Emulation General

Remember, before asking stupid questions, read the fucking wiki: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep,_Dog_'n'_Wolf
amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-4/dp/B01LWVX2RG
krikzz.com/pub/support/super-everdrive/v2/manual/super-ed-v2 user manual-EN.pdf
forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=1357&start=0&
pc98.org/main.html
46okumen.com/pc-98-emulation/
github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/issues
8ch.net/v/res/13927577.html
si-gamer.net/gulikoza/glide.html
ia800500.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/33/items/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip
imgur.com/gallery/lbUbP2t
web.archive.org/web/20170507025311/http://psx.silvanthalas.com:80/ntsc-u_current.html
m64p.github.io/
emuparadise.me/PSP_ISOs/Gods_Eater_Burst_(USA)/158763
nicoblog.org/psp/gods-eater-burst-usa/
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3988
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We already have an emulation thread up…

It was locked because the OP was shitting up his own thread. Now get on topic or get the fuck out.

You are very rude

I finished a 117% Spyro YOTD run the other day and started playing Lufia 2 today. Good times.

PPSSPP is nice because games tend to run smoothly on my toaster.

How did you feel about the ratio of minigames to exploration in yotd vs 1?

So RPCS3 got updated recently and a bunch of exclusives started going ingame.

Yes, how long until every single Yakuza game runs smoothly? They all run on the same engine.

Where is the best place to get PC-98 disk images?
Brandish 2 Renewal's fan translation is finished and I want to play it but never dicked around with PC-98 games before

I haven't played 1 in a very long time so I don't recall. At some point it did get a little tedious in yotd having to complete 2 or more mini games in every single level though.

some guy on their discord keeps posting Yakuza screenshots. I assume they all go ingame but the framerate is around 10-15FPS

Use japanese google to find a good jap torrent.

Bugs Bunny Lost in Time, Vampire D and Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes.
Probably Dreamcast right now.

In any case, I have a problem with ePSXe running Pepsiman. There's no sound. I'd run it in Mednafen, but shit doesn't seem to accept .iso format.

you probably have a bad dump off of emuparadise or something

Grab the NTSC-U Redump set from the wiki, since .cue/.bin is the proper format PSX games are dumped in.

Bugs Bunny Lost in Time was released on PC and you can pirate it from IGG as well as the sequel and Sheep Raider. Why would you play the inferior version?

N64 without filters > N64 with filters
what was Nintenjoo thinking?

I know you're memeing but the texture resolution in N64 games is too low to properly simulate color depth without some sort of filtering.
Whats the video on the left from?

Why do the clouds look so wrong in the left?

They were thinking you were going to play the system on a display with scanlines, which improve the image considerably.

Thanks user

I've heard the contrary. Supposedly the PC ports are terrible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No texture filtering.

They aren't ports because the games were designed on PC first. And Sheep Raider looks MILES BETTER on PC than it does on PS1.

Is this PC master race logic? The games came on PS1 first, so they are ported

Where does it say that on the Sheep Raider article? Even then the games were made by Infogrames, an european developer where computers were more popular than consoles. Just look at footage of SR on PS1 and then PC.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep,_Dog_'n'_Wolf

Sheep Raider, sure, but I doubt it with Lost in Time specifically. Dunno about Bugs and Taz either, but I'd say the PS1 version of Lost in Time is as good of not better than the PC version I remember having some problems with it some years ago

I'm back asshat. And now I don't know why the fuck EGG isn't responding to my inputs in Demul. Google doesn't help.

Have you actually mapped your inputs in the first place?

Yes. They work with D2 and Cannon Spike. Last time I thought it's because I had the VMU window as the active window, but that wasn't the case.

Give me a screenshot of your input screen.

First google result has the solution in that thread, my dude.

Could someone help me convert Famicom Disk System files in the ".tds" format with a "TNESd" header into a regular ".fds" file playable on an emulator?

just download the ones in fds format. they aren't exactly big games.

Where, though, is the question? Some places don't host the FDS files of games (Only the Famicom/NES versions of titles), and those places that can I get the FDS files from (that didn't suffer the Nintendo purge) seem to have broken files. So, the only place I can reliably get FDS files from are Nintendo's eShop itself (Using the titlekeys method) and they encode the files in those formats.

Well no wonder I couldn't find anything; been using Startpage as my go-to search engine, since, well, you guys always talk about botnetting or having the gov't or companies monitor your info.

Does the no-intro set not work with Mesen?

Archive.org

And here, just in case.

Wipe those out.

does it not respond to any inputs whatsoever or just certain buttons?

None whatsoever.

Yeah, gonna try that after I'm done installing something. I have a feeling it won't affect anything though.

A'ight it works. Thank you guys.

Playing FFT on Retroarch.
I really hate to use plugin-based emulators and I am too retarded to use Mednafen.
PPSSPP and mGBA.
Keyboard and mouse. :^)

Fighting games, Symphony of the night, and Fire Emblem 4
Dolphin
Gamecube controller for most stuff because that's what I'm familiar with.

Does anyone know how to get nulldc or demul or Chankast to run with inputs from an arcade stick? I don't care which but I'm trying to play fighters with my stick and I can't get the inputs working.

Is this game series where backpack-user got his fetish?

some random N64 gems. testing retroachievements. Actually fun.
PPSSPP because of it's black magic
Original PS1 Dual shock. But still using the 360 gamepad

Thanks for the suggestion. Found a pack FDS games on the site, but the pack itself just contains 60 games. It's still missing most of the library (And, some of the games I want to play). So, back to the first post:

Use the September 2016 set, it has everything.

You clearly didn't read the OP and use the fucking wiki as instructed, because the no-intro set linked there contains an FDS set with 278 games.

Didn't see the initial link due to the formatting caused by the image. Also, found my way, thanks.

So what do you think of the Trump presidency now?

Anyone been able to get the Gameboy Advance Shader from quark's shaders to work with Higen? I am using v106 of the emulator and the GBA shader is drawing a black screen.

I prefer emulators to WINE, personally.

Emulation Piracy General

>What are you playing STEALING?
>What is your favourite emulator METHOD OF THEFT?
>What is your preferred gamepad?

I just emulate GBA games on my DS.

I meant 3DS fuck

just running the game with point filtering instead of Bilinear in an emulator.
this is true with a few games like Legend of Zelda but I honestly prefer turning off anti-aliasing in most instances.

