Metal Gear, huh

does Holla Forums like The Phantom Pain? for all the talk I see about prefering gameplay > story as a general rule, all I read about this game is that it's shit because the story is shit.

I have to say that I've liked it, it's not without flaws but overall I think it's one of the best games of the gen, I have to say that I don't care for story at all (the only mainline MGS I didn't play was 4 cuz no ps3). I think it's one of the few mainstream non-RPG games that really gives you freedom and variety of playstyles, I've beaten all missions in every possible way. People usually argues that it's pointless because there's a "most efficient way of playing" which is missing the point, I mean, why replay Fallout 1 other than using a high AG/IN build with small arms and speech? obviously the point is having fun even if the approach isn't the most OP thing ever. Funnily enough, the ones complaining about the game being über-easy are those who don't want to play the game without tranquilizer guns. There's lot of ways to make the game challenging and engaging. OG Deus Ex is easier than TPP and it's not a blemish to the game IMO.

Another strong point is that the game is quite moddable (for PC). If you want to go nuts and make the enemies have über-realist sight & hearing, you can do it youtube.com/watch?v=J-QS_dlTxDQ&t=1s

There's too much negativity surrounding this game but it's easily the most fun I've had with a MGS title besides 3. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/NbIbL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't bother, kojimaboos are gonna sagebomb you to death.

I liked it alot.
Konami fucked it alot.
It will never reach its full potential.
But its still a good game.

And this is precisely why the gameplay > story meme has zero actual value.

Get the full one man.

No, we fucking hate it. Now get out.

I un-installed when all my ooga booga speaking staff started dropping dead.
Put them in quarantine and they still die in droves.

It's an amazing sandbox game to fuck around with and do objectives in unorthodox ways but the game was overly hyped as fuck. Doubly so considering the dev hell Konami put kojimbo's team through.

Lurk moar.

I've been enjoying MGS5 though I haven't really played any of the other games. Every so often I wonder if I'm actually playing the game right though. Some times Miller has an orgasm over the codec about how good I am but then I get A rank at the end of the mission. Also I always seem to get bat and octopus ever since I stopped getting chick. No idea what they mean though.

Metal Gear??

Stop apologizing and excusing for an incomplete game.

I’m sorry, what?

Faggot all games are incomplete compared to the dev's vision.

Deus Ex wasn't finished either, no white house mission, no unatco path, no female denton, lots of cut stuff, surely a shit game :^)

Guy who pays kojimbo's checks comes down and tells him to move his team because this room will be used for something. Turns out moving computers and desks around takes a bit of time when working with a large team. Repeat that 2-3 times a month.

I'm Holla Forums and I don't like it.

Well there you have it OP.

I enjoy the gameplay but the story is a dumpster fire and sitting through at least a minute of credits before each mission was a fucking pain, and not a phantom one at that

MGSV TPP & GZ were both great games. Anyone who passionately disagrees need to head on back to reddit a.s.a.p. The writing was on the wall, Eli is the avatar of the kiddo who wont accept their Phantom Pain™.
see

I'm still playing it and I'm having fun.
That said, I heard it's a fun game, but a horrible Metal Gear game.
Konami butchered the game by rushing it and making they pretty much make the game over from 0 because they wanted it to run on last gen.
Not even half-way into the game yet and I can see what people mean. The open world is pretty fun, plus the mother base is really nice, but there's no monolithic forts to infiltrate, no giant factories with no place to rest in and full of enemies.
Someone post the original story greentext, I lost it.

That's a shitty way to start a thread, but at least it wasn't a single-sentence (1) and gone.

No WTC :^).

I don't even know what that means
MGS 1 & 2 fine, you can see the similarities, but then 3 comes, put less emphasis on story, changes mechanics a lot, couldn't feel more different than the previous MGS. So people enjoy it anyway, and Kojimbo brings MGS 4 with more story again, but changing gameplay and mechanics once again. Kojipro twists the formula once again for V and suddenly is bad and heretical. I think fans are just petty because the game didn't end up as the fan-fiction of their dreams

Yeah, pretty much.

Okay, run along now.

