Unreal Tournament Thread

Let us have an UT thread.

Also, I have questions about UT. Sadly, I couldn't play it with anyone back in the day because I didn't have access to the net and even then it was slow as fuck. Now that it has changed and I have a group of friends willing to play, which game is the best for 4-6 multiplayer fun? Which one has the most content (mods, battle systems etc)? Also, is 4 being dumbed down?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/ut2341-hd-arsenal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2k4 has the most variety in game modes, and it has the whole movement emphasis and adrenaline powerup thing. Definitely the most potentially chaotic and gimmicky. Although last time I checked people were only still playing it for Onslaught and '99 was more active overall.
Not unless something's changed recently. Changes have come and gone but the core gameplay is still UT. If there is a potential problem it's the game getting too ESPORTS SPORTS "streamlined" and not having much polish or fun stuff in it.

Gold, baby

Gold of course

Double enforcers

Every map in gold and in ut99

Just replay '99 and gold.

Also UT99 for best soundtrack.

Gold
I forgot a name - this one what shot acid bubbles.
All of them.

The G.E.S. Bio Rifle, which is shit by the way.

UT99 is golden
The eightball is the best rocket launcher
Deck 16 is perfect

Hard to pick a favorite. The Link Gun has a great balance of damage, accuracy and fire rate and the Shock Rifle has the combo attack, but overall the minigun is probably the most dependable.

Shangri-La

The original Unreal has aged incredibly well. I've played it through a while ago and there were few parts that made me wish they had tweaked it a little.

I used to say UT2004, but I've grown to appreciate how grounded and simple everything is in UT99. I really liked the direction UT4's movement systems were taking, building on 99's movement with additions like wall-dodging/wall-running

Porch Flak Monkey 4 life. That said, I think people don't quite appreciate how great the Dual-Enforcers are.

Tough call. Can't quite remember right now, but anything that isn't overplayed as shit will do fine.

It's not being dumbed down so much as they're constantly making retarded decisions after showing so much promise. The weapon balance is totally fucked, they removed the impact hammer from deathmatch and other game modes because they were 'worried about new players getting confused as to its purpose,' the art passes at the maps don't quite feel 'Unreal,' and they pretty much took most people off the team and devoted resources to work on other shitty projects

Also, look at the previous Enforcer model they were building off of and compare it to the new one. The new one looks like a goddamn box with pointless shit jutting out of it, while the prior had a relatively sleek and faithful design.

Oh and if you're looking for groups to play UT with, I know of two that play semi-regularly and have a decent community. Speck's Unreal Vidya (also hosts Jedi Knight games) and Unreal Multiplayer (Also coop's Unreal)

Fuck, it's a shame what happened to her.

I won't say it was my favorite, but I really loved the hoverboard in UT3. VCTF flag runs could be really fun because of it. Not only was it functional, but you could pull tricks on it while you were running for style.

Gold
Flak-Cannon
Facing worlds
nup

Pure shit, the games that killed Unreal in an effort to follow iD's lead in killing good series to make online only multiplayer garbage.

Now that's vintage, been a long time since I saw a shit, unfunny "montage" that pretends to be a "clever" parody of something by overlaying some music and a bad after effects job.

This is why terrorism exists.

Before the word "gamer" ruined our society.

UT3
Shock rifle (ut99)
Manta (ut3)
Morpheus (ut99)
I didn't like the alpha, it's feels too CoD

I only play against bots.

UT3 has my favorite maps and modes (Greed, fuck yeah), but the bots are inconsistent as fuck.

UT2004 has the worst maps (flat empty spaces everywhere to accommodate dodge jumping) but when modded, has the best bots. Also, I can't stand Onslaught after playing Warfare.

I end up just playing UT99 instead.

Unreal Tournament, the first & the best
Flak, hands down, Dual Enforcers runner up
AS-Overlord, DM-Morpheus And CTF-Lavagiant from first game
I had some hopes for it, but now i do not believe it will be even decent.

Flak cannon babyyyyyyyy
probably Deck17, hard to pick
sure. Warframe managed to stay in beta for this long, why can't Unreal?
I've only recently tried out the OG UT multiplayer and I don't recall getting my ass handed to me this hard in 2004. How do I git gud aside from just playing the game.

Is UT2004 in-game server browser still functional?

Works for me.

Yeah, the server browser works, but it's only 20 servers and it's slow as shit at downloading (I downloaded 3 ~1GB games while waiting for the assets on this server to download)

UT3
Rocket launcher
I dunno lol
What's UT4?

I thought it people said that it is consolized garbage? Plus, is it not slower than the rest of the games?

2k4
shock rifle
phobos-2
why bother

UT 2004
Flak Cannon
Hyperblast.

Thanks. Time to find the installation disc.

Anyone got any favorite mods? I really want to try Strangelove, but I was never able to find a server.

No. Fuck you. Unreal had two good games, then cucky bee decided he wanted to steal iD's bad idea and make shit multiplayer-only games and continue the cancer that is arena shooters.

Arena games in general?
UT99, because of the temple/church maps like ut99's agony. Not my favorite map, but I like it design wise. I am not a very big fan of cartoonish/futuristic maps like those in ut2k4. But even apart from the design, 99's maps were usually tight and smaller compared to the open and floaty maps they made for 2k4
Shock rifle, with flak being on second place
I like 2k4's DM-Rankin.
Who cares? The game is simply bad.

