Huge power increases

What are some games that have some really large differences between your power level at the start and near the end? Could be any genre.

I played Master of Orion 2 recently and the difference in capability of the ships from the beginning to the end game is just absolutely enormous.

I also SP games where you fight previously tough early game bosses much later on and they're trivially easy to the point of being trash mobs.

Gothic and Savant Ascent

Dragons Dogma.
Mount and Blade.
Deus Ex.

Legend of Legaia. There's a tournament later on where you can fight all the bosses again solo.

EYE. Compare your standard FPS protagonist at the start and a 10 cyberlegs/100 psi build.

Most MMOs.

Skyrim

Every SMT, even persona, since even normal enemies eventually include deities of all sorts.

Baldur's Gate

Elex, Gothic 2 and 1

Luka stronk

Magic classes in Infinite Engine games. At the beginning you can barely cast a single Magic Missile and at the end you're Death, destroyer of worlds.

You being shit doesn't mean the low level casters are shit.

For something not often mentioned - Tale of Wuxia. You start as a fag that doesn't know by which end to hold a sword and end up a multidimensional god slayer/drunken dragon master/meme

magic missile was just an example you dumb nigger. I could have put any other lvl 1 spell and you would have found something to whine about

But I agree 100%, it was an example of you being a dumb nigger.

go be 12 somewhere else
low lvl caster are shit and a peasant with a pitchfork can kill them

There is a big different between start and finish but it's not like a 10 order of mag difference, which is kind of what I'm going for.

End game you're like level 8 with basic bitch gear….Although if you extend to Throne of Bhaal in BG2 then yes

Actually 12 is around the level cap for the original BG which is alright as far as pre epic 2(5)E goes. Hell, if you got totsc and some of the bells and whistles you could even get some 7/9 level spells at least as scrolls. That still doesn't change how you're a dumb shit that's used to muh assfaggot tier nuke-everythingXDDD spells.

You can get STR 20 and +2 +5 gear.

Holy fuck you imbecile, read my original post again.
Get it now? You dense fuck. Probably not so let me spoonfeed you.
I used magic missile as a popular example of a lvl 1 spell, but the issue is that you can cast them maybe 1 or 2 times at most.

Again, I agree 100%. You are a fucking imbecile. I mean, who else but an imbecile would waste limited spell slots on a direct damage spell when there are superior utility spells that offer instant coup de grace or simply screw with them so badly, ie fear, that you can pelt them to death with slings or whatever.

Essentially any RPG. Etrian Odyssey comes to mind because you're incredibly weak and vulnerable at the start since you have practically nothing in the way of skills. Metroidvanias are also obvious. They almost always give you some powerful gear near the end that lets you effortlessly destroy anything but the hardest enemies.

Oh god, you can't be so fucking dumb. I refuse to believe it. I spelled it out for you and it still wasn't enough.
Let me guess: you american, right?

Thank god, no. If I was I'd probably find your Thayan routine funny or at least endearing. You refusing you use your brain, picking the most obvious route and then bitching how it's weak? Priceless.

Genetos is neat.

Magic Missile is a name even your normalfag friends have heard, so it's useful to illustrate the point. The POINT being that you only cast spells at the beginning very few times, compared to the end where you have many more options that you can use many more times. Read the thread title.
If you don't understand it now then there's nothing I can do. By all means keep droning about how I supposedly play based on nothing but illiteracy. At least I'm not your teacher so I don't have to deal with this shit every day and try to work miracles.
top keke

My friend, you appear both lost and confused. The point is that while your slots remain limited, and especially in the beginning, what you choose to fill them with can and will turn battles. Especially low level battles that has shit for HP dice.

Of course, not having shit for brains and recognizing the power of say sleep or spook is a must. :^)

Any shooter game. When you start you can barely navigate the levels and it takes long time to hit anything. By the time you're almost finished with it, you can keep track of item spawn timing on each map, use every pit and bump on it to your advantage, and can perform a perfect projectile travel deflection on a target you're not even seeing yet, making an estimation based on an estimation and doing it accurately enough to land a direct hit anyway.

Any skill based game actually. Making your character stronger is a cheap and shitty way to emulate actual progression for little kids that appreciate smiting foes with ease rather than appreciate getting your every skill challenged to extreme.

source mods
(not a video game) Go

this

Kingdom hearts starts out with you getting your ass kicked by some random dude on a street, later on you are reflecting entire BUILDINGS at the bad guy who has pretty much gained the strength of a demigod.

>MC never gets as physically strong as the bad guy though
The game is Xenogears

Zone of the Enders 2

one of the biggest leaps i know is Fallout 2. You start almost naked, struggling to defeat rats and snakes with a stick.

By the end of the game you can be inside a power armor shooting lasers at other power armors

You go from barely killing basic enemies to beating up Hulk Hogan to fucking up dragons and ancient demons with low health dodge builds.

Dying Light. You start off having great difficulty fighting any more than 1 or 2 zombies, encouraging you to run away. You eventually become a superhuman mad man able to smash and cleave through dozens of zombies with little difficulty.

