PREY

This game has some of the most retarded design choices I've ever seen.

I could've forgiven the fact that the plot is absolute dogshit if the gameplay was solid but it's literally just a rip-off Bioshock that manages to be even worse than Bioshock.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=lD06adeasRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10 years ago I never would have thought that I'd never want to see another system shock style game in my life.

I'm not even gonna mention the stupid Nightmare concept, which can completely break the game if you're unfortunate enough to have it spawn in one of those areas where there's only one way forward, so unless you've managed to pack lots of laser ammo and have a shitton of health, you're basically screwed out of being able to complete the game without cheating.

Like it's flawed to the point I'd rather take up CryEngine modding to fix it than play it again, but don't just start spreading lies

SS1 and SS2's weapons were unbalanced as hell, most stuff in SS1 was just reskinned redundancy whereas in SS2 most weapons outside standard weaponry weren't even worth using, but then again these kind of games never needed tons of weapons since there's always a shit ton of other options to explore. The weapons in Prey are at least varied enough to be worth using in their own situations which can come up frequently
You better not be shitting on the nerf crossbow
Why would you be playing this like Thief? Stealth is at most used to get the first strike and drop on enemies, not to ghost through the whole game. Besides, you're better off possessing things if you want to sneak past
Shoot them with the fucking nerf crossbow
What? I'd practically never run out of mineral material, but then again I'd hoard as much whenever possible, exotic stuff is much rarer even though you'll be spending minerals more often. It's another thing entirely if you waste all your mats crafting more ammo than you really need.
What? I usually find myself hitting more shit than I actually intend when using the shotgun
You can just wait until it goes away

That first video is actually pretty cool. Is there a lot of non-combative applications for that crossbow?
Unsure about the squeeky noise though.

It was easily the most mediocre game I've seen in years. It's not bad to the point I can't really hate it but also not good in any way to deserve praise.

It's deceptively useless, it can be used for activating buttons from a distance, triggering Cyst Nests from a distance (after which the Cysts will chase and kamikaze the foam dart you just shot), as a way of distracting enemies, and interacting with computer screens

the game just looks so stilted and sterile

wew

Why did they call it fucking Prey? Prey isn't a household name, hardly anyone gave a fuck even when the game was new, even less these days. Looks like shit too, no idea why anyone would give it a second look.

petty feelings towards another studio, having already spent money on the IP and wanting to establish it as something (as you said its not a hosuehold name.)

not hard to figure this stuff out

Whoa, it's not like zenimax to make shit games.

You what's a retarded choice?
Playing western games after 2007 to begin with.

What's with weebs and not being able to speak English?

another goon pedophile

But that's a trait of weebs.

Do you offended yankee boi?
To bad fuck you.

Because Prey 2 was supposed to be an open world first person RPG thing and Zenimax is horrified of competition. This is also why they nabbed and gutted Arkane.

sure thing neofag

So literally Xenoblade X?
It didn't fly too good.

Hello Jeremy.

In all fairness, Arkane were shit studio anyways

kek

gee it sure is codex around here

yeah, dark messiah was an accident and even what was salvaged shows some serious problems you can't address without upsetting Holla Forums for questioning Holla Forums-corem. arx fatalis was ok but they never really made a game that was better than ok.

You mean when already under zenimax. Wow!

They made the games. The blood is on their hands. You're the type of nigger fanboy who probably thinks Kojima did nothing wrong when MGSV was fucking up too.

Funny how different their games are when they were free from zenimax and after.

yeah, before zenimax they made arx fatalis which was just another ultima underworld with ms paint functionality and then made an ubisoft game that was half finished

He accidentally a word.

Funny how their half finished game was better than most of the games of that period. oblibion included

I figured I might as well

There's a lot of cool shit you can pull off in this game, unfortunately it's balanced so poorly that just reusing one strategy over and over will let you max out every useful skill while letting you hoard tons of Neuromods, yet casuals are still too moronic to understand you can't just shoot or whack everything from up front and believe that the game is actually hard. When are we going to get the survival mode anyways? It's been seven months now.

