already wrapped and under the tree, so here's to hoping.

Is this the designated CRT thread? I'm making it one.
Post CRT suggestions, I need some since mine is kaputt now

Always do the research.

Heard, but more than likely I had a 001 back in the day anyway (I remember picking up a GBA:SP as soon as I possibly could, even though I had modded my GBA with a backlight) so returning to the hardware I left behind doesn't break my heart. If it ends up being a 101 version, that's fine too. basically as long as I've got Fusion and Emerald in a portable, playable format that reminds me of the old days I'm god damned golden mate

Well, try not to pay too much for either. Reminds me that, while not Fusion, I saw a cart only copy of Zero Mission while out of town priced at $50, which was apparently considered a good price in that area. Makes me glad I live where I do, and GBA prices aren't that bad yet. But really, there is no sense in buying a system if you only want to play one or two games on it. I do hope you have some other games to play with it in mind.

So rebuild it. The parts are not impossible to find, just more costly than a sensible person would like to pay for them. This is why I have not yet replaced the computer collection that my fucking retarded relatives threw out. Like I'm going to pay $700 for a ready-to-rock Amiga 500, monitor, printer, sticks, drives, software, and addons, when the one I literally found on the curbside almost twenty years ago had all of that.

Why would anyone waste away doing something like this?

And he still found a way to fuck up the sound on an overpriced famiclone. Do tell me how stuffing a FGPA emulator into a block of solid aluminum isn't the pinnacle of retarded hipster mentality.

What kind do you want? Rgb? Consumer? Large? Small? Curved? Flat? Budget?

Last one I had was RGB, but I'd be open to trying something new. Never had a composite. As long as it is within $100 it's fine with me.

Are you sure? Rgb is uncommon unless you're european or are dealing with pro monitors.
You've definitely had it, its the most common input around. The yellow rca jack.

It was handed down from my Dad a few years ago, but he gave it to me slightly broken. I don't know how to fix them and I'm quite certain mine is beyond repair. Now that I'm finally in the market for a CRT television, I want one that works.
You're probably right, I never paid much attention to them. I'm pretty sure first television/monitor our house had -besides the aforementioned rgb- was LCD, but I do vaguely remember another monitor in my father's office. Don't know what happened to that one.

Look, I don't mean to give my life story here; I just want a CRT recommendation that has allows for a fair amount of customization. I'm definitely no professional, but I can figure out a lot on my own. Worst case scenario I can find a manual or ask someone on Holla Forums

Sour grapes, user.

Best consumer monitor I remember having was the Trinitron CRT. Colors were richer than the average Jew and I had the one with the ports and ethernet adapter on the stand.

the GDM-FW900 is pretty rare. Great monitor but hard to come by. Has some issues with its power regulation too which requires a fix but other than that, solid stuff.

I have a few pro monitors I could part with if you're interested. Just let me know. The ones I'd target you for would have s-video, composite, and RGB/Y/Pb/Pr.

Well, this just appeared.

250(!) euros

I'm interested if you've got any $100 or less.

Got myself the Ar Tonelico 2 artbook along with the two Max Factory figures. Looking forward to playing the Re-translation of the game, and the series in its entirety once my modded ps2 arrives.

Pretty cool. Now all I need is one for the SEGA CD and I'll be set.

Yeah, for basically $300, you can get a PC Engine Duo R or something, but then you risk having the laser diode fail. Replacement parts are like rocking horse shit. Still, as I do not live in commiefornia, I cannot throw $300 down on vidya in one shot, as I have actual needs to fulfill.

I have a 13" panasonic with rgb I'd be interested in sending out, not the best picture but its not bad. I'd sell it for cheaper than 100 but I'd have to look at it again

also ordered these today

Might also be of interest to you that there's a fan patch for AT1 that inserts subtitles for FMVs, since NISA apparently didn't bother doing so (and thus played as-is, the JP audio for those has no corresponding English text).
theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/ar-tonelico---melody-of-elemia-usa-undub-video-fix/

Terrible shame, that neither of those is buzzword. Well, whatever.

