Of course

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xF3Nz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_C._Parker
archive.is/TPvFl
dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6056/
dereksmart.com/forums/topic/star-citizen-musings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who still falls for this shit, this is worse than EA lootboxes, you pay and get nothing guaranteed

when is this game coming?

I know it was bad but I had no idea that it was THIS bad.

There should be a limit to human greed and human stupidity.

Wow this common core shit is retarded

There is.
Jews aren't human.

Never.

It literally became a phone number
+0168 464 334

Is that an FF7 comic? looks exactly like Cloud vs Sephiroth

This is why we have firing squads.

This is the game, it has been in its final form for years.

No. It's the seven deadly sins.
Which part looks like FF7 beside the long sword common infantasy stuff japs make?

No it doesn't, stupid.

But Chris is no jew?

Who the fuck buys "landmark" in a game? In a fucking game.

Gullible people, idiots and blind hardcore fanboys. They may be a combination of the three, but not necessarily.

if people spend 1000$ dollars on ships, same thing goes for virtual terrain

did you try calling it

It's just a collection of disjointed tech demos running on CryEngine.

Retards with too much disposable income.

Yeah, Tod Howard answered and asked me how many copies of Fallout 4, I bought. I told him, I didn't even play it, and he hanged up.

I've not followed Scam Citizen outside of these threads, what's the reaction within the community been like? Even a game like Interstellar Marines has some people who are still holding out hope, is it the same with this, or is everyone still on the hype train?

to think SC shilling fanboy would be this lost.
they are saying p2w do not exist because even if it does:

THIS MUST BE CONTAINED! if it reach EA and other . the woold will know a second Black Death

No he hung up. You should have been hanged at an early age.

some may folow his lead
archive.is/xF3Nz
i hope they do

Just when you think it can't get any worse, they find yet another way to get more shekels.

why am i not surprised about this revelation?

The game is jpeg ownership. It's far more gamified than people outside the cult are aware of. There are CCUs / hull upgrades, warbonds, buyback tokens, melting, concept sales, LTI, artificial scarcity, grey market jpeg traders, "concierge" status, etc.. It's actually all quite complicated. Like, ask a whale how to get a good ship for the lowest price and you'll get a very complex set of instructions that involves trading and destroying ships in the process.
RSI hooks a lot of these guys by doing limited time sales of the ships / features they want and also raising rather than lowering the price over time. So if they refund, they have to come to terms with not being able to buy what they had back. So they stay in and roll the dice. These guys are on the hook for a lot of money, too - I think the average individual 'contribution' is something like $100, and most of them active in the community are way above that.

How do you tell?

Read the archive

How do you raise that much PLUS take loans out from the bank and still have nothing to show for it?

Complete project mismanagement. This is game industry at its most bloated.

Malicious intent.

I've seen lunar real estate I'd rather buy. At least the moon exists.

It's a game designer with nobody to tell him to stop being retarded and start doing things that are actually possible without having 100 people go full Toady for the next few decades.

Well, if these founds don't go to more hires then there is no reason it'd speed up the process any. And then there are the constant content remaking and just plain wastes of cash like celebrity actors.

Shafer syndrome I'd say. Nobody to tell Roberts no, so they end up doing shit that isn't good return for money spent. (shit like hiring celebrities)

Last I heard, exactly everything needs to go through Roberts for approval. He micromanages every single decision, so it's no wonder they're burning money without return.

What have they left to monetize? Character models?

Did i read wrong. Did they anounced 3.0, 3.1 3.2 and 4.0 for 2017?
Because they're still on 2.6

Zero management skills. They were running a bunch of studios in parallel and they weren't communicating, so when they'd go to hook everything up, there'd be differences and work would get thrown out. In some cases, we're talking a year of work of a full studio. Staggering amounts of money just flushed down the drain.

3.0 came and went and there was nothing to show for it. The vertical slice they presented was such a buggy piece of shit they had to restart it twice because characters kept dying trying to get a buggy up the ship's ramp and a quest NPC bugged out. Also, the "climactic" battle at the end of the presentation chugged at a silky smooth one digit FPS despite only involving less than ten ships.

The game is not a scam lads, we promise.

If I'd been stupid enough to buy into this thing, I'd be suing.

Why are game designers that become independent always such pussies?
Same with Schafer. If they'd just be willing to hire a "business guy" to handle the management and financial decisions, they could actually make some good shit. Instead they powertrip and want to do everything on their own despite being incompetent.

Why was he so right?
Buy my game Holla Forums

The game isn't even out yet.
This is really bad.
I thought microtransaction whales in MMOs were bad enough because they were paying for all the cosmetics and shit that's technically already on the computer with the install- that's also why I generally don't buy DLC. But at least those guys are paying for items in a game that actually exists and is playable.

I'm still amused that the internet's original lolcow has come back from the past to provide lols in the new millennium. I used to troll Derek on USENET along with everyone else back when he was making the epic space disaster known as Battlecruiser 3000AD. Jokes about that hot mess were common all the way up to y2k.

As far as I can tell, there's a lot of feature creep in the game that's both extending development (then pushing back release dates) and increasing the budget. They would've gotten a lot more done if they made and released an average or even mediocre game, but then expanded it and added features.

Simple, he's independent and enough of a pariah to not give a fuck about "employment troubles" down the line that would inevitably befall any prominent game dev willing to shit talk Chris Roberts collection of badly optimized Crysis mods.

