What ever happened to Anton and Coolpecker?

What ever happened to Anton and Coolpecker?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=jrcgflp47XM
twitter.com/MobiusTrip_/status/787379770090725376
anton.anticruft.com/
anton.anticruft.com/newmodels2/
archive.is/g82sv
archive.is/4EzaJ
archive.is/7MnWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dead due to crippling autism.
Actually, you know how it goes: anonymous imageboard users get excited about something, project becomes full of idea guys, nothing happens in the end.

To be honest anton and coolpecker symbolize everything about my life. I never finish my projects either.

boat sluts deserve nothing but to be violently bred for more boat sluts like the dumb cock hungry whores they are tbh

To be fair, it went better than expected. I mean fucking voice acting, who would imagine that?

How do you pessimists explain Katawa Shoujo? Sincere question, I swear I'm not baiting.

Shit game. Fuck off.

The group of people fucked off from the board and did their own thing after the few initial threads.

A finished game nonetheless, I don't remember talking about quality anywhere fellow baiter.

Why couldn't Anton and Coolpecker do that?

The guys all went to their own discord or IRC or some shit like that and never reported on how the game was going.
I assume it died.

Voice acting? "better than expected"? You perfectly know user, that increasing amount of work and expecting more from game's quality result in work bloat.

oh… THEY DID then.

That really depends on how much the dev cares. I really don't know if anybody would mind if they finished the game with voiceless characters.

But still a finished logo and some OST already done, this is way more than the average ideaguy "explosions" you see around

hooktube.com/watch?v=jrcgflp47XM

what?

Mark and cuckchan, and not necessarily in that order.

You can't be serious.

You couldn't even greentext it right.

It was a VN made by 4chan about 5 years ago.
It's a terrible comparison to A&C, though.
VNs are much easier to make than platformers and the idea was kicking around since 2000.

ah so it isnt a game, that makes sense then

Should probably kill yourself, lad.

Just fucking neck yourself

I specifically did this to annoy you types of spergs.
Stay asshurt :^)

inb4 some guy claims project is not dead, just that no further feedback is needed and that they are working on it

Rhetoric, always more rhetoric.

Val killed it. He's killed every project he's been attached to. Not really exaggerating. That's the closest to a real answer you're gonna get that's closest to the truth. That bugged thread on Holla Forums kinda helped people realize that there's an eerie pattern with people accepting help from a muslim ideafagging namefag where his involvement is the touch of death.

These threads are a pointless exercise in demonstrating schrodinger's cat, but with more autism and less cats.

Pretty sure anyone who admits affiliation with it would end up B& faster than you could say cake

Anton and Coolpecker deserved better.

It was a shit project, pretty much everyone working on it was retarded. Glad I never invested any time working on that piece of shit

Val ruined it

Next time plan your memes better, m8s.

Antifa killed it because it wasnt kosher

real mystery there

It helps that they intentionally skimped on the writing just so they could make sex scenes. So really, they barely wrote some text prompts for raunchy fanfiction involving teenage girls.

They went to 4chan to ask for help and then everyone shat on them.
It was already pretty dead before, plagued by Discord circlejerking, drama and Val.

At least that's what I remember.

unlike an OP anons can inb4 their posts

The answer? Because they are all sons of single\divorce mothers, never had a father figure to teach them what leadership and authority is about and they took refuge in the internet to avoid facing their failings IRL when dealing with other people, doomed to repeat them when working with someone else.

Val from Holla Forumscord? Or a different Val?

I do hope they are still working on the project, despite all of this, as some one who worked on the project during the early stages of it. I wasn't too pleased with them asking for help on 4chan, though, a year or so after I left.

Goober threads Val
Ruiner of Holla Forums Musicals Val

I didn't even know that
No wonder its fucking dead

The probability of someone posting here not having the cognitive capabilities of operating search engines is seriously thin. And the act of spoonfeeding implies the obscurity of the topic, as it was frequently suggested to the occasional newfag to keep lurking the site, in other words, keep investigating for himself and exercising his deductional capacities. Therefore is technically impossible for you, user, to spoonfeed someone who is incapable of realizing basic internet activities, but most probably a low-effort troll.