The official release doesn't even have JP voices for the FMVs: they are in English regardless of what language you choose.

he was also slated to work on Jodorowsky's Dune movie before the whole project got thrown out the window and after watching the documentary about it I'm fucking glad it never happened

>you could just use (((intel))) hardware with built-in surveillance features

Wait, so they didn't even include the JP audio for those despite it being a dual audio release? I'd thought they had just pulled a Natural Doctrine (albeit years before ND) and hadn't bothered subbing it. Well, regardless, from the sound of it that upload of it there should be a fix to both the audio and subbing then

Yeah i know, i have one. But whereas that has intrinsic appreciating value, this is essentially a worthless piece of homebrew plastic.

All videogames are worthless plastic, just like the worthless film movies are printed on. Normalfags aping worthless hobbies while their countries are murdered.

I just bought a copy of Goldeneye boxed. Since it was so popular it's still pretty common and finding a boxed one is cheap, so I recommend it. Great fucking game, I used to think it was wonky and old because of the default controls but with the Solitaire 1.2 controls and a left style grip it plays just like a modern shooter. I spent today clearing half the levels and loving every second of it.

use the 2.0 control styles for dual analog

It's because of how disconnected they are from their countries and culture as a whole. We are already in Late-Stage Capitalism moving towards Globalism becoming more refined into the True NWO. Only The Deus Ex Machina or an all out collapse will change things as they are now.

Collection e-peen wank time!
A question to all collectorfags;
What's the oldest man-made thing you own? Both video game related and in general?

For me, as far as video games go, would probably be Donkey Kong for the ColecoVision (1982) my oldest game console I have would probably be my NES and my oldest PC my Commodore 64C circa 1988

In general the oldest thing I have is a coin of Valentine I from ancient Rome (~370s A.D.)

I am tempted to get an original Atari Pong console from eBay since they're relatively inexpensive and I want one for historical significance but I'm still not sure if it's worth it since I know ultimately it's going to sit in my shelf unused

Oldest thing I have is a pre Columbian head sculpture, but that's by no means rare. As for games, probably one of my Atari VCS/2600 systems, or a Telstar Pong console that has HORRIBLE picture quality. It may be in dire need of some capacitor replacement, but due to the nature of Pong consoles, I'm not sure I want to fiddle with caps in them.

No thanks, two controllers at once is overly clunky and frankly the D-pad does just fine for movement. It's a lot like having WASD for movement. I'll stick with 1.2 Solitaire.

2 for the first series, & then 13-14 for "maximum". The anime covers the first 2 books plus the first 2 volumes of maximum. After that they don't borrow from each other. I love nightow's anime works, but trigun is so busy. It's really hard to follow his art style & especially his paneling.

I learned this so hard from the "we buy gold" rush years back. If you don't have enough seed money to make a purchase you're going to lose out on deals. Good life lesson really.

Mobeius didn't work on Empire, someone working on Empire just ripped off one of his droids. He did however work on Alien (as you said), Tron, Masters of the Universe, Willow, The Abyss, and The Fifth Element. If you haven't you really owe it to yourself to look in to The Incal and the Metabarons.

Oh, and also of note are the other video games Moebius worked on: Jet Set Radio Future and more recently Gravity Rush (though not the sequel it seems). If you want to play a game that feels extremely Moebius check out Seven Samurai 20XX on the PS2, it's not the best game but the art screams Moebius and as such the worlds you travel through are very visually interesting even if the game is just a hack and slash.

Poor bastard. Breadbin is much nicer.

Nice

I didn't know Rick Grimes browsed /vr/.

Moebius has only ever "worked on" Panzer Dragoon, and only the artwork. He died in 2012.

