/ogc/ Racing Games General - Rolling Start Edition

Discuss racing games. Try in vain to get /ogc/ to race together.

The wiki ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

ama
imgur.com/gallery/tZENCMR
teknogods.com/phpbb/download/file.php?id=2050&sid=22d5a9dd4626bf38f7457e3ed8b33a3d
youtu.be/imXk8u-reUQ
youtu.be/h3jR08-GjQY
youtu.be/2sRKNrQJlxQ
youtu.be/FFwoxM1MiBw
youtu.be/ihH5uDUaqRE
youtu.be/xQRmYMlmdqM
my.mixtape.moe/buqpff.zip
get-good.net/index.php?title=Fatal_Racing
gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmTH8WPvSoDaGgPZ52w81y9FQV3YohrChZYKHEhPrRGwk3
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2442505391476923482
youtube.com/watch?v=PxH7crID5AY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xw55wqO5yzU
youtube.com/watch?v=LJxN_rFxh2g
youtube.com/watch?v=FTVL-AEPHEE
youtube.com/watch?v=HuFPmQ473FA
youtube.com/watch?v=3KrffcD6ZHM
mega(dot)nz/#!RXRT1AyK!ysVqiAkEjjMTCKIhXpZcAwJNz9PpAMZdgznbXz3ti18
mega(dot)nz/#!oWw3Wbba!R8ndDxEUij9-SkcJn29UdMGWv9GCtB4THpYqDK2fyig
archive.fo/u68XG
sparcousa.com/hypergrip
drive.google.com/uc?id=179PXKAyab6wtK8iRGFekNSxlT2wXFFiU&export=download
nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/90s_super_gp_will_be_power_sliding_on_to_switch_soon
nicalis.com/games/90ssupergp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just want another Sonic Allstars racing game.

i got my wheel but i can't find a replacement power cable for it, fuck this is gay

Man that looks fun. I've bought the game and the g29, just waiting for Christmas to unwrap muh presents to myself and it pains me to wait. Now I just need Nvidia to hurry up and release the 11XX series for an upgrade and life will be butter smooth, otherwise I i'll net 30fps with my GTX 660. And I don't want to wait another 5 months into May for that, which will happen, Murphy's Law and such.

Meanwhile I can just do the old GT4 emulator, but I have all the cars and I want a cockpit. Old pic no time to boot up the game today.

I want need for speed to be good again.
Imagine NFSU1 + technology.
Imagine the depth of uniqueness you could rice your shitbox with, imagine having a barely controllable pile of downforce by end game like in NFSU2.
Imagine making fun of the faggots who play underground and actually try to make a good looking car online.
Imagine a huge variety of cars and a city specifically built for being fun to race in.
They could make the best game ever but instead we get what we have been getting for the last 10 years and need for speed payback which was such an abortion it was completely ignored even by normalfags.

rFactor / AC league when

"Ay bawse, what should the first sector look like"

"A left sweep into an increasing radius double apex right. And then another right- and make the braking zone bumpy"

"Can do. Where do you want the chicanes?"

"All over the fuckin place"

"Bawse we forgot to put markers on that septuple right, how are the drivers going to know what's goin on?"

"They'll figure it out"

I asked this in the last thread, but it was already past 300.
I'm looking for stuff to play on my shitty Linux laptop. Could you recommend some fun arcade racing vidya that can be played with a keyboard (preferably from 2005 - 2010 period) and has a good open world? Something in the vein of Burnout Paradise would be rad.

It is! Guess I'll see you in a month when you open your presents. I can't imagine blueballing myself that hard, but more power to you.

Find some cable with equivalent voltage my nigga

Checked, and good luck to you

how the fuck do i get a replacement thrustmasters cable?

Nigger idk I'm just sayin get a power supply cable with the same end and same voltage. This sounds like a good job for Fuckingoogleit Man

FUEL, BAJA Edge of Control, Test Drive Unlimited, NFSU2 & MW, Midnight Club, Driver San Francisco, Midtown Madness

ReVolt, FlatOut 1&2, Juiced, NFSU, PURE, Ford Racing, Rollcage, Hydro Thunder, GeneRally, Split/Second, TrackMania United, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing and a bunch of other shit I can't remember

Anyone have any luck running Initial D Arcade Stage 7 on their PC?

Pretty much this.

it's a proprietary cable and i tried googling

/ogc/ race when? rF only.

Literally the first google result you baby

ama zon.com/UpBright-Adapter-Thrustmaster-Driving-Steering/dp/B01MPZZCVH

Thanks for the list, much appreciated.

Last I heard there wasn't much to do in the open world. I loved Paradise because it had a lot of fun stuff to do in freeroam. It does look pretty interesting by itself, though. If casual driving and exploration is enjoyable enough this might be just what I need. Downloading now.
My shitty laptop misses the minimum system requirements for this by a mile, unfortunately.
Tried TDU2 back home on a better PC and it wasn't really fun to drive around in.
Good stuff, played them to death back in the day. But if I'm gonna replay something it's gonna be Paradise.
I remember snatching a free copy on Steam a long time ago. Might be a good time to try it out.
Completely forgot about it, but it was in my backlog.
Didn't know it had an open world.

That's because TDU2 sucks ass. It was a massive downgrade from 1 in terms of the physics and how cars felt.

Also Paradise suck and is a bastardization of Burnout, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Guess I'll add it to my backlog then.

Like I said, I fucking love its open world. Simply driving around and getting all the collectibles or trying my best at the stunt run is incredibly fun. Having never played the previous Burnout games is probably a big factor too.

You need to go play Burnout 3, user.

Yeah, I do. I'm just not sure if my current laptop can emulate it with reasonable FPS.

newfag that was its main selling point back in the day

It wasn't popular in Russia back in the day. Everyone played NFS and Carmageddon.

