Motherfucking ZWEI

Hot damn.
nichegamer.com/2017/11/30/falcom-developed-action-rpg-zwei-heading-west/

Pokkle and Pipiro are two step-siblings living by themselves in the ho-hum village of Puck on the time-forgotten floating continent of Arges. Pokkle loves making terrible puns and wears a tail for funsies, and Pipiro loves buying fashionable clothes and has no filter whatsoever. Together, they meander through what seems to be a peaceful, monotonous existence in their sleepy little burg where nothing interesting ever happens.

What do you think anons? Will it be good? Will you buy it? What's your opinion of the other Zwei games?

Tom plz no memes

I'll probably buy both on GOG and play them chronologically.
Which version is this based on?
Is it the OG PC version or the PS2/PSP ports?

GET OUT OF MY THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

from my understanding it's the PC version, not PSP. But there' a toggle for PC/PSP versions in the music I believe? I didn't watch the full stream.

Tom please just give us what we all REALLY want.

Who the fuck are you?
Seriously nothing adds up

Also some info
Shame, my main issue is the framerate though, I'll probably still pick it up
Thanks Tristan you fucking Neofaggot

A localization of EDF 5?

that too

gib us the titty ninjas Tom

I think you might have the wrong dude friendo. Just a really strange coincidence that my name is Tom. I think I confused you for someone else.
WHO ARE YOU ALREADY, WhAT THE FUCK

Looks like a flash game

ahah your name is really Tom? I was talking about the XSEED guy. Sorry friend, didn't mean to legit spook ya

That almost looks like it could be a fun Ys clone, but the pig disgusting chibi character aesthetic is repulsive.

Looks like mobile game

youre fucking retarded kys

I swore I played this game on PC, and on English. Is XSeed trying to jew people this time?

looks like b8

It's like they took nes game and drew high-resolution sprites over it, but got lazy along the way and instead of shading just covered everything with gradients.
Comparisons with mobile and flash games aren't that far fetched.

*2 frames of animations

Oy

You aren't kidding. The knight attack "animation" is literally the sprite sliding across the floor and then back again with ghosting.
It looks like Reccetear or other Doujin games.

At least those games had pleasing low-res pixel art.
This gradient coloring is just off-putting for me.

pass

I liked the "I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill" guy more, you're a shitty replacement.

Oh yeah, I forgot that was filtered

I tried the a translation patch on the old PC japanese release. Thing had serious interface problems, playing it with a controller was hell.
Hope they fix that.
Also, the combat was pretty janky.

Should be on mobile tbh. These kind of mindless games work well with touch controls since the gameplay is so trivial.

I'll probably pick it up day 1 since Zwei II was one of my top 5 games for this year, but god damn some of the puns I've seen are dad tier bad.

From the stream they showed off a bunch of little things they changed to make the menus less annoying like; scroll wheel in the inventory box, you don't have to click and drag Items when buying/selling, shit like that.

This tbh. Game me some serious nostalgia vibes for games like Brave Fencer Musashi and Alundra 2. I didn't 100% the game because I'm a filthy casual.