That’s fucking shit. I hadn’t heard that part yet.

Read my post.
Metal Gear was always about infiltrating giant bases with little to no support. In MGSV all you have to do is snipe the 5 people in the small complex and you're done, maybe 7 for the Emmerich mission in Afghan.
It's a fun game, honestly I wouldn't change much of the existing content, but there should be a bit more emphasis on the infiltrating bases part. One medium one for each area, then a bigger one for the last mission would be perfect.

its just not what autistic kiddos expected. That false explication can explain 99.9% of its detractors. One could also say the same about Peace Walker being not a "true metal gear" dude to it changing the formula. But that would be silly because Peace Walker is the "best" Metal Gear in terms of fun content, with V being a close runner-up. While its generally universally accepted even by myself that MGS3 was holistically the best game its clearly not the only standard bearer in defining what is and what is not a "Metal Gear" game.

^also, if its not clear, I am not essentially disagreeing with you*

How's the game? I bought the PS3 pack, so I already have it, but I haven't played it yet.

dont u know teasing is hotter?

3 had less than that. in V at least you get the ep. 12 complex, the oil refinery, the airport, taking back the motherbase (and subsequently FOB matchups) and OKB Zero, plus GZ

Wrong But that's probably because I'm into exhibitionism.

The gameplay is very solid, however it's the exact same things over and over again with very little variety. So the gameplay can't carry it through all the way.

I'm still trying to get through Ground Zeroes. It's not a get-gud thing, it's a "…well, if I want a sandbox mayhem game, GTA does this better. If I want a story game, anything non-Kojima past MGS1 does it better (although MGS2 gets an honorable mention, the story was ok). And if I want emergent gameplay, there are other games that do that better too." I'm just caught up on what the hell MGS wants to be these days. I miss MGS1, where the plot was campy at times but still somewhat believable (I mean, WHAT THE FUCK is with Liquid being INSIDE THE ARM that Ocelot grafted on? You can quote me Clark's 3rd law all you want, that shit was immersion breaking). I miss the Solid Snake days I guess, the series has only been a succession of letdowns since that first high water mark.
Fuck Raiden.
So I guess if it ever goes on $5 mega sale I'll pick it up just to do the nude mod.

I loved every second of it and 100% the game. At first I wasn't really into it but by the end it became my personal favorite Metal Gear game. The mission based Monster Hunter influences are unashamedly worn on its sleeve. I honestly wish that TPP & GZ were more like Peace Walker.

i hated how much raiden was pushed to be "cool". hated him till the end. would've preferred to see him do a transformation into someone likable but instead went further away from it with MGR and his combat high heels

3 had a bunch of small interconnected complexes, which was pretty fun. You infiltrated a lab that was already more complex than any base in Afghan in MGSV, then went to the bigger complex via an underground tunnel.
The thing is, the space between the complex was part of the complex, meaning it was heavily guarded, so you needed to sneak between enemy trenches and then go underground where that fucking fire faggot atacked you. You had no place to rest and that made it fun.
Sneaking past the chopper in the first part was fun, but the place was still really small, if anything it looked like an entrance to some big factory which it was probably supposed to be before Konami. The "complex" itself was no big deal either, you had a larger place, sure. But it was almost flat ground with a few trucks on it and 11 guards. I'll admit escaping from the metal gear was fun, but that place wasn't anything in special.
You mean one of the first missions in Africa? That was too easy. Sneak in, place a c4, blow it to distract the 8 guards while you shut down the thing and done. Just having some sort of underground level beneath that would've made it way better and closer to the "less" that MGS3 had.
I haven't played the rest yet though.

Is this pasta? If not, play MGS4. It's not that great, but the boss fights are really fun.

The graphics really turned me off, so I didn't get past the tutorial. Though so did MGS1's and I fucking loved it.
I guess I'll give it a try some other day.

Holla Forums liked it when it came out, but now everybody seems to act like hipsters.