Fuck you, fam, I'm a newfag and I know this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a page you could play the latest build of it that they updated "frequently"? I'm pretty sure they died because of lack of coders and people starting threads like shit shitting all over them and making shit up. Also probably Val.

Fuck off ideafag, you haven't done shit and never will. Let programmers and artfags do the work and kindly stay the fuck away from productive people.

How many people worked on it? 3-4? I've seen top selling games made by 1 guy in 2 years

Artists and drawfags with no idea of game development playing ideaguy is exactly how most of these projects start and end.

There is nothing particularly remarkable about those contributions, they provided nothing to the game actually being made.

GREENAPPLE IS A CRYBABY NIGGER

Also this

What happened with Apple//Green?

I thought apple//green was only a musicfag and that's it

Right? I thought the same.

probably went the way of all fan passion projects.

Reminder: twitter.com/MobiusTrip_/status/787379770090725376

Try out Anton's improved tongue-swinging in the main build! Targets available to use in level 2, use MMButton or Ctrl (not recommended) to swing.
anton.anticruft.com/

Try our new animations and models build! We're always looking for help in 3D animation BTW.
anton.anticruft.com/newmodels2/

We'll have our eyes on this thread and it's been awhile since we got feedback so go ahead and post up a storm or two.

nigger

I could not be more obvious that you've never played it.

Holla Forums ruined it and used goons, CIAniggers and BLM to do it

Turkroach fuck stole it, last time I heard.

I guess I'd also like to know what val did wrong besides be a namefag. I've heard a lot of hearsay but I don't recall anyone working on the game confirm anything, and I haven't seen any concrete evidence of wrongdoing or dramafaggotry.

Good luck fags.

Holy shit I'd almost forgotten all about it.

It's talking into a microphone, you nigger. Do you work for SAGAFTRA and believe/support their jewish woe-is-me blatantly fake stories? The only "work" is if you have to read off hours worth of lines including yelling all in one sitting.

Drama killed it sadly.

oh shit

It keeps happening

Who's Val and what did he fuck up

Nigga stop strawmanning, they've said shit about the project for about a year, people had the right to assume it was ded.

Attention whore who kept trying to steer the game's direction.

Except they made several threads reminding anons they're not dead and that they'll give updates only after big things come out. And it isn't a strawman, just look at the thread, lots of idiots trying to stir up drama, lies and rumors over nothing. Whether it's about that turkish guy (wasn't it even just a joke? I think he said he was gonna buy the game's content or some shit? how did anyone fall for that?), about the absence of programmers even though they always say they have those, about val, apple or mark stealing the game, or whatever other shit, it's all fake drama and I don't blame the guys for laying low and avoiding Holla Forums for it
you can contact the guys on twitter directly or even write them an email if you're worried, I follow them there. or you can even try to help them if you're mad the game isn't being done fast enough
I don't because I suck at everything, I don't want to just be an ideaguy
also I wish there were some new songs from apple
actually I'll go and listen to a few of the game's tunes again, embed related, comfy shit

It's dead
Move on.

It died the minute a bunch of retarded autists thought it would be funny to work "CP" into the title of a game. A game made by autistic pedos is doomed to fail

Summed it up.

It was only Val who ran off to cuckchan and got bullied off the team for doing so.
Don't spread lies, user.

This is from what I saw during that time.

stop acting like this vaporware is going anywhere. Obviously anyone who entered into this game from previous threads have shown were just doing it because they wanted to namefag it up.

Not even a year and you faggots are already pushing out this history revisionist shit..

prove it faggot

It was how fags knew val was even related to development, we know because he got kicked out for going to cuckchan.

I said prove it
otherwise you're just full of shit

Yes allow me to go check the archive
oh wait the archive's dead.

Literally all the previous threads were archived
prove it faggot

I ain't digging through archive.is to find the one thread they mentioned this in, fuck off.

then you're a filthy liar
bring proof or you're a retard
hell you could even just ask them on twitter
not just a liar, a lazy fuck too

What revision Val? We all wanted the team to succeed and trust me I wanted this to progress but the team couldn't keep it together.

