DOOM THREAD

GOTTA DOOT EDITION
What wad is your present DOOT?
RIP AND BULLY SKELEFAGS
Was Simon's Destiny good or not either a good wad nor vania?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/psxdoomtc
github.com/qbasicer/qzdl
doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/87120-rocket-launcher-2-0-cross-platform-doom-front-end/
doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP03:_The_Gantlet_(Doom_II)
8agdg.wikidot.com/moonman-doom
dropbox.com/s/s4ouc8ftig8geca/joymaps5-intbeta2.pk3?dl=1
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-patch
manual.dengine.net/assets/model?s[]=material
manual.dengine.net/modding/supported_3d_model_formats?s[]=fbx
zdoom.org/wiki/Model_format
archive.fo/NRuPW
inmost-dens.tumblr.com/post/168644024204/link-httpsforumzdoomorgviewtopicphpf-1t-5
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=58775
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45708&p=1024397
doomworld.com/profile/137-esselfortium/?status=900925&type=status
youtube.com/watch?v=JB_omHQwYh8
oblacek.sh.cvut.cz/bin/zmas2k5_final.zip
mega.nz/#!fpt2DbzL!V81u-LrmpbiGndzAhyBk54-qg2nsdnHOILWBNtKY_60
8agdg.wikidot.com/
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58800
youtube.com/watch?v=ToxCauCn9Sc,
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does gzdoom manage to be so fucking badly optimized? You know you fucked up when your source port makes vanilla Doom freeze to the point where you have to hard reset your high end PC.

It really depends on what version, almost like emulators. There are also wads just just fuck shit up, built for a particular version of GZ. There is no going home, the only way out is through.

The recent releases seem smooth. I was just playing that stupid Mayrio wad. The stupid fucking thing needs a version.txt file.

PrBoom+ is my favourite port for this very reason. If only the majority of newly-released mods wouldn't require GZDoom.

Start with the fucking threadly ya cunt

Yep, yeah. The ties to GZ for damn near every modern wad make me want to tear guts.

Why would I spoonfeed virgins? Why would you? Ask yourself that question first.

As for my opinion on Simon's Destiny. I think it's rubbish if you've ever played a 'vania. Great work from a level designer standpoint but a trash example of attempting to meld the two. It ends up lesser that the sum of its parts. Even just the bloody whip doesn't give you a good impression of where it cracks exactly.

How the fuck am I to whip and tear without proper feedback?

The goddamn whip looked good in the pre-release trailers. It just don't contact properly. Especially for a DOOT weapon. There's no CRACK when it hits or anything. It's obvious the dood just was better at level design than the total conversion thing.
I AM MAD
MAD ABOUT WHIPS

Anyone know a decent Christmas mod for using with multilayer? I was surprised to find there hasn't been a christmas mod since the 90s.

That image is shit though, stop shoving it in every thread.

I just posted this in a few areas, so I may as well post this now on the topic of Doom wads. This is the shop area in MoM which also act as a central teleport hub, connecting to all the major areas. Each Pocket Dimension for each shop keeper is based on the element of the area, which also means they specialize in that elemental weapon and magic type!

Is it fine if I can post this stuff here too as well as AGDQ, considering the topic?

Also Edit since It only uploaded 2 of the files of the 5

I'm sorry man but I can't stand your game's style, it's just hideous.

Eh, it lists a lot of garbage and it's way too bloated at this stage. We should try to make our own at some point.

This isn't the NuDoom thread, bucko.

Holy fuck that is ugly.

That is fine and I can understand why it may not be your cup of tea; I must ask however, what is it that is jarring to you?

Yeah, it lists things like the Japanese Community Project despite it being an incredibly average megawad.
It half of the things listed could be removed with little outrage.

There's no real shading, not much detail on anything and the lighting is almost nonexistent.
Just look at that gun, why does it look so shoddily made? Why is 40% of it the exact same shade of light brown?
It's too colourful and lacks any definition.

I feel bad for the Nip players of Doom, the only megawad they ever produced is only noted because it's Japanese.

you are going to have to be specific since you could be referring to 3 different things. When you are talking about detail and lighting, are you talking about the environment, or the sprites?

If its the sprites, that unfortunately in this instance has been the style I have been going for since day one, as my aim was to replicate the early Japanese pre-rendered graphics style of Tomba/Camelot games. If its the environment, where would you expect me to add lighting in the instance of these images shown here? And please don't say go crazy with GZDoom Lights

Simon's Destiny is good as far as gameplay. A little awkward to get a feel of how long your whip range and accuracy is, but everything else is great.

(checked)
If it teaches people how to play something other than Brutal Doom, then it's probably worth doing.

Yes, and the style is horrible. It doesn't matter if it's what you were aiming for.

The kind of people posting here aren't going to be the kind of people playing Brutal Doom.

All of it, it's all ugly.
I don't mean the lighting in the environments although they do look fullbright now that you've mentioned it, I mean the lighting in the sprites is just banding. That is the laziest fucking way to do it.
If you're going for a retro style you should know that banding is something people tried to avoid, not intentionally do.

Would you please tell me what Banding is, since I am not sure what that exactly is

It's a type of color transitioning, the type your using.

What he's talking about is the left circle.
This image has only 7 colors, but the way they deal with switching one color to another is different.

the sprites are actually pre-rendered with their shadow that way. It was the intended look, but as I said, I do understand your distaste from it though. All I can say is, if the graphical style is not to your tastes, I hope you are still able to enjoy the gameplay when the time comes to actually play it. They really isn't much I can do since I am already 2 years into this with all the sprites already done, I'm not trying to be a cop out or anything.

Fucking hell, user.
I understand there's a certain style you're going for, but it isn't working. This doesn't look retro, it looks bad.

Try some vanilla wads, there's lots of them and they run in any port.
Pic is from GARDEN2.WAD

I dunno, I think it looks neat.

What version are you doing? I've never had any issues with it.

user, holy fuck. Condense all your thoughts into one post instead of posting five times in a row.

It's been awhile since I saw somebody so technically good at art while being so aesthetically bad at it.

I'm sure you put a lot of effort into this so it hurts all the more.

Are you sure that's a wad? It looks like one of the early Doom 2 levels, I can't remember the name of the level I'm thinking of though.

Okay then.

How difficult is it to start making wads? I've had this idea for a non-shit SCP game but I know next to nothing about programming

You're thinking of a Doom 1 level, E1M3.
Either that or you've somehow mistaken it for Doom 2's third level, The Gauntlet.

Just finished DooD 4. Was good.

I do genuinely appreciate all the feed back you guys gave me. It gives me something to consider in future when working on newer sprites

I tend to rely on light colors then actually darkening. Do you think I should add more of a blue hue to the Nightime Desert section?

And by light sources, can you tell me where I could improve?

Yeah it's a really old wad for Doom 1. This is the file on my HD:
GARDEN2.WAD, 195477 bytes, Oct 24 1994
It has E2M1 map for Doom, but I don't remember where I got it from. Anyway it's pretty good for 94. Worth a run through anyway. There's a maze section (not too horrible) and a bunch of ambushes to keep you on your toes. Nothing unfair or too hard though.

Not him but your problem is that every room looks fully lit for no reason. It looks very unnatural.
Look at the lighting in Doom 2, do you see how the light shifts from bright to dark as it goes from the lit corridor to the unlit expansive room?
Everything you posted looks way to bright. You posted a picture of the desert, at night, and it looks totally lit up with artificial light. Tone down on the color, man. It should look like it's lit by starlight. I know my edit isn't great but it's just to give a rough idea.

Personally, I'd not screw with colored lighting there and lowered sector brightness by 32-64.
What I meant by that is that cave or night time outdoor area being lit up just as much as an outdoor area during mid-day, without lamps, torches, candles, lava rivers or at least bright moon in the sky looks silly.