I do 3D modeling and the issue of scale should be easy to fix. At most you end up re-sizing a few individual elements like doors and stuff but the rest you could just change a few values on the XYZ axis and you are done. Maybe add in a few more details here and there but really I can't imagine it being much of an issue.

Jesus christ

You do know that Chris Roberts was literally blacklisted in the industry because of his mismanagement of funds and non-respect of dead lines.

I wish I wasn't a Pre Schooler during those days, when I started delving more into the Internet Web 2.0 was already upon us.

I fucking missed out

I just find it funny that he got more attention than other backers that also knew their shit considering his track record.

Let it go Todd.

Who knows? Name doesn't give it a way, and features aren't 100% accurate, however…
Freyermuth is a Jewish name. Freiermuth would've been the more German variant. Ortwin's brother is Gundolf Freyermuth, who in 1994 wrote a piece called 'Despite His Fate, He Found His Fortune' which talks about jews escaping Nazi Germany to find their fortune.

Because they literally came out of big studios where a guy like that was there to tell them to stop dreaming and start working, so that a product is eventually made.

It requires a spartan level of self discipline to set deadline to yourself and force yourself to respect them.
And if you do have that level of discipline they wouldn't had the problem when working for someone else.

Why would anyone trust a guy who looks like shit with their money?

At least Toddy boy is a handsome fellow, fanboys just can't help themselves.

I've stopped trying to understand not only why people buy jpegs for hundreds if not thousands of dollars, but also how Roberts manages to get away with it. Now I'm just waiting to see how long he can do it.
Mark my words, there is going to be a death count on this thing when it finally collapses and goes supernova. Taking bets if Roberts is going to be among the dead.

No matter how hard we try it always goes back to Toddppsting

You could fund NihonFalcom and KTGust for 30 years with 160 million $€.

SUNK COST FALLACY

Humanity was a mistake.

You shouldn't though.

There are actual scams to buy real extraterrestrial land that are still more worthwhile than this. At least the Acre of Mars pack includes a drinks coaster.

Yeah I doubt the people into SC are weebs.

I am a weeb but I also enjoyed WC and Starlancer back in the day. Before online gaming took off.

What amuses me is that with CIG's revenue stream the game will eventually be released to CR's standard with money to spare for post launch major content patches. The first person to become an hero will be Derek Smart. Take that to the bank.

WC and Starlancer have decent gameplay as a result of Erin Roberts though.

Sure thing nigger
4/10

Shekel Yidzen strikes again.

Mah nigga

You'll believe me when I am proven right and I will mock you when you are deprived of your Starmageddon. I am building my smug anime girl folder in preparation for that day.

haha yup

remember squadron 42? nah of course you don't

Yes, that too. I have my crystal chalice ready for Derek Smart's bitter tears.

kek c'mon man its well past poe's law at this point.

how low you can go jeez

Post yfw you didn't fall for the scam citizen.

no, because its just a stupid trick to crash the thread faster,

Fuck me.

Everyone shitposts about how hard were Derek Smart games to control, so everyone deemed them as glitchy shitty mess, and i can't shitpost about Dwarf Fortress, the battlecruiser of 21 century.
Literally same problems, large scale with no thoughts about nice control scheme.

You can go lower by buying into it.

Get that shit outta here. Now my computer is all fucked up.

Huh.

Yeah property is evil goy, especially when you can make a bussiness or a profit out of it oy vey.

I hope they finally release it, just so I can see all of the salt from the retard backers when they see how shitty and incomplete it is.

subcription ?
subscribe to the "UCC(or whatever the name of future united nation)travel route feed" to get priviledged space route that make you tarvel faster (and have priority in instanced zone)

and of course: reduced taxes / insurance fee / repare cost / etc …

The fuckers in the comments on the last DSO article (and probably posting everywhere else too) absolutely disgust me.

Usually F2P whales are somewhat shy in public discussions, expecting to get ridiculed and knowing that they'd deserve it. But SC fans think they're a "part of something bigger" and that makes them bold.

Posting waifu from good, actually released space game as anti-rage.

look up entropia universe, formerly known as project entropia, and club NEVERDIE and crystal palace

ur waifu a shit

is there any /clang/ of this? just for research purposes that's all.

prove it

I have to agree, that waifu in that image is shit.

By being a scam faggot.

Fuck dbz, fuck cell, fuck your stupid analogy

Hi Chris.

This is a year old and things haven't gotten better

It's not every day we see a traditional popular idiom being replaced in real time:

>I have a plot of land on the moon on Star Citizen to sell you, Mr. Gullible Idiot!

How much did you sink on that, user? Be honest.

Classical Todd!

Why did they have to grow exponentially? I don't even mind power levels being a thing, but those numbers are ridiculous.

stupid people are impressed by big numbers. see star citizen.

Oy vey, if you really want to impress the ladies on your first date, show them the virtual river named after yourself. Take her there in style with the Cugatti Bhiron, now only $4,000 drive away! But don't forget to look your best in Bugo Hoss Spring of 2018 collection, now only $500! Oh, and who could forget the Coet & Mhandon? The ladies love virtual libations of the highest quality, and it's only $50 a bottle, goy!

Because that's how Scouters would measure them.

Power levels are just a term that Frieza's empire used to explain how strong someone is, depending on their Ki/energy output.

If someone has planet, solar or galaxy busting power, a scouter would emit that as millions or billions in numbers.

