NIOH Batman Edition

I'm Batman.
So how is everyone coming along? Post your glamourais.
Foxtown is the best sub mission stage(s) from the DLCs.
Does anyone even use the special kabutos? It seems like such a waste not to.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/XLggJSrT
steamcommunity.com/games/485510/announcements/detail/1464096684952531939
steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings
steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
archive.is/x0yj6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Link to previous thread.

I have a question about Nier, how exactly does the armor work as far as stats go?
I saw that you can get some European looking knight armor towards the start of the game, and I really like the idea of going through Japan as a knight wrecking shit.
My concern is that the armor stats might have a linear progression, meaning that the knight armor would soon be outclass by other stuff. How does the armor system work?

It is outclassed, but you can either forge new ones or soul match your old gear so it remains on par.

You are neglecting to mention you can refashion anything to look like it

Oh yeah, that's also the cheapest and easiest option of the three.

Neato, thanks.

way of the nioh is just anal raping me at every turn

Equipment is loot based.
It has both a level and a rarity that goes from lowest to highest white>yellow>blue>purple>green>orange.
Higher rarity levels have more reforge slots and green (divine) and orange(ethereal) have familiarity on the armor. Eventually you can craft the two European armors but you'll have to go through several NG+ cycles to be able to so the easiest way to get them is just to farm the London missions.
Also since they are generic armor sets (no set bonus) once you get the ethereal versions you'll get one of about 12 or so "Grace" set bonuses applied to the armor which mkes any generic armor competitive with special armors.

2B and the 9 shota don't need any armor.

There's also at least a couple of sets of Westaboo armor in the game including you-know-who's armor set and there is also this helm as well.

I find this cutscene best for showing off my silly willy.

I play as Tome though.

Would GTX1070 be enough to run this shit at 60 fps with muh maximum graphics?

yes, but there will be some frame drops. I set the shadows to medium and everything else to high and it stopped the dips.

Where is that dropped anyway?
I don't.

Can you play as a girl and be cute?

Dang, I was hoping nobody would catch that.

I've heard you can unlock a model swap option but apparently it's a bitch to do.

Just use CheatEngine. pastebin.com/XLggJSrT has a table for changing your character model. If you want to get them legitimately, play coop. You get a few thousand glory per run and can get the required amounts relatively quickly. Shame you can't change the armour on them though.

In the Osaka Winter side mission where you fight the entire Date clan. Masamune also drops the smithing text in that mission.
The original Westaboo himself. Since his set doesn't have a helmet he's a good one to play around with different kind of headgear. You can easily make a European look out of his armor.

Some nobunaga is always cool, and I did try to go with his set but it was too heavy for my tastes and the set bonuses don't seem all that great. I suppose that's what refashion is for though, as well as transform.

I know who it is

how rare is this shit

You should be able to add it easily by tempering.

Not very. You can get it within about a dozen reforgings with divine fragments.

whats the difference between reforging with spirit iron and divine fragments?

Rarer properties (color coded) are more common with divine fragments.

You should be tempering whenever possible though instead of reforging.

Not terribly rare but still a good one.
Also what the fuck is that?

Looks like an odachi.

Farming umbracite is a pain in the ass.

Usami Nagimitsu

You get plenty if you do coop. It drops as loot and you get it as a reward.

Can't do any coop where I live because I don't get a stable connection.

Repostan.

Maybe we should template this for newer players:
Some other interesting things:

Umbracite eventually becomes a mission reward outside of the twilight missions, other than that I've only found them rarely as drops

They drop often in the abyss

I agree with this outside of the Rokurokubi

I haven't played the abyss in a while, but that sounds about right. Is it just the bosses in the abyss that drop them commonly or is it all enemies and chests?

Beating lots of missions on WotN will give you divine umbracite. Lots of the Abyss bosses also drop umbracite but you need to go deep for fabled/divine.
Katanas suck dick. They have a range of a pocket knife. Dual swords have better parries and antihuman moves, spears deal more damage and better antiyokai moves. Fuck me I just wanted to be a samurai

Why not Odachi then?

Did they add a class of weapons better than divine? How very gay, the sword of kusanagi is supposed to the best sword. Imagine a game set in England where the excaliber isn't the strongest weapon; that would suck donkey balls.

finally, the helmet for mark

Team ninja isn't fucking around with these requirements.
There are probably leaderboards of some sort somewhere and I'm worried how autistic the times get

Rape it back. Rape it harder.

No, you should be reforging much more often than tempering, because it rerolls the tempering options. Are you just wasting a ton of rare umbracite?

These can be done on Samurai even if you've reached Nioh, yeah? They probably expected you to go back and do these when you've hit the endgame.

Yes, of course I tried in Samurai. Even if combat is completely trivialized, the times listed are so damn short it's more about going sanic fast. But even knowing exactly where I'm going and cutting all the corners I can, this is actually pretty hard.

If you reforge multiple stats at once the possible stat pool will include rarer options.
The ideal method of getting a good weapon is to inherit something like CCD+20%, reforge x5 for Familiarity A then get the rest with umbracite + single reforges to reset the table.

I forgot to mention you can't roll star effects. You'll need to get a drop that has a star effect you want, then do the process I mentioned.

Has anyone made
A FUCKING ICON TABLE
yet?

Backwards. You want to temper for the rarest options first when you have all 5 slots available for reroll. That way you can reforge all the slots and force those temper options to change as many times as you need in order to get the rare results. Ideally your last slot should be the most common thing that you can either get through simple reforging or only spend a couple of umbracite to refresh.

What's generally the best thing to do, disassembling, offering or selling gear? I'm lvl 86 and so far I've been offering most of my useless gear at the shrine.
Also if I want to play as a visitor in coop, what's the best way to find people? Does my lvl matter when I look for people to join?

Offer only as a last resort if you've filled up your inventory in a mission. Gold is harder to get so either sell at the blacksmith or check to see the trade rewards at the teahouse. The teahouse offers the potential for glory and gold rewards.

I'm at 39 stamina and I still can't equip a full heavy set with B agility, is there any way to increase equipment load aside from stamina? Am I missing something or do I have to have around 50 to 60 stamina to get a full heavy set?

Selling. It seems useless in the early game, but in the NG+ cycles, having lods of emone is better than anything else since you're paying for every little bit of gear upgrade. Dissassembling seems only worth it on divines . If you want alternate skins badly and can't coop much, offering at the teahouse can be somewhat worth it. Offering at a shrine is more of a "helpful in a pinch" thing.

Set your region to limited in the online options, and go for "random encounters", it's been the best method by far for me.

Armor will eventually come with weight reduction traits, that is one option. You will be sacrificing a slot on the armor for it but it would help.

so when do abyss levels beyond 30 get unlocked?

Finally kinda glad with how William looks, I keep changing the helmet but for now I like this

From what I read if you want a full heavy set (like tatenashi) with B agility you'll need at least 70 stamina, that's without considering that later sets are even heavier, you can always roll weight reduction until you reach the threshold so you dont waste an armor slot

Did it. 1:06 in game time. Definitely not the best possible time though.

I don't think the temper table has some 5x reroll stats though. At least I haven't seen stuff like Familiarity A on my tempers.

Disassemble>Sell>Donate. I'd drop shit on the ground before I worried about offering, amrita is practically worthless and the amount you get for gear is laughable.