That's dead wrong user. He at least worked on Seven Samurai 20XX as the character designer. Feel free to check his wiki and scroll down to the games section.

Though I was wrong about Gravity Rush and Jet Set Radio Future, not sure why they list those on his page if they were just inspired by his work. Still, he most certainly was the character designer for Seven Samurai 20XX.

pic related
My haul since Black Friday. Since getting a steady income I splurged for my Dreamcast collection, anime collection, and finally got Nier to see what all the fuss was about. Doom was cheap and I thought eh why not.

Shenmue 2 - $75
Skies of Arcadia - $55
Nu Doom - $20
Nier Automata - $25
Angel Beats - $20
Your Name Special Edition - $60

Thinking of getting Cool Cool Toon since I remember playing a friends copy and loving the music and aesthetic. Also, Bravely Default.

Why in TWO FUCKS would you buy DewM for PC? Do you enjoy having cancer? Because your computer will.

got my copy of the made in abyss soundtrack. sent out a 9" RGB CRT to another user, and sold a PSU and a sony RGB board on ebay.

fuck off

You're breathing manually because you lost the game.

Is it really that bad? I thought Holla Forums was mostly indifferent to it. Not repulsed by it like they are with Mass Effect.

also this just got announced

I think it's just another so-so fast paced modern shooter. I don't see it as particularly heretical. I just don't care for it.

I suppose you don't need to keep the source code of a game around to arrange a soundtrack for it. Wish PDS was more available to play, but emulation (or system modding? Not sure what the state of the Saturn and pirated game loading is) seems the only way to play it without getting raped in the wallet, and my toaster isn't good enough for that.

there's a number of ways to back up load on the saturn. swap disc, mod chip, pseudo saturn cartridge, rhea/phoebe, and satisfier soon. Pretty much the price to play an $800 game is going to be about $75, the cost of a saturn and action replay cart. Assuming you have blank discs lying around.

Nothing
Might have to wipe my 3DS SD and redownload all games because I'm pretty sure the files are corrupt. It boots and plays but I eventually get random black screen/white text crashes. Might even be the SD but I'm not sure. Hopefully the Switch gets hacked soon.
Donating my PS2 and its games to a second hand shop
Thrasher Skate and Destroy years ago because somehow I couldn't find the ISO online. Ended up finding it online not too long after. Got it on my modded PSP now.

Did the Saturn use any particular make of discs, or did it just use generics?

Any CDR will work, but you have to be able to burn a data track and audio tracks in a particular way. I've never had any trouble, except for when faggots use lossy MP3s instead of WAV or FLAC or something for the audio tracks. Then it just sounds like shit.

Got one of these in a lot. Is there any way to hook this up to a model 1 NES?

NES to Famicom Adapter that extends out of the front of the NES. John Riggs made a recent video demonstrating this.

Simcity for DOS.
A cloth map of Italy from WWII.
Also found out that the headset in my copy of N.U.D.E. is falling apart, barring the fact that it's almost 15 years old; I think it was stored in a wet environment before I got it. The foam earpad is gooey and the mic filter is crumbling apart. The disc is perfect though still.

one time I bought a gameboy but had no games for it. So the next day when I went to school I traded it to the guy who was literally in the middle of shooting up the school for his m16, however, I forgot to get bullets too so I ended up just with a clicking machine, nonetheless the still put me in jail where I got buttraped every single day. The moral of jail is basically that I'm a tranny now and evey time I walk down the street people call me 'jannet' I don't know why that's not even what they called me in prison. I've got thirteen tatoos of targets on my anus, each rippled because the ink for them is made out of mad cow disease and jenkem, in short don't go to prison for anything other than rape.

