Minecraft clones

Minecraft-likes always look pretty nice on sweeping screenshots but then you get ingame and they're just shit.
Why can't they just be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ipi40cb_RsI
reddit.com/r/CubeWorld/comments/32ejep/cubeworlds_death_theory/
twitter.com/wol_lay
picroma.com/cubeworld
twitter.com/wol_lay?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cubeworld

Whats its name? Cube world?

The main game was underdeveloped to shit for several years, I guess Notch's laziness inspired every clone maker. Minetest, why can't it be good?

This is sadly true of Minecraft as well.

write the names of those games

Just like make your own :)

All they would have to do is make a 3D Terraria and they would be successful. I'm shocked as hell that Square-Enix managed to come closer to doing that than anyone else.

How does Terraria manage to look so damn good?

I fucking love Dragon Quest Builders.

half its content is furniture, cosmetics and paint :^)

Tons of quality of life features including many different furniture sets and block types. Also relogic got some competent spriters on board when the original guy fucked off and created Chucklefuck.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

cube world isn't dead right?

What game is that second pic?

Adobe Illustrator

I even have mostly german blood, too.
Why can't I be good at those virtual lego games?

pretty sure all three of those are minecraft with a tonne of shaders and post-processing.

1st one is cube world, 2nd one is minecraft with shaders and post processing, 3rd one is minecraft.

Because most of these games have no end game and are just for you to frolic around in and on the onset that you're god in most of these games they fucking implode your mind because you are alone and in no position to be creating something so meaningless and primitive because the games at the time simply can't fulfill to fill being a god.

it's called minecraft

did you play with legos and construx and lincoln logs and shit as a kid?

Wrong, DQB has more in common with a JRPG then Minecraft. In some ways Terraria also has more in common with a RPG as well. Having a quest with objectives are largely what make both games appealing.

Minecraft is a rudderless sandbox which is both far to both far to simplistic & complex to engage one's imagination for a sustainable period of time. While rudimentary it is also far to sophisticated (essentially learning a basic coding for command blocks) to enable cost efficient engagement for the intermediate. Red Stone was a step in the right direction but the mechanism it operated was far too limited to keep people engaged for long term. The game is only appealing long term to those who have an adolescent mind. If Minecraft had objectives and engaging combat so that the task where purpose driven it would have been much more substantial but at the end of the day under Mojang poor direction it became Duplo blocks (not even as refined as Lego).

both far to

Terraria is as much a ripoff of Minecraft as Baseball is a ripoff of throwing a rock. It has the bare basic similarities there, but there is a ton more to do that MC never approached and it has plenty of content and mechanics and atmosphere all its own. The few people I saw immediately calling Terraria a 2D minecraft clone (I was one of them) changed their tune when they started playing the game.

This physically hurts my head to read. I can only hope that you have the excuse of mobileposting.

jesus christ

whitespace would not have saved that paragraph though.

I'm assuming user was complaining about the lack of punctuation and the grammar errors.
If so, I'd have to agree with him.

Completely true. When you become an adult, you have to forfeit all imagination and self-motivation, and instead be told what to do all the time.

Minecraft suffers from schizophrenic design.
Is it an open world survival game, or is it a lego simulator? Because it tries to be both at the same time, it fails in equal measure. It's not fun to play, nor is it fun to play with anything once you build it.
How is that possible?

Because you're a filthy fucking redditor.

Terraria is just better all around aside from melee.

This is why everybody liked it better back in Alpha days. It all had so much POTENTIAL. And they fucking wasted all of that potential, instead of developing it along the survival route or the building route, each equally valid routes it could have taken, they just kinda shoved more and more random shit into it that wasn't really related to anything else. Cakes and fireworks and crap.

Which one is you.