No. In fact I would imagine scan-lines would improve the look of no-filter. The reason (I was told years ago) Nintedo used AA was to eliminate issues with early texture mapping and so they could save disk space with less detailed textures. Same reason we now use mipmapping.

I thought the same thing.

I've never bought nintendo game in my life.
Yet I played most Nes, Snes, Wii and some WiiU games.
How does that make you feel?

It makes me think that you are poor.

Beetle PSX now has compatibility parity with standalone, so you're not losing anything with RA, and are gaining stackable shaders and input lag reducing options if you're into that.

Great taste.
Yikes.

I recommend you try the mGBA core instead.

ZOG through and through.

Yes as a matter of fact i'm jewish.

PSP/PSX games on my vita.
PPSSPP. All emulators should try to be like this one for their respective systems.
Anything that lets me play the game without worrying about controls

I've been using a Logitech F310 for a while now and I've been looking to find an alternative. I mostly use my controller for emulation but I play newer 3D action games as well. This controller looks pretty cool but the lack of analog triggers might be troublesome if I want to play a racing game or emulate Mario Sunshine, plus I'm not sure if the analogs click. Any suggestions?

amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-4/dp/B01LWVX2RG
Regularly goes on sale for ~$40. Since you're familiar with that awful F310, it'll feel like a straight upgrade. DS3 would be another option that's even closer to your F310, and has analog meme buttons to boot, but good luck finding a new one. Both Amazon and Walmart have been shipping fakes if you buy them online.

Look on the back of the controller. There is a switch with a D and an X next to it. Make sure the switch is set to the X so the controller is in X-input mode.

Xenoblade Chronicles 1
I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's emulating really well. I'm working on doing a lot of the side quests that can expire because I don't want to get too far too soon.
I don't know enough about the different emulators to know which could be considered good. But I like Dolphin and PCSX2
PS4 Controller

Do you mind posting your specs? I'm curious to know if XCX will run decently on my PC and want to compare.

A friend of mine who has a DS4 was complaining about the D-Pad while we were playing a fighter, so I'm kind of wary about it. Plus I've heard of the rubber on the sticks wearing out easily.

I was talking about the 8bitdo.

Nope. The rubber on the sticks was an issue on the very first run of controllers. It has been good to go for like 2 years. As for the dpad, if you're satisfied with your F310, it absolutely crushes it. The 8bitdo (along with the buffalo controllers) have serious QC issues that have yet to be addressed: broke shoulder buttons on the 8bitdo, and phantom inputs on the buffalos).

How do shadowmask CRT shaders at 1440p and 2160p compare to 1080p?
Specifically CRT-royale.

Hey, I hate to be that faggot but I need some consultation. Long story short I want to load a bunch of roms onto a Super Everdrive and give it as a christmas gift. Whats the Quality of Life on that thing and is it just a matter of loading a bunch of ROMs on a compatible SD card?

DS4 or even 360 pad is decent for 3D games. Really anything is better than the flimsy nigger pad that is the F310

krikzz.com/pub/support/super-everdrive/v2/manual/super-ed-v2 user manual-EN.pdf

Does anybody build Linux binaries of Ishiiruka, especially as a PPA? Mainline Dolphin is worthless, and compiling each version of Ishiiruka is tedious.

You can either grow a spine or go back to reddit if you want people to spare your fee fees.

Shotgun mouthwash is your salvation fucking kike.

Short of a Hori controller or a stick, DS4 is the best bet for fighting games. Microsoft dpads are absolute dogshit and so are most other alternatives.

somebody explain this shit to me

I've been using Mednafen to emulate a bunch of Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon and Guardian Heroes, but the whole reason I looked into Saturn emulation in the first place was because I wanted to play Radiant Silvergun. For some fucking reason, no matter where I get the bin/cue files from, trying to run the game through Mednafen results in jack shit - not even a window opening and closing, nothing happens at all. Every other Saturn game I've downloaded with proper cue sheets has worked just fine, and yet I've gotten downloads from multiple different sources for Silvergun and nothing works. Does Mednafen just not support this game? If that's the case someone point me to a different emulator, because I want nothing more than to play this game right now.

Might want to report it here: forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=1357&start=0&

Use SSF. Mednafen's compatibility is pretty shit.

where did you get your radiant silvergun from?

You might just be missing Japanese bios

How's the state of Dreamcast emulation? I've wanted to emulate Border Down for some time on the Dreamcast, though usually sixth-gen consoles still have poor emulation. I could also try emulating it on MAME, but MAME tends to shit itself when it comes to emulating anything 3D without a NASA PC.

its ok if you just want to play games. Demul is the best emulator so far but its windows only.

get demul

Thought this might be the problem, but it doesn't seem to be. The source I got the US BIOS from supplied the Japanese one too, but just to be safe I got it again from another source, and nothing changed. It's named properly based on every source I've checked.

Loads of places. emuparadise, theISOZone, coolrom, and one or two links to megas from random forum posts. None of them behaved any differently.

I tried downloading SSF before mednafen, but can't for the life of me find any guides on using it. Executing the applications in the download just gives a pop-up saying "??????CD??????" which I assumed meant you either needed to mount the disc image you wanted or somehow point the emulator to the file you need before running it, but I can't figure out how. Is there a guide you know of? or would you be willing to spoonfeed?

ayy, ignore my pathetic begging, I did a little more searching and figured things out with SSF. Got the game to boot up fine. Thanks for the help, anons

nice bait post, faggot. You just drop a (1) and fucked off. At least four anons bite including me. You might already be aware of the fact how a anonymous imageboard works and that you effort (not the effort to tell everyone about your shitty opinion, i speak about the effort to post a bait comment) will vaished into the void of nothingness like all the other bait post. It might be fun to see at least a few reaction but after that you will left with a whole in your soul. It is getting bigger my friend. Each time you try it.

pc 98 emulating worth it?

Do you want to play PC-98 games?

Judge it yourself.
pc98.org/main.html

try to get farland translation running. Already found the english translated files, i try right now to get it to run with neko core in retroarch.

