Nintendo is now Japan's richest company

Automatically translated from nipponese.
archive.is/uw6yL
NeoFag didn't even live long enough to see this, what a shame.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-black-friday-thanksgiving/amp/
archive.is/hvpIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cool, they have a really tarnished reputation to recover however. They've been in decline since the n64 and they've had too many flops and lackluster games. If they can cultivate a healthy third party development environment, the switch may have some real lasting power.

nintendo games however? I'm in no rush to buy them new, and with that being the primary attractions on their newest system, no interest in hopping on board with it.

This must be through other avenues of business other than games right?

AS THEY SHOULD BE

They don't care about their reputation dumbass, they've been turbo jews since the nes days.

It helps when you have capcom and konami to be compared to to not seem as bad by contrast.

I'm convinced reputation means jack shit if you're a colossal company and the only thing that's going to hurt you are other colossal companies.

The Switch has become Wii 2.0 and is selling more than people thought it would.

Even if it sold well, how could Nintendo compete with other businesses like Konami who have other areas to make significant amounts of money other than gaming. If Nintendo is now the richest company in japan I want to understand how, unless they're not counting corporations.

It's ok to like Nintendo.

oh hi Mark!

It's not okay to suck its dick like it's made of candy and chocolate. People keep forgetting it's a corporation, and one that's starting to show business practices more in line with western ones. It hasn't hit full cancer yet, but it sure is speeding towards it.

Neat I want pink Joycon

besides DLC and NoA being SJWs, state other things that equalize them as EA or Activision

And the reason for that is that it's the only corporation to not act like a greedy jew corporation. Nintendo still values "fun" as a selling point, even if most of the time that is produced in shitty casual games.

Shutting down fangames, removing first-party roms, allowing treehouse to live, and super mario run. Also, I didn't say they were equal to EA or activision. I just said they are starting to implement cancerous practices.

But most third parties are shit. The argument "Nintendo NEEDS third parties" is a sad acknowledgment of "Nintendo NEEDS third party shit because consumers love eating shit".

Sure. That's why they grew from a small company and consistently up too the and including the N64 made games that are literally the most pioneering games in their genre, becasue they are soulless kikes all about the money.

But the games. Wii flashed then fizzled when gamer-come-lately only played Wii sports and never got another game. Wonder how Switch plans to avoid that fate. I guess not giving away 1-2 Switch helps, they'll buy at least one game.

Nintendoomed.

Are you genuinely unaware of the scummy shit they've pulled?
Oh that explains it

It says its in the top 500 richest japanese companies
Whats the point of this thread?

Also
is this just a rag piece or are japanese publications really this dumb?

Nintendo invests in and produces other goods, user. Baby products, food products, health care products, etc.

You really cannot expect Nintendo to avoid mobile gaming any longer when Japan is practically abandoning consoles for mobile gaming. Does the standard of "never do mobile" apply to any other company? Does it apply when the market is almost wholly mobile in their country?

Treehouse is currently the best complaint against Nintendo. There's no chance to bring back the content that has been butchered by Treehouse in official releases. Games butchered by Treehouse are ruined for all of eternity. So unforgivable are their censorious actions that those responsible should not only be fired but sued and blacklisted. Creators are misled into believing the butchering of their games for "western audiences" is necessary when in reality the butchers are motivated entirely by ideology and money. Simply, the more they alter the more labor is required and the more they are paid. Additionally, they alter content based on entirely subjective criteria determined by subversive ideologues.

Wew, wonder how those Nintendoom retards like Michael Pachter is gonna spin this, they're fucking jews and assholes but better than EA or Activison when it comes to milking you fucking dry and killing studios left and right.

i hate to be the devil's advocate but AM2R was Cease and desisted because Metroid II: Samus Returns was on the way to retail.

Removing first-party roms is faggy though. but again, its a corporation looking for profit and that's a right move if you were a suit in their shoes. I'm not defending it. Just being logical.
Besides, everythings on archive anyway

It's sad when Nintendo is a "lesser evil" instead of simply being a good company that releases good products and doesn't do anti-consumer bullshit.

The bar just keeps getting dragged ever lower. Anti-consumer practices and censorship keep getting progressively worse.

At least we can agree on treehouse. All I'm saying is not give nintendo, or any video game company a free pass just because you enjoy what they put out. Saying nothing allows more shit and cancer infest the company.

Their products are high-quality than any of the bigger publishers in the West, which debatable (Fire Emblem Warriors with the potato pictures being used as background) but they take care of their IPs and talent better than the open and closing of studios by EA and Activision which means they can work their shit, but they don't have the same quality as the past games(Andromeda, Nu-Battlefront 2, CoD WW2)

A company ordering to remove its first-party ROMs isn't surprising at any way and was entirely obviously expected. Not to say this is a good thing or similar, but of course it was going to happen anyway. I have no idea why there was still some scandal over this.

