Insane Weapon Customization

There really aren't many games where you can swap out pretty much every part of your gun/weapon to change the way you use it. It's too bad, since everyone has that one vidya fetish/raifu that they gravitate to.

Loadout had a lot of promise in this regard, but F2P cancer and bad balance in general killed that game off pretty damn quick.

MGSV's system was great, but somewhat limited by what you could attach to what (although that one glitch/cheat that gave you complete freedom to swap out what you wanted was amazing).

Any other games that do/did this well? Can be on the tacticool side (muh rails) or not. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/gunstruction/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Step aside.

It's obviously some shitty console shooter.

Resonance of Fate.

It's even worse. It's a SRPG I think? Has some nice humor to it.

Don't make me say it.

I'm absolutely disgusted.

That actually looks pretty neat. Shitpost withdrawn.

We need another nuke

user take a good long look at it. It makes no sense.

Need some icing on that cake? Nolan I want more money North is in the dub.

Fuck off, Todd.

Gun customization only appeals to no-gunz faggots so Im glad fee games even have that shitty (((feature)))

That's something only a poorfag who can't afford accessories would say, tbh.

Wish I still had my PS3 to play this.

It's too bad that you won't see your guns looking like those in your fights because that would be ridiculous to watch at first. Instead we get to see the basic models in-game with no signs of changes, other than 'Customize' menu. I want to see how the characters react to having that much scopes and grips despite being really unwieldy as fuck. It's still a shit game though.

It's not "insane" customization but a good example of functional customization would be Deus Ex: Invisible War. You can really turn a weapon into either a all purpose stealth tool like an EMP pistol or a full combat gun.

Escape from Tarkov's customization managed to be even more autistic than MGSV's

Ground Branch beats out both.

Ground Branch is Autism™ incarnate

Holy shit. God only knows when this will be out of (((Beta))) though.

It entered Closed beta on July and goes into Open beta at the end of December. I don't want to test my luck but the game so far seems to go in the right direction. Let's hope the devs don't turn 180° and make it shit.

FPS is the shittiest genre.
I'd rather have turn-based anime game with gun customization than FPS anything.
Go hang yourself.

Yeah, no. No amount of gun customization will make that shit good.

Yeah off yourself. We finally get a good realistic FPS that isn't absolute garbage like ArmA or Squad and it gets shit on because some shit walking simulator happens to look similar.
It's PvP only with AI waves throughout the matches to force players to keep moving and being aware of their surroundings. It also created a sense of the server being more populated because the A.I has the same animations as the players and it's as accurate as Stalker's bandits with Misery mod thrown on top.
They're simple quests the various traders give you in order to improve your reputation with them. If you complete the quests you get better discounts. It's pretty neato and gives you an actual reason to search the map for key items rather than just shoot shit up and bounce off.
You're retarded. There are 3 factions. The Russian PMCs (BEAR), the Western PMCs (USEC) and the local bandits (SCAVs).
In the beta it doesn't matter what faction you choose but in the full release there will be pros and cons in each faction. You won't be able to just kill whatever moves because team killing will have consequences. The game is currently in beta so we can check the mechanics. It;s not like DayZ in any way and if you thinkl otherwise you're an absolute fucking braindead autist who follows whatever hivermind is currently on trend.

Retard.

Everyone knows how. It's just lazy posting. The same as blaming the audience for your own poor communication–shit just doesn't fly.

Bampu

MoH Warfighter also had autistic weapon customization. And the fact that you were holding the gun while changing it made it pretty comfy.
You were locked in your room hugging your raifu and changing her clothes.
Too bad the rest of the game was trash. Thanks EA

Vidya guns have shit customization and in the rare ocassion they don't everybody will just gravitate to the optimal build anyway.

You don't play a lot of video games do you, user?

More games need the VSS and Val.

Isn't the game also going to have a Coop/PvE gamemode?

That's a damn shame it's in such a shit game, it looks really nice and comfy.