I did. I spent 40 bucks on a ship in the early days when it entitled you to a copy of the game. It was actually a nice deal back when it there was hope of the game ever existing.

nice digits but i ain't going nowhere ;^)

How comes Vegeta's Final Flash is that strong and didn't even hurt Cell? I think it took off a chunk off him, but didn't kill him, right?

Blame it on the misfortune of your birth.

At some point these guys have to be selling shit just to see how insane their cult has become.

At first I was laughing at all the retards throwing thousands upon thousands into the moneyfire but now its getting pretty sad.

Those numbers are fanfic bullshit and not canon, but the above is true regardless.
The reason they grew exponentially, though, is because of the flowchart-esque nature of DBZ's writing. A new villain shows up and is stronger than the strongest hero, but then one of the heroes pulls an ace out of their ass and is suddenly stronger than the villain, so the villain has to quickly be replaced by a new one who is even stronger.
This cycle repeats until the very end of the Buu arc, where Toriyama realizes too late that he doesn't actually have to keep making the next villain stronger than the previous one, so the final fight ends up being Goku against the second or third weakest incarnation of Buu. Gohan is nowhere to be seen despite having a bigger number than his dad because he'd been the victim of Toriyama's power scaling so hard that his own popularity with fans had been irreparably sunk.

Cell has Piccolo's genes and just regrows his arm back.

He was a pussy that backed out of his bluffing at the last second and moved a bit out of the way.

This is some old school money fuckery and I'm loving it. Of course I'm the sort of the person who gets perverse pleasure in reading about massive scams like the South Seas Company.

it's just a joke about the proverbial "I got a bridge to sell you"

Don't believe the naysayers, user, this game will be out at the end of see video.

chris please i know you're married to it but putting even more lies on top of everything else isn't gonna help your case now

I'm a Bong, we actually sold a bridge to the yanks so it's not really a proverb over here

Fuck imagine if Todd was running this scam.

Ah, yeah that would be a super opaque reference then. If you enjoy old time scams, this is the most famous American one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_C._Parker

I can't wait to hear about the suicides when this game crashes and burns

is he the elon musk of video games?

What am I looking at in the 3rd pic?

Jesus christ, I'm just a 2 year trade school codemonkey and I've already been taught the management principles that prevent exactly this from happening. HOW can he be this incompetent? Is it really him scamming people or is he actually just this stupid? Because the fact that he's taken out loans says that even if he is scamming people, hes' not doing a very good job of it. Unless he's taking money out of the company for himself so he still has millions of dollars even if the bank takes ownership of the company.

elon actually made few cars

your daily dose

If you actually watched their Kickstarter video and had half a brain, you would have seen how much bullshit it was.

Holy shit I just looked at reddit, that fucking subreddit is a cult and then some. Massively in denial, clearly "opinion shapers" telling them what to think.
CIG is clearly short on liquid cash if not any cash to do something this stupid, the bubble might not be far off popping on this.

I've seen this kind of situation before first hand. It's so demoralizing for anyone working in this kind of situation. You have leaders with no clearly defined roles who can get away with any poor decision making because their roles weren't defined in the first place. Heaven help you if you stick your neck out in protest against one of these decisions, when shit goes south you get fired. I'm curious what the burn rate is at their studios cause I keep getting like 2-3 recruiters a week trying to get me to work on SC.

Yes and no. Both are dreamers but at least one of them has a team that can deliver most of the promises.

bullshit, post pics

I'm sorry but are you trying to doubt plebbit is full of fucking retards?
Just read the fucking shit show yourself.
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7gmjpw/pc_gamer_article_on_the_land_claim_licenses/

they seems more resigned than in denial

they dont even seems to care about how late the game is and if they will ever have a release….
maybe because subconsciously they do agree that if there is an official release it would be the death of the game due to the death of the hype… kind of like no man sky

Jews have been waiting 3000 years for their Messiah. At some point you just realise that the wait is what matters.

It baffles me how this scam is still going, is it this easy to take money from stupid people?

what's left are lootbox SPACE container found through exploration or completing quest missions

Yes. The only issue is whether you have the morals to not take advantage of them and the gall to ignore those who call you out on it.

FTFY fellow user, but it addresses the mentality of Chris Roberts perfectly. The man's a spiritual Jew.

I want to see the demon king fuck the supreme deity

Where were you when Star Citizen became vaporware Second Life in space?

At least you can have a sex dungeon in SL.

In a few months he'll probably wish his mother had had a coat hangar back in the day.

Well, I said "most" not "all" :^)
TBH I wish he would shut up instead of acting like a visionary. I remember when the media was calling him the "real Tony Stark" even though he's nothing like the character. He's rich, sure but he doesn't create shit, it's his teams of engineers who try to make his fantasies come true.
I also wish he would stop hyping his HyperLoop, that shit is as bad as the Solar Roadways™.

The fuck is that? Sounds like a futuristic motor cycle or something.

this
the media and normalfags treat the dude like he's the second coming of christ and feed into each other's hype, which is fucking ridiculous especially because he keeps playing into this loop.
and sure, i won't deny that he might deliver on some stuff just due to the sheer amount of e m o n e he's given.

three words
solar
fucking
tubeways

at least make an archive and i could read more than 4 comments
archive.is/TPvFl

i see what you did there

You know what? I'm going even a step further.
I'm buying imaginary real estate on an imaginary planet in an imaginary game with imaginary money.
Top that, Starcucks.

