Megaman 11 Announced for Late 2018

So Finally, we have a new Megaman after eight years.
Feel free to webm it plz no bully

Thoughts on art direction?
I think it's gonna be a sterile current year cashgrab.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/ZLFW8KiVJBU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its Sonic 4 all over again.

hooktube.com/ZLFW8KiVJBU
Lazy faggot, at least hooktube it. It takes 2 seconds.

I'm excited for it. No more regressive art direction pandering to nostalgiafags.

LOL

HALF LIFE 3 WHEN xD

True.
I don't like the voice, though.

Also this video is fucking shit
also
toplel
Interesting part starts at 3:30

There's already a thread.

It doesn't look bad, it just looks uninspired, just like Sonic 4. I would have liked Megaman 8's style a lot more or even Powered Up style.

On the upside, imagine Conman's reaction to this.

Look what I found sitting in my files.

That thread's past the bump limit.

TBQHWY it looks ok at the moment. The only red flag is that win special attack move. It still looks way better than MN9.

>tfw Megaman X7 came out on my birthday

NO ONE ASKED FOR MEGAMAN 11

I don't know why anyone would expect Legends 3 at this point. Maybe if after the X collection Capcom ends up making a collection of Legends 1, 2, and Misadventures of Tronbon, sure that would be something, but as of now there was no reason to think Capcom would be working on legends 3.

Where'd this Rockman Ciel shit come from? What qualifies her to be a Rockman?

I wanted a game where Cutman, Metalman and Shadowman go on DMC type adventures, but with robots instead of angels/demons.

Also, Megaman Soccer 2, but this time, with an actual ending

The main series has always been the best of megaman

It was cursed by Inafune. They won't dare touch it.

I guess with all the fuckups. Capcom is trying to revive all their old franchises they'd run into the ground to have some money to work with.

MM11 doesn't look that good but at least it looks alot better than this shit we got from Con Man.

Then, preferably kill yourself.

I've been lied to too many times to fall for this.

It doesn't look like a Sonic 4 to me. It looks like they took 8 bit mega man and made him into 3d, which, gameplay-wise, is probably best. Changing the character to screen ratio is probably a bad idea, so a more chibi style than what we saw in 8 is appropriate.

Okay so

Is this a compilation of previous titles PLUS MM11, or just MM11?

I didn't see the Zero GBA series listed

Are you retarded?

Why? All they showed was a bunch of footage of previous games, plus a trailer for a new game. Because it's the 30th anniversary, I think it's a very relevant question to ask if it's a collection or not, especially since the video in OP didn't indicate this.

She invented the Biometals, which is what you use in Megaman ZX to transform, and they posses the personality and thoughts of X and Zero under Biometal X and Z respectively plus the Guardians' Biometals. It's heavily implied Ciel herself used the Biometals, which is why the fan game is being done.

It overstaved it's welcome. There's literally no need for more sequels of the original, since the original isn't really that story heavy and you can get the same result from the countless of megaman clones. ZX and Legends were cut in the middle of the story, not to mention that only 2 with their particular gameplay exists. The other 2 remakes had a lot of really interesting concepts going on, specially powered up, and it really makes me mad there's not more of them.
There's literally no reason for for Megaman 11 to exists, specially for how it looks and after how Capcom treated the whole franchise.

Its like they saw might no9 and assumed that people liked it.

Yep, you're functionally retarded.

Just Mega Man 11 late next year, though Mega Man X1-8 are being ported to current-gem systems and PC in the summer of next year. We don't know if they'll be released separately or bundled in a collection, though.

>>>/reddit/ is that way

No, dude. Do a simple Google search about today's announcements, and you'd find no shortage of articles telling you:

If you can't answer your own dumb fucking questions with Google, perhaps it is you who should
>>>/reddit/

It includes X 8 too. I'll assume that was just a mistake.

I don't know what people are bitching about. I think it looks great. I'm glad they got rid of that shitty overused NES style. Not bashing on pixel graphics but god damn NES graphics are the easiest and cheapest way to grab at nostalgia, real chads try to emulate 16 bit at minimum because those graphics are the hardest to do properly while also looking the best

Apart from the really shitty robot master weapon they showed off in the trailer. The fuck was that? Just spawns four blocks at the top of the screen? Show some real shit.

Don't give money to Crapcom.
This should be obvious by now.

It actually looks pretty broken. Hopefully enemies resist that shit, because it's basically a half screen wipe.

Do you think they'll fix X6 with the X collection or just leave it as buggy as ever?

How would you fix it? X6 is flawed to the very core, as much as I like it, and all the bad things overweight the good things, from level design to really shitty design choices like warp gates and permanent lost of reploids. I guess you can fix a few bugs, though, but none of them were really game breaking.

Who knows Capcom can be weird as fuck.
DMC2's NA version had no unlimited Devil Trigger code where the EU version did. so what did they do when the HD collection happened? The same fucking thing If you want the damn Unlimited Devil Trigger code you need to buy a fucking EU version of the game. I know it's DMC2, but WHY?