But it's more content, stop being so entitled. Don't you realize thiat constantly asking for updates is like a form of harassment?

this is a misnomer from what I stated. In fact its the lack of attention span and the fact children are easily entertained that makes it appealing to an adolescent. Nothing about adulthood suggest lack of imagination and self-motivation. In fact it was some of the more autistic Redstone projects that made the game potentially interesting to adults. However Redstone mechanics where never fleshed out and Control Blocks is just a fancy way of introducing a console command line to the "game" the tools where not sophisticated enough to indulge a adults mature. If someone is going to invest alot of time into a project it must be productive. Why spend hours writing code in Minecraft command Blocks when you could instead write an AI program to learn how to play Super Mario Kart? Incentives are important even for the artist.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipi40cb_RsI

I'm sure alot of things "hurts your head" kiddo :^)

i'm dyslexic so as long as image boards don't let you edit your post you are going to have to deal with it. fucking nigger

MURRICA!

It really is far better than it has any right to be.

Context?

fuckin w0llay

Are you fucking with me? His entire post is a mess of retarded contradictions. It reads like something a pretentious highschooler would shit out without even understanding the words he's saying.

Well then my post isn't exactly out of place since it suggests 'anywhere but here', not explicitly reddit.

Get

how hard can you samefag just because someone didnt appreciate your shitty post?

You could create an entire fucking computer through redstone. Only if you consider "fleshed out" to be those mods that added computers and shit in it. Binary programming and the analog to real world circuit building is fully doable with redstone.

redstone was a highlight for me. modding the game into Industrialcraft+10 others was a really fun experience.

forge by itself makes the game performance take a giant shit and lag and stutter, thats before you even build 20 contraptions that force block updates all at once

All my nephews like Minecraft because they can build shit, much like how I enjoyed building shit with legos when I was younger. That's it.

It's all Minecraft but rendered in Maya or 3dsmax

I think you mean Infiniminer

u made me remember cubeworld hype train

fok u OP

what happen with cube world? did it cancel?

The devs wife divorced him and he had a nervous breakdown.
Doubt the game will ever be finished.

Sauce please?

Open a book and you'll go blind.

If you are referring to this:
reddit.com/r/CubeWorld/comments/32ejep/cubeworlds_death_theory/
GO BACK TO >>>/reddit/

twitter.com/wol_lay

The game IS still apparently in development, but VERY slowly. Painfully slowly.

story of my life

We can't have nice things.

but why not? do "we" (humans as a whole) not want nice things? id like to think i want nice things. what would happen if "we" had nice things?

Jews don't want us too.
The whole system is build around you consuming low quality trash in a more or less static interval.
Ignore all of them and just play something fun even if it's 10 years old but that still doesn't mean all hope is lost.
For example: Spellforce 3 which releases tomorrow on the 7th looks pretty good.

Please end your pathetic existence

you are fucking retarded, because I wasn't talking about the Conditional systems of redstone but more specifically the mechanism they interact with such as Doors and Pistons. The limiting factor was how limited these devices functioned. More importantly if one was smart enough to build a computer in minecraft then there time was likely better spent building something worthwhile in the real world. Their is a comparative advantage to producting something of value or producing something worthless in a children's video game. This is why you won't find many engineers playing with Legos as adults.

the cuckold doth protest too much, methinks.

Yes and I am not denying children don't like minecraft. What I am saying is that minecraft fails to have in intermediate motivating factor that bridges the gap between childrens building blocks and computer engineering. Redstone was a step in the right direction but it was full potential was left unrealized.

don't

checked

This sentence is a non-sequetor.
These words are not interchangeable, and citing command blocks as 'sophisticated' makes me think that you took a single glance at some tutorial and decided it was too complicated for you.
'Cost efficient' is not a synonym of 'efficient', but that doesn't matter because neither of the terms fit in with what you're trying to convey. That's not proper usage of 'intermediate' either.
Not grammatically incorrect but wrong in its meaning nonetheless. There's a ton of shit you can do with Redstone.
Long winded pretentious way to say 'only kids like it'.
My point is that you have barely half a clue what the words you're typing out actually mean, and you're purposefully using phrases and terms with more syllables then a mundane sentence would have in an attempt to seem knowledgeable. Kill yourself

do you know what a non-sequetor is?
and they where not intended to be interchangeable. You are missing the fact that I am referring to the lack of intermediary. This is either deliberate incredulity or you are retarded.
What dose this have to do with anything? And more importantly on what ground do you make this blanket statement?
So you are just a pedantic retarded autistic faggot who doesn't understand how language operates.
No, in fact there was (at one time) computers engineering types who were attracted to the game. This is why I referenced Sethbling. What I am saying is in the LONG TERM "only kids like it" which is a fact reflected by the demographics of the core audience.