Disassembling is by far the most important. Those highest quality ingots never really lose their value. Even post WotN you still need them to craft gear, and you still WANT to craft gear. You craft your set items and then reforge/defile them. Not only that, but you want to craft a fucking shitton of them in order to get the right star stats. In the process you are probably going to use a fuckload of divine fragments too because it only makes sense to use 10 at a time because the limiting factor is still either ingots or boss drops (usually ingots).

If you do happen to have a fuckload of fragments already or you are just short on money for reforging, selling gear is usually the next best thing. It's best to focus on selling Divines specifically, because exotic crafting materials (especially ingots) are harder to come by.

Donating stuff at the teahouse is occationally worthwhile if the reward is decent. I'll do it for umbracite and a few other things. Keep in mind every time you earn a reward the "price" goes up until it resets either every day or every week.

When you finish Way of the Nioh: The Queen's eyes.

I THINK you can defile gear and turn it into ethereals after 20, but the catch is that the item level on that gear has to be lower than the limit for way of the wise. I know that defiled items that drop in the abyss from 20 to 30 will turn into ethereals, but nothing that I crafted (item level 280 at the time, which is mid-WotN) would ever change until 31.

I get Familiarity A all the time via tempering. It does tend to be down at Fabled tier most of the time. Keep in mind it conflicts with every other damage bonus.

Fucking hell
I might just finish the game and drop it then.
Whats the point of getting Ethereals at when you're already done with all the difficulties.

The DLC missions and plenty of pre-DLC missions are way harder than Queen's Eyes.

Also the Abyss itself. Don't you want to challenge yourself to climb to floor 999?

I basically rushed the difficulties after Samurai, doing only the minimum missions, usually aiming for side missions that I knew were shorter and easier than the main missions. Since you only have to complete ANY 17 missions you can be done pretty quick and with lower gear if you know which ones to pick.

I-I thought it was the main missions

Doing them completely is not a good idea because none of the important loot respawns.

Explain? Why would that not be a good idea and what qualifies as "important" from an end-game perspective?

None of the locks of hair respawn. You only want to kill enemies that have those permanent buffs because they have a higher chance to drop rarer loot

The locks are on the mission rewards of the higher difficulties though.

Those are one time reward that you get only if you complete the mission once. Even then they are often the lowest tier ones until you get to the later missions.

Thanks, guess I'll start disassembling stuff for now and then start selling if I run into money issues.

As for playing coop, I tried random encounters a few times but it keeps timing out. Is it level dependent and if so when is it worth trying to find people without looking for ages?

Random encounter limits you to the levels and difficulties you've unlocked.
So if you're still early in the game, the chance of you finding someone to coop with is significantly lower than someone on NG++++.

You're better off summoning a visitor instead, but it'll usually end up with someone one shotting everything for you which isn't really fun.

I just need to keep playing then I suppose, I'm on my first run and lvl 88 but not sure how far story wise.
I was mostly in it to earn some glory for skins and stuff, I don't really get rewarded if I summon someone right? Also what you said, I don't really want someone to play the game for me.

Farming glory is best done in WotW onwards where each revenant kill gives you 169/338 glory and random encounters give you 5-10k per run.

If you wanna do it at your level I think the fastest way is to play Skill pvp where everyone get gets default stats and loadouts. I'm not sure if the rewards will be downgrade though, you'll have to test that yourself.

This is why i hate level-systems, exactly this.
Do people have fun cheesing through every enemy without any way of losing?
Does the non-existing threat of dying give retards a boner?

fucking japanese and their dynasty warriors tier anime tier fucking being overpowered tier fuckingshit

You dumb motherfucker he's playing on the lowest difficulty using a high level character that went through higher difficulty levels, this is the equivalent of playing Diablo 2, reaching Hell difficulty, going back to Normal and one shotting enemies and then complaining that level systems suck and you can cheese through every enemy.

I can't tell if you're baiting or not but that's pretty much the first level in Japan… he speed ran it for the prestige title. Of course he's overgeared and outleveled for it.

Fucking hell wish I knew this when trying the moth faggot on WotW

expected nothing else of you faggots.

Okay thanks for the heads up. I think I'll grind some glory later if this is the case, I'm still okay with playing as William for now.

You're never going to rape a boss this hard on a normal playthrough mate, the kind of gear I'm using here is gated until reaching NG++.

I really hope this is bait.

I imagine the Umi-Bozu map asks for something less than a minute.

All maps ask for more than a minute. Umi-bozu is easy to rush. You can one shot him using fire shot or a fire guardian spirit summon.

That's surprising, I guess that means it is an easy map to do for the reputation points once you are higher leveled.

2 minutes actually. I went and tried to to check how umi-bozu did against a WotD akaoni no sankaku. Didn't even think of quick-slotting my fire talisman. He is definitely resistant, but as you can see the time limit is much more forgiving than for Isle of Demons. If you want to go for easy prestige points, I can recommend it.
The lowest time limit they ask for is Hino-enma.

Can you survive the two long drops when you are at higher levels? Because if so that stage can be severely shortcutted.

That is much higher, possibly to deal with the first part of the fight where he likes to flies around the three spots.

It could be possible with the right scrolls and bonuses for fall damage.

>successfully beaten him twice out of like 20 tries

Please tell me the boss is actually difficult and I'm not just retarded.

I did a test run dropping two times, ended up something like 1:30 for 1:05. The drops took about half my health, nothing major, and yeah some scrolls can severely dampen even that. Did several huge navigation errors though.

You doing the original level or the rematch?

Original, I think. The one in his keep after you fight the axe ninja.

Masamune is definitely the single bost I had the hardest time with. Fucker's Lady Maria - no stagger edition.

Hes not that bad in that one. In his rematch he likes to spam his ranged attacks and dashes which makes him a bit more annoying. Try using the ninja version of sloth on him if you are having some trouble. Or just LW him to death.

Yeah, I've had to resort to using sloth talismans on him to cheese his LW forms. Getting combo'd by that shit is a death sentence for me. Good to know I'm not the only one who had trouble, though.

Beat him a third time just now and got the full set. Helmet and chest aren't divine, but I'll take it.

I have yet to get to his rematch, but I'm looking forward to it.
You mean caltrops?
What's he weak to? Lightning doesn't seem to faze him much. I'm using Kara-jishi, by the way. If there's a better spirit to use with dual swords, I'm open to suggestions.

Why not just use the Smithing texts?
You should be fighting him in the rematch area in the Siege of Osaka(Winter). You only need to fight him and there are obstacles to block his Living weapon projectiles.
He gets infinite poise when he is in his living weapon form. You can use toxic ground traps from ninjutsu to damage him while you are waiting for his water Living weapon to vanish.

He is far more annoying in his rematch though and if the user is having trouble with his original fight the rematch might just be harder for him.

Try using Suzaku

Whats a good way to farm money?

Quick run of Demon's Daughter.
Run up the big stairs, head left, around and up towards the 2nd shrine.
Open the door, drop down both ladders. There should be a nurikabe on your left.
Kill the nurikabe, drop attack down the hole at the end of the path behind it.
Head straight, follow the path up while ignoring the golem to your left.
Kill the guy at the top of the stairs and loot his key. Open the door and talk to the girl.

This should be less than 2 minutes for around 700k on WotN.

What the hell? I don't recall seeing that mentioned in the mission briefing. Am I just blind?

Guardian Spirits rewards don't appear in the pre-mission briefings. Consider them an unexpected surprise.