Nono, this is helpful, I will take notes of this. Honestly, I don't mind anons ribbing me, it brings attention to things I don't even think about.

The area is actually a place filled with 6 pocket dimensions. Each section of the shop is actually another pocket dimension. those doors you see are actually connected to nothing behind them!

I will definitely consider adding more light sources. I have been using more fog to add more density to the maps too, which you can see in the forest section?

You guys aren't doing it right until you play Doom on toasters.

GZDoom isn't just a source port anymore, it is basically its own engine for making games out of and that's how most of the community seems to treat it. Simon's Destiny is a good recent example. To be fair, I have modded for GZDoom before and it is a lot of fun. Very fast turnaround to see shit working in game. For a long time now GZDoom seems to have focused on adding features and pushing the limits so that modders can do more shit.

Which is ironic because the guy behind GZDoom fucking hates gameplay mods and gameplay modders.

I think that got changed some time ago. But it seems like that was the case until then.

I don't think that has been the case for a while, since 3d bridges were added at minimum, which was years ago. I'm not too well informed on all the autistic egos coming and going but if the guy is like anything you've described, then he wouldn't have allowed 3d bridges to be added. I feel like there are more than enough purist source ports anyway, how many do you really need?

No, Graffy boy is just as much of a spiteful fuck as he's always been. You should see the tantrum he threw over Lilith.pk3, and how his latest version of GZDoom causes certain gameplay mods to have their save files explode.

Because you have a toaster. A pentium 4 can handle GZDoom just fine.

It was another shitty meme wad for MUH NOSTALGIA PLZ PLAY MY MOD AVGN

The render certainly looks better. The issue is when it's turned into a low-res sprite here . This is one of those projects which would benefit from the use of higher res sprites since they would look like you intented instead of a messy amalgam of plain non-shaded colors.

People wouldn't seriously make Doom wads for stream bait would they? I don't even know any besides Mr. Icarus.

So, I tried nuDoom recently. It was okay. Wish every enemy didn't turn into a pinata whenever I was low on health but it was fine otherwise I guess. Better than Doom 3 at least Doesn't hold a candle to 1 or 2, but I don't see what the big deal was.

Not by much, though.

These threads are for the first two games and the various wads.

Well it didn't mention it being a retro Doom thread so I figured it was as good a place as any to post.

You unwashed ass hole, Doom3 is way better even in multiplayer.

I played Simon's Destiny, it was OK. The FPS format is noticeably worse for the gameplay of Castlevania because it's really difficult to tell if enemies are in whip range. The remixes and tributes they used for the soundtrack are meh. As much as I don't want to admit it, I actually laughed at the AVGN joke they put in the second level. There's an altar room with a destructable cross on it, and when you destroy it instead of getting an item you get a middle finger that turns into AVGN's face and he says something to the effect of "Bet you were expecting a turkey, HA HA!" I was indeed expecting a turkey. But it's one of those fan projects that is well dressed yet shallow by its very nature (and the joke added to that feeling), it's that feeling you get when a game was inspired by memes of what other games are like instead of fundamental design principles.

I'd rather play Half-Life with the gamma turned all the way down, that would be the same thing except better in level design.

Don't forget knives are absurdly powerful thanks to the perspective change.

The levels are also filled with long hallways that have like 5 enemies in them. I can kind of see where the designer was going – trying to translate the side scrolling sections to an FPS level – but it just comes off as a child's idea. Long empty hallways are not fun in any gsme irrespective of genre. The high point of that game is actually the boss fights, it seemed like he tried to approach that with a fresh angle instead of looking at a 2D Castlevania level and thinking "how can I extrapolate a 3rd dimension from this like a pop-up book."

Is there any way to play DOOM purely as a top down shooter?

tbh, somebody could probably make it-

It would take some work, but like I said doable.

The automap already does that. All you need to do is add enemies to the automap and you're basically done.

BOST BEST WADS!

Hit tab key. Type IDDT until it shows monsters & projectiles. Now you're back in 1980, playing asteroids with shotguns.

What's a good level pack to play Demon Steele with?

Is there a mod that puts the Doom 1 mapset into Doom 2 with all the new enemies/weapons? I've heard people talk about it but I haven't seen a finished version.

Apparently Playstation Doom does a good job, but that thing has to be run with .bat files which is just too much bullshit for me to put up with. I like my shit in a nice .pk3 file that I can load with GzDoom.

Well I did find this thing, but I haven't used it yet since I don't know how to load multiple WADs when running GZDoom in Linux.

mediafire.com/psxdoomtc

I also don't see why you'd need a BAT file considering how easy it is to load/manage several wads with ZDL.

Just use terminal:
gadoom /path/to/iwad /path/to/pwad1 /path/to/pwad2
And so on. If there are spaces in your directory or file names don't forget to use escape symbol (\) to avoid breaks. Once you've successfully launched a game you migh want to save this command into a bash script.

Works fine for me.

it's much easier to simply make a bat file than it is booting up zdl every time you want to play.

I have a few hundred mods and level sets and such, that's a lot of BAT files. Plus ZDL files can save everything except configurations. Thanks for the terminal advice though

Well, what I'm suggesting is essentially the Linux version of BAT file. If you want to use a shitload of wad combinations easily you have to use something else.
That said, I found a Qt version of ZDL that should run under Linux:
github.com/qbasicer/qzdl
There's also Rocket Launcher 2, a cross-platform launcher that targets multiple source ports and even the original under DOSbox.
doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/87120-rocket-launcher-2-0-cross-platform-doom-front-end/
I'm gonna check them out during the weekend and see if they're good.

Speaking of which, how can I make Project Brutality stop stuttering and dropping into single-digit FPS every time zombies start shooting?

The style of the weapon is pretty comfy but anything else is rather hideous. You should seriously consider hiring a spriter.

Alright, I tried compiling qzdl from source but ./configure refuses to work:
I do have qt-devel installed and up to date. Any way I can fix it? Distro is Fedora 26.

It seems to be a separate package, I guess you need to install qt4/qt4-make.

Nevermind, I just replaced all mentions of qmake with qmake-qt4 in configure script, it seems to be working fine now. It is a little difference in command names between distros.

qZDL works fine, the only problem I've encountered is that it doesn't load files with white spaces in their names.
Sage for doubleposting.

Jesus christ this site is terrible. Was getting sick of 4chan and wanted something different but goddamn the UI on this site is atrocious. every page loads like shit too

I'm glad this place isn't like 4chan tbh. I don't like their crazy javascript captcha. Also I largely use non-javascript browsers anyway.

Using Linux is suffering.

Hey guys, just want to let you know DOOM VFR has been released so you can experience the classic DOOM (2016) experience in VR, for the bargaining price of $30! Now you can play DOOM the way you always wanted, by constantly teleporting around. Just ignore the Mixed rating, the bugs will be fixed soon. I promise.

Unless you own an Oculus Rift. :^)

Tell you what, I might download it off the pirate bay sometime if I can be assed, Todd.

I didn't play the multiplayer so I'll take your word for it.

Any recommendations on Horror-themed .wads?

I'm having issues with the guns in Russian Overkill they keep going up in the air the more I fire at enemies. anyone else get this problem?

Are the wads the columbine guys made available anywhere?

It's a feature

yeah but it impedes gameplay. any way to turn it off

There's a literal James Rolfe "voice clip from AVGN review" easter egg in it because Third Reich Mike was playing it while it was in development.

You have shit taste. 4 was awful. 3 was masterful.

Nope, you can't do that, that's illegal and the doom community will shut you down. :^)
Just ignore all the content ripped from every other DOS shooter shoved into every single doom mod.

idgamesarchive should still have it, unless the maintainers at the increasingly goony Doomworld decided to cleanse it for being offenthive.

man I feel old. when I got Doom 2, a year or two later Columbine happened and the game got blamed so my mom took it off me. I live on my own now so I don't have to worry about that. also, it was the reason German class was taken out of my high school.

