QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

First question is:
What kind of hardware do you need/use to run emulation really well. Mostly interested in PCSX2 and Dolphin. I mean specifics, not just "about Intel-K-series, oc to 4,2GHz, and nVidia 1080+ something".

I use fairly old oc:d hardware that, for some ironic reason, works really well with CEMU and Dolphin. I can play BotW in near 30fps overworld. And everything works fast and fine in Dolphin.

My rig is: Intel Wolfdale 3,9Ghz Core2Duo, P5Q-Pro, R7 270, DDR2-1200GHz memory and some SSD RAID:s. Slightly stripped Win 7. Shit's old, but most new games run just fine, like Dark Souls 3, and emulation is great. it's nearly 10 years old processor, for fucks sake

I'm seriously afraid to upgrade my PC because I fear it will actually be a downgrade. Upgrading tips needed.

Here is my second question:
Would you like to see more of the "bad games post throughs" threads. I did a few of them in the past, and I'm not sure if you want them. They are kinda shitty, but I see them as a good cytostatic. Tell me what you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Pentium G4600 @ 3.60GHz&id=2921
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
lmgtfy.com/?q=Forbidden Castle Cainhurst
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wow, your PC is horrendous. Just get ryzen for now. 1600 or 1600x and you'll feel a world of difference in everything.

Yes, my rig is fucking horrible, but somehow it out performs most mid tier rigs of today. And that worries me. I mostly just emulate and play some new games. Like Dark Souls 3, that runs just fine, and emulation is great.

My problem is that if I build a new rig, it might perform worse than the near/over 10years old one…

Thanks for the comment though, I think I'm going AMD on the next build. Their new processor shit just looks great.

Yeah OP, real shit computer.

I'm using a i7 3770 which is 5 years old. The new range is maybe 20% more efficient and 20% more powerful. Big fucking deal, Intel.

no, it really doesn't. also you have a serious bottleneck.

I want to play all the command & conquer games, but I have Win10 and on widescreen
I remember trying OpenRA quite a while ago, but if I recall correctly you had to do some fuckery to get the FMVs to work properly, I loved those hammy cutscenes where everyone acknowledged me as the commander in RA2, but I couldn't get them to work at the time

dunno if I should bother playing them all, I might get burnout

So you insist on keeping making these threads, huh OP?

Why, exactly, do you expect something new to be a downgrade? single core performance? Your current cpu is roughly equivalent to an a8.

How many dicks can OP suck?

How big is Klonoa's dick?

GPD Win, is it worth the effort to get it set up to be able to play games on, or wait until a hopefully better UMPC comes along.

True, but it does a real difference, sometimes it's really good.

No, my shitty computer is shit, but it still performs the single threaded stream-calculations faster than your 16 thread 8core 2,8Ghz beast. And you know it's true. Still going to upgrade to Ryzen. It just looks good.

If you like C&C look for a torrent or just go igg. I'm pretty sure that the Generals is still played. It's has a really fun multiplayer. RA2 is the most fun. C&C:generals is hard to get working on modern machines, but I have a few tips if you can't do it.

Because the actual performance of the cpu is not so great. I know for a fact that i5 7600K or something 3,8 Ghz, is way worse than my Core2Duo. But overclocking might get it near the performance I get from the old C2Dfucker.

It would break my soul to buy a processor that performs like the ones 10 years ago. I might be too hard on this, but still. I would like to get a better cpu than the 10y old I have.

things that haven't been relevant in the PC space since 2012

also no, single threaded wise it falls far behind.

If only I could ignore this retard.
Right, I can't. You are full of shit. Not only single core performance is the most important thing in any program design, it is also the most important thing in complex game engine development. Asset streaming is based on computing cores, are they GPU or CPU. Maybe next time I tell you more.

This fucker

is full of shit.

I'm out. I hope this thread helps someone. In maybe 12 hours I'll be back answering questions that don't deserve answering…

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread, Or Do They?
(GTDDTOTODT)

Thoughts on 240hz monitors?

I don't see what's the problem?
PCSX2 and Dolphin work best with intels. Most emulators don't use multicore, with the exception being RPCS3. Why are you asking here? Nothing's stopping you from testing out MGS3 and Metroid Prime. If you have no problems with your build, why do you need to ask the question? Do you just feel the need to waste money?
And, as Moore's Law has proven time and time again, if you wait a few years, you can get something even better for cheaper.