Make sure to have money bonus reforges on your armor (gold armor is a good way if you are on the PS4, otherwise just spend some time at the blacksmith). Also equip a pickaxe and jewish centipede. Learn all 3 gold beckoning rites in onmyo and use the money onmyo spell. Then do

Do money bonuses boost even the mission rewards?

Not for main missions, but for side missions they definitely do, at least outside the DLC.

That's what he means, the makibishi. It doesn't wear off as badly as sloth does post-game. If you want a kind of immortal build equip items that recover ninjitsu when living weapon activates, equip the quick-change scroll and suzaku and go to town. use up all your scrolls and then either proc suzaku or wait until it activates and do it all over again.

I don't know. I expect they don't.

That's sorta what I did just now. I got the first level of makibishi and gave Suzaku a spin. Had a ton of trouble with the centipede dude rematch until I suddenly built LW meter extremely fast and proceeded to beat the shit out of him. No idea what I did.
I'll definitely invest more into the makibishis though. I like that they come out a lot faster than the sloth talisman.

Just started playing this and have done the first couple of missions. How reckless should I be with my samurai points? I'm scared to spec deep into something only to find out it's shit.

How worthwhile is it to do these twilight missions during my first play through? I'm level 77 and have a twilight mission of lvl 90.

You get a lot of items that let you respec, so I wouldn't worry about it.

They can give you some nice materials, but you don't really need to bother until you beat the game at least once.

You can get respec books really easy once you get to the blacksmith. They're dirt cheap and the game hands you a few as quest rewards as well.
Just unlock what looks cool to you and maybe try to avoid buying two different moves that have the same input if you want to be a smart spender. There aren't really any bad moves in the game from what I've played.

Alright thanks for the info about the twilight missions. I'm rolling with a spear and that red demon armor just because it was easy to get. I have a kusarigami in the second slot and it's fun to use but probably doesn't mesh well with my stats.

Red Demon set is pretty good. The Spearfall combo into final blow does a shitload of damage, and the fire element on the spear is nice too.
holy shit is the armor overused, though

seriously, every fucking revenant has either that or warrior of the west.

I can think of some.

Fair enough, some of them are a bit iffy. I agree that the buffs and passives are barely noticeable, but I figure by the time you unlock them you already have everything else.

To be fair you can get the red demon set by just beating that boss once if you're lucky.

Ultimately I think the reason Red Demon is so common, whether the users have considered it or not, is because spears seem to work better as a light armor weapon than as a heavy armor weapon. I wish Hozoin had his own armor set to go along with his spear. Frogdad too.

The drops are easy to take with a catwalking scroll, you just have to drop in the right places.

Time was kind of tight, made one small mistake and finished in 1:02

Congratulations then.

Never happened to me for merciless barrage, and that shit gives an opening for a free final blow afterward. I will not let you sully its good name.

I don't want to use Kusarigama, what is the next best weapon for me to use i.e. what stat(s) should I be dumping the rest of my points into?

I've tried every weapon and I'm fine with most of them, but Tonfas seem a bit on the spammy side and Odachi is just plain silly.

Respec & use whatever weapon you like to use. I use the Odachi but having 20~ magic/dexterity allows you to gain some new abilities in Ninjitsu & onmyo magic.

I want all those ninjutsu points, I need that much body/skill to be able to use my armor, and I need that much spirit to get all the use out of my spirit that I can.

The stat list you see is the stats that have to be there, I'm just wondering if I should dump the rest into skill, body, or start working on heart/stamina/strength

A decent idea is to go to level 10 in all stats first. Because the highest returns from all the stats is 5-10 or so I read. Really as far as anyone has told me it comes down to armor/weapons irregardless and not stats. So if you wanna wear armor go for it, want more hp sure, want like 10-30 more damage at best go for the stat your weapon specializes in. As for weapon skills etc that's up to you.

tfw nue mask dropped for me

What is the most "naked" you can make William look while still having armor equipped an all 5 slots?
I'm certain I have figured out the head, arms, and feet and probably legs too but I'm not happy with that chest piece. I'm sure I can do better.

iirc tonfas have some dexterity bonuses. They're also not terribly spammy unless you're using light attacks. I find they work best with medium attacks with the "Cannot be parried" bonus.

can i get that kitty cat clock as a guardian spirit?
or any cat?

Yes. It's a pretty decent spirit for ninjas.

awesome. i want to fuck him btw. i'm going to jack off to him tonight.

Not until the DLC.

what do you mean? i just bought the DLC tonight, the thing I'm most interested in is the weapons. do i not get the tonfas and odachi till much later? i'm only at the fifth region or so right now.

Tonfas and odachis are available from the start, he means the areas that are part of the DLC. You don't get to those until you beat the normal campaign.

You don't get nekomata as a guardian spirit until the DLC. I got the complete edition on PC and the tonfa/odachi were unlocked from the start, I don't know how it works on the console version.

ah perfect i can't wait to use the tonfas, thanks for spoonfeeding. i still have 20 minutes of downloading.

Sure thing. Give every weapon a try, they're all fun.

i will never use the spear, it's too dumb. you can't do big anime slashes with a shoddy footsoldier spear, it'd snap the blade in half, while probably doing no damage at all in the first place since it's built for fucking STABBING.

I have a hard time using the sword too for similar reasons, it's too fucking dumb, the katana can't stab a goddamn thing, the point is too wide, it would just leave a bruise.
it's okay with the dual swords since the stab is done while they're lying prone but you can't stab a standing target with a katana. agggh i hate this shit

A spear is basically a quarterstaff with a pointy end, it can swing just fine.

You know nothing about weapons do you?

Waste of dubs tbh

Try calling Golden Palace, they might know what the chinese icons mean.

Its for faggots who love being up close to you. Stuff like those flaming elemental heads and any dual sword user with light armor.

I'm so glad this game's community didn't go to shit like Dark Souls' with the PC release, these threads are super comfy

cause nioh doesn't really have LORE cause it's historical fiction, and there aren't any other games in the series to be elitist about

I have been wondering why the PS4 and PC userbases have been able to completely put aside their differences and just enjoy shooting the shit about the game. Initially I thought it was the relatively small time window between the releases that nipped the game being too tied to console wars. But now I think it's more down to two factors.

Dark souls has the nasty combo of PvP that's inherently frustrating for people who are just here to kill monsters, and a strict build system that invite thoughts like "you're doing it wrong you fucking faggot, how retarded are you?". Nioh is much more permissive due to optimization only being needed starting from NG+. Of course, there are still plenty of git guds, but they're fairly limited to the combat itself, and griefing is just non-existent.

I think the "PC release ruined everything" is a misconception. It just coincided with normalfags latching onto it and calling it the hardest game ever, and also deepest lore shit and all that. This made dark souls a prime pissing contest topic about whether it's hard or casual shit, further excited by 2 being less good and debates erupting over quality. Nioh is exempt from these points of contention, and deepest lore is replaced by simple japanese history autism that's not nearly as infuriating.

Overall, there definitely are buds of the shitflinging going on in DaS threads, but they're kept fairly contained because the context simply isn't as volatile. PS4 users gladly helped out PC users which I thank them for, and PC users have largely welcomed it, save for a few debates over kb+m. I'm fucking glad Koei Tecmo isn't into Denuvo, this could easily have been a fucking disaster community-wise. But we made it.

can you get a smithing text for that Taisharyu wooden sword or is that a drop only item?