What the fuck is with all these faggot OPs being outright wrong about the shit they spew? Jesus christ
The weapon variety is limited but the nerf crossbow isnt meant for stealth you shit, what did you do? Shoot a fucking nerf dart at a phantom and get mad when it bounced off? "Stupid fucking broken stealth mechanics!" It even gives you a tutorial telling you what the crossbow is for you stupidass
God man, im dogshit at stealth games and I was still able to consistently get stealth attacks on the enemies with the wrench, how bad are you?
You can just shoot them with the gloo gun dude, or throw some shit at them and have them chase that, did you just fly into them as fast as possible and hope not to die?
Worst part about that is the lights flickering violently and having a hard time not seizing up and going catatonic, do you dislike any game thats dark?
If you played the fucking game you'd know by later the exotic material becomes the most valuable and you end up with and over-abundance of everything else, again how bad are you?
Wow.
The time-slow one is the only power worth using if you're using that logic, it just outright removes difficulty from the fucking game, again you clearly don't know anything

That's an issue with most immersive sims. There really is no reason not to use stealth whenever you can, and the games encourage you to hoard shit and never use it. This was a problem with both SS games and Deus Ex, you really don't spend anything doing stealth, and there is no reason not to go for the stealth approach because combat forces you to waste a ton of resources. I wish someone could figure out a way to balance this shit already so I don't go around swimming in ammo and grenades midway through the game. Thief games do this perfectly by making your money a temporary commodity, to be used only for the next mission, so you're encourage to stock up on stuff and actually use it.

it was OK but ultimately very sloppily designed. Couldn't decide if it wanted to take a deus ex like approach to level design with open approaches or be a linear corridor game with some minor exploration. performance tanked too often because they forgot to run vvis on a few maps and enemies became damage sponges. game play mostly devolved into kill the enemies in the quickest way possible by kicking them into conveniently placed spike traps or into pits. enemy attacks also had odd hit rays for their attacks, likely because source uses the maps origin for casting of hit scan rays for melee attacks and this can result in really inconsistent ranges.

overall they made a lot of poor decisions and even the technical decisions had detrimental impacts to game play.

Nier is console garbage.

Redundant hitlor.

The real crime is that nobody picked up where Dark Messiah left off. If Bethesda was anywhere near competent they'd just ditch their "RPG" mechanics and copy and improve the combat of Dark Messiah and dump it into an open world. That would basically fix the vast majority of gameplay issues that TES games tend to have. All they need to do then is hire competent writers and they'd actually manage to shit out a good game for once.

You're a bitch ass nigga

You can play trough with using guns only 20% of enemy encounters at most, i'm greedy as fuck when it comes to hoarding ammo and wrench fucking kills 90% of enemies.
rinse and repeat, if there are more enemies then you use guns but most of the time i've managed to lure them one by one due to how aggro system works.

As i said, stealth is for getting drop on enemy with god's mace aka wrench, not for ghosting around. And it serves it purpose well, plus i bet you didn't even look around - many obsticales can get cleared by scouting high above and climbing up.

you can toss anything their way and they charge the moving object exploding as they collide with it. You tried to meele kamikaze turmos? Would you meele AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA too? Fucking retarded.

As i mentioned i'm a greedy fuck and always hoard shit, i've found myself building mostly neuromods - never needed extra ammo or anything else. If you run'n'gun this game you're doing it wrong.

Bitch, shotgun was my favorite aside from god's mace

possessing shit works when you're creative. And tbh it was quite fun to run from technopaths at first because they would rape your shit only to face them later with psychopowers and watch them run away in horror from superior being that threatens their existence.

WY CHUJE

Dark Messiah combat is for dungeons. If you put it in an open environment it will be mostly power attack spam. I guess you can kinda forgive that on the overworld since that is more exploration and sight seeing focused anyway. But they would still need to use their brain for dungeons design. And well… its fucking Bethesda.