I didn't link to anything, you fucking moron. If you had two brain cells together, you'd realize you could answer simple questions like that without bothering other people with your ignorance. You just come across as a retard.

Don't give them money people. Capcom deserves to fall and there are people constantly making Megaman clones at Comiket. This is just a cheap cash-in. It's not like they actually care about the Megaman fans now. They're just desperate.

But it actually looks okay. Probably the most okay the series has looked in a while.That said, I'm more waiting for that Megaman X Collection.

Here it is, dipshit.

If Inti Creates is involved in this one and they're not directed by shitheads then maybe it won't be bad.

Haven't tried that version, does it allow me to change the voices in X4 to jap ?
Because motherfucker that dub was horrendous

He'd better have the charge shot back because no way in hell am I fucking with virgin-ass no-charge Megaman again.

Capcom is getting desperate, it's almost pathetic.

Did you even watch the video, you fucking mongoloid? Why is everyone in this thread so low IQ?

Oh, Capcom.

It looked solid in motion and I thought the art direction was great, until I saw some high resolution stills. It actually looks like a shitty mobile game in those. I did like how he actually change forms when switching weapons tho.

In any case, this is Capcom and it will come with Denuvo so I'll at best pirate it.

wat

th op vid

If it's like the Legacy Collections, it'll have the Japanese versions, though might not have the J-Pop intros intact

I got a copy of the X Legacy Collection on PS2, and I can confirm that no, you cannot. (Though, at least it doesn't to the pants-on-head retarded idea of swapping the jump and shoot buttons with eachother like on the Gamecube edition of Megaman Anniversary Collection, as the controls are mapped out like those from Megaman X4-X6.)

we've already been there and done that.

Also, this looks a lot like Mighty No. 9.

New Megaman Battle Network when?

Have fun with chips being microtransactions.

A mobile gacha BN would be the tits.

Holy fuck you better be joking nigger.

You can't be serious.

Kill yourself.

What are you poor?

I am

No I am not, they could even reuse all the assets from the GBA and DS games so it would be even more likely to happen.

2.5d platformers need special care to remove how hard it is to tell where you fall off a ledge/when you'll go on it. I do like that they included a turn animation though.

But will Roll be playable?

The thing with 2.5D plarformers is that they have to be extremely well stylized in order to even look good. Look at Ori and the Blind Forest, and even then it's not nearly as pretty as most 2D platforming games. Other than that most of these games are Mighty Number 9-tier.

That's actually kind of sad. Sort of makes me wonder if there were any poor souls at Comcept who genuinely wanted to make a good game before Inafune shafted them for "Muh Vision!"

The game when backwards in quality after 2 years, I have no pity for any of them.

I'm calling it now they are going to have DLC to play as either Proto Man or Bass and you have to pay to unlock them.

I don't pity them, as in the game or the team, but it was once a beacon of hope. It's a shame that all that hope was completely obliterated. I pity anons who had hope, but they have no one to blame but themselves if they kept believing after 6 months in.

I don't know what to call this genre of music but I really fucking hate it.
The game looks like dogshit too. At this point my only hope for a decent MMX game is for me to get off my lazy ass and try my hand at gamedev.

you also have to wonder if things would have gone differently had Dina not sabotaged the western feedback.

I also love the game being laughably easy and the music being drowned out by the constant charging sound.

Megaman 8 still has better art direction tbh. This is sonic 4 episode 2 level, so not bad but just uninspired

Capcom has been fucking up since 2013 and they haven't stopped yet. I have no hope for this.
It's what i'd imagine Mighty Number 2 looking like if Conman's goon squad wasn't completely fucking inept. I like how sub-weapons change how you look outside of color palette, but other than that, it's just "okay".
It depends on what platforms they release it on. A Switch release would be guaranteed shekels if only for Nintards to justify the portability of the damn thing. Any other platform is probably going to have less than average sales.

That's something I don't get.
They solved it in 9 and 10, with Protoman's charge shot.

Honestly I'm surprised they never gave the charge shot much more thought than it just charging.
Imagine how crazy the game would suddenly get, if they gave Mega Man a Just Charge Shot (ie "release it right when it hits max power, and you get a boost. Do it afterwards and it's still stronger than an uncharged shot, but not as much as a just.")

She was the catalyst of every single problem Mn9 and Comcept had, and prior to her being the innoperable tumor of the company, she was just a fellow backer who was harassing/bullying her fellow backers for a while before suddenly being promoted* to community manager, right?

*= sucking off Inafune and a bunch of his limpdicked cronies under the table like the sandnigger whore she is

IIRC there was a bug in Mega Man X which had your shots do more damage if you were dashing.

The re-design looks fine, and I don't mind the 2.5D style. But most importantly, they stopped limiting Mega Man's abilities. Something that always bothered me about MM9 and 10 was that they removed the slide and charge shot. Sure, Proto Man had them, but there was no reason to remove them other than MUH MM2.

The only complaint I have so far is that it looks a bit sterile and lifeless. But it's Capcom, I'm sure they'll find many ways to disappoint me before release.

The art looks like a refined Network Transmission. Unfortunately has the same problem of Megaman's animation not looking quite right.