Italian got to stay. fucking dagos. ruining everything. my school was filled with them.

wut?

doom 2 have secret wolf 3d levels

Not any more, BFG edition and rereleases rewrote history, just like they turned medkits from red +s to pills because the (((Red Cross))) threw a fit. :^)

A masterful pile of shit. People claim "oh, it'd be good if it wasn't called Doom", but that wouldn't fucking matter. Even if you strip the name away, it'd be a generic "horror" game with almost nothing of value besides some pretty lighting.

turn on mouse aim

How is he moving?

How do I disable double tap dodge in BDSE?

It's fake.

It's illegal to be this wrong.

You're right
You have to go >>>/back/
Doom 3 is the biggest turd and even NuDoom managed to beat it as average as it is and being made in Current Year + 1

Scythe 2, as that's what it was designed for.

Anyone here played Final Doomer? It's pretty fun for a weapon mod.

BTSXguy a shit. JCPCguy's pretty damn radicool though, plays alot like a proto-shadow warrior+touhou gimmick.

What's the skinny on Project MSX? Is it worth trying out?

>>>/reddit/

Looks pretty sweet. It looks like it doesn't arbitrarily quadruple difficulty for no reason so the goon community probably doesn't like it, but it looks worth playing.

Does anyone play chocolate Doom/Heretic/Hexen online?

It's "The Gantlet". Enjoy having your mind blown.

He said it was The Gauntlet.

What's Map08's name?

Best Doom 2 map. Also known as Tricks and Traps.

Wrong spelling though. The spelling is important!

doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP03:_The_Gantlet_(Doom_II)

Huh.

tfw no redboy bf

There's a new version of Project MSX out?

No, of course there isn't. ;_;

It's great fun actually, probably one of my favorite gameplay mods for Doom. It's essentially finished, but abandoned nonetheless.

gay

English spellings change a lot, even in the last few years some words have started to be spelt differently.
You've probably seen people using "tho" as a shortform version of "though", but that's exactly how words change spelling. I wouldn't be surprised if "tho" became the common standard spelling of the word in my lifetime.

Is it just me, or did Brutal Doom make every single classic FPS out there feel like hot garbage? It's just everything you want from a classic FPS it's not even funny anymore. Also, it makes the likes of Painkiller and Serious Sam look like fucking trash (even though they're pretty shitty to begin with tbf).

Fags not welcome

No really, Doom and Quake are more crowd control than a twitch shooter, BD does indeed make most twitch shooters feel like shit though I agree. .

Nah, crowd control sounds more like Serious Sam which is just waves after waves. Doom and Quake were pretty twitchy. And regardless of being twitch or not, Brutal Doom is incredibly responsive in visuals and controls. The gore system really pushes the 2D capability of the engine, and the weapons just feel meaty and powerful. And try playing it in realism mode where most enemies die in a single shotgun fire, using the minigun feels really great.

As for Serious Sam, I don't give 2 shits about the series. They're all overblown garbage with cheap design and little attention to details. The gunplay feels weak, the combat feels really tedious, and the level design is just incredibly half assed. How autistic can you be to become a SS fan?

had fun with it though

stop, these are about as classic as halo, and only a year older. They aren't classic shooters despite how hard serious sam fags want to believe that they're just like doom or quake. they aren't. the game is far worse.

That's why I didn't lump them with classic shooters.

What the fuck do you think Doom and Quake are are nigger?
Priotization, avoiding fire and strafing while keeping your weapon on the enemy.
Thats not a twitch shooter
Fuckoff Roland

I think the sheer amount of enemies Serious Sam puts you against at one time also changes how the game operates, plus a lot of them will actively charge at you at a speed that strafing alone won't deal with.

I don't know what that BDkiddie is smoking, but doom is more about positioning, resource management and enemy-priotization, rather than raw SSG swing skillz outside of deathmatch, mostly because enemies are so goddamn SLOW even on fastmonsters. I think he may have drank too much of the A_FastChase and headshot hitbox's x5 damage coolaid on that shitfest of a mod, which may lead him to believe that kind of bullshit.

He's right though, the level designs in Serious Sam games are basically just a bunch of big cubes connected to one another with different window dressing. The turret maze in BFE was pretty interesting though.

yeah, serious sam is the last game you look to for good level design. most levels are really samey and dripfeed you new enemy types and really drag on with expanding very boring engagement types.

It depends on what version of Doom you're playing. Vanilla Doom 1 and 2 can be considered as crowd control, but Plutonia and TNT are really twitch. And regarding Quake, it has it's moments where you have to do some crowd control, but there are also really fast enemies you have to actively jump and strafe around to avoid.

ROland who? Dumbass.

Tbh, I didn't really understand what crowd control means. But yeah, SS has a lot of segments that make your left hand feel cramped. I thought it could be classified as crowd control due to how the game just throws as many enemies as possible to you.

Why is that a bad thing? Levels in DMC and Bayonetta are mostly big open squares too, do you see anyone shitting on those games for that reason?

Two entirely different game genres. Due to the camera angles used in Cuhrayzee games things like complex rooms, traps and such would make the game a pain to navigate and not very fun to play. If they were played from a pure third person perspective then the level design could get more interesting.

5 days faggot. The skeles will rise

Fucking >>>/out/ BDfaggot

No, (You).

False equivalence
Eat shit BDnigger

You replied to the wrong post.
It's still slow as fuck considering how long it takes for an archvile to actually hurt you and how Chaingunner traps are actually mostly about knowing how to position yourself to either take as little damage as possible after it triggers or to use them to mow down other enemy hordes. Especially in plutonia with its affinity of sending sixty skeleton niggers at you from all possible directions in a cramped space, just because it can, gotta learn how to dance before you can start crawling through those.

What an autistic game. Here's another (You), now git.

The enemy spawning and position can be very unpredictable in both those games. These are the twitch moments.

How easy would it be to make a mod where pressing a key throws out a punch, instead of having to bring up fists first? Like I have the shotgun out, I press F to throw a punch, and then the shotgun comes back up? Idk just random thoughts

Both trailblazer and Project Brutality do it, and theres MSX with Halo-style melee as well. You can just copy their code, probably.

Heeeeey, it's as if Doom/Quake's style of level design isn't an universal standard for what makes a good level in any game and that it should suit the gameplay of the respective game first and foremost. Considering that, why would Serious San be an exception to this principle?

Gant = glove in french so that probably explains the old spelling

Overused tbh. Also it's fucked-up how people become so dependent on this mod they "can't get back into the vanilla game anymore" (paraphrasing their own words here).

Pic is old wad for Doom II

They're fixed spawns every single time on each difficulty, in every level because of how the engine works, what the fuck are you talking about?
Are you seriously rating it only through blind runs? Is this a new meme?

Some maps do rely on teleporting in stuff from hidden rooms which kind of result in "random spawns", the way enemies activate can also mean you encounter them at less predictable points in some cases.

That still highly depends on how the teleport was activated by the player, which can be manipulated by movement and use of weaponry to properly take advantage of the situation because of how enemy AI works. Also, teleports can't be random spawns in TNT or Plutonia, as they din't have rand locations for teleport trigger lines due to engine limitations as well, they could only do sequential spawning on specific locations and you can test for this by just saving before triggering a teleport trap and loading it right afterwards so it triggers again.

Because it's in the exact same genre and DOOM 2 had no problem with having levels that were complex, fun to navigate and included massive amounts of enemies. Serious Sams level design is extremely lazy and uninspired as fuck.

But, user… the mod that was being talked about is a fag mod

Any of you have the moonman mod?

Check here 8agdg.wikidot.com/moonman-doom
fellow k-k-klans men.