Suck my dick, choke on it

The easy solution is to contain humanoid enemies in camps/dungeons/interest points and non humanoid enemies that have to be beaten by more gimmicky but also satisfying means (hard points/puzzles/platforming etc) in the less populated/non interest areas.

Isn't that hot garbage?

Open world doesn't necessarily have to mean open fields. Map design and combat go hand in hand, and I fail to see why the combat wouldn't with a few tweaks. Obviously, melee combat needs to be refined, and kicking shouldn't actually catapult enemies, especially if they are facing you.

I still don't understand how they can manage to consistently fuck up both melee and ranged combat despite having bought both Arkane and id. Then again, the people that play their garbage don't seem to mind, so why bother making an effort?

Its Ghotic 2 with guns
They somehow managed to make a better game than Riven 1 somehow after all these years.
So no
hooktube.com/watch?v=lD06adeasRs

They bought Arkane and Id specifically so they'd never have to up their game. Kill off anyone who could possibly raise the gamers' standards and you'll never have to improve.

Here's the only thing Prey did that was pretty terrible: Being called "Prey".
If the game was instead "Black Rape Tentacles: The MindRape", the game would be incredibly fine and touted as TECHNOLOGY for the many uses a lot of powers you have can server.

But because it was called Prey, everyone expected it to be a follow up to old Prey and plays it like a standard shooter. Protip: that doesn't work unless you know very fucking well what you're doing.
The game is more of a successor to System Shock 2 than Bioshock ever was, the Psy powers fit the setting better, and are more original as are the skill progression and crafting. It's a very fun and well done game that picks everything fun and good both from Bioshock and from System Shock 2 and makes something pretty great with it (except the hacking minigame, I guess).

Oh, there's also the issue that it was published by Bethesda. This leads to people not even giving it a fair try or a pirate and therefore they'll talk out of their ass because of their (justified) hate for Bethesda, so the game suffers from that.

TL;DR If the game was called "Black Tentacles: the Mind Rape" and was published by anyone else, it would be loved by everyone universally and hailed as GOATY.

>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/resetera/
>>>/suicide/
covfefe

These are all good point. But you are forgetting one thing. The original poster just said Bethesda would just have to copy DM's combat but DM comabt needs other systems built around it like in the original games to work best and Bethesda just won't bother/can't do that.

I really depends on the area. For instance The Throat of the World and Riften could have been godlike if done right with the DM combat since well one is a mountain and the other is a city on 2 levels but Whiterun hold and that one other city are basically a flat swamp and a valley. Maybe in the valley they could have strategical cracks in the earth.

Say what you will about CDPR their games but it did kind of fuck over Bethesda in that relation.

TWO SCOOPS

That doesn't really answer why they're calling the game Prey when it has nothing to do with the first game or the cancelled sequel. Corporations seem to have this obsession with brand "recognition" even if said brand was never popular to begin with. They seem to have a pathological fear of trying to create new things.

I don't really care they called it Prey since Prey 2 was already dead and gone, I care that it's a washed down clone of SS2 that fails to live up to the game it's aping, just like BioShock. It's a dumb game made for dumb people that pretends to be deep and complex.

If your problem is the lack of chokepoints then those are easy to add without disrupting the look of the map. There's nothing really limiting you from taking the DM gameplay and adding a few more powers to use in more open areas.

Oh no, I absolutely agree with that, Dark Messiah combat would surely be a step above Bethshits combat even if copypasted, but the game would still be shit and boring regardless unless plenty of game and elvel design was revamped to accomodate said combat.
Something Bethesda will never do because Reddit and normalfags buying their garabge and fellating it regardless.
Kinda like the fucking Berserk Musou

Why do goons get so assblasted with typos?
Is it their inherent insecurity so they desperately latch onto anything to try and show they're intelectual?

It's part damnatio memoriate and part rewriting history.

Yes, the more passive agressive the better
And as bad as that fucker is at least he isn't this faggot

Autism and the fact they have nothing concrete to argue back with, so they have to resort to nitpicking and dropping leftist powerwords in hope of shutting down discussion.