Your bait has gone on long enough, begone

prove it or you lie

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Anons pretending playing Ace Attorney.

Shitposters are trying to stir up drama by completely inventing fake rumors out of nothingness.
Until you see proof of any bullshit claim, assume it's entirely false, or go ask the team directly.

pretty sure it wasn't val that went to cuckchan.

Post Proof Of Val's Wrongdoings. I Have Seen No Evidence Of Him Being A Turkish-French Pedophile Dramafag That Ruined A&C By Going to Cuckchan And Causing 9/11.

I don't like his namefagging either, so if you have dirt on him, post it to burn him down proper.
If you have nothing, not even a plausible guess on his identity/activity, you're being inflammatory dramafags.

Really, the only thing that's going to save this thread is if one of the devs start posting new shit to shut everyone up.

See
Play the build on anton.anticruft.com/
Give feedback, criticism, opinions…

t. Val

Hilarious. When did this happen? I think the /cow/ thread deserves an update if just for this. Got an archive or something? Posting the /cow/ link for those who need to know one of the most notorious namefags to ever plague Holla Forums and GG.

>>>/cow/227015

him being turkish and him going to cuckchan are fake. Him ruining the musical is not fake, Mark was very butthurt about it and almost straight up banned him for it.

I blame Holla Forums as of what posted
Holla Forums does very little in terms of helping anything at all. It's just shitposting and ironic shitposting 24/7 here. It would be best if the devs would just be assumed dead with small updates on their twitter rather than posting here and dealing with all this shit.

We're working on it.

Since last time I checked in on the game the breast physics seem to be coming along nice, although the cleavage could do with more depth.
It might be better to model the cleavage rather than draw it.
I really hope none of you guys have a giantess fetish because I have some concerns.

Is it intentional that you can't glide with coolpecker whilst sprinting? If so, you can glide and maintain sprint speed if you jump and glide at the right moment.
Nice dizzy animation when dashing into walls with coolpecker, although I wasn't aware it existed for a while, as it only works on a near 90 degree contact with a wall.

All in all, it's looking alright, my main concern is that coolpecker has all the cool movement tech, dashing, gliding and double jump.
Whereas Anton has a grappling hook? By comparison, Anton looks rather lame. As of right now I think I would only use Anton when it was essential to use him, rather than considering them both as strong options.
Do you have any plans to address that?

Balancing Anton is tricky exactly because of that reason – during the early development of the game, CP was designed with generic, but strong movement options in mind, while Anton got all the gimmicky, situational stuff. Although most of us were OK with either character being better at some things (CP for moving fast and precise platforming, and Anton being better at attacking enemies and vertical platforming), it's pretty obvious that he's just not as fun to use most of the time.
This is why we've added a couple moves to Anton's moveset that still need animating, but, more importantly than that, better feedback to let players know they're available: First, if you tap the dig button but don't hold it, and instead press jump as soon as you hit the ground, he'll bounce back up and do a super jump, allowing him to jump higher than CP can with his double jump. Second, if you use his claw swipe attack in midair, he will instead roll forward (we're still using the swipe animation as a placeholder for now, sorry if it looked confusing), covering some good horizontal distance and bouncing back if you hit an enemy. We were even considering allowing Anton to roll on the ground by keeping the button held, but it seems that Odyssey beat us to the punch on that one.
We're also going to attempt to make his grapple an actual movement option and not just a tool you'll need for platforming challenges, by laying out lanes of grapple points you can use in order to get around the stage faster than you would by foot.

Here's our threads after 2015: archive.is/g82sv archive.is/4EzaJ archive.is/7MnWo

This
and this.

Does anyone here want us to make a new thread and tell you in detail what we've been up to? If you do, then expect it on a Saturday, probably the 30th if you want one this month. Whaddaya say Holla Forums

Simple, it required little coding and it was already being made well before the new generation of indie faggots flooded the scene and pushed out the people who just want to make a fucking video game.

TL;DR: Everyone on the team fucking hates each other's guts and what nothing to do with each other anymore.

no