After the still in beta Street Fighter V, good but too short Res VII and the just utter shit MvCi I do not have much hope for this game being decent.

thats the problem with 3d models in a 2d space. despite all the fucking with perspective like slightly skewing it, you can't get the feeling of being synced up to the game world just right. mega man especially considering the pixel precise movement.

no she wasn't she was literally dating one of the head developers form day one. She just LARPed as a backer so they could sell the "transgender" Beck.
>*=
what the fuck man?

aside form the stiff animation, It looks good!

there was already a decent quality webm in the last thread. At this point there honestly should be a rule against posting Jewtube in the OP.

You forgot Dead Rising 3 and 4, quintsman.

That would mean Mark would either have to edit posts multiple times a day, or deal with the shitposting from butthurt idiots who had their threads deleted, both of which he's too lazy to do.

Damn, does anyone have an archive of this tweet?

Just allow hooktube embeds.

sounds like a win. In the long term the sumerfags would quite posting Jewtube in OP. Plus put it in the rules in black and white and if anyone bitches you point to them and call them a shill. In time the behavior would be reduced and Marks workload would diminish. Plus he now has several volunteer hot pockets who do it for free.

that also could work, but that is something we need to talk to codemonkey about.

I choose to forever forget them as that series is dead to me. Its a life choice I stand by.

I lost all my m&ms with my last computer. Thanks, user

If it's any consolation, the character designer's working on 11.

Don't pretend it doesn't exist Capcom, especially when you ended Megaman Legend 2 with a cliffhanger

disregard that, I'm retarded

As in, Megaman doesn't have to do anything to move forward when Xover comes out.
As in, just like in Xover, megaman doesn't have to do anything to move forward
As in, the game plays itself
You're retarded for not getting it

The charge shot doesn't make the game easier. Get the fuck out of here with your retarded meme mentality.

Never sexualize Ciel.

I think the poor game quality had to do with trying to port for ALL LAST AND CURRENT GEN CONSOLES AND pc. Had they just stuck with PS4, Xbox, PC, than they have have at more time with polish and actually making it fun.

I'd much rather have Wayforward handling it.

Wayforward is shit

How so?

Can't wait to pirate it.

dont worry, user! im sure they will launch a legends collection and see the huge shekels support from the gamers!

But I'm not.

I rather not. Shantae 1/2 finished game isn't that bad but compared to the original Shantae or Pirate's Curse it's shit, particularly the visuals. Can't believe they dropped one of their strongest points because they are lazy, and it's counterproductive since hand drawing is expensive and ended up not looking as good, specially for the backgrounds. Fuck hand-drawn sprites and 3D background. There's absolutely no need to re-do the Zero games either.
As for a megaman game done by them, they are hit or miss, so they can easily fuck up.

Ducktales Remastered was fantastic and so was Contra 4.

The original Ducktales looks better and I couldn't give less of a shit about Contra 4.

There is. If there's an issue with the zero games is that they were designed for handhelds, therefore screen space is limited and taking things fast isn't really an option until you know which enemies are coming from where. And personally I'm not fond of some level designs. I wish someone would take the PS1 X games and do them justice because replaying them again this year, I had so much fun but it still hit me how rushed and halfbaked they mostly are.

Considering the 3DS is the least powerful system the game was ported to, and that little sucker has games like REvelations and Kid Icarus: Uprising and Smash Bros. 4, I don't think power had much of anything to do with it.

And they should stay that way. Hell, Risky's Revenge was also designed for DSi, and what did WayForward do? They just ported it as it was. Also, wanting to change the amazing sprite art is just absurd. I understand the screen limit, but that's not only a problem with Zero, it's also a problem with Risky's Revenge and even the original Shantae. Wanting to change that is remaking the whole game since I'm pretty sure it's not as easy as just changing the aspect ratio or upscaling it.
I more or less agree, but how would you "make them better"? X4 is good as it is even though is a bit underwhelming with content but that's how Megaman used to be around that time not an excuse though, I wouldn't know what they left out of X5 since is my least favorite of the 3, and X6 is fundamentally flawed in almost all aspects, which would actually warrant either an overhaul or a remake.

There's a word for it: Laziness. Making a top notch game for each console would mean working with them from different angles. Even Smash 4 had to do this, using little tricks here and there to comparable with the Wii U version, with it's own pros and cons. Nowadays ports are just 1:1 or just a fucking downgrade with no balance whatsoever.

So you haven't even played it yet you feel like you can lay judgement upon it?

I didn't which is why I said I don't care. I saw a few screenshots and it looks ok. But the damn thing is also 10 YEARS OLD.
Ducktales is more recent and it's evident WayForward probably won't use a similar art-style anymore, so why bother?

I suppose what I would do is make levels longer, with minibosses and optional paths(ala the volcano stage in X5), and make the games(especially X5 and X4) more challenging.
You can fix sub weapons, make bosses much harder and require more control over X/Zero's movement(Very few bosses in the trilogy require you to be constantly moving in a precise manner to dodge attacks that hit all over the place instead of just 10% of the screen, and the best one of them, Volt Kraken, is only good when playing with self restrictions on) as well as fixing some of the more bullshit parts of X6(X6 kind of did shit right with the IDEA having all these parts that open up different playstyles and second levels and bosses, but the execution was heavily flawed).