Oh come the fuck on. What weapons do you have in SS2?
Normal firearms have the pistol and the machinegun being exactly the same shit but one has an higher rate of fire.
Energy Weapons is a laser pistol and a laser rifle. And a laser saber that doesn't do much anyway.
Most creative you can get with is with the grenade launcher and it's multiple grenades and even that it's nothing compared with the GLU cannon of Prey that lets you build platforms, combos with melee and is used for environmental puzzles or simply building roadblocks.

Psi Powers in SS2 are not that amazing, some being simple "recover health" or "generic buff" and the rest of character growth is stat-increasing only that's fairly shit since for the most part there's only a noticeable difference every 3 levels anyway.
Compared to that, the skill trees in Prey are much better.

Even research in SS2 is simply collecting chemicals and having enough skill, gating it according to how far you went in the story. And most results are just damage upgrades. Meanwhile in Prey, research involves tense moments in combat or using stealth, plus it unlocks more skills besides the simple stat upgrades.

Outside of that, you have far more ways to solve every situation you find in Prey than most situations there were in SS2 that ultimately boiled down to "bring X item to Y location" for most of the game.

No, fucking kill yourself

Yes and the same people who made NV made Pillars of Eternity.
You seem to be missing the fact that studios change.

Grab'em by the two scoops.

Dark Messiah was great

Dishonored 1 was mediocre
2 and nu-Prey are trash

This is fact.

I'm sorry (you) can''t face the truth, Arckanecuck.
Enjoy Harvey Smith's aids

You seem to be missing the fact that Arkane is shit now, and doesn't deserve an ounce of respect since shitting out Cuckhonored

NuPrey was also mediocre, its wasted potencial and poor execution but I wouldn't say its outright trash besides the fucking diversity fucking trash

You even admitted it yourself, Arkane went to shit the moment Zenimax bought them, before that they were pretty good.
This sis really shitty bait

So we agree. Why are you being such a faggot about it?

I give New Vegas a pass on this shit because you can actually avoid combat, or be a sneaky jew throwing dynamite, or whatever. But if a game has shit combat, but still forces you into combat constantly, I'm not going to put up with it, no matter how good the story is.

eat the bullet

lol mad?

Thats great son
>>>/cuckchan/

this what they mean when they say Holla Forums doesn`t have any standards
NONE of that shit listed is even remotely important here
it all fits into disaster on cramped space station design scenario

So you didn't read the OP?
OP is a fag that barely scratched the surface of the games issues and mechanics, but he has some decent points and his last statement is true.

Cool tumblr gif faggot. You really needed those two frames to express yourself

t. le retrotrap gaymer

this isnt the /r9k/, nobody cares

That crossbow opening the door was cool until I realized he could have just hopped through the window.

>>>/reddit/

Actually any tumblr material can be dealt a b&, shitty newfag

Why are so many "player-driven" games so fucking abysmal at player agency? It's like things have done nothing but stagnate since the release of Deus Ex and Blood Money.

Binary story related flags are easier to program and test than actual interactivity.

Speak for yourself, faggot. Those six frame gifs of subtitles are abysmal and should be purged.

This game was made for edgy faggots

it needs to be reiterated:

deus ex took the really easy way out, and it doesn't even stick the landing when reflecting player agency.

I prefer 2006 one.

That's what they did, though, as far as the narrative is concerned; you can break it down as a flowchart and you can't really even derail it. The little things that added up to make the game feel so good and compelling had very little to do with the story outside of minor dialogue changes and were in the player's interaction with the environment, like being able to get in and out of Maggie Chow's Condo without being detected, stealing login information from various computers or loosing the critters on MJ12 troops in the labs. Being able to interact with the environment and NPCs in whatever way that you wanted - to roleplay, in other words - is the reason that DX is still so enjoyable decades later.

I've never understood this, I got a ton of pictures from Google image. Who cares about the source?

Deus Ex is one of the few games that has real replay value.