Taking my son through the old MegaMan games, we're through 1-5, working on 6. Super Mario 64, Zelda 64.
Kinda side answer, lakka is fucking brilliant. Whoever came up with the rewind feature for emulators is a goddamn genius, it's fun as fuck.
Xbox 360 wired controllers are being replaced by the Xbone One wired controllers. I just can't argue with the plug n play simplicity, and the D pad on the XBone controller is surprisingly competent. Steam "controller" was a god awful abomination on mankind.
On a side note, running the old first gen poly games at higher resolutions is a blast. Even with a simple bi-linear filter and higher res, it is a noticeable yet still genuine upgrade. And HOLY FUCK did Zelda 64 perpetuate the over-chatty, over-explained, WAAAY too much text (ESPECIALLY FOR A KIDS GAME) trend in gaming. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY, NAVI, DEKU TREE, OWLMOTHERFUCKER, EVEN ZELDA, BITCH SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GET KIDNAPPED ALREADY.

ok, it's running, seems only to work with HDI images. Only problem, i have no font, no letters and shit, can't read a damn thing.

It works fine on mednafen. Your dump is probably broken.

46okumen.com/pc-98-emulation/

already found the font rom, try to get it to run with retroarch.

Did you try putting it in the 'system' folder?

try it, also made a np2 folder and put it there. Nothing. Doesn't work at all.

Did you open the core options menu in-game and select the font?

the F11 menu doesn't work, it was disabled in this core. Same for the KAI version.

I'd ask bparker on the libretro discord, since the readme is in fucking japanese.

Trying some stuff in RPCS3, apparently 3DDGH got fixed and runs rather well, Working through unlocking stuff in AB climax too
Don't really have one, I kinda just use whatever I feel like at the time
EDGE 301 or DS4

ok, i will try this now.

ok, it werks.

ok, everything is working smoothly and perfect.
Even with retroarch, the np2 folder with the fonts had to be in the firmware folder of retroarch. For some odd reason the bmp file had to be renamed to font.bmp. The Neko emu is better when it comes down to sound but only with retroarch you can bind the mouse directly with the analog stick on your joypad. I guess it is up to everyone else which emu he prefers.

Anyway, the system runs perfect and i have to say, it is worth it. It makes me actually a little bit sad to see so less love for pc98. Games are really great on it but only a handfull are translated and there is in general a lag of talk about PC98.

Got all Farland Story's and they all look very nice. A gem that everyone missed. Also wanted to patch the mech gem but i guess i am a damn noob when it comes down to xdelta patching. Actually not that hard but holy shit there are so many patches for this one game, how am i able to do this without a whole day of work.

overall, this system needs more love a shame for all the missed beautys on that machine.

uh shit, where did the time go? Since my last post two hours have past!? damn.

CRT shader of choice for SNES gaming?

I have been testing out the ones in the Retroarch shader package and I can't find one that can be considered perfect. Either the shader is too artificial or scaling issues occur creating moire patterns.

I'm a fan of Royale for the SNES.

What planet are you on?

Yeah the dpad on the ds4 isn't very good. It's great for analogue games though. But if you need a good dpad get a saturn controller.

Royale needs 4k minimum.

Either a bios issue, your cue sheet is wrong, or your ISO is just plain fucked. RSG works fine in mednafen.

Demul is the way to go.

Geom, Lottes, Easymode, Hylian are all good. Tweak them if they don't look right - they all have heaps of options. If you're getting moire patterns then disable screen curvature or enable integer scaling or something.

The six button Genesis controller has the best dpad I've ever used. Saturn is close.

Been trying out different shaders and I believe the one that fits the closest to my old Sony Wega is Easymode with halation.Not 100% sure how to replicate it since the old TV has died so I am going on based on gut feeling.

is there a simple tutorial as to how to use/install mednafen and medgui and get games and gamepad working on them? i want to play some playstation 1 games

Don't need a GUI.

Get a real CRT.

I always forget that term whenever I want to reference the phenomenon.

you mean CRW? that patch is easy as fuck to apply. just put your disk images in the same folder as the program that came with the patches and it'll do all of that automatically. you don't have to patch each file individually, that's retarded.

What's the best Amiga emulator?

WinUAE these days

What is your preferred?

Not with the aperture mask and interlacing turned on.
Try it for yourself, the screenshots don't show the scanlines blending together.

forgot to mention that this works only on cores with x480 or higher internal resolution.

thinking about grabbing a fighting stick for Pc gaming and thinking about using it even for non-fighting games , is it a good idea ? what could replace the right analog if i do so ?

It's not going to cut it for most gen5+ games, but there's a lot of people who enjoy using arcade sticks for general use with gen4 and below.
Nothing. You'll want a second gamepad.

I know N64 emulation is shot to shit, but I just wanna know if there's a way to get Glover's graphics to look right.

angrylion

Just play the PSX version

N64 emulation is great, you just need an equally great CPU.

It isn't.
Every single game has timing issues.

Sounds like you've got a looooot of issues to post, user. github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/issues

Angrylion is a freaking joke.

Thats an RDP plugin you mong. It doesn't even touch the RSP. Not to mention its a buggy mess to use too with missing dithering and poor color depth.
Go play Knife Edge Nose Gunner using that.

Post up some issues, fam. Surely you could take some of the time you spent shitposting to notify ata4 of these problems by posting some git issues, right?

the retarded retroarch hack dev finally fixed n64 core controller configs in july or something. At last I can properly play n64 games

here, have a thread full with content to emulate
8ch.net/v/res/13927577.html

Nigger which part of not touching the RSP you don't understand?
Its a fucking graphical plugin. It has nothing to do with the timing issues.

user, what do you think I was talking about? Instead of shitposting like an angry little child, why don't you contribute to the scene?

Is this the part where you claim to be just pretending?

Calm down and play some vidya, bud. This will be your last off-topic (You), I think you've had enough.

Guys guys, c'mon man. Work with what we've got.

Why don't you try the PC version?

Nice projection faggot
Consider this your last (you)

It's probably easier to emulate the PSX version than running 3D PC games designed for Windows 95/98 computers.

Do GLSL shaders perform better than CG shaders? I was testing out crt-royale and I noticed that the GLSL version in the libretro library does not work exactly like the CG version. One example is that the s-video shader + crt-royale combo does not work with GLSL with it outputting wonky video while the original CG preset works fine.

how do I emulated glide for Screamer Rally?
Tried it with the latest EmuCR builds of Dosbox-ECE and Dosbox-X.
ECE has glitches in OGL and is unplayable in software, Dosbox X 32bit on the other hand throws this error everytime regardless of settings while the 64bit version does nothing at all.
t. W10 with an r9 390, crimson 17.11.4, nglide 1.05
pls no billy

This seems to be what you want.
si-gamer.net/gulikoza/glide.html
I've seen a couple video with that + NGlide working fine but dgVoodoo might be more stable.

