PS3 Thread #2

Last one hit the bump limit.

Other urls found in this thread:

psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/
redthetrainer.com/ps3/
store.brewology.com
psndl.net/
nicoblog.org/
wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
amazon.com/Seagate-Spinpoint-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1500LM006/dp/B00KY9M6FY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512332029&sr=8-2&keywords=seagate samsung spinpoint m9t
psx-place.com/threads/official-firmware-4-81-exploit-software-downgrader-more-incoming-could-superslim-be-hacked.15389/
psx-place.com/threads/ps3-game-updater-v1-3-psn-liberator-v0-95b-updates-by-rudi-rastelli.3648/
talesofvesperia.net
mega.nz/#F!d9MWhBBY!tEaxXadD0NRcwH67sIVsUQ
mediafire.com/file/0d6y2472ipq6yry/Tales_of_Vesperia_ALL_DLC_FIX_TRANSLATED_v5_(BLJS10053).pkg
temple-tales.ru/translations_tobps3.html
mega.nz/#F!nBhXGSLJ!h5e_r_YuCO_VbZjxH6HWhQ
mega.nz/#!RFd2yDQL!GJS-G074lDAHO7mnC6zoRz_nwrS-tyoiGv05ZbwDPWY
psndl.net/packages?txt_search=scott pilgrim
rebug.me/official-rebug-4-82-1-cobra-7-54-lite-toolbox-2-02-15-dec-4th-2017/
my.mixtape.moe/jvguvx.pkg
ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html
archive.is/MHMS1
wololo.net/2017/11/27/tutorial-use-ps3xploit-hack-ps3-go-directly-rebug-4-81-2-noob-friendly/
dlcps3download.blogspot.com/2017/03/dlc-ps3.html
archive.is/kHGJJ
wololo.net/2017/12/15/ferrox-7-55-4-82-cfw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PS3 thread? More like PCSX3 thread :^)

Was hoping someone might make another. Could have reposted some of the news/resources in the OP though. Some people (like me) only opened the original thread by chance, as the reveal only happened partway through the thread.
psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

redthetrainer.com/ps3/

store.brewology.com

Because we've never had one before the last one you made.

There's two I've used for games so far:
psndl.net/

nicoblog.org/

But why?

good taste

Pretty sure he meant it being the second thread after the Thanksgiving CFW exploit. Though he could have put a lot more effort into the OP if so. Maybe a hotpocket can edit it to mention as such.

Things I noticed when running the dumper/writer that might be of help:
Between clearing the cache and reducing the steps, I got the "Success" message and subsequent automatic shut down to occur much more easily than other attempts, which had generally resulted in many failures to process, and system freeze ups if actually successful.

I have also found plenty of DLC packages at dlcps3download, though it worth noting you have to sift through a ton of link shorteners and redirects to finally reach the megas for them.

bookmark the exploit page you are using. this way when you load up the browser with the blank page, you just clear everything, press select, and hop right to the exploit. If during the install process for the CFW you get an error message saying "the data is corrupt" then you selected the wrong method for flashing (NOR/NAND). Select the correct one and try again. This is easier than you think provided you follow the steps to minimize failure - you'll be in before you know it. It'll work on all model PS3's with a model number below CECH-3000. I recommend slim models due to their higher reliability over fats.

US Airforce PS3 SUPERCOMPUTER FTW!

No, there's a handful of 25XX slim that came with 3.60 preinstalled and those will brick if you install that exploit.

fair enough, be careful around those

I open the first one and just copy the url and Jdwonloader grabber saves me time.

How do I install Patches downloaded through multiman? Downloaded patch. it said saved in folder-updates. go to games folder but pkg patch is not there.

Or maybe im doing it wrong. when I download game I put the BLS—- files into GAMES folder not the "game" one. not sure if it proper way or not.

Yeah, one should always run the minvercheck to verify that the model is within parameters first. That said, if still looking for a PS3, or looking to replace an incompatible one, the following might be useful to check against, namely the model name, original release firmware, and original release date.
>wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/
>psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
A model with a production date (check bottom sticker on system) closer to the original release date for the model is more likely to have, or be closer to, the original factory firmware for that make. It's also worth considering that around 2011 is where things get iffy on slims.

Do you have the game's install data already on the system? Try searching the information tab on it for the version it's at is (IE: Navigate to the game's data and hit triangle to bring up the menu). Maybe it applied to that directly instead of creating a separate file.

yeah they are on internal hdd but it works more like blueray disc that when I select it it mounts and I got to xmb to play it.

Thread theme.

Holy shit, Christmas did come early! Though I didn't see any way to add any non disc games using the cfw. Is there a limit to what you can slap on your console or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Yeah, I know how mounting and loading downloaded games works. I'm saying go into the main XMB, open the Game Data folder, and check there. If you don't see a file specifically for the patch, find the game's install data (assuming the system treated the mounted game like a physical disc and tries forcing an install), and try checking the information tab on it for what the current version of the game is.

solved it. MM download patches to its own pkg folder for some reason xmb could not see packages the first time

also downloaded one patch straight through xmb not MM, will I get ban on console for it or something?

no you dont

You mean the way running a game while the online on the system is enabled can detect that there's an update for use with it that hasn't yet been applied? I'm not sure, and I wouldn't want to risk it. Some sites online have updates in pkg file format that you can download to your PC and then install from USB via a package manager app, letting you update without connecting to any server from the system itself, but I wager not every game has that luxary.

so I can happily download all the updates? thats really weird I thought I need PSN for that.

I meant the normal press triangle->check for updates that can be done on OFW too. for Multiman its just that downloading pkg patches.

Anyone know why PSN GoWs (1 and 2) are 6 gigs smaller than a collection one? Is it because of them stuffing blu ray and trying to compress size for downloading?

WE FLY HIGH

If anyone is curious on trying ps2 games on multiman,it worked really well when i tested initial d special stage.

no hope super slims, fuck me

I have a slim recent enough to not work.

how come its possible when I read everywhere that just FATs can play it? and if so is it better than pcsx?

The custom firmware has a ps2 emulator that is similiar to the one used in ps2 classics so every ps3 can play them.

I don't think I'd have webman index more than 1500 games. Also, the biggest internal drive you can put in there is this: amazon.com/Seagate-Spinpoint-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1500LM006/dp/B00KY9M6FY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512332029&sr=8-2&keywords=seagate samsung spinpoint m9t

sMAN doesn't use the XML like webman does, so if you want to have fuckloads of games go for that. Otherwise, yes, only 1.5 TB internals.

They're working on something new for those down the line, don't update past 4.82, it'll be out soon enough.

They said that it would most likely not be a full exploit, but at least something like what the Vita had before henkaku (emulators and homebrew, but backups would be less likely)

It will. psx-place.com/threads/official-firmware-4-81-exploit-software-downgrader-more-incoming-could-superslim-be-hacked.15389/

I need to catch up.

You can just use multiman and webman if you want to boot games from xmb

If you have your games in ISO at least you can update straight from the menu without being signed into PSN.

sMAN came out in February of this year. It's got the features of webman but uses less ram and is better at detecting games.

sMAN works just like webman, just better.

I was scared I will get console id ban or something for downloading patches on cfw or something

Interesting,i just use multiman and webman,i know there others backup managers like iris manager

if you're really concerned, you can use ps3 game updater here: psx-place.com/threads/ps3-game-updater-v1-3-psn-liberator-v0-95b-updates-by-rudi-rastelli.3648/
But it's really not that big of a deal, if you're not signed into PSN you don't have much to be worried about, that's what gets you into trouble.