I'm talking about the kind of stuff where your agency is dictated entirely by canned dialogue options, like a Bioware game. The fact that how you play a level is even considered at all in Deus Ex puts it heads and shoulders above many RPGs.
A really infamous case of a game not doing this is using blood magic in Dragon Age with no one seeming to comment on it despite it being badong. Even worse, you can let the one character who goes on and on about how blood magic is evil use blood magic and the game doesn't even react to it.

There were bars on the window, brainlet.

Not to mention a 750 Ti barely runs it even though the consoles have a less powerful GPU and still run the game alright.

Don't consoles run it at 30fps?

Looks like it.
The 750 Ti has severe texture loading issues though. Pic related is a different game, but that's the sort of issue I ran into. Luckily the demo runs alright on a 480, maybe I'll have to swap the 750 Ti in again and actually bring up the frame counter.

I didn't love the game but:

It does those. Its makes them especially suitable as a spawning pool for HIV.

I don't own the game myself but 750 is what I have as well, and I thought I remembered looking up a video that showed it performed alright at lowered settings. I could be misremembering

Eh, the 750 isn't my main GPU anymore, I just replaced my RX 480 with it to test out a $3 dell CRT. I ended up testing out some newer games, because why not?

It may have been the motion blur tripping me up, but you could probably download the demo and test it yourself. It's what I did.

What? Maybe on the higher difficulties, I dunno, I just played it on normal because I didn't give enough of a fuck to put a lot of effort into it unless I knew it was going to be good and worth the effort.

Nightmares are piss-easy. You just use that combat focus power, run up to it, and shoot it in the nutsack about 10 times. It's already slow, so with slow-motion in effect you can down it before it even has a chance to wind up for an attack.

I seriously thought it was a joke enemy or a design oversight at first.

Maybe you should get gud. I didn't find it very challenging so I even played the game on hard.

Hey OP, I beat this game blind focusing on stealth using only the wrench on the hardest difficulty no problem (and the game was pretty fun). Maybe you should git gud.

Also only skills from the "human" tree or whatever the fuck it is called

Eat shit Todd

OP is the one saying how hard and difficult the game is. If anything he is the one shilling.

Why are you saging my sages? Fact of the matter is the game is a good System Shock clone. As long as you're not retarded like OP, take the harvesting skill first and you can fabricate nearly infinite neuromods.

Aside from the stupid title issue, it seems like a decent enough System Shock-type game.

You clearly didn't play it. I'm not here to shill though, just to let OP know he has a disability. Bye

the nightmare is just pure wasted potential and kinda highlights a lot of the little problems in the game that add up into a fun but mediocre overall experience.

Everything on the surface about the nightmare sounds cool: a monster that only shows up if you've been eating too many neuromods/upgrading typhon powers or going into the one area I believe and is thus more or less inherently reactive to player behaviour and can change from game to game, user to user.

It should also be what it's called: a Nightmare. a hyper dangerous nigh-unstoppable force chasing the player relentlessly throughout the station and only leaving when the player has managed to successfully evade it in the area they're in, or it decides to fuck off if they've crawled under a desk hidden like the coward they are, or if they engage in a desperate resource draining, battle to the death. The last one should be something not even considerable until late game when they've built the skills/resources to do so.

INSTEAD we get basically an XP pinata that is easily cheesed with the various magic powers and souped up weapons the player has been hoarding. From the get-go the Nightmare is a chump that acts more as a super-Typhon that behaves very similarly and beyond its spooky music and hulking mass, really isn't that tough to gank. In reality though you can either hide somewhere for two minutes (boring) carry on as usual (not as boring but annoying) or just get a first-attack on it and lay into it with your abilities and essentially out-DPS it before there is any resemblance of a threat (optimal, most fun, retarded story-wise).

this alone started the game half-deep in shit before anyone even played it

System Shock 2 actually lets you skip all the bullshit of the first 2 thirds of the game by simply remembering the password for the right elevator. This game has been described to me by various people who played it as being a back and forth that couldn't be skipped and tyhey didn't have the time for that.