I think there's a clear division between those who played it at launch immersed in all the hype and those who waited patiently and didn't have great hopes. I waited 8 months after release, back when everyone told me it was the worst experience of their lifetimes and instead had a great surprise with the game. I think it's a bit like MGS 2, where it disappointed the fandom at release due to missed expectations but eventually gained cult status amongst those who knew already about the raiden switcharoo and the post-modern stuff

fuck, read it the wrong way

The entire reason this "push to cool" happened is because fucking faggots who didn't realize what purpose Raiden served in the narrative.

Kind of a mixed bag. Story isn't as good as the previous entries, the open world isn't really used effectively, side missions feel largely samey and repetitive, and the bosses aren't to great minus the final boss. BUT, the game controls extremely well and can be a very mechanically brilliant game when playing through core story missions or simply dicking around with mechanics to see what works. Likely would have been much better if Konami didn't shit up it's development and simply let Kojimbo's autism run free

Degenerate.

I have been really wanting to play through MGS 1, 2 and 3 recently. I already have the PS2 emulator set up, but does anyone know of a good PlayStation 1 emulator? Will hopefully move on to 4 and 5 after.

it was a 50/50 mixed bag honestly from day one but I forced memes like hell to shame anyone who cried never be gayogre TBCH.

MGS 1 & MGS 2 both have a PC version

Retroarch Beetle is okay.

yes its called Mednafen & PCSX2 :^)

Most anons didn't want to admit they wasted money on an unfinished repetitive mess of a game which also has denuvo and microtransactions, no shit they said they liked it.
I do like how the game plays and some of the writing, but I still can't say it's a good game

I mean the player control was incredibly fluid, never felt that fast and slick in any third-person shooter before.

But the game was kinda dull and shit. Hard to get into and hard to stay interested for a long time.

Great as a TPS with optional stealth. Crap as an actual dedicated stealth game and as a Metal Gear game, although the series peaked at 3 anyways.
I can still install it and have fun which is more that I can say about most games though and is still probably the best 20 bux I ever spent, but I ain't gonna pay more than that for it.

more like (you)

>story was shit and left unfinished

Fuck you OP.

There is nothing more pure than a woman embracing her female form.

SUPPA TENKOOOOOOOOO

Would Kojima and pals have been able to finish the game if they hadn't spent so much money on making their own engine and just used an existing one? How would the game have turned out if they did that?

I don't think so.
It wasn't a matter of money, they weren't going over budget or anything.
Konami just rushed them a lot and according to an user last-gen consoles really held them back.

The base gameplay is extremely solid, the unlocks can keep you going for a long ass time and like you said there's a lot of playstyle variety. It's good but it's also surrounded by a lot of dumb shit

It's the only relevant singleplayer game since 2010 tbh.

you're fucking retarded. there have been plenty of single player games that have come out since then. go fuck yourself, kojima fanboy shitstain.

Is it just me, or has anti-Kojimaism become far more obnoxious and cringy than being a Kojima fanboy ever could be?
Examples being people like

Death Stranding is going to be an interactive movie with leftist narrative. There's no reason to support this man.

To be honest I think they're both about the same level of garbage tier posting.
I feel like I'm one of a dying breed of people who play games for the game rather than who made them or what system they're on or what company paid for their development.

I've still never played a Metal Gear Solid game but Mesal Gear Solid
Mesal Gear Solid was pretty good though

I've always played MGS for the gameplay and have never been particularly interested its the story, and I still absolutely hated 5. I genuinely don't understand what people are talking about every time they go all "aw man sure it's a shit game but it has the best gameplay in the series for some reason I won't describe." It's like I played a different game to everyone else.
But it's apparently the best gameplay in the series regardless of all this trash because Snake feels marginally better to control than in MGS4, I guess?

And the worst part is it's not even fun to mess around in like you would expect an open world game to be. Your toolset is so limited and lacking in variety compared to 3 and 4 that you can't be anywhere near as creative as you can in those games, especially since the open worlds are both just flat plains of nothing and there's very little level design to abuse in creative ways.

I don't care about the story to be honest. I just wanted a good game and I got some half baked blend of stealth and open world action that isn't a good stealth game or a good open world action game.

What purpose was that?

Mission 43 (Shitting Streets, Even In America) was my favorite.

The ranking is speed based.

This one?