A faster replacement for the current systems of transport, some kind of train in long vacuum tube. It's such a dumb idea (and quite dangerous), with all his money he could invest in ways to make better railways for example but no…
In reality that guy only wants to create brands based on ideas. Last year he invited a bunch of teams of engineers from all around the globe to design several prototypes of vehicles that could be used in his HyperLoop (none of them worked). Interesting fact: in the contract that they had to sign there was a section saying that every concept that would be tested in his Hyperloop would belong to his company.

Reminder its not casuals who destroy videogames. Its the hardcore tryhards paying money for lootboxes.

It wouldn't be nearly as pathetic if there was actually a functional game so you could go and see the dirt you gave real money to and feel the burning shame bring you one step closer to a deserved suicide. No, there's fuckall, these cucks are paying to masturbate to the idea of what the game could be once they pour enough money to dwarf the yearly budget of some small country.

I'm sad because my eyesight sucks and I've never been able to drive a car, so the Hyperloop appealed to me. But over the past few years as Musk has tried to make it look like he's actually doing something with the massive amounts of money shoveled at him, it's become clear that it is less and less likely of happening.
He's also an insufferable cunt who thinks his financial success entitles him to spout off about any and everything pop-geek or whatever. Great example is his recent AI fearmongering because the Hyperloop would compete with AI driven cars.

Some guy did an exposé on that shit once. Made a decent amount of sense
Short version: the creator is an autistic 5 year old kid who thinks “big is best” and ignores every other possible story or worldbuilding aspect of his creation (also he literally made the story up as he went along).

Holy fuck, they might as well make a blockbuster movie to go with the game seeing how much money they have and continue to receive. Honestly I'm starting to really think that Star Citizen is what will be the key to the vidya industry crashing. Major games by major (((Publishers))) are already tanking now, even with the full might of advertising and fabricated hype. Most of SC's money came from individual backers, Regular Joes who are the ones who buy and play games. With that amount of money and real hype being invested into this scam, anything less than utter perfection will already be a disaster. And if it does indeed turn out to be shit/a halfassed scam aka no game comes out whatsoever then that's a bunch of people who are going to be financially and especially emotionally wrecked. Which will then turn into anger, which will then hopefully be turned onto the industry itself

granted I haven't watched that video in quite some time, but why shouldn't people be annoyed about power scaling being messed up?

If this happened in any other anime people would be annoyed. Poor writing is poor writing

If you're actually taking DBZ/DBS seriously, I don't know what to tell you. It's literally the adventures of a super-powered retard who gets stronger when he yells a lot. It's about the least serious thing you could write a story about. The fights are always the least-interesting part anyway, the character interactions and side stories are more fun.

maybe because in canon dbz after freezer arc prettyu much said power level was pure BS.
it was used to give specificity to some race (some are able to generate attack who can go beyon their power level, other indicate their maximum output)
but since then "power level" became completly unreliable and bullshit because the strenght far exeed what it was meant to mesure and so it goes haywire

kind of how you can't apply quantum mechanic to our macroscopic world and say "you can be dead and alive at the same time" "you can teleport" etc..

Nigger the US can't even run normal trains. How many high-speed trains are there? Even Washington-NYC is slow.

Public infrastructure is dead and Musk isn't going to save it.

These power levels are just stupid. No wonder DBZ lost popularity.

There's supposed to be an express train in the works which would connect Houston and Dallas in under 2 hours (it's a 4 hour drive normally). So maybe the US will slowly develop decent transportation over the next decades. I believe they just got past the legislative bullshit stage. Gotta have hope sometimes.

B-b-b-b-ut the HYPERLOOP IS THE FUTURE!

Don't feel bad. Europe isn't much better.

My country built high speed tracks but let corrupt incompetent Italians build the trains. Trains that couldn't deal with rain. Ten years later there is still no service.

Live in a railroad town. The biggest problem we have is not enough people applying for jobs that deal with this shit. If you want to guarantee yourself a lot of money (and hard, long work because you're constantly in demand) consider getting a job in metalwork/railroad. Employers here are currently hiring just about anybody they can get up to a certain standard.

I appreciate the thought but work isn't a problem for me.

It'll surely die in three months THIS time! Right, Derek?

Say what you will but Gendum 00 had some ace soundtrack.

Holy shit, are you actually defending Star Citizen?

They are so fucking dumb it hurts. I want to take advantage of how fucking dumb they are.

Nice quads. Three months, then three months, then three months, then three months. That's how long you kept claiming CIG had before the money ran out and yet it still there, despite your jelly.

Mate, the only reason they're still afloat is because retards keep throwing money at them.
They will release the game in due time, I have no doubt about that, but it's how complete it will be that you should be worried about.

It's absolutely obvious that they are hopeless when it comes to delivering a product – their "artistic vision" has no merit if there is NO GAME.
All they've done is let people buy overpriced jpegs and play a buggy alpha build.

So, which is it?

It will be as much of a game as gone homo is a game.

I was implying that employers there are starting to get desperate more than anything. Things like this go to shit because nobody wants to work on them.

This is the same feeling when you crush someone in a game and they claim you're hacking.