Don't come back >>>/cuckchan/

If you've never played System Shock, sure.

Guilty as charged. I've played a few minutes of the Prey demo, and it was alright, but I don't own the full game.
Maybe I should actually play that copy of SS2 that I have.

I'm just calling OP a casual. If you agree with him then you are also one.

Nothing will beat the first 2 SS games but Prey was clearly trying to be a new SS.

>>>/cuckchan/

Then play those first before posting stupid shit.

Grow a few brain cells, this is Prey: Chinese/American Space Station 13.

You're a fucking faggot. Nothing you say is relevant in any way. I had a completely inverted experience to yours: Learn how to aim, learn how to find and recycle items, learn how to see, just learn how to stop being such a cock sucking faggot holy shit.

The only major flaw I found with the game is no multiplayer prop hunt. The game has prop hunt written all fucking over it, they could have made buckets of dough.
But on another note, what the fuck is wrong with you people? If you type like a retard and people call you a retard, it's not because they're from some other fucking place. Jesus Christ. You and all your supporters here are cancerous faggots of a degree unheard of. Clearly you should go back to wherever you came from, where people are fucking terrible at games, have bad opinions and like anime. Gaia Online, I reckon.

Probably going to have this as my next game. Need a break from third person swords and magic, so it won't be Nioh.

If all I get is a decent game that keeps me busy for a week or two I'm fine with that.

Daily reminder that the studio went to shit when Zenimax bought it.
Arx Fatalis and Dark messiah are god tier games.
Dishonored was half cucked with the rest being streamlined shit.

Lo do I await the day that a game is released that combines the magic and fighting system of their first two games.

So wait, it's casual but at the same time it is too hard for OP? Why are you defending OP? Are you OP?

thats all you'll get user. It's got a decent length minus some padding with the "go back here for this reason" stuff but in general you can expect a highly okay experience thats actually kinda scary at first with some neat ideas mixed into some stuff that doesn't quite work

It's worth it on a sale or a pirate since fuck Bethesda but the best bang for your buck is divinity original sin 2. It can keep you busy for weeks and if you have a thread even longer.

Or play Half-Life or Voyager Elite Force for the 50th time.

I'm a fag and can't into isometric RPGs. I've tried, but they just don't do it for me unfortunately. Already pirated it, just weighing my games. Plus, even if I liked them, I really need a break from swords, stats, leveling, choices, monsters, magic etc.

I'll take decent time waster for now.

most of them just aren't very good. I haven't really found a good one yet, and I'm waiting on a reasonable explanation of why people find them entertaining.

The same reason people enjoy any RPG. Isometric RPGs were around before it got casualized. The best parts of RPGs are choices. That includes stat management, combat, dialog, ect. If you don't like Isometric RPGs than maybe RPGs aren't for you.
Also Divinity Original sin 2 is literally the best RPG to come out in years and the last game to come even close was New Vegas.

I'm not a big fan of turn based combat I guess. I like to have control and have to overcome combat directly instead of just reading "you dodged" or "you hit".

I can't fucking stand Larian's attempts at humor.

Then ignore it. DOS 2 definitely has better writing than the first though.

I used to feel the same as you until I started playing Chess and realizing how much fun turn based can be. It's especially fun with friends when you gamble a move and it fucks up killing your party.

I tried, I fucking can't. Every time they drag out their shit humor, and they shove it in every game they make, I want to punch my monitor. They are not funny, they are not insightful, they are not witty, I do not understand why they keep writing the same garbage over and over again.

I used a pistol and shotgun exclusively for about 80%. The wrench was handy when enemies were still weak, and you didn't have proper ammo crafting schematics yet. After that, it's junk. The Gloo-Gun was handy as an environmental navigation tool, but I rarely ever used it outside of that one human boss - which was a fuck-show because you can't just knock him out with a wrench, you have to specifically use a taser - so I had to go all the way back, scrounge for materials, replicate a stun gun and ammo, then come back and beat him with literally 3 shots (2 Gloo, 1 stun).