There was one user who ran races on rF, but stopped some time ago, maybe we could play something again, I would prefer AC, but I'm not sure how many anons have a legit copy.

How do I keep my pedals from moving on a carpet?

Try shelf liner.

hit f9 and your FPS may jump to 60 in burnout 3

We need a Ridge Racer and Ace Combat crossover game.

What car(s) have you been enjoying lately? I'm having fun with Toyota Celica, but so far it's quite lonely in AC, it makes me wonder if they are going to release a rally themed DLC or at least some off-road tracks.

I've been having a ball in the Ford GTE car. Doing IMSA Weathertech format multiclass races is c o m f y and I'm real fast in the Ford. BMW 2002 is a super fun old car to drive as well, I've found. It's very drifty and quick.

Of happenings.

I got a gift for /ogc/.

mega(dot)nz/#!FXAWRAra!9ZS8EUddQOLT8RkI9-CfuxDzRlgXX5LbatG_7u5KKwk

Need For Speed Underground 2 on PC, the RELOADED release, all the patches, trainers, with the proper widescreen fix, controller deadzone issues fixes, and EU content unlocker. Comes with optional visual reputation remover so you can still get all of the magazine and DVD covers without molesting your car.

Be sure to read the readme.txt

Nice. GTE? You mean GTD (GT Daytona) right? In IMSA (I watched Weathertech series this year), the classes are: GTD, GTLM, and LM. I don't know what the Ford version GTD looks like off my memory, but everyone knows the GTLM Ford looks really good, with the red side frame that has an airflow pocket.

Why do you choose the GTD/GTE series when you can pick GTLM? Stick shift is more fun or something? Or maybe steering is easier, and you go slower so the track feels better?

GTE and GTLM are the same spec my nig

You're right about me using the wrong name for it in the IMSA format, but it's the same thing. Anyway, yeah the Ford is fuckin sick with its sidewings and quad exhaust out the center rear. The interior on the production car is just great too. Very 80s minimalist black, with racing in mind. A roll cage is built into the production car.

Also, GTD is the equivalent to FIA-GT3, so no stick shifts there. It's cool that they made all the IMSA specs compatible with FIA specs

Saging for quadruple post. I'm a retard it's only dual exhaust idk why it looked like four before.

Thank you user! You're an absolute lad.

Seems like Valtteri Bottas played Live for Speed back in the days.

imgur.com/gallery/tZENCMR

Oh and Nicky Catsburg (touring car driver) shares a story of racing against Bottas on the Live For Speed forum.

I find all BTWs like that, there is not 2002 in AC, but I'm having fun sliding with M3 e30. This is turning into quite a bad habit since even in GT4 Z4 I'm doing it and sliding through the corners and spinning out every other corner since I'm rubbish at drifting ;_; .

There are always a few empty servers without passwords

I've been driving the Aventador quite a bit lately. The things is an absolute beast in AC.

Man I had to setup the Huracan so much before it drove like how I thought a Lambo would drive. Loved to just skate off the track on the default.

For the longest time I thought LUT Generator and FFBClip app were a meme, I don't even know why I thought that, I'm glad I tried them, AC feels much better now. Now the only thing left if for me to git gud…

Tell me about MXGP3 please
How does it control, what are the tracks like (varied? built well?), what's the difficulty on it, is it worth $40 on a switch?
Am I a faggot for even considering it?
I really want to do some non kart racing on the go but my console has NO GAMES at the moment, should I tough it out until a better game comes out?

I haven't played it. Looks nice, and the MX boys I've heard from enjoy it

Okay. thank you for your fast response

No problem mate. Someone might chime in with better info in two weeks, but that's all I've got haha. I was thinking about getting that game myself

The MX games on PS2 were always fun to play because the freestyle maps had secret, hard to reach areas and tons of jumps. Don't know anything 15 years ahead of the MX games though.

What's your favorite recent bike racing game, anons? I tried Ride 2 a couple weeks back and while i tried my hardest to enjoy it, I just couldn't do it. I guess I was more in the mood for an arcade style bike racer instead of a sim. What are your recommendations?

Is Forza Horizon 3 cracked yet?

I don't know anything about cars and the last time I played a racing game was on ps2 with my old buddies. It was need for speed or something, I don't know.
Lately however I felt like playing some racing games. I want something comfy and realistic. Good graphics too so it adds to the comfy feeling of being in your cozy seat while it's raining outside. Do you guys have any neato recommendations? I also don't have a gamepad because I'm full keyboard autist but I'm willing to buy one if it's really required

You, like the rest of the thread, should be playing Initial D instead of garbo EA style trash. Fuck realism, get yourself a wheel (or a controller, cheapass) and take your pick from 1-3, 6, or 7 soon. 4 might work in RPCS3 as well, who knows.

I enjoyed Test Drive Unlimited both 1 and 2 on a keyboard. Another very fun is NFS Hot Pursuit, it's a full arcade, but as fun as they get and the graphics are great. Or you can go full autismo with Assetto Corsa, but you would need at least a controller and there is no rain or night unfortunately.

Thanks lads.
Is there anything more realistic? I've seen some Project Cars gameplay and it looked pretty comfy. pls no bully
Do you recommend it or is it just a meme?

Well not to shill Assetto Corsa again, but that one is realistic. I only played Project Cars 1 and it was fun, a lot of different weather effects and cars to pick from and from what I've read from other anons 2 is even better so if you can run it you should try it.

Sorry, I don't play sims. I do respect them unlike EA vomit, but I also don't really have interest in them. It's okay though, when you get tired of realism, Sega will always be waiting for you.