Where do I find a shareddata.bin file? I want to see the menus on MarioKart 8.

Ever since EMUParadise got purged where can I get roms for DKC series, LttP, and Mario games? I found a few sites that looked good at first but when I hit download it was as a .exe and that just set off red flags for me.

ia800500.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/33/items/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip

Thanks boss, I appreciate it.

Good lord what a pain in the ass it was to get that game running properly.
Turns out any other dosbox than the 32bit daum build an heroes in various ways or has shit performance, but daum-32 crashes on setup so I have to use the 64bit version to configure my controls.
When it does werk it only does so in fullscreen, windowed mode is an unmoveable window in the top left corner of the desktop for whatever reason.
The only thing left now would be to eliminate the emulated GUS' autistic screeching.

These menus should gradually appear as the shader cache grows at least that's what they did on my r9 390.

also meant for

I have all my original hardware in the closet and the one thing that I am forever grateful for is emulation cause jesus fucking christ. My copy of SOTN should not be worth 100$ let alone my copy of Chrono Trigger. Fuck these faggots. Also, N64 emulation feels just fine to me. I even pulled out my japan cart and n64 with my crt to do a side by side comparison.
BUT THANK GOD FOR SPEED RUNNERS RIGHT ANONS?

what else fucking nigger

Pure sex, but the 6 button sega controller rivals it pretty hard.

Subhuman.

Is there a compatibility list for bsnes-mercury SGB emulation?

Trying out Cool Riders in MAME, due to influence from Classics of Game. How do I disable the second screen/iteration of the game, so I'm only playing on one?

Also, anyone figure out the issues with it's audio?

Shoulder buttons are a pain in the ass with fightans

Recently some optimizations got merged in the canary builds of Citra.
CPU is i5 6500

Professor Layton also saw great speed improvments

Hit tab and check video options. Otherwise there'll either be a specific single screen version of the ROM or a setting in the dipswitch options.

I didn't realize byuu was a retarded tranny now, so much for moving on with your life you fucking loser.

Also why the fuck not just get regular therapy or take normal anxiety medication? The former worked relatively well in my case for OCD.

Ultimately he is just trying to treat his personality issues with medication that alters brain chemistry rather than actually trying to change himself.

OCD is very easy to deal with without any medication and considering how he writes his code, his OCD is hyper specific if it exists in the first place. He is more likely to be suffering from Munchausen syndrome than anything else.

I've been playing through the Patapon games on PPSSPP, are there any other PSP games you lot suggest? I already grabbed Peace Walker, though I'm enjoying Patapon more. I never played another mainline MGS game, I now realize people calling them cinematic experiences weren't entirely shitposting.

If you like God of War chains of olympus and ghost of sparta are perfectly fine portable installments.
If you haven't played the original Lemmings at all PSP has a remaster/rerelease which replaces the sprites with 3D models but is an otherwise faithful recreation with a few quality of life improvements.
If you like FF7, Crisis Core is a pretty fun game. Same for Dissidia 012 but for final fantasy in general.
PSP also has a compilation of FF4 with high reworked higher resolution assets instead of just having a filter applied to them. The episodes are trash but the base game is the same old.
Chinatown Wars is a solid top down GTA game. Liberty City and Vice city Stories are more in the vein of Vice City.

Don't attempt to play the MGS games out of order. They won't make any god damned sense.

gtuv50 is the only shader I really like since I can make it look like the crappy RF tv I used to use as a kid since I didn't grow up using TVs 3 inches away from my face or Trinitrons.

Doesn't look like any tv I've ever seen. My sharp tv from the late 90s looks closer to my misc1 image than anything else I've found and I've got the benefit of a side-by-side comparison, but the illusion only holds up from 4+ feet away. The picture quality on the sharp is the same as the emerson that it replaced. What the fuck kind of tv did you have, user?

80's model tv, Zenith, can't remember the year but it was styled like this.

I had a friend who had a tv just like that as a kid, although the only thing I remember about the picture was that everything had a pink tint for some reason.

user are you in your late 30s?

People always told me I looked and acted old for my age. 20's.

Bump

How do I make Jet Force Gemini work on 1964? Can't progress past the press-start screen. What settings do I need to adjust?

1964 hasn't been updated in over a decade
Use PJ64 or Mupen64plus

Mupen64plus core in retroarch got updated, running very well now if not better than p64. Only problem is the sound lag but you can use retroarchs audio settings to double the audio buffer up to 128.

Here's your (You)

Blur was a sign of quality in the 90s

I emulate C64, Amiga and PS2 mostly. Got all the machines, but emulation just works better most of the time. It looks great, has improved graphics, or at least runs faster/smoother.

What bugs me is playing post-DOS era PC games. These "inbetween" games are the hardest to play on a modern machine. There are no emulators for those, just hacks like dxwin. The "run in compatibility" mode has also never worked for anything, ever. I legit bought the Sam&Max collection, because they're new enough not to be abandonware, but good luck getting them to run. Even some GOG releases, like Desperados, still need extra hacks to work, while PS2 games from the same era run flawlessly now. I wish there were some decent emulators old windows games.

Maybe try using virtual machine with some old version of windows?

What specs and emulator do you use? I am running a AMD FX 6300 and 290, PCXS2 run some games like shit and others "ok" about 75% of the time regardless of settings changed almost. I don't think upgrading my GPU would help much even when trying to run at 3200x1800 via VSR due to the shiity CPU and PSP is making "upgrading" to Rayzen unappealing.

Is a vita worth the extra cash compared to a normal psp when it comes to emulation? Will it run anything better?

I've been thinking about trying that, but afaik the GPU won't be virtualized and stuff like (modern) joypads won't be recognized. Still worth a shot though.

PCSX2 1.4 running on a Ryzen [email protected] and a GTX960. Haven't played a lot of titles yet though, just a bunch of favorites on 1920x1080. Everything runs smooth and I haven't seen any high CPU or GPU usage, but I haven't checked if it's primarily single threaded, so for all I know it could be topping a single core.

It didn't. Its still the same busted shit from two years back. The only thing that got updated was the angrylion backend which still runs better in PJ64.

Update to dev builds. PCSX2 is pretty well optimized to make use of multiple threads.

Obviously not since a few things that didn't work back then work fine now.