The Q-Beam is handy for Telepaths, which are dangerous up close due to having assholes with exploding heads rushing you at close range. Though it's by no means necessary.

So really, you only need two weapons for the vast majority of the game - and one navigation tool disguised as a weapon. Everything else is a waste of resources and inventory space that you could be putting towards pistol and shotgun ammo.

Now, maybe some other weapons would be necessary if you loaded up on Typhon mods. I dunno, because never felt the need to install a single typhon mod. I assume the more "corruption" you install into yourself, then turrets and shit are going to start targeting you. Corrupted operators move slow as fuck and are easy to pick off with a pistol, so you never need EMP grenades, and turrets never attacked me. Typhon lures were a good idea, but wasted since the most pragmatic solution to any typhon problem was extermination. Especially when you start getting damage boosts for stealth attacks.

Recycle grenades are only useful for getting materials from stuff you normally otherwise couldn't pick up because they weren't recognized as an inventory item. Even then, I only ever kept five on-hand because I rarely ran out of materials for crafting and picking up the explosion of materials was a pain.

well you need the gloo gun to clip out of the gameworld because arkane doesn't give a fucking about doing basic collision testing

Its really only lukewarm garbage

Should I get Divinity enhanced or normal?

Get the knockdown chipset. After a few whacks enemies will collapse into ragdoll mode during which they can't do anything, bonus points if they fall off a railing. Doesn't work beyond turrets, Mimics or Phantoms, but then that's most shit you face.

The Stun Gun when upgraded can stun fucking anything including and up to Voltaic Phantoms and Technopaths (shutting down their hazardous electrical field temporarily), one-shot any operators, and stun phantoms for a guaranteed knockdown with a charged wrench attack. It's one of the most useful weapons in the game. It's not like inventory space in Prey is anything worth taking seriously when fully upgraded. You can hold all weapons, and have plenty of room for supplies and junk to pick up, unless you craft a crazy amount of ammo and medkits which you never really use.

or this

Exactly my thoughts. My first problem with it came with the name and HumanHead getting shafted during Prey2 dev time, so it was like a spit in the face. Being published by Bethesda is the icing on the shitsundae

NuPrey is good, fight me.

This. The game isn't perfect but most of the faggots shitposting against it are just mad it's called Prey. It's definitely better at being System Shock than Bioshock was.

That's like saying you enjoy getting slapped in the face because it'll hurt less than getting kicked in the ball.

It's literally the most System Shock like game since the release of System Shock.

At least SS 2

Prey is never getting finished, just like MGSV.

I find it funny that people pretend that system shock was ever as good as Prey is. System Shock 1 is basically just a metroid type deal with the exploration of the ship but there is no player choice aside from the way in which you explore. System Shock 2 was just a shittier, more linear version of System Shock 1 with tacked on rpg elements that didn't effect anything in the game other than what weapon u used. Prey is literally better than both games in terms of player agency/exploration/replayability. Different guns have different situational uses, lots of rewarding exploration based on how you distributed your skills (thus making it more replayable, unlike the system shocks) and even creative enemy design (mimics, nightmare etc). Anyone who says the original system shocks were better are posers, I think Prey is unironically the peak of the Immersive Sim genre. The fact that so many people have shat on it is proof that gamers nowadays don't deserve more well designed games like the classics that they claim to like so much.

Yes, and it's a shitty SS clone to boot.

Delicious fresh pasta.

SS2 was shit though.

I'm still mad about Prey 2 (but I'm old enough to remember that original Prey was hot garbage).

But Nuprey isn't a bad game, it's an ok "shock-like" game. It's certainly better than the bioshock series at being a shock game.
It's not hard, it's not great, it has nothing to do with Prey, but it certainly isn't bad.

Played in hardest difficulty only taking human charms or wathsiname. Not even farmed to the 100%.
The game is too easy.
Late in the game you literally farm the big bad guys as it was nothing.
Storyline makes no fucking sense.
literally has a "it was a all a dream ending", leading to a possible sequel.

Waste of time, worse than dead space 3, and that's something.