Thanks again anons. Will probably get myself Project Cars 2 and keep an eye on TDU&ID

dirt rally seems to be what you're after

How do you play these arcade games on PC?

v1, v2, v3 in Demul. Probably only v3 of these is worth playing.
Special Stage (v2+) in a PS2 emulator.
Street Stage (v3+) in a PSP emulator… but it's a PSP game in the end…
Extreme Stage (v4+) in a PS3 emulator.
v6 using Teknoparrot.
v7 whenever the retarded developer of teknoparrot pulls his head out of his ego sphincter and releases the new version.

Best entry-level durable FF wheel with pedal shifters and pedals?

Also, can 900 degree wheels be limited to 270 in the software? for f1

Rest in peace user, PC2 was $36 on sale last week, you could get for $30. Check g2a or other key websites, they probably rose again to 55$+.

Probably G29? Was on sale for $200 too during Black Friday, so that sucks for ya.

Cheers
Just got it set up and working and its great, just one problem where I cant choose the song I want to play, every time I press the change view button it also presses start? and as its an arcade game there is no back button.

PCars 2 can be really comfy at times. It's not any open-world cruising type of thing, but there are a handful of nice road courses to cruise on. The option to drive at sunset or night, or fog, or rain or snow is nice. If you like car sounds it's nice to just hear how different all 197 cars are. The racing can be really immersive too. You can set a manual formation lap, manual pit stops, and cooldown laps so you really have control of your car the entire time you're on the track.

Is Payback out yet? I found a torrent for it, but it's by 3DM which I don't trust. At lest there's hope for it unlike NFS15.

I just wanna rice cars, I know it will play like trash since it's just NFS15 again.

Still only 238 thankfully. Don't know if I can justify it as a student, though it's very tempting.

Mad Max racing when?

Could you host it somewhere else that doesn't hold the download hostage until it's complete? For some reason I can't download it on Firefox or Qupzilla.

Use Palemoon.

A torrent would be ideal.

The good news is, I'm starting up a dedicated rFactor 1 server. The bad news is, it's Mini Stocks on a Dirt Oval.
Would there still be interest?

then find it it's easy you fucking faggot

Does /ogc/ know any driving simulator that
- Has a career mode resembling one in Gran Turismo, where you need to grind for many cars and that there are only small restrictions on car variety and performance imposed on races,
- Provides cockpit view,
- Runs natively on PC, not a console exclusive game?
Need this to get off withdrawal symptoms of not playing GT for years.

yeah its called GT 4 on a PS2 emulator

I miss GT4's loose restrictions, saving up for a chaparral 2j and blowing the doors of all the classic/compact races was the best.

The Mad Max game was actually pretty good for what it was. The Survival Aspect was pointless after the tutorial, and later enemy cars are stupid strong. And scrap is a bitch to find. But it's over all a fine game.

So I'm trying to get Initial D Arcade Stage 6 working with multiplayer, and Teknoparrot (the emulator) is locked behind a patreon paywall. I'm not really big on signing up for that shit in general only for it to end up not working. If someone could upload teknoparrot 1.04a, or any other version that could possibly work with multiplayer, that would help me a lot.

See if this direct link works
teknogods.com/phpbb/download/file.php?id=2050&sid=22d5a9dd4626bf38f7457e3ed8b33a3d

If not then I'll upload the file elsewhere.

Doesn't unfortunately

RACING DOCS DUMP

Too Fast To Race [Rally Group B] youtu.be/imXk8u-reUQ

The Crashes That Changed Racing youtu.be/h3jR08-GjQY

Inside The Ring youtu.be/2sRKNrQJlxQ

Truth in 24 youtu.be/FFwoxM1MiBw

TT: Closer To The Edge youtu.be/ihH5uDUaqRE

and the obligatory Skip Barber's Going Faster youtu.be/xQRmYMlmdqM

Why is it so hard to set it up, I'm forced to use the hood view, but on half of the cars it's rubbish. If I use dashboard view I feel like a midget, some work, but most don't, I sit quite low relative to the monitor and my wheel is way under the monitor as well. Does anyone have a similar problem? I tired adjusting seat position, but just can't find the right spot. This is killing me. Ohh I should say that you can't change the seat in the dashboard view, just in the one with the wheel, but in that one I feel like I'm sitting in the back seat, I'm too far behind, but lowering FOV feels so weird.

No. I drive in VR and therefore don't have to dick around with any of the output settings.

To assist you with your lack of basic geometry skills though. You need to set up your FOV to exactly match your monitor's physical FOV from the point you're seated. Using one simple formula you can compute the right value. The formula is double the arc tangent from distance over half the width. It will probably be fuckall, so you gonna need triple head setup to get anywhere near comfortable viewing on traditional monitors. Alternatively, you can just play it in VR - being able to look in any direction without having to fiddle with keyboard or mouse is an added benefit. Seeing real instruments and mirrors instead of some shitty HUD is a bonus too.

Thank you, I did calculate my "correct" FOV, it's just over 28, but this is hard to drive, I can't see anything and it's just not working for me and even with the low FOV I'm still sitting so low that I'm looking up at the dashboard, it's not behind my wheel it's above, almost like I'm driving a train.
I wish I could run or afford triple screens yet alone VR, I can barely run AC. Still thank you for the advice.

Alright, here's 1.06.
my.mixtape.moe/buqpff.zip

Triple screens nowdays are actually more expensive than VR - you can get 4k VR HMD for $400, and even cuckulus is selling off its old stock at $300 or something. Also getting it to run fast on a toaster is just a matter of lowering graphics settings. Unless you play pcars, then you need latest Intel™ and nVidia™hardware, otherwise it'll purposely make it run even worse than it would normally run on a toaster.

I had to change my view up a lot when I got a bigger monitor that sat taller than my last one. Setting it up with the proper FOV meant I had to basically not have the dash on screen. It's just all windscreen for me haha.

[Citation needed]. I went shopping for VR, and only those dumb as shit "Alternate Reality" buzzword Microsoft VR systems were $400. PSVR was $300 and Oculus was $350. Vive is still sitting at $600.
I'd be game to play vidya with VR, but not at those prices. I could buy a triple monitor setup even for the cost of the PSVR.