IRISManager is weird because it doesn't use COBRA like rebug does, don't know anything about it. sMAN is very nice, even if the menu pop up thing is kind of stupid it still has the nice folders like webman does.

SONY USERS OR NIGGERS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM

Huh, I misread the initial report then. How many tools wouldn't be accessible without lvl 1 access?

not entirely sure on that one.

Been meaning to copy my old save files from my old PS3 back over to the new machine I have. However, I can't seem to find the option in Debug Settings that I've heard lets you fake save creator data to use them. Am I looking in the wrong place? Did it get culled, renamed, or made a standard inbuilt CFW function somewhere down the line?

Speaking of the PSN, what exactly are the options for being able to use online multiplayer after putting CFW on it? Do you just plain lose access to it, or are there workarounds? Trying to encourage a friend to look into getting his PS3 CFWed as well, but ability to continue to Demon's/Dark Souls multiplayer in the future is apparently a make-it-or-break-it subject for him.

Also, I suppose more of a general question, but if your PSN account gets banned, does anything bought with it become unusable? Or does having it downloaded and installed already mean Sony can't do shit to what you've already had?

Assuming you mean compared to God of War HD, internal upscaling to 3D PS3 standards seems the likely reason it would be bigger than ports of the PS2 originals, though you'd probably also have to factor in it having multiple games in one file set compared to individual PSN rereleases.

nah I meant HD releases for both cases.

you can use utilities like SEN enabler, and PSNPatch to get online, however you're not going to be ban-proof and it can happen at any time, console ID and PSN account. Make a spare PSN account to play online if you have to. If your console ID gets banned you can buy another online and spoof it.

Oh, so comparing the full HD collection against individual HD files? Not sure. I'd be curious if it was the same way for something like Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, where that has a disc compilation with both games on it, but also had individual PSN versions for both games on it too. Where are you looking at the file sizes for the individual and compilation versions of the games at anyhow? Just asking because the PS Store filesize listings for them equal out to the same as the full collection version.

So would it be possible to have something like, say, a Dark Souls game install with the Prepare to Die DLC, that was bought, downloaded, and installed from one's main PSN account prior, and be able to use it with a spare PSN (and copying the save data over to another PS3 user if need be)? Or would you still be risking ability to use your purchased/installed data in going online regardless?

activating a license with cfw is pretty trivial, but if you get banned from PSN you may as well not own it because you can't log into your account. You're better off making a new user so in the off chance you end up getting another fresh ps3 and don't use cfw you can.

there's really no reason to stick your neck out, either. Unless you're anal about trophies there are no real consequences to using an alternate, and synchronizing trophies is one of the easiest ways to get your ass banned to begin with.

I see, thanks. So if anything were to happen to the given account, it would just be a case of having backed up save data to use, and needing to reinstall the game/pirate the dlc to get back to it? Or is saved data (such as created characters) on banned accounts also flagged in case they ever crop up again on another account?

On a spare PSN account, I mean.

Found Collection Blu ray rip (I pressume) on nicoblog and on pshaven a psn separate games and it would be better for me since I have data capped internet and for those saved Gbs I could download another game or something.

Some stuff that might be of interest to someone on here:

How to customize the music for a given theme in multiman:

Fan patched games to make use of CFW to play:
Tales of Vesperia PS3
>Fan-translation produced by talesofvesperia.net
>Prepatched game file at mega.nz/#F!d9MWhBBY!tEaxXadD0NRcwH67sIVsUQ
>Has full DLC pkg (translated into English as well) at mediafire.com/file/0d6y2472ipq6yry/Tales_of_Vesperia_ALL_DLC_FIX_TRANSLATED_v5_(BLJS10053).pkg
Tales of Berseria PS3
>English script rip patch produced by some ruskies; can be found at temple-tales.ru/translations_tobps3.html
>Raw game files at mega.nz/#F!nBhXGSLJ!h5e_r_YuCO_VbZjxH6HWhQ (Nicoblog prepatch only has v1.1 patch, so patch the raw)
>Game update (v1.02) and full DLC pack pkg files at mega.nz/#!RFd2yDQL!GJS-G074lDAHO7mnC6zoRz_nwrS-tyoiGv05ZbwDPWY

Hmm, maybe the PSHaven one is just listing the file size for the compressed rars or whatever? Just a thought.

pshaven has pkgs, nicoblog is game folder but downloadgames has it even bigger.

Huh, I see what you mean. The individual ones there are about the same size as the official PSN listings for them are, but that Nicoblog one is about five gigabytes larger than the PSN listing. Not real sure what's up there (size differences caused by how the game was ripped maybe? Still strikes me that that last one should be anywhere near Yakuza 5 filesize), but you might just go with the individual ones since those seem to have the right file sizes.

Is it normal for PS3's load times to be so long? I've only put 6 or 7 games on the HDD, have plenty of space, but even SF4 is freezing and taking forever to load things like the character select menu.

are from US? Im yuropoor and size is this on store.
maybe its really just audio files and videos especially takes 80% of size (On motorstorm apocalypse videos were 15Gb out of 18 total)

I'm running games off a usb stick and other than an initial load at the beginning the times aren't that bad, I couldn't imagine why that would be happening.

fuck off ritsu and stay in >>/4am/

Yeah, burger here. I wouldn't think that just having different text script language options would cause the filesize to be so drastically increased. Did they redub the game for non-English langauges as well? Additional audio strikes me as something that could add a lot to the filesize.

Each Console generation should have their own government super computer.

yeah redubbed.

“[Respawn] made the choice to store them on disk uncompressed because low-end computers couldn’t decompress that audio on the fly without killing the framerate,” Barth explained.

Fucking uncompressed audio.

I will just download US releases then.

Shouldn't be. I'm using an old external HDD that's seen better days and don't notice anything being particularly slow.

REMINDER! The MGO2 community has been remade and is alive on PS3 for MGS4.

Is it alive though?
I have the Legacy Collection, so I'd need a standard MGS4 game which I don't have.

Also, do I need to update my firmware for it?

Theres a whole bunchof whoops to jump through before you get it working actually. I forgot all the specific ones. I know you need to reformat your ps3 at the very least.

you wouldn't need to reinstall, worst case you would have to reactivate the license which is ultimately a one time thing, though I don't think a ban de-activates your legitimate content. The save data should be interchangable fine.

mine are a little slower to start than they were on the original disks/hdd but not hugely.

Alright, was just wondering if Sony was smart enough to note the same characters from banned accounts showing back up in whatever games, even when the original creator's account got slapped down.

btw a lot of ps3 games even the ones from PSN are on PC already so just a word of caution.

yeah but this automatically makes the CFW worth it

Scott pilgrim vs the world isnt on pc though ;^)

Both of those you can emulate right now though, especially Scott Pilgrim which works very well last I checked.

yeah but that's gay and runs like shit and requires just a gpu that is 4 times the cost of a ps3. I'd rather get full compatibility, not the guesstimation of emulation, and a nicer setup in a larger space.

How much do you think I could sell that PS3 for?

You having a hateboner for emulation is your own problem user.
I have a CFWed PS3 and a good PC if the latter works why would I bother with the former when it's overall more of a nuisance to use than the latter?

I don't hate emulation, I just prefer better solutions. I don't just play video games in my bed room you know, I have a house. Not very smart to build another $900 PC just to emulate kids games in the living room when I can get a $70 console to do the same thing, and better. It's ultimately more convenient. Enjoy your shader caches I suppose

Very professional, user. FWIW, I generally do the same thing with sixth-gen and above, PS2 games run great with zero configuration on the PS3, and I bought an OG Xbox a year ago because I was mainly jonesing for some JSRF.

