What’s a dumber Antagonist, Arma 3 CSAT or Homefront greater Korean republic?

What’s a dumber Antagonist, Arma 3 CSAT or Homefront greater Korean republic? armedassault.wikia.com/wiki/CSAT

homefront.wikia.com/wiki/Greater_Korean_Republic

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Cooperation_Organisation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Nu-Order Nazi party.
They can win the war and topple three super powers at the same time but all it takes to turn the tides of the war is a polish jew, a negress and a pregnant lady. Also they keep misusing the same tech that made them get to power in ways that are beyond risible.

CSAT is basically Asian NATO and actually makes somewhat sense.

this, the idea of an expansionistic NK which becomes a superpower makes very little sense compared to a military alliance (the choice of member nations does seems a bit odd)

CSAT makes sense in the games setting though, the west in slowly collapsing and a group of nations decided set up a trade and military coalition to compete/dominate the global markets.

The problem with arma 3 storyline is that it’s very poorly told. But the setting it’s self has lots of potential. One big problem with CSAT. They never explained the membership of CSAT except Iran and possibly Russia are founding memebers.

Didn't they originally plan to use China as the bad guy, but then got scared of China getting angry so they instead went with Korea?

Arma should've just stayed in 1985. The "futuristic" setting almost nobody enjoys. The worst part is the fucking CSAT uniforms, the CSAT replacement mod is a must if you want to play the campaign.

Yup, China was slated to be the bad guy but that means you can't sell in China and your company will get blacklisted

To be fair. CSAT uniform are model after USMC real life uniform.

Does arma 3 have lots of lore? Or are players just making up lore with story driven mods?

It Has some lore, but not all that much,

Most of it is really cool tho.

It's actually based on the Finnish M05 camo.

So american marines uses Finish m05 camo? Marines are special snowflakes when it comes to weapons and camo.

No. US marines use MARPAT, a digital pixelated camouflage they allegedly developed themselves (although it's extremely similar to CADPAT, a canadian pattern developed earlier).
What means is that the camouflage pattern is similar to the M05 finnish camouflage (macropattern diffused by small "serrations" similar to hexagons).

The finish soldier looks like a background character from Frozen.

are you fuckers baiting with this "lore" shit? I don't even care about this game, but FUCK OFF

Apex makes it clear China is a member.

/k/ikkomen, do these camouflage shit even work for reals? Do people in the battlefield actually look at one from a far and go, "dude, that's just a humanoid shaped rock/bush."

I can see it working with the walking sea weed cosplay snipers seem to love.

The point of camo is to hide your silhouette so you don't look human shaped at all from a distance (ideally). Modern camo has trended towards the digital designs because fooling people isn't good enough anymore, you have fool the image sensors in cameras and nightvision too. Tons of money has been poured into research to make sure it works, so it better damn well work.

Yes.

The Finnish camo is a very environment specific though: It's good if you're in a Finnish forest, less good in any other forest and absolutely terrible if you're in Carbombistan. Mutlicam is pretty good overall due to the colors (There's a reason almost all the animals bigger than your head are one of those colors).

Yeah, and the F-35 is a good jet in my mind.

There will always be better camos for specific environments, but multicam (or variants) have some of the highest averages. Russians never copied the F-35

I prefer MTP (a variant) because the British pretty much throw once issued stuff away and you can get it dirt cheap.

An example of ESTDCU which is similar to M05

Thing is with Finland and Estonia Both countrys are heavily forrested we gain a huge advantage when using these types of camo.

Fuck clicked reply before finished,

Was meant to say that the camo is also good for other enviorments, basicly as long as its not sand, its pretty dam good.

Tell me comrade, how do you feel when you think about UCP?
It still haunts me every night
I see dead soldiers

On the topic of arma3, do normal TDM servers exist on MP?

CSAT is basically BRIC's military union, but they should have made it more slav-ish and less futuristic.

One thing I don't like about fiction is how people just assume various different types of organizations and unions are rational and smart when that's not the case in reality.
Like, whenever some general or army makes a bad tactical decision in a game or whatever you'll find somebody going "hurr durr why'd they do that this is so unrealistic" despite well funded, well trained sections of the armies in real life have made astoundingly bad choices. Look at the entire Vietnam War if you want proof of that.

I need sleep.

There's nothing wrong with the near-future setting. Blame gun/vehicle manufacturer jews wanting licensing fees to feature fake versions of guns/vehicles in the game for it.

>>>/killyourself/

Fucking normalfag. Wasteland is the closest there is, but nobody plays it.

Iran and China are founding members, they just get their equipment from the Russians. if you wanna talk about a dumb faction in Arma you should look at the AAF, it's an island republic of around 16k people that has an armoured division.

iirc the people who make the M4 etc wanted massive amounts of money for the license to put it in games.

I never understood why arma 3 implied Russia has new military economic union of their own. But never made them a playable faction. I know Russia is overused as bad guys. But Russia be a founding member makes more sense than Iran.

Isn't everything the AAF has old NATO stuff? I think most

UCP is on my personal list of "Government is retarded, especially the US government. Why do you want more?" right after the Agricultural Adjustment Act (Limiting food production on the eve of the dust bowl. That will fix the Great Depression.).

Wastleland is basicly PVP, King of the hill is more TDM but its very unorinised leaving one of the main aspects of Arma 3 unused.

Seriosly the orginisation in the game is amazing, Commanding 40 players while in battle is seriously fun.

You should consider joining a Unit if you want that sort of experiance.

Russia is not a founder, they are just allies with CSAT and co-operate on new weapon programs, Same as the US supplying Isreal with weapons and such.

Yea AAF vehicles are basicly our modern day British stuff, they are a fairly small nation so they don't have the biggest army or enough money to actualy have their own weapons programs.

Was that a joke

CSAT is a pastiche of the CSTO expanded to the SCO both being very real.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Cooperation_Organisation

Such a security bloc does in fact exist and is expanding.

Burger often muse about attacking Russia or China, etc… but they keep (worryingly) forgetting that they do have a very real military alliance.

Doesn't stop it being retarded, the AAF somehow have a working army when they have less people than a small town.

No?

Was I wrong in someway?

Isreal and America do co-operate on alot of military defence contracts and trade weaponry on a fairly regular basis from my understanding.

Awesome joint projects. Truly they are our greatest ally™!

I wouldn't exactly call that cooperate