That's like double value of my PC… And graphics are already dangerly close to the lowest possible. I'll upgrade one day, but I'm waiting for more VR support for older games.

Hah, it's the same for me, but man is it lame, I want to see the dashboard, ohh well I guess you can't have it all. The problem is setting up every single car and I just can't get it right, I guess in some cars it's down to their dashboard or how tall it is.

Yeah I had it set perfectly before where I could see the dash through my wheel. You can always get simhub if you want to put a dashboard on a tablet or phone in front of you.

Hmm, I guess I could buy a cheap smartphone and try that. I mean I don't mind not seeing the dashboard, I would be more then happy using the hood view if it was good on all cars, but it's not. So I'm trying to make dashboard view work, but not actually seeing the dashboard is worst of both worlds.

Thanks user, appreciate it.

That can be a tricky subject though. Higher FOV always means the objects at the monitor's corner will be distorted (bloated) more than if the object were in the middle of the screen. Smaller FOV always means a more true image in terms of corner distortion, but you increasingly lose depth perception and the area around you, i.e. looking through binoculars. Too wide an FOV and things will be tiny in the middle, and 3x bigger at the edge.

Your calculation can compute "true FOV" of the monitor - if it were a window. But in most cases this window into virtual reality is going to be insanely small, probably like 30-50 degrees FOV. Optimal is 90 for 4:3 monitors in terms of distortion, and around that or 100 for 16:9, from my experience tinkering with it in counter strike.

Playing Dirt Rally but got bored of it.
Now I'm reinstalling Need for Speed Underground 2

Also this is annoying, following the logic… the monitor is NOT your eye, but "the window" in the car (I say window because the peripheral will be your bedroom). So basically, if your h/d ratio is correct, and your "camera position" (ingame settings) is set for the exact forward distance d from your eye (at the same height too), then you will have the correct proportion. But that's the problem, you might get the proportion right, but this sucks because the window is probably going to be a few inches from the wind shield, meaning you won't see anything inside the car, dashboard, speedometers. This is because you yourself are synced up - positioned exactly as in the seat of the car, but your eyes are only allowed to see out of the window.

TLDR; literally imagine this, put yourself in your real life car. Next, put the monitor on your dashboard behind the steering wheel (because that's the distance you are from the monitor right now, browsing this thread). Now, put a tunnel and obscure everything that your eyes can see, except for the monitor. Now remove the monitor and that's all you are allowed to see. Finally, drive. That's what "true positioning" would be with 1 monitor, essentially super low FOV with the game's camera glued to the windshield.

And after thinking that through, I'll probably put the game's camera just behind the windshield, at eye height. Sure you won't be able to see 99% of the car's cockpit, but at least you will feel like you are in the game's car. Makes me want to get VR now, i'll wait until the next generation comes out in 2 years.

Forgot to turn off sage.

I forgot how I added the game via the program but you can edit /GameProfiles/ID6.xml and add in the full path between .

Thank you for writing your posts, I understand what you're saying, but the "correct" FOV should make me feel more like I'm driving an actual car right? I should have better sense of speed and corner sharpness. But since the FOV is so low I lose both, I have no feeling for how fast I'm going nor do I have the feeling for how wide my car is. Sometimes it feels narrower and other times it feels like it's 5m wide. Maybe I just need to force myself to drive for a few laps with the correct FOV to get used of it, but it's hard, I'm driving worse now and I'm not very good to being with.

what the fuck Dirt 4 is actually fairly decent
especially my favorite part from GRID got expanded

I don't know shit about racing games but Humble Bundle currently has a racing bundle. Are any of them worth it or are all those games garbage?

I think in more recent versions there is a separate executable you use for setting game paths

It's probably the dumbest, most obvious question, but I don't see it asked ITT so please no bully.
What is the best urban/city racing game on PC?
I don't care much for physics and realism, but I want muh graphics, rainy nights, neon lights and huge city to have different types of races in it.
The only one I played is NFSU2 and it was ages ago, is there a pretty much modern version of it with good graphics?
Bonus points if it has my favourite EVO VIII in it.
Visual tuning is not very important as long as game looks good.

newest NFS Payback may qualify for what you want but its not cracked.

It's riddled with gacha shit isn't it?
Now I don't mind paying if the game is good, but I'm definitely not paying for something that has microtransactions in it.

I loved the stages, but god do I wish they kept the physical the same as in Dirt Rally and it was running badly as well which was a shame. Custom liveries were quite neat, but I wish there were more options to pick form.

F1 if you're into that and Grid if you like simcades (still on the arcadey side), they are all solid I think. The only one that is really good is Dirt Rally, but it was cheaper on steam during the sales and there is no reason not to pirate it since it's single player focused, I guess the same goes for other games as well.

The Crew is what you're looking for. Great map, the whole US, I think it takes around 2h to drive coast to coast. Good selection of cars and nice customising options, both road and off-road races and it was free for a time so you might have luck and they might give it for free for another weekend.
Now the cons: Rubbish physics, performance (it looks great, but it doesn't run that great on some machines), no EVO VIII as far as I know, lame story and always online ubisoft game with their botnet program uplay.
Aslo you might want to check Forza Horizon 3, but it's Windows 10 exclusive and requires a great pc to run.

physical aspects*

they got flak for microtransactions maybe as a falloff from BF2 and they upped the money rewards, its not really needed to buy anything but yeah its shit and game is only mediocre
I too want to play just for few cars I like (old golf, datsun, r34s)

I can't justify buying Electronic Arts anything anyway, even if it had Evo VIII.
I don't care much for IX or X, and most newer games have those instead, which is irritating to say the least.
I might give a go, but since it's ubishit, I highly doubt I'll eve buy it, no matter how cheap.

whats wrong with new models

They are too modern.
X almost doesn't look like EVO anymore.