I haven't tried doing PS2 on my CFW PS3 yet. Are they just in 480p? Have you tried hard corps uprising to see if there's deinterlacing artifacts? The classic Xbox is a very convenient system too with very easy to navigate menus and plenty of options for emulation, especially highly presentable emulation.

cant find link for that shit, what site is it on?

psndl.net/packages?txt_search=scott pilgrim enjoy

When my PS3 make more noise and eats more power than my PC I can't seriously consider it a better solution unless the game doesn't run well enough to be played.

There's almost no reason why you wouldn't have a dedicated room to play work / relax etc regardless of your situation, not necessarily talking about a bedroom either

Not very smart thinking you need two PC because of that either, granted unless you go through the rather involved process of making a proper cable installation between all the room you wanna have your PC output to it gets kinda messy

The PS3 applies a deinterlacing filter which isn't the same whether you have a BC fat or full SW emulation console, it might force games that support it output 460p though (or you might get it to force since I'm pretty sure you can write patches for the internal PS2 support now) since the internal emulator can apply hacks on a per game basis.

the fuck is wrong with your ps3 and why is your PC so under powered

I do, it's called a bed room

smart way to cripple resources by centralizing it

some games have interlacing artifacts even with the ps3's deinterlacing

Why do you think FATs have a 300w+ PSU user?
Kaby lake i7 with a slight undervolt and slight OC coupled with a 1050ti, according to my UPS it barely gets above 175w when I max it out, the PS3 on hte other hand

Then why don't you just play games in your bedroom, or are you like those people who have TVs in every room for no fucking reason.

Not really, it's not like my computer couldn't handle several people using it at the same time, I've actually already done that once with VMs, pretty fun stuff.

NO LIE
YOU KNOW IT'S..

they mostly draw in the 180-200w range in normal use (they only have a 300w psu, not+, don't be dishonest) if power draw is such a concern, use a slim which typically peaks at just below 100w at the wall.
is about the same or lower.

your record of dishonesty makes it hard to believe

You can dust a PS3 out without having to get that far into it, removing the plastic shell should be good. Get some canned air or set your air comp on a low setting, you'll be surprised how much dust can get in there. If you're feeling more adventurous, you can apply some fresh thermal paste, but I did that and it barely made a difference.

you should do this for all your electronics, especially ones with internal cooling systems of any kind.
you should do this if you have a fat ps3.

pic related
see above

It's not a major concern it's just one of the factor I take into account when choosing between two options, you know like when anyone makes a list of pros and cons

Already done earlier this year (maybe around June), along with new thermal paste Artic Silver CĂ©ramique 2 because I'm a lazy fuck that didn't wanna bother correctly applying some Noctua NTH-1
Might just me being paranoid but I want my PS3 to stay under 65°C which comes at the prices of it getting really fucking lound every so often but better that than a dead PS3.

my mistake, they only draw 170-200w during regular use. address this instead of the minor discrepancy.

oh, so you settled on a ps3 slim them. good to know

The hell does +flash mean?

flash memory readers. early ps3's had compact flash readers, sd card and memory stick duo slots under the flap.

shop vac is good from distance?

sure

Not worth it, I pretty much used and still use it to work through my backlog and I am nearly over it, and with emulation taking over (hopefully Drakengard 3 soon) I dropped it because the framerate was way too poor and that seems to be solved by emulation there's no point investing in a new one unless the current one breaks.

That's was I anticipated. It was just puzzling to me that they would put it under 'Front USB'.

its part of the same panel

Then why not include everything and throw in the SD card slot?

they are, those are all form factors of flash memory. I'm not sure what you're saying

Or you can use that fan fuction when you hold power and connect the ac adaptor to the ps3

CompactFlash =/= USB.

guess we'll find out once the shader cache is compiled

yeah, but on ps3 systems with both options, they're part of the same panel.

Are the SD Card slots not part of the same panel?

You seem really fixated on that for some reason, does a one time stutter really bother you that much?

its a joke, I can also bring up the crashes. just reasons why I don't care for ps3 emulation

yeah they are, under the flap there's CF, MSD, and SD. just blow there's USB. Connected with a flat ribbon cable to the main board.

Right, exactly. So why does the 'Front USB' column in the screencap include ports that weren't USB in the first place, why not include everything else than just CF?

it does, MSD, CF, and SD are all flash. I'm not sure why you aren't understanding that.

Well it's your loss, I would assume I'm not alone in looking forward to correcting the shortcomings of the PS3, not to mention more accessible debug tools / heightened PS3 awareness could also lead to good stuff for irreducible hardwarefags.

Either to not make an extra column or because the card reader is running on an USB port internally.the same way the HDD in the PS4 is.

Oh.

don't care, I'm getting a better, more faithful experience on original hardware
I'm sure like all "corrections" emulation pulls off, it will have numerous flaws like degrading 2D assets for the sake of high resolution modes.
this stuff is most often downstream from original hardware. usually the work is done on the real thing, and then when the information released it gets applied to emulators.

don't worry about it

So much for not having a hateboner for emulation .

You wish, that would actually stop the "romhacks that work only on emulator" issue, I don't expect it to be any different for the PS3, a DEX console is still much less accessible than the RPCS3 debugger.

I don't hate it, it's just not as good. Do you hate original hardware or something? Is that why you spent 10 posts derailing a PS3 thread about PS3 modding?

in recent memory, you have professor abrasive to thank for sharing his findings with the saturn for the recent mednafen saturn core. all of his findings were done with original hardware reading out how it functions to appropriate hardware.

You sure try your hardest to not make it seem that way.

Funny I the OP doesn't mention anything about the thread being specifically about modding, seems like your "not hate" of emulation is altering your perception of reality.

So you're trying to demonstrate emulation doesn't drive research into the consoles by showing me that a guy research how a console behaved to benefit emulation.
Really makes you think.

prof. abrasive's research was to crack the saturn's copy protection. You have a very strong record of dishonesty and really have no ground to stand on.

The primary drive behind his research was that neither current copy protection bypass or emulation could fully satisfy what he had in mind with the saturn, so he made his research and created both an FPGA board that emulates the disc drive and actively contributed to emulator development.
Nothing dishonest about my statement just tunnel vision on your side user?.

yeah, it wasn't driven by emulation. Here's what you said:

he did it for musical reasons at first, but went on to do it for back up reasons. He shared his research to benefit everyone. I'm starting to get why obnoxious emufag types are hated. the all or nothing attitude with emulator users here makes them remarkably annoying, and their tendency to derail threads that focus on things they could be emulating, simply because its an alternative, is just petty and weird.

Emulation still is one of the factors that lead to him making that research and making it public, besides if he didn't care about emulation why would he actively help an emudev?

The only person with an all or nothing attitude here is you user.

I'm not the person who got triggered by the mere mention of emulation user.

Rebug 4.82.1 LITE is out: rebug.me/official-rebug-4-82-1-cobra-7-54-lite-toolbox-2-02-15-dec-4th-2017/

Different from the normal 4.81.2 REX that some are using right now, you can't switch between CEX/DEX mode on the lite version. Other than that I'm not too sure on the differences, but it should do all the basics (loading ISOs with cobra, installing pkgs, all of that).

Rebug and Ferrox seem to be two popular CFWs, is there a big difference between them?