Night time is still very difficult though. But it goes from something you can barely survive for any length of time to being able to fight all night.

Any Pokemon game.

Also any Heroes of Might and Magic game. Start with a few Skeletons, end up with a thousand Power Liches anyone?

Final Fantasy Tactics. You start out barely able to defeat starving thieves and you end up 1 shotting demons.

Nice try, everyone knows there's another game that does that better, and that game is Fallout 4

>In the lore, you're also ageless

Any RPG that's heavily reliant on stats (level 1 you do 10 damage, level 100 you do 9999 damage).

Divinity: Original Sin 2.
>was just at the wellspring of Source and got some Divine tier items after missing out on a chance to become a god

In terms of in-game power level I think I went forwards by a lot, then suddenly backwards.

Sounds like Terraria.

You start with weapons that can inflict a couple DPS, and end with weapons that can inflict upwards of ten-thousand DPS. It gets to the point where you can spawn in earlier bosses and kill them in a couple of seconds while taking literally no damage at all because you have regen effects.

Genetos
Karous
Darius games always have a strong power progression

Any game in Disgaea series. At the start you do two digits of damage, after you finish grinding it goes into hundred billions.

Paradox games if you blob

20 pops up

now THAT'S the type of exponential growth that makes games fun

Not enough. I want games where you start with 0.01 damage or less and end with the damage numbers just getting replaced with words like Googol, Googolplex, and Graham's Number.

Well, TECHNICALLY, there's Spore.

When you start out you can only kill nearby bacteria. When you finish, you can blow up planets and genocide entire species.

KINGDOM HEARTS

World of Warcraft Legion

the power creep is out of this world on current year WoW.

Playing Morrowind in Multiplayer really showed just how stupidly powerful high-level characters area. Most of our characters were only around Level 20, and could instantly kill most things in the game, including low-level characters, in a single hit or two. And that was without custom spells and potions.

And of course, with all of the defenses that any high-end Morrowind character like that has, it means that pretty much any attack can be no-selled too, or will inflict negligible damage.

Eh.

Sounds like most SMT games

Genetos is fucking baller.

Any games where your character gets progressively weaker and weaker as you go on?

AoE 2

Earth Defense Force 4(.1).

Typically RPGs are like this

Star Ruler 1 has the best sense of scale of any game I've ever played. Start the game with little shitbox jalopies with a missile bolted on the front skirmishing between solar systems, end the game with fifty-solar-mass monstrosities that blow up suns and can rebuild themselves from scrap, roving Von Neumann carrier fleets strip-mining solar systems to reproduce themselves further, orbital railguns sniping planets from the other side of the galaxy.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. One of the reasons why it's so good, hitting the economy power spikes feels amazing. Removal of tile limits, hab complexes/domes, supply crawlers, advanced terraforming for condensers/boreholes/solar farms, tree farms/hybrid forests and by extension population booms, satellites, clean reactors for your standing army/formers, all of that multiplies and catapults your economy yields into the stratosphere. The leaps in military capacity are big too, though they're mainly limited to jets, choppers and paratroopers coming online and whenever you get new reactor tech. Also getting reliable elite unit access to some extent. Weapon/armor power increases are more of a linear thing once you clear the early game essentials (Rovers, Impact weapons, Plasmasteel armor, ECM, Trance)

My latest third age total war game went this way economically.

Start the game making a few hundred a turn and barely able to support your units, end the game supporting dozens of full stacks while still making a hundred thousand gold a turn.

Ironically enough Darkest Hour is like this.
You usually start with a small amount of divisions but by building more divs and IC you hit a critical mass in which you can just keep making more and more soldiers.
An example for this is playing Mongolia in KR and starting with 5 measly militia divisions. By conquering the chinks you can end up becoming the new Khan.You start having hundreds of motorized and mechanized divisions and start shitting on the europeans.
It's fun.

MGS4

I wish I knew how to do things like that in the game.
Usually if I try to make huge shit it takes 20 gorillion years to be made and still sucks.

Meant to quote

Frozen Throne

Gothic

Spore comes to mind, but that was kinda the point. Too bad it's (((EA)))

Yugioh

Underrated post.

Morrowind.
You start as someone who was a neet for their entire life and has no skills in anything and by endgame you can jump into the stratosphere and rain meteors of death.

Yeah swiping at some neck nosher with a poxy bit of pipe and scaling a wall to escape is early-game fodder, then a few days in you're attaching flaming electric modifiers to your fire-axe and carving/crowd surfing through blackened tunnels of mad cunts just to get back to sell all the shit you've collected that day.

retail WoW
and probably original everquest too

The game has a real geometric growth rate to economy stuff. If a ship would take ten minutes to build, you're better off spending seven minutes powering your economy and then three minutes building the ship.

Apparently the limit of having 2 spells slots is beyond your comprehension

Looks like total trash.

Ilias was right and Cupid is best girl