Like what?
Its still worse than both standalones with no one actually maintaining it.

That makes twice as bad as the default setting. You want a smaller buffer to improve audio lag.

Space Invaders 1999 used to just show garbage and crash on every port of Mupen64, then it got fixed several month ago.

Funny you would say that, on the very same game I end up with several seconds of desync between audio and gameplay on m64p, but not with the RA core, PJ64 works if you really don't care about the shitty audio.
N64 emulation is just the same shithole it has ever been and no single emulator is actually the definitive one.

what outdated version of it are you using?
Doesn't mean you have to use modern day equivalent of daedalus

That was the latest from somewhat before the MT Angrylion merge in RA

Go to bed logan.

You are using an outdated piece of shit that doesn't get maintained at all. There is nothing hyperbolic about that. I bet if something like RA didn't exist you would be eating up Epsxe and Zsnes and then getting mad whenever someone called them rightfully subpar.

I mean what can you expect from someone who unironically mentions PJ64 being better at anything.

what did he mean by this?

Nice projection faggot. The only game you mentioned has none of the issues you claimed it had in standalone
Is being a retard pretty much required to be a retroarch user?

Yeah I'm sure you took your time to actually test it.
still

For emulation, no. Native emulators on the Vita largely don't exist (maybe there's a Retroarch build for Vita, but I don't use it), and most of it is run through PSP emulators via Adrenaline. So you're still capped at 333mhz, making SNES and N64 emulation iffy at best. You can make it a bit more seamless by using a bubble installer to put a shortcut to Adrenaline that loads the game/emulator you want directly. But it's still PSP emulation.

Most of what makes the Vita nice for emulation, is the same shit that makes it nice for every other game. Bigger, higher resolution screen. Second analog stick. L2/R2 & L3/R3 map-able to the front and rear touch screens.

My Vita has pretty much completely replaced my PSP as my portable go-to game/emulation machine - but it's still just a fancier PSP which also has a few of it's own homebrew apps, more input options, and the ability to play Vita games.

Because downloading a 6 MB ROM takes hours right?
Literally run the game right now and record a video faggot
great argument
any more pearls of wisdoms from your special ed class?

Your baseless claim isn't even worth acknowledging.

He means roughly anything Windows 95~XP. A lot of that shit barely runs these days, and compatibility mode for XP is janky at best - and usually worthless.

How would you test a bug that only happens after a certain time of play in less than 5 minutes.

Not gonna play a full game to get the full effect where you can get over 5 seconds of delay but you clearly see it's desynced and that's if you play 15 or so minutes and it happens at random and continually gets worse until you reset.

If only I could shit on yours but you have none.

What console are those joy sticks for? The game cube?

Your assumptions are as baseless as your "arguments"
Yeah because fast forwarding in a menu is takes a lot of effort

Are you actually playing the game?

What does this have to do with anything, the bug only really triggers when you actually play the game what would fast forwarding in the menu accomplish?

You should. It got updated recently and works great.

I normally do, but I wanted mouse support. I can find comments of 1964 running the game so I know it's possible.

Isn't PS2 Emulation usually memed on for being stupidly bad?

Im at a point where i dont know if i should just emulate PS2 content, or if i should modchip my PS2 Slim or not.

It runs the full spectrum from perfect / very fast to terrible / absurdly slow.
It really 100% depends on the game you wanna play.
t.

So… how is PS Vita emulation doing?

It doesn't exist.

Runs a hello world and a handful of very basic homebrew but nobody is even remotely actively working on it so might as well not exist for all you care

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

thats a specific build someone hacked together only for Perfect Dark and Goldenye 007

Come back in exactly 7 years.

Nobody loves Vita. But a few of its titles are ported to other platforms, what were you wanting to play?

Whats the best settings for PCSX2 for Yakuza 2? I heard this game needs specific versions of the emulator or plugins in order to run correctly.

I tried PSP emulation for the first time so I have no games. I have some lists for recommendations but it's just ports and multiplats. Are there any PSP games that are exclusive or at least the definitive version? I don't want stuff I can get on a better platform with higher quality assets.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD edition. You can even play it online with randoms or friends.

Okay, got it. What else?

My Vita is sucking absolute dick. I'm trying to emulate GBA games and it's having problems, anyone got any ideas on which settings/emulators/options I have or can do to improve it? I've tried both Retroarch's VBA core and mGBA and both can't run Fire Emblem either at full speed (mGBA) or with so many problems like audio and video stuttering and heavy amounts of static that it feels like shit to play (Retroarch).
Anyone got any tips on what I can do? To give an idea, Retroarch with nothing running and no programs running is running at about 82-85%?

mGBA nightlies should get full speed, if you still get slowdowns it's almost certainly a plugin issue.

Yeah just installed and tried the latest nightly. Still ran like shit.

What are some good DS games?
All I've got up until now is
Never went hard in the console, so I don't know many games.

custom robo
pokemon ranger 1-3 if you have a tablet or real hardware
mario kart
metroid prime hunters is worth a shot but most people don't like it.
hotel dusk
sonic rush

Chibi Robo, Dark Spire, Beyond the Yellow Brick Road, Front Mission, Lost in blue

Megaman ZX + ZX Advent
Sonic Rush + Rush Adventure
Mario&Luigi Partners in Time + Bowser's Inside Story
Giana Sisters DS

Software mode.

Best emulation frontend to use on a living room tv?

if you start from new, get only NO INTRO rom sets. Use Retroarch for the old tier emulation (NES,SNES,MEGADRIVE,T16, and so on)
Get all the other emulators (read OP)
Consider to use Ishiruka insteed dolphin.
Use Mednafen for saturn emulation
PCSX2 is gay shit but the only way to get ps2 gems, consider to search up for 'different settings for each game' (easy way is to use the ps2 plug in from within launchbox)

No that everything is set up, get your frontend, either take one of the many open source (emulation station) or be a good goy and use launchbox (or simple search for launchbox 7.10 crack)

Use an extern HDD, at least 1TB.
This is NOT done in one day, consider to tweak more than a year on your gaming vault.
Good luck

what's the difference between NO INTRO roms and regular ones?

so far i know, the no intro team has the best ones, also a lot of hacks and translator use them, retroarch and retroarchievement use them too. They have the same hash

Oh I see, thank you

Patapon is worth a look, the first game is probably the tightest self contained experience. The second game gets pretty grindy, though can be considered a direct upgrade from Patapon since it still follows the same formula, but adds Heroes which reward perfect rhythm and offer some more variety to your army, on top of having a lot more repeatable content, a longer story and more stuff to unlock/find. If you really like Patapon and want to continue to 2 I suggest farming some high level mats like Super Cedar and Mithril for a while before moving on, as you can move saves between the games and will get to keep the mats you farmed in 2.