It's better to wait for someone to RomHack the games than waiting for capcom or wayforward to do so.
That's what I mean. Otherwise X6 is pretty good. Now I want to play again.

Contra 4 perfectly replicates both the art style and gameplay of older Contra games and even improves boss design. It's a beautifully crafted game and a love-letter to the Contra series. Ducktales Remastered replicates the gameplay of the original as well although opinions on the art style might vary. So why wouldn't they be able to visually overhaul a MM game when they have already shown to be more than capable and already had Capcom's permission to do their thing with one of their games before?
Theu still do pixel art games, what is Mystik Belle, huh?

There's also just a lot of bosses and levels in X4/5 that really irk me.
The bat boss in X5 for example is a joke and so is his stage. I'm not sure if he even has any attacks outside of ramming you. General is a godawful boss in X4. Plus I feel a lot of gimmicks that could be really cool are never reused or used very lamely. In X6's gate stage most of the gimmicks from the previous levels are revisited and turned up to 11. Putting some utterly bullshit areas of those levels aside, X5 and X4 don't do that and they could have some seriously sick combinations with those gimmicks. The flowing lava from the volcano stage. The timed doors from Volt Kraken's stage, gravity reversal from the bat's stage, the time trial obstacle course from X4's Cyber Peacock, etc.

Speaking of wayforward and pixel art that recent mummy game looked pretty nice. Not so good in gameplay terms but still, good effort.

And I agree, but the problem is, that was done 10 years ago, user, expecting that level of dedication now when WayForward can barely keep it together is retarded.
No shit. The original looks better. It's pretty much the same problem of Earth Worm Jim remastered. Smoother graphics usually make a game looks worse, and the blend of 3D and 2D is simply not good. And here is the thing, WayForward is leaning more and more towards this style. Sure, the gameplay can be 1:1 but what's the point if it looks like shit?
Because they actually have shown to be incompetent faggots with Half-Genie hero and lazy ones as well. Fuck that. They could have done amazing games before, but that's not the case anymore. They are always lacking somewhere even in their best games, so I rather having my balls torn apart than trust them anything ever again unless they show they can still work with pixels.
It's one of my favorite games and they didn't make it, faggot, they just published the ports to PS4 and Xbone. As the other user mentioned, I give you that The Mummy Demastered looks really good, though.

.webm related. As I said, just wait for a rom hack or something like that.

You have shit taste, opinion discarded, buried and hidden.

By the way, if you want something unfair play this.

Says the faggot defending WayForward only for a few lucky shots.

Says the faggot with a personal vendetta against WF because the latest Shantae didn't met his expectations.

It's not a personal vendetta, I like their games, but they are not the second coming of Jesus and certainly wouldn't do a good job with a remake that shouldn't exist, specially with how incompetent they've proved to be.
You're like the faggots that used to want everything done by Platinum. Also, the latest Shantae is shit even though it had more budget than all the previous games. Explain that.

My autism can't be contained in complete, comprehensive paragraphs so I'm just going to list some shit that feels wrong about the trailer

Looks like a PS2 game. I'm not opposed to the series branching away and trying a new art style, but for fucks sake don't half ass it. First level looks halfway decent, but after that it's just plain backgrounds and copy-paste textures. The original games only got away with it because they actually had hardware limitations, and even then they rapidly got better. MM6 looks absolutely incredible for an NES game.
Can't quite pin it without actually playing it, but this game looks slow and clunky as hell, with level design that doesn't do much more than pay lip service to the previous entries. They only seem to sort of know how a Mega Man level is supposed to go.
Speaking of that, they only seem to sort of know what they want this game to be. It's been proven time and again that Capcom is woefully out of touch with what people like about Mega Man, and this seems like no exception. It's like a (((marketers))) idea of a new Mega Man game, banking on name recognition and the fact that it's a "new game in so long guyz!!" harder than on the game actually being quality.
I know it's just a trailer, but I've seen this shit happen too many times to be blindly optimistic and just brush it off like it won't be indicative of the final product. If this game is actually good I'll fucking eat crow and be happy that it exists, but to invest anything more than passive interest in this would be nothing short of foolish. Also lmao at all of the fags in the comments going "omg u entitled gamurz stop complaining and just be happy it exists!".

How are you so certain that they wouldn't and why shouldn't it? It was just an idea regardless, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
Entirely subjective.

All remakes are shit and usually you're better off playing the original anyway. That's particularly true now. Not like there are not exceptions, but I wouldn't risk a remake of one of my favorite fucking games when there was a collection in the NDS.
Kill yourself.

Still no webm?

All these blanket statements.

Oh yeah I forgot

Which doesn't improve the cramped screen since the DS and GBA have about the same resolution

And no rebuttal from your part. Nice. Keep sucking WayForward dick.