Do post a game that contradicts what I said. I'll be more than glad to hear about it.
Easy mode: no modded STALKER which I already played to death.
Hard mode: no Early Access

muh tarkov

There will be no Co-op or PvE in the game. You can however jump in online matches with your friends.
I only meant that the AI is actually challenging. They take cover, flank, suppress and are pretty accurate. However they won't aimbot you across the map or through foliage. Pistols have a very limited effective range and all armor in the game protects you from most pistol rounds. Shotguns can be lethal even from afar but armor once again protects you. And since the AI doesn't spawn with Slug rounds you're safe.

Hard mode is too challenging for me so I will go with easy instead.
Escape from Tarkov

k bud

Hey I didn't suggest anything. I simply posted a game that follows your criteria: aka realistic ballistics and customization where every little detail will have cons and pros to the weapon's accuracy, recoil, weight and bulkiness.

And any interest I may have had in the game is now gone.
What a shame.

That sounds fucking awesome, Do they have a release date set?

>where every little detail will have cons and pros
I said "contradicts". As in, present tense. You can't even argue semantics right. But seeing that you enjoy playing full priced demos with a promise that they will be finished games someday, after years of examples of this promise being entirely non-enforceable, I'm not surprised.
I might be wrong in assuming you bought the game, what with you doing nothing but bringing it up on the thread, but if you did, enjoy your post purchase rationalization.

There is no full release date yet.
However the game entered Closed Beta in July and goes into Open Beta at the end of this month.
Fingers crossed the game doesn't get stuck in development hell.

Some friend got me a key for my birthday. I didn't buy it myself nor do I suggest any of you lads buy it. I'm simply mentioning a game with autistic amounts of customization and reply to anyone who has questions about it.

Well, guess I'll move on then. That's a shame, the customization looked good. Wonder when someone will make a single player game with that outside of STALKER mods.

If ship weapons count, From The Depths is all about building everything from components, guns included.

If only there was an actual equivalent to Warship Gunner on PC or a TL patch for the PSP version, From the Depths is just way too autistic for me.

Stay triggered, jewish /utg/ KIKE

>Remember it's Mercenary Kings

Gun customization is kinda shit tbh fam
its good when a game has like 5 guns and the mods adapt guns to enemies and environments, but its usually only around when its in a game with like 87 guns and each mod for the guns is essentially just making that particular gun handle less like itself and more like a different gun, you could just have the different gun at that point, shit is just there to make idiots think it adds any depth to gameplay when its just a system of mindless monotonous collecting and grinding thats completely unnecessary

You can paint the guns! :D I hope you like jigsaw puzzles though.

Also related
ar15.com/gunstruction/

Lichdom: Battlemage doesn't have guns, but the spells are insanely customizable. The game is essentially Doom but every half hour or so you take a break from exploding undead, cultists, and demons to craft spells out of mook souls. Basically every review that gives this game a low score is because the reviewer doesn't want to learn how the spell customization works and doesn't enjoy taking at least 10 minutes out of every hour of play to fiddle with their spells. The developers added a "quick craft" button that'll attempt to create good spells of the selected types for you, but it's not very good and you're best off ignoring it and actually learning how the spellcrafting system works.

There's 8 different Elements a spell can be: Fire, Ice, Kinesis, Lightning, Necromancy, Corruption, Phase, and Delerium. There's 3 different kinds of spell: Targeted, AoE, and Nova. There's three different projectile types for Targeted spells: Missile, Lob, and Ray. Three different delivery mechanisms for AoE spells: Area, Pool, and Trap. There's only one kind of Nova, but the kind of Shield you equip (there's three) determines how your Nova is triggered, either on a perfect block, on a charged blink, or on both but you lose the non-charged blink. Each spell can be either Destruction, Control, or Mastery aligned, which changes how they function; Destruction spells primarily do damage, Control spells primarily prevent enemies from moving or attacking, and Mastery spells primarily apply Mastery Percentage which is consumed by charged spells to increase their effect magnitude by the consumed Mastery Percentage. Each spell alignment also has secondary effects based on the element of the spell; for example, a Kinesis Destruction Nova will knock enemies backwards in addition to doing damage, which is useful when using Shield types that trigger a Nova on a perfect block.