Single core performance has plateaued in the past few years, and most i5s will perform better than an E8600. I'm going to assume you're lying to yourself unless you show us some proof.
And single core performance doesn't mean much in game engine development, and I say that as a developer. All the new engines use multicore, and more games are making use of multicore since both ps4 and xbone have 8 core CPUs. If you insist on playing new games, you should get something better than 2 cores.
On a general basis (not games specifically), an algorithm with a long execution time is going to finish only slightly faster when using a faster processor. It's basic math; having the algorithm execute on two threads will divide the execution time in half, and more threads even further. A 2-core CPU with good single-threading will perform worse than a 4-core CPU with worse single-threading, as long as the program uses multithreading. While old games don't use multithreading, they do now, and if that's what you care about, then forget about single-core.
I also find it funny how you say in that you'll upgrade to Ryzen, despite the fact that every Ryzen CPU has shit single-core in comparison to the i5 7600k you specifically mentioned, pic related. AMD is shit for single-core and is most useful for adults who do real work with their computers.

Too expensive to justify the diminishing returns. Input lag is the real bottleneck, anyways, so you're better off getting one of those CRT monitors

Anyone else played Ultima Online Renassiance? I cannot fucking log in.

What's worse?

A Lemon Party or Grape Jelly and Potatoes?

is baten kaitos worth a buy?

Are people saying that running Persona 5 on RPCS3 is easy if you don't have a toaster full of shit?

Oh christ, this cancer topic is infecting this board too? Here's a question: what's the push for fucking generals on boards?

Stop trying to police content, reddit.

I'm going to assume that your PC is incapable of emulating consoles or you are religious in some sense. In the first case, you better upgrade that anytime soon. On the second case though, oh well, just buy the damn thing and pray that it's good.

Depending on someone else's opinion to judge if something is "worth" is not really wise, unless we are talking about classics. For reference, I don't know one person who likes, praises and it's eager to discuss my all-time favorite game, and is still my all time favorite game. If you asked people if my favorite is "worth" a buy, they'll probably ignore you and you maybe missing a fantastic experience, and you could avoid that by simply pirating, but hey, nothing against your religion or your poverty.

These threads only started happening here in 2017. Quit trying to pretend that anyone who has a problem with them is a redditor.

Sometime close after it came out, but not so close that it couldn't be bought at a ridiculous price, I got it and played through it. I remember enjoying my time with it quite a lot, but found a remarkable amount of the dialog either stilted or cringey, especially when directed at the player. Still the presentation is lovely, the gameplay can be satisfying if you enjoy deckbuilding in your RPG's, and the backstory of the world is interesting enough to make up for the blandness of the MC. I do remember being frustrated that the best items in the game go bad in your inventory over time, but it's not a huge problem, just make sure to look up the best combos online if you don't stumble upon them.

As for worth a buy now? Unless it's at a standard MSRP or lower I'd say fuck no. It's an ok game, nothing fantastic, just ok. Of the hundreds of games I've played I remember it for only the reasons outlined above, and this uniqueness is not worth more than its release price.

Google hasn't helped me. All my streetpass puzzles have been erased. All my games and other data is fine, just that. That was one of my favourite things about the 3DS. Are they salvageable? I never even removed my DAD once.

Nah

I've got a question. Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I’m definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye’s spinach. I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