I like X
because it was inspired by Gundam

I've recently been cruising on The Crew again. It's actually OK with a wheel. The drift physics are fun once you figure them out too. Hoonin at O'Hare between 747 landing gear is f u n

Yea, in short its not wise to set the game camera forwards so much. You need peripheral vision in order to tell your car width, mirrors and things. We are better off going with a VR headset, because the "distance" your eyes are from the VR monitor is negligible. And you can just look left or right if FOV is too low.

Thanks for the responses, I'll try looking at the other executables then enter it manually if that doesn't work.

Alright, the game is running now, I managed to fix the Error Code 5101, but I have one more, somewhat major issue. The game seems to close whenever I click on the window, or alt+tab into it. The game itself works fine, but only if I'm not "focused" on the window, if that makes sense.

And then Ralliart died

That's weird, I was able to get Mega to work on Firefox 43.0.4. Did you accept cookies? Are you using Noscript?

I usually have to allow mega.co.nz and mega.nz with noscript, and accept cookies.

If you like, I could split the files into two and below 1 GB, for Internet Explorer.

Is there a way to map keys to toggle apps on and off in AC? It would be neat if I could only see tyre temperatures when I need to, I really don't like having it on screen the whole race.

NFS has problems but the customization is fun

Sad nobody realizes this opportunity

I dunno how I feel about this.

The Argentina flag because he's fucking white or because of all the Argentinian furfags?

Both of those plus the theory that Hitler fled to brazil then hid in Argentina after WW2

Pimax VR. It's a chink shit but ho boy is it blows everything out of the water resolution-wise. And it's a copy of oculus' shape so it sits very well on your face.

All of my Forza 7 matches look like vid related. I'm getting sick of it, what are some games with a cleaner community?

PCars 2 in a league

Is Forza Horizon 3 cracked yet?

Yes, for quite some time now.

c h e c k e d

It's still Win 10 only if it's cracked, yeah?

Yes, it's DX12 game and if I'm not mistaken it only works on one specific version of W10 so you might need to upgrade or downgrade. That being said, I've only read about it, I've not tried it myself I'm on W7 and I don't have the PC to run it anyways.

I only got the color scheme after like a minute of staring. Maybe you can add the cross?

Not him but that reminds me I gotta do some more work on this sometime

Why is Nordschleife so much fun?

Is there a game out there that captures the fun of forza motorsport 3?

The history, the length, the sense of being a proper road and not a GP circuit, the graffiti, the scenery, the oddly angled turns, the Karussells, the dotinger hohe, the challenge. I fuckin love it.

Because it's basically just like driving on a really, really good public road, which I guess it kinda is.

It's the only track that doesn't feel like you're on a track. La Sarthe is the only other course that gets anywhere near to that feeling that Nordschleife has.

I never had a problem with Paradise, and i loved Burnout 3, should i kill myself?

Find yourself some kind of league, doesn't matter the game. As long as you're in a fairly decent league there shouldn't be many racing incidents.

Posted this on /o/, just have a look at what R* have in the pipeline courtesy of Foxysnaps. There's more if you check his Twitter too, including the Hermes, Yosemite and Hustler.

Because it's a race track that's like a long-ass stretch of scottish B-road. Knockhill is close but it's such a short circuit.

Anyone up for some Fatal racing/Whiplash?
I opened a server at 217.82.147.108, port 213
If you don't know how it werks enable IPX emulation in Dosbox settings, launch Dosbox and type:

ipxnet connect

then run the game and select network play.

I predict it's going to be a bit lonely on your server.

It is.

get-good.net/index.php?title=Fatal_Racing
Is this the correct version?

Could be, but I don't know if the US version werks with the European one.
If it's no good here's a link to my iso:
gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmTH8WPvSoDaGgPZ52w81y9FQV3YohrChZYKHEhPrRGwk3

This is what I get.

fug, try 2003:60:e7f:c51e:3681:c4ff:fe04:f53d
if that don't work I'll try connecting to the server mentioned on the OVG wiki.

meant for

Does ipx even take ipv6?
Forget it, I need to to work anyway. Those shitty apps won't write themselves.

Good luck man.

I hosted Whiplash before, I know it works. I don't think their server is up anymore though. If I'm not busy this weekend, I might be able to look into trying to host a node for it.

I put up a node, haven't confirmed if it works or not so try it out when you get the chance.
sjpcrepair.ddns.net:13954

Is this correct?

forgot to mention I'm using the 2.0 patch.

Looks like it, now you just need to get other anons to join your lobby when you set up a network race.

getting bored with dirt 4 already. completed land rush and most of RX.

So this are the cars from the upcoming bonus pack for AC:
And Laguna Seca track
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping for some Mitsubishi or Subaru cars, or maybe a Audi RS6 or something like that.

Wreckfest just got a big ass update. I'm glad they're still sticking with it.

I hate Laguna Seca so much. I will honestly never even bother racing on that track. At least 5 of those cars are relatively cool.

What the fuck is wrong with you

It's a boring track and the corkscrew always ruins the flow of the race for me. I've never been able to understand why people like it so much. I'd rather race on Zhuhai and that's probably the most generic track in the world.

Do you understand the enjoyment humans get from roller coasters? Now translate that to a roller coaster where you control a 500hp car through the drop. That's rad. Would you prefer a chicane or a hairpin to break the flow of the race for you instead? Get real. You probably like COTA.

I couldn't find a working Forza 3 any user got any torrent link?

But is it still a wreck?

What about emulating the arcade version of street stage 3?

Picked up a 360 from the local pawn shop recently. I remembered that I had bought NFS: Most Wanted years ago and had a real good time with it. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was pretty decent Underground-esque NFS entry for the current gen at the time. It was just fine. Went to re-download, and it's not there. EA removed the old Most Wanted so the shitty reboot Criterion made is the only one you can get now.