I had a idea for a new arena shooter just a few days ago. Was listening to a new song I found and it had some UT vibes to it. The main gimmick is that you have a sword and a shield. I was thinking, no matter what, you always have a laser sword in your right hand, and whatever weapon you pick up in your left hand. And if you give it a ut2004 like shield gun you can basically jump around playing with a shield and a sword (shield obviously breaking and needing to recharge after a certain amount of damage is taken). I just really like the idea of going high speed through a map with a double barrel shotgun in one hand, and a sword in the other. Movement wise I think dodging would be a nice way to enable bunny hopping. Like if you jump normally you don't gain speed, but if you dodge once every following jump gives you more speed. Kinda like jumping like in Painkiller. I love these totally autistic jumping sound. In Serious Sam you got these grunt sounds, for some reason I found them very relaxing.

How exactly is UT3 consolized bullshit? Let me guess, you never really played UT back in the days, last year you googled UT, saw that a lot of people say 2004 is the best one so you repeat what they say and pretend to be a UT fan.

2k4, UC2 while different is a close second
Stinger minigun then the UC2 rocket launcher
A map based on Block Fort, works really well in UT surprising. Base game goes to Deck 16/17
I can only hope, is the game at least moddabe to add more shit? All people really need to do is port shit over.

you got cs:go like forced cosmetic items in the game and paid mods. No matter what they do, that game will always suck badly.

Luckily it includes loonix installation script and after applying patch/bonus pack, installing one missing library, fixing two library links and setting correct resolution runs fine.

Nice to see people still play this even after 13 years (obviously not as much as in 2007 when I bought it, but still). And it's still fun.

I mean… he is not wrong. When I was twelve I would have totally fucked my teacher if she was okay with it. I mean, not my teacher, she was old as fuck, but the younger female teachers and some of the older female students were hot as fuck. I don't really remember how old I was back then when I started to notice woman, but I do remember it starting at a young age.

That said, cliffy is a faggot.

It's sad to see how much the world has changed

Does anyone else have a problem with 2K4's weapon feel?

The actual gameplay aspects are all vastly improved (other than removing the 6-loader rocket launcher, I loved that fucking thing and want it back so bad), but every weapon feels like a Halo-tier toy gun. The firing and explosion sounds are all muted, and none of the guns seem to have any real kick to them. I need a patch that gives me UT99's sound design added to 2K4.

That was the best rocket launcher with the best alt-fire.

The best way to play is with weapon models disabled.

you were looking forward to UT4? Just let that game die, it's cancer designed by aids.

A while ago. I honestly thought it showed some promise until about a year or two ago. It's just frustrating seeing one retarded decision after another.

I remember people saying it's going to be a killer must play game when it was in pre-alpha for 2 years at that point. that really panned out well. I wonder if they're still here.

Did you guys not see the gameplay videos by the devs? It was pretty obvious that they have no idea how to play UT. They only ever started to dodge because people pointed it out on the forums, and even then they randomly dodged. These people don't know the basics of UT, they can't design good games. And more importantly, their forums are flooded by people who suck at UT too.

There is this mod: moddb.com/mods/ut2341-hd-arsenal
but I don't know how good it is, I haven't tried.

This reminds me, anyone here played with those Ballistic Weapons in UT3 and 2k4? Balance wise it was total trash, but I had a lot of fun playing with those. 2k4 had some decent servers, I remember one that made you spawn with every possible weapon.

Yeah it would be probably better if UT2k4 had a proper cooperative game mode like in Unreal 1, I bet the Ballistic Weapon mod would be a blast to play on it. But no instead there is a shitty invasion game mode.

What happened?

I actually like UT3. It's not as good as 04, but it gets a lot of undeserved hate. It still has a lot of amazing features, it has fluid gameplay and it captures the overall feel of Unreal very well.

Never seen this before. I'll forgive his occasional faggotry on account of this and continue to hold out hope for UT4 in spite of having no real reason to hold out hope for anything in this pozzed industry these days. Did you post this on the expectation that people would disagree with it? If so you must have wandered in from Reddit last week and the concept that non-indoctrinated opinions are allowed here hasn't quite sunk in yet.

can I just say that it depresses me that "pozzing" is a thing that is so prevalent that Holla Forums uses "pozzed" as a slur now?

God, I just love the maps in UT'04 so fucking much.

It has mods, all right. You even get to pay for them.

Well, was it not always? As far as I know people use it in the context of "positive for AIDs." Meaning when they call you pozzed, they might as well be calling you a faggot.

ohhhhh you have no idea

I guess it's the part where her husband died while she was pregnant, and later giving away her child to foster care.

Guess it's back to 2k4. At this point I'll give 3 another shot.

The fuck?

2k4
Dual Enforcers for fun, Shock Rifle for tryharding
Every Deck X map ever made.
lolno

UT2k4, but UT2k3 has that nice martial arts mode that I'm pretty sure nobody plays anymore
Flak Cannon/Minigun/Rocket Launcher
Lost count how many times I got flak monkey
Used to be Sniper Rifle/Lightning Gun/Shock rifle, but as time went on playing other games my aim with these weapons got worse
Probably that red alert 2 map in assault mode that nobody plays anymore

Microtransactions, active playerbase, Canadian tax money.
But I don't think Warframe is really in beta. There are major parts of the game that if they were to be scrapped like a beta, they'd also have to remove things some people have spent money on accessorizing. Their game gets updated not too differently than an MMO- at this point beta is a lot like a thin excuse for whatever bugs and balance overhauls that occur.

I hope someone teched you how to dodge jump by now.