Have the .jpg investors started killing themselves yet?

pls buy spesship i sell gud dollar for you only $50

it is a depressing sinkhole i can't wait for bitcoin to burst

fun fact: ion storm, probably the first high-profile game studio that crashed and burned, died in exactly the way that star citizen's devs are killing it. micromanagement from on top, lavish studios, and criminal misuse of development funds on cruises, ping pong tables, huge parties and celebrities. when it was all over all they had to show for their efforts was daikatana, a game remade like three times and finally pushed out the door in a totally pathetic state when they were almost out of money

Seeing this I don't understand how the SEC or the FBI has not come down on this scam.The went after fucking Herbalife which was way bigger.

What the fuck kind of upgrade was this?
Is Android 01 jacking himself off with some googolplexian powerlevel somewhere?

Androids 1-7 were scrapped and 8 was Frankenstien's monster no idea what the fuck Toriyama was smoking but I want some

$100,000 by 2019 you nigger
i'll bet you 1 BTC

Explanation is:
Basically, Gero is a fucking coward.

Huh.

This is all I'm seeing.

Maybe it's best to start at the beginning and slowly see the powers rise?

It increases incremently up until the fight against Frieza, which is when the first huge power creep kicks in (goes from hundreds of thousands into the hundreds of millions with zenkai and transformations).

Yeah, he hired his family members. That's how you usually shelter money from bankruptcy - give family a ridiculous salary. Darl McBride did that in the SCO fiasco where he was paying his brother huge amounts so there'd be no way to reclaim those millions.

Cripes, so the preorder scam is the game! The space sim was just the marketing.

Christ, Roshi and Chun fight, don't they? I'm not familiar with Dragonball original

thanks, doc

user, Jackie Chun is Roshi in disguise. He predicted that Goku was so strong that he would have no problem winning the tournament, and that would have gone to his head, so he disguised as Jackie Chun to kick his ass, and almost worked until Goku transformed in Ozaru and Roshi had to destroy the moon.

Real question is: How many times was the fucking moon destroyed in DBZ?

More times than Derek Smart.

It doesn't take millions of dollars to make a fun game. I've sunk thousands of hours into games made by single people and released for free.

The real sad part is that the US invented high speed trains in the moon shot era glory days.

Japan gets all the credit with the Shinkansen but its first generation top speed was 5 mph faster than a normal one. The US response was a true high speed train that was designed a year later in 1965 which could go 160 mph. Never had the tracks to take advantage.

wow

wow star citizen is a cool gmae

You could ask /clang/ themselves, even if there isn't any they have a drawfag who might help you with your valuable research.

Except that Vegeta is shown blowing up planets right from the start of his reveal and he was under 9000 so it clearly doesn't take much to pop a world. Frieza's death blow to Namek that took 50 episodes must have been barely anything at all.

The Incredible Hulk?

Reminder that there are people on this very board right now who not only bought into SC, they also think it will actually come out at some point.

I'll only ever give them 20 bucks if they show fully functional Capital ships.

Oh it'll come out and I'll be there laughing at them in the threads as they try to pretend it's everything they were promised/wanted. It'll be like Eternal Crusade only much much more fun.

Lake Como. Noice.

this fucking game lmao

God, that show was shit. And so is DBZ

In DB tien was basically set up to be the ultimate fighter.
You know that hand sign the loss guy from loss.jpg does on the last panel? Tien is the air gap between the 2 hands.

game?what game?

It's not even an original idea, it's 100years old, but Musk slapped a cool and trendy name to it

wew he should do a follow up video.

I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to. Shit's like staring into the abyss of cult's and greed.

The le hyperloop is just fantasy. It's not even possible.

Ever seen a low pressure or a vacuum tube? They're encased in concrete because the pressure difference demands the structure to be incredibly strong. Literally the reason why we cannot expedite the oceans regularly or reliably.

The hyperloop would be the largest vacuum room in the world and any disruption in it would kill all passengers inside, it is pure fiction you can build a structure like this that will hold a vacuum. Not even to mention that it would bend, stretch and distort with temperature differences. Any natural occurrence like an earthquake, high winds or fires would destroy it. If one place is weak all the passengers will die. It couldn't even handle the vehicle that would be inside it going at that speed.

This might come as a shock to you, user, but there's no game. It's been a scam all along. When the market finally taps out, Chris Roberts is fleeing straight to a private island.

wut
LHC did it, and at ~0K.

spacex is actually lunching rockets into space with high success rate and we may see falcon heavy lunch january 2018

I know. I think I said in a previous post that all he does is take ideas and slap a name on it.

The funny thing about the first pic you posted is that they couldn't even maintain the vacuum in that test tube. None of the prototypes of vehicles ran from one side to the other. It was a shit show that is still hyped by tech bloggers.

I remember the rumors about a money laundering scheme through the JPEG market. I wonder what happened after that.

Oy vey, antisemite!

Retard.

You realize most of the thing is just a huge and relatively simple ~0K tube, right?

His explanation of how ki fighting works seems fairly straightforward to me. I don't understand why he seems to think it's all convoluted bullshit.

Of course user. It's just an empty tube similar to le hyperloop. Just completely empty inside, right?
I wouldn't even use it for sewage.

Do you think the ISS has thick concrete walls? That's also the difference between air and vacuum.
Think, user.

It's called a pressure vassal. Please just stop commenting.

Will star citizen be on steam when its done?

pick one and only one

In ordinary conditions, the pressure difference between the inside of a vacuum tube to the outside atmosphere is (about, because no vacuum is perfect) 1 atm. This is a small difference that many structures can handle.