There's absolutely nothing to improve except your taste. The game is good as it is because it was designed with the screen resolution in mind just like Shantae.

Rebuttal for those broad statements? No way you are this stupid.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. 1/2 looks like shit, specially compared to Pirate's Curse. Thanks to the 3D scenery the game is clunky. You now have to fucking select the level and there's no more overworld.
Good luck sucking WayForward's dick.

Go in depth on these

You have eyes. Tell me how the beautiful pixel art in Pirate's Curse can even compare to the shitty and lazy 2.5D. I give them 7/10 for the effort, but it looks bad. But hey, you apparently defend the way Ducktales Remastered looks, so you might just be a retard.
No more open exploration but you have to re-do all the levels from the beginning, the 3D backgrounds doesn't blend with the models and makes moving around awkward, Shantae's movement are slower too for some reason, her jump are a lot more floaty, not to mention the weird Shantae's size.
All of the above plus the change of art-style. Sure, they usually change it from game to game, but this change affected sprites. Maps are lazy, not like Shantae have ever been particularly hard, but this one have to be the easiest with the most lazy platforming design I've seen.
All of the above, plus the whole shit with the Risky campaign.
Addressed above.

Ciel has a lot of corruption porn made out of her.

Post the vanilla.

Not a whole lot that to go around.

Just let her fuck Zero's soul as a Christmas Cake AI already.

Like this?

My ZERO reaction to the new MegaMan game.

Sometimes it's like porn wants me to suffer.

3dcg was a mistake.

Imagine how the world would be if the shitty jump to 3D didn't succeed.

What the fuck is that mod user, enemies get no recovery frames?

It really fucking isn't. Almost everything in X6 is compromised by the fact that it had good ideas and a horrendous execution

Pretty much I think some attack patterns are also modified. It's designed for no damage speedruns. It looks fantastic, though. Imagine if all the games were like that or had a "hard" setting like this.

And yet it's as enjoyable as the rest if not more, which makes you wonder what could have been.

I always see Rockman as one word, though.

Rockman's correct, nothing wrong in that. It doesn't help Capcom uses the Japanese style logo nowadays rather than Western original ones, and that fucks things up further.

What difference does it even make? If it's consistency, I don't see the problem.

If it had been consistent, Mega Man would've used the logo it originally in the Western markets. But as it always goes, new people want to change things, and for whatever reason in the mid-90's Capcom of America and Europe completely lost how its spelled. They lost the consistency in the West around Mega Man/'s Soccer, as the box cover spells with space but no possessive, while the in-game logo is in Japanese style no-space but with possessive. Then you have the X series, which switches things around, using different logos on everywhere. SNES games had the same type in title screens, while boxes had now-standard arching version, which was used in Mega Man legends as well, but from Mega Man X4 onward began using semi-Japanese styling with a more tech background. Then you have another new style logo in Mega Man Zero, which to be honest was inspired by the logo change in the Japanese version, with Battle Network following the same lines. Despite this, the correct spelling appears in product listings and catalogues because of legal reasons. Check PSN or whatever, and despite the logo in the screenshots may be spelled together, the actual body of the text always spells it with a space. Even Mega Man 11's reveal trailer with the 30-years of history bit shows this.
tl;dr Mega Man in-game or on logos have never been consistent in the West, but it's official spelling has always been Mega Man in the West and has been registered as such, even if Capcom of A/E didn't follow it for a time. While I don't mind the use of Japanese logo, it really should have the space in there, but logos never had to adhere to correct spelling. Just look at Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth's logo for an example.

All that said, I do continue this as a stupid joke still, but I can argue for the case properly without mental gymnastics, if needed.

finally the faggots are going to stop whining about their dead gay franchise being dead and gay

you realize that the more time developers are spending on visual fidelity is less time they are spending on game design?

it fallows that:
1) Better graphics = More expensive
2) More expensive = Needing to sell more copies
3) Needing to sell more copies = Risk
4) Risk = Playing it safe
5) Playing it safe = catering to the Dean Takahashi of the world

Therefore, as long as the aesthetics are serviceable I have no complaints. People often forget that gameplay is more important than graphics and a huge contributing factor to the decline of good video games is the bloated cost of development. If you want to save the games industry then developers need to cut the fat (Voice actors would be what I would first remove). Sure visual artistry is important (and I hope they fix up the stiff animations), but "Looking like a PS2" game is not something that I hold against a perspective product. Idiots who pc mustard race idiots just fuel controlled obsolescence (have fun with that Intel CPU data mining you for the NSA/CIA with its subsystem MINIX OS).

I'm never going to stop.

RIDLEY CONFIRMED

somebody had a lot of fun with those call designs

shut the hell up user, its been shown time and time again the biggest money sink is marketing

Since we're on the topic of Megaman, exactly why do people think this unpolished but good game is one of the best in the Classic series? A shitload of the praise seems to be nostalgiafagging and the introduction of Rush/Proto Man (which that part is justified). Most of the weapons are pretty lackluster or plain shit like Spark Shot or Top Spin, there are numerous glitches and the castle stages are really short. 4 is much better in terms of quality yet journos and normalfags love to trash it because it was "unoriginal".

the music

But every Megaman game has good music.

man i walked right in to that one

Graphical fidelity is one thing, but this goes beyond just that. I don't mind that it doesn't look like the next big thing in gaming, but it looks fucking lazy. The design of it is boring as hell and there's very little visually interesting going on with it. If that changes then good, but if the devs can't even bother to make this game look decent compared to the ones that came 10-20 years before it then that's not a good sign at all.