Rebug has more features than Ferrox but ferrox got updated quicker. I think Lite is closer in feature set to Ferrox than REX is.

damn that DLC Pkg is not working for me any other links?

for Vesperia.

Here:
my.mixtape.moe/jvguvx.pkg
The name shouldn't matter, but if you want to change it the filename was originally "Tales_of_Vesperia_ALL_DLC_FIX_TRANSLATED_v5_(BLJS10053).pkg"

What makes a better DVD player? PS2 or PS3? I dug out my CRT from storage & want to play some old movies I still have on DVD & wanted to know if there's a difference. I'm using a component cable.

ps3. your ps2 laser will be strained quite a bit by dvd playback.

So the PS3 has a stronger laser? Is there a way to rip DVDs to the PS3's hard drive or something? That would make the PS3's laser last even longer right?

in what point of the game I know its properly installed?

Wheres a good repository for emulators? I'm trying to emulate the Master System and the Genesis and I'm just finding dead links

Nevermind I'm a faggot

Can a hacked PS3 run DVD isos off an external hard drive if you hack it?

I haven't installed this vesperia one yet but when I downloaded a Xillia undub and dlc the items were in the dlc tab after I installed the package,

Odd. Link works just fine for me. Do you mean that you can't view the download, or the download hasn't been working?

Soon as you can start actually playing (after Yuri jumps out of his window). Open the menu (Triangle is default), navigate to Items, and go all the way to the right to the icon that looks like a wifi signal of sorts. The way Tales games handle DLC, the installed files generate a usable item that grants the title (or costume; some games have them separated like, some have them tethered to title), attachment, or set of items when used. With character specific DLC, you need the character to be in the party to use the ones pertaining to them (for example, you'd need Rita in the party to use her bonus titles and trial skill set).

The DLC pack includes:
Titles can be changed in the Status window, an costume titles have an icon signifying them. There's also numerous other costumes ingame; Vesperia PS3 may have been a game that really pushed DLC into the series, but it was no slouch in the internal unlock department either (compared to later entries which culled more and more costumes for DLC). And, in the PS3 version, to make better usage of the fact that there's only a single attachment slot, an NPC in the bar at Dahngrest will A) make hybrid costume/attachment set titles if you have the right ones to help free up that attachment slot, and B) make combination attachment sets to better use that attachment slot.

God, this PS3 version of vesperia blows the 360 one out of the water.

Kind of related question: what good games i can play on PS4 in a co-op setting, online?
On my list i already have Nioh, Bloodborne, Let It Die and Dark Souls 3 lol

Realized I just listed the costumes (but I suppose that's the stuff most people are apt to care about). There's also Trail Skill Sets which immediately grant six skills to various party members (though if you don't have the required SP yet, you can't set them all; this just saves time having to unlock early ones, namely the should-have-been-a-default Item Thrower) some gels, and materials for use during Synthesis.

Yeah, it does. The 360 original is a beta in comparison. A high quality beta, but a beta nonetheless. Perhaps as an apology to local Japanese fans for having put it on the 360 first, Bamco filled the PS3 version with a ton of extras, bugfixes, etc, and then never brought that version west. There has never been an outright confirmed reason for why that happened (especially given how for a long time Vesperia had been a favorite amongst series fans in both east and west), and what "reasons" given have seemed to contradict each other. Think the last thing officially said on it was a Namco rep telling people to stop dwelling on a past game and look to the upcoming future titles instead.

Should also give you a heads up that Vesperia is similar to its predecessor, Tales of the Abyss, not just insofar as building on Abyss' combat system (free run not being as overpowered, and altered artes feeling like permanently learnable FoF change artes), but also in the amount of cutoffs there are for sidequests. If you want to play blind for a first playthrough, by all means go for it, otherwise consider using this (I remember it being mostly accurate some years back, but there were a few things that triggered later than stated, or something like that).
ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html

It was giving me errors during installation, downloaded some bigger dlc pack and that worked fine

*fine that it works but its in chinese. or something nevermind those are just costumes.

ps3 sucks

Odd. I used that Mediafire upload myself and it installed just fine. If you want, I can dump the file on vola for you since I still have it and it's pretty fucking small.

its okay I dont really need description of cosmetic item that much.

Just rip it to your computer and copy it over

So
So it's fucking nothing? I thought the new exploit worked with all version till 4.82. How was that I could see again? What Codebar or something is the one I need?

Bullshit, and I can prove it, this is from last year: archive.is/MHMS1

no, learn to read idiot. Models that came with an original firmware of 3.56 or lower are able to be downgraded through the browser with this new exploit on 4.82. All models under CECH-25XX are supported. 25XX is spotty, to see if they work check your system with minvercheck.pup.

As I said, it's fucking nothing. Before the bar was set on 3.30, so I guess is marginally something, but it's not something worth the fuss. Let me check mine, though, but I doubt it.

That's half the models of all PS3s that no longer require a hardware downgrader, right now. I think you may be retarded user.

Got a problem with my fat PS3. I logged in theredtrainer, used the nand writer with success. But whenever I try to load a cfw through system or recovery, it gives me a 8002F2C5 error (data corrupted).

Should I try the other exploits, like the dump and idps dump? I've tried the latest ferrox and rebug, mentioned in the guide.

I tried the other exploit, NOR. It says success ,but the pages freezes. And still the cfw can't get installed afterwards.

I cleared the browser's cache and the freezing stopped. Mission success

is there any repack site for ps3 games?

It's been years since I bought a new hard drive for my fat PS3 and I still haven't gotten around to installing it. Any specific screws and screw drivers I need to buy to finish the job? I know it takes pressure to remove the blue screw, but I'm nervous about messing it up and having to resort to pliers.

Thank god I still have my fat aftwer all these years. it's on the verge of death, though. fan's blaring like mad & the DVD no longer works. at least this'll give it a few more years of life. hopefully that HEN type for the earlier slim models get's developed quickly before my Fat croaks completely.

LoL

You shouldn't be needing any additional screws, assuming that the drive has never been swapped out. There should be the four screws holding the drive within its cage, and then the blue screw that holds both in the system. Just reuse those. Bigger issue is just getting them undone for the first time, as Sony apparently made sure they put them in there really tightly. Takes the right size/edged screwdriver (do not try it with a worn down one, even if the size is right) and a good amount of elbow grease, but at the same time you don't want to be so rough as to strip the screws, particularly the blue one.

if you open it up and blow it out with compressed air the fan won't be so bad. A lot of people replace the thermal paste as well.

You're about 4 years late to that console war, friend.

I don't know if it's true for the fats as well as the slims, but they made the screws out of soft aluminum so it's really easy to fuck them up, just go slowly.

Are there any PS3 exclusive games?

Dark Souls series…

because it fucking runs like ass on the PC.

Demon's souls, 3D Dot Game heroes, god of war, gran turismo, infamous, journey, katamari forever, killzone series, littlebigplanet series, last of us, MGS4, ni no kuni, a bunch of ratchet and clank games, resistance, uncharted, and all of the yakuza games.
If you want to limit it to playstation exclusives (not necessarily PS3, but playstation in general) you have ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, a lot of HD collections of PS2 games like ratchet, god of war, and sly, Persona 5, trails of cold steel 2, and twisted metal.

plus atelier games if you're a weeaboo.

git gud tbh

I notice that my PS3 seems to have issues sometimes with booting back to the XMB when quitting a game, resulting in the process stalling, and then the system auto-rebooting. Anyone else that's used this exploit noticed their's doing as such, at least with games mounted via multi man?