There are deep vacuum chambers for testing electric propulsion thrusters at various places around the world that are small and possess several glass windows from which to observe the device in question. On the flip side, compressed air tanks (which often have pressures well above 2 atm, so the pressure difference is even more than at vacuum) are usually just metal cylinders without further reinforcement, because the pressure difference cannot exert enough force to deform the structure. Yes, a shooting a hole in the structure is a bad idea, because it will deform in much the same manner as a popped balloon (elasticity of the rubber notwithstanding).

Aircraft cabins are pressurized at high altitudes because the ambient condition is insufficient for extended human occupation. The difference isn't as much as 1 atmosphere, but one can extend the analogy to spacecraft, which do have to contend with an exterior vacuum. These aren't encased in concrete.

Congratulations, you triggered my autism.

It's made of vapor, so it seems very fitting.

By the time Star Citizen is released Steam, Origin and Uplay will be closed down.

I'm sure you all understand the intricacies of a topic like this very well.

The pressure drop is only 1 bar. It's not much. Granted, metal is a shitty material for this because it can't withstand compression. Concrete, on the other hand, is great at taking compression, but fails under tension. Which is why strong structures are made out of iron reinforced concrete. That said, having it in vacuum is pretty dumb. Vacuum is all sorts of bad for the machinery. If the object of using vacuum is to reduce drag, you can simply use atmospheric pressure light gas instead, you wouldn't need strong seals, and it would turn out much cheaper than using fuckload of vacuum pumps.

Is he made out of concrete, too?

I wouldn't mind a 6+ year job where you don't have to bring anything to the table and still get paid. The dude at the head is fucking clueless at games and an arch manipulator of monied retards.

The whole 'my power is a number' thing is retarded in the first place.

So the progression goes:
Emo kid
Narky emo kid
Angry Weirdo kid
REALLY Angry Weirdo mutant kid
Lines and lines and lines coming off me I'm so angry Werido mutant kid with armour on now.

Yes?

That whole show was embarrassing.

To be fair, it takes a very high IQ…….

That's just a joke, right?

Where are they going to go next?

That's because redditors and the base treat each milestone like it's an accomplishment, like "Woo-hoo guys! We made it. Let's celebrate by spending more."

At this point, with as much hype as Star Citizen has, It'd have to be the Gurren Lagann of video games.

I too dislike animeh, fellow content consumer

I'm saying it'd have to be top-tier to be considered good. The best of the best. Otherwise it'll just disappoint. And there's no way it can reach the expectations that people have for it.
Unlike Gurren Lagann which is hyped to hell and back and actually lives up to it

You'd think this game would take less time to make than a standard CoD game. I mean open, procedural generated worlds are so fucking easy to program. Even old static games like WoW had 2/3 its content as nothing more than copy and paste and relied on users to fill in all the entertainment voids, a space game should be as simple as spaceships, some surfaces to explore like stations and asteroids, and then some purposefully confusing excel sheet economy with artificially slow resources to draw out the subscriptions as long as possible. Eve is pretty much what star citizen is supposed to be with the exception of out of vehicle shit. They could have spent their 100m on getting the engine for Eve and overhauling it with better graphics and some first person minigames.

STOP SHITTING ON THE GAME AND BUY MORE SHIPS YOU ENTITLED FAGGOTS

What really amazes me is that games 20 years ago could manage fun and engaging space combat yet nobody can live up to TIE Fighter and the like today, let alone cobble together something to rival the Elite sequel.

Why only ships you goddamn troll? You need to buy land bonds, armors, weapons, decals, paints. Don't you want the game to end all games to succeed? Roberts needs your money, paypigs, and it's your duty to give it to him.

Kind of like in my country but the opposite.
The state wants high speed trains but we don't have tracks that can handle them. Also, delays out the ass if a little moisture gets on the track.

Can't be any worse than my shithole of a country. Government buys trains from another country in some money laundering scam, deal gets blown open, other country doesn't want the trains back, my country can't use the trains for legal reasons, now they're just sitting on the tracks, in the open rusting apart, despite being brand new and very expensive.

We wouldn't have shit like this if there was a good dictator in power.

Poland, dubsman?

The bakers once they realize it was all a fucking scam, but they dindt hear, will be priceless.

No user, buy my game.

I wish.
Sweden.

My condolences.

I actually backed this game and let me tell you why. I wanted the best space game ever. Not a mediocre one. Development takes time especially when delivering a AAA game and it is also expensive if you are trying to create something with a lot of detail and features. CIG do not actually charge enough for each ship since creating each ship can cost at least $100k and that is for a small one. The $15k I've invested on the game already is my own money and I intend to give more. This game is in alpha so it is bound to have rough edges and will likely not be ready for several years. Chris Roberts has made the mistake of showing us what the game development process really is like which nobody truly understands his vision. When this game is finally released everyone will be sorry and wanting to play the game.

Yes. I probably should've made it more obvious.

New pasta or a imported reddit post?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Star Citizen. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of .jpegs most of the content will go over a typical viewer's head. There’s also Chris Robert’s idealistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his speeches - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of their investments, to realise that it's not just a game - it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Star Citizen truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Chris Robert’s catchphrase “Give me more money you fucking spergs,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as his genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Star Citizen tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5k of my own 20k investment (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

I never thought I'd see the day when anyone, let alone a game developer, would seriously, unironically claim this.
You can now literally say to a shekel citizen supporter "man if you think your SC game is ever going to be released, I have a bridge to sell you" and actually mean it.