The third game changes the formula up a lot, it dumbed down army management by reducing it to a team of 3 regular Patapons and your hero instead of instead of 3 whole squads + hero for up to 19 units. It's also an experience system now where leveling things up unlocks new rarepons instead of farming mats/kaching There are also some poorly conceived mechanics such as Djinn which just aren't worth using. On top of this the "feeling" of the world isn't as neat, the hunting and minigames made for nice downtime between combat missions, but Patapon 3 is nothing but combat. The music also became more rock-oriented instead of the tribal feel of the first two games, I'm not really a fan of it but it's not bad.

Cannot get PCSXR(-PGXP) to run at a decent speed. I've tried the different graphics configurations, different sound plug-ins, switch BIOS, and nothing can seem to play above 6-20 FPS (Regardless of settings).

set cpu overclocking up

did you get your build from Emucr?

Yes, but I guess I'll have experiment with it more.

No, got the build from the "official" PCSX-R page. I'll try that as soon as I get back home.

Is a 360 controller good enough for N64 games?

Does an android gamepad exist with a phone holder that connects via USB-C instead of fucking bluetooth? Bluetooth always lags on my phone.

PCSX2 please fix your Software Renderer.

I have no idea why but this is the sexiest name for an emulator I have ever seen.

basicly an add on made by iceCat to get pixelCorrcted and native widescreen support. Looks sexy as fuck.

Not sure were else to post this. My dad just got pic related for Christmas. He mostly just wants to replay super mario and a few other classics. I've seen cartridges for the N64 that could be loaded with SD cards or USBs. Do they have anything like that for the super nintendo, would it work on this?

why not just set him up with a PC and an emulator?
If that thing can actually read cartridges then you'll need to buy a flash cart and load ROMs on that

If I had known he wanted to play super mario I probably would have.

Some unusal recommended PS1 games to emulate?

Lsd
Monster rancher
Net yaroze

Thank you very much.

Deception 1,2 and 3
Alien Resurrection
If you can speak Japanese, PS1 had a great remake of Wizardry 4 in New Age of Llylgamyn

Phantasy Star Portable 2 if you like that kind of game. The Infinity version is far superior but the fan translation is still in the works.

There are decent Ace Combat games on it that were never ported.

As far as I know, the PSP remake of Final Fantasy Tactics is still the best one. Has a bunch of added content, including characters, classes, items, and multiplayer (co-op and vs). Find the fan patch that fixes the nonsensical slowdown on spell effects. It's easy to install; just drop it in a folder and run the game.

I wanted to suggest Peace Walker and Birth by Sleep, but they got HD console ports.

So, say you want to do Cemu and Citra emulation. Is it difficult ~*~legally~*~ acquiring Wii U and 3DS games? I remember building up my collection of games from the NES - Wii/DS era quite easily a year ago, but when I got to Wii U/3DS, things were only getting started and the sites I managed to find hadn't built up any sort of reputation. Any anons able to provide hints on where I should go?

They are very easy to find, you can easily find them on any search engine.
I don't know anything about Wii U games, but 3DS needed some roundabout way to play them it was something related to rom files compression.
The most annoying thing about these two is to get bioses for emulators.

Does Mednafen have a mute button? If not can one be bound? I want to have it windowed and muted in a corner so I can grind in shitty JRPG's while watching shitty youtube videos.

go to your task bar, eventually on the right side you might see a white megaphone symbol. Click on that - open sound mixer. Turn down the slider for mednafen. Done

now to something different.
Tell me who you are, how old you are and how you found out about this place. Please.

Turn the volume down.

i can code a mute button for you if you want. Just give me your email so i can send it to you. I also need to know what Hardware you have. It will take some time but meanwhile you can do me a favour, to run my code better you can delete the junk from your pc. This helps a lot, make a right cklick on c:/ and format it. This will remove all junk.

PSA
CEMU 1.11.3 is out for Patreons and includes multi-core dynamic recompiling finally
That is all
There is already a crack floating around, or you can just wait a week
In Hateno village on BotW with single core I get around 20 fps with drops to as low as 14 fps and occasionally up to 25 fps

With dual-core I get around 26-29 fps with drops no lower than 20 fps
With tripple-core I get around 28-30 fps and dips no lower than 22 fps

Going from double to tripple core is not as dramatic as going from single to double but its still a clear improvement. One thing mutlucore dynarec fixes is frame-pacing. Before I would get dramatic fps swings resulting in terrible frame pacing that looked awful. Outside of towns you can easily expect a constant unbroken 30 fps

Also my specs are a Skylake i7, GTX 970M and 14GBs of DDR4

Also running at native 1080p with FXAA, High-Res shadows, and Clarity graphics if it makes any difference

Been looking all over for one, can't find shit. Don't tease me, user.

Almost seems like you're GPU limited to me

Haven't searched hard enough t seems.

Bottleneck is almost certainly my GPU now. But the multicore dynamics certainly helped smooth out my framerate and now virtually all frame pacing issues are gone. Just can't quite hit that 30fps consistently in towns but at least it doesn't completely feel like shit

agree, this works always.

Are you people idiots, are you so desperate for an undeserved sense of superiority that you never read past the first sentence of a comment? If I mute system sound how the fuck am I supposed to hear what I'm watching? I can't believe three fucking people managed to all be this fucking illiterate in a row.

Are you so retarded that you don't know that every single program you're running can be muted/have its volume adjusted individually? Literally every single one, and there's even an icon in your taskbar that shows this.

imgur.com/gallery/lbUbP2t
We found a redditor folks

I just binge played King's Field 1-3 back to back this week and I'm still not burned out somehow. Debating on whether I should move on to King's Field IV or try out Shadow Tower since it has similar gameplay.

Late as fuck, but if you're still looking:

Magical Starsign
Phantasy Star Zero
Trauma Center
Devil Survivor
SMT: Strange Journey
Advance Wars (I enjoyed both Dual Strike and Day's of Ruin)
Etrian Odyssey 1-3
Henry Hatsworth

Shadow tower is shit comparatively. I love the hell out of the kingsfield series. Give it a try though, I feel like if you can get past some of the bullshit there's a really cool world to explore.