Yes, and half the goddamn thread was giving its furry creator grief

I wonder if the furry is going to be assmad when people compare his mod unfavorably to The Adventures of Square.

Do you really want tighter levels like Doom filled with Headless Kamikazes and Kleers for Serious Sam?

moon man my greatest ally.
havent played in a while, time to go again

no I don't want that. I'd rather play the better game with better monster design.

1993.wad

Are there any gameplay mods that add tacticool shit like leaning, prone, fire rate selection, ammo switching and ironsights? I know they would be useless/pointless unless a WAD was made specifically with it in mind, I just think that would be fun to play around with.

wadsmoosh

There is Hideous Destructor which is arguably the most tacticool Doom mod out there, though it doesn't seem to have ironsights.

Lad, is is gay if you say "no homo" afterwards?

needs some proper irons/optics. OFP shows you can have really good 2D irons, transparency use even makes it more realistic than 3d.

Hideous Destructor tries to assume you're already aiming down sights for every moment you're idle with your crosshairs. There's also usage of optics once you presss the Zoom button which is now changed to let you view both iron sights and scope sights right above them.

Also you're comparing a models/megatextures/polygons engine with a 2D sprites game.

look again, that's a screen sized flat texture. like i said OFP had great 2d irons. it's hard to do a peep sight correctly in 3d.
best implementation of scopes in a game to date was also 2d, best eyeboxing and movement.

Why does this shit get a Cacoward?

There's always one Cacoward that's more an interesting side show than anything.

Oh.

I NEED MORE GUTS

It's the wad that Graf sperged over because GZDoom is visually incompatible with it.

Ah, so there has been another exodus. Do consider going back.

so what caused it this time? have to be pretty slowdowns to hang around 4chan that long.

cuck/vr/ wasn't hit as hard by the hotpocketeers as Holla Forums did during the whole GG debacle, so they just ignored things and kept wallowing in shit until their doom thread finally drowned in reddit-tier shitposting.

What other sort of shitposting can there be in Doom threads besides BD related? I can't imagine them being particularly creative.

Most likely shitposting about how the entire Doom community is pozzed because of the state of Doomworld or something.

Psst… I've got something for you. That stuff is not really supposed to be out now, but here it is.
dropbox.com/s/s4ouc8ftig8geca/joymaps5-intbeta2.pk3?dl=1
There's possibly more to come. And no, I'm not the one who started JoM. I'm just someone who has nothing to do.

I'm gonna run this unexplained WAD with High Noon Drifter, Brutal Doom, and Lilith. What's the worst that could happen?

It's a prerecorded demo, you fucking mongoloid.

Nothing, really. But maps in there are WIP. So things can and will change. Bugs are to be expected. After all, that build is basically closed beta test. It doesn't even have all the maps in there. There's at least one map missing, because it needs extra touch ups, like adding monsters or something like that.

I'm finding it runs unusually slow on my Chromebook, not sure if that's just me using the latest GZDoom though.

It's certainly GZDoom itself being slow. You can try bumping down the res and toggling off various extra effects like bloom or ambient occlusion. I know that virtual res option should be able to provide some speedup too.

Will do, will probably wait for the proper release of Winter Weekend, just in case.

Here is your problem.

You should commission some artist to redraw the entire original spriteset in HD, with the same exact style. I know I would, if I cared about Doom.

I'm not even a doomfag, and I remember the takeover when spergs wouldn't shut up about tone policing about niggers.

what a faggot passive aggressive request.
i'm not paying money to make doom look like indieshit. also they already exist, so you're doubly retarded.

that looks fucking awful dude

I think that's the point

See

I mean something that doesn't look like dogshit

Also holy shit the shotgunner on the left is using the same mouth as that one Todd Howard image.

Oh wow.

Dammit, user.

So since gzdoom is a piece of shit because of bad coding, what else is there since zdoom has been discontinued?

Older less broken versions of GZDoom.

Hey guys, are there any good wads with a more light-hearted style? I want more colorful environments with the same gameplay of DOOM. I know about Golden Souls, The Woolball series as well as The Adventures of Square already.

What about ZDoom32? The author seems to give a fuck about older PC.

QZDoom is still a thing and it's basically just zdoom with truecolour instead of palette limitations.

Why do newer version of GZDoom and Zandorum run like shit on my PC? An old version of GZdoom runs without frame drops whatsoever, but the newer ones dip into sub 20 everytime theres too much blood.

On a related note, why is this shit not working?
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-patch
What button should I press to get into the extended menu?

Geeh whiz I wonder why.

Didn't read the whole thing; OpenGL is already deprecated as a whole and not going to be updated. On top of being shitty state machine with tons of limitations that's a hassle to work with, it's FUCKING SLOW. Vulkan is the way to go if you're crossfag, DX12 if you're microfag and Metal if you're macfag.

I don't get a grip on it. What with Vulkan and OpenGL? They can't make separate video modes, like one is software rendering, another OpenGL and for last Vulkan? What is even going there!?

My best guess is, Graf would probably rip out the OpenGL and only support Vulkan render from now on till he can afford it buying one tbh. His excuses for that is always that he can't do much because of time constraint when it comes to anything Graphics related.

And what is even the point of having a Vulkan only render besides the software one for GZDoom? Graf recent graphic addition is a shitty broken shadow maps, bloom and useless pixel processing shader, that's it. He still hasn't fixed the dynamic lightning bleeding issue that exist for a decade by now. If I recall it correctly GZDoom once supported OpenGL 1.0, dropped it and later supported GL 2.0 dropped it again and the minimum is now OGL 3.0. Yes enjoy having a Vulkan render with broken dynamic lightning, and the only lightning types available is a point light.
GZDoom doesn't support those types at all.

And now some comparison with Doomsday and GZDoom:
>manual.dengine.net/assets/model?s[]=material
>manual.dengine.net/modding/supported_3d_model_formats?s[]=fbx

And now for GZDoom modeldef:
zdoom.org/wiki/Model_format
When it comes to graphical only stuff then it is clearly Doomsday wins there by a landslide, and even supports native blender model format. GZDoom still has the edge on modding but only also because ZDoom supported a lot of modding stuff early on such as Decorate and ACS support.

In addition to GZDoom often times implements things in a half baked state. Audio has been broken since the GPL release, and the two autistic fucks that went spastic for it (Graf and Chris) have done nothing but let the bug report pile up. Chris hasn't fixed an audio bug in over 6 months. So glad they ripped Randi's sound code out. Just use an old version of GZDoom. If devs complain, bitch at them for taking half a year to work on the most basic of bugs.

Because the Doom community is fucking retarded.

Thread

Graf, get the fuck out of here and drop GZDoom.

Fuck, I remember the early days of Doom 4 being announced and anons hoping it would be good.
Instead we got a shitty Halo game.

I find many of the mods including newest iteration of Brutal Doom to be incompatible with old gzDoom.

It was good imo, and no matter if you like it or not, it's nothing like Halo. The enemies are bullet sponge, but that's what glory kill is for. The only downsides are the shitty collectibles and the engine can't display more than a dozen enemies on screen. Hopefully the sequel will be closer to the classics. Brutal Doom is still more fun due to the non bullet sponge enemies, enemy count, and all, but nuDoom wasn't a bad game either.

So I've been wondering, is this rachael faggot a tranny? Because I'm sure as hell getting those kinds of vibes from his posts. On a more related note, give me a good Hexen mapset.

Progress on my attempt at a STALKER map. The original idea was just to make Rostok into a DM map, but if I can handle recreating the entire Zone I guess I'd have to make something for singleplayer. yes, those shitty "temporary"™ sprites are just cut out of SoC screenshots

Wow, that's really awesome my dude! So, how many guns are you planning to add and how far are along are you in terms of completion?

Also, how hard is it to make the sprites and mod the WADS in general? Is it easy to learn?