100% agree. Snake Man's theme alone practically sells the whole soundtrack. MM3 is still fun enough for what it is, but "rough around the edges" is putting it lightly. Like you said, the music is fucking amazing, but the weapons are garbage (Top Spin might be kind of fun if it actually worked) and the boss weaknesses are poorly thought out. Glitches galore as well, tons of sprite flicker, and they actually fucked the menu up so bad that you can get the Rush items before you're supposed to if you get certain weapons first. Castle is poor with lackluster bosses, etc.

I think that rushing it for a holiday deadline worked on their end, and all of the cool new stuff (Rush, Break Man, sliding) was enough to outweigh all of that other stuff in the average kid mind. I wouldn't mind that people choose it as their favorite because they played it a lot as a kid, but when people say "well, everything after 3 wasn't that good", it's fucking obvious that they've never actually played them and/or are completely blinded by nostalgia. That's just retarded.

I really can't say for since as far as I see things, every classic Mega Man game is literally the same thing save for adding one new mechanic each time (not that's it's a bad thing.)
I'm playing the collection right now and so fair i'v enjoyed 3 and right now 5 the most.
The was something about playing 3 that had me in a zen state where shit just felt good to play, the slowdown that happens all the time is a negative, but refighting the bosses from Mega man 2 to is pretty damn cool.

and you know it's got Protoman. His helmet has sunglasses, and he wares another pair of sunglasses under the helmet.

You know what's weird? Playing the Complete Works version of games like Mega Man 3, being so used to the hard slowdown flickery moments via muscle memory then getting thrown off from the smoother movement. That Wily fight being smooth messes with you.

ice man makes me sad. what is he seeing?

Powered Up looks neat, I've been meaning to get around to trying it. Is it worth emulating? Also,
This doesn't quite add up

It was 2006. The world didn't know yet.

I thought it was really good it has a ton of replayablity since if you beat a robot master with only the megabuster you can play thought the whole game as them and every character has unique banter. although to me it comes off but that is better suited as a portable game that you pick up and play when you have to wait somewhere. trying to play as every character in a short amount of time one would likely get tiresome, since it's the same levels.

I want playable Roll.

This game needs the Super Adaptor.

That's a really good picture of Zero. Got any more?

There isn't a rule per se, but vols can totally remove jewtube links, the problem is that the issue is not that clear cut. People sometimes bitch about a removed embed that was apparently acceptable.

loli-roll is best roll
I want to hug her
also her hair tie is an infinity logo, nice

there is actually a fan made mmbn7 in the works that is true to the original and pretty far along

That actually looks shittier than Mighty No. 9. Good job, Capcom.

I want to bully Mega Man and force him to jerk his tiny dick off.

It only tells me that CAPCOM hasn't learned a thing

Its a shame they destroyed the franchise with X6 and X7 and refused to fix the mess with the other games

x5 was better though

You'd be better off playing the several Megaman fan games out there.

So you want a game that isn't megaman?
You say it as if that was bad.
With X7. X6 was rushed but it's good and it sold well. You should be complaining about how they don't give a shit about the other games instead of shit like DLC or making an actual megaman game even when no one asked for a new official one.

Normalfags have been demanding a new "Mainline" Mega Man games ever since his reveal in Smash.

pick one

user the only reason companies need to spend so muck on marketing is to justify the bloated budgets.

1) Lower cost of production = less sales necessary to break-even/profit
2) less sales necessary to break-even/profit = less risk
3) less risk = they don't need to spend a fortune on marketing

Fucking pleb.

i want a beat-em-up where you play as Hardman, Gutsman, Woodsman and Stoneman

They think that they want one but most of them only enjoy the series superficially through the music and fan-art. Most normalfags even think that MM2 is hard and the Dark Souls of platformers.

Since you already confessed your autism , please tell me what do you expect from a good Megaman game, and which games (or fangames) represent this ideal. I'd like to know I wrote "Megaman" on purpose, by the way

It looks very bland but honestly it's better than recycling 8 bit over and over.
Hopefully since it's late 2018 release they can polish it a bit.

I don't care about the graphics, his animations need to be fixed though.

I bet the Megaman series will "die" again as soon as the Big Bang Theory crowd realizes that they won't be getting Protomen: the Game.

Sheeit, can you look into the future again so you can tell me more about the game?

I'm pretty excited for this. I'm really digging the cel-shaded design everything has, it really makes everything pop. I'm also glad that Mega Man is getting back his charge shot and slide, cos it was fucking ludicrous to remove them in the first place. I also like some of the small details they added, like Mega Man's shooting hand glowing light blue when you've charged up your shot. And I guess Rush Coil is equipped to your normal buster now, which is useful.