I hope to God Roberts isn't in this thread reading your suggestions, because if he is we're going to reach levels of Jewishness it will make Moses blush in shame.

Hey as long as you can get some other asshole to pay more for your shitcoin than you did

As I recall from several hidden cam TV shows focused on nabbing fat old faggots looking to have their wives killed, a genuine murderer/hitman would take anything from 5 to 10 grand as sufficient payment for a job.

Makes you think.

start lifting lad wars acommin

Roberts is the gaming George Lucas. No one to tell him no.

This is less like bait and more like a car battery thrown into a lake.

Got a mild smirk out of me

I'm already working on it.

Not a commentary on you, it just seemed to fit.

Mr. Satan is also 3 years younger than Bulma.

So if you scowl *really hard* you're more powerful yeah?

And now he is not a cow anymore. How comes? :^)

He is a crappy game designer though. I bet the few serious applications he has made during his odd jobs on the side are much better than every game he made.

No. I am not assburger enough for that.

This is Chris Roberts's wife and the leading Manager of their Marketing.

Up until the last thread on this I was only peripherally aware of this non-game, I'd heard the name and knew it was in dev hell but not the frightening extent of shekelateering that was/is keeping it 'alive'. After watching some vids by people like describes it's clear they've literally bought into a fantasy and like a lot of fanbois will not only defend it but proselytise about a nothing, broken, shit tech demo while simultaneously ripping it to pieces themselves but for other reasons, like faggoty ship upgrades which also don't exist.

All they have is that most delicious of titles: 'MVP' or 'minimum viable product' if you want the true taste of the horror and bullshit, which is a pre-pre-pre alpha-ish empty tech demo knitted onto another and absolutely smothered in hype and lies that shows less that a 10th of what they claim to be working on which has taken 6 years, if the dev cycle (orbit) continues at a pace they'll be 'done' in 2071 but I'm guessing 1.0 will probably need a patch or two before it's up and running so best leave it till about 2075 before you bother looking again.

it is gay
also inb4 only pretending to be retarded el ebin troll XDDDDD.

He's the perfect person to ask about badly designed games like SC then.

I pity you, you've missed hours of entertainment as we collectively laugh at the biggest trainwreck in gaming history.

When you've sunk hundreds, if not thousands of dollars sunken cost fallacy triggers and you "have" to defend it otherwise you have to admit you're an idiot and a sucker.

It will be Freelancer over again. Roberts will eventually run out of money, the bank will get the IP, likely hire some Pajeets to cobble together whatever parts of the game are finished and ship it out the door to recuperate some of the money invested. Goons, furries and autists will commit mass suicide, Roberts will have to live the rest of his years in fear some crazed fan will kill him like John Lennon and we'll have ourselves the TORtanic 2.0 we have been so eagerly awaiting all these years.

Nice bait. it is gay though

Don't be asshurt over Derek fucking Smart being right on the tech. Wing Commander wasn't that much exciting of a franchise that you have to take a shit on a autistic space sim and its dev.

If you fuck something that has a penis and balls, you are gay. If you fap to a fantasy like futa, you are very gay.

By the time Star Citizen is released man will have actually left the planet to explore the cosmos.

Yes, the same way lesbians are gay.
Futa on male, yes. Futa on female, no.

I was praising Derek you fucking idiot. If anyone should know when a game is going to shit it should be him considering his track record.

Gurren Lagann is shounen garbage though.

I took a look at Smart's forum. I won't go his now unreadable twitter.
dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6056/
tl;dr
Real estate has always been a planned feature of the game. The funding chart is absolute bullshit and so is therefor the infamous google docs sheet. 3.0 is a disaster. It is unplayable, the number of bugs has grown exponentially.

Nigger, all you have been doing for the entire thread was shitposting and defending a gay porn genre from the accusation of being fucking gay. I like me from Yuri, but I will never shitpost how it isn't gay in a thread about Scam Citizen. Stop shitting up the thread.

Fair enough. One epic failures and dozens of experiments should have given him some experience. The remakes of his Battle Cruiser 3000 were successful for what they were.

cry engine scales models easily. This is so stupid. They literally didnt want to click the model click properties type in XX% in scale. since all the textures would've been stretched, it wouldnt have mattered. this is a shit show. They may have stripped out large amounts of the cryengine and (after stealing employees from crytek) realized they done fucked up big time. Especially with CryEngine 5 getting pushed out mid development, while they were already tinkering in 3/4. This is a shit show.

Eve Online did that successfully. Eve Itself seems to be just collecting shekels waiting for star citizen to drop. Their updates have def slowed (haven't played in last year.)

What's it like being wrong all day every day?

Yeah but toaddyyy is and always has been upfront with the users. He will never stop developing that game and every release is a step towards his vision. One day my great grand kids will have a copy of dwarf fortress beta. till then he's in alpha. night and day.

I bet it will reach 200 million and it will fail to deliver.

CryEngine. Yeah fuck fact the engine only supports 65000 entities ever…like you shoot 65000 bullets and you coded "make a shell casing every shot" and have 100 people shoot 650 shells….you have a huge problem.

this game is sooo fucked but will be pretty

I lol that

Also, Dwarf Fortress is fucking free and more complex and ambitious than anything Roberts has shat out.

The 3.0 presentation sure showed us them silky smooth one digit framerates for the last battle. Also, they're limited to 24 players in an instance, and you already have big ships that can easily fill 2/3 of that number if you include crew and fighter pilots.