Holy shit thank you. The guy doesn't have the audio on though which worries me, but if I buy one of those "ENIO" adapters off eBay will it give me expansion audio from the FDS Ram Adapter?

ebay.com/itm/171031347951/

There's a cheap mod that can be done to a US NES that allows the expansion audio. No more than a couple bucks' worth of components. I haven't done it myself, as I don't have any Famicom games (aside from Gyromite inside an NES cart). Riggs would have said if the audio was fucked. He leaves no stone unturned when talking about stuff, and he's the guy to check with if you have a game that seems to be dead, as he repairs games and also makes repro carts. I have no sentimental attachment to any of my carts, so if they fuck off, whatever. I've already lost everything I've owned a half dozen times.

Floods or theft? It's almost always one of those two.

Fire-user, is that you?

Nope, not trying to blogpost, but I was abandoned by my parents with only the clothes on my back when I was a kid, a few involuntary midnight moves, and asshole relatives throwing my shit out. Now I have a sizeable collection, but it doesn't mean anything to me because I didn't have any of it when I was a kid. So, no sentimental attachments.

You can build new attachments & memories. That's pretty black pilled.

SX-64 worth picking up at all for the novelty of it?

As long as you know what you're getting into, and don't mind dealing with the biggest pain in the ass version of the C64. My C64 is some crazy mishmash, with the keyboard from a breadbox, and the case from the C version. No idea if the previous owner did a transplant job, but it works, so I'm satisfied.

My USB capture widget is in the process of gnawing cock, as the audio input from my SNES was PEAKING LIKE THE FUCKER OF ALL MOTHERS, and the captured video was 720x240 for no goddamn logical reason. Since my Avertech capture card has fucked off to the waiting line for the shooting range, I have got to pick out a decent (and not bullshit costly) replacement capture device soon. It is my destiny to record a playthrough of Corneria (Starfox) without ramming into every goddamn wall and enemy blast like every other retard who plays the game does. I bought the game SPECIFICALLY because for this.

where do y'all go for sick deals? ebay? flea markets? used game stores?

I guess the nicest deals I've gotten were a game.com and every FF for PS1 for about $37 total at a flea market and rule of rose for $100 at a trade-in store

Picked up collector's editions of the Bravely games for very cheap. Looked at prices online and couldn't believe the deal I got for the pair. I'm hoping to put some serious hours into both in the next few weeks, as I enjoyed the demo, but we'll see if that actually happens.

I don't want to go back up ebay…

I sold my CE for the first game a while ago. Bravely Second was a disaster. The first wasn't great but the actual combat was tremendous.

Local game shops that aren't run by faggots (I have been to TWO in Ohio, maybe a third if it's still in business, God knows wherever it is. Thrift stores, flea markets, church rummage sales, and any and all kinds of yard/garage/neighborhood sales. The gold rush is over, but you have to keep looking. To keep from being too disheartened, ask people what they're looking for, and keep an eye out for it yourself, so if you don't find what you want, you may find what somebody else has been hunting for. Ask them to do the same for you, and you have a small network of people who will gladly do some hunting for you.

There's a small chain of game stores I like out here that tend to ask below average prices; even if not necessarily a "good deal", they're rather consistent with being cheaper than most other places, and have pretty good selection to boot. There's also a used multimedia chain here that more often than not asks way too much, but occasionally fucks up the prices in a way that benefits the customer, so I've gotten more than a handful of good finds from there for whatever their reasons for pricing as they do is (family member speculates the workers might be high). Savers, Goodwill, pawn shops, thrift stores, etc, are all pretty shit here; judging from their stock, either people just use them as a dumping ground for games they can't get enough for elsewhere, or if there is anything good, resellers making the rounds snatch them up fast.

In contrast, I'd say I rarely ever find any truly good deals online these days. Everyone just seems to go off of what the latest scalper sold his copy for on Amazon or ebay, or uses pricecharting to see statistics. It's very rare that I buy any game I'd have to get preowned online (since at least with brick and mortar I might get a better deal), and generally save online purchases for reprint copies (which generally should have a price reduction compared to existing preowned copies, but that seems to depend on the company).