If I had to give any criticism, it would be how his running animation looks like he has a stick shoved up his ass. I get that they wanted to replicate the running sprites from the old games, but he should not be that upright whilst running. Even MM8 got that right.

Powered Up is pretty great. The level creator is worth the price of admission alone, but then there's the ability to play as every robot master and Proto Man and the fucking challenge mode that actually a challenge for once. It's really brutal, like a hard flick to the nuts in video game form. I'd even go so far as to say it's the Dark Souls of challenge modes. Speaking of hard, if you want to burst every blood vessel in your head, make sure to play through the game as Oil Man on hard mode. You're welcome.

Mega Man 8 Roll a best. Speaking of, I really like that her MM11 design is a mix between this and her original design. I especially like how she now has a hoodie. Cute as fug.

errrrrghhh

Stop it with this shit. After MN9 there are tons of games that try to be spiritual successors for MM as is. Unless you're a fan of a side series there's not reason to be a battered wife over this IP. Better for it to die than to live on as a husk of what it once was.

I didn't say I didn't like them, X is one of my favorites. I just don't know of any games like BN, and that Legends fangame will take a while.

It also looks bland. I do like the design, but as every fucking recent 3D game that suspiciously looks like Unity, it looks like a fucking plastic model, cell-shade or not. It's awful. Stylizing 3D games is really fucking hard, and since they are not even trying, it doesn't look too good except for the "we added a bit of cel-shade!". They should have used MM8 designs period. I understand it's not a fan favorite, but it pretty much is the peak of how megaman should look like.
And Roll. Don't forget her panties.
You sound like a fucking faggot, though, user.

Wouldn't mind. With some luck the finished product will look better, but I highly doubt it.

At least there's Megaman Ciel.

The gameplay looks fine though, and the only really bad things are Megaman's animations and model

Which sucks, since you'll always be seeing it

Is there any chance capcom doesn't fuck this up?

I'm pretty indifferent on the whole "Mega Man" vs. "Megaman" thing. I know a lot of people here get worked up over it though.
As far as "what I expect from a good Megaman game", I've played and beaten 1-10 more times than I can keep track of. That being said, I'm not quite autistic enough to be able to lay out in exhaustive detail what works in a MM game and what doesn't. If you're looking for that, there's a guy on YouTube under the name GeminiLaser who does an excellent job of this. I highly recommend any Mega Man fan check out some of his videos.

But as for what I personally look for in a new Mega Man game, it really just boils down to "a reason for it to exist". As in, it needs to bring something new and worthwhile to the table while still being a fun, challenging game. Every single mainline game has brought something new and fun to the table, something different to keep things fresh while still staying true to what makes the series fun. MM2 introduced the Wily Castle, 8 masters instead of 6, and E Tanks. MM3 had the slide, Rush, and Proto Man. MM4 had a secondary villain (two castles) and Eddie. MM5 had Super Arrow, Beat, M Tanks, greater variety in level design, I think you get the point. These things didn't make the games great on their own, rather it was their presence combined with the amazing music, fun weapons, and tight controls all working in tandem to make for a truly fun time. Every game has a reason for me to go back and play it, a unique identifying feature that made each consecutive entry feel like it's own game instead of a rehash, something that a lot of casuals and retards incorrectly pin on 4-8. The rehash argument really only starts to work when you get into 9 and 10, but that's another topic entirely.

With this trailer for MM11, obviously the first thing I don't much care for is the graphics. I already said more on that in this post. I'm not saying it needs to be this great big 4K HD blow-your-dick-off leap into the next generation, but the art direction feels flat and uninspired. That can be set aside if the game is still fun, and since the game still has several unseen levels and plenty more development time left that could very well be the case. But as for this trailer (combined with Capcom's shitty track record the past few years), I have a really hard time seeing what's going to separate this as a worthy, mainline entry. I don't know much else to say besides it just doesn't look very promising. If this was a fan effort like MMxSF where some random unqualified Joes just threw it together based on nothing but passion for the series, I'd be a little more forgiving. But as a retail game coming from the company of people who should know better than anyone what goes into making a good MM game, this just looks and feels lackluster. I could go in circles all day and try to put my finger on it, but at the end of the day it's just a gut feeling that I can't go against. I can't say for sure until the game comes out, and believe me, I want this shit to be good more than anything else. I fucking love the MM games. But after MM Unlimited, MML3 (I will never not be pissed about that), MN9 (which I almost donated to, thank fucking god I didn't), and every other shitty MM thing that crashed and burned in the past 8 years, I'm more or less incapable of getting excited without knowing more about it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again.

Exactly. It's not even "the graphics are bad", they are not, they are fine, but it looks so boring, and you have to watch that as you play.

I think the real issue is that everything aside from MM himself looks pretty good, while he looks below average

It clashes, it's out of place

I KNEW that something felt wrong but I couldn't quite place it. All the enemies look like classic MM style but just brought into 3D. Mega himself is in a completely different style. Fuck that is jarring.

Don't hurt me.

They are trying to make him look more like the upcoming cartoon redesign.