The fact that it's a 'rudderless sandbox' does not equate into concluding that it 'doesn't engage one's imagination for a sustainable period of time.'
'Rudimentary' and 'Sophisticated' are opposites; they're antonyms of each-other. To dumb down the sentence, you're essentially saying 'It's too basic and complex', blatantly contradicting yourself. What part of the game is complex? You said command blocks, although they're not. Then you referenced Redstone as the basic part. Neither of those are necessary functions of the game and command blocks are creative-only.
Are you retarded? Simply put, that's not how you use the phrase. I assumed you meant 'efficient'- a more common mistake to make- but then secondarily said that it's also not proper terminology.
Okay, so it's a long winded pretentious way to say 'long term only kids like it'. Thanks for proving my point.

picroma.com/cubeworld

Shit still hasn't been updated.

twitter.com/wol_lay?lang=en

Although his twitter shows him still working on shit.
I guess he doesn't want to do monthly updates, but rather a full release. You can't even legitimately buy the game anymore

rudderless is an euphemism for without direction. You can accuse me of being redundant but it does fallow that their is a high probability that something "without direction" therefore will not "engage one's imagination for a sustainable period of time.".
because Minecraft both engagement is on a spectrum. Parts of the game engage people on a very rudimentary level and OTHER parts of the game engage a very sophisticated level. Rudimentary Children's Building Block's vs Command Blocs which require an understanding of Console commands vs Redstone which is born out of basic understanding of conditional if/then logic. It both engages people on a Rudimentary level AND on a Sophisticated level but does not offer a suitable intermediary.
So you don't know what cost benefit analysis is?
No I mean Cost efficient as in someone could be spending their time producing wealth and they have no incentive to spend their leisure time wasting it on computer engineering in a video game that will have no real world payoff.
So you don't have a point. I honestly think you don't actually understand how logic operates and are assuming autistic pedantry is sufficient affectation in being rhetorical convincing. Sorry bucko, it doesn't work that way.

there*

i was never really in to spellforce but im pretty much obliged to check it out.

You should figure out what specific point you want make before you start typing. You tend to spin around in circles, and point by point replies are absolute retardation.

How can you argue that something that has inbuilt systems as sophisticated as redstone and basic commands only appeals to children? There is no way a child could possibly comprehend these things.

As for the "long term" thing, that's complete nonsense. Basically, you're saying that "once someone has exhausted all the possibilities in the game, it will become boring so the player will move on to some other game". The funny thing is, this describes EVERY GAME EVER MADE! Literally nobody except those with autistic obsessions will play a single game forever and always. There isn't even really a "long term" to begin with; Minecraft in any modern incarnation is around five years old. There's fuckers on this very board who are still playing goddamned Mario 64 and Doom, and other games more than 20 years old, despite those being simplistic and formulaic and completely bereft of any sort of individual impact on the progress of the game; they're games you can complete within a few weeks. But people are still playing them. Where's your accusations that these games can only hold interest for a child?

I understand. You don't LIKE Minecraft. Maybe you played it for a short time, and then got bored. You prefer a game that tells you what to do, that gives goals and quests and direction, or maybe even something as simple as a scoring system. Minecraft doesn't have those things. That doens't mean it's a bad game, or a game for children, or any other inane insult you can derive; it just means it's not a game for you.

You fucking retards get so far up your own ass with arrogance, that you REALLY THINK things you don't like are bad. It's pathetic.

>>>/furry/

:^)

Dude, that's your opinion.