Making maps for Doom should be easy.
Doom Builder 2 and it's variants, followed by Slade 3 and Eureka.
If you want to take advances of ZDoom mapping capabilities then Doom Builder 2 should be good, else Slade 3 or Eureka is sufficient.

It depends, ZDoom has Decorate, ACS and ZScripting. ACS and ZScript are trickier to
work with and requires more knowledge, Decorate is the simplest and is sufficient for a lot of things, as long you don't need special features. There is also Dehacked which doom itself indirectly supports but modding wise you cannot do much like adding new actors.

Either you draw them by hand which can look good if done well, but that requires a lot of time and drawing knowledge. Or you learn a 3D program such as Blender, 3DS Max and what else and make models, then you can render the sprites. Blender and 3DS Max have a steep learning curve and if you want really good looking models then you need to look into High-Poly modelling and Sculpting. If you don't mind Graf Zahls fuckery much you could use GZDoom or ZDoom 32 to use 3D models directly instead of rendering them, but it has to be low-polyish.

Generally ZDoom is pretty easy to work with, it might be a bit rough on the edges but it is good enough that it still has a relative strong going modding community.

Thanks for the tips.

Funny, that's what I've been thinking as well.

Stalker is a boring walking simulator, who cares.

Nigger I can tell you now. This will get big so don't fuck up.

What about GZDoom Builder?

Well it is obviously a variant of Doom Builder 2, it will just work as well. Actually you should use the bugfix version instead, since GZDoom Builder is discontinued nobody works on it anymore. Hence the bugfix fork version exist.

No problem.

This is everything I know about Rachael.

Rachael was previously Euranna, and before that Soul Priestess. Everywhere she goes, Drama follows her and she usually opens up a payment option for her "illness". She claims she can't get the money herself and gives the name of a "male friend" who will forward her the money. I forget exactly what she said, but she said this back during her Skulltag days. It's possible it's a dude, it's possibly it's a tranny. What's certain is, expect her to start begging for money someday soon.

The only other information ever released was by various Skulltag Server hosts that said her IP was from Littleton Colorado. She also said last year she was in Highschool when Shadow Warrior (The original in 1997) came out and used to make maps for it.

So first one of those 3DGE developer is a tranny and that new QZDoom dev is a tranny too? God damn, what the fuck is so special about those things that attracts faggots like these?

ReMooD's Ex developer is too: archive.fo/NRuPW

RestlessRodent used to be GhostlyDeath, a hyper autist no one likes.

Get out of here, stalker.

I'm not sure, I'm going to start with just making a map as big and accurate as I can.

I only have what I posted, so not very.

Yes, you can do a lot without even doing any scripting.

i know, i'll try

So let me note this: Graf Zahl, Rachael, RestlessRodent/GhostlyDeath, Coraline and Chris. Which are either a tranny or incompetent coders. This is no longer flavortown.

I hope your mod will have similar feeling as Shadow of Chernobyl does, lore/atmospheric wise the first game was the best one. Good modding Stalker.

Welp, come to load the Call of Duty mod again. I hear there's a new version in the works that adds the guns from Black Ops.

Basically yes that explains them + Major Cooke and Gez have huge personal issues. I think the only three people who have any clue what they're doing are _mental_, dpjudas, and Blzut3 (albeit, not his old code). Outside of ZDoom, Torr Samaho is a great last time I checked on Zan.

Major Cuck is just as incompetent as Groofy Zahl and just as fucked up as Princess Viscera Maelstorm. Gez's autism is so thick you can feel it through the internet. He takes everything literal.

i haven't even finished playing the other ones yet i'm on clear sky now and it just feels low energy
So far my reference is just running SoC on another monitor and just walking around. i even took those textures from screenshots because I didn't know how to edit the stalker textures yet It would be a lot easier if I could load the original maps in the xray level editor (I could even overlay it on my screen and trace the outlines of the buildings) but apparently you need to decompile them and still I haven't found out how to do that.

Post winter / arctic / seasonal / whatever wad recommendations.

Russian community projects. Maps range in quality from 'pretty good' to 'literal myhouse.wad'. Too eclectic to really comment on as a whole.

Custom monsters. Zdoom scripting and particle effects out the ass. COD-tier retarded plot involving smoke monsters or some shit. Still fun.

Rather Build-esque, I.E., realistic real world locations, lots of single-use detail textures, and sector-built furniture everywhere. A bit resource-starved and heavy on hitscanners. Recommend playing with carryover rather than pistol start.

Arctic Techbase. Haven't actually gotten around to playing this one yet.

All I wanted was a remake of the Sega game so it would look good, this is like looking at an HD "Remake" of a game now a days.

I fixed your image :^)

Oh wait lemme fix it even more :^)

"Plateau of Leng" Chapter from Strange Aeons I guess.

I knew what this was and still clicked it.

Why they all are so tiny?

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

But how do we deal with the existential dread of knowing that we can never truly enjoy every Doom wad that catches our interest in full knowing that we will one day die?

I LIVE… AGAIN.

Nice.

inmost-dens.tumblr.com/post/168644024204/link-httpsforumzdoomorgviewtopicphpf-1t-5

How convenient?

Thanks Graf.
Geeh whiz I wonder what it could be.

ITS THE CURRENT YEAR, FUCK YOU THATS WHY
~Graf

Graf himself didn't write the tumblr post.

Wonder what the specific error was anyway.

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=58775

ConsoleCommand nonsense.

And if isn't Graf's terrible OpenGL giving you problems, it's Chris' terrible OpenAL, a person who only fixes audio bugs once every 2 years or so.

(checked)
Apart from the Dynamic Lights being shit I haven't experienced much any other OpenGL related bug or at least I can't remember it. My GPU supports OpenGL 4.0 something which is a bit old by today's standard, still it fucking pisses me off how he never implements any useful features when he is going to enforce a higher version. Let alone of all the various performance issuse from other users reports. Man he worked on his shit for 12 fucking years yet he couldn't be bothered picking up a OpenGL book? Ridiculous.

Does it also include where sounds gets cancelled immediately despite I set the sound channels to 128? It is annoying having to work like that. Also it would explain why Zandro audio would get messed up all the time back then when I had ((PulseAudio)) installed, at least ALSA fixed this shit.
Might as well not do any shit there then.

Incredible.

I just scaled them to roughly the height of the default doomguy sprite so I could move on to the DECORATE file and improve them later. 6 pixels goes a long way at this resolution.

Does Zandro use OpenAL on Linux? I know Zandro is based on 2.7.1 and that was before the OpenAL merge, and even after the merge FMOD was still the default. It might just be a PulseAudio thing, it is potteringsoft after all.

Basically that's what he does. Shows up, does some work, disappears for a year or two, comes back and does huge amount of shit, then when bug reports roll in he goes MIA. I've watched it happen slowly over the past 8-9 years. He'll do work randomly from about March-May, and then not fix one single audio related problem for a whole year, sometimes two. This time though he just shit posts in Off-Topic.

There's people who have literally no audio in GZDoom right now and have to use an old version just to play.

I dunno the output on mine is set to ALSA, when I change the output type it always initializes the FMOD so I guess it uses that instead of OpenAL.
Jesus dude this is not normal. One might think with Doom being so fucking old the players/coders etc tend to be more "conservative" i.e regular folks who are interested in this game and would like to work on their source ports. But nope gotta have autist like Graf, Chris and more constantly shitting it up.

Did the (((developers))) responded to them at all?

Man with all the shit I keep reading about GZDoom makes me wish I have picked up a scripting/programming language so I can use a proper 3D game engine instead. But noo I have instead a project that relies on OpenGL for muh models, just fuck my source port up fam

>Did the (((developers))) responded to them at all?
Chris asked for more information, then stopped responding. Others just gave up and stopped responding, or never came back to the topic. One user replied to the topic venting their frustration that they were sure glad they reported the bug so that Chris could ignore it, but Rachael decided it might hurt Chris's feelings and split it to the Hall of Unpleasantness.