There's much to try, but lots are just memes.
It's the kind of shallow, but brutally honest consideration that you only get to make when you're not invested in something out of payment or community.

Same here, now it definitely freezes a lot more on XMB. Fingers crossed m8

What model do you have, out of curiosity? Might also note that while my experiences with it were thus far limited (I was only visiting a week), my dad's old 60gb I CFWed didn't do this. Going to have to experiment some more and see if it also applies to disc based, or otherwise legit games, or just downloaded mounted ones.

I mean, it still seems to work just fine aside from having problems quitting the game, but I'd hope it's not a sign of worse to come.

CECHL, an 80gb model. It's almost a decade old, but I used it for just like 6 months before moving to the 360.
I use Ferrox Cobra and Multiman, but also got Webman installed (because its Game Data option works, while the original app no longer does) which I think causes instability.

I'm on a 250gb running Rebug. Originally was using Ferrox and then downgraded to a version of Rebug 4.81, since at the time there wasn't a direct 4.82 Rebug out yet. WebMan seems to be a given with Rebug, but in the toolbox you can turn it and Cobra off. Again though, I never had an issue with the PS3 at my dad's place doing this, main difference being the model, and that the one he had was still 3.55 and thus didn't need the webkit exploit (which actually wasn't out yet by the time I was working on it).

Another heads up for anyone playing Vesperia: If there's points you need to use an internal keyboard function to progress, the default keyboard is Japanese (hiragana) because the system is detecting the ISO to be Japanese. However, the patched game uses is programmed to use English answers, so thinking you still have to put in the Japanese answer will give you an incorrect. Press select on the keyboard screen a few times to access the English keyboard.

Using a modded PS3 is a pretty irritating experience.

please continue. I like honest reviews. I feel same way about Infamous series.

Any movie has a good scene somewhere. Games have too, even shitty ones: because they all start off from some little idea, which is later tortured into an hours long product. So the cynicism is real, but also a damn pity because it's not always all bad.

When japan is up you easily have 400+ players

Fuck me the phat PS3 is a wattage slut

Besides

EX Troopers is so gimped on the DS it effectively is exclusive.
The good version of Tales of Vesperia is PS3 only

Is there any difference between MGS Legacy collection and just downloading MGS HD Collection + Patriots? (I know about dlc codes for 1)

Is there an idiot-proof guide for cracking my PS3 like there is for the 3DS?
I'm on 4.80 right now.

Basically I just wanna pirate and play games.

update to 4.82, then use minverchk to see if your PS3 is downgradable to 3.56. wololo.net/2017/11/27/tutorial-use-ps3xploit-hack-ps3-go-directly-rebug-4-81-2-noob-friendly/

So this guide will put me directly into pirating and playing territory?
If so, thanks.

Also, if one's the completionist sort, I suppose it goes without saying, but make a secondary save every so often to fall back on. Series only dropped the "lens to acquire full monster data" thing after Vesperia, and there's plenty of non boss-tier missables. Lost an hour of so due to some seemingly bog-standard red-eye mook (why the fuck does he only show up once?); thankfully I've got a back up a town earlier. Going to be so glad when I finally get that "Lens all enemies in battle" skill.

For the most part. Do note though that you have a better chance at success with the exploit if you reduce the steps from "Browser Open" to "Run" in a single cycle. The key is to get both a "Success" message, and the system shutting off on its own. Even after a "Success" the system can freeze and it won't take for that attempt. If you can still move the cursor after a success screen when dumping or writing, you should be good. For tips, consider the observations in .

Noted. Thanks m8. Here's hoping I'll be playing all those games my broke ass can't afford in a few hours or so.

I'm no expert so I can't write you a guide, just tell you what I've done myself.
1. Updated to original firmware 4.82
2. Checked that my model was compatible with the new exploit
3. Downloaded the flsh file onto a usb key, inserted it into the rightmost usb slot
4. Cleared the browser cache, set a blank page as home
5. Rebooted browser and went to theredtrainer website, followed the instructions carefully to pick that NOR was the right option for my model
6. Retried the exploit several times until it clicked in
7. Downloaded the latest ferrox cobra on a usb key, installed it with normal system update option in XMB
8. Installed multiman

One more quick question:
My PS3 model says CECHP. Does this mean I choose NOR instead of NAND?

NOR

Most PS3 games are pretty cheap these days anyhow (the ones that aren't real recent releases, I mean). I'm just saying; though, if you're indeed broke, "cheap" may not especially mean the same to you as it does me. Certainly nice having an option to play without pay (even if you prefer physical, "try before you buy" is great in an era with demos not being all that prevalent), especially if it includes fan-patched games you couldn't play from a legitimate copy anyhow, or ones you'd have to import/buy off the JP PSN (which required the additional hoop of setting up a JP PSN account and getting JP PSN cash to use with it). And the extra utility is nice too.

Still, I'd recommend considering getting a bigger HDD and swapping it out if yours is kind of small. I assume it can be done as easily (or maybe "safely" is the better word?) for a CFWed system as one running OFW, but it seems to me that it would be easier to get the old material backed up and then reset on the new drive when you don't have much on there, compared to having a bunch of games that would take a lot longer to replace.

Do I need a NOR dump if I know it's compatible (had CFW on it before).

What is the point of the NOR backup other than disaster recovery?

that's about it. A NOR dump doesn't really run any risk because you're not writing to NOR, so it's a smart move unless you absolutely have to save time. Granted, if you fuck up your PS3 you have to hardmod it and factoring the cost of a dongle in you may as well just get a new PS3, so you can decide whether that's worth it or not. try dumping your idps first so if you fuck it up you can at least reuse the console id.

As you said, the dumper is there as a backup. It's an optional step, but one that ought to be taken if you wish to play it safe. Though of course, if your PS3 is Fat A-G, you can't use the dumper anyhow (being that those used NAND).

Anyone know where I can download other people's backups from a website that isn't MEGA?
MEGA got all chinked up and they have his really lame daily limit now.

So I'm running a launch model rebug PS3 and this past week its been giving me some crap and I dont know whats up.
Havent found anything online, any ideas as to what the fuck is going on with this badly built chink piece of shit?

I hope it gets done, i'd be buying a SS Ps3 as soon as it happens.

Nigger

played a bit with the PS2 emulation, either it doesn't like my japanese copy of Rez, or the emulator itself has some issues. I heard cobra's got it sorted so it might just be me using a japanese copy of rez.

try nand

I'm not sure what the history on Cobra's like, but it would make sense if it was mainly western games/releases that have been tested to work with it. That said, while the PS3 is region free for PS3 specific games, PS1 and PS2 games are NOT. I'm not sure if Cobra is able to bypass that, but could that possibly be the issue?

Okay here's what happened

I believe this to be the case, I was just using a PS2 game I had lying around. At the very least I know it's detecting that it's a PS2 disk whereas otherwise my slim would just say it's an unsupported format. That has to mean something. I believe I've been told that the CFW enabled BC is pretty much just the official Sony emulator and generally runs with all the same quirks and oddities and otherwise wellness that that it would run official releases. In other words it's the only good PS2 emulator.

That said - I use my PS2 for PS2 games, my PS3 for PS3, was just checking it out.

try installing the CFW now and see what happens.

Alright installed and currently rocking with cfw right now, what's the next step in playing ps3 or ps2 games

install rebug, enable cobra ps2 emulation, enable rebug at launch and enjoy. also get games from nicoblog and psndl. don't forget your PSN game installers need the .rap file to go with them.

Isn't rebug the CFW?

It is, but I know plenty of people who followed the tutorial who didn't install rebug first and started with FERROX.