At what point do I unlock the DLC? I just finished NG and thought I'd get thrown into those rather than NG+.
Also if it turns out I unlock them later, how should I go about NG+ and optional missions? Can I still unlock new spirits or other important stuff or should I just focus on the main missions?

Did you do The Queen's Eyes? All three of them should unlock after that.
It will also rape you hard and you'll get back to NG+

I did some optional quests after finishing the story that unlocked stuff I think, but then I took the boat not seeing any other obvious map changers.
When would you recommend I check out the DLC?

You can get the text, I got it from the dojo mission, Way of the samurai: veteran or however it's called

A new province opens after the queens eyes, just know the dlc yokai and bosses are more difficult and much more aggressive.

The DLC is almost on the same difficulty as way of the strong.
Get some divine gear and optimize your damage, it has dark souls 3 tier of spammy enemies.

Generally speaking, when you've settled on a set of divines and started upgraded the + levels. (150 +2 to 150+3, done by soul matching with equal + level or greater.) Also, as a rule of thumb, when you feel you don't have to rely on sloth because it's nerfed to the goddamn ground in the DLC.

I'd argue the intended way to PvP in Dark Souls was a fantastic idea, but how it devolved into reddit dueling faggotry and the resulting community is beyond me. Maybe the red soapstone is partly to blame for the frustration and resulting min-max meta build bullshit.

Pretty on-point post otherwise, though. I'm honestly very surprised by Nioh. I didn't expect much when I first heard of it, nor that it would be ported to PC without any fuck ups. It's definitely GOTY for me.

I do think it's not that tightly designed and I wouldn't consider it for a souls ranking list due to relying on mechanics that don't belong in DaS. But it appeals to what I like, both in gameplay and themes, to a ridiculous degree. It was basically made for me, so yeah, automatic personal GOTY, even though I consider four other 2017 games to be better in facture.

That's fair. There's definitely a few issues I have with the game, but overall I think it's really well made.
I also haven't played many games this year, so it's not like I have choices.

which four?

I'd tell you, but I'm pretty sure these games would invite shitposting and I refuse to ruin this thread.

oh. i genuinely wanted to know cause i just bought a ps4 last week and don't know what to buy. nioh is the only modern game i have played in years.

Well, none of them are on PS4 so I can't help you there. I hear Yakuza is the tits though.

Okay, I think I'll at least start doing some regular NG+ missions before seeing what the DLC has to offer.
I'm thinking I might switch from the Head of the Iga Ninja set since my pieces are 70-80, the soulmatching cost is skyhigh and crafting that set requires Spiders Leg Husk which I've only gotten a single one of (maybe it's easy to farm though?).
Also I'm not sure if it's worth crafting everything at this point rather than relying on drops.

I do like the ninja playstyle though so I'm willing to try making it work. I just haven't found a different set that comes even close to matching these set bonuses.

What about my stats? I don't feel like body adds enough defense to be of value even though I could really use some extra tankiness. I'm thinking I'll keep going dex and maybe get 30 magic at some point. Spirit is fine for the moment since I'm using Gyokuto main with Saoirse secondary.

First thing you need to do is get some divines and the second is get a Yasakani.
You can farm husks really easily from Hyakki Yagyou and you can potentially get them from dissembling equipment or from clan donation rewards. Also don't bother soulmatching anything below divine level.
Crafting is one of the easiest ways of getting divines of exactly what you want and you also crafted armor has lower level requirements. Just disassemble whatever divines you don't want and then you'll soon have a ton of fragments.
You'll get 3 more ninja sets in the DLCs 2 of which are setbonus sets.

is it okay to never level up heart? i am kind of surprised that guy was able to beat the game with no heart…
i had been putting half of my points in dex and the other half into heart for quite some time, but it seemed to be not helping at all so i stopped and used a book of reincarnation, but wow the difference is very noticeable and hard to get used to with no ki! i don't know what to do.

if it doesn't govern your weapon then you really don't need to put points in it in new game. Just get to 10 and then focus on your primary stats.

Odachi is fucking satisfying when you have the right moves. While it's not as meaty as it could be, the thing still has some radical attacks.

Odachi really comes into its own if you've got a heal on attack on your weapon and damage increase while surrounded on your armor.

I am mildly disappointed and confused. good thing the rest of the game has been great so far.

Is it worth trying to straight up farm for a Yasakani? I saw some suggestions after googling but they all seem to be pretty RNG heavy. Did "A request from Ginchiyo" twice and this is going to get old quickly.
But on the other hand getting a free slot (probably switch to a different kusaragami?) would be amazing.
I've started crafting some divine Iga gear, the best way to improve it at the start is just forging new ones until you get a few good base stats right? Should i put about 7 divine fragments into one or go for more?

nah thats fucking dumb and a waste of resources
Use a single divine fragment and get divine gear. Make a full set and start working on getting those + value. Just reforge anything you don't want.

You get to pick whatever weapon you want when you start the second level anyway

Just saw that I can reforge with divine fragments, that's the way to go then? And a single divine even when crafting a new piece of gear? Divines are easier to farm than spider leg husks for me.

I think the stuff you got in London gets put into your storagebox. Also you can reforge your armor to look like knight armor.

poop

I would not recommend that. Someone I know tried that and spent a couple hours trying it while I just found it naturally while playing. You could try improving your luck stat but I would not just try to get the magatama by itself.

Can you guys give me some pointers when it comes to basic itemization? I realize that the stats you're looking for heavily depends on your build but it's still hard to grasp the effect of some stats.
For example I know everything the weapon on the right does, but I have no idea how good those things are. Guard is probably useless since I mostly dodge, and cheaper soul matching is obviously not great for combat purposes. Also I don't know if the Ninjutso bonus works with the ones I get from the Ida 7set.

Then I found the ones on the left. Even though the other ones are +2 with nearly max familiarity the new drop does more damage. Clearly it's because of the dex modifier (and my retarded 86 dex) but I don't know if anything else is worth keeping or not, and what result I should stop and feel satisfied with after reforging.
Also I'd appreciate suggestions on what to look out for on armor. My priority has mostly been unlimited ninjutso, life, throwing weapon damage (works with kunais/shurikens etc too right?) and some luck.

Yeah I'm gonna hope I'll just get one eventually, seems like a waste of time to farm for it.

I really really really REALLY wish this game had Naginata as a weapon class.

Will we ever catch the Spanish lady?

Given her model swap is available at the teahouse, I imagine so.

It does.
Final blow damage and strong attack damage are great on a kusa.
The "unlimited" enhancements only appear on chest and arms so if you want it on the other three pieces you have to use inherit.
One good thing for armor is bonuses for absorbing amrita.

No don't farm for it just increase luck and change your kodama blessing to equipment. Also run around with armor with equipment drop rates on it (and without item drop rate). You might want to build a couple of "farming" armors one for item drops (smithing texts) and one for equipment. That's a fun way to experiment with different armors too.

You don't.

While stabbing with a katana is less effective then stabbing with a straight sword, the curve is not so extreme that it is impossible, nor is the tip of the blade so wide that it cannot penetrate skin or cloth. There are even recorded techniques and cases of soldiers during the Sengoku Jidai using stabs with katana to finish off enemies. The same principle of target applies as with straight swords: aim for gaps in the armor or places that are not armored heavily like the armpits. It would certainly not "just leave a bruise".

finally someone not retarded.
even if you had an expensive traditional spear with a blade strong enough to slash and not snap in half, slashing with one would be a waste of time anyway and no real warrior would do it, ever. stabbing is ALWAYS more damaging and more efficient than slashing.

i know it's stupid to get autistic about weapon realism in an anime fantasy game but i just can't man, lost interest in the spear entirely since the first three or four you have access to are all so cheap, sticks with a little dagger on the end.