CoolROM and Emuparadise aren't the only sites to download ROMs, you know.

I can understand from a business point of view why they shut down am2r. But that's my point. It's a business and people here seem to think it's their best friend. I don't necessarily hate nintendo, I'm just tired of everyone saying it's okay because it's nintendo.

koei tecmo
with hands down the worst person from intelligent systems at the helm though.

The cunt behind Awakening and Fates, right ?

I don't think "richest company" is how economics work, kid. That and nintendo fans are usually 30-30 manchildren with alot of disposable income.

My complaint isn't that I personally can't download them now, because I can. My complaint is the absurd double standard here that exists solely for nintendo when it's the same shit neogaf had for sony. It's a company, not your friend.

Good job, Nintendo. I knew you could do it. now don't fuck it up

I don't think the sales are from the same demographic that made the Wii a success. From what I've seen, most professional esports players have a Switch on the side for when they have to travel. That, and I remember seeing multiple photos taken at dev studios following the release of Mario Odyssey with a bunch of the staff playing it. I don't think selling games is going to be their issue as long as they're good

yep, and I'm not sure how long she's gonna be around for.
the japs are PISSED over warriors and fate was a wet fart. plus it seems like nintendo is going back to gamecube styled choices in their lineups. with the oversite board they put in place telling noa to stop fucking shit up. them anime tiddies in xenoblade 2 have to be pissing treehouse off.

ok

Not for very long if they don't stop making shit games, (((localizations))) made by Treehouse and NoA retardation for muh family image.

You know, I'm geniunely curious what the NFC tag on that is going to read as. Is it going to be the Mario One? I mean it sort of makes sense considering scanning it in is supposed to give you a power up and the mario one gives you "temporary" invincibility.
But then, it could also read as a generic one and spit out an extra heart for life
Or it could be the peach one that drops the life up heart.
I doubt it'd be the bowser one since kids likely won't give a shit about purple coins.

Mate, I pack roms into pictures all the time. Some of the shitty reaction images you have probably have NES and SNES games in them.

They have always been retarded and/or scummy as fuck.
Remember

a launch exclusive*

Why didn't you invest in Nintendo Holla Forums? I even made threads before the Switch came out telling you faggots to invest.

Nintendo isn't perfect but ea literally makes most of their money from pay to win gambling

Are you genuinely unaware of your complete inability to present an argument?
Oh that explains it

We're talking about the same company that put a Zelda dungeon, the most important thing about Zelda games, behind a toy that's limited. Same with sound tests and hard mode. That's pretty damn scummy.

Not getting 3rd party support gave us the most stagnant nintendo ever

So its nothing.

I'd say hiding the real master sword behind dlc was worse

Those might be shit practices, but I really can't view them as being on par with buying out lots of devs and then holding their franchises hostage and/or just fucking ruining them altogether.

Don’t tell Cuckchan Holla Forums mods will ban you yet keep 20 Sony console wars circle jerks threads open. They get trigger if you suggest PCs are more powerful than PS4 pro.

They may not 'buy out' devs but they hold their less popular IPs hostage and they fucking ruined fire emblem, and would done the same with metroid if other M didn't bomb. and possibly ruin zelda, sure BotW a decent game but going by past experience it's the game after you gotta worry about.

Oh shit, you’re telling me that a company acted in a way that would maximize profits?
I thought that companies were supposed to not make money for themselves. All companies are scum that only care about the bottom line. That’s where capitalism is evil, it reduces humans to numbers on a consumer statistics report. Communism is evil in that they reduce all humans to “comrades” or “brothers” and then starve them. Collective farming didn’t work for the pilgrims and it didn’t work for the USSR.

Don't forget how Nintendo screwed over Western developers like DMA Design, Argonaut, and the devs behind Project Hammer.

Nintendo is shit.

I remember hearing that BotW was the best Zelda ever. Is that not true?

I know you're being factious here but BotW is pretty much the RE4 of zelda games. Resident Evil 4 is considered to be a good game even by the people who think it's a bad resident evil game. It's just that every game after that just sucked. I understand the analogy doesn't match up completely since folks here don't consider BotW a good game. With it being barren, combat and sidequests being mostly pointless and other flaws.

For how dramatic a departure it is from the previous formula, it’s an astounding success. For what it is in the genre of game it is, it’s… a little empty, even by open world standards. I still love it, though. Even with the COCKSUCKINGLY RETARDED CONCEPT OF BREAKING WEAPONS.

Hence the 'RE4' of zelda. Metroid Other M was a planned 'RE4' but fucked it up by insisting wiimote only controls.

It still breaks there is no real Master Sword

OP got lost on the way to gamefags.

