Christmas Vidya

Just like how you may find yourself watching "A Miracle on 34th Street", "It's a Wonderful Life", or "A Christmas Story" in preparation for Christmas, what video games do you often play to get in touch with the Christmas spirit?

Though it's not really a Christmas game per se, and I don't do it much anymore, I used to enjoy playing on custom map servers with a Christmas/snow map rotation.

Jews need not apply

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maulana_Karenga
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HO HO HO! FUCK DE WYTMAN AND HEES DEVIL WORK! SMOKE DA 'ERB!

I'm more of a Christmas with the Kranks, kind of guy.

The maps and the Twisted Christmas Zeds are always a good mood setter.
Same reason as above, but with very good music that's worth playing by itself to top it off.
Snow-modded NV with the Christmas quests added in is top-notch.
A scenario with the neurax worm has you being happiness back to Earth, titled "Santa's Little Helper."
A Very Postal Christmas does a similar job that NV does, but with the added joy of it being BATSHIT INSANE!

Either a low-test soyboy, or a roastie.

I only said those because that's what my grandparents used to have on the TV every Christmas morning. I'm more of an Ernest Saves Christmas kind of guy

While technically not Christmas vidya, I always end up playing a few certain games around Christmas time.

Reminds me of Christmas 1991 when my parents got me an SNES. Spent my entire winter break playing it.

The snowy first half of that game is maximum comfy. I picked it up during a Christmas sale a few years back, and it did a great job of putting me in the mood for the holiday.

I don't know why, but playing this game around the holidays just feels right.

Its set in Christmas time when you get out of jail. Carols are played in store and decorations are seen everywhere.

Good goy, commercialize everything.

It's a Wonderful Life is good.

I watch it every year on Christmas Eve around 10pm.

Missing the Christmas TF2 because we have cave man internet. Right in the feels user, ow.

What the fuck even is Kwanzaa? I never even heard of it before like 2004

Niggers steal the best parts of Christmas and Hanukkah, then pretend they though of it.

It's some silly made-up holiday invented by black radicals at some point in the 80's. It was a brief fad among some urban blacks in the 80's/early 90's before fading back into obscurity/ridicule because it turns out the vast majority of blacks just want to celebrate Christmas anyway.

Ah okay, thanks.

But wait! There's more

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maulana_Karenga

bravo sega for the umpteenth time

Best Christmas game.

antichrist detected

We'll be your family this year user, sit and be cozy, snack on some junk food and play vidya with us

I was about to joke about divorce, but now I just realized I still haven't set up plans for this year on how visiting the family will go

I guess I can just make myself and ice house in the snow bio in Terraria and play pretend family with the fluid Druid.

Speaking of pretend families, I should get a dakimakura soon. I couldn't find any good deals on Cyber Monday for them. Woe is me.

Hey don't look so said, turn the Woe into Moe

Where do you live user? Any AZ niggers in this thread?

Why the fuck did the hat thread get deleted.

Also your hat is pretty good, saved

I take it asking people to think of the good times doesn't work, huh? Sorry man. If you need to talk with someone during the holiday, we'll be here

I'm the opposite, I like to spend Christmas in solitude and my family comes unexpected to my home because they know I won't go to them.

Well apparently that's what people want considering this post

I'm definitely booting up my copy of Sonic Gems Collection and playing Sonic R, because it's the ultimate in comfy to me. I'm also gonna find some space to hook up my Dreamcast to play the Toy Commander: Christmas Surprise demo disc, and dig through my Dreamcast games for some nostalgia. I've also got games lined up for the days leading up to Christmas. Elebits has a little bit of a Christmastime feel to it, Megaman X Collection has a lot of good memories of mine associated with it, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor always gets me in a good mood, and I plan on messing around with custom machines in F-Zero GX.

Maybe I'll play some Diddy Kong Racing.

I got Diddy Kong Racing for Christmas so I usually binge on that while the Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer movie plays in the background.

The mods have been on a totalitarian bent lately.

Lately? Or have things finally hit Holla Forums levels where random individual posts are deleted with no explanation like I experienced in their Proud Family thread and quit the board?

But you're all alcoholic assholes who secretly want to kill me So nothing would be different

I play legacy of Goku 2 every year around this time. I'm not doing it on purpose, it just happens to be when I have time freed up and I'm bored. I watch a lot more D LB content in general during the winter, does this happen for anyone else

I still got mine from last year

???
Real Christmas movies are Die Hard 1, 2 and Home Alone.

Not an outright Christmas themed game, but Ghost Trick seems to take place close to Christmas, albeit in a place that may or may not get cold enough for snow. That's just going by the set up in Lynne's apartment though; Sissel never brings it up, nor cares to bring it up either.

Old Nick as a boss mod never ever.

Because that would kill this board, look at tf2

Losing 5 hard drives sucked shit, but it's the little things I miss the most.

At least you got dubs

Get a new drive every so often and back your shit up to it, and then use that as the main drive when the old one gives out (and repeat the process of getting a new backup). I still have my old screencaps and assorted shit from when I first found halfchan nearly a decade back.

What about the 3rd Birthday?

Step it up, fags.

I remember the OP was along the lines of "get a hat on your steam avatar and win prizes!". Guess how many GOGfags that triggered enough to spam report.

SOMEONE SAY HATS?

'CAUSE I GOT HATS

I got some nice hats as well

legitimately prevented me from killing myself last year. It was the first time I ever saw it (I ignored it every year) and it just seemed to come at just the right time. Friends came down to see me and it came on TV.

sorry for the blogpost

I'm atleast 5 or 6 years in on the HDD I got now.
How much before it shits the bed?

The Adam Sandler one is pretty funny too.

Think my dad told me before that five or six years is the expectation, but I can't say from experience myself. Only had to replace mine once though, and thankfully I was able to recover everything from the old one before it finally bit the dust.

i'm gonna replay dark messiah, magicka 1 & 2 and apotheon, i'll stream it if anyone wants to join

Fuck off

Max Payne 1 because it takes place during a snowstorm.

An actual half decent game set during Christmas. Not the best Arkham by a long shot but its seasonal as fuck.

Isn't this it?

These. We need more games with the New York aesthetic.

Disappointed in you fam. Shenmue and Snatcher are the best xmas vidya.

Oh yeah, and Yakuza 2 was also set during Christmas.

You need to go back to 4chan.

As long as it's an interesting take on New York and not fucking GTA:IV tier grey boredom.

>Quoting more than one user when relevant is now halfchan-tier
Why don't you fuck off back there yourself?

somebody is ANGER

Most of the Yakuza games are set during Christmas or at least December. One, Two, Five, and Zero being the most obvious.

It's that time of year again!

I've thought about doing a christmas stream for anons where we watch comfy movies and I play the role of an old friend near the fireplace. Even if it did somehow not devolve into spaghetti it'd just be raided by redditors and normalfags the next year because they would have heard about it.

Fuck off yourself.

As long as you don't spread the word and keep it on cytube, you'll be fine

oh god it is isn't it

What would be the best way to get Diablo and Diablo 2 ?

Obviously without buying them.
I know there probably arent gog repacks considering them are owned by blizzshit and acticuck.

Saints Row 4
DLC How The saints Saved Christmas
Also Warframe giving you the festive Christmas themes.

A Christmas Story got old real fast after the first couple 24h marathons. On so many channels, too.

How do you stand it?

It's OK they're doing a live remake this year.

that does not help.