I don't know if it's still a bug, but OGGs don't loop in OpenAL last time I tried. Worked fine with FMOD.

FUCK

So they also locked the thread about the complaints?

I'm surprised you even have to ask. ZDoom's forums are fucking cancer.

Oggs loop if they get to the end of the song, but they ignore LOOP_START and LOOP_END, I forget which. If you are not using those, you are fine.

She split the post sorry: forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45708&p=1024397 The guy is understandably upset.

Those mods really are a bunch of faggots, holy shit. I never made a account there because I dunno never saw the point of it.

Man fuck Zdooms forums, I have a batch of "most recomended mods" throughout the years and there is a read me of some cunt mouthing off about community whatever and put some obnoxious fucking explanation text in every single fucking wad folder.

They're a prime example of what happens when you let a bunch of total losers and lefties run a forum site. You can tell these people work dead end jobs and have serious cases of unwarranted self-importance just by how they take any and all opportunities to exercise power over posters that they're supposed to be moderating discussion for. I make some mods myself, but I never post that shit on ZDF because I don't want to deal with their constant faggotry. Honestly anyone who's a big name in the "Doom Community" is usually a giant piece of shit, there are very few exceptions. Considering that most of them also post on ZDF, it's no surprise it's a dumpster fire.

GZDoom needs to die and have a new child port rise in its place, just to shed the garbage community surrounding it right now.

Essel is also a tranny btw, Michael Mancuso is now "Sarah" Mancuso

I have never heard of those fags, are they doing any coding work or something?

He's the guy who made BTSX. Also for the dramawhores here's some old shit involving him and Rachel.
doomworld.com/profile/137-esselfortium/?status=900925&type=status
Turns out the Doominati has been a real thing for a long time

oh kurwa, the BTSX map looks pretty neat.

Welp, Doom Exodus when?

I literally watched this happen on the ZDoom discord. Some BR furry joined and within a month had some pseudo-dev status despite doing exactly jack shit of any real consequence. The people at the top of these sites are a very tight in-group and if you're not in with them you're not gonna get anywhere. On the other hand if you are you're going places regardless.

Shit, even cuckchan's /vr/ is like that, except it's the guys who used to run the old IRC that seem to shill each other's shit.

HUEHUEHEUEHUE GIBS ME DEV STATUS OR I REPORT U

This is not a good feeling

Are there any good Christmas DM maps?

Don't worry dubsman, esselfortium is more like a project leader rather than a sole creator of BTSX.

Essel has still made a fuckton of maps for a lot of projects and most of them have been good so, tranny or not, he earned his glory.

Thing is, they bitch when people make "useless bumps" about a project, but they don't make the reuploads topic visible. Also, I have never seen another forum with a projects forum where admins and mods get pissy because someone asked a legitimate question about a mod.

The community won't ever go I'm afraid, they'll just make the discussion about the new child port that becomes the defacto standard. Of course, said developer could just ignore them.

FUCK! I found the post. I thought Essel was sort of an okay person, and those comments are so fucking cancerous. Seems to be a trend in progressive communities.

Doomworld has been the Doominati for a long time. If you post something on another site and they find out it was you, they will force you to apologize on the site containing the offending message else your banned from DW. Carnevil used to get fucked over by them on a regular basis and eventually cut ties with DW and moved Skulltag to its own home. Carnevil though was really bad at picking staff and allowed a new Domminati take over eventually even robbing him of Skulltag.com by none other than Rachael.

Isn't that what this thread basically is?

zmas2k5 is pretty solid.

You know those groups of people that intellectually masturbate to each others comments? They're like that, but it's who can be the most progressive.

I really miss the days when politics was kept out of games/doom and where going on about being a woman/trans/furry was considered unacceptable and you were allowed to ridicule them.

Wolfen is pretty good.

Yeah I meant along the lines of those people over at ((Doom Forums)) who are fed up with all those bullshit going on as you and other anons described it, so that they decided to make their own place instead free of WildGreasel and co faggotry. Well one man can hope I guess.

Purely theoretically you could have a massively fast hardware renderer that wouldn't even start to chug until you threw some really ridiculous shit at it or even a compute shader based SW renderer that could offload the CPU for very low power system
But neither of those things are necessary and both require being competent to make.

What did WW do? I only check forums for wad updates and never bothered to check any thread that didn't have a download link for something I wanted

Being a hypocrite. If my memory serves right he banned a goy because he criticized the work of somebody else whose other details I forget. And then some few post later WildGreasel nagged some other poster over some stuff, which of course he is allowed to do that because hotpockets are never held accountable for their action.

Sounds like this happened a long time ago. I don't visit forums that much nowadays anyway. And even if I visit them, I visit them for mods or levels.

Oh I know, I'm making fun of a few people who come here and to cuckchan's /vr/ and always insist that the entire community is fair to everyone and there's no collusion whatsoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=JB_omHQwYh8
Yeah, I know. It's one of the reasons I got out of those communities years and years ago. Anything run by leftists or the kind of mentally damaged people who behave like them turns into the same shit. I'm convinced that the vast majority of these people are still mad that they weren't popular in high school, and therefore emulate the popular cliques that they were never allowed into to take revenge on other people.

In addition to what said, he has a general track record of banning people over their "tone" but letting other people who he knows personally infringe on that same "tone" to a far greater degree. Overall he's just a really shitty moderator without a drop of objectivity.

Well shit, kinda feel like throwing out the baby with the bathwater on this one.

Honestly if you want to learn to make weapons for ZDoom just tear apart BURL TUMD or something. WW's gunlabs blogpost is alright but a bit outdated.

>People to this day still posting my favorite thing that came from ED
Noice

Hows Strange Aeons?
System Shock 2 music makes me want to try it and I love the atmosphere, but hows the gameplay?

Oh yeah certainly, it's over a year old at this point and all.

I can't find it anywhere for some reason. Got a link?

Seems that it isn't as common anymore. Anyways here you go: oblacek.sh.cvut.cz/bin/zmas2k5_final.zip

Thanks. Also while we're requesting stuff, I can't find BURL TUMD. Although, looking at Youtube videos of it, it doesn't look impressive when compared to the likes of Final Doomer.

More like bad game thread

Thanks, fam. I'm working on a little something of my own to host too.

It's an older mod but it's really simple internally so it's good to learn the basics from.

mega.nz/#!fpt2DbzL!V81u-LrmpbiGndzAhyBk54-qg2nsdnHOILWBNtKY_60

Ah, well that would be useful in that regard. Thanks.

Cuckchan's /vr/ became part of the Doominati sometime in the last few years. Not sure if ZDoom ever did, I don't keep up with /vr/.

It's true. These kind of people get power in their hobbyist communities and quickly start using it as a political soapbox. It's like they stopped maturing at highschool and never got over it. I honestly don't care what the believe in, I just want to have fun, which was how things used to be.

He lets anyone in the super secret club group (plunder something) on ZDoom get a free pass, and always rushes to the aid of any women/FTMs in topics.

Oh and on top of that, Final Doomer is a goddamn modding warcrime inside, a fact that Yholl fully agrees with, so don't go digging in there until you learn what you're doing.

Oh, wouldn't dream of it until I'm able to implement multiple weapon sets in the same WAD.

Randy Heit and the author of ReMooD and Chocorenderlimits are also trannies, does becoming involved on Doom source-ports/big projects do something to your hormones or what?

DoomRL is way, way worse from what I've heard from Yholl.

This man has taste.

faggot

Does "burl_zan_tumd_v7ish.pk3" sound correct? There's several.

When you say host, do you mean that you are going to host zmas2k5?