Plus different kinds of katana had different curves. The first is actually a particularly sword like nagamaki but it illustrates the point.

Spear is a dagger on a stick. Naginata is a sword on a stick.

I prefer sword on a stick and wish more games would have sword on a stick rather than dagger on a stick.

i know i'm agreeing with you, i'd have no problem is naginata had its own class with slashes and spear was exclusively stabs and pokes.

What I don't understand is how can a game that's ass deep in oni can totally lack kanabo.

Oh man, I would've loved that weapon. A slow break focused weapon with odachi reach sounds like fun

I use Odachi pretty much exclusively for its mid-quick attacks and LW. It has incredible range and good speed while also hitting hard, so it's perfect for getting one or two swings between enemy attacks, usually from behind after dodging past them. LW mode is perfect for just spamming attack and powering through everything, especially thanks to its high break so even blocking enemies get fucked, and none of these attacks ever bounce off blocks either.

The skills I keep equipped and actually use are Devastating Rush, which is pretty great to engage with. Twin Moons which is great damage but requires me to be high stance which I rarely want to use, and charging bull which is just one extra hit for my mid-stance combo that happens to do a fuckload of ki damage if the enemy trys to block.

Is there a way to use m+kb or is it still a shit port?

KB+M is fully supported

I read that the port didn't have any support at all, are you tricking me.

steamcommunity.com/games/485510/announcements/detail/1464096684952531939

Latest patch added it

Makes sense why I didn't know then.

Cool, I'll pirate it now.

Lv70, looking for steam friends not 4x my level in NA that are night owls/early birds
Last 4 people I tried to add in-game were chinese

purease and sankyuu
dog unrelated

My favorite Odachi attack is the one with the cherry blossoms whatever its name is.
You should try the Tatenashi set with Odachi, they works really well together.

Moonlit snow looks cool, but it's too slow and doesn't do any more damage then a regular attack.

My build is already pretty optimized. I run the 3 piece tatenashi for EWDB A+, 4 piece kiegetsu for status ailment damage boost and damage reduction, and Izanagi for change to attack (spirit) and increase attack (healing).

Fought the Ogress boss. My FPS dipped every single time I went in there for some reason a tip that I should have did to make it so you wont suffer hits; when she jumps make sure to unlock your target on her. It gets fuckey for some reason and you'll end up dodging right into her thanks to her movement. I beat her anyway, Onmyo with 20 magic and a spell to remove defence helped immensely.

I'm like 79 or so at the moment. I can lend you a hand user. I'm awake at night/early morning mainly as well even.

moonlit snow is good to destroy those massive ass elemental crystals really quickly when in heavy stance, you do a normal attack then follow up with that and it's destroyed like that.

No need to do that. The trick with Ogress is to dodge INTO her direction when she jumps so that you end up behind her when she lands.

I ended up dodging into her face everytime because my camera would spin with her and it'd mess my dodges up. Oh well.

Maybe you are thinking of twin moons? Moonlit snow isn't a followup attack, it's a "while guarding" attack where you have to charge up each move.

Moonlit snow does around 20% more damage then 2 quick high-stance attacks followed by twin moons, but takes around 50% longer to execute making it not really worth using on its own. It does get some special modifiers on equipment that you could theoretically build around, and it is usable during living weapon, so there is some interesting potential there, but by itself it's shit and not worth equipping.

I use it because it's decent for me I rarely use it.

It is now time for your scheduled Japanese history autism.

What is meant by Mount Hiei being a powerful military base is that it was the base of a faction of warrior monks affiliated with the Ishikawa hongan-ji. During the conflict between the Oda and the Asakura-Azai, the monks joined the effort against the Oda and let several offensives. One of them, led by the Mount Hiei monks, targeted one of Nobunaga's closest retainers, Mori Yoshinari (father of Ranmaru if you know the samurai warriors games). Yoshinari died in the offensive. Such is war, really. But Nobunaga had plenty of reasons to be pissed about Mount Hiei.

I guess if you are using Kato, with his skill damage +20%, moonlit snow would start looking pretty strong since it would do so much more damage than a non-skill quick attack. That's all because of the extra modifiers you have going for it though. By itself it's shit and not "decent" for anyone.

Yeah I use Kato. Have been for a while and felt no reason to really change as he melds well with how I play.

Is this a good idea on a sword or just redundant?

didn't mean to quote

Do it.
It'll massively boost your damage.

It's usually a good idea. I'm not sure if there's any diminishing return between multiple "change to attack" of the same type, but I do know that they stack and when you can only afford to stack one attribute it makes sense to make them all the same diminishing returns or no.

You should get rid of that Human Close Combat Damage modifier via soul matching. It being there is preventing you from rolling an (all) Close Combat Damage modifier that can go up to 20% (starting from 10%).

It's 3:30 AM in my time zone and I just woke up from a nap

pls add on steam

Post your Steam and we can go from there.

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/

I saw you post that avatar for a hat in one of the threads.

?

Jesus Christ. How do yo fuckers get such good options? Do they improve in probability as levels go up? When do I unlock divine umbracite?

just keep rerolling until you get em

Oh wow Heart has a Ki cap

Most stats hard cap at 99 with everything over that going to weapon scaling alone. I think Body keeps giving life, but that's at a rate of like +2 per level. Magic and Dexterity are the biggest exceptions, because you actually start getting MORE slots after 99, up to an additional +10 at 200.

Well scaling in general I should say, because change to defense also works.

I found a list on plebbit through googling which shows available special effects on armor, but I've only played around with reforging a little bit so far. Should I just use spirit iron chunks or something else? Is my RNG to get rare mods simply more in my favor if I use divine fragments or can divine fragments grant unique special effects compared to iron chunks?

Done more tinkering on the weapon than armor, I feel like it turned out pretty decent?

Press you left trigger/l2 depending on controller you're using and you'll see all the effects of a whole set.

yeah use as much as you want on whatever you want. Spirit iron basically completely dies off in usefulness once you get divine fragments

Bonus for Amrita Absorbed (increase attack) on head
Purification bonus (increase attack) feet
Maybe bonus when surrounded on body

Toughness is mostly useless outside of the major breakpoints at 100 and 200. After 200 the only effect is reducing blocking ki cost.

Ninjutsu damage bonus C is absolute shit. It probably grants you about 1% damage. AA bonus (from your set) grants 1% damage per 100 ninjutsu power. Look for a Familiarity damage bonus there, which grants up to 16% damage.

There's plenty more, but that's the most obvious/easy stuff to fix.

I know how to check my set bonuses, what I meant was that reforging my gear is a bit hard as a beginner since I don't know all the special effect possibilities (such as life, luck etc.) and their effectiveness/strength.

Can they produce good results with enough RNG or am I wasting my time when I have divine fragments?

Thank you, I'll fix that. I'll learn more on my own as I play but knowing nothing is sort of frustrating.

I got a Yakanaka Magatama luckily, but its abilities other than the req-1 are complete garbage, so I need to farm a bunch more until I find one that's actually good.
Is there a particular level or area where they're least uncommon? I've heard people say to farm Way of the Strong Ginchiyo, but wouldn't the drop chance be higher in Way of the Demon or the Abyss?