Not to mention the 10 minutes of "Conceived by kojima, enlarged by kojima, made by kojima, prepped by kojima" you have to watch before doing anything ever.

The wiki says it's what your takedowns are mostly composed of. The first game was speed based I'm pretty sure.

The thing is, they opted over having a chopper hand you items as opposed to having everything on yourself, like usual, so they had to cut cammo/weapon uses to make up for the player possibly not upgrading/having an item on him. IMO that was quite dumb, the weapons part was a shot in the foot, though the cammo was simply casualization.
I like the upgrade system and having a chopper give you ammo, but letting you keep one item of each category or something would've allowed them so much more. Though it's not like they couldn't have kept the current system, given you one of each needed weapon type at the start and then dropped it off nearby as needed in story missions.
I liked MGS4's bosses and the last two minutes, but the movement was kind of bad. The thing about MGSV is that the movement is really fucking fluid, it does simple shit like turning the character around before walking when you go back, but it just makes the character feel so much better than other TPS games.
That's just like, your opinion man.

AFAIK he was a self insert for the player.
You as a player wanted to be Solid Snake, the badass in MGS. So, in comes MGS2 baiting you with "be Solid Snake!", only to have you play as yourself, Raiden, the unexperienced snake fanboy who doesn't know anything and is in a simulation to be the next snake, even though you don't realize it.
The enemies you're fighting are just there to train you, the people giving you help are just AI, snake is just a another character.

Yeah.
Whenever I read it I get mad and want to nuke Konami, but I always read it all the way.
Just imagine what games would be if there weren't old men in suits butchering them and selling the pieces.

At least you can skip that, you can skip the heli parts.

This. You can see what you did in game, in, I think, the encyclopedia or by looking at the custom emblems you've got.
It's mostly about what was your type of gameplay.
I get fox when things go right, which's killing people without being seen.

*you can't skip the heli parts

Get over yourselves

It's almost like the hivemind is super hypocritical here, or something.
For the most part, MGS:V is a really solid game. The last truly great MGS was 3, IV and Peace Walker are both flawed in some inherent ways that make them inferior to that particular game. V is no exception, except the flaws are story oriented and not gameplay oriented.
V is a very good game, and I think most anons are either just running on the hate bandwagon because it makes them feel cool or they're storyfags who got burned by the gameplay focus.
I enjoyed it a lot, despite the disappointment on the story front, I got a good 200 hours or so out of some solid sneaking gameplay. With mods, it's an even better experience.

There's literally nothing wrong with 3 other than the easy bosses.

It's a decent game, but open world really doesn't suite stealth gameplay. It's like Resident Evil 4; It's a great game in it's own merit, but it's a bad 'Metal Gear' game.

So you enjoy doing the exact same side missions in the exact same areas, with maybe some new equipment on the same patrols, going the same patrol routes, and then redo everything again only this time with red vehicles? Once you reach the final parts of the game it's basically replaying everything you've already did before with rarely any unique missions to break the monotony. Multiplayer is great though, which is what everyone did after people realized that.

Have people finally warmed to Peace Walker? It's my favorite Metal Gear as well, but a lot of people seemed to hate it when it came out.

Nintendrones and bethesdacucks own Holla Forums.
They just nuked a thread critical of the evil within 2, it already had a dozen apologists saying its feminist memes weren't so bad if you don't go all gamergate over it.

I put in 120 hours into it and enjoyed all of them. Doing missions OSP style is fun as hell in this game.
Story was a bit disappointing with the lack of resolution but I loved what was there.
I think it's just too different from the other games for most people.

Both PW and TPP have the same problem: the mission structure takes you out of the immersion. They should have given you the option of following a strict story mode without managerial bullshit.

But then you wouldn't find equipment on the field, and its research\layout are to be done through that shitload of menus at motherbase.

Metal Gear was never good and Kojima was always a hack fraud

When playing it, I enjoyed the hell out of it, more so than any recent game I can remember. Act 2 began and barely much progression was made. Then I got to the ending and realized that's it. There wasn't even much else to do after that. All in all I was really pissed off, still am, I cringe whenever there is an MGSV thread here. It seems like something that may never go away.