Just pirate it you simpleton of african descent.

What is it about driving Spa in the rain that makes it fan fucking tastic?

What do you mean you can find it? Every public tracker has it…. Fine here you go user:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C8010F8032A95218BC90E8D87E2582C93BC87918&dn=Forza.Horizon.3.MULTi13-ElAmigos&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexplodie.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fcoppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce

can't*

I find it quite fun myself, especially in a cute Miata.

Why would anybody ever drive in sunny weather when you could have something THIS beautiful?

is the racing bundle on humblebunghole worth getting?

Dirt Rally is great, F1 games and Grid Autosport are ok, but you can pirate everything so I would say no.

Mate I don't even know. The game gets 500% prettier in the rain. The thunderstorms are fantastic.

It's a little bit more polished, though they cut the lawnmower (it's still in the files, there's a mod that unlocks it again), and the AI seems to be much MUCH more competent. Or maybe I just suck.

Who /touge/ here?

Thank you very much user. I love you.

What I meant was I downloaded one before and shit asked me to login windows account and some shit, so I deleted it, since I don't want to link anything. I will try this tho.

Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure you have to do it in order to work though…
I don't know, I didn't try it, but here are instructions for the torrent I posted in case there is no readme.

Nice, gotta download it again.

Checking the notes now, this is pretty nice.
I hope it's not too extreme.
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2442505391476923482

Are there any open-world racing games for PC that are recent enough to look good and let me dorifto on the togue?

Hot Pursuit 2010, maybe the Crew or Forza, but other anons would know better about those.

Initial D Arcade Stage 6 (and 7 if you can get it running are quite nice, they have that Sega flair. They are not on par with a high end simulator but if you can notice, you are going too slow.
Quite frankly IDAS is the only choice in that department.

After seven months of delays, we finally got a racing game to play for a weekend.
>>>/radcorp/4122

Why is (real) Techno the best racing music?

youtube.com/watch?v=PxH7crID5AY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xw55wqO5yzU
youtube.com/watch?v=LJxN_rFxh2g
youtube.com/watch?v=FTVL-AEPHEE
youtube.com/watch?v=HuFPmQ473FA
youtube.com/watch?v=3KrffcD6ZHM

If any of you fags didn't know, a guy from half/o/ is making the one racing game we all wanted.

My favorite part of racing against other humans is trying to avoid their accidents. The vast majority of people are fucking retarded and it's fun having to think fast to avoid a major fuckup.

Hot pursuit essentially has press to drift so it's just retarded and unfun.
Drifting doesn't exist in the crew, the physics are too simple. You'll power slide for 1 second at best.
Forza can work with careful car tuning, just don't get forza horizon 3 because that one has broken physics which include barely working drifting.

Nice trips, but I've found out you CAN drift in The Crew. The only problem is an early-game Drift spec car loses power during a drift in anything higher than 2nd gear. The drift physics are actually very usable if you're doing tight turns in 2nd.

m-more solo touge for me I guess…
Who /lonelydriver/ here? ;_;

Heavy rain has always been my favorite weather.
I just wish games weren't so shit nowadays, because they just got extremely beautiful rain effects.

So I take it you're not interested in joining more serious racing competitions?

(Hitler Dubs Checked)

Here's one. You're not alone, user
I prefer driving just with AI, can't stand input lag in online gaming in general.

So I take it you're not interested in joining more serious racing competitions?

(Hitler Dubs Checked)

Here's one. You're not alone, user
I prefer driving just with AI, tried online racing and can't stand input lag in online gaming in general.
If you're lacking confidence, why don't you train with AI too?

Trackdays are pretty fun.

NFS Carbon's performance tuning is weird.

If you want your cars to be really quick:

I know it's not really a racing game per se, but it's a fun game to drive around in, but anyways, GTA just added it's version of a E30 M3 into the game, and it's pretty decent to drive.

Bumping this, we have a 24/7 server available for the game.

Neat

only if it wasnt that expensive.

I hope you didn't buy the 45 dollar pack.

Anyone here happens to have BeamNG.drive? that game is shaping up. If I had the hardware I would record some gameplay.

I tried it a few months ago. New map looks really nice, might be worth a purchase

I cant bring myself to finish Dirt4, its boring me to death

when I was kid I finished everything now as adult I drop almost every game.

It happens man. I don't have the completionist bone in me anymore either. I just play what I have fun with and don't worry about it. Especially with driving games. Just have fun.

No, I'm NEET so I have plenty of time to grind out money. The only money I've ever spent on that game was for the initial purchase. Sharkcards are for lazy suckers.

Now that looks fun.

AC can be a pretty fun game.

I remember when renting was a thing. For a week, after school, I could play. And I damn near beat everything I rented. Hell I don't even care for if new racing games are coming out (not that there are many) or really even playing them. Shit sucks.

Anyways bump

I do that, not on touge though since AI is kind of bad on mod maps. But I race them from time to time on circuits, I'm not that bad, just don't feel comfortable going against other people, even a small error from me can ruin a race and the whole day for everyone and I really don't wish to anything like that.

What do you do when you feel like you've burned out? I really can't find much motivation to even plug in my wheel lately, it almost felt like a chore today. Maybe I'll install Euro Truck Simulator and just drive around a bit.
Also how do I improve drifting? Any tips? Small corners I can manage, but I'm having troubles keeping in drift in longer corners. But the biggest problem I have is exiting the drift, I spinout more times than not.

stop doing that. I used to do this too, but once you just jump in you experience a totally new kind of fun. I was very afraid to play rts, fighting games and racing games only because I assumed everyone would just destroy me. But the more you play against people the better you get. And honestly, outplaying a real human being is way more fun than outplaying a AI.

its not for solo players is it.