Also, is Gumiho's "Divine/Ethereal Drop Rate Boost" ability worth dick?

Nevermind, Way of the Demon: Three Angry Gods seems to be working as a farming point for them. Also apparently they're called "Yasakani" Magatama, not Yakanaka. Gibberish is gibberish is gibberish.

I thought that was only an inherent ability on Yakasani Magatama? Or are there multiple kinds. I got two Yakasani just regularly playing.

Trial of the master. Open the one way door directly right of spawn (have to go over the beams and into the hole in the wall). Loot the amrita point in that room near the door but don't pick anything up unless it's a Yasakani. If there's none, use the shrine (this should be the FIRST time using the shrine), then loot the amrita point again. This time if there's no Yasakani pick up the non-accessory item and use the shrine again. Third time if there's no Yasakani you have to leave the mission and try again, feel free to pick up what drops.

It only has one inherent, but it can roll up to five other randoms alongside it. I want all of its stats to be tailored for my build, which means I'm going to need to farm up a few hundred thousand of them.

Does difficulty setting matter? Strong vs. Demon? I feel like higher difficulty should have rarer drop chances, but I don't know if that actually affects anything in this game.
Also, holy shit that sounds like some crazy superstitious ritual, but I believe it.

The higher difficulty, the better because then the Magatama scales to your level.

It should be said that some other accessories that are ethereal will have a chance of coming with the req-1 trait in the last two difficulties

Am I allowed to kill things and loot other shit in this mission on the way to unlocking that door? Or do I have to just sprint past the boku no pico and his revenants and the ninjas and clench the whole way?
I was unsure so I just sprinted the first time, and it was one of the shortest yet scariest dashes of my time with this game.

That's what I figured.

This is fantastic news. I don't think I'm hardcore enough to clear Way of the Demon yet, though I do have The Queen's Eyes unlocked and ready to go. Makes my loot senses itchy to try, though.

Amrita point loot is mostly fixed. The loot point I mentioned always has an accessory and I think a specific consummable.

If you "open" a container but don't loot it, it resets to the "closed" position when the level resets (either because you died or used a shrine). However, normally that loot will not change at all.

There are two ways to make containers reroll their loot. The first one is the first time you use a shrine on a given map, all containers on that map will reroll. After that, partially looting a container will cause all of the remaining items to reroll. If a container had 5 items you could potentially reroll one item 4 times that way. I'm not 100% sure this applies the same way to chests as it does amrita though.

Killing enemies doesn't matter for anything

That's really interesting. I wonder why they programmed it that way, but also I'm glad there's some tricks like this to sort of jimmy the system.
Aw yiss, here we go boys.

I have no idea why the first shrine use would do anything, however partial-looting is probably because it changes the loot table. Since you are not longer rolling for an accessory + a consumable you get a different result from the same seed, even if that consumable was non-random to begin with.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.
My brain didn't fully process what you said here. Do they fucking stack?!

That makes sense, though I don't see why they wouldn't just have a set loot table with consumables at the low end and the good shit at the high end, and then just give certain rolls +modifiers to guarantee an accessory. They could pre-roll all loot upon loading the level this way and avoid exploits like this.

No.

I let my hopes rise above zero. I deserved this.

Why is there just a hidden jutsu lying around in some random-ass sub-mission? Are there others? What the fuck?

You can find Jutsu's in sub missions? Which one?

The only mission I know of that drops that is the Jin Hayabusa mission along with the izuna drop

I forget the name, but I'm pretty sure it was in Seige of Osaka (Winter), one where you battle some ninjas arena-style. One of the ninjas does a jutsu that basically surrounds him with hitstun-fire and shoots a huge fireball at you repeatedly - that's the jutsu he dropped when I killed him.
It was learned and added to a blank spot on the Ninjutsu tree after the mission.

I can load up the game again in a bit and check to see exactly which mission it was if you need me to.

Summer, actually. The second one is Summer, right?

It's the master ninja mission.

Wait no, you mean the grand tournament.

It was one of those, but I don't remember which. I did them back to back and they kind of blended together for me.

Currently playing and I am on the Munechige boss and I started wondering, when do you get magic? it keeps mentioning onmyo but I haven't seen any so far.

Also if I make a second character is there any way to get magic early for him?

You always have magic, you just have to invest in the stat points. This gives you points to unlock onmyo magic skills.
No need for a second character, you get plenty of respecs.

You never want to make a second character. Huge waste of time.

Have you started doing the dojo missions? At the point you are at you should have the novice onmyo training unlocked. See if you can get one of the onmyo head pieces too, they speed up casting.

yeah i beat Muneshige and I unlocked the dojo mission after that. There is also a training mission for shinobi which I should probably try as well.

But I have already put my points in strength and stamina, Sure I can respec but then id have to farm or use the amrita crystals.

Something else im curious about, does the game scale with your level? I know dark souls does this a little and now im worried about over leveling.

You don't lose your amrita when you respec.

Reminder that Ginchiyo is always the best girl in everything she's in.

Nice.

I hated that cunt in samurai warriors, annoying cunt came up and acted like she was the best and then she and her husband gets whopped. Still though she is pretty hot would bang/10

You don't lose your amrita when you respec and you don't lose your prestige titles when you respec your prestige points.
Yet the game explicitly tells you that you DO lose your prestige titles and all of your amrita and levels. The translation of a lot of UI elements and tooltips is absolutely terrible.
Mission changed to Twilight Mission

SW Ginchiyo was best when her husband was an NPC

Also is it worth looking for a magnet of this or something? The price tag is a little too much for my taste at the moment.

Why is Master Nekomata a protagonist? I thought nekomata were an exclusively evil man eater yokai. I kept expecting him to betray me, but instead he sacrifices himself for mankind?

I would also like to know

wrong. Also yes it's fun, give it a spin.

Wrong
You also get some tasty thighs from Fuku

How big is this game?

What's the easiest boss in the game and why is it centipede?

Took me about 90 hours to finish the first difficulty, and I'm at 155 hours now with the third difficulty unlocked. There are 5 difficulties Diablo-style, with better loot and unlocked level-up tiers as well as various changes to game mechanics as you increase.
If you're someone who likes to get the most from their game, this could probably run you 500 hours easy.

I'm gonna stop you right there, user.
It's Harvey Birdman.

I guess by Team Ninja's standards there are no boobs. Anyway..

Does it have that always online/multiplayer style like Dark Souls? Otherwise I might just wait till it gets down in price etc

I was referring to the file size.

Oh.
Install directory is 79GB. No doubt some repack has that reduced quite a bit.

Even if you don't cheese him much you can easily block every single thing he does with the exception of his pretty telegraphed grab and I still found the centipede to be way easier.

He blocks almost continuously whenever he isn't being knocked down. Better parry/ki/toughness than Kelly by far too so it can take a while to break through the guard.

When he flies, just turn 180 degrees and swing your weapon. You'll clip his toes as he teleports behind you mumbling something about personnel, and he'll fall down for a final blow attack.
For a dude with wings he gets about as much altitude as navi.

Why they must copy darks souls 3? :^)

Nioh is my favorite game of all time now. The level design is fucking consistently good. I don't know how they did it. I tried finding a way to message Team Ninja directly so I could suck their dick for making this piece of art. I can't believe good games are still being made in current year.