Shadow Tower is pretty rad, but it kicked my shit in repeatedly in my first play through. I recommend it, loads of fun.

The lack of a compass or shitty map is getting to me. Atmosphere sucked me right in though.

This game is starting to unnerve the hell out of me. The lack of music and tight corridors with the constant sound of something nearby isn't helping.

The first Shadow Tower isn't all that great tbh.The second one on PS2 is fantastic though.

Just run PSX the emulator (aka PSXfin).

Its time to update your ZSNES m8
PSXfin had compatibility issues a decade back and it hasn't been updated since.

With what games? It's the most compatible and accurate emulator I've seen.
Plus you get to change your key bindings mid-game and take proper screenshots with no black bars or stretching, some things I can't say for Mednaffen.

Resident Evil Zero, RE2 (Claire scenario) and soon RE1 (Chris scenario)
Dolphin
Keyboard

There's a topic I've been thinking about lately. Instead of emulating games by interpreting (as in translating) every single line of code in the ROM during runtime, why not interpret all the code before runtime to create a "translated" ROM that just runs like a normal windows program?

This would eliminating the emulator overhead so the game would run faster and demand less resources from the PC. A quick google search turned up something called "static recompilation" which I believe is what I'm trying to describe, but this concept is not applied because supposedly the code in any given ROM changes at runtime, so the "static" approach would not work.

Anybody heard about that before?

Then you need to get out from your cave. It wasn't even the most accurate back then.
web.archive.org/web/20170507025311/http://psx.silvanthalas.com:80/ntsc-u_current.html

Thanks for that link. It seems accurate with the games that matter, don't see why I can't keep using it bearing in mind the reasons in my previous post. I always keep Mednafen handy regardless in case that one game pops up.

You didn't read the list.

Skimmed through it.
By "games that matter" I meant the games that matter to me personally.

Then actually read it, because nearly every game on that list has problems.
And I'm pretty those play like shit in pSX.

Sure? I mean it's an emulator after all, but nonetheless…
I don't recall encountering a single problem in any game I played. There was one texture glitch in Silent Hill 1 that I remember vividly but I reproduced it in Mednafen, so.

Maybe there were problems in my games and I didn't encounter them? Or maybe I didn't notice because they were negligible? Or maybe this list wasn't updated for every single game anytime the emulator was updated, and half of these problems are already gone in my version of the emulator?

Hard to tell.

I'm having issues with Retroarch and screen stuttering and I can't find a fix for it.

I'm trying to play GBA games. I have VSync on and fullscreen (not windowed fullscreen) on.

*It's the only emulator you've seen then.

Sounds like you're dropping frames, what is your framerate like?

glideN64 updated to 3.0 today, i tested mystical ninja through PJ64 (because mupen64 kept crashing and being a piece of shit) so far the game runs perfectly fine 60fps , AA and internal res up to 4x. But for some reason the game lags tremendously every time the camera turns on its own. Can't think of a setting to change that would fix this. Anyone have ideas?

Are you retarded or something? I literally said I used Mednafen and found it worse than PSX.
Speaking of, I should list every reason why I don't use Mednafen:
>converting a game file from iso/mdf/img to bin+cue using all possible imaging programs (free and proprietary) doesn't work, the converted files will not play on Mednafen but will play just fine on PSX

SNES, PSX , GBA (sometimes), and N64 favorites, rom-hacks, and obscure games
I don't have a favorite emu tbh. As long as they do a decent job, I am happy with them.
I just use a shitty logitech gamepad and it works well enough.

Wish my craptop could emulate PS2 at 60fps, but that's impossible along with any new game that comes out.

Wrong

Anything else isn't worth using, not a negative.

You'd have to go out of your way to download .ccd/.img/.sub or make them yourself, problem solves itself by not being a retard.

You don't need to convert an .iso in a lot of case you just need to point the proper .cue to it it's not supported and maght cause problems but it works, you only have .mds/.mdf if you're a retard.

Refrain from shilling your antiquated crap here, especially if you're gonna make shit up and spill your own incompetence all over the place to justify it.

Forgot to add:
>a new memory card file is auto generated for every single game

I'm currently building an entry level gayman pc for a friend and since he will be playing mostly shitty e-sports games and emulators i was going to get him a i3 7100, however while i was checking parts i realized i could get him a cheaper Ryzen 3 1200(@3.7ish OC) build instead which is also future proof unlike intel builds and their socket kikery.

I've always used intel for emulation so i don't know shit about AMD emulation performance.
Would a Ryzen 3 1200(@3.7) be enough to emulate stuff at 1080p/60 fps on emulators like Dolphin, CEMU, Citra, Mednafen, PCSX2, etc.?

Tell me how to do it then, and explain pic related.
I download all my ROMs from Emuparadise since sometimes they have the only working copy of a certain game, and in some cases that copy is in the formats I mentioned. It's not my fault that the games were ripped in these formats and that the emulator doesn't have a very basic feature already covered by all other PS1 emulators on the face of the fucking planet.
I want my monitor to stop blanking out every fucking time I start a fucking ROM. No other "major" emulator, for any other system, that I know of does this stupid shit.

No problem.
Forget about it. These emulators are VIP and will be for at least 2-3 years.
No problem.
Minor problems, but it would probably be caused by plugin option juggling.

Counter Strike is very CPU dependant, as is most Source games. Just fyi

Hyper Metroid in my Hacked 3DS via "Snes9x for 3DS". I'm surprised by the homebrew's quality and the game itself. It feels like a proper Super Metroid, although yesterday I got stuck at the Golden Torizo battle. It's hard as fuck now.
Snes9X, it has never failed me whether it's on Wii, 3DS, Vita or PS3. I love it, Also Genesus Plus GX and Picodrive
Haven't found it yet. I'll get a Fighting Commander and/or a SNES Gamepad Adapter as my old Madcatz Fightpad just gave up on me

I've been wanting to introduce my friend to the joys of the SNES, and one of those joys is Seiken Densetsu 3.

Trying to netplay this motherfucker, but ZSNES' netcode is absolute garbage, and a shitty emulator in general. How can I make this shit work for him in a retard-proof way?

I have been trying to run this trough PCSXR but it always freezes at some point in the mausoleum, have tried different BIOS's to no avail.