Shit like that that makes me not trust modern Square (along with the likes of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Drakengard 3, and general Dragon Quest localizations).

You sound like a fucking tremendous faggy yid kike.

Spoken like a (((fucking kike))), now fuck off. I'm talking about being able to get games other than fucking Madden for less than $10, and not having to pay $200 for a Sega CD.

working in a store like this has its perks, all of these are CIB

I blame the mexican illegals. 10 years ago you could to to any flea market & pick up at least a few games for a reasonable price. Now you can barely find people who speak english. They hijacked the entire retro gaming scene to get around having real jobs. They ruined garage sales too.

Went out hunting this weekend, these was some great stuff out there, just too rich for my blood. Since when does Goodwill start charging top dollar for shit? Saw a portable C64 without a price tag, didn't inquire.
Still have a broken USB controller on my desk, awaiting its fate.
Getting into the C64 scene, maybe even a 486 project. Nothing I have time, money, or space for. stick to DOSBox, fool, it is easier on the wallet!

They sell on Amazon & eBay now. Remember, they're not a charity like the Salvation Army is.

Craigslist and eBay are the best places to get classic computers anymore, believe it or not. You might want to try looking for LOCAL PICKUP ONLY in the area you're comfortable driving to. I drove 200 miles for a MINT CONDITION Packard Bell Pentium 1 system with no yellowing, and not even a speck of dust inside the case. The monitor, printer, keyboard, and mouse were all wrapped in plastic and stored in darkness for decades.

They also have trash compactors in the back where they throw all of the small parts like weapons for toys and figures that are smaller than five inches tall or wide. It gets tossed in there and shredded then compacted in to a small cube. They have gotten wise to some of it being valuable and now auction off some of the stuff they use to shred and cube on their own goodwill auction sites.

On a related tangent, I went to a weekend swap meet last month while visiting some relatives. Pretty much every vendor was a spic (most likely illegal to boot, Commiefornia being a sanctuary state) and the one that had a stand specializing exclusively in vidya (also run by a spic reseller of course), half of what he had was sun-faded, nothing had prices on it (but he had a laptop with him of course), and some of it didn't even have the game discs/carts and were just cases and art.

I honestly wonder if ICE has considered setting up some estate sales out here in the southwest to bait them into getting caught. Those tacos swarm those like flies on shit from what I've seen out here.

When they opened a media/electronics centric branch on the east coast and started asking average resell prices? Just a guess, but I remember them doing so some years back, and don't go to regular Goodwills enough to know how much it's affected prices yet (not like the local ones have ever gotten anything good in the handful of times I've been).

ebay's been pretty generous these past few months

this is just a quarter of the crap I've gotten off ebay and I don't think I've paid over $100 for all of this, probably even counting shipping

If it was sold from people living in your area already, I doubt those JP versions of games would have costed that much anyhow, given how a fair amount of those seem to be RPGs and not knowing the language of story/character heavy games tends to reduce demand of them in other regions (in comparison to easy to pick up and play games that might be only hampered by region lock).

What's that "- Paradise" game? Can't really make out the full title.

voice paradise, some weird idol game that had a neat cover art

nip games usually go for about $10 a piece on ebay and I don't think I paid over $3 for any of those nip games

neat thing about assault suits valken 2 and deep freeze is that they're almost in english for whatever reason, save for subtitles and the occasional menu

Only dipshits use the term gold-rush you projecting fucking yid, kill yourself.

I've got my copy around here somewhere, but I wanted to commend you on your excellent taste.

Eh, skipped over the SX for now. Have a breadbin so fuck it, no rushing. I am however considering looking for a CD-TV potentially just for the shits and giggles of it. Also a new floppy drive for my 500+. Fucking thing's on the way out.

On top of that, what's the best monitor to get for a Amiga? One of the official ones, or any better ones out there?

Seriously considering getting an OSSC.
Is it worth the money if I really just want a not shit analog console to HDMI box?