I think it looks like it could be really fun. Nothing mindblowing, but still really fun. I hope Proto Man is playable because he's always been my favorite since he's just this chill, RADICAAAAL loner/wanderer sorta guy with a good sense of justice. Like another user brought up earlier, he wears a helmet with sunglasses on it, and then also wears sunglasses underneath said helmet. If that's not batshit levels of RAAAD I don't know what is.

This, I didn't get why it went back to 8-bit in the first place. Graphics weren't the problem.

There's a massive layer of irony in there somewhere, also post the 4 million edit.

Then they should have redesigned everything else too. It's jarring.

I think it looks fine. I prefer Mega Man's older design but I can't really hate this new one too much; it's still Mega Man and they didn't change anything too drastically.

Pure cancer, you know where it goes. At least that shithead Inafune is gone. Maybe if those hacks at Inti Creates are gone too this might have better level design than 9 and 10. With the emphasis on 3D faggotry I kind of doubt it'll be any good though.

Kind of a odd thing to be an accident. They kept it in varying degrees in X2 and X3 too.

I don't wonder that at all. Inafune is the reason the series went to shit in the first place and I still laugh at people who thought a project where he again had executive control like that would be any good.

This user gets it. 3D is fucking trash for 2D gameplay. It's also a problem that can creep up in 2D games if you go crazy with perspective. Like the Playstation Mega Man games, for instance.

Mega Man is the de facto franchise normalfags use for "gaymer cred"

fucking sucks when promises die on the wind.

Can't you mitigate it just by being generous with far the floors go?

I think the backgrounds look pretty good. But I feel there's something wrong with the characters. The animations look weird and they seem to have this tiny outline which makes them look like they're pasted on the screen instead of actually in the game.

We were warned.

The enviroments look prety empty and dull like a PSP game.

No, that's Zelda.

nu/v/ in a nutshell

Man just hearing that makes me want to play it again. MM6 is still my favorite out of the classic series.

Sounds like the type of music you hear on every youtube clickbait video

I don't see any problem there. That usually doesn't get in the way of gameplay and it's easier to tell apart after you play some time, unlike 3D graphics that constantly change perspective.

It's only human, user.

Fans make better megaman games than Capcom, so why bother? At this point people care more about a conclusion for the STORY in the derivate games than the gameplay itself.
Sure, but doesn't mean you can fucking leave an story in a cliffhanger.

So many things wrong with this. The graphics and environment are too clean and sterile. Megaman himself looks out of proportion with the rest of the enemies. While he's had VA before the one they used is tepid and out of place. Overall the game looks like it was thrown together by an amateur 3d modeler despite being an official game.

Has it really been eight years?

I couldn't care less honestly, original mega man is, like, the very last mega man i wanted to see again, and i don't trust capcom to be able to really do anything great with it anyways.

But user, falling back on the sanitized and soulless look of 2.5D platformers with absolutely no style or aesthetic cohesion is a regression of the worst kind. It looks exactly like Might No. 9 visually. That's not a good thing.

The point is that "hope" is understood as sitting around waiting for something good to happen, or for someone else to make it happen, rather than seeing opportunity to make it happen yourself.

That's probably the point. It's the single safest move they could possibly make in the current climate. It's the simplest version of the series, and the one that they can afford to fuck up. They can afford to do it cheaply and semi-competently while allocating minimal resources. There's no way that they don't know at this point that they've burned any and all goodwill with the fanbase. Failing to deliver something at least above average in any other series is begging for even more problems. Some number of normalfags and hipsters will buy an entry in Classic no matter what happens. If Legends 3, X9, or ZX3 bombs, no number of normalfags is going to save it.

OG Mega Man is actually my favorite of them all. I dig the art style and atmosphere the Classic series gives off; it's fun and campy like a Saturday morning cartoon, but filled with a lot of culture surrounding it and a bunch of neat character designs and style, all put into a damn nice game that does the concept justice. I felt X was a little too gritty for my tastes, and I liked Battle Network but some of the designs were a little too out there. Battle Network is probably my second favorite, now that I think about it.

Dropping the 8bit facade of MM9\10 will be their first and last mistake.

That's not hope, retard, that's being proactive. Hope by definition is what you want can be had or something turning for the best.
It's also one that can be fucked up easily. The 3D graphics are a fucking bold move, specially considering MN9 failure. Sticking to 8-bit style was the safest thing they could have done.
That's mostly because they are pretty niche. Even if they manage to deliver, I doubt they would sell well, except for Legends after the whole controversy of 3 being cancelled.

It doesn't look bad, but it certainly isn't worthy of a buy just yet.
If it comes out on the Switch, I'll consider it - maybe. The animation is fine, but far enough from perfect that it makes me cringe. I want the Mobile Network style back.

Fuck make a mobile network game for fucking phones already, shitheads. That's a free idea fucking take it and do it already jesus christ on a stick.

That running animation is not, by any means, fine.

I didn't notice anything wrong with it.

(Checked)
It IS coming to Switch.

It reminds me of how he walked in Mega Man & Bass 2, actually.