He follows up a blocked hit with a gunshot if you let up essentially asking to be comboed from behind.

chill man it was a joke

Also I'm finally done with the dlc and now I'm working to unlock all the difficulties, I haven't even touched the abyss yet, so this should be fun

Putting together a little profile of the skill distribution on Yasakani Magatamas, to see if I can work out the general shape of the skill roll table.
Sample size is still very small (only have 5 in inventory), but the table seems to favor Onmyo-related bonuses, Recurrent Damage bonuses, and Amrita bonuses in an 8:4:2:1 ratio, with everything else falling in the 1.
I'm hoping this will look radically different as I continue to gather them, otherwise searching for useful skills is going to be excruciating.

the fact they tie that item in with the story of the foreign merchant that hanzo was tracking when he first met william is rather… perfect.

Don't rely on accessories. Beyond shit like Unlimited omyo/jutsu/elixir everything else might as well not exist beyond the primary effect.

With my current accessories and armor, I have 100% projectile immunity and 85% elemental damage immunity (well over 100% if guarding).
If I can find one more charm with Received Elemental Damage ~15%, I will be totally immune to both projectiles and elemental attacks.
With a Yasakani that has RFD and RED, I can add a second 3 or 4 piece set, which could potentially bring my physical damage reduction up to 71% (91% reduction if HP is critical).
This is the autistic shit I live for, user.

It may not be necessary, but it's fun as fuck to try to min/max like a shitbag. Trying to break the game is the main reason I stick with loot-centric games for so long.

Jesus user. You should post your build.

You can choose to summon other players or fight AI controlled dead players on a map but you aren't going to suddenly get ambushed by an enemy player. The online component is very optional.

When you get to way of the wise and nioh look up defilement and the abyss, it may give you a bit more more autistic mechanics to break.

What are good filler stats for when I've maxed my main stat?

Both body (for health) and heart (for ki) seem like they give very little value unless you're using the corresponding weapon. Stamina is useless as long as I don't switch armor set and I don't gain much of anything from strength using a Kusarigami. Out of everything I feel like Skill might be the best right now since it gives me weapon damage, ki pulse and some minor ninjutso power increase.
Magic, maybe but I don't know if it's worth dumping many more points into it. And spirit is fine until I want to use a different GS I figure.

5 piece Tatenashi + 6 piece Oyamatsumi.
RED on chest and accessories.
RFD on everything and accessories, you can inherit it from helmets and chests.
Probably has Damage Reduction (Critical) too, which btw works multiplicatively with base DR (e.g. DR of 70% * DR (Critical) of 20% = 76% DR)

Getting more ki is pretty neat as it allows you to block tons of shit.
You could just put Change Attack to Stat special effect on your weapon to make it scale with that too.
Get every stat to 10 to get to the softcap.

Body and Heart seem like a good idea to get to softcap anyway. Might do that and then put start putting more into skill. I already have A- dex scaling on my kusarigama, unless I spec out of 99 dex I'd need a fuckton of points into something else to get comparable damage. But I see your point that might be an option in the future when I have more lvls to spend.

Ran the "Trial of the master" a bunch of times trying to get one of these with no luck. But I just got super lucky and received it as a random accessory reward from a repeat quest. Decent stats on the thing too, even though no unlimited ninjutso or throwing damage.
I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment though. Looking at the Head of Iga set, while the 7 set is nice I could probably trim it down to 4 and mix it with another set. I was told there are two new ninja sets in the DLC's so that might be an idea.

Unrelated but I have +7 toughness on my boots, if I roll toughness on something else I'll hit 100, is that worth it to hit the 100 break point?

yeah
gives you some nice poise and reduces the ki consumption on blocks somewhat

Not even death can save you from the bullying by William

Invest in some magic you nig.

Nvm I am dumb. Those aren't the spell ticks.

I pretty much mastered fighting Tadakatsu but I can't figure out how to defeat the other humanoid niggers this quickly.

Is it affected if it comes from a piece of armor/accessory? Because I'm pretty sure my rejuvenation scroll gives me 86 :^) HP per tick and what you see comes from one of my accessory pieces

Armor/accessory regen is based on your max Life. I think you'll find most sources grant 1% per tick

If most dead players are wearing the Red Demon set, that just tells you how good of a set it is. I mean, you die wearing it.

Late game most revenants are wearing some light armor ninja gear, because they think this game is dark souls where you can dodge though everything.
Agility A is shit tier, even the damage bonus which you can get from Equipment Lightness -affix scales like crap, it gives a 7% damage bonus when you're wearing no armor at all, as in no armor in any of your equipment slots, at 0 pounds of weight.

How well can you solo shit in this game? I want to try it out via torrenting but I'm worried I will be blue balled by the lack of online.

No online is gonna make you feel bad when you do abyss since you can summon two people in the abyss and get an additional boss and drops per extra person.

i am 70% done with the main vanilla game and i have soloed everything. i am playing on PS4 and i don't even have playstation plus so i'm not connected online.
i've never felt like i needed help.
i'm abnormally good at any game i play though so maybe it's just that? the only boss that has given me trouble is "invitation to the warrior of the west".
it seriously took me six hours to beat him. it might just be that i was very ill and having eye trouble at the time, i don't know. is he considered hard? everything else I kill on my second try generally.

invitation FROM* the warrior of the west i meant.

I thought Nioh had it's own server that didn't require PSPlus for online? Or is that just for fighting revenants?

Everyone has that one boss that gives them shit, for whatever reason. Maybe he just fucks with your playstyle, or maybe your eye starts itching every time you specifically fight him, or maybe you're just sick as a dog whenever you get around to fighting him.
The reason doesn't matter at all - everybody has one of these fucks that's fated to piss you off.
Mine is Jin Hayabusa
Fuck that flippy-dippy instant transmission face-raping pajama monkey.

i think you heard wrong. i'm not able to change clans, all the revenants are generic names clearly chosen by the devs (some of them are kind of cool, one revenant was named Gitaroo-Man), and whatever that gate is called to summon players is locked out of the shrine screen completely.

Then you are simply not online. Revenants and clans work without PS+. You only need PS+ if you want to Co-op or PVP.

Master ? Please, help us…

Never get paralyzed by stat choices because respecs are a dime a dozen.
You can farm glory and buy them at the teahouse for cheap, and later on 1 mil a book is just two runs of Demon's Daughter.

To answer your question, Skill is a great filler stat unless you're going for Axe/Odachi because every weapon uses it and it gives decent secondary benefits.
Having more ki isn't actually that much of a big deal. I played to 750 with 5 Heart and I was a heavy armor build with 300 toughness that tried to timely guard everything. The only boss I ran out of ki from blocking non-guard crush attacks was centipede dude and his 8 hit combo.
Life only really helps if it prevents a one shot or if you have a shitload of mitigation and every bit makes you more of a god.

pls I'm just looking for someone who will play with me more than once:

for best connection, North America is ideal. For best timing, I work evenings and usually play well into the AM so night owls are preferred. If nothing else we can chitchat about Nioh but I swear to GOD

IF YOU ADD ME, PLAY WITH ME ONCE, AND THEN PROCEED TO PLAY WARFRAME FOR 12 HOURS STRAIGHT I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU

How are the co-op and PVP populations on the PC version?

I'd love to play with you user but I pirated the game. Maybe if it goes on sale I'll buy it.

I don't have trouble finding randoms at all, but they don't communicate at all and most of them are literally Chinese for some reason. Not sure if I just happen to be in an unlucky IP range or if this game is really popular in China.