The core gameplay is really fun. Unfortunately the game is still frustratingly unfinished, even if you ignore the story component. Needed way more mission variety, better designed areas like Camp Omega. This game needs a level editor.

But camp omega is still in the game: ground zeroes is not really a standalone game, it's the first part of TPP.

Fuck that apologist logic user, it was an overpriced demo and the demo is locked out of the base game by normal means.

That's just one area though. Very little in Phantom Pain feels as well designed.

I want to believe. God help me I'd actually pay full price again just to have it finished.

Side ops can get repetitive but they're not something you have to do very often, and even if you do, you can vary your approach drastically between each one.

peace walker is better.

For some reason I never kill people. Knockout and fulton is so much tidier. Then again I think I need to get moving faster so maybe I should just get a second pistol with shitloads of shots on its silencer and just cut a bloody swath through the enemy instead of waiting for them to finish scratching their ass and move away from where I'm trying to sneak.
That no kills bonus is nice though.

the gameplay is great. i love it.
story, on the other hand, blows.

I used to do tranq and fulton, but now my base is full, so I don't bother with A or lower.
I like to get in without being seen and fulton armored vehicles/A+ soldiers, then kill the rest without being seen while quiet helps to get that clear bonus.

user, everyone makes mistakes when they're young. Years later, admit you got memed like a fool and prove you have become a bigger man.

Ground Zeroes is the first chapter of The Phantom Pain, and is sandbox just like the parent game, with several hours of content to unlock.

Did you even pay attention to the story?

Confirmed for not playing the whole game, the final half of the fucking story is locked behind repeating previous missions but harder so you can maybe unlock a unique story related mission. And there is a minimum number of side ops you must complete to unlock the side ops you need to continue the story because you need to meet conditions to unlock specific story missions which by that point is either redoing a story mission or doing moar side ops. And fuck that "you can do it any way you like therefore you're the problem" logic once you've figured out the most optimal way to complete the side ops there is no reason to ever change your plan even when you're bored because it's the exact same thing all the interesting side ops are actually one time only events and they never happen again so they simply take the same side ops you've been doing and simply cycle through them. Then the red vehicles come forth.

Flashbacks and audio tapes seem to work well enough for me.

Gameplay is fun at first due to sheer variety of tools and options until you realize just how insanely OP rolling is.
As it turns out, MGS 4 is still somehow more mechanically sound and complex than Phantom Pain.

And no, "mods fix it" is not a defense, fuck off, this isn't fucking Skyrim.

I liked the sanic one where you can just S Rank OKB Zero with D-Walker and a shield and just straight up drive right through the whole base.

Yeah. The amount of options they give you is great but at no point is there a mission hard enough to make them needed.
Not unless you count sneaking through the same fucking base over and over in FOB crap a mission, but nobody sane does.

The lack of act 3 really
really
really shows.

The only decent missions were, hilariously, the massive ones that essentially required memorization of the massive, empty sandbox and memorization since replaying the game with skill really emphasizes just how poorly the AI meshes with the massive, open environments.

Ground Zeroes on hard was pretty difficult simply because of how tight the area was and the +10m visibility on guards.
Phantom Pain has NOTHING.

I had some fun with it, namely I would stun/sleep/hold up a whole outpost, then I would carry them all into a neat little line, wake them up then immediately hold them up, after I did this I took out my ghettoblaster and just unloaded on them all. It's a nice genocide simulator in that way. Otherwise, it was just a worse version of peace walker in my opinion

I went for an all-white Diamond Dogs and I still got fucked because some mercs knew that stupid ooga booga language, mostly the ones I fultoned out from the African PFs (I guess they're Rhodesians and SA whites)

Shit's fun, especially modded. It's too bad the game still has so much online shit weighing it down, though.
If all of the FOB missions could be downloaded and put into a big offline list for selection, and all of the "you must wait 5 real life days to get a few flowers" bullshit, it would be much improved.

Also if the second half of the fucking game existed.

A ghettoblaster is an oversized portable radio popular with urban youths in the '80s, not a firearm kid.