That's cute and all but is there any vidya character who can beat Dio Brando?
And I'm not talking about Phantom Blood Dio,the orphan kid with the power to kick dogs into furnaces and his secret switchknife ready to kill jojo, nor am I talk about later Phantom Blood Dio with the power of the stone mask and after becoming a vampire, which gave him inhuman strenght, speed and senses, as well as the ability to drink blood and regenerate himself,hell I'm not even talking about Phantom Blood Dio after the first fight,where he gets Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and the ability to freeze by touch,actually I'm not even talking about Stardust Crusaders Dio either,with the powers of a vampire,Jonathan's body and his stand 'The World',and I'm not talking about Stardust Crusaders Dio,after absorbing Joseph's blood and being able to stop time using 'The World' for almost 8 seconds,and I'm not even talking about Jojo:Heritage for the Future story mode Dio,where he absorbs Jotaro and Joseph's blood and ruins over the world.But hell,I'm not even talking about part 7 alternate universe Dio,with the power to turn himself into a dinosaur by using his stand from the corpse parts called [Scary Monsters],and nor am I talking about late part 7 Dio,where he gets recruited by Funny Valentine to defeat Johnny,and has the ability to stop time with a younger version of [The World].
I'm talking about Dio after attaining heaven alongside Pucci from the game 'Eyes of Heaven' for PS4,with the powers of a powered up The World pressumed to be '[The World Over Heaven]' who has also gotten slightly fat and purple skin with longer hair and the ability of Rohan's Stand ' Heaven's door who's able to rewrite and modify memories of whoever he wants,alongside with being able to stop time for up 10 seconds and presumed to be alongside his sons Giorno,Donatello,Ugalo and Rikiel,each with a different stand and still his old vampire powers(freezing others and Space Ripper Stingy Eyes) and as well as his ability to fly and his abundant arsenal of knifes and other dirty tricks and the actual ability of [THE WORLD OVER HEAVEN] that is to rewrite reality so he can beat any other stand in the series by simply rewritting reality so that the person becomes his ally instead, effectively allowing him to control any being in the entire universe with his overwhelming power, and let's not forget of course about the strongest punches in the world that go in FTL speed, his previously mentioned vampire abilities(Stinger eyes, inhuman senses, freeze by touch) as well as his stands perfect power and his amazing intellect.Who couldn't be beat by any being in za entire world.

For once I'm gonna entertain these pastas with an answer.
Reimu.
Seriously 2hu powerlevels are just fucking stupid.

2hu is just fuking stupid in general. only man children like it.

Get a load of this faggot.

I need some help. I got a new laptop with an MX150 GPU and downloaded Red Faction Guerrilla on Steam, only to find out that it boots up with a white screen everytime I try to run it. The game runs just fine on my desktop but I was wondering if there was a way to fix this?

What else does Denuvo do to your PC besides tank performance and destroy your SSD, I really wanna get Nier Automata and heard the assburger who has the fixes locked it for pirated copies.

Just download the fitgirl repack, it has the "fixed" version of that mod.

Any "metroidvania" recommendations? Finished Aria of Sorrow and still craving for more. Bonus points if can run on a crappy laptop.

Unfortunately no. All of the recommendations you'll get will just be metroid-like, with none of the weapon/armor customization and RPG-ish elements that make up "Igavania" games. You'd be better off just hoping that Bloodstained doesn't turn out to be shit like I am.

I'd like some opinions on Mordheim:City of The Damned, Silent Storm Gold and Bastard Bonds.

Are there any comfy sandbox PC games that's similar to DQ:Builders?

Question 1: What is the very best game to deus vult in?

Question 2: What is the best game to have the Christmas comfys

1 Warband, i think there is module for that on moddb

2 last year I put "what is love" on the loop and played EDF on hardcore with my very fat fencer

Wow you are stupid. GHz =/= actual CPU speed, single threaded or not.
GHz is merely the speed at which the transistors cycle in your CPU, not the actually efficiency, design, or number of said transistors.
A 7600k even UNDERCLOCKED to 1GHz would likely be leagues better than any Core2Duo, even on a 32-bit single threaded process.

Mountainblade Warband with a crusader mod.

Bayonetta 2 or Metro 2033 are pretty decent, although for comfy there might be better games around.

Hollow Knight
Darksiders 2 except it's kinda shit

So does that mean I have a beast of a CPU?
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Pentium G4600 @ 3.60GHz&id=2921

Well it's WAY faster than OP's Core2Duo that's for sure. The G4600 is pretty decent.
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz

Good thread, shit question. Learn how to hardware, user.

Th-thanks CS?

Driver problems perhaps?

So true. A real shame.

Try and prove that you need a PC older than a 2010 one for anything

These Threads Don't Deserve Their Own Questions

When do you think the good games are going to come back again? If I'm completely honest with myself, the last couple of years have had a few quite decent releases, so it's taken a decade to get from over-saturated shovelware to absolute shit to what we now have, which could be considered mediocre in average.
And why do games run slower when my non-OS drive is filled up?

What mab is this game from?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Forbidden Castle Cainhurst

wew I forgot reverse image search was a thing. Thanks man.

I assume your trolling here right?

was this (you) OP?