Jin was fairly easy for me, just beat him down with tonfas until I can grapple or final blow him. Date Masamune by himself and Date Shigezane in the boss rush were difficult for me. Got through Oda Nobunaga and Kelley first time, Yamato-no-Orochi second.

Game's on sale at the moment and I'm considering getting it for the multiplayer. If I have to do everything again then it's out of the question. So, is there a way to transfer your save from the cracked version to the steam version, if so how?

Start a save in the steam version. Use Hex Editor to copy the first 3 lines of hex code from the steam save and replace those lines in the pirate save.

You WILL lose any glory you have in the pirate save. Granted, it's FAR easier to farm online, so that's not a big issue, but I recommend spending it first. Glory is stored server-side so there's no way to transfer it

Is it an inherit mechanic of dodging that you get mini staggered by every tiny hit, so that even if you spam X you're most likely going to eat the entire combo unless you block?
Or is this a thing toughness helps with? I didn't notice a difference when I had ~200 to my now ~100 when it comes to dodging. I realize the simple answer is "block or don't get hit" but if my build is better at dodging and I mostly fight in low stance my blocks are kind of trash, even if I switch stance.

Diversifying my build might be the best solution but seems like they've put a dumb system in place. What's even the point to get tankier on an agile build when the difference between getting 1 shot and 3 shot in a combo makes no difference?

Having a balanced build where you can block, dodge, or even take the hit depending on the circumstances. Since you can more or less max out toughness and damage reduction while sitting at B agility it's not that much of a loss and you get to do everything.

It's a game where you're expected to use everything at your disposal. You can't just run a blocking build or an evasion build, because a number of bosses are designed to punish that sort of focused behavior.
I'm a dodge-focused person myself, but I've managed to slowly ease blocking into the muscle memory so now either a block or a dodge comes out when it's needed. I even play almost exclusively in mid-stance just to encourage myself to block more.

You can get by just fine by mostly just dodging, but you'll need to learn where the "oh fuck block" attacks are and quick-switch to mid-stance and hit that block button. Also don't forget that some bosses are trivialized by ignoring block and dodge entirely and instead just sprinting away instead.

And some bosses like Mitsunari will absolutely fuck your shit up if you are ever more than 2 meters from them.

I'm almost done with the DLC in NG and after that I'll start mixing sets a bit after gathering some smithing texts in order to diversify a bit. Not sure if I have seen all that are available but I'll find that out by playing.
Most likely I'll go 2 or 4 Head of Ida with something else as long as I use Ninjutso.

The Red of Devotion has good 2, 3 and 4 buffs but is only offensive and not much toughness.
Intentions of a Gallant Warrior mostly has a nice 4 buff but it would make me a lot tankier and the armor itself is nice and heavy.
Strategist of Legend has a nice 4 (6 too but not worth) but again mostly offensive and the armor is light.
A Master Swordsman's Power has a great value 2 buff which I could maybe add as a third set.

They had to try so hard to lower the presence of Nip games at the awards, that they gave a FPS western game the best action game award.

I'd say just make sure your build is tough enough that it doesn't get one-shotted by a fuck-up, and then just build as you like.
I dodge just fine from mid-stance with B agility and have never felt any pressure to switch to low stance to dodge more effectively. I've never tried blocking from low stance myself, but it sounds like blocking from low stance takes a much bigger hit than dodging from mid stance.

Yeah but adding different sets into the mix will help a ton with just that. Full head of ida set gives you less than 90 toughness and puts you below 30% with 6 stamina. Also I read up on the 7set, people have reported it only adding about 5% damage even with 600-700 Ninjutso. And 6 set bonus is less ki on dash, which is nice but not what I need to diversify my defense options.

Tatenashi and Keigetsu are the best sets IMO. It's just too bad you can't combine 3 actual pieces of Keigetsu with 4 of Tatenashi, because there's only 1 weapon slot between them,

Tatenashi has a super nice 5set but the other bonuses seem kind of "eh".
Kigetsu has a cool 3set with 4 seeming to be okay and 6 sort of bad.

I looked at both before, and on second consideration they both add a decent amount of overall defense but I'm not completely sold. They're probably good contenders with the ones I listed, I'll probably end up trying a few different things and see what works.

Tatenashi 3 piece is a really nice damage boost, better than the standard CCD.

Keigetsu 4 piece is fucking insane, you can end up taking less damage with Carnage than without it, while doing an extra 20% on top, AND you still get the standard CCD as well.

Also, close combat (critical) is pretty good too. Critical builds are living weapon builds. You gain all the benefits of being in critical health, including the "tenacity" stat from your guardian spirit, while still having enough effective health to tank shit because you are always in LW.

I don't use the Keigetsu 6 piece, but it's still damn good.

Didn't realize that status alignment suffered would even extend to such things, thought it was only DoT debuffs like fire and poison. I can see the value in that now. I also didn't realize that the weight bonus would be significant. LW builds seem cool and maybe something I'll try down the line.

With a -1 req I could use 3 Ida (both weapons + 1 armor) and 4 Kabuto pieces for a total of a 4 and 5 set. I could also use 3 pieces Kigetsu for the 4 set bonus, then fit in a third set with the help of a ranged weapon.

Equipment Weight A would be 16% damage (with 30.1 or more weight). As long as you don't have equipment weight on any other pieces, it will be stacking multiplicitively with everything. Same bonus types stack additive, and letter-grade type bonuses stack by increasing the letter grade, which is VERY bad because 2 As turn into something like an AA- which isn't even a 5% increase.

The EWDB is better than a standard CCD because you are going to have CCD in multiple other places (sets, weapon), so you gain extra from the multiplicitive stacking. By itself though it's not particularly great, just better than the "normal" bonus, plus it only takes 3 pieces whereas most CCD bonuses are 4.

Clarify this, please.
Are you saying that if you have two pieces of gear like "Equipment Weight Bonus: A" and "Agility Damage Bonus: A" they combine into "General Bonus: AA-" which is in total one third of what each individual bonus would be?

No, 2 EWDBs become 1 EWDB of a higher letter grade. You want to have 1 EWDB, 1 Agility, because they stack multiplicitively

Oh, I completely misunderstood.
Same-name letter bonuses stacked make only a tiny increase, whereas different-name letter bonuses stack as expected, then? Good to know

Also, Agility and EWDB are both universal. If you have one of them on your ACTIVE ranged weapon then it will also boost your melee damage, or vice versa with a melee weapon and ranged damage. Familiarity damage bonus on the other hand ONLY applies to the weapon that it is on.

Ideally this means you put Agility or EWDB on your ranged weapons depending on whether you are using Keigetsu (EWDB if you are not, because you will probably only have B agility), and Familiarity on your melee weapons unless ranged damage is really important to you.

On the one hand, this thread is now on page 13 and someone could make a new one. On the other, there hasn't really been that much activity and I'm not convinced there's enough interest left for another thread.

I'm still playing but yeah there's not much more to say that hasn't been said. Just finishing of DLC side missions and going through the different Ways of until I get bored.

I was thinking about waiting for awhile before the next thread. Maybe a week or two at least.

Thread archive.
archive.is/x0yj6

I'm confused. I did exactly what you said and no results. Do I have to change any folder names or move any of the saves around?

Alright, I figured it out.

I added you cunts for Nioh.

Sorry I didn't state the obvious of "put the pirate save in the steam save's place after you've modified it".

Yeah I just don't know what I'm doing so I doubted myself, that or I'm retarded.

I don't know what you're talking about famalam.