Virtual on? More like virtual gone to the polls

How the fuck?
This is impossible to believe. One of the most technologically advanced and powerful countries in the world and their most richest company is one that only makes videogame and videogame-related shit?
How the fuck.

Well, apparently

How?
while the switch is selling well its not selling That well
and the 3ds is still passing buy because Pokemon and now a decent library.
but seriously do they still make shit ton off of everything else they stay afloat long enough to keep putting out no games?

Any idea how stupid you sound? gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-black-friday-thanksgiving/amp/

So this is a nintendrone.

Unlike Sony. Nintendo don't have unprofitable branches don’t act as a corporate parasites. In spite of what Neogaf faggots believe. Sony picture is cutting into the PlayStation brand profits to bail it’s self out.

Meant for

Meant to say don’t have. But auto correct on Mac book pros is retarded

user…
Install Lignux.

But why is the switch even selling?
The only games close to being worthwhile are
everything else is a mediocre port or indietrash

Where are all the good games?

You still listed more games than PS4 and Xbox one gotten all year.

…who?

3 is a bigger number than 0 yes.
And even then BoTW is nintendo skyrim so its only worth is in being different, mario odyssey completely misses the point of platforming mario games which are already shit and splatoon is fun I admit.

last i heard ps4 sold pretty close as well

Sony would have a better chance if they reboot the reboot of nuGB, and hire an all gachimuchi cast and production for the sequel. And it will still be less gay than the feiggot directed one.

Don’t barely release first party games like they use to. Xbone don’t make First party games at all

Firstly, great marketing.
It's name, Switch, is a commonplace everyday word that will make people think of Nintendo once they use it (not in all cases obviously, but I've found myself thinking like that every so often). The commercials are there, there's a ton of them and they have pretty good production values.

Secondly, potential.
Listening to both normalfags and reviewer-types talking about the Switch, you quickly notice one trend.
After they play with a Switch for long enough, they DREAD playing ANYTHING on a PS4, simply because they can't take it with them. So anytime a multiplat comes out, they get it for Switch, and any time it doesn't, they're upset and beg for it to. That kind of association is bloody great.

Third, games. Their release schedule is brilliant. Zeldo, despite being shit, was a game that people waited six years for, after the disappointment that was Skyward Sword. It fell for the open world maymay, which normalfags adore, and map zoomouts look great in trailers. On top of that, Zeldos sell amazingly in Murica, which was the region they needed to win over first.

Then they had Splatoon 2, improved sequel to a surprise hit and a newly beloved IP, for which the Japanese go mental for. If anyone in Japland hasn't wanted one yet, they probably want one now.
Next were a few niche games, tons of indie stuff and Mario Kart, which, alongside Splat, was telling people that "yo, miss out on a Wii U? Don't worry, we got you covered."
Oh, and Skyrim and Doom, two games that normalfags love, Skyrim especially. Far too many comments and tweets saying "lol never gonna stop playing Skyrim now haha"

Lastly, they had Mario Odyssey, and Mario is the most recognizable IP in the world. Add that up with the holidays and you have great sales everywhere, including Europe, which is traditionally Sony's territory.

And in the future, Pokemon's coming. Kirby is too. Metroid Prime 4, which got a bunch of pissed off fanboys to buy a Switch the moment it was announced. And the hope for Smash bros, which people once again love.

Sadly, your opinions don't truly mean much, and neither do mine. The only thing that matters is sales. People loved BotW, and people loved Odyssey. The biggest complain you see about the two is that people have to choose only one as a GOTY, as stupid as that may sound.
I despise BotW, and I despise what it stands for - the fact that there will never be a small comfy memorable world (Like Link's Awakening or even Majora's Mask) in a Zelda game ever again, but my opinion means fuck all too.

We can criticize them, but sadly, if these companies were to pander to us, then normalfags would hate them. And who has more money, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Reddit all combined, or a Latvian pidgeon breeding forum?

a certain magical virtual on is coming out soon

archive.is/hvpIw

How much more kikey is EAsy compared to Nintendo, or vice versa? Who would you rather give IPs to?

I'm banking on this being the biggest reason.

No matter what anyone says, I'm not buying a Switch until the online becomes free.

Wew lads, the ride never ends in this timeline

I'm guessing Nintendo is reaping all the profits because absolutely no one besides AAA studios is willingly making games for them, so all their titles are high quality compared to low budget shit that is sold right next to them. Had they got a good version of sportsball and a good non Splatoonesque shooter Nintendo would probably top the PS4 in all but dweeb games.

I think you severely underestimate the power of shovelware on elderly people, impressionable kids and clueless Just Dancers, incidentally the core audience for the wii. Wii Sports was the quintessential killer app but you'd be surprised just how many copies obvious bootlegs have sold on the console. It's regarded very lowly nowadays because of the overall quality, but shovelware and the occasional indie gem bring in the cash, just ask the guys behind the PS1. This fucking game sold hundreds of thousands of copies. People fucking bought M&Ms Racing for crying out loud.