Same, I've got a fat PS2 for both physical and downloaded PS2 games. Might consider using Cobra for downloaded PS1 games though, at least as far as playing on something that isn't a PSP (not every PS1 game being eboot friendly). Still, if Cobra's just Sony's official emulator they bundle PSN games with, has that been left as is, or further developed by CFW/Homebrew hackers to become better over time?

That's because there wasn't a 4.82 version of Rebug at the time, and you need some form of CFW to access the downgrader to have gone from 4.82 to 4.81 CFW. I think Ferrox was just the first CFW to have 4.82 version prepared.

Once you have your CFW set up, put Multi Man on your PS3 from USB storage via package installer (Multi Man being able to access game backups and mount them as if from disc). You might also want to look into Rebug Toolbox and other homebrew while you're at it. Check brewology's PS3 section.

Niggers

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

These still crack me up.

Who is this cutie?

Manufactured on October 2011. Model number is a CECH-3001B.

Get megasync, download something with it and youre' quota will shoot up to 40gb.

Only 25XX and lower have minver under 3.55, some 25XXs don't. you should have looked into that beforehand, it's listed everywhere talking about it.

I have a hard time installing PKGs to an external hard drive, with ferrox+multiman. Lots of the games either crash during installation, or when I run them afterwards.

I have to try installing them onto the PS3 hard drive, then pulling out the folder and converting it into an iso.

the whole pkgi method is really weird. If you really need to run off an external, try and use psnliberator to make the isos. Personally, I'm just going to buy a bigass internal hard drive eventually.

not pkgi, gamei. I'm thinking of vita, my bad.

Care to upload PSN Liberator alone somewhere? I get a virus warning from the official site, and it's several tools together.
All in all, I'm trying to avoid PKGs as much as possible, because of limited hard drive space. Enabling external game data on ISOs seems to be more stable.

One trick I've learned, is to have a bluray physically inside the console while I install something. Sometimes it helps avoiding freezes, and when it happens, ejecting and reinserting might trigger the same.

I don't, I haven't used it at all because it has compatibility issues as well and a 1TB internal drive is only $40 so I don't care enough to bother with it.

In addition to what says, it's worth considering that 2011 is where things start getting a bit shaky: Some 25XX's, the ones that at least started being produced in 2010, fall within the downgradable praxis, while 25XXs from 2011 on are slightly too high. 30XX and 40XX are too high as a rule for the time being as well. Thus when looking to purchase a PS3 for CFWability, keep production date and model number in mind as variables.

wtf why would you need that many?
Also:
disgusting

After I played MHW beta I am looking for some good multiplayer huntan games. I heard that lost planet 2 is a good game so I was looking to download it, but there was no pkg file for it on psndl.
There is one for LP3 though, how is that game? In your personal opinions is it a good gaem?

Is it possible for me to make my own PKG files??

Does anyone wanna do me a huge ass favor?

I really want all the DLC for Tokyo Jungle because I'm an autistic perfectionist faggot.
But the PSNDL site literally has all of them except for one, the Kuro Plush.

If someone with access to the PSN (can't because banned) could download the Kuro Plush (it's free) and upload the pkg and rap files to here and/or the PSNDL site, I'd be in your debt forever.

Skins used to sold individually and in packs, see if you can find the Battle Pack pkg.

I've already tried. I've spent hours looking for both the Kuro Plush and the Battle Pack bundle. Can't find either.
If someone could download it from PSN and make a pkg & rap out of it, it would be wonderful.
It would help out my autistic ass and those in the future who are also turbospergs.

I'm having the same trouble with the ultra DLC for SFIV. Also BlazBlue:CF doesn't seem to run, doesn't come with a .rap and instead has a patch but it seems to be for an earlier version of the game.

Is PS3 piracy really so disorganized? I can't even find a good xdcc bot to leech stuff from.

yeah its awful. I dont even bother with most of the dlcs for that reason

Oh well at least it keeps my roommate entertained. The fun is always putting on the CFW, after that's done I get bored no matter how many TBs of shit I load up on the console. I'll check back in a couple of years once I can actually find shit worth playing for free that I don't already have on PC.

I could be wrong here, but with not every PS3 game having had a native digital version, maybe not all of them have the game files as a pkg format? I know the uploads I've found for Tales of Vesperia and Berseria extracted from their rars as a standard folder hierarchy (which you merely have to ftp to the system's "game" folder for MM to find, as opposed to using package installer), and having looked at the NA PSN, the only Lost Planet game on there is LP3, with LP1 and 2 apparently having been physical only (JP only related game EX Troopers seems to have had a digital release as well though, which would perhaps explain the game file I've found being .pkg). As for custom pkgs, I'm not sure things have gotten far enough that people can do similar for PS3 games as what is done for PS1 games (eboot conversion).

I would have asked if that Kuro Plush and Battle Pack were released in the west (strikes me that DLC pkg files would have to match with the games they're for, and thus if something wasn't brought to your region the DLC of it may not work), but according to the US Playstation Store it is, and shows up as being free at that.

DLCPS3 claims to have a full US Tokyo Jungle DLC pack, but looking at the upload description, it apparently doesn't have the Kuro plush either. Makes me wonder when it was compiled and uploaded that it was "full" at one point, or if the description missed including it (to be fair, it has multiple listings for the Pomeranians as well, as Black Pom, White Pom, Pomeranian Black, and Pomeranian White, so the uploader might have forgotten).

DLCPS3 seems to have a good bit of DLC available there (albeit past plenty of link shorteners and page redirects), but you're right that there's a real lack of a "main" place that should have everything for the PS3 (games, DLC, and updates) at this point, with everything instead being rather spread out and/or incomplete. Similar with the Wii if you ask me, though I think emuparadise does have a section on it (albeit walled off for registered accounts only, or some such; those guys have a habit of pre-emptively removing games these days anyhow).

you can bypass some shorteners with Jdownloader.
btw what url for that DLC site? cant find it since its so common name

It's a set of linked blogspots I found when I was looking for Berseria DLC. They've got branches for PS3 DLC, 360 DLC, PSN PS3 games, PSN PSone Classics, and PSP Remasters. Anyhow, here's the PS3 DLC one (assuming the port lets the link through):
dlcps3download.blogspot.com/2017/03/dlc-ps3.html
As a warning again, the redirects are annoying, and right clicking seems blocked as a default (and left clicking has some script or something to reopen the current "new" page a single time in a new tab, while the original redirects to horseshit/fake "virus found" pages), but the DLC I've gotten from the end results works, and they've also got game updates included with some of them. I suppose what I'm saying is, be wary, and be smart. They're just a front end for finding material; the "download" buttons generally go to a text dump with further links, rather than them hosting the content directly themselves.

Really though, I hope that PSNDL, or some other site like that one, can take off better. Needs to be an easy to use download site in particular to PS3 materials (game files, updates, DLC, themes, translation patches), that isn't so spotty as to what they have readily available and instead goes for full availability. Unfortunately, PS3 games can get fucking big compared to pre-seventh gen systems, especially in combined volume, which I suppose does a number on ease of hosting lots of them without jumping through advertising hoops and redirects.

I'm fucking triggered.

that page is awful holy shit.

I warned you guys. It works, but it's not a pretty process to get to what you want, and the site's not pretty either (though I'm not sure what to expect from apparently random thais, if that's what the runes used throughout hint at; some other, less useful DLC site also seems to be run by thais, so maybe they're hoping to corner the PS3 market?). Hence why we really need somewhere else to get better/much more stuff, rather than roaming the wastes of the net for handouts in unsavory parts. PSNDL has potential but needs a good bit of work, both in content and categorization. I know it has a search function, but even a simple A-Z quick jump could work wonders for what content is there.