"
he answer to that is ABSOLUTELY, I think, ah, if you’ve been watching some of the chatter on the recent, ah, PTU RELEASES, and, ah, you know, what’s gonna be in 2.2… eh, it is, ah, gonna be 24 players, so we’ve been working, ah, ah, HARD on sort of optimizing areas so we can sort of scale more, I think I’ve mentioned before that the, you know, the biggest issue that we have is uhm, uh, just the overhead that the ships have because they’re very complicated, they have multiple… items that have all this functionality, they need to talk to each other over the network… they’re attached to SHIPS, a ship isn’t just one entity you know, in the case of a HORNET it can be fifty or sixty, in the case of a BIGGER ship it’s a lot more than… fifty or sixty, so they’re very heavy, ah, sort of PROCESSING WISE and the SERVER in terms of just SIMULATION and also in… in network, um, sort of TRAFFIC…

So, in general, that’s, em, you know, more the limiting… FACTOR which… we’ve been WORKING ON, so we’re… we’re REFACTORING a lot of things to… make it much more, ah, SMART about when it has to UPDATE, ah, and all the other things and that sort of ties into the work that we’ve done in the past on the ZONE SYSTEM, we’re doing sort of a, uh, whatever you wanna call it, a NETWORK LOD and an UPDATE LOD that sort of scopes depending on, you know, whether you can SEE THINGS, how FAR AWAY they are, whether they are ACTIVE, whether it’s another PLAYER, whether it’s relevant to YOU and… so hopefully all that stuff em, you know, helps… increase the load that we can do and we’re doing things like we’re… we’re… you know, pushing more and more into MULTIPLE CORES, more… MULTI-THREADING to, you know, be able to do more… you know… PHYSICS PROCESSING at the same time as we’re doing more sort of entity updating and simulation.

So ehm you know, part of the benef… part of the result of that is moving to more players in, eh, CRUSADER, we’ll continue and we’re expecting to continue to sort of push that over time, eh, to get more and more and uh, you know we’re actually working on… some ah, BACK END SERVER MESH TECH uhm, that will allow us to ah, sort of MESH A LOT MORE… players all in essentially what will be kind of sort of the same, ah, INSTANCE, uhm so but that’s sort of ah, you know a LITTLE further along, but, eh, it’s ahh… yeah, I think EXCITING so I think we’ll be able to DELIVER probably more players than we were thinking originally… in concurrent areas… ah… so… when I think, actually there’s a question about that so… I maybe talk a bit more about it then…” – Chris Roberts, 10 For The Chairman, Feb 29, 2016 (Transcript courtesy of SomethingJones, Goon transcriber)
"

dereksmart.com/forums/topic/star-citizen-musings/

I really feel its not going to be player but entity count that fucks them; Thats why they are reeling in instance land. Its the key limitation in cryengine and they stole that artifact from bungie's memory management tricks. Imagine dogfight in an asteroid field. In my above pasta they are saying as much, the ships are not one entity. the small ones are 50-60+ the big ones will be in the hundreds or thousands. If we say 1000 only 65 could ever be rendered by this engine at the same time in the same instance…. From my reading on the cry documentation this is rather hard coded, changing this means rewriting large sections of the engine if not all of it.

It's also made by 2 autists who develop the game part time, when they feel like it.

yes best part of the saga

Player count will also fuck them hard simply because the servers can't handle the load, so it's a double clusterfuck with no easy solution for them. They've pretty much fucked.

And Dwarf Fortress is actually a released game that you can download and play and have been able to for years. SC is just a bunch of poorly cobbled together CryEngine mods that shit themselves when anything remotely interesting happens.

they should've spent 100 million on an engine, and 60 million on dev. then they'd be able to sell their engine and generate revenue and build the promised game. I hope they can pull it off, they all (other than CR) seem very low energy (checked latests dev videos). literally tired and monotone. bad news

yeah cryengine wan't built for netwroking in mind, I figured they were just going to "time dilation" it a la eve

They have so much money they could rebuild the whole game in another engine, saving most-if not all, of the assets. It's just the code that would get redone. Sure it wouldn't look as good, but the project could succeed.

they are burning 71 million a year. I think cash is a problem

Well maybe they shouldn't have installed a space door.
embed because I'm not bothering to webm that… not for this thread, at least.

fucking hell so glad i didnt buy in

They can't even do that right.

I think this is probably their non-plan, keep pushing vids and jpegs and do a desperate attempt on an engine that *also* does't exist.

I posit that people who say "you know" a lot are bullshitters.

He uses it eleven times in a barely intelligible waffle about how the *still* present limitations of the butchered and Frankenstein'd engine he's so glued to make it incapable, in this lifetime anyway, of supporting his batshit notions without doing drastic downscaling. I *think* in the middle there he's talking about paring down the player's domain to offset the network limits they face, if that idea stays on (and if this stillborn is ever inflicted on the world) I'll wager your pilot will be have to be canon shortsighted, or the glass in the cockpit will be bent like a funhouse mirror so you can only see a 10ft bubble in front of the ship for fear of crashing the server and setting your computer on fire.

I'm kind of glad I came in late, this is like having 6 seasons of Game of Chairs to pour over.

It's a wonder they don't have a working fucking holodeck with 170m pissed up the wall.

The door is old news. What isn't old news is a 3.0 stream from a Evocati server. Just look at all the broken shit.

ow~ you dum fuck