Vidcon economy (Vidconomy?) has evolved from nerds to yuppies to children to (preteens + nostalgic nerds) to (the elderly + families) to nuveau rich. Look at the prices of these pieces of garbage and how they even ask you to spill out more money for them. Clearly production costs and expected revenue is such that manchildren with too much time and money on their hands is more profitable than little Timmy and his meager allowance. We're going back to a time where modern-titles gaming was a luxury.

Nintendo was the richest company in Japan like 5 other times before. This isn't new. Yamauchi was once the wealthiest Japanese man

Christ what is with these newfags?

Retard.

I don't hate Nintendo and I really don't want to stir up shit but I think the switch has been lackluster. Odyssey, BOTW Splatoon 2, all lackluster games, not one of these games have impressed me. Was real hyped for Odyssey.

Why? They're the definition of mediocre titles.

This is why Israel fear the Yakuza.

I hate steam, microsoft, sony.
now I hate nintendo too.

The reason Nintendo is succesful is because they realized that kids are infinite money ressources. Instead of gearing towards adult normalfags and propagate politics to top it off, Nintendo simply repackages their simple formula every 7 years for the next generation of kids. Adults will start to drop titles if you milk them every year with the same shit, kid generations however are replaced continiously and many times don't even know about the previous titles, a neverending clean slate. People who have grown up with nintendo will also propagate to the younger generation how great their childhood games were and often even play the newer titles for nostalgia reasons. It's genius.

Yeah that doesn't bode well for their continued existence.

another big big thing is ease of fucking access.
between the ps4 being a slow pain in the ass to install games from disc then get to play, you can just pop in a cart and fucking go.

xbone is just… awful. when you competition is this fucking stupid it's hard not to win.

says more about the state of the japanese economy more than anything else

Not suppressed you seen the state of some games these days. Take EA's Battlefront 2 trainwreck.
At least with Nintendo games you know what your buying might not be the most original shit ever but it will be a quality product.

I swear sometimes, Nintendo marks are the Holla Forums equivalent of the Cornette/Meltzer-led IWC; ran the place 20 - 30 years ago and haven't quite cottoned on to the fact the business has moved on since then and the only people that actually still listen are the vocal minority of sweaty smarks who think the product should be the physical form of their gospel. I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if all the major review sites started giving the newest perversions of the Mario formula 12.5/10 ratings.

As another user pointed out it isn't even the first time they've achieved this. It's like celebrating how Google is the most popular site on the entire internet. They've done it before and they'll do it again. Besides, quality will always surpass quantity. Space Invaders is the most profitable video game of all time, does that make it the absolute best? The MCU/Star Wars may be the most profitable movie franchises in history, does that make them the best in their respective industry?

If you answered yes to either of those questions then you're no better than the CODFags who pollute the industry with their rapidly metastasizing cancer that ravenously continues to attack the emaciated bedridden body that is modern gaming.

Does that mean they understand it isn't really portable?

FUG

Gotta virtual signal about your favorite company. Where did it all go wrong?

They don't become the richest company by hemorrhaging money at every turn. Pretty sure that they're trying to not only move on from the Wii U but memoryhole it entirely, and Miiverse is a remnant of the Wii U.

Always been surprised there hasn't been more outrage over that game getting really screwed by Miiverse's closure. Hey player's Super Mario Maker gets a new level sharing patch because of the Miiverse closure but this other game with level sharing that also tip based rewards to unlock more level design content gets nothing! No infinite stars, no making level items free to purchase, no major discount for the game to increase the playerbase. Just fuck it all!

how fucking new are you?

Aonuma killed Zelda with his le artsy cartoon wank styled after Isao Takahata's garbage anime that nobody wanted for over a decade, it was already dead.

Yeah that's your L to hold, chief

Pic related.

Sony Pictures is like NISA and Cartoon Network; they'd still fuck it up massively no matter how many times they try and now Sony has their claws in Funimation so…no real difference.

Nintendo wins all over the place at every E3 because Microsoft spends all of its time trying to watch you masturbate and Sony's third parties are doing a shit job of what they do.

Its okay to be retarded user, but it isn't something to aspire to be.

In all seriousness, NoA is the cancer. The rest of Nintendo is fine. Problem with cancer is that it spreads if left unchecked.

I don't know how you got in here, nigger, but you better return that laptop you're typing on to its rightful owner.

Calm down, you'll get a hernia.

YAMERO NINTENDO! DONT YOU KNOW YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DOOMED! Holla Forums SAID SO!

They're always trying new things with their hardware, one fails, one works. And when it works it works good.

No

Read the article. The OP forgot to mention that it's merely in the top 500 and it's not measured in assets or cash.
In short, he's full of shit and so is his article.