Beyond the already present issue pre-emptive removals of games that might be DMCAed, I've kind of wondered why Emuparadise obscures that they even have game uploads for seventh gen consoles (they at least keep DS/PSP visible and accessible on the main site). I suppose they've been getting registrations that way, but at the same time, if you make it a pain to get to stuff, people will look elsewhere. I'd be surprised if Nicoblog hasn't stolen traffic for Wii and PS3 games that EP locks up.

Is anyone else having a bitch of a time converting games from their trial versions to the full game when installing them via pkg files? I am trying to install earthworm jim hd and after I install the game and crack via pkg files it will revert to the trial version. That particular game also came with a fix pkg as well but no matter the order I install them the game either crashes back to the xmb or loads the trial version.

Wtf is that? Gendo, Guts, and Garrosh?
The triple G?

Pic related.
He is Zangief tier. Grapplers are the best.

Bullshit, it's the Triple-G

Your favorite fighter is a 3-way Sonichu-tier OC

Too bad he's a throw away character in a weeb fighting game.

The only problem I've had was with a PS2 classic not working with psnreact. With Earthworm Jim are you pressing circle when you activate psnreact with it? Some games that don't require a .rap file require that you hold circle while psnreact works.

A ps2 is the one giving me shit as well. I deleted it for now to add some nogames3 isos in the hdd. Protip for anyone getting a black screen and a frozen ps3 if they try to load a game via multiman, multiman seems to only play real nice with isos but most ps3 games I have downloaded come in raw files. Just slap that shit in the game folder and tell multiman to create an iso out of those files and use that instead of the raw files.

You mean the regular folder hierarchy? I'll admit that the only games I've tested on mine thus far have been ones that extracted like that before being transferred over, rather than being .pkg files (though .pkg updates and DLC seems to work just fine installed as is, provided it has the FIX status).

Also, when exactly do you mean the games freeze for you? At start up, quit game, etc? I still get occasional freezing at quitting, though it seems like more often than not reloading internally from the last save that happened might help a bit. Though that assumes you're playing a game that isn't just auto-save with no reloading from a prior state.

When i say the game freezes I mean the game itself mounts fine on the emulated blueray drive but if you launch it through the XMB the game tries to load but instead freezes the console and hangs on a black screen after you select it. However if you stuff it back into an iso it runs perfectly. This has worked so far with Nier and that one JoJo fighting game, though you have to select the mirror BD and internal or external option in multiman, depending on where you are running the iso.

And, what's the original format you'd been having issues with? Folder formatted, .pkg installs, or are are there out and out ".iso" PS3 game uploads like there are for PS2 games (and other systems, I'd wager), and I just haven't run into any when looking for downloads myself thus far?

I haven't had any issue with Vesperia or Berseria thus far, but both were standard folders that I just ftped over. It was a bit weird to me at first, in that I'd heard PS3 games used ISO format, yet the downloads had extracted as entire folders. At first I thought somehow they had either extracted too far, or not far enough from the original rars, but they've worked as is just fine.

I must just be a fucking idiot or broke something then. I just got done uploading Purse owner 5 to the ps3 and had the same issue. Black screen if I play it raw, runs like a dream if I zip it into an iso.
I installed the cfw when the ps3 had 4.81 ofw on it. I doubt it would be the issue but I have heard stranger shit.

Maybe I interpreted the instructions wrong, but I thought that the current exploit required 4.82 OFW to use? I mean, you can downgrade from one CFW to a lower one if need be, but from it sounded like, the exploit wasn't meant to work with 4.81 OFW. Maybe it might also be the timeframe of when the game released or something, Persona 5 being a very late PS3 release?

After muddling around with it I figured out I needed my good goy edat file. The second error I had related to an invalid drm file. Fixed that shit and everything runs smooth now.
Besides, I prefer using isos over raw dumps. It makes it easier to organize on my computer.

How do you turn a folder into a ISO file?

Really, anything works.

If you want to install the PSN version of PS2 games, you can use "PSN Patch" as it's still being developed and is a lot better than the now discontinued ReactPSN. Things like DLC for example will be a lot simpler with PSN Patch (just ignore the features, they aren't useful)

I personally prefer the more standardized PS2 rips since they're in a standard format and you can backup your PS3 Virtual memory cards and use them on a PC, etc.
PSN PS2 are worse in every way except for silly things like the box-art and manual I think.

So a friend's fat PS3 is having issues recognizing DVD based media, while still picking up on and reading bluray just fine. It can still find stuff like PS2 games and DVD on occasion (admittedly we haven't tested it with regular CD-based games yet), but not reliably well. Should it be assumed there's an issue with the lens or laser, at least for the what it uses for backwards compatibility? And is such a thing easy to fix without needing to take it in to a shop/mail it to Sony?

Thanks for the protip! I took a break yesterday to play some vidya and ready to fix the issue. I am trying to install some psx games via pkg files but i'm a fucking idiot and didn't know that Multiman can just mount psx isos, so that kills the need to install psx pkg files. That said, I was able to install ps2 pkg files just fine.
Feels real fucking good, man.

wait. how do I know if its trial. I know it runs but never tested if its trial. fuck.

Probably, but spot-check the discs. With DVDs, a surface scratch in the wrong spot can throw everything off.
Depends on "easy". Two solutions:
Both of these are "moderate" difficulty on a bunch of DIY sites.

Speaking of playing older games, with the Slim unable to run PS2 games via chip compatibility, can you still mount and play them through Cobra via MultiMan, or do you have to enter WebMan to access them? I'm just wondering, since I've had my PS3 set to load Webman automatically on boot up and Cobra enabled; not sure if MultiMan is able to utilize them itself.

The DVD's and PS2 games he's been trying to run are fine as far as the surfaces go. My friend's pretty particular about the condition of things we buy; same as I am, really. It's more like the system's only noticing the DVD based game or show is in the drive maybe a fourth of the time, but once it notices it's there, it has no trouble running them.

From the sound of it, it would probably be easier just for him to set things up to play PS2 and PS1 games via digital storage (IE: put CFW on his PS3), or at least get a PS2 since those are cheaper to replace if something goes wrong, but he's both lacking in space to put more systems in his room, and apparently still wants to keep his ability to play games online if he ever feels like it (even though the likes of Demon's Souls is going offline soon and I hear little multiplayer even goes on in it these days anyhow). Guess I'll have to talk with him about it.

Archive of the previous thread:

archive.is/kHGJJ

Just like, load game. :^)

I believe you have to mount it once in multiman and then from there you can pull it from the webman games folder on your XMB.

This is a board about video games.

It's definitely better to run them from ISOs anyway; it's a little bit faster and works reliably almost every time. Also, you don't need to use the PS3 to make the ISOs, all the old "make a PS2 iso" tutorials work for the PS3. The 1.5 TB Spinpoint mentioned earlier in the thread is only around $65, so there's no reason to not max out that internal storage (which you'll need to run PS2 games).

Multiman is good if you want a dedicated launcher program. The webman-mod program adds all the game-mounting menus to your native PS3 homescreen.

One question: how do I secure the FTP server with a password? Does the PS3 have a passwd file anywhere? I don't want other people to wipe my harddrive if I ever need to use my PS3 someplace.

there is option in webman to pw protect but how would they connect if you can turn off wifi in ps3?