Those are the 2010s and not the 80s anymore, grandpa, get on with the fucking times. Today a ghettoblaster is an automatic firearm which is well suited for elimination of non-whites (hence ghettoblaster)

I just remembered how the game spoils what you will encounter at the start of every mission with that "starring" bullshit.

plz no
don't do this to me hideo

It’s fun as fuck, man. I got some pretty insane amount of content and value for $20. It needed a more fleshed out chapter two, a chapter three, maybe two more maps, and co-op. You can tell that’s where they ran out of time and Konami pushed the game out so they could oust Kojima. I really think if Kojima has another year to work on it, it would probably be my favorite game of the decade.

Still though, what we got was pretty fucking rad. Even now, I still discover little details such as

Just small shit like that sets it apart from other stealth/action games.

The Phantom Pain is the only Metal Gear game I've played and I thought it was fun

Nah bro, you say ghetto blaster and most people will still think of a boombox, not a gun.

Multi post reaction image shitposters are the imageboard equivalent of a bukkake slut.

It didn't help that konami forced them to make the game for last gen consoles as well and other things imgur.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/NbIbL

I can see how you would feel upset about the story if you're a diehard MG fan who's played all of them until now, but to say its a bad game is to go too far.

I played it without having played any of the previous games and I loved it. From a gameplay perspective, it was phenomenal. One of the best games I'd ever played.

Neat. I found out about that hostage taking one but the tanks and apcs still shoot, deliberately missing.
I saw the regular her and had ocelot and miller talk about her condition. She's not really dead, is she? Is it all in Snake's head? I mean I would believe it but no spoilers.

I want to have sex with a Haven Trooper.

You and me share the same taste, either go full nude or not at all, nothing pisses me off more then cockteasing.

BROTHER

Not where I'm from. Suomi

Oh my.

She had a c4 explode in her vagina, she's pretty damn dead.

she had c4 in her womb and asshole

or you could just not be autistic and realise when people say story they're usually referring to the linear b movie reject dev fan faction that compromises the entirety of the AAA game industry.
For all it's faults mgs at least attempts to tie game mechanics in with the story where possible. (mgs4 cutscenes were a shitshow though)

They were talking about sneks condition.

Isn't it considered a bad game due to being unfinished? Pretty much it was a half-decent game we only got half of?

It was the first game I could truly say I knew like the back of my hand and then MGO came out and was fucking dogshit.

I would say act 1 is pretty good, is when you get to act 2 that everything starts to fall apart.

Huh, I why they insist on selling Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain seperately, but apparently they've got both games in a $30 bundle with the DLC. I guess Konami at least has pricing down.

Infinite Heaven can change that, but you’ll have to take a fair amount of time to tweak it to something realistic.
CQC? More like QTE.
Yeah, I hated that.
Infinite Heaven gets rid of that.
Yep.
I am literally still waiting for things to develop. I am also still literally waiting to be given free MB coins so that I can get a FIFTH FOB so that I can even get enough staff to get a high enough level to even UNLOCK everything, much less develop it. This is so far beyond fucking bullshit that there is no expletive in any language to describe it.
Compared to the previous games, yeah. I never really thought about that, but I absolutely love gimmick weapons in games.
Yep. I played far too conservatively until I realized no one could ever see me.
Blame the PS3 and Xbox 360, since the distances are only there to give the game time to UNLOAD your previous location and load the new one in. The engine can’t render 25 NPCs at once without crashing. That’s probably also why there aren’t any 3rd party NPCs (nigger civilian natives in Africa and mujahideen in Afghanistan). And it’s guaranteed why there weren’t two more entire maps in the game.
D-Dog is cheat mode. Never mind that you yourself can magically mark and see people through walls.
Infinite Heaven + the Side Op Mod gives you some really nice variety in new side-ops, but there’s no excuse for the game being as copied and pasted as it is.
Isn’t that most of MGS, though?
I’ve basically never played it, and now it’s totally dead, so there’s only ever one match playing at once.
FIFTH. FOB. STILL WAITING.

They added the fulton rocket launcher a while back, and I don't think there is anything more interesting than that.