That's not even hard at all. What's hard is being near totally ACS-illiterate (like Yholl) and doing some of the more complicated things he did in FD. Anybody with a bit of basic modding knowledge could throw together the code for those weapons in a few days if they used ACS a bit, but the way some of the actual implementation works because it's all decorate is just horrendous to look at.

I dunno man, I think at some point it just became the designated hangout for social outcasts.

Oh you bet your ass it is. I compulsively take apart mods to learn how they work and DoomRL is like reading chinese script written by someone with Parkinson's.

The one I posted is the latest, that one's old. But yes, that is it.

I'm not even a coder and this makes me really mad for some reason. I want to scream like a revenant at sight of this.

To be fair the label for that state is something like THECRIMEZONEPLSNOLOOK

I'm going to gather up a bunch of christmas stuff and host it for anyone that's around on Christmas day after the JKA gamenight.

Sounds like fun. Guess it's time to reinstall Zandronum I suppose.

About the same time IMX and ijon left and a certain (((popular modder))) was left in charge of the IRC.
It's Plunderbund, same as the discord role. The death knell for any community is sooper seekrit klubs IMO.

Rad. Looking forward to it.
The last Zandro game night was really, really fun.

Cuckchan get out, if you're not even going to read all the sources proving how fucked the community is you don't deserve to be here.

Who the hell are you referring to? Most of the thread seem to agree that the Zdoom and Skulltag community are terminal and the Doomworld community is only in a slightly better state.

Sources? What sources?

Cuckchan is throwing a fit over us daring to talk about shit their jannies nuke instantly.

Read the thread or get out.

Well I read it. Don't really engage with the Doom community aside from personally following Kinsie, Terminus and the Wantopus Woman. What else are we supposed to do? Actively destroy them?

Tell them to take their shit elsewhere. They're basically Doomworld at this point, just with less usernames and more shitposting.

So, let me get this right. You're complaining that a bunch of cuckchanners lurk here and then go back to whine at /vr/? How the fuck are we supposed to prevent that?

No, I told them to get the fuck out.

Nah, (you) get out.

Yo, MoM user here. I took the criticism in regards to some of the visuals and made some tweaks, such as the desert being too bright. In addition to this (which is not feature in this are) I added subtle dark fog in many of the maps to stimulate depth, due to the complaint of the areas looking full bright.

Also, the more I hear about the Doom community, it makes me a tad worried. I have not interacted with it much despite working on this project, but it seems like I should be a little cautious?

That looks interesting, but why are the pyramids in the background full bright?

That looks pretty damn cool honestly. I'd like to see it in motion.
Just realize that they're the same forumite cancer that you get pretty much everywhere that isn't a chan.

Well, that's not going to achieve anything. Why aren't you laughing at the salt we're generating and posting funny screencaps instead?

The best way is to undermine them. Find alternate places to discuss and organize things. Zdoom forums are doing a swell job chasing away their users.
Hell, the Doom generals could be come /agdg/'ish places for wad and mod development. Imagine the salt if we managed to cobble together an 8ch community megawad. Especially if it wasn't half-bad.

They is two reasons why; I love how modern day Egypt looks at night with the light reflecting against it, and I just think it looks cool just in general. I could probably add some shadows to the side of the pyramids

I should probably point out, despite the fact this can sound a bit of a cop out is that I sort of want to avoid sector based shadows too much. I want to try the Might and Magic 8/Lands of Lore 3 approach where its more so texture and fog focused. It just sort of looks weird when the player characters dont have dynamic shadows Well, in the case of my project, all non 3D characters just have a circle but the environment stimulates it. Its a shame applying alpha to shadows like the ones my characters use just causes a visual mess.

That megawad is a pretty good idea Satan. We'd just need to be able to organize it.

I'd be up for this. It's already been shown that TrumpDoom and Moonman doom can get them salty, but we could even beat them with a serious megawad.

Oh okay, looking forward to seeing it progress.
Also about your previous question
Depends on the people you interact with and who your mod is for.

I was actually thinking of something like that today, Like one of those threads where people take a section of box art and redraw it. Was thinking of asking for an original 64x64 or 128x128 texture from random anons, after presenting the basic outline for a map, and then applying whatever textures they came up with.

The only Zdoom person I talk to is Keagan and Terminus, and they are cool dudes. Terminus is the reason I am as far as I am with this Engine, since he was the one who showed me the ropes. In regards to who the mod is for, that's actually an odd question. I am not actually trying to replicate a doom experience with this mod, as, I have mentioned ever since I started this, this mod is basically System Shock 2: Fantasy and Quicker Gun Play Edition I guess that would technically make it Lands of Lore 3; Gun Edition

You could probably do that easily considering myself and a few other Doom modders browse AGDG here. I wouldn't participate in it myself though, since I can't pull myself from the project

Yes, Satan. That's an excellent idea! Half/vr/ did community megawad thingie a couple of times. Apparently it all turned out really good.

I want to see Holla Forums try making these

Could be fun.

Enjoy it while it lasts, if you do even a single thing he doesn't like you'll be on a shit list forever. Just look at what happened to Blox. Makes practically 60% of term's little indie game for that competition and all Term does is talk shit about him. Same with Scroton too, god forbid he was a bit of a weirdo and now every time Term talks about him it's nothing but negatives. I could go on but there's no point

Please, go on. This sounds somewhat interesting.

Are you Blox or Scroton?

It's exactly what it sounds like, the guy's a goon. He's got a history of alienating people and also has a tendency to barely even make half of the mods he releases. In addition, while on #vr I watched him witch-hunt quite a few people and have seen him be a dick to many more on the forums. He's the kind of guy who's insanely concerned with his reputation and not much else, hence why he's always bandwagoning late when you see him make posts about anything remotely controversial.

I can be either for u bby

Heh, was just curious.

If only you could actually back up your words with screencaps… You(or perhaps someone else) did back the "visiting SA" part some threads ago. I was on #vr and I really cannot recall the witch-hunt part. I do recall Mystical dropping Doom and just disappearing from the channel. I believe Marrub did the same too and disappeared, along with his bots. He did come back later when first version of Lithium got released.

Do you know why ijon stopped working with him? I remember some drama surrounding that but it's been a few years so I don't remember the specifics. However
This is hilariously accurate for his older stuff. He's historically been more of an idea guy, even today. He only really started to learn how to do the complex stuff himself around Demonsteele.

I still talk with Scroton to this day, so…uh…try again?

ijon got bored of Doom, that's it. Now he's playing Payday 2, though he's been prodding back at Doom recently.
And yeah, it's true. DemonSteele was the big learning point for me, everything else before then was referenced a lot from other people's work.

He's got a video up about NiY on his channel where he doesn't even mention Blox at all except to talk shit a few times even though Blox did the majority of Sprite work on the game. Also if you check up Scroton's Zandro post history you can find Term randomly being a prick to him. As for the rest you might have to fish it out yourself, I don't tend to save drama, I just remember it (poorly).

I think ijon had a meltdown over not getting enough credit for cyberrunner but I'm almost straight up asspulling that due to my lack of memory of the exact specifics. Iirc in on also had a lot of terrible IRL shit going on too so that may have been a factor. Term's never been the best at making sure people know who did what in his mods. Even today, tons of HND wasn't made by him, but try finding that out.

That was me actually, but with other people to help admin. I'll have that music stream set up again too.

Can you point out what I've missed? I'd be happy to update the credits file, if needed.
Please, feel free to be as in-depth as you'd like.

Cool. The music stream was the best part of it.

It's not about a credits file and you know it. You just use that as an excuse to ride to success on the backs of other people's work then leave them in the dust. I'm not surprised you showed up here to defend yourself with how obsessed you are with the idea of your fame. You know what's funny? I used to actually look up to you too, until I met you and saw the way you treat people. You keep those useful close to you and chuck them once they don't provide what you need to validate your ego. Fuck off back to halfchan, maybe a few more of your groupies will suck you off there.