That's a damn good question. I want to say no but like said, there are more than likely options in multiman or webman to slap a password on the ftp server.

Installing PKGs to an external hd is slooooow.

Multiman won't let you set ISOs to external game data, however.

Webman causes crashes and feels very rough, being a browser page.

In my opinion the PS3 isn't a bad console, but it's probably one of the weaker consoles in the PlayStation family. I mean it has some really good games; the Yakuza series, Demons souls, MGS4 arguebly (it's better than 5 anyway), and I've heard good things about dragons crown, but as a whole it's library wasn't as expensive and for the most part not as good as the PS2 or PS1. It's games also weren't as experimental or as creative as those older consoles. I mean when MGS came out it did a lot of cool stuff that games didn't really do like play with the hardware and use meta jokes.Shadow of the colossus, DMC1, and even Jak and Daxter did some new stuff in various different ways (in my opinion anyway I could be wrong though). Aside from Demons souls and maybe MGS4 I don't think a lot of PS3 games got as out there as that. They tended to be a lot more safe (like uncharted or resistance for example). Still a good console over all and there is a chance I'm being a total faggot and have missed some games, but as a whole I don't really think it's one of the better PlayStation consoles, especially compared to the PS2. I could be wrong though and I would still be interested in any hidden gems for the system.

If you are a weeb then there is a lot of shit you can grab, doubly so since you can play free games now. Even then look at and start downloading shit if you have a nogames3.

Allright thanks

How to keep your PS3 from getting hot as fuck?

I have desk fan pointed at it

also have it raised from surface a bit so it can release heat from down under. you can use bottle caps or something better for diy legs

I feel there is a crucial piece of this puzzle missing.

Where can I download game patches and how do I apply them.

Games straight off the disc don't even work these days.

Be a cool motherfucker and know the url that sony uses to download their update pkg files or scour the internet to find them. After you find them it's like installing any other pkg file. Some websites have links to them but they are usually hidden behind captcha and other bullshit. Also, the game has to work as is. At most you will not have access to online bullshit but that might be a good thing if you are not familiar with this sort of shit.

Might not be the answer you want, but if you're using an ethernet cable to transfer from (which I'd recommend; wifi transfer is slow as fuck in comparison to wired), you could just hide the cable when not in use. Due to the PS3 having it's current network connection set for wired if you should go that route, no one should be able to just ftp in via wifi as there's no wifi network set for it (though they could just as well reset the network to wifi).

Some sites with DLC or game files will also include the game update files bundled with them. Those are usually in .pkg format and can be installed from USB via Package Installer.

I think he's referring to how a lot of games, particularly recent ones, can't be played off the the disc as is, instead requiring full disc installs, and then have updates on top of it.

True, but only because it's airgapped. They'll still be able to FTP in from anywhere on the network while the PS3 in connected even through ethernet, though I'm sure you already know that.

I think the devs are just retarded spics who never considered people might want to use their PS3 without someone scanning for open ports and wiping unprotected drives. The spics I see making Youtube Notepad-based tutorial videos probably think that the IP address itself is a password.

Can't you just mount the game and then hit triangle on the XMB and hit "Check for Updates"?

and in the end PS3 ended up being the only 7th gen worth a shit

Were the Black Friday 2011 Bundle PS3s locked to 3.56+? I vaguely remember something about them being unhackable the last exploit that rolled around and I don't want to dig through my closet and hook it up if it's no.

Question: will I get banned, if I download patches in-game WITHOUT also connecting to the PSN?
Because I didn't realize this was a thing and surmised that all downloads went through PSN.

I asked same but people said no, I dont know really.

no

I remember playing Hawkin's Zombieland on mw2 on ps3, good times.

Because they are in a cluster to calculate things. More of them means more power to calculate, some hospitals also used the PS3 as a server park for calculation medical related data. At the time the PS3 was really cheap for the hardware and thus power it offered, adding the fact that back back then you could put a different OS on it and so forth.

Normally it shouldn't cause trouble, if you're extra paranoid there's an utility to download patches directly on your PC iirc

I've spent the past weeks downloading 2TB of PS3 iso, but damn is it a pain sometimes.

1. I have an half filled external HD drive formatted in ntfs, multiman won't even read it. Save for one specific case: games in iso format, as neither pkg archives or raw games are seen.
2. Often times, raw games come with 4gb+ files that can't even be copied on the PS3 HD or an external fat32 hard drive. If you split those files, then multiman will ask you to preprocess the game: eating up massive quantities of internal space. All I can do, is to convert the full folder into a split iso, which doesn't trigger that message.
3. Converting folders to iso has a drawback, however. Multiman won't let you use external game data if you're using a iso image as source, so you'll have to eat up some internal hd space anyway. As if you were installing a real disk.
4. Forget about pkg files. They fill up the hard drive incredibly fast, and installing them on an external hard drive (exclusively fat32) takes upwards of one hour. But don't ever hope you'll be able to convert one to raw or iso format, it takes fucking forever and a bunch of different tools: you can't standardize the process for a literal hundred games. And multipart pkgs can't even be installed on an external HD, via multiman.

So buy an internal hd and try using mostly games in raw folders.

Would likely depend on if they were newly made PS3s at the time, or old unsold ones that got repackaged. Looking at psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models the 300X slims were out by that point, and by April prior the factory firmware (at least as of model release date) on the 250X Slims had begun to shift to 3.60 minimum.

What's the point and features of CFW.

Didn't they get rid of the need to have CFW installed, gets rid of my main reason to do so.

Why not go with Ferrox?

wololo.net/2017/12/15/ferrox-7-55-4-82-cfw/

To play ps1, ps2 and ps3 backups. Although your mile may vary when it comes to ps2 games as it may not be emulated by a special hardware which the earlier usa and jpn ps3s have.

yeah the part where I have to move 30 gig games on my 10 gig usb by 4gb parts is something im not looking forward to

also with motorstorm and god of war I did by moving whole folder except movie files and then moving moviefiles since those were bit larger

Fucking hell, why is PS3 piracy such a mess? Even the Vita is miles easier, as you can download and install games directly from the PSN

If you have a usb you can just use that to transfer .pkg files over.

Not 4GB or larger ones. I can't split those fuckers on Loonix

I just install them on RPCS3 then transfer the wholly unpacked thing directly on my PS3 via FTP, saves you the nightmare of installing big .pkg on the console itself, and RPCS3 uses the same directories as a CFWed PS3 more or less so you know where shit goes unlike when you just unpack the .pkg by yourself.

That's actually kinda clever, mate.
Gonna give it a try in the evening

Can someone give me an hand?
I bought some year ago a CFWed PS3 with the intent of using it to help me with studying japanese (and also to play most games of that gen).Shit happened,moral of the story it's a year since the last time i booted up and i can't fucking remember how to put games into it (plus i remember something about patching). There is a general guide that explains how to do it?
Additional info: there is an external HD attached to it but i can't for the sake of mine remember its use in this case

Format the hd to fat32, put raw games in the directory /games/, put iso files in /ps3iso/ and pkg files in the root. Raw games are just a named folder which contains the /ps3_game/ subdirectory and more.
Load with multiman or webman.

That sounds real good

If you are hurting for space, you can safely delete the PS3_UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP file that's often found in ISOs. It's not the game's updates, but the firmware update for those with no internet connection (which you obviously won't be needing).

I know how finicky multiman is with NTFS drives, but did you disable Cobra mode in multiman? Doing that allows you to mount NTFS drives and copy files in the file manager, where the only "select all" option is.