How the hell don’t I know about this… Probably because it’s level 11 and I still can’t see all of those.
How the fuck is that supposed to be fun?

It's still a stepdown from peace walker
>Autistic requirements for codenames tfw ran a single mission and slammed over 300 guys with CQC to unlock "bear"

there's no level 15 stuff yet, the slots were made just in case the game were popular enough for years to keep milking people with updates. I don't think we will ever get level 15 items

The game was also supposed to have doggos and more cameras.

But they said they got both of them out and even showed them rummaging around in her bagina for the other one.

Did you finish the Paz side mission?

so its going to be a remake of MGS4?

i really unironically liked MGS5, but i also got it on sale for $20 on PC so I never had to deal with the bullshit FOB garbage and just installed easy research/higher rank soldier mods when the grind became unbearable. i like how it's sort of open world if you want to just run around and waste some time, but the missions are mostly focused and show you the rough area where your objective is, but you can approach it in a multitude of ways (if you're looking for a prisoner, for example, you can get D-Dog to sniff them out, or get Quiet to scout the camp, or interrogate guards to get information, or just blow up their communications and pick them off one by one, whatever)

that said the story ends so unsatisfyingly that even on sale i don't feel like i got a full metal gear game. it's fun as hell and when you can cut out konami's FOB jewry it's pretty inoffensive but that story ended the MGS legacy with a loud, trumpety fart instead of the huge bang i was expecting

it honestly broke my heart when SHs got thrown into the never ever bin. I wanted to believe. I got my hopes up. It doesn't look like Death Stranding is getting cancelled any time soon but we haven't seen any gameplay for it and have no clue what it's going to resemble.

MGSV was really something else and reading the what-could-have-beens posted just make me feel kinda sad because it's one of the best half-finished fuck-ups I ever played.

In best case, a few years time. In worst case, Kojima turns out to be a never ever/broken promises developer.

Story and gameplay are awesome and I doubt most people would know it was "unfinished" unless they read about it online.

Best game of the last ten years. Fuck contrarians.

*meant to say 5 years but whatever

are you clinically braindead?
BRAVO HDEOUS KOJINGLES
NOPE GAEM OBER.
>>>/suicide/

Most "finished" AAA games that come out will barely give you 20-40 hours worth of gameplay. I racked up like 240 hours on TPP. At least.

They added a patch that lets you get her back.

1. Confirmed for not having finished the Paz side missions.
2. The tapes in GZ explicitly say that they had to remove her organs to fit the bombs inside and that she only had 48 hours to live, maximum. Skull Face said that would be plenty of time to bait Snake.

you sank 240 hours in a shitty game, congrats.
I wasted 120 (^: Marathoned main story in 33 hours, what a disappointment.

I'm adding hours up, since I played two versions of the game, as well as a lot of FOB missions.

Yeah I did the introductory one but not anything else. I'm only on mission 16 of the main storyline.

The Phantom Pain and New Vegas walk into a bar.
"What can I get ya?", asks Spore.

hey, your joke

Those people are what we call retards.

The story is unfinished which is reflected by how abruptly the gameplay ends.

Spoilers
That room, the conversation with Miller and Ocelot, and Paz herself weren’t real. The whole thing is in Snake’s Head. If you listen to the tapes, Paz slowly realizes this herself. The final tape is a real kick in the gut.

It really ties into the Phantom Pain theme of the game. Venom Snake remembers Paz as Big Boss remembered her, but his guilt over her death comes from him not being able to save her as the medic. In the final cutscene, Snake realizes he’s standing in a room that isn’t there, speaking to a Phantom Paz, and tries to catch an imaginary butterfly with a hand that’s no longer there. In her final tape, Paz reminisces of her time on Mother Base and tells you that even if you burn the whole world down, it still won’t bring her back. She tells you there’s more to remember than hatred or rage, and she knows the true emotion locked beneath all of that thirst for vengeance. She wants you to let it out, let it guide you, and live

Vid related is a surprisingly accurate representation of the whole thing

I did not expect this.

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong thread, the assfaggots thread is two pages down.

Oh fuck I do.

Here we go.