So: you choose three Elements to equip at once, and one spell of each kind (Targeted, AoE, Nova) from each Element for a total of nine available spells. For Targeted and AoE spells, you choose a projectile type, and for Novas, the kind of Shield you've equipped determines the delivery mechanism. For each spell you chose whether it does damage, controls enemies, or increases the magnitude of other spells you apply to that target. This is already a lot of customization, but I haven't even started on the procedurally generated loot.

You see, you craft each spell out of mook souls, and mook souls differ in both quality and kind. They can be Shapes or Augments; Shapes are Shields and delivery mechanisms like Missiles or Novas, Augments can be Destruction, Control, or Mastery aligned and go in the Shapes to determine the spell's effect and increase its magnitude. Shapes and Augments can have additional effects like increased critical damage, faster charging, increased status effect duration, increased movement speed on kill, increased projectile speed, etc. You get a lot of mook souls, so you're generally not hurting for spell components, and choosing which mook souls to put in each spell lets you tweak the magnitudes of each effect. To go back to the Kinesis Destruction Nova spell, putting in mook souls with high Destruction levels will increase the damage it does, but you might want to maximize the knockback effect instead by using mook souls with middling Destruction levels but high Control levels. If you want to maximize critical damage, you'll need to use mook souls with high Mastery levels, which generally means lowered Destruction levels, so you end up with a spell that doesn't do much damage on its own but has sky-high critical damage when you use it on an enemy with applied Mastery Percentage.

Lichdom: Battlemage is a great game, and if you like weapon customization I'd recommend you at least give it a pirate. It's got a new game plus mode, good graphics, and midriffs. Don't set it to the hardest difficulty mode on your first playthrough, though, because the hardest mode penalizes you for switching Elements and you'll want to give them all a try.

I tried it once, and there were so many unnecessary particle effects that I couldn't turn off that my framerate dropped into the single digits.

Doesn't Warframe let you create custom weapons after the latest update?

Only melee weapons, and you o let select three parts to make it out of. Also the grind to make them is fucking ludicrous.

Military shooters and customization is a joke.

It's all the same hit scan bullshit. No gameplay differences

im really bad at arma

I play it on my smartphone, it's pretty dope.

I can tell that you haven't played a lot of them because the attachments make a huge difference. Mainly because they impact your weight, accuracy, and recoil like Arma 3.

I prefer it over arcade shooters like Overwatch anytime.

Having to aim 2 pixels higher is hardly a game changing mechanic. Not compared to switching between ice spells and lightning spells type of customisation.

Headshots aren't an instakill as armor and inaccuracy exists.

Spells are a mixed bag, I don't think they're good because you just pick the build that outputs the highest damage.

But that's not true.

Do I pick single target damage?
Do I pick AOE damage?
Do I pick cold damage to increase my defense?
Do I pick lightning for a chance to stagger?
Do I pick fire for raw damage?

What are my foes immune to?

It's not complex, you're just stacking high numbers at the end.

But again you're not doing that.

Lightning usually has random damage. Do you stack 1-10 or 3-4? Do you want a stream that does 5-6 but only hits ahead of you or a ball that does 3-4 but hits everything it rolls through?

Do you want a fireball to lead enemies through or do you want a fireball to throw at people?

You might be so autistic you just stack numbers but that doesn't mean it's the only viable option. Diablo 2 already proved this to be true and doubly so as you approach higher difficulties and get immunities.

video games arent complex because you can learn them. the only cool game mechanics are shit totally outside of your control that you never really saw coming and that you have no idea what it does.

Can't I just have a game that lets me shoot guns and save the commonwealth?

I'm not denying that there's alternatives, it's just that that best one is stacking numbers.

Wew lad

everything you said is kind of valid, but the customization itself has a large variety, you have to admit that even though nothing changes and the game is still shit.