Can I just point out I had no involvement what so ever with any of this and this is kinda awkward after posting some progress

Post some webms if you've got 'em. Your project looks pretty neato.

I'm sorry, user, I don't understand.
You say I'm not the best at letting people know who did what, but when I offer to let you point things out what I've missed, you say that's not what it's about.
You say I throw away people who aren't useful to me, but out of the examples you've given, I still talk to and have fun with most of them. We bants back and forth with each other and yell shit at each other.
It's all right if you don't like me, user, but at least do so for actual reasons rather than making things up. hit the nail on the head, but I've been trying to make up for it lately by doing more things myself.

Or just call me a faggot and be done with it. That'll save a lot of time.

Oh, I don't have anything yet; I may post some progress tomorrow in regards to the village map I been working on, but I been too focused on finishing the demo to make too many vids.

I just worry a bit since I don't want to generate too much negative discussion in regards to certain people when people see that my project is a ZDoom one.

There's going to be negative discussion no matter what. Some people are gonna love things, some people are gonna hate things, some people are going to be more interested in behind-the-scenes stuff, it can't be helped.
You've just gotta make the best game you can. You told me the demo was almost done, right? You still aiming for shortly after 2018 or was that pushed back a bit?

Fuck off with your condescending bullshit. I'm not going to sit here and be talked down to by a guy who got famous for Doom modding before he could even write ACS scripts about how I'm wrong about his crediting policy. Your high-and-mighty attitude won't carry you in a place where your fame counts for nothing. You're just as bad as the rest of the ZDoom and Skulltag shitbags only you were the first one to post on /vr/ so they all suck you off like you shoot gold out of your cock.
Yeah fucking right, the only ones you're friends with are the ones who are also in your super secret club of Doom modders who do free shit for you in your projects. All the rest (myself fucking included by the way) get treated like peasant trash. Fuck you. And no I'm not identifying myself.

The Demo should be out by Febuary the Latest. I wanted to finish it by christmas, but I can't guarantee it. I Got one more map to finish, then I gotta touch up and play test it all. it is soon though!

Only one more map? Damn, you're further than me, then, I've been stuck on mapping for quite some time.
Either way, cool, looking forward to it.

Boy for someone who has this massive of a chip on their shoulder and talks shit this fierce, you sure are a coward. I bet you don't even have the stones to try to sort this out personally with Term and anyone else that you have beef with.
Nah, you'll just sulk here, spouting shit on your little soapbox in impotent rage.

You're a disgrace. I hate people like you.

Weak bait fanboi. I'm sure Term can fight his own battles and doesn't need underageb& dipshits like yourself talking shit and making his oh so precious image tarnished. And if this is term phone posting, the projection is hilarious.

I ain't a fanboi, I think Term can be a fucking idiot sometimes, in fact I dislike how he's left shit half finished at times. But I've told him that.

Maybe you should do the same rather than just being an anonymous memer.

Could have fooled me. You do realize I did tell him all of this years ago and that's why what happened between us happened right? He didn't want to hear criticism then and he still doesn't now, unless you're one of his little Doominati Discord buddies.

Stop defending someone that you probably don't even know. Fanboy.

I've known him for four years. I've yelled at him a lot, and called him a lot of names, he pisses me off, but at the end of the day we've also sat down and talked shit out and sorted shit for the better.
Again, maybe you should try just talking with the guy rather than jumping down his throat.

Can't, doesn't work. Every time I tried he just gave me the cold shoulder or gave me some politer equivalent of "fuck off". Eventually I stopped trying, and at this point my only goal is to make sure everyone knows what a cliquey piece of shit he is.

Then I'm sorry it's gotten to that level, and I'm sorry you've given up. Maybe I'm just more stubborn.
and for what it's worth, I'm sorry to have spoken that harshly to you too, I don't know who you are, but try not to hold those negative feelings so tight, that shit will seep into every other aspect of your life if you let it.

The fact that you'd even apologize when I came out swinging this hard proves you're probably not an asshole. When Term finally backstabs you, I'll genuinely feel bad. Until then I hope your stuff goes well, I'm pretty sure I know who I'm talking to right now and I'm excited for when you finally release that thing.

LOL

Is this loss?

Now that's a little bundle of autism

Where do you post then?

On that note where do people that hate ZDoom forums post their ZDoom/GZDoom projects?

Either on the local /agdg/ thread, at /vm/ or /agdg/ board depending if its gonna be its own game or not. And this: 8agdg.wikidot.com/

You are going to be fine if you keep to project and project-related threads, and do not pursue anydrama specifically, just like in any dedicated forums.
Don't let local faggotry dissuade you from publishing your work on the sites you want to.

Anyway - I'd suggest adding a few projector-like props around the pyramids to justify the bright looks.

Drifting away into less popular places is not going to undermine anyone but yourself, it just means that whatever you are doing is going to have tremendously less exposure to people who otherwise might be interestedin it. Remember - 90% of those who visit Doom sites are lurkers who are there only for the content and they don't care about any kind of underlying drama at all.

That skybox looks quite bad. Better to define them in GLDEFS or use an actual off-map room with a skybox viewpoint in the exact center. There are some properly projected skybox textures on OpenGameArt.org if you need that

I have accounts on those sites but mainly just lurk. I'm more active on half/fullchan. I post my projects occasionally on one or the other.

Better be Christmas stuff.

is correct.
It's best to keep to project and project-related threads, don't drift into the off-topic sections.

Aren't Doom threads project related?

ZDF's Kate Fox is dead, in case anyone was wondering.
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58800

L M A O

Sad, DoomRPG was good.

I believe that was primarily Kyle87whatever making that.

Right right.

You can always count on this place to keep things classy.

Can't imagine why half's /vr/ is under the impression we're a rancid shithole.

Cry moar for the attention whore dubsman. Also sage isn't a downvote.

Who cares what they think, this is Holla Forums not a fucking highschool
Besides shitting on suicided trannies is also an halfchan tradition see, Rachel Bryk

It's a rancid shithole to speak the truth? Kate obviously had some sort of psychological problem, and the retards on ZDoom forums (Especially his close friends Jimmy and BouncyTEM) decided instead of telling Kate to seek real psychiatric help, to enable the guy.

Guess that makes us all horrible people for suggesting that people actually get the help they actually need.

Talking it up like it's a suicide attempt and then saying their projects are all shit is in pretty bad taste for someone who just died in a fire though.

Not going to lie, it sure sounds like one, and trans people are more likely to do crazy things like this. If it walks like a duck. . .

What's wrong with having an opinion on someone's project? Dying doesn't mean you are automatically protected from people saying what you did wasn't their cup of tea. You're being over emotional.

It's not even being over emotional. It's common sense and common courtesy.
I mean you wouldn't go to someone's funeral and talk shit about the recently deceased would you?

This isn't a funeral.

It's still shit talking a dead person. The original point that other dude was bringing up was people thinking this place is a shithole, and I'd say shit talking about someone who just died is in pretty bad taste, regardless of their own problems.
But I know you're pretty set in your ways, so I'm dropping this.

Of course you are.

You cannot make this shit up.

That guy wanted to fuck her so badly and it shows. I never liked Kate using dropbox so she can suck my ghost dick in hell.

Or in other words trannies duping thisty beta males into giving them attention and putting them on a pedestal. Sad.

This is funny on so many levels. The voice joke, helium suicide jokes, the general cringiness of the whole thing, the virtue signalling, everything. You really cannot make this shit up, as you said.

Is that what the helium thing is, a suicide joke?

I think it was originally a joke about Kate's voice, as shown here youtube.com/watch?v=ToxCauCn9Sc, however plenty of people use helium "exit bags" to die painlessly.

He sounds like he's doing a Mickey Mouse impersonation, and nervously laughing like a mental patient while killing those chickens. I'm genuinely terrified.