Yea, it can be. I mainly solo play and still have plenty of fun. Although it is considerably more fun if you've got people to play with.

Is there anything you guys want for christmas?

A reason to live.

I couldn't agree more.

Read the Bible.

I already have one.
It's anime, please send help I can't live like this any longer.

I got a fix for Anons having trouble downloading the Need For Speed Underground 2 Holla Forums Pack like here.

I split the file to under 1 GB, so you can download it with Internet Explorer (be sure your cache and all that other shit in IE is cleared out). Nothing was updated, it's just a file split and the file contents are the exact same as here (widescreen fix, 4K support, EU car unlocker, etc.)

Obviously, extract both .rar files into the same folder.

Disc 1
mega(dot)nz/#!RXRT1AyK!ysVqiAkEjjMTCKIhXpZcAwJNz9PpAMZdgznbXz3ti18

Disc 2
mega(dot)nz/#!oWw3Wbba!R8ndDxEUij9-SkcJn29UdMGWv9GCtB4THpYqDK2fyig

I almost forgot.
Merry Christmas

Happiness.

user here was having issues with it on Firefox.

What's Holla Forums's opinion on NFS Most Wanted.
The original, that is.
I played it on the PS2 when it came out. The open world felt great, cruising around and taking in the atmosphere was absolutely comfy. The tuning was great too, and the visual modifications were neat as well.
The whole police thing was well executed, even though it could become exhausting to be bothered by the cops when all you wanted to do was get from A to B. The different units the police had were interesting too. Especially those big SUVs that would drive straight towards you.
The environmental interactions were kind of meh, but it could have been worse.

In my opinion? The last truly great Need for Speed game. It even had a bumping soundtrack that I still listen every now and then.

Fun physics and nice to fuck around with modded cars.

Apparently Road Redemption came out of early access last month.
It's not completely horrible.
They also announced a porn version.

WRC7 is a solid little arcade racer, the physics are just "realistic" enough to keep on on the edge, but not realistic enough that it's not undrivable on a gamepad.
7/10 good geimu, solid track design and atmosphere.

What the fuck

archive.fo/u68XG

Apparently this is a thing. This article was featured on the steam page.
I don't know if the devs or publishers have any pull on that, or if they just automatically show any faintly related article from steam approved sources.

Hey guys few questions, I opened my G29 a day early and i'm trying Project Cars 2, is the FFB supposed to feel like I describe? At center, theres about 10 degrees of no ffb resistance, and then when you turn its just a constant rigid force. If you let go it goes to center +-10 degrees. The FFB does nothing when i'm driving fast, it doesn't jut to the left or right like I thought it would on road bumps. Basically it feels like the motor doesn't do the little things that you should feel while driving. Any thoughts? I will try Asseto Corsa tomorrow probably.

Any reason to get rFactor 2 when I have Assetto Corsa?

I fixed it! Had to click wheel to PS4 setting then download & install the software. I feel the bumps! Its awesome.

Anyone else affected by GT Sport not connecting to the internet today?
Had all my progress lost because of shitty cloud storage.

Nice trips. Welcome to the kool kids klub!

I want a wheel and see that the G29 is recommended a lot. I've found it for a pretty good deal but the store also sells the G920 for the same price. From what I can see theyre basically the same barring some cosmetics. Am I missing something?

920 doesn't have the LED rev indicators or the red wheel with enter button inside of it, and maybe a couple other buttons like the share and the options button that are on the G29 above the PS button. So it's down a couple buttons and some lights. G29 is actually made specifically for the PS4 while the 920 is made for the Xbone, but both work fine with a PC.

Do people actually buy gloves for sim racing?

Yea, Sparco actually makes just for video game racing. sparcousa.com/hypergrip

Is it worth purchasing? :^)

LOL, there's times where my hands can get pretty sweaty during a kinda intense race or I'm doing lap after lap of drifting around the ring and my hands keep slipping and I sorta wish I had some gloves on, but there's no way in hell I'd buy something like that. I'd rather just throw on a pair of clean work gloves.

Basically what said. The rev indicator LEDs are really great to have, as well as more buttons. Merry Christmas /ogc/, All I have is a png.

That's not even an issue. What becomes an issue is when your back and balls become sweaty during a intense race or stage. It's especially bad during summers, and it will end up affecting your focus. Oh jesus christ I want to reinstall Dirt Rally.

Thanks, Anons. Picking up a G29 tomorrow. Merry Christmas /ogc/

is split/second worth 5 bucks?

Do you like rubberbanding?
If not, it ain't worth shit.

I just found out flatout ultimate carnage is a different game from flatout 2, now I got an urge to play flatout again.
Is flatout 4 worth anything?

No, what's really an issue is the random itch that comes out of nowhere when you're trying to concentrate.

What track?

It's surprisingly decent. But if you want Flatout 2, you should just play Flatout 2.

I'm going to get an T300 GT Edition next month, just worried I don't have a great table for it outside of one of those little foldable dinner tables.

It's out and it's already being knocked down to 50% off for the holidays. It's a disaster that feels slow even when boosting.

Also all UC offers on top of being FO2 is some extra cars which you can't distinguish from the rest, some extra drivers who ram into the other AI and make the races even easier, washed out colours, wavier water, stunts being taken out of the campaign and Gays For Wangblows Live tacked on.

Which isn't to say that it's not a great game, it's just not really worth owning if you already have 2.

I always have headphones on and it never fails that I get really intense itches inside of my ear while I'm racing. Shit drives me bonkers.

Monza 1966 Full.

are there any good racing games on sale? (i dont care if its arcade/simcade/sim

also it doesnt matter where its sold

Steam sales:
Flatout & Flatout 2 for pennies
Assetto Corsa
Carmageddon: Max Damage
Dirt Rally
Trackmania

What sets it apart from Project Cars 2?

mods

It's cheaper…
Fuck if I know, I haven't played PCars 2.

which trackmania is the best?