There's your problem, try PSXfin or Mednafen.

By reading the documentation of the things you use.

Casual kiddies can't handle mednafen without shitty launchers

Really makes you think

Still your fault for using shitty sources to begin with.

Nope, refrain from making broad statements you cannot possibly back up
Not only that but the reason why some emulator support some format directly is because they're hacky shit by nature, can't bypass the requirement for proper track info without dubious fudging around the game executable which ePSXe and friends can do because it doesn't load PS1 games the way an actual PS1 would which is inaccurate, proper track info requires specific formats (hence no support for .iso) and some of those formats aren't widely used (hence no support for .mds/.mdf)
I do give you that there's little reason it shouldn't support both pbp and ecm because the first is just a packed up .bin/.cue and the latter is just stripped of error correction data which you could restore on the fly anyways

Because the time you spend properly supporting aero is usually less than dealing with the complaints of the lack of supports despite it being a shittier thing for everyone involved, thankfully recaptcha gives no fuck and that's why mednafen is the most compatible PS1 emulator and onlmy took a couple of year getting there.

Netplaying Seiken Densetsu 3? Can I play as Hawk with you guys?

Don't really have access to a M$ machine right now, will try mednafen though.

Collectors are self-aware scum btw.

Holy shit kill yourself.
Mednafen is the only "hacky" shit here bud. All the others work properly and with a human-readable interface, too.
Where in my posts did I mention ePSXe? I'm talking about PSX, which is in an entirely different league than ePSXe, PCSXR, or SSSPSX who are all plugin based messes. Stop running your mouth about shit you don't understand faggot.
So by your retarded logic
And speaking of formats and "documentation", the official doc page of Mednafen states that sub files (equivalent to ccd for img) are supported, but they're not. Why is that?

why do these threads always have to devolve into autistic arguing and retardation, instead of helping people out with emulation shit/giving recommendations/replying to the OP?
fuck this place is shit now

I think you might be bad at computers user.

You should lrn2pirate

If EP is such a good resource why do you have dumps in various formats and various quality and a bunch that don't even work properly regardless,
Might just be because it's shit

Come back when you understand what hacky shit even is.
PROTIP: it has nothing to do with pleasing retarded endusers such as you.

ePSXe and friends refers to pretty much anything that isn't mednafen because it's pretty much all shit, well maybe not XEBRA since that actually made some progress recently.

You're right it is, it has entirely worse SPU emulation and generally worse compatibility than ePSXe or PCSXR, so yes it's in an entirely inferior league.

A format being widely used and appropriate is objective, a game being good and worth supporting is subjective, stop being an intentionally obtuse retard.
Not to mention the goal of a PS1 emulator is to emulate PS1 not play specific games by singling out the ones the dev likes / are worth playing by anyone standard / are popular

This place is okay, don't let a few autists ruin your experience.
Granted, I should have stopped replying when the discussion turned into aimless shit flinging.

Goemon N64 is cpu intensive as fuck, buy a better cpu.

Nobody likes hearing a bitch bitch, including you.

*are you telling me it should work normally?*

You need to go back to reddit, friend.

Mednafen took it's sweet ass time compiling

In Angrylion in retroarch anyways, someone said they got Angrylion or something working optimized in Project64 as well. I got Goemon working at full speed in this mupen build I tried just for you. Try it and see if it shits the bed on your computer.

m64p.github.io/

How could I miss that one, they're all fucking part of the format you dumbass
.ccd is the track info (that's the one you should load)
.img is the raw sector dump
.sub is subchannel data
Mednafen should be able to use subchannel data on it's own provided they are the same name and in the same folder as the game you load, never tested myself since the relevance levels are very low (libcrypt enabled games, which means PAL only afaik) and the format too rare for me to bother..
I do know that when you use .bin/.cue you use a very small .sbi file that only has the libcrypt relevant parts (couple KB instead of several MB with .sub) and that loads automatically if you have it in the same folder with the same name

Does the VI/s drop under 60?
If yes it's a performance bottleneck, if no then your configuration / emulator has an issue..
Goemon is also a bitch to run in general from what I can remember.

i mean my point was that the game runs perfectly, accurately even. it just does that when the camera moves on its own for some reason. even cranking the game to original res does it.

Probably just some performance requirement spike coming from something the game does when that specific thing happens
Gliden also had pretty big issues with higher resolution and AA on but if native also does the same thing that's not a factor
Could try changing the RSP / sound plugin to something less demanding but I think Goemon is the kind of game that breaks when you do that so it's probably not worth wasting time over if most of the game runs just fine for you.

im just chalking it up to "usual progress" considering ive never emulated the game full speed till gliden got updated. give it like 3 months and itll probably be fixed.

So I've tried a couple sites like Nicoblog and Romhustler and haven't been able to find a working copy of God Eater Burst for psp. Does anyone know of a good source?

Do the two uploads on Nicoblog not work properly or something?

Here you go: emuparadise.me/PSP_ISOs/Gods_Eater_Burst_(USA)/158763

Try harder.
nicoblog.org/psp/gods-eater-burst-usa/

Stop flinging shit and be helpful for once.

You mean unlike you?

On a different note, I discovered an emulator called BizHawk which is basically Mednafen but with a super full-fledged GUI and some hack/cheat tools. Much better than normal Mednafen + any of the GUIs I tried, might just give this one a chance.

It can bind keys and change all settings while the game is running, and apparently run mds files. I still can't run img files without ccd though, so I'll just use PSX for that.

The black borders are supposedly part of the games but not intended to be visible as CRTs removed them through overscan while PSX did the same to some degree. There could be an option somewhere to manually remove them using specific coordinates…

After a reasonable amount of time Mednafen is working wonderfully.
Thanks to the user who recommended it, without you i would still be trying to bash my skull trying to make that PCSXR work.

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3988
Not much but better than nothing.

might as well recommend epsxe while you're at it

You are the autist ruining everyone's experience

monster hunter freedom unite
not sure whether this (ppsspp) or dolphin, but fuck I love the pleb-friendly user interface and control mapping menu
ds4, otherwise gamecube controller for gamecube games

* of the former (ppsspp), dolphin of course has a good gui too and even more customizability regarding controls I think, I meant I just like the fancy fullscreen gui that you can navigate with the gamepad for maximum convenience, not sure whether dolphin has such a thing too, don't think so

test

(´・ω・`)