In general I'd say Sunrise.
But sticking to steam, probably Nations. More content.
Although the 2s are actually quite good. It's just more of the same really, just in modules.
Don't buy Turbo.

isnt nations the free one?

Yes. It's just the Stadium environment though.

What's the sound that the karts make when they reach 9000 rpm on Project Cars 2?
I just realized that's where the beat from Running in the 90s comes from.

F

What's the current state of it anyway?
Still mostly cruising servers? Cannot deny it was fun to spend an hour or two on those, but fuck did they ruin the game.

Meh.

AC has better physics, better FFB, and a massive mod community.

Than PCars 1

And 2. PCARS 1 actually has better FFB than PCARS 2, it just takes A LOT of time messing with the settings and using the proper Jack Spade files with your in game settings to get right. PCARS 2 feels entirely too artificial from a FFB standpoint IMO, and it's physics while good, still isn't up to AC standards.

I've got my FFB nailed down to AC quality, just took some tinkering.

Anyway, here's the newest version of BeamNG if anyone wants it drive.google.com/uc?id=179PXKAyab6wtK8iRGFekNSxlT2wXFFiU&export=download

I guess I'll get it near the end of the sale, maybe with the DLC. Thanks everyone.

how long did it took you to get to that level. Im now tempted to buy gta since it got sale but seeing the mountain of grind that makes korean ones easy discourages me somehow

I pirated Assetto Corsa when it first came out and the audio was too bad for me to tolerate, I'm used to Forza engine sounds. Is it still shitty? Has someone modded in some real stuff?

Engine and drivetrain sounds are really good on AC these days, IMO

If it's on sale, I;d say get it. But just starting out in this game at this point in time is going to be pretty painful. You're going to be cruising around with nothing but a pistol and hardly any health at all and you're going to be going against people with such a ludicrously huge amount of health compared to you, riding around on flying jet bikes equipped with limitless missiles , while they merciselly assrape you over and over again. The game can be really daunting to new players, despite being popular among normies, the online portion actually has a pretty steep learning curve and you really have to sink some time in it if you want to git gud. If you're on PC though money shouldn;t be a problem since there's so many modders on there who drop huge sums of money on people. Even if you're not good at the game it can still be fun to just fuck around and do whatever you want in passive mode. They added a flying weaponized DeLorean recently and it's pretty fun to just fuck around in.

Whatever happened to 90s Arcade Racer?

nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/90s_super_gp_will_be_power_sliding_on_to_switch_soon

Eventually.

Those jaggies in promo screenshots don't fill me with confidence.
It pisses me off how it went from multiplat to switch exclusive. Fucking assholes nicalis.

nicalis.com/games/90ssupergp

Then again I'm 90% sure the website is out of date.

Tried out the NSX and Civic Type-R mods for Assetto Corsa today and they're really fun. Personally, I think that cars with naturally aspirated engines are the comfiest ones to drive and it's also nice to have a FWD car for a change. I wish there was an actual Honda DLC though since the mod cars aren't quite as polished as the official ones.

I disable console crossplay and that was reduced by 66.7%

I don't think I'll be using it much, but how does rFactor handle force feedback?

An official Honda DLC for AC would be the bee's knees.

Been wanting to get into racing sims for a while and with the racing wheel being half price on amazon rn i thought it was a good time to start.
I know you guys say AC is the best one so should I buy the base version first and work my way up through DLC i like/want or just buy the whole thing or should I torrent it to try it out first

You can pirate DLCs and use them with a legit copy of AC.

You just saved my ass like 30 bucks. AC doesn't have some sorta anti-cheat system for that though?

It's very hard to set it up right, at least it was to me, I was never able to make it feel right.

As far as I know, no.

Heh, well had a feeling it wouldn't be great as far as rFactor, but wanted to ask anyway out of curiosity.

WHERE IS THE LINK

Wasn't daytona 3 weak as hell?
I remember they made a big fuss about it when it was announced but when people got their hands on it they never said anything about it again.

Heard that too. I couldn't even really tell it was a different game when I'd watch reviews on youtube.

it doesn't have controls or a proper patch to remove the protection

FUCK ENDURANCE RACES
do do do do, do do do do

It looked like shit and slow, plus no H shifter.

The fuck?

So I have been playing Forza 2 for xbox 360 recently after having an itch to play some "older" games. Doing the time trials and every one was easy so far except one, the Tsubaka short circuit. It took me like 20 tries, and every other one I beat on the first lap with no spinnouts or crashes. What the hell?

Still a fun game though, I enjoy upgrading my car to A rank then crushing the rest of the field. Good times

Endurance races a best.

What's the default tire in Forza Horizon 3, a $50 goodyear all-season? Every fucking car with more HP than a shitbox is completely undrivable until I upgrade the tires. Is it supposed to be this way? Did they leave shit-tier tires in just for kicks, and expect you to instantly upgrade every car before taking it out? I had a personal goal of using stock vehicles to beat as many races as possible, but when I got any muscle car, or the Mercedes AMG vs BMW M race, it's a total piece of uncontrollable shit. Wouldn't these cars come with appropriate tires for their potential speed, from the factory, IRL?

No

Check my fukkin digits yo. To expand on my answer, tires are everything. Drive any car in a simulator with slicks and then street tires and you'll understand how shit even the best street tires are.

Don't forget AC has a bunch of tracks you can download that fans made for AC. Mod tracks. I added like 12 tracks recently and some are really fun.

I haven't touched Project Cars 2 fot a whole week since trying AC, kind of sad. I just like how the FFB doesn't clip like pc2 was, and it has a subtle feel, the wheel is hard when it needs to (like when you aren't moving) and easy to turn when it should. Miss the environment of PC2 and snow.